06-05-2012, 02:36 PM
Splitcoast Platinum Partner Company
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: San Francisco
June 2012 Project of the Month
creates fabulous Father's Day boxes to hold that special tie, or goodie. Dad will like anything that comes packaged in these
Download more detailed instructions.here
Father's Day Tie Boxes. For Father's Day or any day. They are the Project of the Month
Here's What You’ll Need:
• Pennants CutUps (Die 005)
• Mustache CutUps (Die 035)
• Buttons CutUps (Die 002)
• Circus Panels CutUps (Die 023)
• The Mustache Set (K-2765 CL)
• Commemorating You (K-2764 CL)
• Nightie (S-8636 CL)
• 8.5” x 11” Cardstock
• Patterned Paper
• White Gel Pen
• Linen Thread
To Make Box:
For Bowtie Box:
- Score cardstock widthwise at 2”, 5”, 7” and 10.”
- Turn paper lengthwise and score at 2” and 7.”
- On 2” side, cut away all but one section as shown and cut diagonally on the narrow section (this is the top of the box). On 1.5” side, cut each flap apart just up to the score line and cut out last little section (this is the bottom of the box).
- Before assembling box, cut the top flap to resemble two triangle “collars.”
- Add faux stitching to collar.
- Adhere box using by adhering redline tape to long narrow strip on the side and then one large flap at the bottom.
For Necktie Box:
- Die cut smallest buttons, add thread and adhere to shirt front.
- Die cut 2 small pennants.
- Cut 1 small triangle for center knot, attach to pennants and adhere to box.
- Die cut medium Circus Panel die, fold in half and stamp with “Your Special Day.”
- Die cut the top of the large Circus Panel CutUps die and adhere to the top of the tag. Punch hole, add Linen Thread and attach to box.
- Die cut one small and large pennant.
- Cut off bottom of small pennant to form the knot.
- Cut off sides of large pennant to form necktie. (see photo)
- Adhere to box.
- Die cut mustache and add to tie.
- Stamp “DAD”, cut out and adhere over mustache.
- Stamp sentiment on bottom of the box.