Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Queen For the Day Challenge (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/queen-day-challenge-f311/)
-   -   QFTD22 ... and the winner is ... (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/queen-day-challenge-f311/qftd22-winner-t502446.html)

Anne Ryan 08-13-2010 06:31 AM

QFTD22 ... and the winner is ...

:-P HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE!

In order to set the stage, so to speak, let's call upon our famous drummer, Jean, to give us that infamous drum roll,please!

http://images.splitcoaststampers.com..._Anne_Ryan.jpg

We all know what happens when Jean's finished her drum roll, dont we? Okay then, let get this party started like now!

This is the first week I have been on pins and needles while awaiting the infamous 'sealed envelope.' I just didnt know who was going to be our 22nd Queen!. Almost as important, little did I know the San Diego Convention Center's A/C bit the dust last night. Whew, its really hot in here. It's so hot that even the well buffed and manicured Bob Barker has wilted hair and makeup that's quickly changed his once white shirt into ecru. Oh no! Of all the times for this happen, it would be now when the entire country is struggling to get through this horrible heat and humidity.

Out came every floor fans of all sizes. With the soon-to-be-crowned Queen about to receive her honoroary title and crown, the stage was sizzlin' under those hot bright lights w/o A/C. But, never fear: us 42,000 friends can withstand just about anything to bestow praise and honor on our soon-to-be-selected Queen. So, without further ado, please listen carefully as I open the envelope and disclose our newest Queen!

C'MON DOWN, MUDDER! Yes, Cindy, it's really you. I know you've been selected FS way back in the early days, but that was then and this is now, so c'mon down to receive that gorgeous red velvet cloak from Mr. Barker himself. Sssssh everyone. Let's give the mudder time to actually hear the words "I crown you Queen for the Day" spoken by the #1 game show host, Mr. Bob Barker!

Wow, for those of you unable to attend this grand gala of epic proportions, let me just assure you there's never been a sight quite like this before. There are, by all estimations, 42,000 crazy stampers rushing that center stage like no tomorrow. Hip Hip Hooray for Cindy, the fearless and zany creator of the Tuesday Teapot Party.

THE MUDDER GENERALLY HAS A DESTINATION STATION WITH EACH TPT CHALLENGE, SO IN KEEPING WITH THAT FANTASTIC IDEA, I, TOO, HAVE A DISTINATION STATION REQUEST. YOU MAY OR MAY NOT KNOW THIS BUT...I LOVE THE ELDERLY POPULATION. SO, HAVING SAID THAT, I WOULD LIKE TO ASK EVERYONE TO MAKE A CARD AND SEND IT TO SOMEONE YOU KNOW THAT IS AGING, LONELY OR JUST IN NEED OF FEELING LOVED. THIS IS OPTIONAL, OF COURSE, BUT JUST THINK OF THE SWEETNESS YOUR CARD HAS THE POTENTIAL TO BRING INTO SOMEONES' LIFE.

Congratulations, Cindy! Let us honor you for being you, for always coming up with those crazy zany TPT challenges, those ridiculously fun stories and your supportive comments. Advise the photographer to call out for chinese food: Today is all about you! Enjoy.

MOTHERMARK'S GALLERY

QFTD22 GALLERY

Have fun everyone!

Anne Ryan 08-13-2010 06:43 AM

Irene, I've just discovered there's no crown on the stage. Holy Moses, girl, you'd better get yourself working on this situation immediately if not sooner. The show must go on and the Mudder needs here crown asap!

yo sam 08-13-2010 07:29 AM

Whoo Hoo!!! Congratulations Cindy (Mudder). I will be back this evening to TRY and case one of your fantastic creations! Congratulations again to the one who makes my Tuesdays FANTASTIC!

hobbydujour 08-13-2010 07:51 AM

Fun choice, Anne and bound to be VERY popular. I don't participate in the "Teapot Challenges" so I really have not looked at Cindy's gallery before...great teapots and wonderful cards. It will be fun to see all the cards that are created.

TEA PARTY TUESDAY

lazylizard 08-13-2010 08:23 AM

WOOHOO!!! Cindy gives me a smile anytime I see her creations on this site. Love her wit and adorable humor and her stories are just priceless. I can hardly wait to spend some time browsing her fabulous gallery. I'll be back later.

snail 08-13-2010 08:34 AM

congratulations cindy! like sallie, i've seen the images pop up in the gallery, but i've not participated in the teapot challenges, although i sometimes enjoy reading such imaginative tales of those that do. off to visit your gallery.

DandI93 08-13-2010 09:21 AM

Well this is going to be harder than I thought, how can I case such fabulous creations as the Mudder, It may have to wait until this weekend so I can give it more time to do her justice... I hate being late but I don't want to become one of the Queen's jesters either. lol. I'm going to my first Stampin up party tonight and lots to do, But I promise I will be back to honor our Queen.. Oh BTW, the crown is in the hands of the RPS (Royal Postal Service). Congrats Cindy aka Mothermark for joining the ranks of Queen, Enjoy your time and it will be an honor to case one of your cards, Hugs Irene

LilLuvsStampin 08-13-2010 09:24 AM

As da Mudder has been known to say on occasion: "Snort!" Oh, what a big-hearted, creative genius goofball you've selected for us this week Annie-Jo! Great choice and should be so much fun seeing what everyone comes up with out of her very unique and talented gallery!

Congratulations, Cindy!!!

Mothermark 08-13-2010 10:06 AM

Oh my goodness! Does this mean I can legally say......

OFF WITH HIS HEAD!!

I have always wanted to say that...snort! Actually the softer side of the Queen would be good too........Does anyone know what the softer side is???? Maybe I am obsessed with the Madd Hatter, The Tea Party and The White Rabbit!

No way! I am being honored today? Yikes! I am embarrassed! All that my gallery holds at this time is teapot cards! One after another after another! So go way back and you will find some *normal* cards somewhere.......cards I made during my *normal* period!

Thank you Anne....Bob Barker sent me a text and asked me not to wear polka dots to the ceremony because he gets easily sea-sick and he quite likely might fall off the stage. I thought I was old! Speaking of old, how nice to send a card to an aging person......no comments from the peanut gallery......or the teapotters!

Hugs to you all! I am honored and tickled polka dotted! Can't wait to see the wonderful cards you all make in honor of one of mine! I so appreciate the warm fuzzies! Thank you Anne.....blushing here!!!

allee's 08-13-2010 10:38 AM

Congratulations, Cindy, on your week in the spotlight as Queen for the Day.

I love all the whimsical masterpieces in your amazing gallery. I CAN'T DO THAT!!

After crying and whining for 30 minutes, I finally chose to case Teapot Tuesday #25.

Here is my version:

Season's Greetings

BobbiesGirl 08-13-2010 10:40 AM

What an honorable and zany choice. Congratulations, Cindy. And what a nice thought to send the card to a sexy senior citizen. Well...we are.

Broom 08-13-2010 10:41 AM

Whoo Hoo! Hail to the Queen Mudder! What a fun gallery to choose from... can't wait to see all the fun creations in Cindy's honor!

marilynprestonn 08-13-2010 10:45 AM

Congrats to the MUDDAH!!!! Well, it's our little stinker's day now! I am simply overjoyed, gee, if someone deserves the honor everyone will agree it's you Cindy. Now, sit back and relax, and enjoy the show just for you. I have found what is closest to the Wild wild west man I could find in smiley's version.

You are Queen to alot of us my dear. You stand up for every cause and I just love tha in you girly! Have fun today! I'm going for a ride in your gallery now...see ya later!

Love ya you sweet stinker!

Peggyxooxooxooxooxooxoo

http://www.pic4ever.com/images/2gwb921.gif

stampingwriter 08-13-2010 10:56 AM

Great choice Anne. I've never met Cindy in person, but I envision her as this high-energy- high-enthusiasm bundle of fun, dressed in polka dots, who is forever laughing at everything she says and just about everything everyone else says. The world would be a better place if all queens were like that.
Congratulations Cindy. Hope to cruise your gallery and do a case later this weekend.

Benzi 08-13-2010 11:31 AM

Way to go, Anne! Super choice for the crown! I chose something easy. :)

F4A25, QFTD22, Sympathy with Cross by Benzi - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

MelodyGal 08-13-2010 11:40 AM

Wow! Congratulations to our extraordinarily talented Queen Cindy. Toooo bad I broke my right arm and can't participate in this challenge. (Not true--but I don't think I can make any of Mothermark's masterpieces!!! So I'm sticking to that excuse.) I'll take a look when I get home from work. Maybe in 1982, she made something simple that I am capable of CASEing. Enjoy your reign. And, Anne, I love your Destination Station request.

Ksnurse 08-13-2010 11:42 AM

Way to go Annie Jo.....Ya spun the wheel real good this week.....and I heartily approve...who better to be queen than one who gives all a chance to laugh at ourselves and life once a week....although now you're gonna make us work for it this week....YIKES!!! Girl did you peruse her gallery before the wheel stopped?...no, you must not have....or you woulda be runnin skeered to try to case anything there....But hey, I'm up to the task.....(she sais, before officially looking for a card).... off to fortify myself with a polky dotted cookie (oatmeal raisen) or 3....

snail 08-13-2010 12:20 PM

here's my card.

whim6915 08-13-2010 12:20 PM

Annie Bananie, you are rockin' with your wheel spinning! You really want me to have to WORK - Cindy's gallery is full of gorgeousness and yummo cards - YIKES!!! I have to think about this one! You have chosen wisely - this young lady brings laughter and lots of polka dots to our world - makes it a 'funner' place! Okay, so I am hoping that one of her first cards is easy enough for me to attempt but I dunno, never have seen third grade level work from her! Hugs to Cindy!

ctorina 08-13-2010 12:36 PM

Yippie! Congrats Cindy on being the queen! I will be out of town this weekend, I promise I will play along when I get back....I always wanted to case one of your fabulous cards!

schirmcat 08-13-2010 12:59 PM

YAY Cindy! I am going to have to dust off my stamping supplies just for you...they have been sadly neglected lately, booo hooo! I have a blister on my finger from laying wire for 1 acre square of Invisible Fence line http://www.pic4ever.com/images/178.gif...but I will push through the pain for our dear Mothermark!

Mutnik 08-13-2010 01:01 PM

Oh my, I know sooooo many "Old" people that would love a card. What to do, what to do! hehe Congrats Mudder! You da Queen! Whoo Hoo! Gonna be a fun weekend! Great choice Annie Jo! Off to the gallery. :0)

marilynprestonn 08-13-2010 01:05 PM

Congrats Cindy!

You know I love you to pieces Cindy! I just had to make one last card today in your honor!

Mine are lions, I'm sure

3D Effect

Enjoy, you deserve a break, have the photographer make supper or call for take out, or even take you out to dinner!!!

Yours truly, STINKER EXTRAORDINAIRE :)

Mothermark 08-13-2010 01:21 PM

You guys are killing me with kindness and what a way to kick the bucket! Snort! On a serious note......thank you for all for the kind words......I sorta forget my gallery goes back so far......makes me feel old.....okay, push that thought right outa my mind! Hugs to you all and thanks again!

pam124 08-13-2010 02:40 PM

Wow, Anne, what a GREAT CHOICE. I'm getting my polka dots ready. Congrats Cindy. You certainly deserved to be "crowned" today and I mean that in a nice way of course!! LOL

KopyKat 08-13-2010 03:17 PM

Cindy, congrat's on your Queenship this week. Any new laws? How about "you can be late to the party, just make sure you show up". lol. My card will be late, but I love your cards and gallery and cannot wait to get started.

smadson 08-13-2010 04:57 PM

Congratulations Cindy! I read your Teapot story every week, but have never done the challenge yet! You make phenomenal cards, and I love all those teapots!
Anne, what a great choice! I cased TEAPOT TUESDAY #84. Not only am I honoring Cindy, but an older friend of mine. As I will send it to her, as she is needing it right now, but she is many miles away! We have fellowshipped over many cups of tea! Here it is.

Thank you
Sharon

Gale R 08-13-2010 06:52 PM

Wooo Hooo!

Congrats Cindy! I am pleased as punch that you received this auspicious honor. No Mudder I didn't say suspicious . . . (giggle). I created my CARD HERE based on one from wayyyyyyyyyy back in the early days before the tea parties all started. I hope you enjoy your time as queen Cindy - you deserve it!

yo sam 08-13-2010 07:42 PM

Here mine in your honor! QFTD22 Congratulations Mothermark! by yo sam - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

HamiltonGal 08-13-2010 08:03 PM

Finally able to play in the QFTD challenge again - many, many to go back and catch up on, but I'll start with today's queen and gradually get the backlog cleaned up :oops: !!

Great choice Anne -- here's my card/tag to honour Cindy!

etsdas 08-14-2010 03:53 AM

We got home LATE last night to find that I am late for a very important date...
I will not have time to join this Queen's party until this afternoon, but I had to add my congratulations, best wishes, and more for this most deserving queen. It will probably take me half a day to even look at her gallery and check out the cards I have missed along the way, and probably revisit some I have seen.
CONGRATULATIONS, QUEEN CINDY!

In the meantime - most of you have seen this already - here are the hearts I dedicated to da mudder at this week's tea pot party!
MMTPT106 For the Elm Creek Eagles. by etsdas - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

etsdas 08-14-2010 02:59 PM

I have my card ready - though it is not much of a case, but I did use one of Cindy's cards for inspiration. It is so incredibly difficult to actually case her creative cards.
QFTD22 Portrait of Cindy - NOT by etsdas - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

MelodyGal 08-14-2010 05:31 PM

Congrats again, Cindy. Here's my weak attempt to copy a master: QFTD22, F4A25, IC245~Thinking of You, Queen Mudder~ by MelodyGal - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

pam124 08-14-2010 05:42 PM

Congrats Cindy. How fun is this for you to wear the crown: Here's my teapot/polka dot card:

QFTD22, Teapot & Polka Dots for Mothermark by pam124 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

foxy67 08-14-2010 08:34 PM

Hey Cindy...CONGRATULATIONS!!!..hey what an honor hey!! To be picked from a lady whom admits she comes from the older generation...Picking you was she trying to say something!! hehehe
Ladies watch out for all the dotts too!!!...But we do have a choice to pick from..129 pages..yikes!!!

All kidding aside Cindy & Anne....Anne you picked a good one this week too. She has a lot of beautiful cards. But like Cindy says *you have to go way back* (another age thing) to find a *normal card*
This is so much fun..hehehe

cmsuto 08-15-2010 10:41 AM

Woo-hoo! Huge Congrats, Cindy! You are a most-deserving Queen! So happy to see you with the crown! Here is my feeble attempt to CASE one of your gorgeous cards: QFTD22 CASEing Queen Cindy by cmsuto - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
I am sorry to be late! Enjoy your reign!

hotwheels 08-15-2010 12:20 PM

Here the QFTD cards thanks hotwheels
rose by hotwheels - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
cherish by hotwheels - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

BobbiesGirl 08-15-2010 01:08 PM

Congratulations to Mothermark. Here's my card.

Mothermark 08-15-2010 03:08 PM

Just poppin in to say, one more time, thank you all for playing and for the kind words. Thank you Anne.....I appreciate the extra attention! Giggle...gives me warm fuzzies!

Ksnurse 08-15-2010 05:17 PM

Leo finally got his group here so I could get a picture...not a great one as they are speeding on through the night but you can see how excited they all are about Cindy being Queen....

QFTD22, All Aboard.... by Ksnurse - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers I'll be back in morning to comment on y'all's great cards....gotta go for now....

disclaimer: I'm not sending this to an elderly person....who would possibly get it?