Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Queen For the Day Challenge (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/queen-day-challenge-f311/)
-   -   QFTD147... Our new Queen is... mother's daughter (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/queen-day-challenge-f311/qftd147-our-new-queen-mothers-daughter-t567089.html)

TrishG 01-10-2013 03:43 PM

QFTD147... Our new Queen is... mother's daughter

Like Mother, like daughter – so they say. Well I must say I like my mom (love her, in fact). And in many ways I am like her. I also find that my daughter is like me in many ways. “mother's daughter” is our Queen this week, so let's all celebrate Jennifer and make her feel special.

Some ideas on how you might encourage and honour our fabulous Queen this week: Send her a Private Message, comment on the lovely cards in her gallery, post a message for her here on this thread, pick a card from her gallery to be inspired by and create a card for her. There are really “no rules”. You can play along with this challenge anytime. There is no deadline. Even if you don't know this week's Queen, come play along anyway. It's a great way to "get to know" each other!

Take a stroll through Jennifer's wonderful gallery and admire her creativity.

I want to announce that I'm trying something new for 2013 and I have some guest designers worked out to help celebrate the Queen's this year.
This week I have asked Queen #18 (hobbydujour) Sallie to be my Guest Designer.

Guest Designer - Queen Sallie's sample -
--{ QFTD147 gallery }--

EVERYONE is welcome to join in this challenge and give Jennifer the Royal Treatment she deserves!

You can check out THIS THREAD if you need more information. If you have any other questions, please let me know. Queens are chosen for their participation on SCS in the challenges and also for commenting on other people's creations and/or other involvement here on Splitcoast.

TrishG 01-10-2013 03:48 PM

Remember: I'm going to be posting this challenge later now that I have a full-time job.

I haven't yet made a card for Jennifer. I'll try to get to that this evening.

Hope you all have a great week. Thanks so much for your participation!!

irishgreensue 01-10-2013 04:00 PM

Congrats to Jennifer - you are such a sweet stamper and I always look forward to seeing your work in the gallery and hearing from you!

Will be getting to a card shortly and will post ASAP!!

cjzim 01-10-2013 05:01 PM

Congratulations, Jennifer - what a beautiful gallery you have (just took a quick peek). I hope to be back in a few days to look more and make a card inspired by your gallery!

Mrs Noofy 01-10-2013 05:13 PM

How wonderful Jennifer. This is a well deserved honour and I hope you enjoy every single minute of your reign. I will be back soon with my offering. Congratulations!

Clownmom 01-10-2013 05:17 PM

Congratulations, Jennifer! You have a marvelous gallery, and I'm sure I will be CASEing more than one card this week. Here's my first one --

Anniversary Roses

nancy littrell 01-10-2013 06:00 PM

Congratulations Jennifer. Your gallery is just filled with creative and gorgeous cards. I think I have one picked out to CASE, but will have to wait a couple of days. I have a SU party tomorrow.

How fun Trish to chose your DD Jennifer as our new Queen :-) She is certainly deserving.

pegmac71 01-10-2013 06:02 PM

Congratulations Jennifer! What a super gallery you have!! Enjoy your day/week!

TrishG 01-10-2013 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nancy littrell (Post 19935366)
Congratulations Jennifer.

How fun Trish to chose your DD Jennifer as our new Queen :-) She is certainly deserving.

Actually, I'm not related to Jennifer.

pvilbaum 01-10-2013 07:12 PM

Congratulations Jennifer on your Queendom! You have a great gallery. I love your embroidery cards! There are some really cool patterns on those. I tried my hand at the nail and string art many years ago. I may have to try making one of your cards.
Have a day fit for a Queen!

stamp300 01-10-2013 08:23 PM

QFTD147 Merry by stamp300 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Here's my card. Congratulations Jennifer, enjoy your reign.

hobbydujour 01-10-2013 08:44 PM

Thanks again, Trish, for asking me to be your first "guest designer". Designing something for Jennifer was fun since I admire her work and her kind and caring spirit.

Jennifer, your work is outstanding and the time you take to leave sweet and encouraging comments for others is appreciated. (me included) Enjoy your week and gallery to the fullest. Hugs, Sallie

FAUX JENNIFER

mother's daughter 01-11-2013 04:52 AM

Hello everyone. I don't know what to say, this is something that is totally unexpected or thought of. I am honored, that's for sure!
I look forward to seeing what this gallery holds.

Thank you so very much!

jdmommy 01-11-2013 05:43 AM

Congratulations again, Jennifer! Here's mine:

Jennifer's Butterfly Tree

peeps321 01-11-2013 05:55 AM

Lovely gallery Jennifer! Congrats!!

Especially for Jennifer

jdmommy 01-11-2013 06:14 AM

Here's another:

With Gratitude for Jennifer

bfinlay 01-11-2013 06:19 AM

What a pleasure to congratulate you, Jennifer, and to peruse your fantastic gallery!!! Here's my card to honour you: Houndstooth and Roses

Crafty Julia 01-11-2013 06:35 AM

QFTD147 Hooray 4U

Jennifer- congrats on being Queen this week! I was inspired by your Red, white and blue card- I used SU's Wee Wishes for my mouse image, and added some hearts, ribbons, and 3 large buttons. Here's Hooray 4U

allee's 01-11-2013 06:36 AM

Congratulations, Jennifer!! Sure wish I could stitch like you!! What beautiful creations!

Here is my card inspired by your gorgeous work:

There's a Song in My Heart

Mrs Noofy 01-11-2013 06:52 AM

Congratulations Jennifer...enjoy your reign. The choice was a hard one to make..so many lovely creations. But finally I decided and here is my effort.

QFTD147 To Honour Jennifer by Mrs Noofy - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Have a rainbow day
Sue

n5stamper 01-11-2013 07:39 AM

BIG CONGRATS Jennifer, enjoy your reigning glory.

Clownmom 01-11-2013 07:59 AM

I knew I would be back with another card in honor of Queen Jennifer. Here it is --

Amaryllis and Ivy

yellowrose46 01-11-2013 09:19 AM

Oh my goodness! Jennifer, you soooo deserve this honour! I have been perusing your gallery and have so many cards marked for CASEing!

vikkijo 01-11-2013 09:41 AM

What a great gallery to wander through!

Here's mine Foiled by vikkijo - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

that I CASE'd from Butterfly Dreams by mother's daughter - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Ksnurse 01-11-2013 11:35 AM

Yay Queen Jennifer...you so deserve this honor...love your cards and your sweet comments...enjoy your reign

QFTD147, Southern Belle greetings by Ksnurse - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

sue28 01-11-2013 02:01 PM

QFTD147

Wonderful choice for Queen this week, Jennifer's embroidered cards are fabulous! My card -

MMTPT232, QFTD147 Basket of Flowers by sue28 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Luv Flowers 01-11-2013 05:23 PM

Congratulations Jennifer!! I hope you enjoy your reign. Here is my card, QFTD147, Mother's Daughter - Jennifer by Luv Flowers - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

yellowrose46 01-11-2013 06:09 PM

I had a wonderful time looking at your gallery Jennifer! You already commented on my cards before I had a chance to add the links to your cards. Here are the three cards I made.Light as Air by yellowrose46 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Flight of White by yellowrose46 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
QFTD147 -Rainbow Butterfly by yellowrose46 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

gabalot 01-11-2013 06:54 PM

Congrats to the sweet, kind and FAB Queen Jennifer! Here are two inspired cards:

MMTPT232 THINKING OF EWE for SHERRY by gabalot - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

QFTD147 VALENTINE HEART by gabalot - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Thanks for looking! :)

TrishG 01-12-2013 11:25 AM

FINALLY got a chance to make my card for Queen Jennifer!! Hope you are enjoying your reign!

Top Note Framelits Secret Garden by TrishG - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Reddyisco 01-12-2013 11:56 AM

Another great choice, Trish......here's mine.

darbaby 01-12-2013 01:50 PM

Jennifer, I can't believe I haven't visited your gallery before. I love embroidery on paper and fabric but have not been able to do any for a very long time. Although I did do some embroidered tree cards this past Christmas. Anyways, I could spend hours in your gallery commenting on every card, but for now let me say Congratulations on your reign as Queen and tell you that your work is stunning.

AudreyAnn 01-12-2013 02:10 PM

Trish - you've made another perfect choice this week!! Jennifer - I loved visiting your beautiful Gallery and I wish you an amazing week of Royalty!!

Here's my card: { Remembering You in my Prayers }

Hugs and Blessings to everyone!
Audrey

BobbiesGirl 01-12-2013 07:00 PM

Congratulations to Queen Jennifer aka mothers daughter. I love the variety in your gallery. Here's my card to honor you. Enjoy your time in the limelight.

LilLuvsStampin 01-13-2013 01:28 PM

Here's my Butterfly Stereogram in honor of Jennifer!

angelladcrockett 01-14-2013 05:57 AM

Congrats, Jennifer! Your work is amazing! I really loved all of the cool techniques, especially the embroidery.....wow!!!!! Thanks for the inspiration! Enjoy your special week!!!

You Are Blessed

momof5sons 01-24-2013 03:40 PM

Late through the gate, I did need to honor Jennifer...here is my I Hope You Know card.

tessaduck 12-28-2013 10:04 AM

For the end-of-the-year Queen thread:

F4A201 bottom of my heart by tessaduck - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers