Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   A Picture Is Worth 1000 Words Challenge (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/picture-worth-1000-words-challenge-f126/)
-   -   SIC100 (05/30/11) Red, White and Blue (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/picture-worth-1000-words-challenge-f126/sic100-05-30-11-red-white-blue-t529392.html)

wendella247 05-30-2011 11:21 AM

SIC100 (05/30/11) Red, White and Blue

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 218728
Hello everyone and GREETINGS this MEMORIAL DAY!!!

Normally, it would be Emily’s (stampingout) turn to post a challenge, but due to some family priorities, she has decided to leave her position as co-hostess. As I'm sure we all agree, family comes first, so I know you all join me in wishing her the best and in wanting her to know she will be MISSED!

Thank you, Emily!!

So, if any of you would like to co-host with me, it would require that you post an inspiration challenge ONCE A MONTH. Please contact me if you’re interested. I would welcome you with open arms!

NOW, ON TO THE CHALLENGE!

If you’re from the U.S., today we’re celebrating Memorial Day, a day of remembrance for those who have died in our nation's service. Many Americans nowadays have forgotten the meaning and traditions of Memorial Day. I'm guilty of letting its meaning take a lower priority than it should. I hope this simple challenge will make us stop and think beyond just a day for BBQs to the Americans we have lost.

The challenge: In honor of those fallen heroes, let’s do a page using the three colors of our nation, red, white and blue. Your page doesn't have to be patriotic, it can be about any topic, just be sure to predominantly use the three colors RED – WHITE – BLUE!

Here’s an amazing page by Heather Freeman which I found today in the gallery when I searched for “Memorial Day”.

And here’s a red, white & blue page I did a while ago.

So let's see those pages, ladies--they can be paper, digi or hybrid!!! Don't forget to add SIC100 and SBC11MAY (or in a few days it'll be SBC11JUN!) to your keywords so we can all ooh and ahh! :D

Check out the RED WHITE & BLUE GALLERY here

princessp1971 05-31-2011 05:25 AM

Great idea Wendy. I have some pics of my grandson and they are perfect for this challenge!

wendella247 05-31-2011 06:23 AM

I hope you'll do that page of your grandson, Patti! I just finished one of my granddaughter!! :)

All American Girl

---------------------------
:D:wink::D

Elizabeth G. 05-31-2011 06:49 AM

Great challenge - I have something in mind for this - going to put it together and share later today :)

Lmn 05-31-2011 06:55 AM

I hope to get my Memorial Day Parade picts developed and it would be great for this challenge!

wendella247 05-31-2011 07:25 AM

Oh goodie! I hope we'll see lots of pages. There's something that strikes a chord for me when I see red, white and blue!

Elizabeth G. 05-31-2011 11:31 AM

Throwing a little british colors your way, since they also happen to be red, white and blue:
Big Ben

wendella247 05-31-2011 02:38 PM

Your page is awesome! What a great opportunity for you--to be in England. Love your photos and embellies! Thanks for playing!

smadson 05-31-2011 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elizabeth G. (Post 18371406)
Throwing a little british colors your way, since they also happen to be red, white and blue:
Big Ben

I love your Big Ben! A great page. Love it.

And, Wendy, thank you for showing us Heathers page, awesome.

Wendy your page is so patriotic and red white and blue! It is fantastic.
I don't know how you do that digi stuff! It takes me hours. And then when I print it off the photos aren't clear!

I can't find a June goal thread. Is there one yet?

Sharon

wendella247 05-31-2011 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smadson (Post 18372439)
I love your Big Ben! A great page. Love it.

And, Wendy, thank you for showing us Heathers page, awesome.

Wendy your page is so patriotic and red white and blue! It is fantastic.
I don't know how you do that digi stuff! It takes me hours. And then when I print it off the photos aren't clear!

I can't find a June goal thread. Is there one yet?

Sharon

Thanks, Sharon. I really enjoy digi!

Lela might not have set up the June thread yet, although that's unusual for her!

Grandmaof1 06-02-2011 07:57 AM

Here is my entry for the challenge Wendy. Loved this challenge as I like working with red, white and blue.

Shea and Rusty by Grandmaof1 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Marcia

wendella247 06-02-2011 03:00 PM

Your page is gorgeous, Marcia! Love the layout and the circular photo. Thanks for playing--you did a beautiful job on the challenge!

Lmn 06-05-2011 07:52 PM

Yay I got to Play!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lmn (Post 18370444)
I hope to get my Memorial Day Parade picts developed and it would be great for this challenge!

I finally got my Memorial Day picts picked up to finish up my layout for this challenge Wendy! Fun, fun. I'm going to add the newspaper article as hidden journaling that slides out. (Idea from CTMH Book - Magic)

Let's Not Forget

wendella247 06-05-2011 08:07 PM

I love your page, Lela. It reminds me of a big flag. Thanks for playing!

princessp1971 06-06-2011 06:18 AM

have my DPS finished but will have to upload next week l am leaving for my moms. Shes been in the hospital again and we have a meeting with her oncologist tomorrow.

wendella247 06-06-2011 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by princessp1971 (Post 18393119)
have my DPS finished but will have to upload next week l am leaving for my moms. Shes been in the hospital again and we have a meeting with her oncologist tomorrow.

Glad you had some relaxing time to get a page done. Sorry your mom's back in the hospital. I'll keep her and your family in my prayers. And you try to take it slow too!!

princessp1971 07-13-2011 07:26 AM

Here's my pages. I just love these pics of my grandson and they were perfect for the challenge. TFL

DSC00622_by_princessp1971 by princessp1971 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers