Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-07-2008, 05:29 AM   #2081
Matboard Maniac

Hi everyone! It looks like you've all been together on this thread for quite some time, but I just discovered it! Any room for one more Minnesotan?? I live in Eden Praire, but work in Minnetonka about 1 mile from Ridgedale.

I am an SU! demo - will have a year under my belt in about two months.

I love stamping, cardmaking and scrapbooking!

I am ALWAYS looking for new stamping/scrapping friends!

I moved to MN about 6.5 years ago from Seattle - so I'm not native - but my husband is!!!

I have loved reading your posts on this thread - and feel like I've already gotten to know quite a few of you!! (Does that sound stalker like??) Hee hee!

If you would like to see more of my projects, please visit my blog !
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-07-2008, 06:47 AM   #2082
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via MSN to MaryR Send a message via Yahoo to MaryR

Lynn, I'll let you know about the 14th this week.

congrats to new baby god mothers and almost new baby mothers! very exciting!

welcome to the minnie thread tjacoby - it is fun to read what everyone is up to around here.

a little dusting of snow here, my kids are wanting more more more, hehe
Old 12-07-2008, 10:51 AM   #2083
Rubber Obsessor

Welcome, and nice blog Theresa. I am next door to you in west Bloomington.

On and off snowflakes today, but enough to put me in the Christmas spirit. I am working on some pull-card treats this afternoon while watching (and yelling at) the Vikings.

Back to it.

My NEW Blog: My Inky Pad
Old 12-07-2008, 10:57 AM   #2084
Gabfest Goddess

Hi Theresa. I'm live from Blaine (other end of the Twin Cities). Welcome! I stamp more than I scrapbook but I do scrapbook, too.

It's snowing pretty good here and I'm about to get the dogs up (we kennel them most days for a while anyway so they are used to it for work days) so they can play in it.

Take care!

Lynn
Old 12-07-2008, 02:09 PM   #2085
Die Cut Diva

Snowing here today too. The roads are also pretty slick.

I took Joey swimming today to get rid of some water weight and we also put up our tree.

He loves to turn/ plug in the lights.
Old 12-07-2008, 08:44 PM   #2086
Mad Swapper

Dh and I went shopping today and finally got all the Christmas presents bought and wrapped!
And with almost all the family here, we put up the tree and decorated around the house.

We have a John Deere tractor with a snowman sitting on the seat. The tractor is all decorated with green and yellow lights and the snowman has white twinkling lights. It's a slow traffic kind of sight to see. We get a lot of people stopping at the end of the drive to take a look and a few pics too.
We do this every year with a different tractor each time...it depends on which one of the old girls will run or need to get pulled into place.
I'll try to get a pic to post if possible.

It was a slippery drive around town and back home again today, but the plows will be out later tonight to clean it all up.
We got about 6" today...that's the most snow we've had for a long time.
At least we'll have another White Christmas again this year.
LeAne SCS#2819 & Grandma to Lindsey!
lfinlay@scicable.com
Old 12-09-2008, 03:50 PM   #2087
Gabfest Goddess

hey gals!

Been busy here. Was gone all weekend and then came home to a messy house. So spent two days cleaning and doing laundry.

Lynn I got your card thank you so much!! It was very pretty, I love that cuttlebug folder too. I use it a lot. Thank you for thinking of me for my b-day, so sweet of you hope your doing well.
Holly - SU Demo - scs #19930
My Gallery
My Blog
My Etsy Store
Old 12-09-2008, 06:32 PM   #2088
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello fellow Minnesotans. My Dh put the tree up while I was at work on Saturday. Today I spent with my oldest sister. we went to an Advent Vespers program. It was beautiful. A bit to soothing. I took a short catnap half way through. I guess I was tired. I never fall a sleep during the day.
Hugs
Joan
Old 12-09-2008, 06:58 PM   #2089
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via MSN to MaryR Send a message via Yahoo to MaryR

We haven't gotten much up for decorations - not sure why - and only a little holiday baking so far, but more planned. I really really need to get my cards sent out, though!

LeAne, your tractor sounds very fun! I love displays like yours!
Michelle, hope you're hanging in there - good luck and very exciting for your new baby SOON!
Holly, no fun to come home to clean house, eh? happy birthday!
Joan, the Advent Vespers sounds lovely.

Happy December all - more snow tonight I think.
Old 12-11-2008, 07:00 AM   #2090
Die Cut Diva

Hey MN gals - I heard last night that Scrapbooks Plus in St. Cloud is closing its doors for good just before Christmas. They are selling everything including fixtures... Right now it's all 30% off.

I can't tell you how sad this makes me. I really enjoyed the store. I feel guilty that I didn't patronize more often. I may try to make it in today or tomorrow to see what I can find.

Just thought I'd pass this along.
Old 12-11-2008, 07:14 AM   #2091
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampingdenise View Post
Hey MN gals - I heard last night that Scrapbooks Plus in St. Cloud is closing its doors for good just before Christmas. They are selling everything including fixtures... Right now it's all 30% off.

I can't tell you how sad this makes me. I really enjoyed the store. I feel guilty that I didn't patronize more often. I may try to make it in today or tomorrow to see what I can find.

Bummer. ;(
Old 12-11-2008, 07:19 AM   #2092
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josephsmom04 View Post
Bummer. ;(
I know. I'm soooo sad.
Old 12-12-2008, 01:41 PM   #2093
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi Minnesotans! I went downtown St Paul last night. Rice Park near the Library, Ordway and Excel Center is all lit up with Christmas lights. It was so beautiful. If you have time, take the kids down there. I love Christmas lights.
Joan
Old 12-12-2008, 07:14 PM   #2094
Insane Embellisher

I haven't been over here for a while. We are expecting a whopper storm in the Moorhead area - the biggest since the winter of 96/97 if the forecast proves true. Tough weekend for that since there are so many church Christmas programs and other holiday events. I have tickets to Lorie Line on Sunday at the FargoDome ... sure hope it isn't canceled. I rang the Salvation Army bell for a couple hours tonight at Hornbachers grocery store and the place was SWAMPED ... they kept running out of carts. Everyone is stocking up for the weekend. I hope to finish my Christmas cards.

I canít be overdrawn. I still have some checks!!
www.corgitales.blogspot.com
Old 12-13-2008, 03:53 AM   #2095
Gabfest Goddess

I had no idea that there was that kind of weather predicted anywhere close by. I hadn't heard of anything like that down in the cities. Maybe I'd better check weather.com!!! I hope everything is ok up there for you!
Old 12-13-2008, 05:24 AM   #2096
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampingdenise View Post

What I am so heart broken, I suppose the way the economy is right now
My Gallery
My Blog
My Etsy Store
Old 12-13-2008, 05:27 AM   #2097
Gabfest Goddess

Michelle I just want to inform you today is my b-day our we having that little one or not??? I couldn't resist, hehehe I bet your more than ready!

I heard we were supposed to get a whopper of a storm too.
My Gallery
My Blog
My Etsy Store
Old 12-13-2008, 05:59 AM   #2098
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by catrules View Post
Michelle I just want to inform you today is my b-day our we having that little one or not??? I couldn't resist, hehehe I bet your more than ready!

I heard we were supposed to get a whopper of a storm too.
Happy B-day Holly.

No such luck sorry. not unless I spuratically go into labor I just don't see it happening.

It will be Monday night for sure or atleast that's when I go into be induced. I check in at 6 pm and they are going to do cervadile. Not a good week to have a baby!!!

The rates (interest rates) came down to under 5% and Jesse has of right now 9 appraisals to do next week. I shouldn't complain because we need them but UM we pick the winter months to have babies because it's typically slower with no worries about having to be gone. Should be an interesting week!!!!
Old 12-14-2008, 10:52 AM   #2099
Crimping Master

Well, happy birthday Holly! And yep, the storm is here. We are all snug in the house, not going anywhere. Hopefully all of my family makes it home safely. My Mom is driving back to Little Falls from Bemidji, and my brother and his family have to drive to Glenwood, outside of Alexandria. They all left by 11:00 this morning. How is everyone else spending this snowy day?
Old 12-14-2008, 11:09 AM   #2100
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy Birthday Holly! Stay indoors and snuggle in.
We are getting rain, supposed to change to snow and get COLD. Well, I think that's why we stay in MN for the winters. My brother who lies in Fergus Falls said that it is wintry weather up there. Just heard that Bemidgi has below zero wind chills. Hope that everyone on the roads drives carefully and gets home safe.
The family had a get together yesterday for my nephew who is in the Navy. He had a 72 hr furlough. My sister sent him plane tickets to come home. It was great to see him. He is back on his way to the Middle Eastagain. Pray for him and all soldiers during the holidays especially.
Hugs to all
Joan
Old 12-14-2008, 12:11 PM   #2101
Gabfest Goddess

Hi Ladies. I just drove home from Archivers up at Riverdale (Coon Rapids). The temperature has gone down below 32 degrees now and I slid at just one corner (my fault, didn't allow enough braking time). The rain has turned to little ice pellets and there was ice on or driveway when I pulled in. When I got out of the car I checked the hood of my car and there's ice on it. Obviously, I'm in for the evening! I did see a lot of city trucks laying salt down at the corners. I don't work tomorrow until 9 a.m. so hopefully things will be ok by the time I have to leave!

Take care everyone!

Lynn
Old 12-14-2008, 12:19 PM   #2102
Crimping Master

Lynn, glad you are home safe. That ice can be a bit of a surprise at the corners sometimes!
It has been very cold here in Bemidji, below zero windchills, never warm enough to have freezing rain, thank God!
My Mom called about 2pm and told me they had gottne to about 7 miles north of Akeley ( about 30 miles south of Bemidji) before they slid into the guard rails and got stuck. Some kind person stopped to help them, and ended up driving them to Nevis to find a motel to stay in (Akeley doesn't have one I guess) I KNEW they chould have stayed another day. Oh, wel. They are safe, and AAA will get the car out for them when the weather and roads improve.

Is anyone using this time to do some challenges, finish Christmas cards, or just have fun creative time? I really should be, instead of just cruisin the threads, lol!
Old 12-14-2008, 12:21 PM   #2103
Crimping Master

Ack! Apparently I can't type, please disregard all the typos in the previous post. I think I need my space heater and a nice cup of cocoa!
Old 12-14-2008, 12:30 PM   #2104
Lives in a fishbowl
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzbysmom View Post
Hi Ladies. I just drove home from Archivers up at Riverdale (Coon Rapids). The temperature has gone down below 32 degrees now and I slid at just one corner (my fault, didn't allow enough braking time). The rain has turned to little ice pellets and there was ice on or driveway when I pulled in. When I got out of the car I checked the hood of my car and there's ice on it. Obviously, I'm in for the evening! I did see a lot of city trucks laying salt down at the corners. I don't work tomorrow until 9 a.m. so hopefully things will be ok by the time I have to leave!

Take care everyone!

Lynn

Could you PLEASE tell my husband it is best to stay home tonight rather than drive in to the metro for a get together for the evening...it is snowing here, the wind is strong and we can't see our neighbors house that is 2 blocks away! (normally we can see over a mile in distance!)

{Faye}

Courage doesn't always roar, sometimes it is the little voice at the end of that day that says, I will try again tomorrow.

Old 12-14-2008, 12:52 PM   #2105
Die Cut Diva

Well the hospital doesn't have WIFI so it will be awhile before I post pictures since I don't want to load them on their computers.

I should clarify that he hasn't come yet. I did do some shoveling today in hopes of getting some contrations going, but nothing stuck.

Jesse will be dropping me off tomorrow night- my bag is packed and ready to go!!!!

I'm going to try and rest as much as possible tomorrow so it will be a few days before I check in again.

Stay safe everyone!!!!
Old 12-14-2008, 01:00 PM   #2106
Gabfest Goddess

Ok, all men are STUPID (or mostly all men). My husband always says "I'm a good driver". Well, good drivers do go into ditches! I think everyone should stay home and have cocoa and popcorn or something else that's comfort food! A wonderful evening to veg! I plan on reading "Twilight" (I'm about the only person I know who hasn't read the series yet!). I think I'm up to chapter five or six.
Old 12-14-2008, 01:10 PM   #2107
Lives in a fishbowl
Proud Fan Club Member

Unfortunately my hubby knows I would enjoy the time away with friends so he is willing to take me...I would never drive myself BUT...someone else that is meeting us called from work at the airport, said Cedar is an ice rink...we are staying home...

Drinking Hot chocolate and eating homemade cookies that we were taking for refreshments!

I don't even know what "Twilight" is so don't feel that you are the last one to read the series!

{Faye}

Courage doesn't always roar, sometimes it is the little voice at the end of that day that says, I will try again tomorrow.

Old 12-14-2008, 01:14 PM   #2108
Gabfest Goddess

"Twighlight" is a book (first in a series of 4) that is extremely popular right now. The gals that I scrapbook with told me about it and have all read it so I bought book 1 and it sat for weeks and I'm just now reading it. I think most reading it are tweens but my friends are definitely adults and have read it.
Old 12-14-2008, 01:18 PM   #2109
Die Cut Diva

I finished the first book in the Twillight series a couple of months ago and am hoping for the rest of the books to arrive from Santa Claus. The books are very addicting!!! You will love it!!
Old 12-14-2008, 01:19 PM   #2110
Die Cut Diva

Good luck Michelle! Hope it all goes well!
Old 12-14-2008, 01:35 PM   #2111
Glitter Queen

Default MN

Hi everyone. I'm from Forest Lake. It definitely is a good day to stay home and drink some hot cocoa. Roads are slick and nasty. Take care.
Old 12-14-2008, 03:36 PM   #2112
Insane Embellisher

It's horrible up here in Moorhead. The highways are all closed. Lorie Line even canceled her concert at the FargoDome this afternoon. We have a foot of new snow and have had 40 mph winds all day. No point in trying to dig out before the wind dies down which will be tomorrow. My boss called a while ago and said it was an official 'snow day' tomorrow (free day off ..yes!!) I have been working on finishing my Christmas cards (100 hand stamped) and now am going to switch gears and bake some pumpkin bread. My 'girls' (corgis) have gone out to go potty a couple times but come right back in and that's unusual for them as they LOVE the snow but with this wind, it is just too cold even for them. I've got candles lit all over the house and it's been a pretty cozy day.
Attached Thumbnails
merry-christmas.jpg  

Last edited by Princess Dee; 12-14-2008 at 03:44 PM..
Old 12-14-2008, 04:29 PM   #2113
Crimping Master

Beth, not only handstamped but handcolored too! And do I spy little corgis in that image
I just took a little nap on the couch, which I never do while working days. It felt really good, and now I am recharged to come cruise and create.
I don't know how much snow we ended up with so far, but I don't think it was a foot. We were predicted to get 7-11 inches today then another 3+ inches tonight. We'll see.
Congrats on the snow day!
Old 12-14-2008, 05:35 PM   #2114
Mad Swapper

Default Hey

Hey Minnesotans!! I'm in Chaska, and it is a nasty night here too. Not a lot of snow, but the rain turned to ice around 2pm and the wind is howling!!! I already told my boss I would be late to work tomorrow as I am driving the kids to school. I am not letting them go to the bus stop with -30 degree wind chills. Yikes!!!!

Hope everyone stays warm and dry!!!!!

Stampin' Up! Demo...and lovin' it!!!
I'd love for you to check out my blog: http://www.atouchfromtheheart.typepad.com/
http://www.pattichesky.stampinup.net
Old 12-15-2008, 05:15 AM   #2115
Insane Embellisher

The morning light revealed a 5 foot drift in my driveway! Ugh. I have a small Toro snowblower but there's no way it will tackle this. I'll have to break it down in pieces. It's -11 here with windchills down around -40. I guess I know how I'll be spending my snow day!

Old 12-15-2008, 05:36 AM   #2116
Gabfest Goddess

hello everyone.

Michelle good luck and I will be saying prayers for you sweetie

Tanya good to see you on here! Wow scary about your parents. Yep they should have stayed another day for sure.

We did get the worst storm in a long time we got about 2 feet of snow instead of the 10 inches perdicted. The wind was soo bad that we have 3 feet to 4 feet drifts. So I will be spending the day shovling here
My Gallery
My Blog
My Etsy Store
Old 12-15-2008, 07:32 AM   #2117
Crimping Master

HI back Holly! I have been reading the posts on the fly in my email, but haven't had time lately to actually post myself, work, family, etc. I know you all understand
I'll call my mom again this morning to make sure they are not completely stranded, they are actually about half way between my house and Holly's, I think.
I don't know how cold it is outside, but my #3 child (16 y/o DS) was already out shoveling for about 1 hour this morning. I think he got about 1/8 of the driveway done. Yes, it's a long driveway. Good tthing there are 6 of us able to shovel, and my hubby and I don't work until tomorrow. Hey, did I mention my hubby got a job last month!!!! Yippee! He is now working at Riverview Hospital in Crookston as Med/surg and Labor and Delivery nurse. How awesome is that! It is 90 miles from home, but he works three 12 hour shifts a week, and can stay in a house the hospital owns across the street for $5/night (or day if working nights ) so ultimately he won't be using any more gas than I do to go to work.
Old 12-16-2008, 04:56 AM   #2118
Gabfest Goddess

Tanya that is so wonderful!! I am glad he got a job especially with how bad the economy is right now. I figured your were busy, miss chatting with you but more than understand!

My day yesterday was a nightmare. I couldn't get out to mom and dads until 4pm when they finally plowed mom and dads road. Errr Getting down the driveway was interesting but I made it. Then I couldn't get the plow to work, another long story and nightmare. Then their waterpump froze up, one of the watering tanks froze up completely, the stupid water spiget that I fixed on sat. froze up and broke, then to top it off broke one of the hoses to water the cows with! I gave up called my step father in law to come plow some paths to get my mom and dad out to go to work today. Then in all of this my dad is struggling so hard to walk in waist deep snow, he started to really have problems breathing and scared the living crap out of me and my mom. Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh what a day!!! All of this in -21 below weather. Someone tell me why I still live in MN?? (My dh was at work of course too)

So today I am heading over to the farm and try to take care of everything I broke.

I also found out my dad has not had an angeo gram done yet. So now I am really concerned that he might have blockage and it pretty much would explain all of his symptoms. Of course he doesn't see the doc. until Jan. 14th, life this year sure hasn't been dull around here!

I hope you all have a great and safe week, I got a lot to get done this week so won't be on the computer much.

Tanya hope your parents make it home safe too, they our only 11 miles from my house if their still in Nevis.
My Gallery
My Blog
My Etsy Store
Old 12-17-2008, 03:37 AM   #2119
Crimping Master

Holly, my parents made it home at about 3pm on Monday, finally! Turns out the car was towed away on Sunday before the AAA guy could do it , which they discovered when the AAA guy came to tow the car. It had been taken to Hackensack! So they stayed in Nevis overnight at the Welcome Inn, then the place that towed the car came and got them. It cost $250 to get the car back! Ugghh!
Wow, you had a rotten day on Monday. I hope today goes better. It's a little warmer this morning It's only -10 at my house, lol!
We have alot of contract (temporary) staff at the hospital, and the ones that live in some of the other northern states (other than North Dakota) think they are prepared for our weather. They never are, we are so much colder for so much longer, I guess. We have a pharmacist from Michigan here now, and he told me yesterday morning that he couldn't believe how much more bitter the cold is! He had driven his car here and thought he had it winterized, but it's sitting in the parking lot, not starting. He didn't know that the bitter cold drains your battery, (his battery hasn't been replaced in over 6 years) and wondered if it would really be worth it to get a magnetic oil pan heater someone else suggested if he was only going to be here another 2 weeks (he doesn't have a block heater). I did of course tell him they are pretty inexpensive and if he wants to drive his car in the next 2 weeks, it would definitely be worth it.
And my daughter's school had their pipes freeze on Monday so she has no school until Thursday at least! Now she can tend the woodstoves at home while she does homework.
Ah, winter. So much idle time huh. NOT!
Old 12-17-2008, 05:21 AM   #2120
Gabfest Goddess

Tanya wow! I am glad they made it home safe though! If that ever happens again I have an extra room and bed they would more than be welcome here.

Yesterday went a lot better. lol Hubby is off today so he is going to go help me finish up out there.

Have a good day ladies
My Gallery
My Blog
My Etsy Store