Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2013, 07:16 AM   #1
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Tickle a Teapotter Coordinator

Default Photo Challenge #186 Autumn Treasures and Treats {10/25/13}

Photo challenge 186 ~ Autumn Treasures and Treats.I'm afraid I was feeling a bit uninspired and unimaginative when it came to thinking up an idea for the current challenge. And it's been GREY here. I was sure we must have already had an autumn challenge, but without actually searching through the Master List, neither Autumn nor Fall brings anything up. So - it's pretty much an autumn free-for-all. Colours, seasonal decor, seasonal treats (pumpkin spice latte ), harvest from the hedgerows, anything that speaks "autumn" to you. As well as our harvest of sloes which went into the sloe gin I shared last challenge, I've been gathering sweet chestnuts from work!!!
I'll be back later with some more photos but here are a couple from my walk this morning. It was a beautiful morning - blue skies at last, sunshine, mild...
So I have a photo of a beech nut on the ground, a diseased leaf which I still thought was quite beautiful, and two photos from the park. Our colours are never as spectacular as North American colours. There is a bit of red and orange about, but it's very late for it still to be so green and leafy. This time last year the trees were almost bare. So both the leaves and the blue sky and sunshine were a real treat this morning.

Photo Challenge Rules:
~ Have FUN with this! There are no right or wrong photos.
~ Take as many pics as you want, share the few you like best.
~ Please share only current photos, taken after the challenge was issued.
~ We CANNOT upload our photos to the SCS galleries. You may upload them as an attachment or host them from your blog or any online photo hosting site. Just provide the direct link to the photo in your post and also make sure that it is not from a password protected album.
~ Just a reminder that we are a family-friendly site if you are sending others off this site to view photos in an album hosted elsewhere.
~ Please jump in and join us in the photo challenges at any time!
~HAVE FUN
Attached Images
File Type: jpg beechniut.jpg (63.0 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg diseasedleaf.jpg (104.0 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg park1.jpg (42.0 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg park2.jpg (50.5 KB, 11 views)
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-25-2013, 05:54 PM   #2
Stazon Splitcoast

Sabrina, does snow count as fall? We had snow today, although it didn't stay on the ground. I am going to cheat a little bit on this challenge, as technically we are not supposed to use photos taken after the challenge has been posted. But our fall colours are mostly gone. Two weeks ago my sister-in-law and I took a day trip up north and got some fabulous colour photos.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN0148.jpg (74.0 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0211.jpg (53.5 KB, 12 views)
Old 10-25-2013, 06:09 PM   #3
Stazon Splitcoast

A couple more
The first one is of my 18 month old grandson.....taken in the playground one week ago. The second one was taken two days ago There are still a few colourful leaves around.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RSCN8942.jpg (110.7 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0173.jpg (50.9 KB, 6 views)
Old 10-26-2013, 05:29 AM   #4
Stazon Splitcoast

When I was drifting off to sleep last night, I was contemplating the photos I would take this morning, to show the treasures and treats of the fall season. When I awoke, the world was white, snow covering all the picture ideas! Our first decent snowfall of the season!
Old 10-26-2013, 02:43 PM   #5
Inking Addict

Nice photos, Ladies! Lots of pretty scenery around your areas and awesome things to look at out there in nature. I really love seeing your posts!

Most of my photos are fall decorations although the pumpkin on the black cake plate is real but for decor rather than eating. The orange flowers in the first pic are growing in our front yard (love their color).

The photo of the little squirrel was taken this afternoon. She was on our back patio and is so tiny compared to others I've seen around here. I just had to add her with my photos for this challenge... hmmm maybe I'll name her "Autumn" ~ LOL!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg _DSC0394-1.jpg (56.0 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg _DSC0397-1.jpg (47.8 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg _DSC0398-1.jpg (51.6 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg _DSC0402-1.jpg (36.6 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg _DSC0405-1.jpg (32.2 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg _DSC0418-1.jpg (65.7 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg _DSC0414-1.jpg (61.7 KB, 12 views)
Old 10-27-2013, 09:01 AM   #6
SCS Gallery Moderator

Oh Ina, isn't that typical! Snow, just when you'd thought of more autumn pictures. Your lake and tree photos are just beautiful.
Seasonal treats are good, too, even if all the colour is gone. I want to take a photo of all the nuts I've gathered in work .
You have a great selection there, Lynn! I think the third one is my favourite! The spider on the candy corn reminds me, for some reason, of the spider in The Hobbit - or is it Lord of the Rings, I just can't think now if there's a spider in both.
Old 10-27-2013, 09:29 AM   #7
Stazon Splitcoast

Super photos Lynn. I like the lit jack-o-lantern the best! I love the angle and the warm glow!
Old 10-27-2013, 05:15 PM   #8
Stazon Splitcoast

I got out for a little walk around the neighbourhood and got a few more photos. Photo one is of a leaf on my front lawn. The second one is a fall decoration at the front of my neighbour's house. the third is of the red cotoneaster berries on another neighbour's lawn.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN9991.jpg (83.3 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN9993.jpg (115.5 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN9997.jpg (74.4 KB, 10 views)
Old 10-28-2013, 10:35 AM   #9
Inking Addict

Thanks Sabrina, I'm a little partial to that spider. He has a smiley face (not sure if you can see it) that makes me happy even though I really don't like spiders. I know that the "Harry Potter" movies had large spiders in them... Ewwwwww ~ LOL!! Maybe that's what you're thinking of?

Thanks Ina! I love your photos of the outdoors. Wish we had more of a "fall" down here like they have in the northern part of the US and where you live. I especially like your second picture of the pumpkins and fall colored flowers with the hay. Fall is my favorite season of the year with all the beautiful colors, smells, etc... absolutely love it!
Old 10-29-2013, 12:10 AM   #10
SCS Gallery Moderator

We had a crazy busy weekend so I didn't get any more photos taken. Out at my aunt's today, so I might find something in her garden, or I am off tomorrow and WILL make time for my chestnuts.
Your neighbours decoration is quite something, Ina. I love the berries. And I know it's hard to take good red berry pictures . The rowan trees on the road here are still a riot of berries, I'm surprised the birds haven't eaten them up yet.