Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-01-2007, 06:04 AM   #921
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Pen Pal Group

Mine are in the mail. Sorry they are a little late. I will do better this month. I have enjoyed the cards so far. Great job everyone.
Old 10-01-2007, 06:34 AM   #922
Gabfest Goddess

Morning ladies!

I got happy mail! I got cards from the following. Vicki, Lisa B, Karyn. I loved your cards ladies! Thank you!

I got my brother moved to willmar on thur and friday, then spent all day sat cutting firewood. Sun I didn't move from the couch unless I had too! LOL
I have another busy week, I have two events for this week to get ready for.
Then thurs and friday I am going back down to willmar to help my brother unpack and set up his apartment. So yeah another long week. Hope you all have a great one!
Holly - SU Demo - scs #19930
My Gallery
My Blog
My Etsy Store
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-01-2007, 06:42 AM   #923
Kookie Creator

Good Morning!

Holly I just heard on Fox9 News that Park Rapids is having to boil the water before they drink it does this affect you? I can't imagine with all of the hard work you have already been doing to add one more thing to your list. I hope you are well.
I am off to finish some cards for a swap and get them in the mail hopefully today. Talk to you all soon!
Karyn Angel #3922 Being an ANGEL is just more fun!
my space The New Cattie is out contact me for information!

Last edited by bkwarren; 10-01-2007 at 06:51 AM.. Reason: typo
Old 10-01-2007, 11:18 AM   #924
Cardstock Collector

Default Hello, from Garfield Minnesota

My name is Melissa and I have been stampin' and scrappin' for about five years now. I live in a small town near Alexandria, MN. Good to know you all.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:22 AM   #925
Gabfest Goddess

Hi Melissa and welcome!
My Gallery
My Blog
My Etsy Store
Old 10-01-2007, 11:24 AM   #926
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkwarren View Post
Good Morning!

Holly I just heard on Fox9 News that Park Rapids is having to boil the water before they drink it does this affect you? I can't imagine with all of the hard work you have already been doing to add one more thing to your list. I hope you are well.
I am off to finish some cards for a swap and get them in the mail hopefully today. Talk to you all soon!
Yep it is true, thankfully I don't live in town. I am about 7 miles out. However for my cleaning business some of my clients live in town and yeah not fun. I had to make sure to use bleach with everything if I used water. Their talking like 7 days before its drinkable again.
My Gallery
My Blog
My Etsy Store
Old 10-01-2007, 02:47 PM   #927
Gallery Gazer

Send a message via AIM to jlbech

Hi melissa, Karyn and I are going to a Womens Retreat in Alex this weekend, and I cant wait! It is at Lake Geneva and it has a spa theme, I am leaving thursday so I can have an extra day in the hot tub and to relax with no obligations.......no working, no kids, no hubby! Plus I love the dollar store up there, they always have great scrapbooking bargains......(we go to this camp several times a year...I mean my family, not Karyn and I) nyway last time they had whisper stamps from sugarloaf for only $2.00! The big wild life ones that are the size of a background stamp! I almost did cartwheels down the isle
Matthew 6:34 “So don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today."
Old 10-02-2007, 01:08 PM   #928
Gabfest Goddess

Hello!

Dawn I got your cards today. Thank you for both of them. How did you do the brown background on your blessings card. Did you do it with chalk?
I liked your idea with the brad on the Santa card. I have that set and I just crack up every time I see it.
My Gallery
My Blog
My Etsy Store
Old 10-02-2007, 01:11 PM   #929
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlbech View Post
Hi melissa, Karyn and I are going to a Womens Retreat in Alex this weekend, and I cant wait! It is at Lake Geneva and it has a spa theme, I am leaving thursday so I can have an extra day in the hot tub and to relax with no obligations.......no working, no kids, no hubby! Plus I love the dollar store up there, they always have great scrapbooking bargains......(we go to this camp several times a year...I mean my family, not Karyn and I) nyway last time they had whisper stamps from sugarloaf for only $2.00! The big wild life ones that are the size of a background stamp! I almost did cartwheels down the isle
Shut up, no way they had them for $2.00 what a deal!!! Anyways I hope you have fun!
My Gallery
My Blog
My Etsy Store
Old 10-04-2007, 09:54 AM   #930
Kookie Creator

Have a great weekend Ladies! I am off to be pampered. Yahoo!! Blessings!
Old 10-07-2007, 08:04 AM   #931
Rubber Obsessor

Wink Thanks!

Thanks,Holly, for the feedback on the cards. The Blessings card was something that I just "stumbled" upon. I learned how to do the poppin' pastels technique a few weeks back, but didn't have any chalks. I went out and bought some stick pastels from wallmart and found that they definitely didn't work like the chalks do . So here's what I did (bit messy but I liked the effect) took brown-toned cardstock and put streaks of different colored pastels down and then smudged them together. Next, I inked the stamp with versamark and stamped my images.
The messy part it that you need to clean the stamp between inkings with the versamark. I didn't do this and got a lot of the pastel into my versamark (sort of ruined the pad). Luckily, it was an old pad. I would definitely be sure to clean the pastel off your stamps after each image.
I'm working on some Halloween cards for this month! I just love getting my cards in the mail.

Happy stamping!
Dawn
Old 10-08-2007, 10:17 AM   #932
Gabfest Goddess

Afternoon!

Rhonda I got your card cute I love the headgehogs.

I got mine out to you today for Oct. so be watching for some scary mail! LOL

Hey I was wondering have any of you ever done any tip of craft shows? I was thinking about it but not sure how to find the list of craft shows. I did a search on the internet but comes up with stuff from 2005. I know my town has one coming up in Nov but I can't find it list anywhere.
My Gallery
My Blog
My Etsy Store
Old 10-08-2007, 08:27 PM   #933
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Location: At the end of a dead end dirt road, in the middle of no where!
Default Lattice

Quote:
Originally Posted by cknodel View Post
Hi Pen Pal friends!! I love getting all the cards in the mail. I actually look forward to going to my mailbox now. I don't know about you, but I always try to figure out the techniques used. Vikki, how did you do the lattice section of your card? It's really cool! Michelle and Holly J, your cards are beautiful as well! Isn't this all so much fun!
Sorry I haven't been on here for a week! I thought I was keeping up with all the threads...uff da!

Last edited by vikkijo; 05-13-2008 at 09:09 AM..
Old 10-08-2007, 08:36 PM   #934
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Location: At the end of a dead end dirt road, in the middle of no where!

Welcome Jen and Melissa!
I have to giggle..this thread is so full of chatty friendships, swaps, clubs and get togethers, yet we are only at 933 Posts.
The dorks (my true calling! LOL) has gone over the alotted 5000 posts and had to move tp thread #4 now.
We talk way too much! LOL
If my counting is right we are at 123 Minnesotans!!!
Old 10-09-2007, 02:05 PM   #935
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by catrules View Post
I got mine out to you today for Oct. so be watching for some scary mail! LOL
Holly, I got your card today it is super cute!

Next weekend I am going to be up in your area for a scrapbooking retreat at the Wild Rose Inn. Should be fun! I don't hardly ever leave home and this month I get to go to two retreats.
Old 10-09-2007, 02:36 PM   #936
Rubber Obsessor

Default Thank you for sharing!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikkijo View Post
Sorry I haven't been on here for a week! I thought I was keeping up with all the threads...uff da!
Thank you so much for the lattice instruction sheet. I'm excited to try this technique!
Old 10-09-2007, 02:38 PM   #937
Rubber Obsessor

Does anyone have any Christmas fliers they'd be willing to share for a class? Thanks!

Corine
Old 10-10-2007, 07:07 AM   #938
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Holly, I got your card today it is super cute!

Next weekend I am going to be up in your area for a scrapbooking retreat at the Wild Rose Inn. Should be fun! I don't hardly ever leave home and this month I get to go to two retreats.

OMG Thats like not even 10 miles from my home! I didn't even know it was here! I was looking into building one of these last summer. My hubby and father thought I was off my rocker for wanting to do that! Look at her schedule she is booked almost every weekend until oct 2008. I showed both of them this last night guess who is laughing now. How did you ever find this place? They have one in Bemidji too. How fun!!! I hope you get a lot done and have lots of fun too!!!!
My Gallery
My Blog
My Etsy Store
Old 10-10-2007, 07:50 AM   #939
Kookie Creator

Quote:
OMG Thats like not even 10 miles from my home! I didn't even know it was here! I was looking into building one of these last summer. My hubby and father thought I was off my rocker for wanting to do that! Look at her schedule she is booked almost every weekend until oct 2008. I showed both of them this last night guess who is laughing now. How did you ever find this place? They have one in Bemidji too. How fun!!! I hope you get a lot done and have lots of fun too!!!!
A friend of mine is a consultant for Creative Memories and she and another lady do this retreat together for their customers. I was just fortunate enough to get invited along this year by my other friend which is the consultant's SIL. It is costing about $120, but that is for everything even my meals. I only have to bring an appetizer to share for the one night.
Maybe you should still look into doing it (the retreat center) quilting and knitting and some of the other hand crafts could be included I know that it would probably be a success for you.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:06 AM   #940
Gallery Gazer

Hi Karyn glad to see you are excited about the retreat! I spent 3 yes 3 hours side tracked putting pics in my power sort and still have a drawer full and a laundry basket full to sort. Any idas what you will be bringing to work on? I am debating on bringing some things to work on sat while we are at the crop day
Matthew 6:34 “So don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today."
Old 10-11-2007, 09:55 AM   #941
Gabfest Goddess

Hello!

I hope you both have a great time!!!
My Gallery
My Blog
My Etsy Store
Old 10-11-2007, 01:50 PM   #942
Matboard Maniac

Talking Birthday Thanks!

To all of my splitcoast sisters from Minnesota who made my birthday so special--THANK YOU!!! My mailbox had happy mail on Friday, Saturday (my birthday) and again more on Tuesday. Every card was absolutely gorgeous. Thanks to vikkijo, corey, bkwarren, jlbech, tackertwosome (awesome watercoloring btw--everyone who I show that card to is blown away!), cabinstamper1, dotty, kinseykitty, lastminutestamper, and someone who didn't sign the beautiful bookmark card! Hugs to each of you for all the smiles!

SU Demo
Old 10-11-2007, 01:58 PM   #943
Matboard Maniac

On the 20th I'm going to an all-day CM crop here in Rochester, NY. This is only my second crop and I'm so excited. Have any of you ordered the limited edition Paislely Punch? I can't wait to get mine--plus is has a lever handle like the SU punches!! My hubby has grad school that day, so I made arrangements for the kids and away I go. I need to go through my digital pictures and put together a plan so I can get some pages done!!

Each person who attends will also be putting together a page for memory albums for three little boys who lost their mom in a motorcycle accident early last month. She had just gotten into scrapbooking, bought all of the supplies, organized her pictures and was planning to start an album for each of her boys. My CM Consultant is a good friend of the family and offered to take this project on.

Have a great evening everyone! It's very cloudy and cool here in NY--finally.

SU Demo
Old 10-11-2007, 02:38 PM   #944
Gallery Gazer

Ann I have the new paisley punch and LOVE it way cute.........I have used it for scrapbooking, now I am waiting to see if any of the creative gals on SCS use it for cards so I can get some new ideas!

Holly thanks for the well wishes on the scrapbooking retreat next weekend, I cant wait, I have been on almost every retreat my SIL has......this will be my second time at Nevus......Karyn and I are both going to an all day scrap on Saturday as vendors......she is selling TAC, and I have an online srcapbooking store.......so Please everyone pray for good sales for the 2 of us!
Old 10-11-2007, 04:47 PM   #945
Gabfest Goddess

Are you doing the all day scrap at this retreat? What's your online store?
My Gallery
My Blog
My Etsy Store
Old 10-11-2007, 04:54 PM   #946
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5-A-Day View Post
On the 20th I'm going to an all-day CM crop here in Rochester, NY. This is only my second crop and I'm so excited. Have any of you ordered the limited edition Paislely Punch? I can't wait to get mine--plus is has a lever handle like the SU punches!! My hubby has grad school that day, so I made arrangements for the kids and away I go. I need to go through my digital pictures and put together a plan so I can get some pages done!!

Each person who attends will also be putting together a page for memory albums for three little boys who lost their mom in a motorcycle accident early last month. She had just gotten into scrapbooking, bought all of the supplies, organized her pictures and was planning to start an album for each of her boys. My CM Consultant is a good friend of the family and offered to take this project on.

Have a great evening everyone! It's very cloudy and cool here in NY--finally.

Those poor little boys. How sad. My cousin was killed in a car accident 6 years ago. She was on her way to school, she was only 17. It still feels like yesterday. I know what they are going through.

That is awsome that she is putting this scrapbook together for them. I've been thinking about doing one for my aunt and uncle in remeberance of their daughter. I wasn't sure if it would help them. We put on a basketball tournament every april at the Laporte school for fundraising a scholarship in her memory. That day is always rough for my uncle. So I wasn't sure about the scrapbook.
My Gallery
My Blog
My Etsy Store
Old 10-12-2007, 07:20 AM   #947
Gallery Gazer

No at the retreat Karyn and I are just "retreaters", Holly I was going to ask you if you can recommend a place to eat up there? My SIL and I and hopefully Karyn will be leaving early about 7am and plan on just going out for lunchIs there something you recommend?
Old 10-16-2007, 05:47 AM   #948
Gabfest Goddess

Hey ladies!

I hope you had a great weekend at your retreat! Sorry I didn't get back to you in time. I was on in the morning then we had a good friend pass away so I didn't get back on until Sat.

You'll have to give us all the details
My Gallery
My Blog
My Etsy Store
Old 10-16-2007, 08:34 AM   #949
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Hey ladies!

I hope you had a great weekend at your retreat! Sorry I didn't get back to you in time. I was on in the morning then we had a good friend pass away so I didn't get back on until Sat.

We don't leave until this coming friday so any suggestions are appreciated.

I am offline due to moving ao I am at the library to check the email I will chat at you all soon.
Old 10-16-2007, 10:53 AM   #950
Pearl-ExPert

I've been meaning to post this ever since I saw it at the State Fair.

The Ten Commandments Minneaota Style

1. Der's only one God, ya know.

2. Don't make dat fish on yer mantle an idol.

3. Cussing ain't Minnesota nice.

4. Go to church -- even when yer up nort.

5. Honor yer folks.

6. Don't kill. Catch and release.

7. Der's only one Lena fer every Ole. No cheatin!

8. If it ain't yer Lutefisk, don't take it.

9. Don't be braggin' about how much snow ya shoveled.

10. Keep yer mind off yer neighbor's hotdish.
Old 10-16-2007, 12:37 PM   #951
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by clee1953 View Post
I've been meaning to post this ever since I saw it at the State Fair.

The Ten Commandments Minneaota Style

1. Der's only one God, ya know.

2. Don't make dat fish on yer mantle an idol.

3. Cussing ain't Minnesota nice.

4. Go to church -- even when yer up nort.

5. Honor yer folks.

6. Don't kill. Catch and release.

7. Der's only one Lena fer every Ole. No cheatin!

8. If it ain't yer Lutefisk, don't take it.

9. Don't be braggin' about how much snow ya shoveled.

10. Keep yer mind off yer neighbor's hotdish.

VERY CUTE!!!!

I love #10- too funny.
Old 10-16-2007, 01:01 PM   #952
Pearl-ExPert

Oops, I forgot to edit - misspelling Minnesota is not part of the 'joke'.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:17 AM   #953
Gallery Gazer

Default Yep if you have a restaruant suggestion we would love it!

Quote:
Hey ladies!

Old 10-17-2007, 06:20 AM   #954
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
We don't leave until this coming friday so any suggestions are appreciated.

I am offline due to moving ao I am at the library to check the email I will chat at you all soon.
Ohh. Lets see In Nevis their is a little cafe like thing. I have never ate their but some of my clients from that way have and they like not sure of the name it's off of 34. Good greif I can't remeber what street its on even. I know you turn off 34 and drive past the bank and gas station. Nevis itself isn't right on 34. Park Rapids has the following Subway, Rocky's pizza (the best place in the world), Pizza Hut. Uptown has a few little sandwich places not sure of the name they are kind of new and I haven't checked them out yet. I know one is like a coffee shop that serves sandwiches. West of town is a restraunt called West Forty they serve burgers, sandwiches and dinners. Thats were we eat the most. Don't go into the place called wimps very scary Hope that helps some, I hope you ladies have a great weekend! I am heading out of town on Fri. or I would say I could meet you for lunch some were. Oh yeah their is a lot of construction going on in Park Rapids some detours. Just a warning.
My Gallery
My Blog
My Etsy Store
Old 10-17-2007, 01:59 PM   #955
Polyshrink Goddess

Hello MN girls!
I'm wondering if any of you can give me some suggestions on some Stamp/Scrapbook retreat facilities in MN. Or, places that have large spaces with tables and chairs for use. I'd like to put something together for my friends and customers this winter, something cheap. Maybe someplace that has activities for Non-stampers that might want to join us.

Thanks!
Old 10-18-2007, 12:55 PM   #956
Rubber Obsessor

Lisa,

When do you go?

What is the name of your online store?

Angela needs some lime green rhinestones.

Thanks....Michele (also from Milaca)

Hey Karyn, how is moving going?
Old 10-18-2007, 01:02 PM   #957
Die Cut Diva

ATTENTION ALL SU! DEMOS IN THE AREA...

There is a Craft Fair/ Women's Expo on November 10th and they are looking for a Stampin' Up! demo.

Contact me for the phone number and information on how to be a vendor. The cost is $50 for your 8 x 10 area. This would be a fantastic opportunity for you to get some more business and sell some homemade cards for Christmas!
Old 10-18-2007, 01:03 PM   #958
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josephsmom04 View Post
ATTENTION ALL SU! DEMOS IN THE AREA...

There is a Craft Fair/ Women's Expo on November 10th and they are looking for a Stampin' Up! demo.

Contact me for the phone number and information on how to be a vendor. The cost is $50 for your 8 x 10 area. This would be a fantastic opportunity for you to get some more business and sell some homemade cards for Christmas!

Sorry I should add the the Craft/ Vendor fair is in Rogers at the High School.
Old 10-19-2007, 06:53 AM   #959
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josephsmom04 View Post
Sorry I should add the the Craft/ Vendor fair is in Rogers at the High School.
Dang - to far north for me! I'd love to find one my area! I'd really have to get a move on projects though!
Old 10-19-2007, 07:41 AM   #960
Die Cut Diva

anyone interested in the Vendor fair?