Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-27-2006, 02:04 PM   #41
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Location: At the end of a dead end dirt road, in the middle of no where!

Hey Missy! Glad you popped in. Have you seen Jean's idea for a b'day card list???
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-27-2006, 02:12 PM   #42
Mad Swapper

Love this thread....didn't know there were soooo many MN's. It's Great!!!!
My DH is from a little town just north of Grand Rapids, MN....called Bovey. It's about 40 minutes south of Hibbing!
I've been a demo for 10 Years.....just had my anniversary! I love to stamp and started stamping when I had cancer. I bought my kit as a present to myself when my cancer was gone!
I just passed that 10 year anniversary too!!!! Yippeeeeeeee!
LeAne SCS#2819 & Grandma to Lindsey!
lfinlay@scicable.com
Old 11-27-2006, 02:12 PM   #43
Mad Swapper

Darn it...I forgot to add that I would love to join the swap!
LeAne SCS#2819 & Grandma to Lindsey!
lfinlay@scicable.com
Old 11-27-2006, 02:17 PM   #44
Matboard Maniac

Hey another MN from way up north. Thief River Falls says hello.
Old 11-27-2006, 03:20 PM   #45

Congrats LeAne, thats really great!
Isn't it amazing how many are form MN on SCS? I just love seeing all the different town names come up and I even know where there are. I lived in Baudette for a short time, my dads whole family started out in Alverado in 1908, then moved up to the border.
Welcome Dianne!
Old 11-27-2006, 03:49 PM   #46
Mad Swapper

Hey! I'm from Hutchinson - 1 hour south of St.Cloud. It is fun to see where you all are from! I recognize so many towns! I grew up in Roseau, up by the Canadian border. So - Hi, Diane from Thief River Falls!!
Old 11-28-2006, 04:55 AM   #47
Insane Embellisher

Hello, All!!

I'm from Northfield, MN (though I did grow up in SE MN by Preston).

Oh, and as far as the MN SCS get-together's go. . . I know that there have been a few that have happened over the past couple of years--usually one a year, or so. . . I think there may have been two this year, as there was a group that also got together at the SU! Regionals. . .names are escaping me at the moment for the folks that usually put those together!

Gald to see all of you!

(P.S. Michelle--thanks for mentioning this thread to me!)

You know, I really don't want people to spoil my delusions with reality.
Old 11-28-2006, 05:35 AM   #48
Mad Swapper

Send a message via MSN to mndnco

Good morning!
I'm in St. Paul, grew up in Stillwater, been stamping for about 15 years and a Stampin' Up! demo for almost 2 years.
I would love to the birthday card "swap" too!

(waving: Hi Michelle! Hi Pam! Hi LeAnne!)

Look what I can do! (my gallery)
Old 11-28-2006, 07:10 AM   #49
Stampin' Fool

Send a message via Yahoo to Alcojo94

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbf
I'm also from Bemidji. Sue introduced me to stamping several years ago. Hope to do some stamping today after I get a couple pies baked and the turkey in the oven (we're eating our Thanksgiving meal for supper). Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
Barb
My best friend lives in Fertile MN and she loves Bemidji.She says its very pretty there!
Old 11-28-2006, 09:59 AM   #50
Cardstock Collector

Hi there! My homestead is in Cottage Grove, just south of Woodbury. I'm primarily a stamper (since 2002) and try my hand at scrapbooking. It takes me so long to think of what I want to do, usually a little card is all I have time for. I work full time, have 2 great kids and my DH travels for work (about 70% of the time including weekends). Needless to say, time to stamp is hard to come by! I would love to get together with a group and stamp, but it's so hard to schedule as I never know when my DH will be home to watch the kids or take them to their activities. We can always do it at my house, but space is an issue. My stamping space is an old computer desk that is about 2.5 feet wide by 1.75 feet deep. I make due by keeping it very neat and only working on one project at a time. Kitchen table is available if you don't mind 2 kids joining in on the fun! My daughter is very skilled at stamping. My son likes the dinosaur stamps I've purchased.

I would love to be part of the birthday card exhange, but what is PM? Post message? If so, how do you do this? This is the first item I've ever replied to something as well and haven't uploaded any cards. My only access to the internet is at the library or at work.

Happy Stamping!
Old 11-28-2006, 12:56 PM   #51
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampingdenise
My MIL and FIL both graduated from there in the 50s.... can't remember the year but it was the same class as Bob Dylan. The family joke is that my FIL's singing group beat Bob Dylan in the talent contest that year. My hubby's cousins (on both sides) still live in the area. What year did you graduate? My MIL's maiden name is Fena, if that rings any bells.

My DH's godmother lives in Virginia. She's 93 years old and still sharp as a tack. We try to visit her once a year as well. This year she bought us potica from the bakery in Virginia. Yum.
I did graduate with a Fena...Tom in '83. A relative maybe? I have no idea where he is now.

Ahhhh, potica...my husband loves that. I have aquired a taste for it.

Are you getting any weather where you are? Just lots of rain up here.

Kristyn
Old 11-29-2006, 04:17 AM   #52
Mad Swapper

Send a message via MSN to mndnco

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocoholic
Hi there! My homestead is in Cottage Grove, just south of Woodbury. I'm primarily a stamper (since 2002) and try my hand at scrapbooking. It takes me so long to think of what I want to do, usually a little card is all I have time for. I work full time, have 2 great kids and my DH travels for work (about 70% of the time including weekends). Needless to say, time to stamp is hard to come by! I would love to get together with a group and stamp, but it's so hard to schedule as I never know when my DH will be home to watch the kids or take them to their activities. We can always do it at my house, but space is an issue. My stamping space is an old computer desk that is about 2.5 feet wide by 1.75 feet deep. I make due by keeping it very neat and only working on one project at a time. Kitchen table is available if you don't mind 2 kids joining in on the fun! My daughter is very skilled at stamping. My son likes the dinosaur stamps I've purchased.

I would love to be part of the birthday card exhange, but what is PM? Post message? If so, how do you do this? This is the first item I've ever replied to something as well and haven't uploaded any cards. My only access to the internet is at the library or at work.

Happy Stamping!
A PM is a private message. If you click on the posters name, a box will open with a list of options. One option will be "Send (poster's name) a private message". Click on that and you will be able to send a pm!
If you look at the top right of the page you will see: "Welcome Chocoholic"
Click on that for private messages, editing your profile and a list of the threads you are subscribed to (by responding to a thread, you subscribe).
Hope that was helpful!

Look what I can do! (my gallery)
Old 11-29-2006, 06:47 AM   #53
Rubber Obsessor

We have 8 people so far that have signed up for the birthday card swap. (See post #33.) This is really a fun swap to participate in--especially on your birthday! Everyone else sends YOU a birthday card! Any other's interested?

Jean
Old 11-29-2006, 09:08 AM   #54
Die Cut Diva

Hey all, I'm a native Minnesotan (born and raised in Fridley!). I currently live in Burnsville and my DH and I are moving to South St. Paul early next year to our first house! We're really excited! I've been a SU demo for a little over a year and have been crafting just about all my life. I've been buying SU stuff for about 2-3 years now. Nice to see all my fellow MN gals over here!
Old 11-30-2006, 05:44 AM   #55
Glitter Queen

Hi ladies, my name is Sandy Carlson and I live in Moorhead (across the border from Fargo). I am so grateful to have sound Splitcoast and all you ladies are just wonderful!! I look forward to maybe getting together with everyone sometime. Minneapolis is just a few hours away....maybe a good meeting place. Thanks ladies for all your inspiration!! Blessings to you all,
Sandy
Old 11-30-2006, 05:55 AM   #56
Die Cut Diva

if we do want to get together, i'd be happy to help coordinate something in central mn, since I'm in St Cloud. Might make it easier for everyone to attend? I know there have been get togethers in the Twin Cities in the past, but I've never been able to make them. And I know the Cities can be kind of far for those farther outstate.

What do you think about finding a retreat center to spend a day at? Maybe in the spring, after SellABration is over?
Old 11-30-2006, 06:32 AM   #57
Rubber Obsessor

Talking

Good morning MN Stampers! I just found this thread and had to join in. I'm also in St. Cloud (Hi Denise!). I think a get-together would be great! I vote for St. Cloud! Road trip to Crafts Direct and I don't have to drive as far (I have horses and it takes me about 2 hours to do chores every morning so that shortens my day unless I can talk my DH into doing everything!) Let me know if I can help with the planning...
Old 11-30-2006, 09:39 AM   #58
Die Cut Diva

I think St. Cloud would be a great meeting place- and not because I live here but it's a central location for almost everyone.

People coming from the cities on have about an hour and a half to drive and people from farther north 2-3 hours instead of more...

Denise, I can also help plan if you would like...

P.S. are you liking your Chocolate Chip walls yet?
Old 11-30-2006, 09:43 AM   #59
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josephsmom04
P.S. are you liking your Chocolate Chip walls yet?
LOL! Yes! I actually do like them now that the paint has dried! DH doesn't, but that's just too bad.
Old 11-30-2006, 12:25 PM   #60
Cardstock Collector

Hi, my name is Lori and i'm a stampaholic. I live in Ham Lake which is north on 35W to Forest Lake and hang a left. I have a beautiful 2 year old daughter and a baby due in April. I have stamped for 5 years and been a SU demo for 1 year. I love to stamp cards and scrapbook. Mostly I just play around until an idea comes into my head. And I am addicted to this website. I love the ideas and friendliness.
Hope everyone had a great Turkey day and didn't get trampled by the crowds on Friday.

Lori
Old 11-30-2006, 01:56 PM   #61
Rubber Obsessor

St. Cloud would be a great location! If you need any help, let me know! I would probably vote for the early part of April--you know, after the snow should be done flying--if it ever comes this year!

Jean
Old 11-30-2006, 03:02 PM   #62
Inking Addict

Hi fellow MN stampers. I'm Colleen from Shoreview, 7 miles from both Mpls. and St. Paul. I have been stamping since I was 8 and I'm not sick of it yet. There is always something new to try. I'm and SU demo and love it. It's so nice to be able to get super excited about paper and have other people understand.
Old 11-30-2006, 05:47 PM   #63
Inking Addict

Default I'm here too!

Hi all! I'm Kristi in St. Cloud, a new demo. I have lived in Denver and Boise for the past 12 years, and just relocated back to MN 2 1/2 months ago. thank goodness it's been a nice winter, so we get to ease back into things! I mainly scrapbook. I would LOVE to schedule a day/weekend at one of the retreats--I found nearly 10 of them that are right here in central/northern MN. Some of you I chatted with prior to moving here, and I apologize for not getting to meet you yet, but with a 14 month old, getting the house settled, getting work settled, I haven't had time to do much chatting on this site, just lurking for ideas. Looking forward to meeting you in person somewhere!
Kristi
Old 11-30-2006, 08:18 PM   #64
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Hello from Rita - a Fellow Minnesotan

Hi - I should be heading to bed so I can get up in the morning for work but ran across this thread. Sounds like we have most of the state covered in one way or another.

I grew up in Owatonna which is south of the Twin Cities on 35W. I have lived in the Twin Cities for many many years. I live in Richfield kiddy corner across the freeways from Mall of America and Ikea.

I have a sister who lives in St. Cloud (actually Sartell - a suburb of St. Clourd) and has some awesome community rooms in her Apartment Complex. It would be a great place to get together for a day of stamping and scrapping. The community rooms have a kitchen - stove, microwave, refrigerator - its own bathroom, and lots of room. I certainly am willing to coordinate a get together there for all of us Minnesota stampers.

I've also sent off my email re: the Birthday Swap.

Happy Stamping and Scrapping (and hi Missy!!)

rita
Old 11-30-2006, 08:40 PM   #65
Compulsive Stamper

Hello, my name is Anne and I live in Robbinsdale - about 2 minutes west of downtown Minneapolis. I have been stamping 10+ years and a demonstrator for 6 1/2. I am getting into scrapbooking more and more as time goes. I just removed all the pictures/scrapbooks from my parent's house and will be creating books for each sibling and my parents (total of 7 books). My mom also had pictures that her mother gave her before she died - some from the 1920s and 1930s.

I would love to join the birthday swap - it would be an awesome excuse to make cards!!!

Anne
Old 12-01-2006, 05:56 AM   #66
Die Cut Diva

Hey ladies - 'specially those of you in Central MN - I picked up the class schedule for Crafts Direct last night. They are having an all-day scrap on Saturday Dec 16th. Is anyone interested? I know it gets tough before the holidays, but I thought a pre-planned event like that might get us a chance to sit down together and meet for real before we plan a bigger event, kwim?

So, if anyone is interested, send me a PM, and I'll go from there.
Old 12-02-2006, 04:34 PM   #67

Minnesota Brthday cards....check out Jeans post #33!!!
Welcome all the new ladies! WOW! I still can't get over how many there are in SCS that live in MN!
It was just a conversation Jean and I had, so i thought I would start this thread. I am so glad I did!
I don't have internet at home yet, so PM Jean with info and questions. (jeanpeka) PLEASE! I feel so bad that I neglect people when I can't get back to you right away!
Thank you Mary for helping out with questions....I remember when I first got on SCS you helped me once! Boy was that a long time ago!
A get together in St Cloud would be so awesome! April or May sounds good to me too!
Good night ladies....hope to pop in again before the weekend is gone!
Old 12-02-2006, 06:30 PM   #68
Polyshrink Goddess

Hi all! I am in New Hope. 10 minutes north of down town. Been stamping for about 2 years. I would love to join the b-day card swap.
Old 12-03-2006, 10:33 AM   #69
Rubber Obsessor

Hi Everyone!

We now have 16 players for the birthday swap!! (Post #33) I'm so excited! This really is a fun swap to participate in! It is fun to spread a little birthday cheer to someone else--and to even have it happen to you! There are always so many good ideas! If anyone else is interested in playing, just send me a PM! I will send out a final list of participants after December 15th.

Jean
Old 12-04-2006, 03:24 PM   #70

hi ujxm048 ...glad you came in.
Yeah 16 players....too cool!
Old 12-04-2006, 08:20 PM   #71
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanpeka
Hi Everyone!

We now have 16 players for the birthday swap!! (Post #33) I'm so excited! This really is a fun swap to participate in! It is fun to spread a little birthday cheer to someone else--and to even have it happen to you! There are always so many good ideas! If anyone else is interested in playing, just send me a PM! I will send out a final list of participants after December 15th.

Jean

Jean,

Are there any b-day's in Jan so far? I FINALLY finished my Christmas cards and I have three family b-day's at the first part of Jan so I was going to get a start on those.

Let us know...

Thanks
Old 12-05-2006, 06:19 PM   #72
Die Cut Diva

Vikki, thanks for the email reminder to come back and check out the post!
Jean, pm'd you about the birthday list!

Lisa in Saint Francis
Old 12-05-2006, 06:29 PM   #73
Rubber Obsessor

Hi Michelle,

There is one birthday in January-January 23rd. You have a bit a time before you need to sent that one out! :>)

Jean
Old 12-05-2006, 07:08 PM   #74
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampingdenise
Hey ladies - 'specially those of you in Central MN - I picked up the class schedule for Crafts Direct last night. They are having an all-day scrap on Saturday Dec 16th. Is anyone interested? I know it gets tough before the holidays, but I thought a pre-planned event like that might get us a chance to sit down together and meet for real before we plan a bigger event, kwim?

So, if anyone is interested, send me a PM, and I'll go from there.

Is anyone going to do this? Denise I know that you and I chit chatted about this a bit did you decide if it was too much?
Old 12-05-2006, 07:08 PM   #75
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanpeka
Hi Michelle,

There is one birthday in January-January 23rd. You have a bit a time before you need to sent that one out! :>)

Jean

Thanks Jean!
Old 12-05-2006, 07:36 PM   #76
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Yahoo to H.S.momoffive

Greetings from Prior Lake, MN, a SW suburb of Minneapolis. I've been stamping for about 20 years and scrapping for about 4 years.

It is lots of fun learning about so many other Minnesotans.
Old 12-06-2006, 07:00 AM   #77
Pearl-ExPert

Hello all you Minnesotans! I live - and was born in - Minneapolis, graduated from Bloomington Kennedy High School and have been making cards on and off all my life (not all stamped, though).

Great to see all of you. I'd be interested in the birthday swap. I'll PM you, Jean.
Old 12-06-2006, 07:11 AM   #78
Cardstock Collector

Hello, My name is Jessica and I am from Red Wing, MN. My friend Lori and I share the same signon so we can grow our list of favorites and work together on projects. Like she said earlier, we are stampaholics and on some days could use a Stamper's Annonymous. I am the proud mother of four children, 3 boys and 1 girl. My husband and I have been married almost 3 years and we love this beautiful town. Have a wonderful day.

Jessica
Old 12-06-2006, 01:54 PM   #79

Yeah Lisa! You made it! Welcome ladies...Jessica, Diane, Lisa, and Cheryl! Hope you join the B'day Card Swap. Check out Jeans post #33
Old 12-06-2006, 05:56 PM   #80
Glitter Queen

Hello Ladies: My name is Karen and I live in Fergus Falls, about 2 1/2 hours north of Minneapolis. I've been a stamper for about 2 years and a hobby demo for almost a year. Would love to join the birthday swap. Great thread