Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Places to Go (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/places-go-f62/)
-   -   Looking for some Minnesotan's (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/places-go-f62/looking-some-minnesotans-t201401.html)

vikkijo 11-22-2006 12:37 PM

Looking for some Minnesotan's

I have noticed that there are a few folks on SCS that are from Minnesota. I was thinking we should start a thread just for us to get to know each other.
Just introduce yourself and tell where you are in our beautiful state.
I am Vikki, I live in Brook Park. It is 10 miles West of Hinckley. :)

Ginger_P 11-22-2006 12:40 PM

HI Vikki,

My name is Ginger. I from St. Louis Park, Mn. I have been cardmaking the past year. Also have been scrapbooking for 4 years. This is a fun site, you will learn alot of new things here. Welcome.

cakingmn 11-22-2006 01:03 PM

I am Caroline, and I live in Minnetonka, MN, and work in Bloomington. I have been here in mn for the past 9 years. I am original from California, and transferred here for a job.
Love making cards, but can't get enough of stamp camps or getting together and making cards. lets see if we can meet at an Archievers store, and bring stuff to make cards.
caroline

HeartfeltGreetings 11-22-2006 01:44 PM

Hi, I'm Amy and I live in Lakeville, just south of Mpls! I have been making and selling cards for just over a year now--my friend Lue got me addicted! She is a SU rep. I love this site, as it is a wealth of fabulous tip and ideas! Hope to get to know you all better. Have a great Thanksgiving!

vikkijo 11-22-2006 01:45 PM

Cool!
hi ladies, so glad you popped in! I hope you stick around!
Have an awesome Thanksgiving ladies!
I am hoping to start a swap eventually for just us. Any ideas????
this was really a freinds (Jean) idea, I am waiting for her. I can't be hostess since I live in a motor home for a while yet. I just got my address so nowe I working on electricity..then internet so I don't have to use everyone elses computer to cisit here.

bemidjibelle 11-22-2006 02:32 PM

Hi, I'm from Bemidji. I also sell my cards plus have really gotten into the "altering" craze.... love doing over those $1 journals, clipboards, and frames! I added some pics to my gallery the other day and am wondering what you all think? I also scrapbook and am excited that I just got my first die cut machine, the Cuttlebug! I'm looking forward to putting it to great use, especially on those chipboard coasters.

I am retired, so am loving the life of scrapping and stamping! Hello to all you other Minnesotans! :)

Sue

stampnkat 11-22-2006 02:39 PM

Hi I am from Bemidji also. Sue and I don't know each other but have chatted a couple of times. I have been stamping for about 12++ years. I love stamping cards, journals, notebooks, etching on glass, and whatever I can find to do. I just got some chipboard coasters and can't wait to try stamping on them. Great thread just happen to find it. Kathy

ericabeth 11-22-2006 02:54 PM

Hello, fellow Minnesotans! My name is Erica and I live in Norwood Young America---just west of the T.C. I've been stampin and scrappin for about 8 years and have been a demo for almost 2. This site has been such a treasure of help and info and incredible ideas!

Josephsmom04 11-22-2006 04:07 PM

Hello Ladies,

I live in St. Cloud about an hour and a half north of the cities. I have been stamping for 6 years and a demo for 5.

crazy4stamps 11-22-2006 04:22 PM

Hello all you MN....I'm just a few minutes north of Brainerd in East Gull Lake. You all know the place...it's where all the golf courses are!

triciaanne 11-22-2006 05:31 PM

Hi Everyone!
I live in Coon Rapids - one of the northern suburbs of Minneapolis and St. Paul. I went to my first Stampin' Up! party over 10 years ago and have been stamping ever since! I finally signed on as a demonstrator in March of 2003 and LOVE IT! I am a Community School Programmer in Anoka and work at JoAnn ETC here in Coon Rapids. If any of you local girls are crazy enough to go for door busters on Friday morning, look for me - I'm usually at the Customer Service Counter (but don't give me a hard time because then I will have to come back here and complain about you!)
I have to go back to prepping for my Saturday Stamp A Stack.....Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

jeanpeka 11-22-2006 05:40 PM

Hi! I'm Jean and I live in Blaine. (It's about 18 miles north of Minneapolis.) I've been a demonstrator for about 9-1/2 years, and I've probably been stamping for about 12. I do a lot of cards, but I do scrapbooking and like to do other little nifty projects, too!
I see another post just popped in from Coon Rapids--Blaine is right next to Coon Rapids as well! I like JoAnn's, but there is no way that I would go to Riverdale the Friday after Thanksgiving! I'm not that much of a shopper! :>)
Happy Thanksgiving!

Jean

biffsbee 11-22-2006 05:45 PM

Tricia, You go girl! Ikes, think I will stay out of that mess Friday morning...hubby thinks I am crazy to even think about going shopping then.

Hi all, I live in St Francis - just north of Coon Rapids. Been stamping for about 5-6 years and demo for 1.5 yrs. I am addicted to stamping, like to camp and garden and love my dear hubby. No kids here.

Lisa

stampingdenise 11-22-2006 06:11 PM

Another St. Cloud gal here! I've been stamping since about 2001, and a demo since, oh 2002? I can't remember! LOL! I actually started scrapbooking first, but fell in love with stamping, and now I do way more stamping than scrapbooking!

I am so lucky to live so very close to Crafts Direct. Actually, it's quite dangerous.... LOL! I do love this obsession, though, and have gotten a chance to meet a few people from SCS in real life.

Now, back to stamping for me! My sister is here from St. Louis Park, and we plan to spend the rest of the evening stamping!

chooch 11-22-2006 07:07 PM

HELLO GIRLS!
Traci here from Isanti, MN. Used to be a demo but left it 2005.
Between Brook Park and Coon Rapids.
Wishing you all a FABULOUS TURKEY DAY!
chooch

kbookers3 11-22-2006 07:43 PM

Hi, Ladies, I am brand spanking new here. I haven't a clue to anything yet. I just know I am from MN..Hibbing to be exact. I am 300+ miles north of the t.c. I have been stamping for 21 years now. I bought my first stamp on my honeymoon. My has stamping changed. And my how my abilities have changed as well as my accumulation of "stuff". I look forward to getting to know you all better as well as this sight. This is just what I was looking for. It has taken me much too long to find SCS. This is tooooo cool. Happy Thanksgiving. There is so much to be thankful for. Kristyn

stampingdenise 11-22-2006 07:48 PM

Hi Kristyn - my DH's family is from Hibbing. Both his mom and dad grew up there, and he still has many cousins in the area. Small world. I sure do love it up there! His dad (my FIL) has a hunting shack near Togo... We try to get up there at least once a year. Wish we could make it more often, I do love it up there so much! Welcome to SCS!

baronsmom 11-22-2006 08:58 PM

I'm Suzanne & I'm also in Coon Rapids. Tricia, I'm not coming near Joanns on Friday! ACK! I've been a demo for 3 years, but have been stamping on & off for at least 10!

sbergwil 11-23-2006 05:05 AM

South St. Paul

I'm Susan and I live in South St. Paul. My husband and I are probably the only people who live in SSP who aren't from here. It seems like everyone knows everyone - such a weird thing for an inner ring suburb! We've lived in MN for 7 years and have no plans to leave. It's such a beautiful Thanksgiving that I'm going to ride my bike to my local coffee shop (never thought I'd be able to do that on Thanksgiving). Happy Thanksgiving!

barbf 11-23-2006 05:34 AM

I'm also from Bemidji. Sue introduced me to stamping several years ago. Hope to do some stamping today after I get a couple pies baked and the turkey in the oven (we're eating our Thanksgiving meal for supper). Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
Barb

vikkijo 11-23-2006 07:15 AM

WOW! Look at all the Minnesotan's, this is really cool to see how many are on here and live so close!
Here's an idea from Jean...passing in on to you girls to see what everyone else thinks... all of us start a list of our names and addresses.
Each month, we would mail one single card to each individual. No guide lines like a swap usually has.
We could do cardfronts, 3 x 3's, ATC's, I'd love to see those journals!
Gimme some more ideas.

vikkijo 11-23-2006 07:24 AM

Happy Thanksgiving Ladies! Thank you so much for posting!

kidsandstamps 11-23-2006 06:36 PM

Hi from Rushford,MN

I am from Rushford, 45 miles from Rochester and 35 miles from LaCrosse ,WI
I was a demo for SU for 11 years until Sept when I had to give it up for lack of customers....other than myself HA! HA! HA!
HEIDI

MooLa679 11-23-2006 06:53 PM

Hi, I'm from Rosemount, South East of the cities, I've been stamping for over 10 years and scrapbooking for 9. I just became a SU Demo. Glad to see everyone else here from MN.

Lisa

Josephsmom04 11-23-2006 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeanpeka
Hi! I'm Jean and I live in Blaine. (It's about 18 miles north of Minneapolis.) I've been a demonstrator for about 9-1/2 years, and I've probably been stamping for about 12. I do a lot of cards, but I do scrapbooking and like to do other little nifty projects, too!
I see another post just popped in from Coon Rapids--Blaine is right next to Coon Rapids as well! I like JoAnn's, but there is no way that I would go to Riverdale the Friday after Thanksgiving! I'm not that much of a shopper! :>)
Happy Thanksgiving!

Jean

Long time no talk Jean!

Did you get to Mary's Christmas party for us downlines?

vikkijo 11-24-2006 05:25 PM

Just popped in to say Hii to all my new friends!

stampencamper 11-25-2006 03:58 AM

what fun this is; there are even more of then I thought. I'm from Litchfield,
45 miles south of st. cloud I travel to crafts direct often, with my Joanne fabrics coupon, as crafts direct doesn't do to many. I have been stamping
and scrapbooking for 10 years and will probably be doing more scrapbooking for awhile, as I got a digital camera last night, couldn't face the crowds in the morning and had to work anyway. We are seasonal campers also,
and have gotten into redoing my recipe pages with the scrapbook and
stamping look, that will probably take me all winter, have participated in recipe page swaps here. So nice to here from everyone in Minnesota
Carolyn

card_drazy 11-25-2006 09:46 AM

im near Rochester MN.

vikkijo 11-25-2006 01:35 PM

This is sweet! I never could have imagined this many folks from MN!
Has anyone given any thought to a MN Swap?!?!?

GCGPA 11-25-2006 03:50 PM

Greetings Vikki

Welcome to the group.

I live in Plymouth with my wife of 40+ years. We have two grandsons a 7yo and a 2yo.

The 7yo and I make cards. It is fun to coach him, and a joy to see the cards he makes.

My stamping /cardmaking experience strarted 4 years ago.
I have a bunch of stamps, and recently a new Cricut.
The learning curve continues!

momof3boys 11-25-2006 04:52 PM

Gosh I wish I was back in MN! I used to live in Princeton..about 35 miles north of the cities. I also lived in Deerwood for awhile to. I used to frequent St. Cloud for the craft stores as well. Now in Ca. missing the seasons.

Renee

jeanpeka 11-25-2006 05:31 PM

Hi Michelle,

No, I didn't get to Mary's Christmas party. I belong to another stamp group that meets the 2nd Tuesday of each month. I've been going to that longer than when she switched to the 2nd Tuesday of each month, so I sort of feel obligated to go to that one!!

Jean

jeanpeka 11-25-2006 05:46 PM

A Birthday Swap for Minnesotan's

How about this?? All of you Minnesotan's that are interested, PM me your name (first & last), real address, your email address & your birthdate. I will compile a list of all who respond and send it on to each of you. This will be a one year commitment. For each person's birthday, we will each send the birthday person a handmade birthday card. I will take sign ups until December 15th, 2006. We will start January 1, 2007 and go through Dec. 31st, 2007. If you sign up and your birthday is at the beginning of the year, that does not relieve you of your responsibility to send a card to those that have a birthday at the end of the year! I will send a monthly reminder of those that have a birthday each month. There is no need to create "x" number of different cards. You can make the same card for each person. I've been involved in a similar type swap for 4 years now. What I do is decide on a card, make "x" number of the same card, pre-address the envelope with the person's address, and then up in the corner where the stamp goes, I write the person's birthday (ex. 02-14), so I know when I have to mail the card out. Let me know if you are interested!

Jean

kbookers3 11-25-2006 06:53 PM

Hi, Denise, Sorry for the delay...was pretty tied up with Thanksgiving and all the happenings. Did any of your inlaws grad. from Hibbing? If so when? I may know them. I have lived here just about all my life except for the 4 years in AK with the USAF (with DH). Great to meet someone who actually knows where Hibbing is. :) I looked at your gallery. You do beautiful work. Keep adding... Kristyn

stampingdenise 11-25-2006 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbookers3
Hi, Denise, Sorry for the delay...was pretty tied up with Thanksgiving and all the happenings. Did any of your inlaws grad. from Hibbing? If so when? I may know them. I have lived here just about all my life except for the 4 years in AK with the USAF (with DH). Great to meet someone who actually knows where Hibbing is. :) I looked at your gallery. You do beautiful work. Keep adding... Kristyn

My MIL and FIL both graduated from there in the 50s.... can't remember the year but it was the same class as Bob Dylan. The family joke is that my FIL's singing group beat Bob Dylan in the talent contest that year. :D My hubby's cousins (on both sides) still live in the area. What year did you graduate? My MIL's maiden name is Fena, if that rings any bells. :)

My DH's godmother lives in Virginia. She's 93 years old and still sharp as a tack. We try to visit her once a year as well. This year she bought us potica from the bakery in Virginia. Yum. :)

Josephsmom04 11-25-2006 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeanpeka
How about this?? All of you Minnesotan's that are interested, PM me your name (first & last), real address, your email address & your birthdate. I will compile a list of all who respond and send it on to each of you. This will be a one year commitment. For each person's birthday, we will each send the birthday person a handmade birthday card. I will take sign ups until December 15th, 2006. We will start January 1, 2007 and go through Dec. 31st, 2007. If you sign up and your birthday is at the beginning of the year, that does not relieve you of your responsibility to send a card to those that have a birthday at the end of the year! I will send a monthly reminder of those that have a birthday each month. There is no need to create "x" number of different cards. You can make the same card for each person. I've been involved in a similar type swap for 4 years now. What I do is decide on a card, make "x" number of the same card, pre-address the envelope with the person's address, and then up in the corner where the stamp goes, I write the person's birthday (ex. 02-14), so I know when I have to mail the card out. Let me know if you are interested!

Jean

I would like to take part in this...

I'll send you a pm.

shari stamper 11-26-2006 03:59 AM

Greetings from west of the metro too...And a big "shout out" to my friend Erica - post #8 - we live about 8 miles away from each other and met on this site! How cool is that!?! Plus, she keeps me "hooked up" with all my SU supplies and ideas since I am no longer an SU demonstrator...Thanks Erica!! I've been scrapping since 1998 and stamping since 2001. I love both! I'd be interested in the birthday sign up too - how fun is that!

ericabeth 11-27-2006 09:39 AM

Hi, all, again! I'd love to do the b-day swap--it's so fun to share smiles with others through a hand-made card.

On the Hibbing track--my mom used to work at Black's Tires (I think that's the name) back in the mid-80's.

What fun to see all these MN gals here!

vikkijo 11-27-2006 01:49 PM

Cool idea Jean.... hope we get more interest in the Minnesota Thread!
GCGPA...thats so awesome that you do cards with your grandsons. Does your wife stamp or just you??
Renee, its never too late to come back to Minnesota!
Thank you Shari, Erica and Michelle, for the interest in the B'day idea!

MissyO 11-27-2006 01:52 PM

I too am in Minnesota

Well hello one and all. I am from North Branch that is about 55 miles north of the Twin Cities area. We are a small town and I love it that way. I have been stamping for about 6 years now and was truly hooked after my first party that I went to. Then I started going to all of the Stamp shows and found a dear friend of mine who talked me into becoming a demonstratot for The Angel Company and have never ever looked back. I love the company because I too make cards and 3d items and turn around and sell them and working with TAC you can do that.

I am so glad that I got the email from Vikki and can't wait to meat everyone. Anyone in my area want to get together and stamp? We should try and get together.

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/7/7_20_5.gif

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp...p=ZNxmk572YYUS