||12-01-2011 09:56 AM
December 2011 Project of the Month
) is all about fun and cute and clever. And her Snowflake Lace Paper Ornament adds elegant to that list. Easy to make with our New Snowflake Lace Paper
CutUps, it looks like it would take hours to cut or punch out all those detailed snowflakes, but, of course, it doesn't.
Here's another look, this time from the top.
Can't you see a bunch of these hanging so prettily on the tree?
Check it out here. Or download more detailed PDF instructions here
. It's the Project of the Month.
Here's What You’ll Need:
• Snowflake Lace Paper CutUps
• Snowflake CutUps
• Circus Border CutUps Die
• J*lly H*liday Stamp Set
• 16” Cherry Divine Twine
• Cranberry Seam Binding Ribbon
• White, Red and Tan Cardstock
• Red Ink
• 5 Red Adhesive Rhinestones
• 1” Circle Punch
• Liquid Glue
Here's How To Make It
- Die cut 2 Snowflake Lace Paper circles from White Cardstock. Poke out Snowflakes and any other dots as needed. Save 1 snowflake for the tag.
- Die cut 4 Snowflakes and 4 Circus Panels (middle panel).
- Score both Snowflake Lace Paper circles down the center and fold in half.
- Cut the “dots” off the ends of the Circus Panel and score down the center lengthwise. Fold in half. Adhere Scor-Tape to each folded side.
Put it all together
Decorate, Add Sentiment Tag
- Using the Circus Panel piece as a “binding”, adhere each side to straight folded edge of both Snowflake Lace Paper Circles, lining up score lines and creating a center “seam” in the ornament. Do this again on 2 other sides.
- Before adhering the 4th Circus Panel, fold the Divine Twine in half and tie a knot at the ends. Adhere a piece of Scor-tape in the 4th center seam, just short of where the Circus Panel will go (you don’t want to see the twine coming out the bottom). Lay twine on top of tape and press into center.
- Adhere last Circus Panel, covering twine and completing ornament “sphere”. This is the ornament’s hanger.
- Apply liquid glue to “center spokes” of Tan Snowflakes. Gently tuck them into the center of all 4 sides, adhering them to the Circus Panels. Attach Red Adhesive Rhinestones to centers of Snowflakes.
- Stamp “SN*W” from J*lly H*liday Stamp Set onto Tan Cardstock with Red Ink. Trim cardstock to approx. 3 ¼” x ¾”, keeping text in center, and notch the end next to the “W”.
- Punch circle from Red Cardstock, fold in half and glue to other end of SNOW tag, wrapping it around end.
- Glue leftover White snowflake from Snowflake Lace Paper to sentiment tag for the “O”. Adhere Red Adhesive Rhinestone to center. Using liquid glue, adhere completed sentiment tag to inside of one side of the ornament flush with top.
- Using Cranberry Seam Binding Ribbon, tie 2 bows around twine hanger. Trim ends. (It may be helpful to have someone else hold the ornament by the hanger to do this step.)
- Hang on the tree and enjoy!
||12-01-2011 01:49 PM
so beautiful ...great job Susan
||12-02-2011 04:42 AM
Oh my goodness is this beautiful Susan!!! It looks so complicated but your instructions are perfect!! I'll have to make up a bunch of these - so pretty!!! :)
||02-25-2012 12:27 AM
What a cute project Jen and so very doable too!
|All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:35 AM.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO