Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2013, 10:39 AM   #1
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Tickle a Teapotter Coordinator

Default Photo Challenge #169 ~ Time to Tidy!! {01/08/2013}

We all have them. At least - I think we all do! Those drawers, dishes, little boxes and containers where we put things just to tidy them out of the way, or because they might be useful some time. For me, sometimes, it's even just stuff I've put on a stair waiting to carry upstairs and put away.
Find something and tidy it , and take a couple of photos while you're at it.

Photo Challenge Rules:

~ Have FUN with this! There are no right or wrong photos.
~ Take as many pics as you want, share the few you like best.
~ Please share only current photos, taken after the challenge was issued.
~ We CANNOT upload our photos to the SCS galleries. You may upload them as an attachment or host them from your blog or any online photo hosting site. Just provide the direct link to the photo in your post and also make sure that it is not from a password protected album.
~ Just a reminder that we are a family-friendly site if you are sending others off this site to view photos in an album hosted elsewhere.
~ Please jump in and join us in the photo challenges at any time!

I didn't have a lot of time today, so while I had been thinking of including my little tin of earrings (which I try to go through once a year or so and throw the odd ones out), I just took what was handy in the sitting room during a brief sunny spell. Both these sit on the shelf above the radiator.

The little tureen is a vegetable dish from an old, old dinner set that belonged to my grandparents, if not my great-grandparents. I have 6 plates and six soup plates but no side-plates - and because they can't go in the dishwasher they don't get used very often .
In it is the 50F note that I showed recently, a couple of decorative "coins" showing Paris monuments, a millennium euro coin, two antique lace caps, an ancient six pence (in one of the envelopes), a tube of glue and a clip - which I use for holding music on the piano! Now thrown out was part of an old decorative waste-paper bin and some ancient unmounted stamps from a child's set, and moved upstairs is a little self-stamping paw-print!

The little china bowl came from the South of France. In it are a collection of adapters for a mains charger, and a spare jack for the stereo system, a little button, a very rusty Allen key (but it might be the size that fits my spare tripod, I need to check!) and a very dusty old necklace of my mothers. No longer there is a piece of wood veneer and a small rubber ball.

So - get the New Year off to a good start by tidying something and feeling good about it, and share it with us here.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg turreen.jpg (41.8 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg turreencontents.jpg (63.3 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg bowl.jpg (74.3 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg bowlcontents.jpg (71.9 KB, 15 views)
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-09-2013, 07:41 AM   #2
Stazon Splitcoast

Good one Sabrina! My whole house could fit this challenge, but it would take awhile before you get the 'after' photos!
Old 01-09-2013, 11:50 AM   #3
Stazon Splitcoast

Very timely challenge Sabrina; my stamping area is a huge mess and with the latest round of shuffle the kids' bedrooms around I've lost some pieces of furniture and gained others so I'm doing a complete re-do of the area. I love to take before and afters to encourage myself in the process. My DS however said "No way" when I wanted to take before pix of his room! I took a few shots earlier of the whole area, but I'll take some of smaller areas so I'll actually be able to show some progress! Thanks for the push in the right direction.
**I think I have that exact bowl...probably a gift from my parents' travels.

Stamping for my Sanity's Sake!

Romans 8:28-29
I finally have a blog! Click here to check it out.
Old 01-12-2013, 07:48 AM   #4
Stazon Splitcoast

Well, I did get my dining room table cleaned up in time for luncheon guests. Although my recreation room is my stamping room, I use my dining room table for crafting most of the time, as my stamp room table is piled high with supplies.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Snowmen 001.jpg (44.8 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 003.jpg (60.6 KB, 12 views)
Old 01-12-2013, 09:14 AM   #5
SCS Gallery Moderator

Oh wow - what a difference!! And I thought I was bad, LOL.
It looks like a lovely bright space to stamp, and I like your flowers.
Old 01-12-2013, 09:26 AM   #6
Pearl-ExPert

Well, straightening seems to be a lost cause for me as once I straighten up something and turn my back, it is a mess again! I could take a photo of my kitchen counter, clean it up then hopefully get another picture before those messy gremlins return
Old 01-13-2013, 02:23 AM   #7
SCS Gallery Moderator

We all have those gremlins! I swear I tidy my desk every day, but you'd never believe it.
Old 01-13-2013, 02:07 PM   #8
Glitter Guru

Oh dear....you would have to choose that topic.....I feel like my life is one continual clean up the mess.....right now you can't sit and eat at our dining room table because I have it covered with images and my watercolor pencils......but hopefully they will go downstairs to the craft cave tomorrow.....I will think about taking a photo or two.
On a brighter note.....received a phone call from #1 son (our 3rd child) asking if I would be willing to come help with the baby when it arrives next month.......can you say.....oh the suitcase is packed? I am so excited to help......I was able to help with the other 3 and was so afraid they might not think they need any help. Both are strongly independent young parents to be. so, now I am thinking of what stamping supplies I can take that won't intrude.

Card Sketch Challenge 1-198 done only 283+ to go to be caught up!!!!!

-30 and sweating
100 by 100 first round begins Jan 1, 2014

http://www.2014-100-100-first-round-
Old 01-13-2013, 10:07 PM   #9
SCS Gallery Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-mouse View Post
Oh dear....you would have to choose that topic.....I feel like my life is one continual clean up the mess.....right now you can't sit and eat at our dining room table because I have it covered with images and my watercolor pencils......but hopefully they will go downstairs to the craft cave tomorrow.....I will think about taking a photo or two.
On a brighter note.....received a phone call from #1 son (our 3rd child) asking if I would be willing to come help with the baby when it arrives next month.......can you say.....oh the suitcase is packed? I am so excited to help......I was able to help with the other 3 and was so afraid they might not think they need any help. Both are strongly independent young parents to be. so, now I am thinking of what stamping supplies I can take that won't intrude.
How wonderful for you! Do you think you'd have much time for card-making while you're there? That's when I like something like knitting that's easy to pack.

I tidied my spice jars yesterday and re-labelled them after washing all the lids. Didn't get a before photo as I started putting the lids to soak in warm water while I was making dinner, but I might try to get an after photo today if I can.
Old 01-27-2013, 01:10 PM   #10
Pearl-ExPert

I finally cleaned my kitchen counter today weeks after I took the before picture!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg #169-time to tidy before.jpg (40.1 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg #169-time to tidy after.jpg (31.8 KB, 6 views)
Old 01-28-2013, 05:23 AM   #11
SCS Gallery Moderator

That's some difference .
I like your lampshade - very nice - and the round earthenware bowl.
I cook too much for my counter ever to get quite as cluttered as your before, but I have to admit that it rarely approaches the tidiness of your after photo!
Old 01-28-2013, 07:16 AM   #12
Pearl-ExPert

Sadly, the tidiness won't last long. I rarely used that side for preparing anything; I always use the one on the other side of the sink.