Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Photography (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/photography-f217/)
-   -   Photo Challenge #61 ~ Too Many to Count {11-29-09} (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/photography-f217/photo-challenge-61-%7E-too-many-count-%7B11-29-09%7D-t470163.html)

Duckwaddlequack 11-29-2009 06:03 PM

Photo Challenge #61 ~ Too Many to Count {11-29-09}

2 Attachment(s)
Hello everyone! I hope all of you how celebrated Thanksgiving had a fabulous time with family and friends! Anyone take advantage of the holiday sales on Black Friday? I went and drooled over some new cameras....:mrgreen:

So for this week's challenge -We've done pairs and groups of three now let's move on to bigger groupings of things, too many to count!

Photo Challenge Rules:
~ Have FUN with this! There are no right or wrong photos.
~ Take as many pics as you want, share the few you like best.
~ Please share only current photos, taken after the challenge was issued.
~ We CANNOT upload our photos to the SCS galleries. You may upload them as an attachment or host them from your blog or any online photo hosting site. Just provide the direct link to the photo in your post and also make sure that it is not from a password protected album.
~ Just a reminder that we are a family-friendly site if you are sending others off this site to view photos in an album hosted elsewhere.
~ Please jump in and join us in the photo challenges at anytime!
~ Again - HAVE FUN! :)

I loved all the different pieces and colors of the Fenton glass at the flea market. And here are a bunch of berries... :)

ShaddyBaby 11-29-2009 07:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Am I first? Woo hoo! Here is another pic I took in manual from this weekend. I also used my macro lens for this one. I still can't quite get the hang of that thing.

Duckwaddlequack 11-29-2009 07:47 PM

Oh how beautiful Michelle! :)

belle5 11-30-2009 05:25 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I think I would like to give this a try. I got my camera for my birthdayin the spring and have enjoyed it so much! Here is Too Many Helmets, Too Many Layers of People, and Too Many Buildings

belle5 11-30-2009 05:29 AM

Love the glass! The berries shot has so much depth to it, perfect! And I have to agree, the leaves are beautiful. I am still working with my macro also...practice, practice, practice!

craftygirl04 11-30-2009 06:13 AM

I'm going to work on a local photo contest tomorrow so I will try to add some photos for this challenge.
Connie

Cook22 11-30-2009 12:31 PM

I am glad I wasn't at that flea-market - too much temptation!!

Duckwaddlequack 11-30-2009 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by belle5 (Post 15631071)
I think I would like to give this a try. I got my camera for my birthdayin the spring and have enjoyed it so much! Here is Too Many Helmets, Too Many Layers of People, and Too Many Buildings

So glad you joined in!:cool: Cool pics! Gonna take a stab at this but is the last pic from the St Louis Arch?

belle5 11-30-2009 05:24 PM

good eye! i love the repeated arch pattern as you look out over the chapel.

stampmouse 11-30-2009 07:27 PM

2 Attachment(s)
oh just this past weekend I took a shot perfect for this challenge. I don't care for it much but here it is. I had used a couple better shots of individual geese for my blog. I too have a berry shot from the same day.

love the crowd shot and the leaves were very nice

Cook22 12-02-2009 06:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Too many buttons...
This is my sewing and knitting button box. My craft button box has more buttons, but less variety and without the stories and memories that attach to so many of them.

girlzclubstampers 12-02-2009 08:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Great challenge!!

Toooooo many pine needles... don't they always coat your house, your furniture, your rugs, your dog? But I wouldn't ever trade our gorgeous noble fir for an artificial tree!! =)

Besides, did you know that artificial trees are not biodegradable? However you spell that word. lol. So a fresh-cut Christmas tree is really the most environmentally friendly choice... and it smells the greatest! :mrgreen:

belle5 12-02-2009 08:40 AM

Beautiful berries, buttons and bauble....well really pine needles, but it didn't start with a "B" LOL! The buttons remind me of my great grandma's button drawer that I loved to play with when I was little.

stampmouse 12-02-2009 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cook22 (Post 15643720)
Too many buttons...
This is my sewing and knitting button box. My craft button box has more buttons, but less variety and without the stories and memories that attach to so many of them.

tooo cute. and I spy some cute little mouse ones tooo love it

Cook22 12-02-2009 11:53 PM

I meant to say yesterday how much I liked the Too Many Buildings. I like the pine needles, too. Real trees are a must. Even if the needles still turn up two and three years later, LOL. And even after a house move!! Love the smell!!
I listed a few of my buttons and their memories when I posted it on my blog.

StampUK 12-03-2009 02:48 PM

2 Attachment(s)
My Dad did a CRAB FEAST the other night and picked up 13 fresh dungeoness crabs from Half Moon Bay. I snapped a shot before and after they got cooked.

stampmouse 12-03-2009 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StampUK (Post 15653071)
My Dad did a CRAB FEAST the other night and picked up 13 fresh dungeoness crabs from Half Moon Bay. I snapped a shot before and after they got cooked.

and you didn't call me??? I am so sure my favorite food. LOL

looks sooooo yummy

scrown8301 12-04-2009 01:04 PM

Wonderful pictures everyone!
We are going to the festival of trees today so I plan to take some photos there. :D

Cordelia 12-05-2009 07:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I took this picture at the candy store in Red Lodge, MT. It's a little smudgy because I had let the kids play with my camera in the car, and there was a big ol' fingerprint on the lens that I didn't notice 'til later. :rolleyes:

Cook22 12-06-2009 07:17 AM

Yum yum, look at that candy.

scrown8301 12-06-2009 11:36 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I tried to upload these yesterday but couldn't get it to work. So here are my pics for this challenge.

On friday we went to the Festival of Trees. Every year people donate trees, gingerbread houses, quilts, goodies, wreaths, etc. to be sold and all proceeds go to help Primary Children's Hospital which is our Children's Hospital here. Love it!
While walking through all the displays I found so many fun ones. Had to share these with you.

1. They had every kind of tree imaginable in every theme you could think of. I thought this one was clever. This one was called a Pop Can Christmas. (Too many Soda Cans to Count)

2. This castle is made entirely of gingerbread. Love all the detail work on the windows, turrets. Every princess's dream to live in a castle so gorgeous! (Lots of Turrets, windows and gorgeousness)

3. Had to take a picture of the Gingerbread train with all the ginger bread houses around it. How awesome are all these!

stampmouse 12-06-2009 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrown8301 (Post 15667765)
I tried to upload these yesterday but couldn't get it to work. So here are my pics for this challenge.

On friday we went to the Festival of Trees. Every year people donate trees, gingerbread houses, quilts, goodies, wreaths, etc. to be sold and all proceeds go to help Primary Children's Hospital which is our Children's Hospital here. Love it!
While walking through all the displays I found so many fun ones. Had to share these with you.

1. They had every kind of tree imaginable in every theme you could think of. I thought this one was clever. This one was called a Pop Can Christmas. (Too many Soda Cans to Count)

2. This castle is made entirely of gingerbread. Love all the detail work on the windows, turrets. Every princess's dream to live in a castle so gorgeous! (Lots of Turrets, windows and gorgeousness)

3. Had to take a picture of the Gingerbread train with all the ginger bread houses around it. How awesome are all these!

WOW these are seriously very cool. what an awesome charity event

scrown8301 12-06-2009 11:48 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Just a few more:

1. Quilts, Quilts and More Quilts

And, Just in case you're wondering if any actual trees were there. ;)
The trees came in all sizes, little, miniature, big, really big, and really really big. ;)

2. Lots of little trees, this is just a small sampling.

3. A shot of some of the big trees. If you look at the ceiling you can see the lights go on for quite some time, this whole HUGE expo center was filled to the brim with trees and such. Love it! (sorry the lighting in there isn't great, so it was hard to get more then just a couple rows of trees.)

Primary Children's Hospital is near and dear to our family. Our neice was born with a condition called Hypo-plastic left heart syndrome HLHS. My niece had 3 open heart surgeries before the age of 3 (the first was when she was just a month old). the survival rate with these surgeries is not very high. She is turning 7 just after Christmas this year and is alive today because of the dr.'s at Primary Children's. Well, that and her determination. ;)

stampmouse 12-06-2009 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrown8301 (Post 15667804)
Just a few more:

1. Quilts, Quilts and More Quilts

And, Just in case you're wondering if any actual trees were there. ;)
The trees came in all sizes, little, miniature, big, really big, and really really big. ;)

2. Lots of little trees, this is just a small sampling.

3. A shot of some of the big trees. If you look at the ceiling you can see the lights go on for quite some time, this whole HUGE expo center was filled to the brim with trees and such. Love it! (sorry the lighting in there isn't great, so it was hard to get more then just a couple rows of trees.)

Primary Children's Hospital is near and dear to our family. Our neice was born with a condition called Hypo-plastic left heart syndrome HLHS. My niece had 3 open heart surgeries before the age of 3 (the first was when she was just a month old). the survival rate with these surgeries is not very high. She is turning 7 just after Christmas this year and is alive today because of the dr.'s at Primary Children's. Well, that and her determination. ;)

wow I am amazed at the size of this event. This is truely awesome and for a very good cause. thank god for modern medicine and all it can do!!!!

Cordelia 12-06-2009 12:38 PM

Really awesome shots, Sharon!
Love the before and after crab pics.
The pine needles shot is absolutely gorgeous.
There is NO SUCH THING as too many buttons! Everyone should have a button collection. ;)
I think the ducks/geese shot is great!
The buildings pic is really neato and the leaf shot is lovely.

scrown8301 12-08-2009 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampmouse (Post 15667833)
wow I am amazed at the size of this event. This is truely awesome and for a very good cause. thank god for modern medicine and all it can do!!!!

Tell me about it! The exhibit hall is a total of 243,000 sq feet and was filled with exhibits! Love it! :D It makes me smile. :D

Cook22 04-08-2012 09:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The harbour at Howth, County Dublin. It's a working fishing port too, but lots of pleasure craft on view.