Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Photography (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/photography-f217/)
-   -   Photo Challenge #20 ~ Looking In {2-1-09} (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/photography-f217/photo-challenge-20-%7E-looking-%7B2-1-09%7D-t416350.html)

Duckwaddlequack 02-01-2009 06:34 PM

Photo Challenge #20 ~ Looking In {2-1-09}

2 Attachment(s)
Hello everyone! I hope you enjoyed a fabulous weekend! Ready for a new challenge, I hope! Can you believe we're already up to #20!! Wow! And I must say that each week the photos just seem to get better and better! We've got a bunch of wonderful talent here!

Let's focus this week on WINDOWS! Especially ones that are odd shaped or out of the ordinary. Old buildings are a great place to start! If you're having trouble finding something unique, try photographing a window at a fun angle or different perspective then normal. Several things to be careful of is glare and reflection but you can definitely use those to your advantage as well! Can't wait to see this week's pics!

Photo Challenge Rules:
~ Have FUN with this! There are no right or wrong photos.
~ Take as many pics as you want, share the few you like best.
~ Please share only current photos, taken after the challenge was issued.
~ We CANNOT upload our photos to the SCS galleries. You may upload them as an attachment or host them from your blog or any online photo hosting site. Just provide the direct link to the photo in your post and also make sure that it is not from a password protected album.
~ Just a reminder that we are a family-friendly site if you are sending others off this site to view photos in an album hosted elsewhere.
~ Please jump in and join us in the photo challenges at anytime!
~ Again - HAVE FUN! :)

My photos:
The first is from our neat kids museum downtown called Marbles and the second is the glass conservatory at the Biltmore.

Proud Mom 02-02-2009 05:54 AM

Hmmm...what a fun idea, Angie! I'll have to get thinkin'!

Love the photos you took - those are incredible windows - especially the way you've captured the round one!

girlzclubstampers 02-02-2009 08:17 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Cool idea, Angie! I took these pictures of our barn windows for this challenge.

girlzclubstampers 02-02-2009 08:18 AM

Those photos are neat, Angie!!

denier 02-02-2009 08:49 AM

angie i love those shots :) the first one reminds me of 20000 leauges under the sea for some reason.

MariLynn 02-02-2009 10:54 AM

Hannah, I love the window with the ice on it. Great job.

stampmouse 02-02-2009 11:51 AM

angie and hannah those are great. really love that first one angie. wow.

this should be a fun challenge

scrown8301 02-02-2009 05:10 PM

What a fun challenge! I already know what I am going to do! :) Just have to wait till it's light outside. But I think I know the perfect window. :)

Angie, your photos are awesome! I love the conservatory one! So pretty!

Hannah, gorgeous both of them! I love the constrast of the windows with the red of the barn and the window with the ice is so pretty!

ponygirl 02-02-2009 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by girlzclubstampers (Post 12968831)
Cool idea, Angie! I took these pictures of our barn windows for this challenge.

Hannah, I would love to hang out at your barn! Great photos! Angie, love your photos too! Windows can be so pretty!

Proud Mom 02-03-2009 05:48 AM

Hannah - great pics! What a wonderful contrast between the red and white and the blue sky! Love that ice!

MariLynn 02-03-2009 06:33 AM

Angie, I like the patterns in the photograph of your windows. The light and reflections are very pretty.

Proud Mom 02-04-2009 12:54 PM

Cabrillo National Monument

Spent the morning hiking and tide-pooling at Cabrillo National Monument with some friends (including Ponygirl, so I'm looking forward to seeing what she posts!)

My window entry is from the Old Point Loma Lighthouse - built in 1855.
Funny bit of history is that it stands 422 feet above sea level so it kept getting fogged in (and THAT is not a good thing for a lighthouse!) They closed the lighthouse in 1891 and moved it to lower ground. Luckily they kept it for future generations to admire!

(More pics on my blog tomorrow)

http://i554.photobucket.com/albums/j...1_edited-1.jpg

ponygirl 02-04-2009 02:26 PM

3 Attachment(s)
We had a wonderful time hiking and tidepooling. It's such a beautiful place to go. I could just sit there all day, and it's even better going with friends!

Here are my entries for the window challenge, taken at the same lighthouse as Pam's. For more photos of the lighthouse, check out my blog.

SurfLola 02-04-2009 04:07 PM

Funny how you are at the same place at the same time and your photos are so different - AND, I love them both :)

stampmouse 02-04-2009 06:27 PM

great shots pam and lisa. hope to get some this weekend

craftygirl04 02-05-2009 06:42 AM

Amazing shots all around!

Alcojo94 02-05-2009 08:16 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Great photos everyone, they are all beautiful!

I havent been able to find any window around here that inspires me :( Maybe in the next few days I will run across something that says 'take a picture!' lol.

I'll cheat and post some photos I took last summer at Independence Mine State Park, an old mine outside of Wasilla Alaska. I love to go up there and hike and my kids love the old buildings. I really liked the red-bordered windows on these old, weathered buildings.

girlzclubstampers 02-05-2009 08:20 AM

Great shots, Lisa, Pam, and the other Lisa! I love them all!! The lighthouses are really cool (makes me miss the coast - I used to live in CA, too!). I love those old buildings and windows in your Alaska shots, Lisa!

yellowrose46 02-05-2009 07:45 PM

Fantastic photos again, as usual! What a lot of talent and imagination!
Angie, I love your shots. I wish I lived closer to Ottawa, as the National Art Gallery has some fabulous sky windows along that line.
Hannah, interesting barn window shots. I love the frost on the window!
San Diego ladies...........wonderful. great to see the different views of that lighthouse.
Lisa, lovely red frames on the windows and I love the first one where you are looking out.

yellowrose46 02-05-2009 07:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a photo of the windows of my sister-in-law's greenhouse this week. Certainly not ready for planting anything yet!

Proud Mom 02-06-2009 05:52 AM

Ina, love your greenhouse window! You really captured the cool, wintery look of it......Brrr! How deep is that snow?

yellowrose46 02-06-2009 06:08 AM

It's deep! We've had over 6 feet of snow this winter, but we did have some mild weather and rain which melted a lot, so it's not that deep anymore. I just went into my back yard to the composter and was too lazy to shovel my way. The snow came up to the bottom of my knees! that measures 16 inches, but I was not walking on the ground, only on top of the packed snow.

yellowrose46 02-06-2009 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Proud Mom (Post 13025770)
Ina, love your greenhouse window! You really captured the cool, wintery look of it......Brrr! How deep is that snow?

Forgot to mention that the snow in the photo includes a lot of snow that had slidden off the glass roof.

MariLynn 02-06-2009 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Proud Mom (Post 12999481)
Spent the morning hiking and tide-pooling at Cabrillo National Monument with some friends (including Ponygirl, so I'm looking forward to seeing what she posts!)

My window entry is from the Old Point Loma Lighthouse - built in 1855.
Funny bit of history is that it stands 422 feet above sea level so it kept getting fogged in (and THAT is not a good thing for a lighthouse!) They closed the lighthouse in 1891 and moved it to lower ground. Luckily they kept it for future generations to admire!

(More pics on my blog tomorrow)

http://i554.photobucket.com/albums/j...1_edited-1.jpg

I love your lighthouse window photo. I have always liked this lighthouse. I have several photos of it.

MariLynn 02-06-2009 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alcojo94 (Post 13010349)
Great photos everyone, they are all beautiful!

I havent been able to find any window around here that inspires me :( Maybe in the next few days I will run across something that says 'take a picture!' lol.

I'll cheat and post some photos I took last summer at Independence Mine State Park, an old mine outside of Wasilla Alaska. I love to go up there and hike and my kids love the old buildings. I really liked the red-bordered windows on these old, weathered buildings.

I love your windows. They have such character.

MariLynn 02-06-2009 06:23 AM

Ina, your windows look cool or should I say cold.

MariLynn 02-06-2009 06:29 AM

3 Attachment(s)
When I saw windows, I was afraid that I wouldn't find any interesting photos to take. I took the first one in the oldest part of town. I loved the shape. The second one is of the bathroom window where I work. On nights that I have had to work late, I have been fascinated by the way the window refracts the streetlight. The last window was taken at The Grand Anne, a bed and breakfast that my friends run. I love how artistic and unique the old windows are.

MariLynn 02-06-2009 06:30 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are some more old windows. Windows with character.

MariLynn 02-06-2009 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ponygirl (Post 13000303)
We had a wonderful time hiking and tidepooling. It's such a beautiful place to go. I could just sit there all day, and it's even better going with friends!

Here are my entries for the window challenge, taken at the same lighthouse as Pam's. For more photos of the lighthouse, check out my blog.

Lisa, I like how you did your photos in black and white. They are stunning.

ponygirl 02-06-2009 10:38 PM

Thanks MariLynn. I love shooting in black & white for a change. Gives
a whole different feel.

Your photos are great. Lots of interesting windows. The bathroom window you have reminds me of a bathroom window in the house I grew up in. At night the light from passing cars looked so cool.

ponygirl 02-06-2009 10:41 PM

3 Attachment(s)
A few windows I found in my archives:

The first two were taken in downtown Ft. Worth, Texas at Christmas. The last is the old Coliseum in the Ft. Worth Stockyards just north of downtown.

ponygirl 02-06-2009 10:48 PM

3 Attachment(s)
And a few more from around San Diego:

The first two are from Mission San Luis Rey in Vista, just north of San Diego, and the last is at Sea World. The giggle of girls are standing in front of an underwater window watching pilot whales sleep. I was tagging along on school field trips for both. I have been to so many neat places that I never would have gotten to by being a chapperone.

Proud Mom 02-07-2009 06:40 AM

Marilynn - those windows are terrific and definitely worth documenting - such a variety! Beautifully shot!

Lisa - love all those interesting windows - especially love the Sea World? photo with the kids in front of the tank - gorgeous!

Ina - I'm very impressed that you brave the ravages of winter to compost - what an earth-consious woman! I'm afraid my good intentions would disappear the minute the temps dropped below 60.....!

Duckwaddlequack 02-07-2009 07:59 AM

Wowzers! So many cool and beautiful windows! I love them! So awesome to be able to come to one place like this and see great pictures from all over the country and beyond! I haven't had a chance to peek in here all week and see anyone's pics! Hubby was in the middle of job interviews and and tests so it was a bit crazy around here! But he got it!!!!!! And that means there's a DSLR in my near future! :)

Proud Mom 02-08-2009 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duckwaddlequack (Post 13038094)
Wowzers! So many cool and beautiful windows! I love them! So awesome to be able to come to one place like this and see great pictures from all over the country and beyond! I haven't had a chance to peek in here all week and see anyone's pics! Hubby was in the middle of job interviews and and tests so it was a bit crazy around here! But he got it!!!!!! And that means there's a DSLR in my near future! :)

Hurray for your hubby AND YOU on his new job! (What a stress that must have been!)

BTW: Your photos are gorgeous even without an SLR!

stampmouse 02-08-2009 08:09 AM

great window shots so far everyone keep them coming. hope to get my shots in soon.

angie congrats on dh getting the job

MariLynn 02-09-2009 05:41 AM

Lisa, I love your Seaworld photo. Such a candid shot. I love the blue.

PJill 02-09-2009 06:20 AM

OK, got a good window shot but don't know how to add the thumb nail to my post. Any help out there?

PJill 02-09-2009 06:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Let me see if this worked. Sorry for the problems with my post.

MariLynn 02-09-2009 06:35 AM

Pjill, I love your rustic cabin window. So pretty.