Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Queen For the Day Challenge (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/queen-day-challenge-f311/)
-   -   QFTD76... CHOOSE your OWN Queen! (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/queen-day-challenge-f311/qftd76-choose-your-own-queen-t536970.html)

TrishG 09-01-2011 05:50 PM

QFTD76... CHOOSE your OWN Queen!

Do any of you remember those “Choose Your Own Adventure” books? I thought since this is the first week of fall I'd try something different for this week. Our Queen this week is up to YOU! You can use this week to get caught up on previous QFTD challenges, or you can choose someone else.

Please:
-- Make sure to LET THE PERSON KNOW that you've chosen them as Queen
-- Also let us know who you chose and put a link to their card/gallery in your card description.
-- Let us know why this person is QUEEN in YOUR books!

You can use QFTD76 as your keyword for the gallery.
You can also use a previous QFTD# if this person has already been chosen Queen (Here's a LINK to the list of previous Queens)
It's also ok to pick someone new who has not been crowned Queen yet.
You can also play along more than once, and this challenge isn't just limited to this week – play along anytime!
We might have a very diverse group of Queens this week!
Should be lots of fun!

Hope you all had a fabulous summer and look forward to many blessings this fall/winter and school year.

--{ QFTD76 gallery }--

TrishG 09-01-2011 05:50 PM

The cards I made this week...

QFTD76 / QFTD71 for Gingerbeary8

QFTD76 / QFTD41 for 101Airborne

QFTD76 / QFTD08 for allee's

I chose these 3 ladies because I hadn't participated in those previous QFTD challenges and I really admire their comments/participation!

Hope you enjoy this week's challenge!

MelodyGal 09-01-2011 08:02 PM

Trying to edit!

MelodyGal 09-01-2011 08:06 PM

What a great idea, Trish. I am choosing you as QFTD76. You have stepped up to the plate, continued the QFTD challenge, and have exhibited leadership qualities fitting a queen. You deserve to rule the Queendom. I hereby crown you Queen 76. I will be back tomorrow to prepare a proper tribute to you. Hail to the Queen!!!

Thanks for all you do.

Lorie

wendy2512 09-01-2011 11:51 PM

"frosty has fallen and cant get up"

Thank you for such a super idea, Pat Smethers has been a dear friend of mine since i started last fall and I missed her being queen so this gave me a chance to honour her which is sooooo cool...ty. here is my card QFTD76, QFTD03, "Frosty has fallen and he can't get up" by wendy2512 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

hobbydujour 09-02-2011 03:30 AM

YOU, Trish, are my Queen for the Day!! I double-checked the list of past queens and did NOT see yours. That's shameful....for all that you have done to keep this challenge going! I, for one, appreciate all your work. You deserve an extra diamond-encrusted crown!

AUTUMN ODE TO TRISH

Clownmom 09-02-2011 04:22 AM

As a late-comer to the QFTD challenges, I decided to go back to Queen Number One -- Mutnik. Here is my card for my Queen --

Poppies for Cathy

Benzi 09-02-2011 06:12 AM

What a great idea, Trish! Sure wish I could join in but it's just not possible. Have fun, everyone...look forward to viewing the gallery.

lazylizard 09-02-2011 06:49 AM

I am going to follow suit with Sallie and Lorie, and give that honor of queen to you, Trish! You do such an awesome job with your samples every week and take the time to keep this challenge going. It really is one of my favorites of the week, because I think it truely honors the faithfulness and supportive efforts these fine ladies make at keeping SCS the place to be. Without their comments, sharing, and contributing time and effort to this site, it would not be what it is for the rest of us. Much thanks, now I'm off to your super gallery, Trish!

allee's 09-02-2011 10:09 AM

Thank you so much, Trish, for selecting me as a queen to honor today. I feel I must honor the people most responsible for this thread!

I wish to honor the two people who have established and developed the Queen for the Day Challenge. I never miss playing along in the QFTD challenge to honor the devoted followers of SCS!

This card is for our beloved founder, Anne Ryan.

Scripted Pear

And this card is for our wonderful hostess, Trish G.

Welcome Home

Thanks to you both for the hard work and devotion that has gone into this fabulous challenge!

Reddyisco 09-02-2011 11:30 AM

Trish.....you were the obvious choice!!!! Here's my card in your honour!!

SweetnSassyStamps 09-02-2011 12:26 PM

I stumbled upon this gallery today and couldn't stop drooling over the gorgeous creations I found there:Splitcoaststampers Member Galleries - geobeck - Handmade Cards & Crafts

Here's my tribute to Becky: Back to School Puppy QFTD76 by sweetnsassystamps - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

TrishG 09-02-2011 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetnsassystamps (Post 18688211)
I stumbled upon this gallery today and couldn't stop drooling over the gorgeous creations I found there:Splitcoaststampers Member Galleries - geobeck - Handmade Cards & Crafts

Here's my tribute to Becky: Back to School Puppy QFTD76 by sweetnsassystamps - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

You're right Korin. It is a fabulous gallery!
Thanks for playing along.

BarbieP 09-02-2011 02:16 PM

I chose to pass the crown to CBmott for her beautiful sympathy card I chose to case. Here is my card (sorry it is blurry because of the high pearls keeping sentiment off scanner screen):

QFTD76 - Sweet Hour of Prayer by BarbieP - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

MelodyGal 09-02-2011 09:05 PM

Here's a card for:

Queen Trish

RDey 09-02-2011 09:36 PM

I picked NANCYRUTH. I have admired her cards for years. Heres' mine: QFTD76 Vanilla Anniversary by RDey - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

hollerinastamps 09-03-2011 03:15 AM

I'm also crowning TrishG queen for the day! She always has such kind comments and encourages us all. Thank you for all you do, Trish! Here's her pretty card and mine. Enjoy your reign!!

Holstein 09-03-2011 05:20 AM

My choice today for Queen was easy!!!! I choose TrishG. I'm not sure if she is aware of the joy she brings to so many stampers when she chooses them for this challenge. I would like to thank-you for your hard work, kindness, and all your sweet comments. I always smile when I see your adorable avatar. I tried to make a card that looked like your adorable dog. I kinda cased your anniversary card, which I thought was so sweet. Thanks again Trish for all you do and your inspiration. Linda Here is my card I made in your honor. IC300, QFTD76 TrishG Thank-you by Holstein - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

etsdas 09-03-2011 05:41 AM

I also selected TrishG - thank you for stepping in to continue this challenge! You have a lovely gallery, and you honor each of us with your many comments as well as the challenge cards you do.
There are so many deserving SCS members - I may just continue to add to this as I have time!

QFTD76 ~ Honoring TrishG by etsdas - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

jandjccc 09-03-2011 12:42 PM

I'm going with all of you who picked Trish. She is such a sweetheart with her wonderful comments and for taking the time to keep this thread going to honor all the super stampers on scs. I know it's not a easy job and she does it so well. I really appreciate her. So here's to you Queen Trish---- May your week be super fun and THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL YOU DO!
Her's mine...
QFTD76 My Friend Trish by jandjccc - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

jandjccc 09-03-2011 12:42 PM

Sorry for the double post. My computer has a life of it's own today. lol

TrishG 09-03-2011 02:38 PM

This has been very fun to read through and see who you all have picked and the reasons for it!

Thanks to all of you who play along with this challenge.
There is still time for the rest of you to play. I hope to see lots more Queens being crowned this week.

It's been very special to be chosen Queen by many of you, thanks for your encouraging words and making me feel special.

I love doing this challenge and I have MANY other names on my list of Queens-to-be! Thanks to you who play along!

101Airborne 09-03-2011 04:25 PM

My choice for QFTD76 is TrishG - the wonderful lady that leads and selects the queens each week. Trish, you have such a wonderful gallery - and I will be going back to pick up where I stopped today - you have so many beautiful cards!! You really are appreciated for the time you put into the queen challenge. And, thank you for always leaving such kind comments for everyone in the Queen challenge, as well as throughout the gallery! Here is my card.

sleepyinseattle 09-03-2011 06:54 PM

I will be picking Trish as Queen also, hope to get a chance to play tonight or in the morning.
Trish, thanks for all that you do to make this challenge so much fun every week, you are much appreciated!!

Blooms in a Box 09-04-2011 02:15 PM

Wendy/Wanda! I chose you!

~Bridge to Okanagan~ by patsmethers - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

LYMI, really!

heartsong47 09-04-2011 03:35 PM

This is my card for QFTD, Stampin Up! Gallery: Cowboys n' Such by Darline Woloshyn - Page 1 - Cards & More - Splitcoaststampers

I choose Pat Smethers, she has been an inspiration for me from the first day I met her, what a beautiful friend!! I love her cards, all of them are an inspiration to me, so hard to choose 1, but I always like " de man" and I just got the new set "Out West" my last order, so added to the card.thanks Pat for your love and inspiration hugsss!

Ashdale 09-04-2011 05:44 PM

Wow, thanks so much for such a great idea that we can chose our own Queen!! One question tho.... How many can we do before we get into trouble??? LOL!!! For my first card I just HAD to chose Andrea Ewen.... I love her style and she always leaves such lovely comments on my cards! Here is my card for Queen Andrea! Thanks for all the inspiration!

Queen for the Day - Andrea! by Ashdale - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

irishgreensue 09-04-2011 06:13 PM

My QFTD76 is Linda, aka hotwheels!! Linda is always here for the challenges and is thoughtful enough I daresay, to include TWO CARDS every time. What a wonderful and giving spirit she has!! Hope you enjoy being Queen once again, Linda!! You surely have a heart of gold!!

BarbieP 09-04-2011 09:59 PM

I made another card for this week's challenge honoring "Maryrose". She has an amazing gallery, and I just discovered her on a forum called "have you ever thought of packing it in."

Here is my card:

CASING Maryrose by BarbieP - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

TrishG 09-05-2011 06:05 AM

Absolutely NO limit! You won't get into trouble, I promise!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashdale (Post 18694033)
Wow, thanks so much for such a great idea that we can chose our own Queen!! One question tho.... How many can we do before we get into trouble??? LOL!!! For my first card I just HAD to chose Andrea Ewen.... I love her style and she always leaves such lovely comments on my cards! Here is my card for Queen Andrea! Thanks for all the inspiration!

Queen for the Day - Andrea! by Ashdale - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

yo sam 09-05-2011 07:57 AM

I too chose you, TrishG! Thanks for carrying on this challenge! Here's mine made in your honor QFTD76 TrishG by yo sam - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

BarbieP 09-05-2011 11:42 AM

One last one. As I said in my post - could not let the week go buy without honoring TrishG. Your gallery is amazing, and your dedication to have a challenge ready for us each week should not go unnoticed. My card in your honor is:

Enjoy the Journey by BarbieP - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

momof5sons 09-06-2011 11:04 AM

I love this idea Trish! There are so many deserving Queens out there, but I chose to honor two right now (keeping my options open...) that have yet to be QFTD yet.
This Unheralded Queen is for LateBlossom aka Susan Raihala and this Unheralded Royalty is for you, Trish. Big Hugz to both of you!

hotwheels 09-07-2011 08:47 PM

here's my card for QFTD, thanks hotwheels
be still and know that Iam God by hotwheels - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers irishgreensue
and
Fall leaves by hotwheels - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers MelodyGal