Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Unread 10-22-2015, 08:07 AM   #201
Stazon Splitcoast

Heart

UPDATE ON TYLER FROM HIS SITE

Please please put Tyler in your prayers

Tyler Tucker will leave for Charleston today. His surgery will be tomorrow.

Please please pray for Tyle, this is going to be a touchy surgery. I know it is in God's hands. I know that God will wrap His arms around Tyler and keep him safe. You just don't know how hard I pray for Tyler. It just breaks my heart he has to go through all of this.

Also we have little funds for food and gas so if any one can help us... I know God will lay it own your heart to do so. God bless and we love and appreciate all of God's angels.

You can donate through pay pal turpin10648@ Gmail.com

For all that may not know cancer ate Tyler's jaw and lung away. He has been in remission but has had over seventy surgeries because of various treatments and so forth.

PLEASE PRAY!

DARLENE COX /TYLER TUCKER
85 COOL SPRINGS CHURCH ROAD
TRAVELERS REST SC
29690 - 8507

You can visit Tyler's page
Tyler | Journal | CaringBridge
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Unread 11-02-2015, 05:05 AM   #202
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

UPDATE

Thanks a thousand times over
By Darlene COX

Letting everyone know that Tyler is doing really good since surgery. Although he has no teeth at all and it's hard for him to eat, he is not in as much pain as he was.

We are waiting to hear from Dr. O'Neal now about the jaw replacement. Ashley called Dr. O'Neal's office and they said he would be contacting her soon.

Thanks to everyone for all the prayers. We sure have a lot to be thankful for this Thanksgiving. Thank you Courage Kids for seeing the other two boys had food and thanks to Happy Days for helping with the motel rooms. Thank you to Mr. Steven for the gas money and food money for we wouldn't have been able to get Tyler to Charleston. Also to anyone I didn't name, thank you.

Thank you all a thousand timea over. I am so grateful.

Unread 11-04-2015, 06:15 AM   #203
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

UPDATE Please help in any way you can...

Christmas
By Darlene COX

Hi this is Tyler's mom, Ashley. Thanks to everyone that helped with Tyler's trip to Charleston for surgery on his mouth. Tyler will have more surgery coming up. He is doing good for now.

Now I need to ask another favor. My husband has three bones broken in his back because he fell out our back door. He cannot work. He is going to see a surgeon tomorrow.

Tyler has two brothers and I need help with Christmas for them. I did not want to wait until last minute to humbly ask for help.

I do have a interview today at dollar general and hope they will hire me. Please pray I get the job. We have hit the bottom and certainly need some income.

I am using my mom's internet since I am unable to afford service. So if anyone can help, please email my mom or put donations in her paypal account at turpin10648@gmail.com

As my mom's friend says, it's all in God's hands.

Thank you.
Unread 12-20-2015, 08:59 AM   #204
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Merry Christmas from Tyler and family
By Darlene COX

Hey everyone, was wondering who has had a complete knee replacement.
I had one knee done two years ago and one a year ago; they both still hurt. I went to the doctor that did the surgery, he said that they look good and nothing wrong. If that is so why am I still hurting? Maybe it just takes this long to get well from knee surgery.

And now about Tyler, just wanted to let you all know that my Tyler is still doing good but will have to see a doctor soon he is now out growing the old jaw. His face is turning a little bit and he is having some pain but still not as he had.

God is good.

Tyler's Christmas was taken care of but Jayden and Ethan won't be getting a lot, but that's ok, Tyler will share.

God bless and we love you all.

sek111sbc likes this post.
Unread 12-29-2015, 02:44 PM   #205
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Tyler is feeling so much better
By Darlene COX

Hi everyone, letting you all know that Tyler is still doing good but will have to see a doctor soon. His jaw is turning and getting too small for his face.

Also if you need get in touch with us, please use my address at
85 Cool Springs Church Rd., Travelers Rest, SC 29690. I cannot afford the P. O. Box any longer.

Thanks to everyone and please keep Tyler in your prayers. This has been a long journey and it is not over but we will come out of this. We won't let the devil win.

God is good. Our Christmas was wonderful. God sent angels that love and care about Tyler.

You don't have to have a lot to be happy. God bless each of you and may you all have God, happiness and love in your families.

sek111sbc and Anne Ryan like this post.
Unread 01-06-2016, 12:47 PM   #206
Stazon Splitcoast

Heart

UPDATE
By Darlene COX

I think because of the osteoradionecrosis the doctors don't want to help Tyler.
All of a sudden he is looking worse and hurting again. Still no calls from Dr. O'Neal. I know that they have a hard time calling. They had told us to wait, they would call but they haven't.

I called their office a couple of times. Ashley's trying to get back in touch with Dr. Dorphshire back. We have even been told that all at once Tyler looks like an old man but not to me.

Also, even if University of Maryland will see him, we do not know how we will get him there.

Please pray for Tyler and our family.

FROGgin’ (F.R.O.G. – Fully Rely On God)

Attached Thumbnails
5687bd96ac7ee95b6e61f2d5.jpg  
Unread 02-02-2016, 09:52 AM   #207
Stazon Splitcoast

Heart

Short update on Tyler

By Darlene COX
Osteoradionecrosis is what's eating his face away.

Poor Tyler.... here is a picture and some info on this disease

Osteoradionecrosis

Perhaps the most severe side effect of radiation therapy is osteoradionecrosis (ORN), or bone death. This condition occurs in three to ten percent of patients. Osteoradionecrosis develops as irradiation diminishes the bone's ability to withstand trauma and avoid infection, and it can be facilitated by poor nutrition and hygiene. This process may be spontaneous or result from trauma, leading to non-healing soft tissue and bone lesions, followed by bone necrosis. The non-healing bone may become secondarily infected. All patients who are to receive chemo-radiation therapy should have unsalvageable teeth removed, periodontal health maximized, and fluoride therapy instituted prior to treatment. Osteoradionecrosis is an extremely serious complication for patients requiring tooth extraction after radiation therapy, and the risk does not appear to diminish with time (for the rest of his/her life the patient should never allow a dentist to extract a tooth after radiation therapy without consulting a radiation oncologist). The ability of the bony tissues to heal is compromised by hypovascularization.

Essentially, the radiation destroys some of the very small blood vessels within the bone. These blood vessels carry both nutrients and oxygen to the living bone. A reduction in these vessels correlates to a reduction in the bone's ability to heal itself.

See more at: Osteoradionecrosis
Attached Thumbnails
osteoradionecrosis.jpg.cf.jpg  
Unread 02-22-2016, 06:57 AM   #208
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Please continue to pray for Tyler. This is the latest on a fundraiser for him.

Please someone help with this
By Darlene COX

Hi everyone, I need to ask a favor.

Little Rebel will be doing a Cruise-in for Tyler Tucker on March 19th. I need to find someone that can make a flyer for us with pictures of Tyler with cars trucks and motorcycles. I can get Tyler's pictures from his caringbridge page.

It will be Saturday March 19th, third Saturday of the month at 5:30 til 9:00 pm. If it rains it will be the next Saturday.

Information about Tyler is on Caringbridge/visitTylerTucker/.com We will have a 50/50 drawing with lots of door prizes. Everything will be given away. This would really be a blessing to find someone to do this; for this is something I cannot do.

There will also be trophies 1/2/3 Place that's right three nice trophies will be given away - Games/music/lots of fun.

Please someone help us with this for Tyler and thank everyone for all your love and support.

Unread 03-15-2016, 10:19 AM   #209
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

UPDATE

Please Help Tyler with a Donation if You Can
By Darlene COX

Prayers needed for my Tyler. He heads to MUSC tomorrow to see a team of doctors to try help him. Tylet now has osteoradiionecrosis which is also life threatening and was caused from the cancer.

If anyone can help with donations, please do.
turpin10648@gmail.com Paypal donations needed for Tyler Tucker

Also our mailing address is
85 Cool Springs Church Rd.
Travelers Rest, SC 29690 - 8507

We love you all. Please help Tyler if you can

Thank you!
Unread 04-06-2016, 07:42 AM   #210
Stazon Splitcoast

Heart

UPDATE

Pray pray pray for TyTy
By Darlene COX

Please say a prayer for Tyler as we head back to Charleston tonight to see the doctor and get more scans.

We have been to Charleston three times since last Friday and going again to night for an appointment.

We will get results on all testing tomorrow and will have to return to MUSC again on the 20th.

Please please pray the cancer isn't back.

If anyone can and wants to help with all these trips please do. Turpin10648@gmail.com

Also I want to thank Mr. Steven and Debby Stevenson for helping with the last three trips.

Tyler wouldn't been able to go to MUSC without help. Thank you for caring.
Unread 04-09-2016, 02:26 PM   #211
Stazon Splitcoast

Heart

UPDATE

Finally I think we have help for Tyler

We have been to Charleston four times in a week and half and have seen I think about every doctor in the hospital... not really just 19 teen of them. We finally got good news. The jaw that was put in is what is hurting Tyler's face and causing the swelling. They left a tooth that was suppose to have been taken out and now it is infected. He also has puss in his ear where they cut his ear drum in Maryland. Tyler got on pain management.

Okay now for good news, Doctor Day is taking Tyler as a patient. He isn't taking the jaw out right now but is getting his team together. The plan is to do a complete reconstruction of Tyler's whole face. He said he's going to take care of the things wrong with Tyler with the reconstruction. He said they have a hole new team of wonderful doctors now at MUSC. It will make Tyler look and feel better about himself and give him some quality of life.

Right now the jaw and face and the doctor will deal with the legs later. He even said he's going to get to that big bag of fluid from hanging on his eye. The doctor will see that Tyler gets teeth implants. It will take a while but something to look forward to for Tyler.

Prayers needed for Tyler and his family as we go through this journey with tyty

Unread 11-15-2016, 07:27 AM   #212
Stazon Splitcoast

Heart

The Doctors just look at Tyler's scans and walk away
Journal entry by Darlene COX

Mr Steven found a doctor for Tyler. I sent the scans he look at them and turned and walked away saying there's no way he would operate on Tyler. He said he doesn't know if anyone can help Tyler.

Tyler has been in a lot of pain So please say a prayer for him. We are going to call the doctors in Maryland and see what they say. Don't know how the hell we will get there but will worry about that when the time comes. Right now he needs prayers, it's hard to watch him hurt ever day.

https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/t...tent=visitsite