Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Queen For the Day Challenge (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/queen-day-challenge-f311/)
-   -   QFTD153... our new Queen is... ckbythesea (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/queen-day-challenge-f311/qftd153-our-new-queen-ckbythesea-t569212.html)

TrishG 02-21-2013 03:00 PM

QFTD153... our new Queen is... ckbythesea

Can you say this fast... She sells seashells by the sea shore. How many of you would like a vacation? How about relaxing by the sea? Let's all join Queen Carole, then we can all be by the sea! Have fun with me crowning Carole this week (ckbythesea).

Some ideas on how you might encourage and honour our fabulous Queen this week: Send her a Private Message, comment on the lovely cards in her gallery, post a message for her here on this thread, pick a card from her gallery to be inspired by and create a card for her. There are really “no rules”. You can play along with this challenge anytime. There is no deadline. Even if you don't know this week's Queen, come play along anyway. It's a great way to "get to know" each other!

Take a stroll through Carole's wonderful gallery and admire her creativity.

This week I have asked Queen #118 (stampin'nana) Roberta to be guest designer.

Guest Designer - Queen Roberta's sample -
--{ QFTD153 gallery }--

EVERYONE is welcome to join in this challenge and give Carole the Royal Treatment she deserves!

You can check out THIS THREAD if you need more information. If you have any other questions, please let me know. Queens are chosen for their participation on SCS in the challenges and also for commenting on other people's creations and/or other involvement here on Splitcoast.

TrishG 02-21-2013 03:02 PM

Sorry, once again I am not prepared with a sample.
So sorry Carole, I will make sure I get one done.

tessaduck 02-21-2013 03:13 PM

Awesome choice! Another Oregonian, a former vsn hostess, fabulous crafter. Oooo- This is going to be GOOD!

dawnmercedes 02-21-2013 03:20 PM

Congrats!! I'm off to check out your gallery and style!

bon2stamp 02-21-2013 03:29 PM

Oh, I already see the one I want to CASE! Congratulations Queen Carole! Enjoy your reign!

hobbydujour 02-21-2013 03:33 PM

Lovely choice, Trish. Carole creates beautiful cards and has a marvelous gallery to prove it. She also takes the time to leave kind and encouraging comments for others.

A BIG CONGRATS, Carole. Have a wonderful week in the spotlight.(I think your user name sounds SO romantic).

BIRTHDAY BREW

sue28 02-21-2013 05:03 PM

Congratulations, Carole, I will make a card in your honour shortly - enjoy your week as Queen :)

stampin'nana 02-21-2013 05:12 PM

Congratulations to you Queen Carole! You have a marvelous gallery full of wonderful inspiration! I felt so honored when Trish asked me to be Guest Designer this week for you. Enjoy your royal reign!

One4Joy 02-21-2013 07:01 PM

oh so happy to see my neighbor...well close enough, is our Queen this week! Can't wait to peruse your gallery and find just the perfect card, Carole!!!

TrishG 02-21-2013 07:09 PM

I had a chance to make a card tonight. Here's mine for Queen Carole...

Rainbow embossing QFTD153 by TrishG - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

cullenwr 02-21-2013 09:01 PM

Congrats, Carole, on your royal status! I'll be checking out your gallery after I get some shut-eye!

n5stamper 02-22-2013 04:26 AM

Here is my SILLY COWBOY.

jdmommy 02-22-2013 05:08 AM

Here's mine:

All Pooped Out!

angelladcrockett 02-22-2013 05:48 AM

Woo hoo! Big congrats, Carole!!!! I really enjoyed cruising through your gallery......you have some amazing art in there!!! Enjoy your special week!!

Chalkboard Birthday

cjzim 02-22-2013 07:33 AM

Congratulations, Carole! Going to go take a stroll through your gallery : ) Enjoy your special week!

octoberbabe 02-22-2013 09:45 AM

Congratulations Carole on being this week's Queen!! I was hoping to get a card made in your honor this morning, but kept getting interrupted, and now I am off to a scrapbook crop for the weekend with my DD's!! So when I get back I will check out your gallery and get a card made. Congrats again!!

Mary

Benzi 02-22-2013 10:07 AM

A wonderful gallery to find a card to case:

QFTD153-ckbythesea by Benzi - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

yo sam 02-22-2013 02:50 PM

Congratulations, Carole! Here's mine made in your honor QFTD153 Congrats to Carole by yo sam - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

AnniePanda 02-22-2013 04:45 PM

Here's one card - I think I may have to make more, I love Carol's gallery!
Burgandy Medallion for Carol by AnniePanda - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

AnniePanda 02-22-2013 06:28 PM

I've had time for another card tonight! I must say, I have been very inspired by Carol's cards.
Delight for Queen Carol by AnniePanda - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Ksnurse 02-22-2013 06:55 PM

Great choice...love her gallery...so much beauty...this is the one I made in her honor

MIX4, QFTD153, wild sky hello by Ksnurse - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

sue28 02-23-2013 01:56 AM

QFTD153

Trish, here is my card for Carole -

MIX4 QFTD153 Watercolour Wash For Carole by sue28 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

BarbieP 02-23-2013 07:54 AM

Carole, congratulations on being crowned our Queen this week. Such a wonderful gallery :) Enjoy your reign and wear your crown proudly. Here is my card in your honor:

A Note For You by BarbieP - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

tessaduck 02-23-2013 08:13 AM

I was SO jazzed when I saw that Carole's our Queen this week! Amazing gallery-- Here's my CASE:

QFTD153 for Queen Carole by tessaduck - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Enjoy, my friend!

Reddyisco 02-23-2013 04:09 PM

Another great choice, Trish. Here's my card.

Clownmom 02-25-2013 07:54 AM

I'm a couple of days late with my card this week -- not because I wanted to skip this challenge, but because I was having a little problem with my mojo! Carole's gallery is wonderful, and I picked out a card to CASE right away. But, as so often happens to all of us at one time or another, things just wouldn't go together well. But after a couple of false starts, I was finally happy with a card worthy of our Queen.

Amish Farm

mamaxsix 02-25-2013 08:38 AM

I'm late to the party too, but didn't want to miss out on honoring Carole. What a great gallery! Here's my CASEd Circles for Queen Carole

jasonw1 02-25-2013 04:24 PM

Congratulations Carole!!

Here is my contribution:

Chesapeake Anniversary by jasonw1 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

artystamper 02-26-2013 02:49 PM

Big congrats to you Carole! Finally got a chance to play - here's my sympathy card based on your CajunSky: CC415 Sympathy Muse QFTD153 by artystamper - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

BobbiesGirl 02-26-2013 06:10 PM

Here is my card to honor Carole aka ckbythesea.

bon2stamp 02-28-2013 05:16 AM

QFTD153

Sorry to be so late for your reign, Carole. I hope you have enjoyed your week and felt as special as you are!

For Queen Carole

Thanks.

ckbythesea 03-25-2013 05:51 PM

Dear Stamping Friends,

I only today found out I had been so honored as to be your queen for the day, now many days ago! Aack, a month! :shock: I happened to be out of town on a business trip and didn't even catch wind of it . . . maybe it was those strong coastal breezes . . . But I am truly humbled and will be reveling in all the honors you bestowed upon me, albeit belatedly! :D :D :D Thank you all!

TrishG 03-28-2013 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckbythesea (Post 20079890)
Dear Stamping Friends,

I only today found out I had been so honored as to be your queen for the day, now many days ago! Aack, a month! :shock: I happened to be out of town on a business trip and didn't even catch wind of it . . . maybe it was those strong coastal breezes . . . But I am truly humbled and will be reveling in all the honors you bestowed upon me, albeit belatedly! :D :D :D Thank you all!

Sorry Carole.

I thought I had PM you when it happened. Maybe I accidentally forgot.
I'm glad I tried again!
Hope it's a special time for you anyway, even though you found out late.

susanbri 04-05-2013 08:23 AM

A very belated congratulations, Carole! I've had your card I decided to CASE in my favourites ever since you were crowned, and today it gave me the inspiration I needed to make this card:

It's Twins!!