Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Photography (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/photography-f217/)
-   -   Photo Challenge #144 ~ DIY Still Life {22/11/2011} (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/photography-f217/photo-challenge-144-%7E-diy-still-life-%7B22-11-2011%7D-t542867.html)

Cook22 11-22-2011 08:21 AM

Photo Challenge #144 ~ DIY Still Life {22/11/2011}

1 Attachment(s)
Something easy this time round :D. I was at the grocer's on Saturday and he had been sent some persimmons which he had not ordered and was at a loss what to do with. Well, they're pretty photogenic and he was selling them cheaply just to get rid of them - so when we at last had some sunshine and good light I created my own still life this morning. I had to add a bit of off-camera flash to light the grapes just a little.
What sort of still life can you create? I hope to compose another one tomorrow when I am on a day off.

Still life photography is the depiction of inanimate subject matter, most typically a small grouping of objects. Still life photography, more so than other types of photography, such as landscape or portraiture, gives the photographer more leeway in the arrangement of design elements within a composition.
Still life photography is a demanding art, one in which the photographers are expected to be able to form their work with a refined sense of lighting, coupled with compositional skills. The still life photographer makes pictures rather than takes them. Knowing where to look for propping and surfaces also is a required skill.

Photo Challenge Rules:
~ Have FUN with this! There are no right or wrong photos.
~ Take as many pics as you want, share the few you like best.
~ Please share only current photos, taken after the challenge was issued.
~ We CANNOT upload our photos to the SCS galleries. You may upload them as an attachment or host them from your blog or any online photo hosting site. Just provide the direct link to the photo in your post and also make sure that it is not from a password protected album.
~ Just a reminder that we are a family-friendly site if you are sending others off this site to view photos in an album hosted elsewhere.
~ You can jump in and start any of the photo challenges at any time..
~ Again - HAVE FUN

armadillo 11-22-2011 07:28 PM

That's quite a nice still life you created Sabrina.

yellowrose46 11-24-2011 01:43 AM

A lovely artistic creation Sabrina. I'll have to see what I can come up with!

yellowrose46 11-28-2011 07:28 AM

4 Attachment(s)
It took me awhile, but I've come up with a few photos. I was shopping in our little town this week and a couple of stores had wonderful little vignettes in the window. My photos aren't very good as there was no access to these 'still lifes' except through the glass. First one is a Christmas village. Second and third pictures are of the wonderful displays in the window of our 'Dutch' store. The last photo is a 'still life' I put together this morning, of my knitting and crochet works in progress on a tray.

Cook22 11-28-2011 07:58 AM

The window displays are lovely - but my favourite is your wool and works in progress. I love taking a photo of all the different colours of yarn before I start a big project.

yellowrose46 11-28-2011 12:07 PM

As you can see, I have several projects on the go......one is a pink crocheted baby blanket, the other is a crocheted patchwork throw, and third is a pair of knit baby booties. Knitting takes so much longer than crocheting!

krelisbliesa 02-13-2012 09:52 PM

Great work. It's really appreciable.