Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Queen For the Day Challenge (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/queen-day-challenge-f311/)
-   -   QFTD180.... Our new Queen is.... CherylQuilts (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/queen-day-challenge-f311/qftd180-our-new-queen-cherylquilts-t578013.html)

TrishG 09-05-2013 05:41 PM

QFTD180.... Our new Queen is.... CherylQuilts

Do some of you have time for any other hobby other than card-making?! Well, Cheryl does! She Quilts! Oh how I love and admire quilts and would like to make them, but I don't have time or money for another hobby. Let's honour Queen Cheryl as we snuggle up and take a look into her creative gallery!

Some ideas on how you might encourage and honour our fabulous Queen this week: Send her a Private Message, comment on the lovely cards in her gallery, post a message for her here on this thread, pick a card from her gallery to be inspired by and create a card for her. There are really “no rules”. You can play along with this challenge anytime. There is no deadline. Even if you don't know this week's Queen, come play along anyway. It's a great way to "get to know" each other!

Take a stroll through Cheryl's wonderful gallery and admire her creativity.

I have asked Queen #71 Carol (Gingerbeary8) to be guest designer this week.

Guest Designer - Queen Carol's sample -
--{ QFTD180 gallery }--

EVERYONE is welcome to join in this challenge and give Cheryl the Royal Treatment she deserves!

You can check out THIS THREAD if you need more information. If you have any other questions, please let me know. Queens are chosen for their participation on SCS in the challenges and also for commenting on other people's creations and/or other involvement here on Splitcoast.

Charminglycreative 09-05-2013 05:49 PM

Wow, will congratulations to Cheryl and all her amazing talents.

Regards diane

scrapgranny 09-05-2013 06:30 PM

Wow! Cheryl's cards look absolutely beautiful! Hoping to CASE one or more if I can tolerate my 2nd floor Craft Cave that is not air-conditioned! HOT in CA!

nancy littrell 09-05-2013 07:00 PM

Stunning gallery Cheryl :-) I already know which beauty I hope to CASE. Thanks Trish for another awesome Queen!

PaperPunchScissors 09-05-2013 08:57 PM

Congratulations Cheryl!

Congratulations, Cheryl! This honor couldn't be bestowed on a more lovely person - inside and out. I'm so glad that I've had the chance to meet you on SCS and that we've become friends. Cheryl, it will be my pleasure to create a card for you. May your reign bring delight, encouragement, and friendships that will last into eternity. Thank you Trish for choosing this lovely queen.

octoberbabe 09-05-2013 09:00 PM

Here are my cards........yes, cards........because I could not decide which color to use to case this wonderful card of Cheryl's. So here are my cards :)
QFTD180 Daffodil Rose Bloom Pools by octoberbabe - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

bensarmom 09-06-2013 12:02 AM

I had a very hard time narrowing my choice to one card. Here's my CASE and here's Cheryl's original.

wendy2512 09-06-2013 02:07 AM

Deep Jade for Steph

I am not sure if all the info came out right. but here...http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...&ppuser=275789 is my card. Might have to come back in am to fix Dont think it worked all right.

glowbug 09-06-2013 02:36 AM

Congrats on being crowned queen Cheryl!! You are so deserving and I love your work!! I am off to a wedding this weekend but I will be casing you when I get back!!

CherylQuilts 09-06-2013 06:25 AM

WOW! I am shocked and surprised...and truly honored! Chris Olsen just let me know, and I am off to the doctor's office. But I'll be back. Thank you SO much for this honor! I had wanted to start participating in this challenge and now you've honored me already. How blessed I am! You are all so sweet and kind, and I thank you! Wow! Can't wait to see what amazing CASEs you'll do...so many talented gals at SCS! Hugs!!

jdmommy 09-06-2013 06:58 AM

Here's mine:

Casing Cheryl by jdmommy - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Clownmom 09-06-2013 07:24 AM

Congratulations to Queen Cheryl. Here's my card in her honor:

Framed Safe Harbor

allee's 09-06-2013 07:28 AM

Congratulations, Cheryl! Here is my card inspired by this beautiful creation from your gallery!

scrappigramma2 09-06-2013 07:42 AM

Congratulations Cheryl!!! I just LOVE your beautiful work! I didn't think I'd have time before the kids got here and we leave for vacation, but I was able to slip in one quick one for you my sweet and deserving friend!!!

HERE is my card

Isaiah40:31 09-06-2013 08:57 AM

Since Cheryl is one of the few SCSers that I've actually met in person - and since she is every bit as sweet as her gallery is beautiful - this may be just the incentive that I need to get me back into my "Rubber Room" to create something after several months of just wishing that I could! I'm finally going to be home for more than three or four days in a row for the first time since early May so I can hardly wait to make time to play with my "toys"! What better way to start than the QFTD challenge. Congratulations Cheryl! Hugs!

Benzi 09-06-2013 09:44 AM

Wow! What a beautiful gallery to choose from. Congrats, Cheryl.

Christmas Roses for the Queen by Benzi - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

LilLuvsStampin 09-06-2013 11:07 AM

Thanks, Trish, for another terrific choice in Queen. Cheryl's gallery is awesome! Here's my Mimi's Christmas in her honor.

DawnL 09-06-2013 11:27 AM

Woohoo!!! Congrats, Cheryl!!! An awesome stamper!!!

pam124 09-06-2013 11:43 AM

Oh, Cheryl, I've been a big fan of yours as you know. I hope I can get to a card. If not, you know I love ya and enjoy your crown!

Stamperrobin 09-06-2013 03:10 PM

For Queen Cheryl
Queen Cheryl by Stamperrobin - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers :D
Her inspiration card:
ODBDSLC162 Two Shall Be One by CherylQuilts - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

cjzim 09-06-2013 03:17 PM

Congratulations, Cheryl! I just browsed your gallery and it is gorgeous - I love so many of the images you use and your coloring - enjoy your reign!

scootsv 09-06-2013 08:06 PM

Here is my card to honor Cheryl. Congratulations! tfl

hskelly 09-06-2013 09:41 PM

Cheryl you have a beautiful gallery!! Here is my Best Year Yet !

saintsrule 09-07-2013 06:42 AM

Congrats to our new Queen Cheryl!!!!

TrishG 09-07-2013 10:11 AM

Got my card done for Queen Cheryl...
Christmas -Queen180 by TrishG - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

AudreyAnn 09-07-2013 10:48 AM

Congratulations Cheryl - what a wonderful honor my friend!! Enjoy every moment - I hope to have time this afternoon to stamp :)!!!!

hskelly 09-07-2013 02:31 PM

I had to make another card - same card with different colors! Here is my Blossoms and Butterfly card .

CherylQuilts 09-07-2013 02:51 PM

Oh, Harriet, you've really outdone yourself on the second card! Amazing! I LOVE it!

RDey 09-07-2013 02:57 PM

Thanks for the inspiration, Cheryl!

Here's mine:QFTD180 Paul & Jena's anniversary 2013 by RDey - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers.

CherylQuilts 09-07-2013 05:04 PM

Totally love how you've used the palm tree each year remembering their sunset wedding, RDey! Fabulous!

AnniePanda 09-08-2013 03:12 PM

Beautiful work Cheryl, I love how colorful your cards are. So well done too. Congrats and enjoy your reign.

yo sam 09-08-2013 08:32 PM

Congratulations, Cheryl! Here's mine made in your honor Congrats Cheryl by yo sam - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

bigfootbecky 09-13-2013 03:47 PM

Congratulations, Cheryl! I have to admit that I don't often come across your cards when going through the different gallery challenges. It was a wonderful treat to see all your beautiful creations.

Here' my card: QFTD180 Give thanks by bigfootbecky - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

bon2stamp 09-14-2013 08:01 AM

QFTD180

I'm sorry this is so late. The time got away from me, but I didn't want to miss honoring Queen Cheryl. I'm a big fan of Cheryl's and love her style. I hope you've enjoyed your week of love, Cheryl.

Autumn Blessing for Queen Cheryl

Thanks so much for the inspiration, Cheryl, and for the challenge, Trish!

CherylQuilts 09-14-2013 12:23 PM

It's never too late, and it's been a REAL JOY this week! Thanks to all, and I'll keep checking back. Big hugs to you all! I am so blessed! Cheryl

pam124 09-16-2013 12:57 PM

Cheryl, I'm late b/c of uploading problems, but I was finally able to honor you. Here's my card:

QFTD180, Congrats Cheryl by pam124 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

I know you're not Queen any more, but you'll always be royalty on SCS. Hugs!

CherylQuilts 09-16-2013 07:22 PM

Oh, Miss Pam, as I've said, it's NEVER too late! We are all special in God's eyes, and you are so precious to honor me! Big hugs to you! I LOVE your card and am so blessed by you!!

PaperPunchScissors 10-23-2013 04:50 PM

Congratulations Cheryl!

1 Attachment(s)
Dear Cheryl, I'm so late with your card that I'm embarrassed. But, I wanted to honor you dear friend. We have several friends who will be celebrating their 50th Wedding Anniversary soon. I knew early on which card I would CASE (I love the sentiment). You've got a beautiful gallery of cards, just beautiful! Here's my card:

QFTD180 - Queen Cheryl by PaperPunchScissors - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

((Big Hugs))

CherylQuilts 10-26-2013 06:37 AM

Oh, Susie, this is absolutely gorgeous! You are so precious to keep me on your "to do" list! You are on mine too! Love you lots!

angelladcrockett 02-03-2014 03:40 AM

Hi, Cheryl! Though I am months late to your party, I did not want to miss the opportunity to help you celebrate!!!

God's Blessings To You