Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-17-2011, 05:52 AM   #1
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile Tyler (12) SURGERY #58 NOT SUCCESSFUL PRAY, PRAY, PRAY!!

Please pray for this sweet 10 year old boy, his family, send happy mail and if possible, help them financially. The following is an excerpt from Tyler's site.

TYLER FACES MORE SURGERY

TYLER IS GOING BACK TO MARYLAND SEP- 1- TO GET SET UP FOR MORE THIS WONT BE SURGERY DATE ,BUT WILL BE TO MAKE SURGERY DATE PLANES ,FOR JAW REPLACEMENT , HIS MEDAL IS POKING THROUGH JAW AND HE WILL HAVE TO GET HIS MEDAL JAW TAKEN OUT. TYLER HAS SUFFERED FOR A LONG TIME AND HIS JOURNEY IS A LONG WAY FROM BEING OVER ..SC HAS GIVEN UP ON TYLER, HE MUST TRAVEL 600 MILES FROM HOME FOR HIS TREATMENT.

SO SAD THIS CHILD HAS HAD 45 SURGERIES ALL READY, PLEASE PRAY FOR HIS FAMILY AND LITTLE TYLER. THEY WILL BE TAKEN THE BONE FROM MOM'S LEG TO REPLACE TYLER'S JAW AGAIN BOTH MOM AND TYLER WILL BE IN THE HOSPITAL IN MARYLAND 600 MILES FROM HOME. TYLER AND MOM NEED PRAYERS AND DONATIONS OR TYLER WILL NOT BE ABLE TO GET THE MEDICAL ATTENTION HE NEEDS SO MUCH. ALL DONATIONS ARE SPENT ON TRAVEL AND TYLER MEDICAL NEEDS - HELPING SWEET TYLER TO SAVE HIS LIFE.

TYLER HAS TWO BROTHERS, JAYDEN AND ETHAN, FATHER RICHIE LOST JOB DUE TO HAVING TO BE OUT TO STAY WITH THEM - HASN'T BEEN ABLE TO GET A JOB. THEY HAVE NO CAR AND LIVE WHERE THERE'S NO BUS SERVICES, SO PLEASE PRAY FOR FINANCIAL NEEDS. GRANDMOTHER DARLENE DOES ALL SHE CAN MAKING MOBILE HOME PAYMENTS SO THEY WILL HAVE A PLACE TO LIVE AND SHE TRAVELS WITH TYLER.

GOD BLESS EACH OF YOU AND WE LOVE YOU

TYLER LOVES GETTING SNAIL MAIL FOR ALL SURGERIES.

TYLER'S ADRESS IS

TYLER TUCKER
C/O DARLENE COX
PO BOX 14386,
GREENVILLE SC 29690

DONATIONS CAN BE PUT IN TO ANY SUNTRUST BANK IN SC USING THE NAMES DARLENE COX FOR TYLER TUCKER ,GREENVILLE SC

Diagnosis: Tyler is in remission from Rhabdomyosarcoma. He is still facing many surgeries due to complications from the cancer.

Health Status: In Remission

Favorite Things: XBOX360 GAMES SWORDS,WATER GUNS ,MOVIES

Stuff About Me: I HAVE HAD 45 SURGERIES CANCER ATE MY JAW BONE AND LUNG AWAY I CAN NOT BE HELPED IN SC. DOCTORS HAVE GIVEN UP ON ME SO I HAVE TO GO TO MARYLAND, 600 MILES FROM HOME FOR MY SURGERIES. I HAVE TO GO BACK SEP 1 TO BE SET UP FOR YET ANOTHER SURGERY. AT THIS TIME FAMILY HAS TO DEPEND ON DONATIONS TO GET ME TO MARYLAND. I NEED YOUR PRAYERS. THE DRS PLAN ON TAKING BONE FROM MY MOM TO TRY FIX MY JAW. THE SURGERY I JUST HAD HAS ALL READY FAILED.

Tyler's Coles Pages site --

Cole's Pages

Thank you so much!

Last edited by caterinafmig; 06-21-2013 at 05:56 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-21-2011, 06:30 AM   #2
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

NEW UPDATE

Journal Posting

Wednesday, July 20, 2011 7:20 PM

Special prayers needed for Tyler please send to every one you know and ask prayer for Tyler.

I wish I could make him well I wish I could make his pain go away, we will never give up and Tyler has to have the surgeries or he wont be able to use his mouth or eat and then he won't be around long, so please don't ask that we stop having the surgeries.

DR RODRIGUEZ'S is doing his best to save Tyler. Tyler is hurting really bad we have called DR Rodriguez's, he called in loads of pain medication and we have to have Tyler in Maryland on Thursday 28th. The metal titanium, has push up threw Tyler's ear and he can not hear his is is closed up, his ear is hurting and theres a big knot where metal is ready to come threw his jaw. They all ready took part of the titanium jaw out. He is hurting even with the pain medication , Now his leg is hurting and hes saying he wont's the rods taken out of his leg. Tyler has been threw so much. He did have a few good days last week.

On top of all this Tyler's dog Scooby has disappeared. Ashley went to ever house trying to find it for Tyler no one has seen it Tyler is so sad his dog is missing. Please say a prayer for Tyler and our family. This is really hard on every one both mental and financial but God always provides a way.

Tyler ask for a new game today he's bored with his others but I told him we couldn't get it. He will need what money he has if DR Rodriguez's decides to go ahead with taken mom's fibula from her leg for Tyler's jaw. We will have to be in Maryland a while, while both Tyler and mom are in the hospital.

If you have never walked in the shoes of a cancer child, you need to be thanking God. Cancer has destroyed my little Tyler. He looks so skinny and so scared with his little twisted face. Am always asking God for help, it's the only way I can save Tyler. Am trying to get things ready for a yard sale to help raise some money. On top of everything else the transmission on the truck went out. just something else to worry me.

Thanks all of Tyler's angels, you all have been God sent.

Any one wanting to help you can use pay pal turpin10648@gmail.com
or send to post office box

Tyler Tucker c/o Darlene Cox
PO BOX 14386
Greenville, SC 29610

or even go to any sc suntrust bank and give the name Darlene cox for Tyler Tucker, Greenville SC
Old 07-26-2011, 04:24 PM   #3
Die Cut Diva

Oh Heavens! How sad! Of course I'll pray.
He set His STAMP of ownership on us, and put His spirit in our hearts as a deposit 2 Cor 1:22 Jan
Old 07-26-2011, 04:29 PM   #4
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Thanks so much Jan!!
Old 08-21-2011, 10:55 AM   #5
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Tyler and his family are going through a very rough time getting the medical care he so desperately needs. Please pray and if possible send some encouragement on his site or a card.

You may go to Tyler's site on Coles Pages after signing in. His address is the following.

PO BOX 14386
Greenville, SC 29610

Thanks
Old 09-01-2011, 08:24 AM   #6
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Just wanted to remind everyone that September is National Childhood cancer Awareness month and the color is gold. Please wear a gold ribbon for all the brave kids, their families and help bring more awareness. Thanks!
Old 09-07-2011, 05:28 AM   #7
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Latest update - please pray for Tyler and send him a card! Thanks so much.

MORE SURGERY FOR 10 YEAR OLD TYLER TUCKER

We went to Maryland on the 1st and saw Dr. Rodriguez. He said he is going to have to set the surgery up as soon as he can get all the teams coordinated because the plate is fixing to come through Tyler's skin. He said he could be just sitting in a chair and its gonna come through. He said we will be there over a month when he has it because Tyler will have to take immuno suppresive meds for a while so he doesn't reject his mothers bone. He has a lot of teams that have to be involved so it will be the end of the month before he has it. He has to have the transplant team, Tyler's oncologist , plastics and several others teams.each team 8to 10 Dr's . They are gonna try to put Tyler and Ashley in the same room after the operation.

Ashley will be in the hospital around 4 or 5 days and Tyler will be in a while. They are going to take around 80 percent of her fibula to put in his jaw. They said they take a little bit extra to make sure they have plenty to work with. They are gonna use her bone because they said Charleston used all the bones he had big enough to use when they did it and it failed.please pray for all of us Tyler and our family needs those prayers .

Please help us if you are able we still need donations to help out this is going to be a long time away from home.I will be going with Ashley and Tyler by myself, cost way to much to take every one. So we had to do what we have too,would be nice if we could get an apartment donated for two months in Baltimore Maryland close to hospital but I don't think that will happen.Just think what if this was your child,and you needed this help and you had to live ever day knowing he is own pain medication to keep him from suffering .

Dr Rodriguez's office will be calling with surgery dates he said in a couple weeks...would still like to give Tyler a birthday party before he has surgery. If you can help with this please contact me let me know, if any one can donate or even have a benefit,or yard sale for Tyler we sure would appreciate it so much.

As always you can donate on tylertucker.com using turpin10648@bellsouth.net
or mail to post office box
PO BOX 14386
Greenville, SC 29610

Most importantly, pray pray pray for my boy this surgery will be about twenty to thirty hrs. This surgery could take my boy, please please pray. This will be as bad as the first surgery Tyler had so please tell your churches and all your friends about Tyler please give his web page to all your friends.

We love you all so much and thank you all have help save Tyler. He still loves the cards.

Please hug your children and tell them you love them each day.
Old 09-09-2011, 01:55 PM   #8
Kookie Creator

Send a message via MSN to germania73

I will be making Cards this Weekend and will send 1 to Tyler Monday!
God bless
Old 09-09-2011, 02:24 PM   #9
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by germania73 View Post
I will be making Cards this Weekend and will send 1 to Tyler Monday!
God bless

Thank you, Chris! What a blessing it will be to Tyler and his family.

September is Childhood cancer Awareness Month
Old 09-19-2011, 12:19 PM   #10
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Please pray for sweet precious Tyler - he is going through a horrible time and needs prayer.

Here is the latest post from his site.

Monday, September 19, 2011 11:38 AM

TYLERS NOT DOING GOOD , He was at musc hospital last thursday and fri for testing ,he cried the whole time he was there ,He hated all the needles ,said it hurt him really bad , we are still waiting to hear from maryland about tylers surgery ,ashley talked to DR Rodregzues he said hes having a time getting the teams together to do Tylers operation he will have to have 4 to five different teams ,he said hes trying to get thing set up for Tyler please please pray for Tyler ,TYLERS STORY SUSPOSE TO BE IN THE GREENVILLE NEWS PAPER THIS WEEK

September is Childhood cancer Awareness Month
Wear a Gold Ribbon for the Kids!!
Old 09-21-2011, 05:14 AM   #11
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Please pray for Tyler - this is the latest post from his site.

Hi everyone
It's three thirty in the morning and I couldn't sleep for worrying about my Tyty.

MUSC oncology called yesterday and we need a prayer chain started for Tyler, he is home with his family right now.

Please send to ever one you know. They found something in Tyler mouth right at his tonsils some kind of a lump or tumor said that they don't no what it is that they are taking it before the board. They said that they were sending all the scans to Dr Rodriguez's. Please pray that its not the cancer back. They said that it could be from the medal jaw. I know Tyler has gotten where he's in a lot more pain and cannot hardly swallow, was thinking last night how can it be from the medal jaw that is coming out but is up high just before the temple above the cheek.

Please please pray I am going today talk to some people about his birthday party .

Tyler tryed to get out of the house two days ago and was walking to garden of a friend's and he tripped and fell he got up crying and looked at Ashley and said, you wonder why i don't go out this is why I aways fall and get hurt, he still has to get the medal bars taken out of his legs.

The Greenville News is suppose to run his story but it hasn't been in there yet. I think they may have to wait till they can find space for it I will post a link when it comes out.

We still waiting to get the surgery dates in Maryland, maybe we will hear before long. Tyler said he want to get this surgery over with because he hurts. All Tyler's angels out their please please say a prayer for our boy. We are scared and don't no what the future holds for Tyler

Thank all that have helped us no mater how or what you have done we are so great full.

Tyler still loves the cars and his PO box is Tyler Tucker c/o Darlene Cox
PO BOX 14386
Greenville, SC 29610
if you like to send him a card .

Also pray for mom Ashley and the rest of our family.This is so stressful.

Our little ones just don't understand Nathan and Jayden think they should go with us the Dr's and hospital but they have to be left behind so they can go to school. Nathan is Tyler's cousin who has been with Tyler, Jayden and Ethan for four years. Nathan is four and Jayden is five, Ethan's will be three in Jan.

Seems like Tyler can not get a break.

We feel sure the coyotes got his dog but he now has a new puppy thanks to grandma Gail and aunt Tiffany.

On top of everything else the roof own Tyler's mobile home started leaking and soaked the ceiling and the carpet. Grandpa got up there and tried to patch it but found more bad spots. then the darn septic tank messed up and we had it pumped out its filled back up in a week so the line is stopped up it will be trying to get it fixed this week. Now the washer has messed up and they have to stand and watch it or it runs over in the floor gosh wonder what Else can go wrong. I just do what I can and put it in gods hands.

IF IT WASN'T FOR BAD LUCK THIS FAMILY WOULDN'T HAVE ANY LUCK AT ALL all this is small next to what Tyler is going through most important is prayers for Tyler ask God to help my boy please we love you all and thank you.

--
FROGgin’ (F.R.O.G. – Fully Rely On God)
--
for
Tyler

turpin10648@gmail.com
PO BOX 14386
Greenville, SC 29610
Old 09-25-2011, 03:50 PM   #12
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

TOMORROW IS ST. JUDE'S DAY AT CHILI'S - ALL PROCEEDS WILL GO TOWARDS RESEARCH FOR THE KIDS FIGHTING CANCER.

If you can, please go for Tyler, have a meal and bring a friend! Thanks!!

SEPTEMBER IS CHILDHOOD cancer AWARENESS MONTH
THE COLOR RIBBON IS GOLD TO WEAR FOR THE KIDS!!
Old 09-27-2011, 06:34 AM   #13
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Latest update - please pray

Tuesday, September 27, 2011 7:11 AM

Things are not good for Tyler Ashley is calling Dr Rodriguez's today. Something is happen to Tyler's face, we don't understand. There's something pulling in his face causing his eye to pull shut and he can not get it open. At times he says its hurting him and feels really tight. Wondering if its a vain or mussel. Please pray for Tyler!

He was sitting playing his game, all at once he gets up walks over to me puts his arms around me and said you know I love you don't you, my I felt this big lump in my stomach and was thinking to my self why God why is Tyler going through all this. I'm worried about the surgery this time. I will also hate leaving my little Nathan, Jayden and Ethan at home, there's no other way.

Ashely is calling musc today about the lump that was found next to Tyler's tonsils.

The balance of medical bill that Tyler has at the university of Maryland has to be paid so I have to come up with that before his surgery. I have put a couple jars out to try collect money but that isn't going too well. Tyler’s surgery cannot take place until they find a way to pay it. Anything you can do to help would be very much appreciated by the family. I know I have to ask a lot but Tyler wouldn't be here if I don't. You all have been a big part in saving Tyler life. As before I would take Tyler's place if I could. Attached is a copy of the bill it also has account numbers and how it can be paid. Cole's Pages

Tyler's birthday party is this Friday - that has all been taken CARE of by his wonderful friend Steven. Thank you so much Steven.

Saturday is the school festival, hoping Tyler will be able to go have a little fun. Also courage kids is having their Halloween get together and I hope Tyler will be able to go. Courages kids, you all are wonderful and we love you all so much.

Also I have a lot to do getting ready for this surgery. I will have to make sure all the kids left behind have everything they need because we won't be home for Christmas because of some medication that Tyler will have to take concerning the transplant from Ashley leg to Tyler's jaw.

By the way my monthly check up was yesterday I have lost fifty-five pounds. I keep saying to myself great job Darlene, nothing is going to keep me from being with Tyler and Ashley for this surgery.

God bless, thank you all and pray pray for my Tyty.

--

for

Tyler
Old 10-06-2011, 12:56 PM   #14
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Please continue to pray that Tyler will get the surgery he needs as his mom, Ashley is giving him a bone from her leg for his jaw. Tyler has had nearly 50 surgeries. All the family is in need of your support and prayers. Thanks so much! Below is from his site.

Tyler Tucker has made a journal update:

MOORE NEWS ON TYLER

Hello everyone, more news own Tyler.

First Dr Rodriguez called 10-4-11 he said that he has not gotten the records from musc that he needs on Tyler. Ashley signed for them on the 16th of last month. She has called them and they are suppose to be sending them.

Dr Rodriguez's said that the spot they see in Tyler is not coming from the metal in his jaw. He said he doesn't know what it is but he has to be checked out. Said maybe tonsils or something else. We are trying to contact Dr Kebecka to get this done but she hasn't called us back yet. We are praying it's not cancer. So we will be making a trip soon to mucc.

Next he said that we have to come to Maryland soon as he can set it up. We have to meet two days with doctors at University of Maryland about Ashley and Tyler's surgery. So now we will go to Maryland for this and then go back for the surgery on the 28th. At that time we will be staying up to eight weeks leaving Greenville right after Thanksgiving and won't be home for Christmas.

Also Tyler's birthday was wonderful and we thank everyone that made it possible for Tyler it was so good to see him smile. Tyler loved all the birthday cards and gifts he received from everyone. His teachers and some of his classmates were at his party. Thank you all for making Tyler so happy and most of all thank you Steven for paying for Tyler's party, cake and all the trimmings.

Also the medical bill is also being paid so that will be taken care of. Thank you and God bless you. Now Tyler will be able to have his surgery!
There are a lot of angels watching out for Tyler.Tyler's grandma Gail will be taken five days off so she can go to Maryland and sit with Ashley and Tyler. What a big help this will be. She loves those boys with all her heart .

THANKS TO TYLER'S AUNT TIFFANY FOR ALL THE MOVIE TICKETS FROM HER JOB THE HAVE RAISED TWO HUNDRED EIGHT DOLLARS FOR TYLER
I don't know how many of you read the Greenville News but things don't look too good. Dr Rodriguez said this was the worst case he had ever had but he also said that Tyler has an awesome caring supporting family.
I know that God will be with Tyler and our family. I will always keep my faith and know God is with me.

Next Tyler's little brother has been throwing up at school and sleeping a hour or more at school. He also want talk to us and says he feels bad. The doctors are running all kind of test own him saying that these could be signs of a brain tumor that he has to be checked out. Said we wouldn't here for the test for a week or so please pray he is OK. So we have been sitting at doctor's office with Jayden.

Papa George is trying to get the van all fixed up for the trip to Charleston and if Tyler and Ashley need him he will drive to Maryland.

Once again I say to you please hug your kids tell them each day that you love them. No one knows what tomorrow will bring. What if this were your child.

God bless each of you and we love you all so much any one wanting to help with this for Tyler can donate here at tylertucker.com and I promise you ever dime is put into Tyler account and used for his medical needs.This is so depressing both mental and financial one thing everyone can do is pray for Tyler and our family.

--

for

Tyler

turpin10648@gmail.com
PO BOX 14386
Greenville, SC 29610
Old 10-10-2011, 12:18 PM   #15
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Please continue to pray for sweet Tyler and especially pray the Children's Flight of Hope will have an opening for his appointment this month. Thanks

Monday, October 10, 2011 1:50 PM

WE WILL HAVE TO DRIVE TO MARYLAND SOMEWHERE AROUND 650 MILES. THE CHRILDRENS FLIGHT OF HOPE IS BOOKED. THIS WILL BE OCT 20TH FOR APPOINTMENT AND THEN BACK OWN NOV 27TH FOR SURGERY OWN 28TH
Old 10-11-2011, 06:48 AM   #16
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Today's update - please keep this sweet precious boy and his entire family in your prayers. Thank you.

Well it's been a long night can not sleep again.

We need to be in Maryland on the 20th of Oct for meetings with Dr's for Tyler's surgery on the 28th of Nov. Well the devils working but I want let him win.

The Children's Flight of Hope is booked and there are no flights. Children's Flight of Hope has been wonderful. They fly us there and always make sure we have transportation on to the rmd house. Anyways they can not help us this time. So I guess we will be leaving and driving to Maryland own the 19th. That's about a 12 hr drive from here and twelve back but I will drive if I have to. Tylers future depends own it. I will just keep my faith and hope things will workout,

My van is not in the best of shape and has a hundred fifty thousand miles on it but I think it will make it there. I will have to keep Nathan out of school and take him with us. Dr Rodriquez's will give him a excuse so that will be OK even though i know he needs to be in school.

Tyler's face on one side is drawing and feeling numb. The Dr thinks its a nerve doing this. His legs hurt mostly after he plays or walks around a lot. There are still medal rods in his leg. They will need to come out soon and he also still has pins in his ankle that holds his foot over own the large bone; but he does really good with walking around. I just wish I could make it all better for him these next months are going to be rough. I have always been with my kids for Christmas but won't be this year.

There are some wonderful caring angels out there and we thank you with all our heart. Thank you Mrs Sue for all the birthday gifts you sent and for remembering Ethan, Jayden and Nathan. Some times they feel so left out.

We still haven't had a call from Jaydens Dr's at New Horizon so I guess everything is OK. Ashley has called them but has not gotten then to call her back yet. I think he may be depressed with all that he has to deal with having his brother being sick.

Thank all of you. We couldn't get Tyler the help he needs without you. Tyler loved all the birthday cards.

Thanks to all that has helped us save Tyler. We still need donations and if you would like to donate please go to

turpin10648@gmail. Find the donation button

or send to -

PO BOX 14386
Greenville, SC 29610

You can also go to any South Carolina bank and give them the name Darlene Cox for Tyler Tucker, Greenville SC and make a donation to Tyler's account -
even a dollar helps.

Please know that every dime is spent on Tyler's MEDICAL AND TRAVEL needs. And always remember that prayer is the most important thing. God is hearing! Please tell your kids you love them you don't no what tomorrow may bring.

Also a great big thank you to grandma Gail and Tiffany and Jeremy for all they try to do to help. Jeremy brings the boys a pizza every weekend and plays with them. This is such a big help and lets them know they are loved. He also pays to keep Tyler tucker.com on the web and thanks to Mrs Jessica she up dates that site and has for a long time go take a look. I want to tell you that Tyler is eleven years old and knows you all help him and appreciates it so much..

Mr Steven has done so much for Tyler. We are so thankful to have him in Tyler's life.

NO MATTER HOW YOU HELP WE LOVE YOU ALL AND ARE SO GRATEFUL .
Old 10-16-2011, 02:17 PM   #17
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

PLEASE PRAY FOR SWEET TYLER!!

MORE BAD NEWS

Another day more worries

Dr Rodriguez's called said he just got some tests back on Ashley and that he can use her fibula for Tyler's jaw except that he will have to drain all the blood from Tyler and separate the plasma from it; then put it back in Tyler. This will make Tyler really sick and weak and that he was afraid to try it now. Dr Rodriguez's wants Tyler's dad to donate his fibula to Tyler. We will be taking Richie up for all the testing this Wednesday and will be in Maryland four days total trip. Richie's blood type is the same as Tyler's, and will work but but Richie is scared of being put to sleep. He is going to do this or i will never forgive him most dads will give their lives for their children, so and i really think Richie loves Tyler enough to do this.

This makes more things to worried about, baby sitters for the boys because Dr Rodriguez said he wants Ashley there with Tyler and me there with Ashley. That leaves papa George and three little boys, papa had a stroke years ago and I don't know if he can handel all the boys.

Gees what next. i know in my heart it will all work out, Tyler's surgery is still Nov-28th. I sure wish they would take my fibula I would gladly give Tyler both legs if i could.

Looks like I may have to have all the kids there at rmd house at least I can check on them if they are with us. This is not final decision, maybe something else will come up. I'm praying.

I all so want to thank Johnson and Johnson for there generous donation and Tooth Dr2898. There are so many nice things been done for Tyler and our family and no matter how large or small we are so great full for your help.

Tyler loves the snail mail and every bit of money sent is in his account for his medical needs, gets larger with each trip. You can help us out by donations, and prayers for this sweet 11 year old boy.

We are running out of options. Know that you are helping to keep Tyler alive.

God is with us and I will keep my faith and trust in Him.

I KNOW GOD IS HEARING MY CRIES AND WILL PULL TYLER THROUGH THIS.

I'm hoping to get everything here and ready for Thanksgiving and Christmas before we leave to go to Maryland on the twenty seventh of Nov. for this long six eight weeks at the University of Maryland.

Tyler's grandpa Lynn will be watching out for my dogs and making sure things are OK here at home.

Once again please let your kids know every day you love them
and know that we love and appreciate you all so much.

Say a prayer for me I need it
--
for
Tyler
Old 10-24-2011, 06:17 AM   #18
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Please continue to pray for sweet Tyler and his family.

NOT LOOKING GOOD FOR TYTY

I am going to try explain whats going on with Tyler and our family. Papa George had to drive them because Ashley and Richie have no car so Papa went and stayed at RMD house with Ethan and Jayden. Papa George loves these boys so much.

Tyler and family drove all the way from Greenville to Baltimore Maryland which took eleven hours and then four really tough days (in Baltimore). Ashley's bone from her leg was not a match, so dad, Ritchie was in line next. They tested Richie scans and twenty two vials of blood and did a physical. Dad is a match so this was great.

Then there was meetings long meetings with Dr's and more Dr's. Dr Rodriguez has to have a lot of teams for this surgery. Transplant teams, all kinds of teams so there were meetings with each team. Dr Rodriguez explained how much Tyler needs this surgery without it things don't look good for Tyler.

Tyler is in constant pain from his jaw and stays on mediation. He cannot hardly eat. It's getting worst. He also has leg pain and cries when the weather is bad or raining or if he tries to walk any distance at all. All the Dr's agreed that this has to be done except for the head of the oncology department. If one Dr disagrees then they cannot do the surgery. The oncology Dr said to Ashley that this surgery has only been done one time seven years ago and that was not on a jaw. since then only to monkeys. The medication Tyler would be put on could cause a secondary cancer. Tyler could die in the surgery. She thinks there too much risk. i wonder if she would say the same if this were her child. What kind of life will Tyler have?

This is so sad we need your prayers.

Dr Rodriquez' said that Tyler doesn't have many options. The oncology's Dr said to take muscle from Tyler and try that. I talked to Dr Rodriguez he told me that taking the muscle from Tyler's leg could cripple him for life. I told him no we are not going to do that. Tyler already has his legs messed up from taking his fibula from both legs and from his leg being broken from the surgery in April this year. He still has metal rods in his leg and screws to hold his ankle on to the large leg bone. He told me to give him a week or so and that he was going to try convince this Dr that Tyler must have this surgery, his future depends own it. He also said that he will get the surgery done if he has to come to Charleston to do it.

Dr Rodriguez said that he will never give up on Tyler. Thank God for this Dr. We know that he will do what he thinks is best for Tyler.

He also said that he has to take the metal plate out of Tyler's jaw and his jaw is going to turn his face side ways and flat on one side; but it has to come out before infection starts. He told me to not cancel anything that he was hoping that he can still have the surgery November 28th. So we are just praying that God's will be done.

Dr Rodriguez also called Dr Kaveka in Charleston and told her what the oncologist had said and she wouldnt' agree. He's hoping she can change the oncology Dr's mind in Maryland.

This is so hard on our family. We feel that Tyler should have this surgery, its about all the hope that's left till he's grown. What is he to do lay in pain and take drugs. What kind of life will this be for TyTy.

Please pray for us and help us make the right decision.

We also want to thank everyone that has donated to Tyler. Without help we cannot get Tyler the medical attention he needs or go to Maryland to see Dr Rodriguez. God bless you all and thank you all so much for helping save Tyler.

If you can donate please do, go to suntrust give my name and Tyler's and Greenville or mail to
PO BOX 14386
Greenville, SC 29610
or on tylertucker.com

We will be taking Tyler to Drs for the rest of his life. Please keep praying for TyTy

PRAY PRAY PRAY FOR TYLER

for
Tyler

turpin10648@gmail.com
PO BOX 14386
Greenville, SC 29610

--
for
Tyler

turpin10648@gmail.com
Old 10-31-2011, 10:15 AM   #19
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Latest update...

PLEASE PLEASE PRAY FOR TYLER

I have been waiting to hear from Tyler Dr before updating.

Tyler's surgery is still going to happen. It has been moved up to Nov 21st so we will have to leave Greenville the 18th OF NOV we will not be home for Thanksgiving or Christmas.

We will have to stay in Maryland 6 to 8 weeks but that's OK as long as we are with Tyler. Dad Richie is giving his fibula bone to Tyler. Dad will be in hospital for a week he will have to stay in Maryland a while till they are sure hes OK then he will return home. Tyler will be in there for a long time not sure how long. This was a hard decision to make but we feel that its the right decision. Without this surgery, Tyler wasn't going to have much of a life.

Tyler's getting worse. This is life threatening so please please pray my TyTy will be OK. I have put it in God's hands. Please pray for all the drs - there will be many teams of drs. This will be a long surgery. Tyler will be in intensive care for a long time .

Ashley and I will stay with Tyler the whole time he is in Maryland. Papa George will be taking Richie and the boys to Maryland and Ashley and I hope to get a flight with Tyler. Papa George will stay till he knows Tyler is OK then he, Jayden and Nathan will be coming home so the boys can go to school.

I would like to have Tyler's Christmas with us in Maryland. This is so stressful both financial and mental, if any one out there wants to help our family first pray pray pray for us and TyTy and if you can donate please do even a dollar helps out.

I want to thank Tyler school mates and teachers for all they have done to help. The children got pj's and a lot of other things Tyler needed for his surgery and even got him a set of luggage.

Tyler loves you all.

Thanks to everyone no matter how you helped its so much needed.
God bless you all we love you.

Donations can be mailed to Tyler Tucker
c/o Darlene Cox
PO BOX 14386
Greenville, SC 29610
or if you are in SC you can make them at any sun trust bank using my name for Tyler tucker Greenville SC

OR pay pal using my email turpin10648@gmail.com

or use the donation button here own tylertucker.com.

YOU ARE HELPING TO SAVE TYLER S LIFE

for

Tyler

turpin10648@gmail.com
PO BOX 14386
Greenville, SC 29610
Old 11-07-2011, 12:35 PM   #20
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Latest update on Tyler's site

PLEASE PLEASE PRAY FOR TYTY

Well it's four o'clock in the morning and I am up again can not sleep, Tyler and dad Richie's surgery is two weeks away.

Please pray pray pray for them.

Have you ever seen a child that was happy to have a life threatening surgery? Well Tyler's wanting to get it done, even thou there's a big risk.
We took the boys trick or treating but didn't get to stay out long Tyler's legs were hurting and his jaw so we had to bring him home and take his medication. He's doing OK. Tyler does not seen to mind the surgery coming up on the twenty first.

He just wants to get better and be a normal little boy without all the pain.

Tyler's dad is still OK with giving his fibla bone and I think we have the trip arranged. Please pray for nice weather, they can not fly the plan if weather is bad. We have a flight with children flight of hope. Ashley, Tyler, Nathan and myself are flying. We thank them so much.

Papa George is bring dad up, he's never been on a plane and don't want to fly. Please pray for a safe trip. We are just thankful that he is doing the surgery.

Please pray that God has his hands on all of us and that my TyTy will be OK. I am really worried about this surgery but we don't have any options.

We still need donations, what we have won't last long, so if you can help us please do.

You can donate at tylertucker.com or pay pal at turpin10648@gmail.com or mail Tyler Tucker c/o Darlene Cox ,PO BOX 14386, Greenville, SC 29610.

Medicaid does not pay for a lot of things that Tyler will need and Tyler will have to have special foods.

We will be in Maryland 600 miles from home for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Tyler will be in hospital a long time, then will go to RMD house. There he will be stuck in a room because the medication he will be on will make him really sick and he can catch any germs around. Also the medication that Tyler will be taken can cause a secondary cancer. They tested Tyler and said that there's a good chance of this. God I pray this does not happen. We were told that if this happens, most the time they can cure it.

I will miss my children and grandkids. I don't think I ever been away from them for Christmas but I feel I have to do this for Tyler and Ashley and I know they will be just fine.

Also they talked about taking him back in surgery and taking the medical rods from his leg. I am just so worried about my boy; but with all we have been through, I have my faith and have so much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving. I thank God each day that TyTy is with me and i thank him for Jayden. Ethan and Nathan.

I thank God for all of you that have been with us and loved and helped us; for my children and for Ashley who has had to be so strong for her son. She's a wonderful mom. I thank God that aim able to be with Tyler.

I have now lost sixty nine pounds, thank you Jesus. The only thing is now i have cataracts in both eyes, one is really bad and the other is small. I have no insurance so this has to wait, gees what next. You just don't know how depressing this is both mentally and financially.

Tyler will be having to make many trips after surgery back to Maryland and even to Greenville. That's a 24 four hour drive there and back. Gas is so high and if you sit at Dr's you have to feed the kids. We are living on social security. I do what i can. Tyler's family has no car so i have to use my van getting them where they need to go.

Thank all of you that have donated and sent snail mail Tyler loves the mail. Thank you no matter how big or small we are grateful and thank you.

The most important thing is prayers. i still haven't put the tree up. Just cannot get into Christmas. Wanted to try make things normal as possible but that's not going to happen.

We love you all. Please tell your kids you love them you never know what tomorrow will bring. Just thank God this isn't one of your kids.

I have someone that will be staying to look out for Nathan's birds and dogs.
Soon as surgery is over and papa George knows that Tyler and Richie are OK he will return home so Jayden and Nathan will be able to go to school.
--

for

Tyler

turpin10648@gmail.com
PO BOX 14386
Greenville, SC 29610
Old 11-10-2011, 05:04 AM   #21
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

ONE WEEK UNTIL TYLER'S SURGERY PRAYERS NEEDED

Thursday, November 10, 2011 4:40 AM

Well up again its three o'clock

Time to start packing it is one week till we leave for Tyler's surgery. Tyler is OK with having the surgery. Dad's nerves are a wreck. I am scared for Tyler even though I know God is with us and I have to keep my faith in Him.

This has just got to work, there are no other options left for TyTy. Please keep us all in your prayers. I don't understand why Tyler has to be sick and have pain all the time. I pray that this surgery will be the answer to our prayers but I do thank God each day he is with us. Don't get this wrong, Tyler has good days and happy days, he is a happy little boy.

We were told that we will be in Maryland six to eight weeks; that's for Thanksgiving and Christmas. I will miss being with my family but I have got to go with Ashley and Tyler. We are going to be at the RMD HOUSE. The staff and people there are all so caring and nice to us. I will post address when we get there if you like to send cards. The house is about two blocks from the hospital. I hear the weather is going to be great there next week.

I want to thank his home bound teacher Mrs bright. She helps Tyler stay up with his grades and he has done well with that. She is also Nathan's teacher.
There are just so many out there that care. Tyler's whole school has been wonderful. It's so great to see all the children that love Tyler and care so much about him. Tigerville school is the best.

I will be worried about my granddaughter Jessica while I am in Maryland. She has MS and it seems to be getting worst but her mom will just have to take care of her. Please say a prayer for her. She will be twenty two on the 21st of Nov.

Thanks to everyone for all the donations and gift cards for food; you all have been wonderful we love and thank each of you.

If you would help Tyler and our family, you can donate at Tyler tucker.com No matter what the amount or send a gift card for Subway, McDonald, or Burger King. Everything helps.

PO BOX 14386
Greenville, SC 29610

Know that we are so grateful.

l want to thank my wonderful husband for all he does, he's a wonderful husband, father to Nathan and one heck of a papa to all the children and grandkids.

Please pray for Tyler and our family.
Old 11-14-2011, 09:30 AM   #22
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Latest update on sweet Tyler...

Monday, November 14, 2011 6:16 AM

Hello everyone, we leave Friday for Baltimore Maryland Ronald MC Donald house, surgery on Monday. This surgery is life threatening! Please please get a prayer chain started for Tyler and his dad and our family.

They will be in the operating room at six in the morning next Monday. Please post everywhere you can. I cannot help it, I am scared. I have cried all week and prayed so hard for my boy. I am not even the one having this surgery.

I hope all is good with our flight with children flight of hope. I haven't heard back from them but will be calling to check on things today.

Richie, Tyler's dad is so scared but he will be OK he just hasn't ever had any surgeries so i understand that he is scared.

I ask Tyler how he felt about the surgery he told me that he wants to have it done and that he's tired of having pain and pain medication all the time. He also told me not to worry that he was going to be OK and said that he knows all about heaven.

I will never will forget when I took him to church one day years ago he was sick laying his head own my lap. He looks up at me and says nanny what is this place? I told him it was God's house, he replied, oh nanny that's the man that holds your hand when I am in the hospital and gave me a kiss and hug.

Tyler is a strong eleven year old little boy, he has had 46 surgery's and this will be #47 surgery for him. The Greenville newspaper will do an update as soon as surgery is over and I will call them with the update.

Please please ask God to let TyTy pull through this surgery. Ask God to help us financially and with all the stress that goes along with this. Ask Him to help us make the right decisions and to watch after all our love ones left here at home. I know God hears your prayers so please spread the word to all your friends to pray for Tyler and our family. Pray for Dr Rodriguez and his team and all the other teams involved in Tyler surgery.

I took Tyler to the Little Rebel to get chicken wings he sat there about a hour and didn't get but four to eat but he enjoyed them. Helen the owner told him she was praying for him and sent extra order home with him. Yesterday his uncle Jeremy got pizza for the boys. Tyler won't be able to eat for a long time. He will be in Maryland six to eight weeks.

Thank you to Ron Banks for the food card and Tiggerville school. This will help - eight weeks will be a long time away from home.

If anyone wants to help donation can be made at tylertucker.com. click donation button or pay pal using turpin10648@bellsouth.com or even taken to Sun Trust Bank in South Carolina and give my name Darlene Cox for Tyler Tucker Greenville SC. Please help us if you can, even gift cards for MC Donald, Burger King, Subway or Walmart would be good so we can buy groceries.

.....and most important is prayer.

Also Tylers 16 year old buddy Dylan Kerby is going to be in the hospital to have jaw surgery from cancer. He will be in Charleston at MUSC on December 3rd. Please say a prayer for Dylan. He almost died in the summer from having this surgery so he needs your prayers also.

HUG YOUR KIDS TELL THEM YOU LOVE THEM EVER DAY. WHAT IF THIS WAS YOUR CHILD? WE DON'T KNOW WHAT TOMORROW WILL BRING.

My TyTy has been fighting his whole life. I hate cancer. Even though, it is in remission, it has caused so much suffering and pain. Cancer destroyed Tyler's little body. The child suffers, so does the family. I pray for ever family out there that has had or has a child with cancer. You just don't know what they go through both child and family.

for
Tyler

turpin10648@gmail.com
PO BOX 14386
Greenville, SC 29610

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!
Old 11-21-2011, 03:52 PM   #23
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

UPDATE ON TYLER

Monday, November 21, 2011 3:59 PM

TYLER WENT TO SURGERY AT SIX THIS MORNING AND ILL BE DONE AROUND 8 PLEASE PRAY FOR HIM HE IS GOING TO ICU

Things have changed. This is so hard on everyone and my poor Tyler. Going to try let you all know what’s going on. Tyler is in surgery now and will be around 10 to 12 hours. First, they are taking the rods from his leg, then the jaw surgery. He was not afraid. I bet he told me a hundred times he loved me yesterday. They are putting a spacer, something they made in his jaw and drafting skin, to help hold his face in place. They will have to cut him from one ear to almost the other side. Please, please pray for my Tyler.

They are not taking Dad’s bone at this time. This surgery is getting him ready for the next surgery. Yep, again in three months, they will be taking dad’s bone from his leg for Tyler’s jaw. All this is hard to explain. Something to do with a drug that Tyler will have to take that could cause him to get the cancer back. They are going to redo the Epstein-Bar test to see if he is positive yet, and if not, the are going to give him vaccine to make him positive.

We have no idea how long we are staying this time. All that changed. But we will be staying six to eight weeks when they do the bone transplant in three months. They are going to try give as low a dose as possible of this medication. Pray, pray for my Tyler.

Dr. Rodriguez bragged on me, telling me how proud he was of me for losing so much weight and gave me a big hug and kiss, telling me he’s never giving up on Tyler. He told me that Tyler and I are in his heart and told me he loved us. What a wonderful doctor. He said that when we get through the bone transplant, that he’s hoping Tyler wouldn’t need more surgeries for a few years.

Tyler’s Medicaid won’t pay for some medications. We already had to spend a lot for strong antibiotics he had to take before surgery because he had an upper respiratory infection when we got here. Now Ashley has it. Then Ashley had to go to the ER because she broke her toe and she had to have medication.
Dr. Rodriguez is calling the Greenville news and there will be an Update on Tyler, so watch for it. Someone save me a copy please.

If any of you want to donate to Tyler and our family, you can do it at pay Pal using my email at turnpin10648@gmail.com.

Or go to any SunTrust Bank and give my name, Darlene cox for Tyler Tucker. You can put it straight in to his account.

or here at tylertucker.Com

or mail
Tyler tucker c/o Darlene cox
Po box 14386
Greenville, SC 29610

All the money is used for Tyler’s care and know that you are helping to save his life. Please pray for us.

My phone is not working here in the hospital, should have stayed with Verizon. Will post more when Tyler’s out of surgery.

I am missing my baby Nathan at home and Jayden and Ethan!
Old 11-24-2011, 06:18 AM   #24
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

UPDATE

PRAYERS FOR TYTY PLEASE

Thursday, November 24, 2011 7:59 AM

THINGS HERE NOT GOOD

Tyler had a bad night. Tyler had some pain yesterday they tried to take the breathing tube out however he couldn't breathe on his own. After many tries, he finally did start to breath on his own, thank God.

They cut Tyler from one side of his ear almost to the other ear. They grafted skin fat from Tyler's leg and hip for to fill in his jaw. They also took the rods out of Tyler's leg where it was broken in the last operation. The only trouble is that all of this that he put into Tyler's jaw can not stay but has to come out. It is only a temporary fix and has to come back out. It cannot be left in over a year.

Dr. Rodriguez said he couldn't do the bone transplant because the medication Tyler would have to take after could cause Tyler to have cancer again. So before that surgery, Tyler has to be treated. They are running test today to try get Tyler's blood to read positive. They have to get a positive reading on Tyler's blood! Dr. Rodriguez said that he wants to do the bone transplant in three months. That was supposed to have been done yesterday.

Dr. Rodriguez said until everything is right, he would not take a chance on Tyler getting that cancer back and it killing him.

Please pray for us Tyler is at the University of Maryland Hospital, ICU, children's floor. Our address here is RMD HOUSE, DARLENE COX, TYLER TUCKER, 2303 NORTH HOWARD STREET, BALTIMORE MD 21218, PHONE 410/366 4024, ROOM 211.

Most of all we need your prayers. The surgery Tyler had yesterday took 16 hours. Don't know how long he will be in ICU.

ANYONE THAT CAN DONATE PLEASE DO. If you don't want to send money, please send gift cards. Everyone that has donated, thank you! You are saving Tyler's life. Ashley got three little slices of turkey, mac and cheese and scoop of rice - it was almost nine dollars. Had to get a cab to get to store and it was fifteen dollars there, fifteen back. Also having to pay for some medication that Tyler and Ashley had to have that Medicaid wouldn't pay because its`out of state. It will pay for Tyler's meds as long as he is in the hospital. When he comes to the Ronald McDonald house, it wont pay for his medication. So yes, we need money.

I don't even know when its time how we will get Tyler home. I don't know if he can fly because of the flight jerking on land and take off. I'll have to rent a car maybe to get him home but will worry about that later. He is sure not going anywhere for a while.

Going to the hospital now, Ashley stayed last night. I will update more as soon as I get more information. If you live in Maryland, drop by and visit Tyler. Thank you all we love you. I sure am missing my little Nathan, Ethan and Jayden. Papa and Richie are taking really good care of them but it sure hurts to be away from my boys.

Pray, pray, pray for Tyler and our family.
Old 11-24-2011, 08:17 PM   #25
Die Cut Diva

I'm still praying.
He set His STAMP of ownership on us, and put His spirit in our hearts as a deposit 2 Cor 1:22 Jan
Old 11-24-2011, 09:24 PM   #26
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by JampsterStampster View Post
I'm still praying.

Jan, thanks so very much!!
Old 11-26-2011, 08:45 AM   #27
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Had the awesome privilege of visiting sweet Tyler and his family yesterday at the hospital. Tyler is truly an amazing little guy with such a beautiful heart. They did surgery on his jaw and both legs yet not once did he complain the whole time we were there.

Here is the update on Tyler's site of our visit.

TYLER DOING BETTER
Saturday, November 26, 2011 10:33 AM

TYLER IS BETTER TODAY. SWELLING GOING DOWN.THANK YOU CATERINA FOR ALL YOU DID, THE FOOD WAS GREAT AND WE ARE THANKFUL FOR ALL THE OTHER NICE THINGS YOU DID. SO GLAD YOU GOT TO MEET TYLER, YOUR A WONDERFUL CARING PERSON .THANK YOU THANK YOU.
KEEP PRAYING, HE HAS A LONG WAY TO GO!
Old 11-27-2011, 07:20 AM   #28
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

The following is from Tyler's hometown newspaper.....

TYLERS SURGERY
Greenville News 11/27/2011

Boy undergoes 47th jaw surgery
Last-minute hitch prompts change in operation plans
By Liv Osby
Staff Writer losby@greenvilleonline.com

It wasn’t the surgery they’d planned, but Ty*ler Tucker underwent another operation last week as part of the continuing efforts to repair his damaged jaw.

It was the 47th surgery for the 11-year-old Greenville County boy.

Tyler underwent his first surgery as a tod*dler in 2002 after being diagnosed with an ag*gressive cancer. Chemotherapy and radiation followed. The disease and treatments destroyed much of his jaw.

So once the cancer was in remission, doctors twice took bone from his legs to create a new jaw, but both attempts failed, leaving him in a lot of pain, as well as unable to speak or eat normally.

Then in August 2009, a titanium plate was implanted into Tyler’s remaining jaw bone to provide structural support, allowing him to eat and communicate better, and attend school.

But as he’s grown, his jaw has shifted, push*ing the plate sideways so that it nearly broke through the skin near his ear, causing more pain, and more trouble speaking and eating, too.

“The plate was fixing to come through his skin ... and something had to be done,” said his mom, Ashley Nance. “They couldn’t just leave him like that.”

To resolve the problem, doctors originally planned to take some bone from his mother’s leg to fashion him a new jaw, said Dr. Eduardo D. Rodriguez, a plastic and reconstructive surgeon and chief of plastic surgery at the University of Maryland Medical Center’s R. Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center, where Tyler has been treated.

When she turned out not to be a match, though, Tyler’s father, Richie, was tested and found to be a match. So the plan was to take leg bone from him, Rodriguez said.

The operation, which was months in the planning, was scheduled. And the family made arrangements to travel to Maryland and stay at Ronald McDonald House for two months.

But just days before the surgery, it was discovered that Tyler’s dad has a common virus — Epstein-Barre virus, or EBV — that could cause Tyler to develop lymphoma because he must take immunosuppressive drugs after the surgery to prevent rejection of the donor bone, Rodriguez said.

Plan A was scrubbed.

“It was hard after all the planning. But in the end, it’s what’s best for Tyler,” Rodriguez said. “Patients who are going to be on immune suppression, and who are EBV-negative, have the potential of developing lymphoma. And the risk of him developing lymphoma was significant, especially with his past history of cancer. It would be horrible if he ended up developing lymphoma.”

But Tyler was suffering. Something had to be done.

So in a 12-hour operation Monday, Rodriguez’ team removed the old implant, which did push through the skin in the OR, he said. They then implanted another jaw bone fabricated of composite material and took a flap of tissue from Tyler’s left thigh and transferred it to his right cheek to provide coverage over the implant. Rodriguez and his team have volunteered their services for all the surgeries while the hospital accepts Medicaid. Because of his condition, Tyler is uninsurable, Nance said.

Once he’s healed, he should be able to eat again, Rodriguez said, and have less pain. “We reconstructed a replica of what it would look like with the leg bone,” he said. “I think he’ll be comfortable for quite some time, better than before.”

It’s hoped that the bone transplant surgery can be performed in several months, he said.

Nance said Tyler came through the surgery well. He will be in the hospital about a week and at Ronald McDonald House after that.

“They lined him back up and filled in that side of his face. And they opened his ear back up and everything,” she said. “But he’s really swollen. No matter how many surgeries they have, you don’t get used to seeing them like that.”

Rodriguez said if everything goes well, the family should be able to return to Greenville by Dec. 2.

And while he’s missing Thanksgiving, at least now he’ll be home for Christmas.

“He’s so tough. He’s a great kid,” said Rodriguez. “The thing that pleases me the most is he’s growing, getting taller. Our future is bright.”
Old 11-30-2011, 04:52 PM   #29
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Latest Update for sweet Tyler

Hello,
Tyler is doing good. He sees Dr. Rodriguez tomorrow and if he says that
if Tyler is ok, we will go home on Friday. Tyler is really wanting to be home.
He is still on a lot of pain medication. We will take Tyler home and
try to make things normal for him.

He will get to spend Christmas with his brothers and Nathan.and we thank God for all the many blessings that he has given us. And for all of you that have prayed so hard for him .God hears your prayers.

Tyler's neck is still bleeding and he has to keep gauze on it. His neck
was cut two inches further than the last time. His legs is doing good however,
he cannot walk but I think he will in a few weeks.

Tyler said he misses his home bound teacher Mrs. Bright. We called her and Tyler talked to her. He loves Mrs. Bright. He also wanted to talk to Debby at Courage Kids. He wanted to tell her he loved her. She was so surprised, she loves TyTy so much.

He's such a trooper and Dr. Rodriguez said he was so proud of Tyer. He
says Tyler will have to have more surgery in about three months
but that he sees a bright future for Tyler. I hate that all the surgery
was not done now so Tyler could get a break but Dr. Rodriguez is doing what is best for Tyler.

He said this is a temporary fix and that the plastic fixture he put in can
not stay in Tyty's jaw. He said pray hard that if the bone from dad
works, Tyler may never need another surgery after the next one is done or at least not until Tyler is older.

Medicaid would not pay for Tyler's walker said that we had to pay
up front for one and we did finally get a wheel chair. We ended up
paying for Tyler's medication so we only could get what he had to have
until he gets back to SC where his medicaid will pay for it. They told
us at the hospital that they did not have a contract with SC Medicaid
for medication. Anyway it was taken care of.

We were spending thirty dollars a day at the hospital for dinner it
was really high cost here. We were using our Subway gift cards for
lunch. Ashley said she never wants to see a sub again. We are so grateful that people care about Tyler and our family and has helped us.

This nice lady Caterina and her husband broughr us dinner one night to
the hospital. She is from COLES Foundation and was so sweet and we loved
her visit. She also brought us a donation and ballons for Tyler. We sure thank her and are so grateful. We thank all of you for all your prayers love and support no matter what you did, we thank you.

Tyler has a long way to go so please keep him in your prayers.
We will be getting ready for the next surgery so we still need
donations and prayers.

If you would like to help Tyler and his family, please donate at tylertucker.com.or using my pay pal, turpin10648@bellsouth.net also you can send in mail. I promise you that all the money that goes in, is for him.

Tyler's account is for his medical care and trips to Maryland. These trips are really costly.

Tyler will have to come back to Maryland in three or four weeks for a
check up this is a long way but Dr. Rodriguez said he has to see Tyler
himself. Tyler will have a doctor in Greenville that will check him also but can
not treat Tyler.

We were not able to get a flight back home so papa has to drive all
the way here with Nathan and he will be driving us home. It took him
eleven hours to get here. We sure thank the Flights of Hope for getting us here.

We were told that Tyler's jaw had so much infection that if we had been
another day getting here he possibly could have died.

Also please pray for Tyler's buddy, Dylan Kirby. He is having jaw surgery
on the 15th of December at MUSC of Charleston. He is 16 and needs your
prayers.

I am doing great I walked up to the market place today and was not even
tired. Last time I walked I could not hardly breathe and was not able to
walk around the place after I got there. I still have a lot to lose but losing
seventy pounds sure has helped me. I have gone from a 4x to x large .
and I feel so much better.

Please hug your children - what if this was your child? I pray you
will never have to see your child go through what Tyler has gone through and it is not over.

So please pray pray pray.

Thank you all for all the prayers
--

for

Tyler

turpin10648@gmail.com
PO BOX 14386
Greenville, SC 29610
Old 12-03-2011, 07:42 AM   #30
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Tyler was discharged from the hospital here in Maryland. He is now back home in South Carolina but will have to return to Maryland in a few weeks.

Thank you for your prayers for this awesome hero.
Old 12-06-2011, 06:27 AM   #31
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Latest Update for Tyler....

HELLO

WELL WE HAVE TO GO BACK TO MARYLAND ON THE 15TH TO SEE DR RODRIGUEZ. TYLER'S NECK DOES NOT LOOK GOOD AND HE IS WEAK.

PLEASE PRAY FOR HIM

THE FLIGHTS OF HOPE HAS MAINTENANCE THAT WEEK AND CAN NOT FLY US THERE SO I GUESS WE WILL HAVE TO DRIVE. THAT MEANS MONEY FOR GAS AND FOOD THAT WE DO NOT HAVE; RIGHT HERE AT CHRISTMAS. TYLER STILL BELIEVES IN SANTA AND I AM SO GRATEFUL THAT HE DOES.

THANK YOU ALL THAT HAS HELPED US WITHOUT YOU I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE WOULD DO.

I HAVE PUT THIS IN GOD'S HANDS AND KNOW HE WILL MAKE A WAY BOTH FOR A TRIP TO MARYLAND AND CHRISTMAS.

GOD BLESS WE LOVE YOU ALL.

PRAY PRAY PRAY FOR TYTY

Old 12-13-2011, 06:49 AM   #32
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Update on sweet Tyler...

PRAYERS FOR TYLER

Tuesday, December 13, 2011 7:08 AM

WE WILL DRIVE 600 MILES TOMORROW TO TAKE TYLER BACK TO MARYLAND TO SEE DR RODRIGUEZ. HIS JAW DOES NOT LOOK GOOD AND IS HURTING HIM. HIS LEG SEEMS TO BE DOING OK BUT HE LIMPS AND WALKS REALLY SLOW. THATS OK, AT LEAST HE IS WALKING.

PLEASE PRAY FOR TYLER. I AM GETTING CHRISTMAS TOGETHER, GOING TO TRY MAKE THIS AS HAPPY FOR TYLER AS I CAN. THANKS TO EVERYONE THAT HAS HELPED US WITH GAS AND FOOD. THIS IS SO DEPRESSING BOTH MENTAL AND FINANCIAL, MORE NOW THAT CHRISTMAS IS ALMOST HERE.

Please continue to pray for this precious brave boy and his family. Thanks
Old 12-14-2011, 01:26 PM   #33
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

New Update

PRAYERS FOR TYLER

TYLER IS ON HIS WAY TO THE UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL OF MARYLAND. WE THINK HIS FLAP HAS FAILED AND HIS FACE LOOKS BAD. WE DON'T THINK IT IS SUPPOSE TO BE THIS WAY. HE HAS BEEN HURTING. PLEASE PRAY FOR TYLER

GO TO TYLERTUCKER.COM TO SEE PICTURES BUT BE WARNED THEY LOOK BAD.
Old 12-14-2011, 05:00 PM   #34
Matboard Maniac

prayers going up.i feel so sorry for that child and his family.
br3n
Old 12-14-2011, 05:09 PM   #35
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by br3n View Post
prayers going up.i feel so sorry for that child and his family.
br3n

Thanks so very much Brenda. Tyler needs all the prayers he can get.
Old 12-18-2011, 12:35 PM   #36
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello There,

Is their any word on TYLER? I have been reading about TYLER on this thread. And I see the last enty is not good. And was wondering, if there is any news about TYLER now. Thanks hotwheels
Old 12-18-2011, 01:37 PM   #37
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotwheels View Post
Hello There,

Is their any word on TYLER? I have been reading about TYLER on this thread. And I see the last enty is not good. And was wondering, if there is any news about TYLER now. Thanks hotwheels

How sweet of you Hotwheels!! Thank you. Tyler's site has not been updated but probably because there is not much to report. Am sure he is still in a lot of pain and doing the best possible. He will be making his way back up to Baltimore in a few months for another major surgery.

Thanks so much for your thoughts and prayers - they mean so much!!
Old 12-28-2011, 05:35 PM   #38
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Latest update on sweet Tyler - please keep praying...

Wednesday, December 28, 2011 7:19 PM

THANK YOU WE LOVE YOU ALL

Hello everyone hope you had Merry Christmas.
Christmas was awesome, my boys had a wonderful Christmas.

Thanks to his angels out there. Flash from courage kids, thank you for loving Tyler and me and all you do for us. Thank you Charleston Elves for giving Tyler and his brothers such a wonderful Christmas - Thank you Johnson and Johnson for your generous donation to Tyler's account. Thanks to everyone.

Steven thank you for always being there for Tyler and always wanting to put a smile own his face. Thank you for caring about Tyler. There been times if not for Steven and Flash, I don't know what I would have done.

Your donations keep Tyler able to get the medical attention he needs so bad. Without the donations, Tyler couldn't go to Maryland and that would be terrible.

Tyler loved all the Christmas cards even children wishing him a merry Christmas, wishing him to get well and praying for Tyler. So whatever you did, we are grateful that Tyler has angels that care.

My little Nathan also had a great Christmas. He wasn't on the Charleston elves list but someone took care of him because he has to go with us to the doctor appointments and travel just like Tyler and his brothers.

Tyler's face is looking better, not as bad as it did. I was really worried, he is having some jaw pain and his legs are both hurting him. He is still taking pain medication and antibiotics.

I don't know what we are going to do about paying for his medications in Maryland. Dr Rodriguez license doesn't cover prescriptions in SC and Medicaid won't pay for them in Maryland. God is with us and has provide for Tyler nine years now. I know he will take care of Tyler's needs.

Tyler is facing more jaw surgery in a few months. I don't know how his little jaw can take much more cutting on. I cannot believe that my boy has been through 48 surgeries and doesn't mind it at all. That's all he has ever known. Please keep up the prayers. I am praying for a miracle for Tyler.

I promise that all the money sent goes in Tyler's account so he can go to Maryland six hundred mile from home to see his doctor. The doctors in SC have given up on Tyler, saying they ran out of options. All the gas cards are used to get gas to go to Maryland 600 miles from home.

I want to say thank you to Jessica for she has helped updating Tyler's page for a few years now. She is a blessing to Tyler and our family. We love you all so much and I know God is hearing your prayers.

You can donate to Tyler at any South Carolina Sun Trust Bank by using Darlene cox for Tyler Tucker or using my paypal turpin10648@gmail.com or donate on tylertucker.com
or mail
PO BOX 14386
Greenville, SC 29610

God bless we love you all

Tyler's friend Dylan is doing better, thank you all for praying for Dylan. Prayer still needed for Dylan and for his friend Erick who isn't doing well at all. Things not looking good for Erick, please ask for a miracle for Erick.

for
Tyler

turpin10648@gmail.com
PO BOX 14386
Greenville, SC 29610
Old 01-09-2012, 06:33 AM   #39
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

TYLER STILL NEEDS YOUR PRAYERS

Monday, January 9, 2012 6:35 AM

Hello every one

Not a whole lot to tell. Tyler is OK for now. He is having jaw pain and leg pain and his chest hurts him, his face is still swollen and looks like it has a egg sitting own it. Also Tyler has a open wound that has not closed up and his chest hurts him.

Dr Rodriguez's was called and he said he thinks he is OK - looks like Tyler will have to learn to live with pain. Tyler's next appointment is January 26th in Maryland and Dr Rodriguez's will decide what is next for Tyler, when we will be doing the bone transplant. Dad, Richie, still not to happy about that but says he will do it but he is scared.

Jayden still being sick and throwing up. I wish they would find out what is wrong with him. Ethan is OK and Nathan is doing good. Nathan loves school. Tyler's teacher is still coming to the house and said Tyler is doing good in his school work. Tyler loves Mrs. Bright who is also Nathan's k4 teacher.

Tyler's sitting around playing his game he got for Christmas. God has been so good to us and sends his angels to help Tyler and our family. May God bless each and every one of you.

The Little Rebel has told us that they will do a cruise-in in April to help Tyler. Mrs. Leeann Shelton will be arranging it. She is so sweet and loves Tyler so much. If there is any of the churches in Greenville or any where that would do a benefit for Tyler of some kind, we would be so grateful. God always provides a way for Tyler's treatments all the way with the Maryland 600 miles cost, etc. Medicaid will not cover his medication in Maryland unless he is in the hospital. If you can donate that would be great or mail gift card for food. If you want to donate even the smallest amount adds up. You can do that here at tylertucker.com turpin10648@gmail.com. donation button or mail to

turpin10648@gmail.com
PO BOX 14386
Greenville, SC 29610

All of you are the reason that Tyler gets the medical attention he needs. He couldn't travel with out your donations. So if you can, please help Tyler.

Dr Rodriguez said that the plastic will have to come out of Tyler's jaw before too long. It was just put in as a temporary fix. I still love and trust Dr. Rodriguez and his team so much. He is a wonderful Doctor and will never give up on Tyler. Tyler's face will not look the same after this surgery. It is going to be scared worst than all the other surgeries. He still has the two big places where he lost his hair this worries him.

Thank all of you, we love you all. What if this was your child? I will never give up on getting Tyler help even if I have to stand out holding a jar for donations. God must have some great plans for this child.

Even if you can not donate you can keep praying for Tyler. He still loves the mail that is sent to him. Kiss your children and tell them you love them, you don't know what tomorrow may bring. I really couldn't cope with this without God in my life.

The school picture was taken back in August Tyler does not look that way now but he is still beautiful in my eyes.

God hears your prayers so please keep praying for Tyler.

--

for

Tyler

turpin10648@gmail.com
PO BOX 14386
Greenville, SC 29610
Old 01-22-2012, 06:13 AM   #40
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

LATEST UPDATE - Tyler and his family desperately need your prayers!

Please please pray.

Donations neded for Tyler

Tyler's jaw is still swollen and hurts him. I am so worried about him. They are suppose to be setting up the bone transplant from dad to Tyler.

Tyler will be leaving own the twenty six to fly out to Maryland .to see Dr Rodriguez's , Tyler's jaw has been hurting a lot so the doctor needs to see him. This should be soon because the jaw they put in in November has failed. The jaw has to come out and his legs also are still hurting. Tyler is OK taking his pain medication. I took him over to see his classmates and they were all so glad to see him.

PLEASE keep praying for our family

We need donations to help get Tyler to Maryland so if you can help me and Tyler please do. You can find donation buttons at Tyler tucker.com Donate to my paypal account at turpin10648@bellsouth.net or mail us a check to Darlene cox for TylerTtucker.

PO BOX 14386
Greenville, SC 29610

We still need your help, love, prayers and support. WITHOUT HELP TYLER WON'T BE KEEPING HIS APPOINTMENTS IN MARYLAND, even the smallest amount helps.

PLEASE READ - PRAY PRAY PRAY

I have been sitting at the hospital since Saturday my daughter Tammy. She was in a care wreck and still in intensive care. She flipped the car two times and then hit a tree. They had to cut her out from the car. She is in icu and we don't know if she will make it or not. She broke her neck and a bone in her back. She had surgery and has not awaken yet. Please pray for TAMMY MITCHELL and TYLER. Tammy is Tyler's aunt and his mom's sister.

I know you are not suppose to ask why God and I have been lately but I keep my faith and ask God to guide me and help me both financially and mentally.

My daughter is Tammy Mitchell in icu at Greenville Hospital, Greenville SC, 4th flloor icu Room F4006. This is not looking good for my daughter, still not breathing on her own. She is in a coma right now has been for seven days.

Pray, pray, pray!

If making donations to help out and you want Tyler's family to get it please use donation button on tylertucker.com - because if you donate on caringbridge it goes to caringbridge to keep page running.

I have said so many times I would beg or do what I had to in order to save Tyler! So once again I am asking for your help, most importantly prayer.

Know that we love you all and thank you so much.

Please if nothing else ask God to help us.

Please kiss your kids tell them you love them u don't know what may happen this could be your family tomorrow.

This is now seven days that Tammy is not breathing on her own. I will be in icu waiting room

for

Tyler