Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-16-2007, 05:06 AM   #241
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by biffsbee
I will be on a Christian humanitarian aid mission with Global Aid Network. For more information you can check out their website at www.gainusa.org

This will be my 3rd trip with GAiN. The first one was to Russia and the second was to Ukraine. This time hubby is coming too and we can't wait!

Very interesting! That would be an amazing experience.
Holly - SU Demo - scs #19930
My Gallery
My Blog
My Etsy Store
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 02-17-2007, 06:59 PM   #242
Embossing Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Queen Elizabeth
Default Minnesota People

Hi! My name is Elizabeth and I love stamping and I love this sight. I live in Shoreview, a suburb about 12 miles north of Mpls/St. Paul. I grew up until I was 13 in a very small town in central MN, Grey Eagle. I am a Radiation Oncology Nurse, part time and am active in the Oncology Nurses Society. We have one daughter who will be leaving us next year to go to Gustavus College (Please PM me if you have any pearls to give me about Gustavus!) I would go to the St. Cloud gathering in an heartbeat, but will be going out of town the next day. I do know that a SCSer from Apple Valley has put together groups in the fall and/or spring and always posts it on this sight. Thanks for this thread!
Old 02-25-2007, 04:00 AM   #243
Matboard Maniac

Hi everyone. I just found this thread and I think its cool to read about all of the other minnesota demos. I live in New Ulm which is 25 miles away from Mankato. But I consider Mankato to be a second home for me because I have spent so much time there.

We just received 9 inches of snow last night! What a mess. Have a great day.

Carita
Old 02-25-2007, 04:38 AM   #244
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by carita
Hi everyone. I just found this thread and I think its cool to read about all of the other minnesota demos. I live in New Ulm which is 25 miles away from Mankato. But I consider Mankato to be a second home for me because I have spent so much time there.

We just received 9 inches of snow last night! What a mess. Have a great day.

Carita

Too cool!!! I was born in New Ulm--most of my siblings went to school there, and my family moved to Preston between my kindergarten & 1st Grade years. I know what you mean about Mankato, too--went to college there! Nice to meet you!

You know, I really don't want people to spoil my delusions with reality.
Old 02-25-2007, 05:45 AM   #245
Polyshrink Goddess

Snow - arrghh. Now I have to trade doing a workshop for getting out from under the snow. But then again we do live in Minnesota!! Happy shoveling everyone...

rita
Old 02-25-2007, 06:47 AM   #246
Crimping Master

I think we got a foot last night,just sent out the snow removal team,...hub and kids.It really is pretty,especially when it happens when it's your weekend off and you have nowhere to go,did groceries on Friday with the rest of the city and I'm home with my computor stamps and family,...life is good.
Old 02-25-2007, 06:49 AM   #247
Crimping Master

carita,

Love New Ulm,we were down there for a few days a few years ago and it's the cutest town,love the Christmas store.
Old 02-25-2007, 09:06 AM   #248
Compulsive Stamper

I've been stalking this thread for a long time! I can finally join cuz DH got a job at the U of M! We have no idea where exactly we are going to live when we move though. (Any suggestions and opinions are totally welcome!) Right now we live in Iowa. He's originally from Kimball (20 miles South of St. Cloud) and I'm originally from Fargo, ND. I have lots of relatives in and around the Maple Grove area so spent a lot of time in the cities. We are both VERY excited to be closer to "home!" It's so much fun to read where everyone is from and to see how many of us there are!
Old 02-25-2007, 09:41 AM   #249
Stampin' Fool

Welcome to MN!
Old 02-25-2007, 11:20 AM   #250
Rubber Obsessor

I just found this thread. Hi, my name is Joy and I live in Eagan. Just 6 minutes from the Mall of America. I've been stamping since 1997 and joined SU in "99". Having fun in my basement with all my stuff because there is soooo much snow!! I love doing stamp camps, going to stamping weekends away and collecting as much stuff as possible. Everybody here is really talented!!

Joy~
Old 02-25-2007, 11:36 AM   #251
Die Cut Diva

Hello ladies,

I played with my stamps yesterday and started blowin' snow at 9:30 and I am finally done- for now. It's 2:30. Some of our neighbors don't have snowblowers and so I went to help. The snow is upto my mailbox. I actually scrap some of it down so the mailcarrier can open it. LOL Of course for those of you who aren't from MN that's with the plowed snow that made it that high.

How many of you are planning on attending the SCS get together here in St. Cloud?
Old 02-25-2007, 07:18 PM   #252
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane21
I've been stalking this thread for a long time! I can finally join cuz DH got a job at the U of M! We have no idea where exactly we are going to live when we move though. (Any suggestions and opinions are totally welcome!) Right now we live in Iowa. He's originally from Kimball (20 miles South of St. Cloud) and I'm originally from Fargo, ND. I have lots of relatives in and around the Maple Grove area so spent a lot of time in the cities. We are both VERY excited to be closer to "home!" It's so much fun to read where everyone is from and to see how many of us there are!
Dude! I'm from Kimball! I graduated from there! What year did your hubby graduate? I'm class of 92 - one of the smallest classes they had with just 42 graduates.....
Old 02-25-2007, 07:24 PM   #253
Stazon Splitcoast

Default hey

Hi denise visited your blog you sound way to busy. I just found this site today
What is this scs thing in St. Cloud?
Old 02-25-2007, 08:47 PM   #254
Compulsive Stamper

Hey Denise!
That is so cool! Husband's name is Tim Johnson, graduated in 1995. I can't wait till he gets home so I can tell him. Such a small world! Where are you at now?
Old 02-27-2007, 02:07 PM   #255
Die Cut Diva

It's officially posted!!!

Sorry for the delay in getting this up... I've just been kinda busy with work, and my little girl has been sick off and on for most of the past month, and some things just didn't get done like I had planned. But I finally posted the announcement about the Central MN Stamp Fest!!! Check the thread out here:

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/fo....php?p=4958618
Old 02-27-2007, 02:09 PM   #256
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Hey Denise!
That is so cool! Husband's name is Tim Johnson, graduated in 1995. I can't wait till he gets home so I can tell him. Such a small world! Where are you at now?
I'm in St. Cloud. I was fortunate enough to find a job here in town and didn't have to relocate after college.

I'm not sure if I remember your hubby, but if I get a chance I'll dig out my yearbooks and look him up!

What a small world!
Old 02-27-2007, 09:42 PM   #257
Insane Embellisher

just stumbled across this.. i am from austin, mn. aka Spamtown USA :S.. its about 15 mins north of the iowa border.. SE MN..

hello to all you MN's!!
Old 02-28-2007, 07:51 AM   #258
Stampin' Fool

Smile

I think this is a nice idea. My name is Mary and I live in Rush City, MN, which is about 10 miles from Cambridge.
I graduated HS in Braham, MN, which is in between Rush City and Brook Park. It's the Pie Capital of MN!!:
Old 02-28-2007, 08:29 AM   #259
Stampin' Fool

Smile

I also forgot to mention that I have been making cards since I was really young (not all were stamped). I've been stamping cards since about 1994 or so. My aunt introduced it to me and I've been hooked ever since!
I am married (will be 10 years this Nov), but no kids. We have one very spolied cat named Dru (short for Drusilla). I work as a tax preparer for H&R Block. In the off season, I work for Kids Quest in Hinckley, MN. I just recently joined SCS.
I used last weekends snowstorm to my advantage and made over 80 cards. Hopefully I'll get some uploaded soon. I plan on making a bunch more cards during this storm as well. Snowstorms do have some advantages!!
I previously mentioned I graduated HS in Braham, MN. I was class of '95. My VDH graduated from Rush City, MN in 1990.

Have a great day!!
Old 02-28-2007, 05:37 PM   #260
Pearl-ExPert

Welcome Tara and Mary.

Tara - I've never been to Austin, but whenever someone mentions Spam, I always tell them it means "spiced ham"

Mary - I've been up in your area on bike rides - great bike trails up there I've also made cards since I was a kid, and my mom saved a bunch of them, so I now have a portfolio that goes back a loooong way (I'm class of '71! - Bloomington Kennedy HS).
Old 02-28-2007, 06:05 PM   #261
Polyshrink Goddess

While snowstorms have their disadvantages I would agree they are great for getting lots of crafts done! Hopefully this one will let me get some of my stamping and scrapping projects finished from last weekend. I was at a retreat that was cut short because of last weeks snow storm. And speaking of snow - it has started here!!

Happy Stamping and Scrapping,

rita
Old 02-28-2007, 06:15 PM   #262
Mad Swapper

No snow yet tonight in Brainerd....everyone is hoping we get dumped on hard so we don't have school tomorrow. Brainerd never closes school due to weather!!! I'm hoping there's no school tomorrow so I get some stamping done and my last workshop stuff put away.
LeAne SCS#2819 & Grandma to Lindsey!
lfinlay@scicable.com
Old 03-05-2007, 01:29 PM   #263
Die Cut Diva

Just a gentle reminder... if you are interested in attending the Stamp Fest get together on April 21, please be sure to sign up.

The Great Central Minnesota Spring Stamp Fest

It's filling quickly!
Old 03-05-2007, 07:15 PM   #264
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by clee1953
Welcome Tara and Mary.

Tara - I've never been to Austin, but whenever someone mentions Spam, I always tell them it means "spiced ham"

Mary - I've been up in your area on bike rides - great bike trails up there I've also made cards since I was a kid, and my mom saved a bunch of them, so I now have a portfolio that goes back a loooong way (I'm class of '71! - Bloomington Kennedy HS).
thanks for the welcome!!

if you ever make it down here, we have a spam museum and everything you can visit haha.. i've never been to it.. haha but i guess its pretty neat.
Old 03-07-2007, 01:15 PM   #265
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Location: At the end of a dead end dirt road, in the middle of no where!

Spam museum huh? I would love to visit and meet you, but I think I will pass on the museum! LOL
Welcome Mary, Elizabeth, Carita, Jane, Kathy, Joy and Tara! Wow! I am so sorry that I havent been on much!
I really dislike not having internet at home!!!!
Oh, Barbie Jo I have that same Snow Removal Team!
We didn't get burried by the plows..we got it from the drifts. Some drifts are over my hubby's 6' 6" head! glad we are in the woods for the most part, alittle wind block!
Love the B'day cards I have received! Thank you ladies!
Old 03-07-2007, 03:05 PM   #266
Rubber Obsessor

Hi everyone! I just found this thread, too. I live in Rochester, MN. I grew up just west of the Twin Cities between New Hope and Plymouth. My parents live in in Fair Have (neighbors to you folks in Kimball!)

I have been stamping and scrapbooking for more than 10 years. I just became a SU demo in November. I am mostly a lurker, but I love this site and all of the wonderful people and ideas here.
I am so bummed I didn't see this thread until today, because I just booked a demo for Saturday, April 21st and am unable to go to the get together in St. Cloud. Coincidently, we picked that weekend because my friend's step-daughter who works at the St. Cloud/Waite Park Crafts Direct is off that weekend and can come to the demo.
Old 03-07-2007, 06:00 PM   #267
Mad Swapper

Wish I could come to the gathering but I am unavailable!
Hopefully the next one!!
Old 03-07-2007, 07:20 PM   #268
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampinscrapper
Hi everyone! I just found this thread, too. I live in Rochester, MN. I grew up just west of the Twin Cities between New Hope and Plymouth. My parents live in in Fair Have (neighbors to you folks in Kimball!)

I have been stamping and scrapbooking for more than 10 years. I just became a SU demo in November. I am mostly a lurker, but I love this site and all of the wonderful people and ideas here.
I am so bummed I didn't see this thread until today, because I just booked a demo for Saturday, April 21st and am unable to go to the get together in St. Cloud. Coincidently, we picked that weekend because my friend's step-daughter who works at the St. Cloud/Waite Park Crafts Direct is off that weekend and can come to the demo.
hey stampincrapper welcome! i think you are the 1st person that i've seen on here that's even close to me. welcome.

thanks everyone else for the warm welcomes!
Old 03-07-2007, 07:35 PM   #269
Insane Embellisher

i guess i should maybe tell a little about myself since it seems others have done the same and i just pretty much said where i live in my other post..

lets see.. i live in austin.. with my husband and our mini doxie winston.. we just got married in july, but we've been together since i was 16..so for 6 years. we just bought our house a year ago and we've been making it home ever since.

i've been stamping for about 2 years. my best friend and her mom got me hooked. they invited me to a stampin up party and since day one i was hooked, and i've been collecting stamps and supplies ever since. i dont think my cards are very good.. but they are improving. they would probably be improving faster if i didnt spend so much time on SCS haha.
well i guess thats a little bit more about me.
Old 03-08-2007, 04:44 AM   #270
Kookie Creator

Hi I just joined a couple months ago and just read some. Didn't get to read all. My Hubby is from Greenbush,MN. We still go there to visit family, he has land for hunting of course there so up alot. Anyone from there? I seen one from Theif River falls I know that's not to far. His mom live's in Karlstad. Hi to all. I'm from SD.
Old 03-11-2007, 01:58 PM   #271

Thank you ladies for all the beautiful B'day cards! WOW! I have never gotten so much mail
Old 03-12-2007, 06:04 AM   #272
Die Cut Diva

Hey ladies! There's still a few spots available in the Central MN Spring Stamp Fest! Won't you join us???

Here's the link:
The Great Central Minnesota Spring Stamp Fest

It's going to be so much fun hanging out and stamping the day away! I'm starting to plan my shoebox swap already!
Old 03-12-2007, 09:59 AM   #273
Stampin' Fool

Default MN girls--check this thread out!

Cards to Soldiers

I challenge you to all help out a fellow Minnesota stamper stationed in Afghanistan. I have just put a box together--and it's STUFFED! Start stampin'! Let's show her some "Minnesota nice"!
Old 03-14-2007, 11:27 AM   #274
Glitter Queen

Send a message via Yahoo to Elizabeth01

Hi, I'm from MN too! I live in Lino Lakes, north of Shoreview, east of Blaine and Coon Rapids

I am getting the hang of stamping, but not addicted!

My big projects right now are scrapbooks!

I grew up in St. James, Westbrook and Slayton (moved around a lot)!
Old 03-14-2007, 11:30 AM   #275
Stampin' Fool

Welcome, Elizabeth! I dare you to hang out at this site and not get addicted! Scrapbooking is so great, though--cool to make something that truly lasts and just gets more precious.
Old 03-14-2007, 11:32 AM   #276
Stampin' Fool

Smile

Welcome, Elizabeth!! It's too tough not to get addicted to stamping!! I do stamping and scrapbooking myself!!
Old 03-14-2007, 05:39 PM   #277
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth01
Hi, I'm from MN too! I live in Lino Lakes, north of Shoreview, east of Blaine and Coon Rapids

Hi Elizabeth,

This is a VERY SMALL world! My SIL lives in Lino Lakes and my DH is from Tracey. What year did you graduate? Maybe they would know you!
Old 03-15-2007, 04:55 AM   #278
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth01

Welcome! Scrapbooking is so much fun! Give it time you will be addicted like all of us! LOL
Holly - SU Demo - scs #19930
My Gallery
My Blog
My Etsy Store
Old 03-15-2007, 11:47 AM   #279

HOLY BUCKETS! I just counted all the names and we have 85, well 86 counting me
Not sure how I missed this before, but I live only 15 miles from Mary Master Pieces. COOL!
Old 03-15-2007, 01:45 PM   #280
Matboard Maniac

Welcome!

I don't check this thread all that often, but I work at "the U" and live in Plymouth, just a few miles form Maple Grove. I know they have a nice big transit station there, and while I've been driving to work this year, it is really nice to take the bus to campus intead!

Quote: