Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-31-2009, 05:37 AM   #2241
Gabfest Goddess

Hello everyone!

I see nobody posted in awhile just thought I would check in and see what everyone has been up to? I hope you all have a great weekend, I am hopefully goning to get some stamping done.
Holly - SU Demo - scs #19930
My Gallery
My Blog
My Etsy Store
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 02-01-2009, 09:44 AM   #2242
Watercolor Wizard

Yes, this thread has been quiet! Maybe it's the cold weather we were having! It was drop dead gorgeous yesterday (in the 40's) and it's in the mid 20's now.

I hope everyone has a great Sunday!

Lynn
Old 02-01-2009, 10:03 AM   #2243
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via MSN to MaryR Send a message via Yahoo to MaryR

Happy Sunny Sunday everyone - another warm day around here with lots of sun and wind. We're enjoying it and will be super bowling this afternoon - maybe some stamping or scrapping as well. VSBN is going on this weekend if any scrappers are looking for some challenges.
Old 02-06-2009, 07:26 AM   #2244
Rubber Obsessor

Let's Invite MIchelle Zindorf to MN!!!!

I posted this on another board and wanted to make sure all Minnesotans saw it so I'm cross posting it here. Here's my original thread:

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/fo...1#post13026114

Here's a link to Michelle's fabulous work in case you're not familiar with it:

http://zindorf.blogs.splitcoaststampers.com/

Please let me know if you are interested-if I get enough people, I will go ahead with this-
Thanks!
Deb
Old 02-07-2009, 09:45 AM   #2245
Crimping Master

Hey everybody! How is everyone doing these days? My DD left on Thursday for an 8 day school trip to Grand Marais. My DH is going to be in Crookston working until Tuesday night, and I have time off till Monday night. What shall I do?
Old 02-08-2009, 06:01 AM   #2246
Gabfest Goddess

hello all!

Tanya sounds like a little mini vaccation for you! lol

I had a party yesterday, tommorow I have a mystery hostess party to get ready for. My BIL and SIL our here from Missouri and next weekend my aunt and uncle are coming from Michigan!! So its been busy here!

I am trying to wait patiently for signing up for the Regional...its not working! I almost booked a party for that weekend yesterday too, I forgot to write it in my calender! lol
My Gallery
My Blog
My Etsy Store
Old 02-08-2009, 09:09 AM   #2247
Crimping Master

Wow Holly, sounds like you have a busy house this month. I'm really excited to sign up for regionals too, and I hope I don't forget to sign up right away.
I have a house full of boys again this weekend with 2 extras. So I was able to get some prep done for my club meeting on Thursday between running kids to and fro and cooking and laundry and...lol!
Now, please excuse the following whine:
I have asthma and my dear sweet darling hubby decided to smoke in the house on Thursday night while he was trying to sty up all night to get ready to work the night shift. I have been paying for it ever since. I may have to call in sick on Monday night cuz I am so tight and am coughing so much. I am out of my steroid inhaler so I have to get that filled in a few minutes and I will probably have to go to Urgent Care tomorrow to get some oral steroids to get this back under control. My DH and DD are the only other people in my house with a drivers license so I HAVE to get th rxs. It's a good thing I got my flu shot cuz we've had a lot of flu patients at work. I would have pneumonia for sure if I hadn't gotten the flu shot!
Ok this whine and pity party is officially over now. Now imagine the "dulcet tones" of 3 teenagers singing to Guitar Hero, which has been pretty constant since about 2pm yesterday. They stopped for about 4 hours from 4am til 8am after I chased them to bed, again! Oh, to be young again
Old 02-08-2009, 11:50 AM   #2248
Gabfest Goddess

Oh Tanya that bites! What was your hubby thinking! That is not good for the asthma at all. My brother and dad both have it and they can't be around people that are smoking at all. Hope you get it under control..if you need something let me know ok!
My Gallery
My Blog
My Etsy Store
Old 02-09-2009, 08:36 AM   #2249
Crimping Master

I am feeling a little better today, but I am still debating calling in sick tonight because I have only been up for about 3 hours and I am pooped already and all I did was drive the boys to school, then load the woodstove with 3 small pieces of wood, then felt weak. But yesterday I wouldn't have been able to stand the little tiny bit of smoke that you get from opening the wood stove door.
As to what my hubby was thinking smoking in the house, I don't think he was thinking. He knows my asthma does not tolerate cigarette smoke. It was like 3 am and I was awakened coughing my lungs out. I marched upstairs and gave him whatfor. I know, not very nice of me, but it was really not nice of him. He is usually a very kind and considerate person, but he is still a smoker and I don't think that the majority of smokers really understand the impact their smoking has on others. I hear it all the time from people who have stopped smoking. They will say "I'm sorry. I didn't realize. I can't stand the smell of cigarette smoke anymore, it hurts my lungs! Literally!"
Old 02-09-2009, 01:19 PM   #2250
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanya27 View Post
I am feeling a little better today, but I am still debating calling in sick tonight because I have only been up for about 3 hours and I am pooped already and all I did was drive the boys to school, then load the woodstove with 3 small pieces of wood, then felt weak. But yesterday I wouldn't have been able to stand the little tiny bit of smoke that you get from opening the wood stove door.
As to what my hubby was thinking smoking in the house, I don't think he was thinking. He knows my asthma does not tolerate cigarette smoke. It was like 3 am and I was awakened coughing my lungs out. I marched upstairs and gave him whatfor. I know, not very nice of me, but it was really not nice of him. He is usually a very kind and considerate person, but he is still a smoker and I don't think that the majority of smokers really understand the impact their smoking has on others. I hear it all the time from people who have stopped smoking. They will say "I'm sorry. I didn't realize. I can't stand the smell of cigarette smoke anymore, it hurts my lungs! Literally!"
I am also an asthmatic. I had to stop having people over to my house because they felt that smoking would not bother me. It was all in my head. Of course, it was in my lungs. When a person is ill, everything seems to bother more than usual. I hope that you fell better soon.
Hugs
Old 02-14-2009, 06:30 AM   #2251
Gabfest Goddess

Happy Valentines Everyone!!!
My Gallery
My Blog
My Etsy Store
Old 02-14-2009, 10:57 AM   #2252
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy Valentine's Day fellow Minnesotans!

I just got home from an awesome concert. My DS's Intercollegiate Honors band. I am so impressed with these young musicians. It is a group selected from the colleges in MN to perform. They had a guest composer/director from Valencia, Spain.
Old 02-18-2009, 10:13 AM   #2253
Crimping Master

I finally have returned to the land of the living! I mean, I am feeling much better, and I just finished another H_LL week at work I then proceeded to put in a large order to SU and then, holding breath, I next day aired it! I can't wait to have a few days to play with new stuff! I broke down and bought a Big Shot even though I already have a Cuttlebug. I have been debating this purchase for months now, knowing that it would be much easier to sell the Big Shot if I have it to demo, and I have customers asking about it. How would I answer their questions on how to use it if I don't have one? Ok, why do I feel like I have to justify this to you all, lol! I must be feeling guilty about my $300 order.
Old 02-18-2009, 10:13 AM   #2254
Crimping Master

oops!

Last edited by tanya27; 02-18-2009 at 10:13 AM.. Reason: deleted duplicate post
Old 02-18-2009, 10:15 AM   #2255
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyj View Post
Happy Valentine's Day fellow Minnesotans!

I just got home from an awesome concert. My DS's Intercollegiate Honors band. I am so impressed with these young musicians. It is a group selected from the colleges in MN to perform. They had a guest composer/director from Valencia, Spain.
This is very cool! I bet it was quite an enjoyable experience I know I always enjoy the higher grades concerts the best, when they get really good at palying
Old 02-18-2009, 10:35 AM   #2256
Die Cut Diva

Do you want a great laugh?

I posted a new thread with a link to a comedy show here:

You've got to see this- it's hilarious!!!!

The video is about 9 mins of pure laughter- have fun and don't blame me if you wet your pants!!!
Old 02-18-2009, 10:54 AM   #2257
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
I finally have returned to the land of the living! I mean, I am feeling much better, and I just finished another H_LL week at work I then proceeded to put in a large order to SU and then, holding breath, I next day aired it! I can't wait to have a few days to play with new stuff! I broke down and bought a Big Shot even though I already have a Cuttlebug. I have been debating this purchase for months now, knowing that it would be much easier to sell the Big Shot if I have it to demo, and I have customers asking about it. How would I answer their questions on how to use it if I don't have one? Ok, why do I feel like I have to justify this to you all, lol! I must be feeling guilty about my $300 order.
Tanya, I'm currently experiencing the same guilt! I've been sick all week which has allowed me extra 'puter time and somehow I managed to convince myself that it was really OK to purchase a large number of Copic markers before the internet pricing goes up at the end of the month . . .mind you this was just a day after I gave myself the credit card lecture (and guess how I paid for them!?) Oh well, I'm glad I did it because the price is going up big time. Should I mention the fact that I placed the order and then went back and placed a second order because "I've gone this far, I might as well . . ." I'm hopeless . . .I think I'm going to have to cut the darned things in half . . .(the credit cards, not the Copics )

Don't feel guilty, just enjoy!!!
Old 02-18-2009, 11:24 AM   #2258
Crimping Master

dmurray407,
I hope you get a ton of enjoyment out o your Cpopics I don't have a credit card so I don't have to worry about using one.. However, there are always more responsible things I could use that money for. But I get tired of always being responsible, so once in a great while I splurge. ANd it is so easy to do when you have internet shopping available, LOL!
Old 02-18-2009, 11:28 AM   #2259
Gabfest Goddess

Tanya I think its ok

So glad your feeling better! Hugs
My Gallery
My Blog
My Etsy Store
Old 02-18-2009, 11:38 AM   #2260
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josephsmom04 View Post
Do you want a great laugh?

I posted a new thread with a link to a comedy show here:

You've got to see this- it's hilarious!!!!

The video is about 9 mins of pure laughter- have fun and don't blame me if you wet your pants!!!
OMG! I almost did pee in my pants! And all of my dogs were sitting there staring at me like I was nuts, lol! I HAVE to show this to my teenagers. They will LOVE it!
Old 02-18-2009, 11:40 AM   #2261
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by catrules View Post
Tanya I think its ok

So glad your feeling better! Hugs
I thought you might enable, I mean agree with me! I appreciate it! LOL!
So, are you going to regionals on Friday or Saturday? I booked for Saturday. I still have to figure out what I'm going to do for swaps!
Old 02-19-2009, 07:00 AM   #2262
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Location: At the end of a dead end dirt road, in the middle of no where!

WOW! I has been awhile! I see I have a ton of catching up to do!

Hope everyone is well!
Old 02-19-2009, 07:16 AM   #2263
Crimping Master

good morning everyone! I have today off and am (im)patiently waiting for my new Big Shot to arrive today!
Old 02-19-2009, 07:26 AM   #2264
Stazon Splitcoast

zHi Tanya - I'm going to regionals on Sat - hope to meet you. Have wondered about swaps myself - I love making swap cards!

Have fun with your new Big Shot!
Old 02-19-2009, 07:43 AM   #2265
Crimping Master

Hey Mary! I hope to see you too! Do you have much of the new stuff from the catalog?
Old 02-19-2009, 07:47 AM   #2266
Stazon Splitcoast

I did place a pretty large order this month, but half or more was re-stocking my cardstock! I have a few new sets and the organza ribbon. I've had fun with the new sets I got, except wonderful watercolors is giving me heck! lol - I need to give it some more attention, i guess! I like some of the things in the occasions, too - it came in the mail this morning and I'd like to sit down with it for a little bit after looking at it online.
Old 02-19-2009, 09:14 AM   #2267
Crimping Master

I love a lot of the stuff in the mini, and I know I will order about half of the mini. I always love the stuff in the minis, and so do my customers.

Hey, I got my overnighted order about 1 hour ago! It was just a 22 hour turn-around, can you believe it! This could be a really bad thing...especially when I find a few days off witout other commitments and have a new catty or mini around!
Old 02-19-2009, 04:49 PM   #2268
Stazon Splitcoast

Tanya- I just saw the picture of your feet in Lake Bemidji. Many years ago my family was camping at the State Park. We went swimming. I felt something bite my leg. I yelled to my husband. he tells me that I must have scrapped my leg on a rock or something. My leg was bleeding. Just then the lifeguard yells. everyone out of the water. There was a northern in the swimming area. So much for scrapping my leg. Then, he wonders why I don't always trust his observations.
Old 02-19-2009, 06:00 PM   #2269
Crimping Master

Ouch Joan! Those Northerns can be nasty! I have never been bit by one that I remember, but I remember cleaning them with my Dad and having to be careful. I've had that picture on my blog for over ayear now. Thin kI should change it?
Old 02-20-2009, 09:16 AM   #2270
Rubber Obsessor

Good Morning Ladies!

I don't post too often but I am SOOOO excited. I am going to a scrapbook retreat in Grand Rapids, MN tonight for the whole weekend. I haven't done something like this in years. I can't believe that I am actually going to spend the money now but I REALLY need to get away for a few days. I want 4 p.m. to be here now. Not fair that I have to wait a minute longer
Old 02-20-2009, 09:20 AM   #2271
Stazon Splitcoast

sounds like a lot of fun! Enjoy your weekend!
Old 02-22-2009, 04:57 PM   #2272
Matboard Maniac

Wow, this thread was started a long time ago! I now live in northern MN near Grand Rapids and am having trouble finding fellow stampers and scrapbookers. If there is any one in my area who is interested in getting together to craft some time, pm me.
Old 02-22-2009, 06:02 PM   #2273
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapkins View Post
Good Morning Ladies!

I don't post too often but I am SOOOO excited. I am going to a scrapbook retreat in Grand Rapids, MN tonight for the whole weekend. I haven't done something like this in years. I can't believe that I am actually going to spend the money now but I REALLY need to get away for a few days. I want 4 p.m. to be here now. Not fair that I have to wait a minute longer
Hope you had a great time. Just getting together with others whom like the same things is a great break.
Old 02-25-2009, 06:50 AM   #2274
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
I thought you might enable, I mean agree with me! I appreciate it! LOL!
So, are you going to regionals on Friday or Saturday? I booked for Saturday. I still have to figure out what I'm going to do for swaps!
Yep I am going Sat!!!
My Gallery
My Blog
My Etsy Store
Old 02-25-2009, 06:54 AM   #2275
Gabfest Goddess

Welcom to all the newbies

Tanya I too like a lot in the Occasion Mini. Got figure out how to grow that money tree! LOL

I got a few new things but have been passing myself just got the texture plates yesterday. I am gonna try to play with today.
My Gallery
My Blog
My Etsy Store
Old 02-25-2009, 06:55 AM   #2276
Gabfest Goddess

Tanya our you still going down Friday? That is our plan and hopefully dh is off that day. I am crossing my fingers anyways!!!
My Gallery
My Blog
My Etsy Store
Old 02-27-2009, 06:24 AM   #2277
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyj View Post
Hope you had a great time. Just getting together with others whom like the same things is a great break.
Thanks...It was wonderful. So nice to get away. We sat in the hot tub, there was massages available....she ran a very, very nice retreat.
Old 02-27-2009, 08:42 PM   #2278
Stazon Splitcoast

I am so happy for you. I could use a mini vacation.
Old 03-02-2009, 06:01 AM   #2279
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapkins View Post
Thanks...It was wonderful. So nice to get away. We sat in the hot tub, there was massages available....she ran a very, very nice retreat.
Glad you had a good time!
My Gallery
My Blog
My Etsy Store
Old 03-04-2009, 08:20 AM   #2280
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by catrules View Post
Tanya our you still going down Friday? That is our plan and hopefully dh is off that day. I am crossing my fingers anyways!!!

OMG Sorry! I have had a tough couple weeks between being sick and working so I haven't been keeping up with the news lately!
Yep, we are still going down on Friday and the hubby is coming with. Wouldn't it be cool to "double date"?! LOL