Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Photography (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/photography-f217/)
-   -   Photo Challenge #27 ~ Buttery Lemon Yellows {3-22-09} (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/photography-f217/photo-challenge-27-%7E-buttery-lemon-yellows-%7B3-22-09%7D-t427531.html)

Duckwaddlequack 03-22-2009 08:00 PM

Photo Challenge #27 ~ Buttery Lemon Yellows {3-22-09}

2 Attachment(s)
Hello! Hope everyone enjoyed a happy weekend! In honor of the first day of spring, I thought this week's challenge should reflect that in some way. And what better way than in bright sunny yellows! So keep your eyes on the lookout for any and all shades of yellow this week! Happy Spring!:)

Photo Challenge Rules:
~ Have FUN with this! There are no right or wrong photos.
~ Take as many pics as you want, share the few you like best.
~ Please share only current photos, taken after the challenge was issued.
~ We CANNOT upload our photos to the SCS galleries. You may upload them as an attachment or host them from your blog or any online photo hosting site. Just provide the direct link to the photo in your post and also make sure that it is not from a password protected album.
~ Just a reminder that we are a family-friendly site if you are sending others off this site to view photos in an album hosted elsewhere.
~ Please jump in and join us in the photo challenges at anytime!
~ Again - HAVE FUN! :)

Here's a yellow flowering tree that was at Duke Gardens this past weekend. It's either some type of tulip or magnolia - I don't remember which but it was lovely! And then a sweet lil' yellow flutterby. :)

MariLynn 03-23-2009 07:56 AM

Angie, what a great challenge. I saw hints of my daffodills opening yesterday. I hope that they open this week so I can get some yellow. Your little yellow butterfly is so pretty.

SurfLola 03-23-2009 10:56 AM

Your magnolia picture is BEAUTIFUL Angie. And you are correct. It is also called a Tulip Tree. That color yellow is exactly the title of the challenge - buttery lemon.

girlzclubstampers 03-23-2009 03:24 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are a few yellow photos! I took these this morning - it's nice and sunny today! (finally...) :-D

Alcojo94 03-24-2009 07:14 AM

Oh boy, I am going to have to look hard for yellows, LOL. We still have about 2 ft of snow on the ground and the air is a bit hazy thanks to the volcano. Hmmm, on the look-out for yellow now!

Angie and Hannah, great photos!

Duckwaddlequack 03-24-2009 04:43 PM

Hannah what sweet photos! Love that fence as the backdrop.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alcojo94 (Post 13523477)
Oh boy, I am going to have to look hard for yellows, LOL. We still have about 2 ft of snow on the ground and the air is a bit hazy thanks to the volcano. Hmmm, on the look-out for yellow now!

Angie and Hannah, great photos!

Yikes!:confused:Did I miss something on the news?

Alcojo94 03-24-2009 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duckwaddlequack (Post 13529189)
Hannah what sweet photos! Love that fence as the backdrop.

Yikes!:confused:Did I miss something on the news?

LOL....here in Alaska Mt.Redoubt erupted 6 times yesterday, with the last eruption at 7:41pm AKST. The volcano is located about 100 miles SW of Anchorage AK.

hunnnyb 03-24-2009 09:22 PM

2 Attachment(s)
My tulips opened yesterday and my daffodil should open this week.

yellowrose46 03-25-2009 03:39 AM

I love the fresh look of the yellow photos..........flowers and spring clothing! I won't be participating this week, as I left my digital camera at my daughter's house on the weekend. Hope to catch up next week!

MariLynn 03-25-2009 09:17 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Angie, what I have found humorus about this challenge is the color yellow. On Saturday my teenage daughters taught their younger brothers a game. When they go on band, drama, cheerleading... trips they look for yellow vehicles. When they see them they yell out "BINGO SEXY CHICKEN" My boys were fascinated with this game. We live in a small town and they now know where every yellow car and truck is. When they ran out of vehicles they started on anything else yellow. So even before I saw this challenge, I had been seeing YELLOW everywhere. My first photo is a water hydrant in my yard. The second is my spring flowers just opened up!!! Yeah!

MariLynn 03-25-2009 09:19 AM

hunnnyb, I love your yellow flowers. Springtime is here.

kaspring 03-25-2009 12:02 PM

Angie, I have never seen a Tulip tree before, beautiful.

MariLynn, my kids would love Bingo Sexy Chicken. They play Slug Bug every time we go anywhere.

Kathy

scrown8301 03-25-2009 02:59 PM

What a fun challenge! I am really going to have to keep my eyes out for this one. I live in the middle of nowhere so there isn't much in the way of vibrant colors, but I'll be looking!

Angie, gorgeous photos! I love the butterfly one!

Hannah, great job! I agree with Angie, that fence as a backdrop is perfect!

hunnnyb, Gorgeous pictures of the tulip! So pretty!

Marilyn, What a fun angle of the hydrant. That daffodil is gorgeous!

princessdi69 03-26-2009 02:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a picture of a mixed bunch of roses my DH bought for me for Valentines day. Not sure if I showed you this or not.

yellowrose46 03-26-2009 05:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by princessdi69 (Post 13542114)
Here is a picture of a mixed bunch of roses my DH bought for me for Valentines day. Not sure if I showed you this or not.

Beautiful! I LOVE yellow roses..............what was your first clue for that?:)

MariLynn 03-26-2009 06:06 AM

The yellow rose is so pretty. I love yellow roses too.

princessdi69 03-26-2009 10:03 AM

Thanks ladies. I love any color of roses other than red. The yellow was the most vibrant of the mixed bunch dh bought me. So I had to try my macro setting on it.

girlzclubstampers 03-26-2009 02:07 PM

Lovely tulip and rose photos!! I was at a garden store today and there was a gorgeous yellow pansy I snapped a picture of - I'll have to upload it later!

Proud Mom 03-28-2009 07:09 AM

Perfect challenge, Angie! LOVE that flower tree - I'd love to have one in my backyard! And that yellow butterfly is incredible- perfect contrast to the pink blossoms!

Hannah - your daughter is adorable and that soft yellow is the perfect color for her. Love the contrast between her and the rough wood!

HunnnyB - your tulips are gorgeous! I didn't plant any this year and now I'm mad about that.

Marilynn - love the vibrancy of the daffodil - and what a perfect shot of that hydrant - so fun!

Diana - great shot of the yellow rose - I love how you zoomed in really close so all we see is gorgeous petals (and lucky you to get roses from your hubby~!)

Proud Mom 03-28-2009 07:14 AM

We have a little old fashioned town about 45 minutes from here (Julian) they plant thousands of daffodil bulbs each year to encourage visitors. My friends and I visited for a morning of daffodils, shopping and of course lunch. Here's a few buttery lemon shots.

Lots more shots on my BLOG today.

http://i554.photobucket.com/albums/j...9_edited-1.jpg

http://i554.photobucket.com/albums/j...5_edited-1.jpg

http://i554.photobucket.com/albums/j...5_edited-1.jpg

girlzclubstampers 03-28-2009 10:14 AM

Oh, Pam, those gorgeous shots take me back years!!!! When I was a girl we used to LOVE to drive into Julian (we lived on Coronado, CA) for the day. I LOVED the springtime there. Wonderful memories - when we went there, it was the first time I ever liked eating apple pie!! I'd never liked it before. Lovely pictures!!!! I should have you come out and photograph my farm - you make it look gorgeous!

Proud Mom 03-28-2009 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by girlzclubstampers (Post 13572183)
Oh, Pam, those gorgeous shots take me back years!!!! When I was a girl we used to LOVE to drive into Julian (we lived on Coronado, CA) for the day. I LOVED the springtime there. Wonderful memories - when we went there, it was the first time I ever liked eating apple pie!! I'd never liked it before. Lovely pictures!!!! I should have you come out and photograph my farm - you make it look gorgeous!

Awww....that's so sweet Hannah! Thanks for the kind words - I didn't know you were a San Diego gal!

Duckwaddlequack 03-28-2009 05:28 PM

3 Attachment(s)
hunnnyb, your tuplis are wonderful!

MariLynn that sounds like a fun game! Love the angle you took the hydrant at and the daffy is so sweet!

Diana your yellow rose is magnificent!

Pam, that sounds like a wonderful lil' town to visit! Those are some beautiful pics. My fav is the contrast with the daffodils and the red barn!

Here are a few more yellows from me. The first is an opened bloom from the tulip tree. The daffodil was a sweet little surprise that I found today in the rain as I was leaving a work fundraiser today. And you know I couldn't leave out my fluffy yellow ducks!

girlzclubstampers 03-28-2009 05:58 PM

Angie, those flowers are gorgeous!! I've never seen either before. What type of daffodil is that? It looks almost double or something in the center. That tulip tree bloom is amazing!!!!!

Duckwaddlequack 03-28-2009 06:48 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by girlzclubstampers (Post 13576654)
Angie, those flowers are gorgeous!! I've never seen either before. What type of daffodil is that? It looks almost double or something in the center. That tulip tree bloom is amazing!!!!!

Well I really don't know much about daffodils other than that they come in assorted yellow/orange/white colors and miniature sizes. I know I've seen them many times over the years with different centers but I have on idea what variety they are or how many different kinds there are. The place I was at today had quite the assortment of them though. And last weekend we saw white ones with pale peach centers - they were lovely. That was a first in those colors that I can remember seeing. Here are a few more from today - from the more "traditional" looking one to ones with frilly and fuller centers.

Oh and the tulip trees also bloom in pink/white! I've seen more of them in pink than yellow.

scrown8301 03-28-2009 07:28 PM

Diana, Gorgeous shot of the yellow rose!

Pam, I love your photos. The red of the barn in contrast of the yellow flowers is my fav.!

Angie, Such pretty flowers! the yellow duckling picture made me giggle!

scrown8301 03-28-2009 07:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I looked everywhere for yellow. I live in the middle of the desert so any color but brown is hard to come by. I did find a lei that my DD has. She got it from a friend's party a couple of years ago and has kept it. So I did a close up of the yellow flower in the lei. Sorry, it's the best I could do.

ETA- might help if I attached the photo. :rolleyes:

Rox71 03-29-2009 05:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Everyone had such pretty flowers and I really like the blouse and the duckies.

I didn't have much luck with yellow since the kitchen gloves and sponge are not exciting topics but I did find one Iris in the neighbors yard Friday with a streak of yellow and it is so pretty after all the snow we had this winter!

So here it is:

Duckwaddlequack 03-29-2009 07:30 PM

Sharon that's thinking outside the box! Lovely closeup!

Roxie what sweet pic! That looks like its a mini iris, just barely above the ground.

dairy queen 03-31-2009 02:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
here is my first crocus. in march, unheard of up here in NY!

3 Little Love Bugs 03-31-2009 08:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)
What a great challenge, I love yellow. It's raining/snowing here and I won't be seeing any pretty flowers or trees for awhile.

Here's a picture that I took at the Science Museum this past weekend. It's a cylinder of corn and not pretty, but hey, it's yellow! LOL! :-D

dairy queen 03-31-2009 04:30 PM

COOL!!!

yellowrose46 04-14-2009 01:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Better late than never, I always say. I took this photo of a calceolaria plant at a local nursery . Looking back over all the photos, I couldn't stop looking at the daffodil pictures that Pam took..........just gorgeous! If I had the first photo on my wall, I don't think I could ever be blue again!

ponygirl 04-19-2009 08:45 PM

3 Attachment(s)
More yellow flowers:

Rox71 04-20-2009 06:32 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Ponygirl...I like that sunflower and the angle of what I think is a rose!

We finally have some yellow showing here in Michigan.

yellowrose46 04-20-2009 09:55 AM

Lisa and Roxie, those beautiful yellow flowers were just what I needed on this dull, dreary, rainy day!

ShaddyBaby 04-28-2009 03:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my yellow picture!

Duckwaddlequack 05-17-2009 09:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
mmmmm...... If I could bottle the smell of this honeysuckle.... Oh it's been smelling just heavenly around our yard each evening with all this in the backyard! You don't want to come inside away from it!

Cook22 09-01-2011 02:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This could equally have been for the recent buggy challenge, but it's pretty much all-out yellow. I took this down in Birr a couple of weekends ago.

armadillo 09-01-2011 04:54 AM

That's a good bee shot and I like those yellow flowers.