11-01-2011, 05:10 PM
Splitcoast Platinum Partner Company
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: San Francisco
November 2011 Project of the Month
Jen del Muro (genie1314) brings cute to a whole new level with her Cutie Cupcake Stand.
And it's not for just birthdays, either. Change out the sentiment and it could be for weddings or a placecard at Thanksgiving topped with a little pumpkin and stamped with a lucky someone's name.
Check it out here. Or download more detailed PDF instructions here
. It's the Project of the Month.
Here's What You’ll Need:
• Simply Said Stamp Set (K-1723 CL)
• Easy Rosettes CutUps Die
• Sunflower Rosette CutUps Die
• Circus Border CutUps Die
• 3—Dixie Cups
• 5.5” piece of ribbon
• White & Pattern Papers
• Circle Dies (3.25”, 3”, 2.75”)
• Black Ink
Here's How To Make It
Cutie Cupcake Stand
- Create template by cutting one of the Dixie cups from lip to base and discarding bottom of cup.
- Using the template, trace and cut 2 from pattern paper. (Note: Pay special attention when using patterned paper since one cup will be right side up and one will be upside down).
- Cover both Dixie Cups,
- trimming as needed.
- Stack and adhere cups.
- Wrap ribbon around seam and adhere.
Top of Cutie Cupcake Stand
- Using the Easy Rosettes
- CutUps die, cut 2 large rosettes from pattern paper. Clip, fold and adhere into large rosette.
- Using the Sunflower Rosette CutUps die, cut 2 from felt. Clip, fold and adhere into sunflower rosette.
- Adhere atop large rosette.
- Cut and adhere circle from Easy Rosettes CutUps die set.
- Cut banner from Easy Rosettes CutUps die set, stamp with “HAPPY BIRTHDAY” sentiment from
- Simply Said stamp set and adorn with rhinestones on each side of sentiment.
- Adhere embellishment to Cutie Cupcake Stand.
- Using 3 circle dies, cut one of each size. Layer and adhere together.
- Using the Circus Border CutUps die, cut 2 lengths measuring 7/8” wide.
- Score Circus border length ¼” in from straight side. Create tabs by clipping every ¼” from straight edge to score line (This will make it easier for the paper to wrap around in a circle).
- Place adhesive on each of the tabs and adhere to underside of layered circles, slightly overlapping the 2 lengths.
- Attach rhinestones to Circus Border “drops” and top with a cupcake!
Last edited by Miss Meowy; 12-01-2011 at 09:25 AM..