Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2014, 02:19 AM   #1
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Tickle a Teapotter Coordinator

Default Photo Challenge #194 ~ What Else Can You See ~ [3/14/2014}

I'm so sorry for being late in posting this. I took the photos earlier in the week, but it's been busy in work and I've been very tired so I've been going to bed early every night. On a day off today and trying to catch up with stuff!

What else can you see? Turn off your mental autofocus and find something outside the frame you were composing in.
On Monday morning I was taking photos down by the mainline train station. Nothing new there, I have umpteen photos of the gulls, heron and cormorants in the river or on the wall. But out of the corner of my eye I caught a sense of movement and saw some pigeons perched in a bricked-up window - a totally different picture nothing like my normal ones in that location. So we have the cormorants I was focussed on, and the pigeons that I spotted out of the corner of my eye.
Then as I walked into work on Tuesday I looked at another building I have umpteen photos of - an old hospital which is now the headquarters of our national health service. Most of my photos are of the clock tower, the doors and the windows on the front facade, but when I looked at the clock tower I found a little gable window tucked at an angle into the attic, at right angles to the windows you can see in the clock tower photo.

I know this is a little like an earlier challenge of "Set the Scene and Show the Detail", but in this case the second photo isn't part of the first one, but a different photo altogether.

Photo Challenge Rules:
~ Have FUN with this! There are no right or wrong photos.
~ Take as many pics as you want, share the few you like best.
~ Please share only current photos, taken after the challenge was issued.
~ We CANNOT upload our photos to the SCS galleries. You may upload them as an attachment or host them from your blog or any online photo hosting site. Just provide the direct link to the photo in your post and also make sure that it is not from a password protected album.
~ Just a reminder that we are a family-friendly site if you are sending others off this site to view photos in an album hosted elsewhere.
~ Please jump in and join us in the photo challenges at any time!
~HAVE FUN
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cormpair.jpg (27.6 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg framedbirds.jpg (94.4 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg framedbvirds2.jpg (54.6 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg steevensfacade.jpg (36.3 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg steevensclock.jpg (47.9 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg steevensgable.jpg (40.7 KB, 10 views)
SCS Photo Challenge #203 ~ Trees
Ways to Use It : Thursday Challenge ~ Happy Anniversary (CASE your first upload)
Techniques ~ Monday is Technique Time -TLC503: Pencil Erasers
It's October. That means it must be time for HOPE YOU CAN CLING TO all month long! Come along and join in the fun.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 03-25-2014, 05:37 PM   #2
Stazon Splitcoast

Sabrin a, how did I miss this challenge? I'll have to take my camera with me in the morning on my walk.
I love your photos of the birds in the window frame. Your first photo is so cool too....birds in action!
Old 03-26-2014, 06:03 PM   #3
Stazon Splitcoast

I did take my camera out on our walk this morning. Here's what I came up with, with the help of my walking partner. She's good at seeing what else is there!
The first photo I was going to take was of a path to the left, but then I glanced to the right and saw the tracks of a small animal.
Photo two was going to be of the tree branches on the ground after the ice storm. They have not been cleaned up yet, as this is a cottage road and most folks don't come there in the winter. However, my friend pointed out the small circle of snow on a shed roof.
I took my camera out to catch the fat bunny that crossed our path, but by the time I was ready, he was too far away, but I saw a wonderful snow drift in front of me to the side of the road. As I took the first picture, my friend pointed out that my shadow was also in the photo, so that is the focus here.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN0644.jpg (57.8 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0648.jpg (49.9 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg RSCN0652.jpg (25.1 KB, 8 views)
Old 03-29-2014, 02:14 AM   #4
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Tickle a Teapotter Coordinator

Wow - you still have so much snow, Ina, I can't believe it. Great photos, too. The shadow one is so cool. You know it's you, obviously, but it also looks a bit like a domed building (with a bit of Tim Holtz distressing). The middle one is my favourite - that sort of "puddle" of snow on the roof is amazing. I could look a long time at that one.
SCS Photo Challenge #203 ~ Trees
Ways to Use It : Thursday Challenge ~ Happy Anniversary (CASE your first upload)
Techniques ~ Monday is Technique Time -TLC503: Pencil Erasers
It's October. That means it must be time for HOPE YOU CAN CLING TO all month long! Come along and join in the fun.
Old 03-30-2014, 03:56 AM   #5
Forum Fanatic

Fabulous photos ladies! Your idea for this challenge is intriguing. It's good to call us to this prospect of what might be lurking in the corner of the eye, when it is so easy to just look right past.