Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2011, 06:15 AM   #1
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Photo challenge 145 'Calendars' {Dec7,2011}

Photo challenge 145 'Calendars' Sorry for the late post. We've had such little participation in the challenges lately that I forgot this week.
The countdown is on! Every day I hear people say, "Only.....more days till Christmas"! So we check the calendars to see how many more days. I am a calendar girl....no, no, I don't pose for naughty calendar shots I just like having a calendar in every room of my house! Each year a lot of charities that I donate to, send me calendars, so I always have lots. Sometimes I find one in a store that I just have to have.....as witnessed by my hot air balloon calendar! O.K. lets see your calendar, or how you keep tack of the days till Christmas. Advent calendars, i-phone calendars, regular....anything goes! P.S. I save my old calendars for using on iris folding designs, as the colorful papers are nice and thin!

Photo Challenge Rules:
~ Have FUN with this! There are no right or wrong photos.
~ Take as many pics as you want, share the few you like best.
~ Please share only current photos, taken after the challenge was issued.
~ We CANNOT upload our photos to the SCS galleries. You may upload them as an attachment or host them from your blog or any online photo hosting site. Just provide the direct link to the photo in your post and also make sure that it is not from a password protected album.
~ Just a reminder that we are a family-friendly site if you are sending others off this site to view photos in an album hosted elsewhere.
~ You can jump in and start any of the photo challenges at any time..
~ Again - HAVE FUN

My photos....The first one is the only calendar in this group that I bought.The next three in order are from the Canadian Bible Society, the Alzheimer society, and the Mouth and foot painting artists (this is my desk calendar). Of course they all send these calendars in the hope that you make a year end donation.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN8494.jpg (38.2 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN8489.jpg (36.7 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN8497.jpg (47.7 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN8491.jpg (40.8 KB, 12 views)

Last edited by yellowrose46; 12-07-2011 at 06:20 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-07-2011, 11:41 PM   #2
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Tickle a Teapotter Coordinator

New avatar!!
This sounds like fun. We're not really calendar people - if nobody gives us one we just print a couple of pages off every couple of months. But I have some lovely advent calendars .
Off to visit my aunt and I won't be back in daylight, though, so this will have to wait.

The balloon page is my favourite for feel-good factor, but I love that barn one too - so different to Irish barns.
Old 12-08-2011, 12:24 PM   #3
Pearl-ExPert

Here are my calendars although I don't count down to Christmas. Shoot, I don't even decorate anymore other than putting up my two little bah hum bug signs on the front and back doors. Any who, the first calendar is on the wall near my computer, the second is on the wall above my telephone and the third one I use to mark birthdays, appointments and such and that is on the coffee table in the room where I spend most of my time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg #145-Calendars-DSCN0779.jpg (119.9 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg #145-Calendars-DSCN0780.jpg (108.8 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg #145-Calendars-DSCN0782.jpg (125.6 KB, 10 views)
Old 12-09-2011, 04:12 AM   #4
Stazon Splitcoast

I see a theme here Audrey. Animals. I used to get the World Wildlife Organization's calendars too, but they caught on about 3 years after I stopped donating to their cause. The puppy on your first calendar is so cute!
I'm like you, I don't decorate much for Christmas. I have a wreath on my door. Today, I am going to make a decision about whether I will put up a tree this year. It's been 4 years since I have had a tree.
Old 12-09-2011, 12:22 PM   #5
SCS Gallery Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowrose46 View Post
I see a theme here Audrey. Animals. I used to get the World Wildlife Organization's calendars too, but they caught on about 3 years after I stopped donating to their cause. The puppy on your first calendar is so cute!
I'm like you, I don't decorate much for Christmas. I have a wreath on my door. Today, I am going to make a decision about whether I will put up a tree this year. It's been 4 years since I have had a tree.

I think we're passing on a tree this year - 55 for a good one! I'll miss it, I love the pine smell in the morning, and I like the memories attached to all the decorations.

A couple of years back we made proper photo calendars and gave them as gifts. It was a lot of work - this year our own was just a DIY job printed every couple of months with a photo from the same month the previous year.

Then we have one of my several advent calendars. This is a Noah's Ark, faded a bit. When I minded my friend's kids they loved playing with it.

Another advent calendar. You know the never-ending cards? This is like those, only it's a never-ending box. Great fun .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg calendar.jpg (40.3 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg adcal1.jpg (44.7 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg adcal2.jpg (61.0 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg adcal3.jpg (57.2 KB, 8 views)
Old 12-09-2011, 12:28 PM   #6
SCS Gallery Moderator

I also have not one but two Advent calendars on my PC. Well, I had one from last year, and when they brought out a London version too I had to get that to see what it was like. I sent a few of these as gifts.

And - ummmm - another Advent calendar. I don't actually have this one out this year, so the piano top is a bit cluttered. It runs the full length of the piano when each page is open. My mother gave it to me in '93, the year she had her heart attack, visiting my half-sis in Boston. It must have been one of the few bits of her Christmas shopping she got done.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg adcal5.jpg (46.2 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg adcal4.jpg (42.1 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg adcal6.jpg (49.1 KB, 6 views)
Old 12-09-2011, 12:30 PM   #7
SCS Gallery Moderator

Is that a Kliban calendar I see? I haven't had one of those for years - I loved it when my half-sis gave them to me. But sometimes they didn't arrive till July, by which time I was up and running with other calendars.
Old 12-09-2011, 06:53 PM   #8
Pearl-ExPert

Yes Sabrina that is a Kliban calendar and I love all your advent calendars.
Old 12-10-2011, 11:37 AM   #9
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh Sabrina, your advent calendars are amazing! Did you make the box one? The on line calendars are interesting too....when you click on the date, what do you get?
Old 12-10-2011, 11:38 AM   #10
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh yes, I love the book one your mom gave you too. Next year, I must make an advent calendar for my grandkids. I'll have more time then, after I am retired.
Old 12-11-2011, 11:49 AM   #11
SCS Gallery Moderator

No - I didn't make the box one. I'd love to have a try, but I'm afraid to take it to bits. I need to make 8 plain cubes and then work out the hinging mechanism.
On the online ones, you get a different little animation and Christmas music each day, and then that part of the calendar stays active. So in the village scene, there were no skaters on the pond till the day that you clicked on the pond. I sent one of each to a friend with two kids - she says so far they click on each day every time, and she reckons if they don't get tired of it, it's getting to take them about an hour to get through the whole thing as it gets closer to the 24th .
Old 12-22-2011, 04:23 AM   #12
Stampin' Fool

Send a message via MSN to BittyBadger
Default 2011 Calendar

There must be as many kinds of calendars as there are stars...lol We have a very nice variety right here on this thread. Thank you all for showing your favorites cuz that is how I learn new things. My favorite calendar this year of 2011 is hanging by the telephone in the kitchen. Antique cars are sooooo pretty but then so in the new calendar for 2012 that is filled with hummingbird pics. Happy New Year to all.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Car Calendar.jpg (65.3 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by BittyBadger; 12-22-2011 at 04:25 AM.. Reason: Forgot to add my picture of calendar.
Old 12-22-2011, 04:31 AM   #13
Stazon Splitcoast

Bitty Badger, that is impressive! It would be a real pleasure to look at that photo for a whole month! Thanks for sharing! Merry Christmas and a Happy New year to you also!
Old 12-22-2011, 07:27 AM   #14
SCS Gallery Moderator

Oh, I'd love looking at cars like that all year!