Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Photography (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/photography-f217/)
-   -   Photo challenge #183 'Lacy' September 10, 2013 (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/photography-f217/photo-challenge-183-lacy-september-10-2013-a-t578237.html)

yellowrose46 09-10-2013 08:27 AM

Photo challenge #183 'Lacy' September 10, 2013

2 Attachment(s)
Photo challenge #183 'Lacy'. This challenge is a week late, but I was away until late Tuesday last week and had not taken any photos, so decided to wait until this week. A bonus was that I was able to take an extra photo while at the cottage.
O.K. lets take some photos of things with lacy textures. Photos of actual lace is acceptable too.

Photo Challenge Rules:
~ Have FUN with this! There are no right or wrong photos.
~ Take as many pics as you want, share the few you like best.
~ Please share only current photos, taken after the challenge was issued.
~ We CANNOT upload our photos to the SCS galleries. You may upload them as an attachment or host them from your blog or any online photo hosting site. Just provide the direct link to the photo in your post and also make sure that it is not from a password protected album.
~ Just a reminder that we are a family-friendly site if you are sending others off this site to view photos in an album hosted elsewhere.
~ Please jump in and join us in the photo challenges at any time!
~HAVE FUN

Photo number one is of a rock at the cottage. The cottage is along lake Huron just south of Tobermory. The shoreline is all rocky and has many rocks with this lacy texture and also rocks with fossils.
Second photo is of a vine that grows on trees around her. I don't know the real name of the vine, but we call it the cucumber vine and take it down whenever we can, as it seems to choke out whatever it grows on. It has interesting round seed pods. I find the flowers very pretty and lacy.

FMcrafter 09-10-2013 08:42 AM

ummmmm this is gonna be a HARD one!

yellowrose46 09-10-2013 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FMcrafter (Post 20332194)
ummmmm this is gonna be a HARD one!

That's why it's called a challenge Lynn! I thought of it as I saw all the cucumber vines climbing on trees on our morning walks and wanted to use them for a challenge. Maybe you can find some real lace on a blouse or even crafting lace.

FMcrafter 09-10-2013 06:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have my "pondering" hat on!!!!! If I was still at the house I would have a solution...hmmm must ponder on this...if I could use an old one...I like this

Photographer grumpy
taken from inside his tent

Cook22 09-10-2013 11:37 PM

FMc, I like the sort of moiré effect the mesh from the tent window has had on the tree.
Sounds like fun, Ina - I'll find the real lace route easier for sure but I'll see what I can come up with.
We're away for a few days from Thurs, so I'll keep my eye out on our trip too!

yellowrose46 09-11-2013 03:45 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Yesterday, when I went out my front door, something fell in front of my and I was surprised to see a dead dragonfly. Their wings are so pretty and lacy. I photographed this one on a sheet of turquoise cardstock. Second is a close up of the wing.

yellowrose46 09-11-2013 03:47 AM

Lynn, I really like the effect of the delicate branches against the tent fabric!

Lynn13 09-11-2013 11:41 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Yes, I agree this is somewhat of a hard challenge especially looking for something besides your typical lace! I will have to check outside the house really hard but until then I took the easy way out as you can see by my photos. LOL!! ;)

Ina, I love the dragonfly wings... so cool! What a great idea!

Photo 1: This is a bedspread that was handmade in the early 1900's. It was given to me by a woman I knew whose mother had made it. It's currently hanging on a hanger. I can't believe the hours of work that was put into this. The bedspread is pretty heavy.
Photo 2: Table cloth in our dining room.
Photo 3: Stampin Up project I made several years ago.
Photo 4: Some of my lace stash.

yellowrose46 09-11-2013 07:36 PM

Great photos Lynn! I actually made a tablecloth similar to the one of the first photo, except it had a round motif in it too, along with the spiral one. I donated it for a silent auction for a charity and it sold for $120. I love your pretty collection of laces too!

armadillo 09-11-2013 08:47 PM

Those are all quite nice. I don't think I have anything that is lacy but I do have an idea of something, just have to find it.

Cook22 09-12-2013 05:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I'd love a bedspread like that, Lynn.
So funny about the dragonfly, Ina - I just put a photo of a dead one I spotted recently on my blog.

Yesterday I was walking to work and I spotted a tanker coming round a corner. The sun shining through the grid walkway (I am guessing) along the top cast a mesh reflection on the tanker body - urban lace :mrgreen:.

And darn, I took a great picture about two weeks ago of the reflection of a wrought-iron garden table in DH's wineglass. That would have been a great one for this. Not our table, no sunshine so I can't replicate it.

yellowrose46 09-12-2013 06:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Yes Sabrina, that is lacy. Great for thinking outside the box. I like that title ....urban lace!
I found one more!

Lynn13 09-12-2013 11:44 AM

Thanks, Ina! By the way is that flower called "Queen Anne's Lace?" I was just thinking about that flower yesterday (considered a weed from what I've heard). I've seen it used in floral arrangements. I know it grows in the northern parts of the US but I haven't seen any down here where I live. Great photo... and I really like the flowers in your original post, so very very pretty!
Great picture, Sabrina... and I really what you called it (urban lace!)

FMcrafter 09-12-2013 02:47 PM

Wow...tons of great ideas...how come I never get those???

yellowrose46 09-12-2013 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynn13 (Post 20334763)
Thanks, Ina! By the way is that flower called "Queen Anne's Lace?" I was just thinking about that flower yesterday (considered a weed from what I've heard). I've seen it used in floral arrangements. I know it grows in the northern parts of the US but I haven't seen any down here where I live. Great photo... and I really like the flowers in your original post, so very very pretty!
Great picture, Sabrina... and I really what you called it (urban lace!)

Yes, that's a Queen Anne's lace. Most of them are finished blooming now, but in areas that have been mowed along the side of the road there are still some blooming.

Lynn13 09-13-2013 09:29 AM

Man, I need to proof read my responses a little better before hitting the "reply" button! :rolleyes:

Sabrina, I really like your "urban lace" term... great idea!!

FMcrafter 09-13-2013 03:08 PM

oh oh oh oh I remembered that I forget! I have a great picture of a spider web with the big spider in the middle ...now...where is that picture

Cook22 07-08-2014 12:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
A lacy dock leaf - along with some blackberry leaves in the background. I don't know what ate this so thoroughly! It looks a bit like slugs, but it's not common to see dock leaves in that state.