Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree528Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-17-2014, 08:31 AM   #3441
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

HAPPY PRESIDENT'S DAY!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
smileyj likes this post.
Old 02-18-2014, 05:49 AM   #3442
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Chuckle time... this reminds me of when my daughter asked me if I ever met Abraham Lincoln...

Methuselah

Bob was talking to his young grandson about people in the Bible. During the conversation he told his grandson that Methuselah lived to be 969 years old, which is older than anyone else has ever lived.

His grandson thought about this fact for a second and then asked, "Pawpaw, did you know him?"
Stamping Servant, charlie1 and muscrat like this post.
Old 02-19-2014, 06:26 AM   #3443
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you.
Ephesians 4:32

Forgive As God Has Forgiven You

Once, I met a sprightly Christian lady in her seventies who looked a lot younger than she was. Curious, I decided to find out the secret of her youthfulness. As we talked, I learned that she was someone who was easygoing—this happy-go-blessed lady doesn’t take things to heart when offended and is quick to forgive or let go.

She reminds me of an encouragement that God gives us in His Word: Be tenderhearted and forgiving. My friend, God has your best interests at heart when He tells you to forgive and let go. He wants you to be happy and to live a long, healthy life. Nursing a hurt or anger against someone and having unforgiveness in your heart aren’t worth losing your joy, peace and health over.

Beloved, if you find it difficult to forgive someone, then look to the cross and see how perfectly God has let go every sin you have and will ever commit. Bring Jesus into your bitter situation. When you know how perfectly He loves you and has forgiven you, you’ll be able to forgive that person too. And the more you let go of offenses against you, the less the enemy is able to make inroads into your mind, heart and body. Like the lady I mentioned, you’ll live a happier, healthier and longer life, with a lot fewer wrinkles and frown lines!
Stamping Servant, charlie1 and muscrat like this post.
Old 02-20-2014, 12:35 PM   #3444
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Hope is the word which God has written on the brow of every man.
~Victor Hugo
Old 02-23-2014, 03:55 AM   #3445
Compulsive Stamper

Where do I explain why I need a lift?
Old 02-23-2014, 05:05 AM   #3446
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by tammd7370 View Post

Tammd, you may share what it is on your troubled heart.
Old 02-23-2014, 05:55 AM   #3447
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

One day we will meet beside the river and our Lord will dry every tear. For now, we must live in the joy of that promise and recall that for every generation, life is hard, but God is faithful.

-- Bodie Thoene
Old 02-23-2014, 06:35 PM   #3448
Compulsive Stamper

Not sure where to start. I am a disabled mom with lots of health problems. Can't work. In pain every day, sick in one way or another every day, frustrated cause drs and counselors say I need positive hobby in my life which is my card making but have no way to organize my supplies, which I am trying to resupply after my kids and I lost almost everything a few years ago but not much money to do so. Need organization items. My son died December 23rd from being released 4 days after open heart surgery. So still have his funeral bill laying hard on my mind and grieving so bad from missing him. Sometimes it takes every inch of energy in my body to get up. This is the 2nd child I lost. First was stillborn at 30 weeks. Live in a stupid small town where there's no one together together and do cards. I miss home. Just want some happiness in my life and some close friends. Sorry rambled on too long. Thank you for letting me vent.
Old 02-24-2014, 01:00 AM   #3449
Embossing Fanatic

Wow Tammd, I'm sorry to read about your troubles. I hope and pray that your health improves. You are not alone. I share your feeling about not having a community. I live in a big city, and yet I too feel like I have no one close or anyone to stamp with. Sometimes you can feel lonely even in a crowded room. Splitcoast has mostly been my link to other crafters and sadly I don't often post or feel "in". I came here because I had an awful blowout argument, couldn't sleep at 430am and was feeling down... the forums usually cheer me up... but my problems seem petty in comparison.

I have not experienced the loss you have and I am humbled by your strength to keep putting one foot in front of the other. The fact that you rise every morning and get up despite the physical and emotional pain, is a testament to your strength. It would be so easy to succumb to depression... which is really hard to climb out of if you let it set in. Yet, you keep fighting, you keep going, and kudos to you for that! Maybe your doctors are onto something in saying your craftiness is the key to pulling through. It's hard to feel down when you have colors in your hands and you are creating something. I don't know your particular situation and the need for organizing tools, but I have to say that sometimes a room full of supplies and every organizational item out there can be a mental block against creativity. It's too perfect or intimidating or something along those lines. Certainly having a lot of stuff doesn't equate to better cards or crafts.. at some point it becomes clutter. I find that its the times when we innovate out of necessity that the best techniques are born and the best cards, pages and crafts are made.

If you really need some organizational zen, and have access to the internet (look up Pinterest) and/or a library, you can access hundreds of do-it-yourself, recycling trash-to-treasure ideas. In fact, there are boards on here for cheap organizational ideas. Things like cereal boxes as magazine and paper holders, tin cans as tool caddys, glass jars as embellishment organizers (I use some tall ones for pen storage, ribbon remnants, flowers etc.), pant hangers as ribbon holders (or rain gutters, dowels, even string etc.). You can make a craft project out of turning these items into storage (paint the lids, cover the boxes with paper you decorate with stamps, acrylic paint, or magazine pictures and elmers glue etc.) Take a look around at what you already have in a new way and I'm certain something will spark a project.

Every day you make a choice-- to rise up or to lay down and every time you make that choice to rise, you give reason for blessing to enter your life. I hope and pray that you are in or will soon be in a more beautiful, peaceful, healthy and blessed period in your life where you know only joy and where the memories of your son bring warmth, laughter and comfort. I firmly believe that they do not leave us... their energy just takes different form. I'm sending a big bear hug your way.

Warmly,
Doreen
caterinafmig and muscrat like this post.
Old 02-24-2014, 11:05 AM   #3450
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Not sure where to start. I am a disabled mom with lots of health problems. Can't work. In pain every day, sick in one way or another every day, frustrated cause drs and counselors say I need positive hobby in my life which is my card making but have no way to organize my supplies, which I am trying to resupply after my kids and I lost almost everything a few years ago but not much money to do so. Need organization items. My son died December 23rd from being released 4 days after open heart surgery. So still have his funeral bill laying hard on my mind and grieving so bad from missing him. Sometimes it takes every inch of energy in my body to get up. This is the 2nd child I lost. First was stillborn at 30 weeks. Live in a stupid small town where there's no one together together and do cards. I miss home. Just want some happiness in my life and some close friends. Sorry rambled on too long. Thank you for letting me vent.

Sweetie, you in no way rambled on too long so no need to apologize. Cannot imagine the heartbreak of losing two sweet precious children and going through so many struggles.

I think Doreen's post is an encouraging and loving one that will hopefully will let you know that there are many people who care and are here for you.

Hope this will be uplifting...

May the Lord answer you in the day of trouble! May the name of the God of Jacob set you up on high [and defend you];
Send you help from the sanctuary and support, refresh, and strengthen you from Zion...

"An infinite God can give all of Himself to each of His children, He does
not distribute Himself that each may have a part, but to each one He
gives all of Himself as fully as if there were no others" - A. W. Tozer
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ *GOD LOVES YOU* ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Old 02-27-2014, 12:24 PM   #3451
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

MAMA'S BIBLE

Mama never missed a Sunday
She attended faithfully
Church down by the river
Where she'd always prayed for me
In her arm's she held a Bible
With her name engraved in gold
Gift to her from daddy
Just before God called him home

She'd say life is a journey
That we travel through the years
Through mountains and the valley`s
Through the laughter and the tears
Take the road that's narrow,
But if you should ever stray
Just remember Mama's Bible
Will help you find your way

Mama's Bible, she saved me
Will be your anchor on stormy seas
In times of trouble, in times of need
In Mama's Bible, always believe
There were night's when I'd come home late
To find her in her favorite chair
Reading from her Bible
Talking to the Lord in prayer

When her tears were just a memory
Her love will never die
I've read in Mama's Bible
They will never say goodbye

Mama's Bible saved me
Will be your anchor on stormy seas
In times of trouble, in times of need
muscrat likes this post.
Old 02-28-2014, 12:52 PM   #3452
Stazon Splitcoast

Created for a Purpose
Heavenly Father, you created each of us for a purpose, to accomplish something special that will fit into your plan. May we always be free to follow where you lead so that we can be guided and trained by you to fit in with the beautiful tapestry woven from the lives of all of us.
— from Stories of Jesus

"A man must be big enough to admit his mistakes, smart enough to profit from them, and strong enough to correct them." -John C. Maxwell

Joan
charlie1, caterinafmig and muscrat like this post.
Old 03-01-2014, 08:23 AM   #3453
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:

How are you doing? Thinking of you
Old 03-01-2014, 08:24 AM   #3454
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Start Your Day With Jesus

I want to encourage you to start your day with Jesus. Practice His presence, acknowledge Him, commit your plans to Him and trust Him for His unmerited favor, wisdom and strength for the day.

Remember to be like Joseph in the Bible. The Lord was with Joseph and he was a successful man! Your success does not come as a result of you being updated about the latest virus or you being cued in to the latest disaster. No, your success will come as a result of you being tuned in to the presence of Jesus in your life!

I have also come to realize that the last thought before you go to sleep is very important. I have tried this before and you can try it too: Go to bed thinking about Jesus, giving thanks to Him for the day. Most times, I wake up feeling rejuvenated, energized and refreshed even if I did not sleep for many hours.

Beloved, sandwich your day with the presence of Jesus. Start the day with Him, enjoy Him during the day and end the day with Him on your mind!
Old 03-03-2014, 12:47 PM   #3455
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

***REST IN MY ARMS, CHILD***
------
Rest in My arms, child,
Yes, in My arms rest,
I provide what is good,
I give what is best.

Should it seem
That all has gone awry,
Should you feel
Tears brim in your eye,

Should you long
For comfort and peace,
Rest in My arms,
All to Me now release.

For I am working
All things for good,
Just as I promised
I always would.

I am turning
The clouds to sunlight,
I am transforming
Your day from the night.

Yes, I am molding
Good from the pain,
Remember in My arms
Sweet things you gain.

So rest in My arms,
Stay here with Me,
Let Me whisper to you
Promises of eternity.

Let Me shine
Into your night of woe,
Showing with love
Where you must go.

I pave your steps
With joy and peace,
As into My hands
Everything you release.

I will restore
The sparkle in your eye,
I will allow
Your spirit to fly.

For I provide what is good,
I give what is best..
So rest in My arms, child,
Yes, in My arms rest!

Caroline Gavin ©March 2014
Purposeful Pathway
muscrat likes this post.
Old 03-03-2014, 02:19 PM   #3456
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks Caterina- the poem is just what I needed!

"A man must be big enough to admit his mistakes, smart enough to profit from them, and strong enough to correct them." -John C. Maxwell

Joan
caterinafmig likes this post.
Old 03-03-2014, 03:52 PM   #3457
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyj View Post
Thanks Caterina- the poem is just what I needed!
You are always welcome my friend... we all need it for this world is far from perfect and it is comforting to know that our God is perfect.
Old 03-03-2014, 07:45 PM   #3458
Matboard Maniac

Your poem is just what I needed ..... I am going through some difficult changes in my life.
Thanks for the encouraging poem.
Old 03-04-2014, 07:12 AM   #3459
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie1 View Post
Your poem is just what I needed ..... I am going through some difficult changes in my life.
Thanks for the encouraging poem.
Grateful you were encouraged. May God smooth out all of the difficulties as He surrounds you with His love and grace.
charlie1 likes this post.
Old 03-04-2014, 08:19 PM   #3460
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

HYPNOTIZING! You won't be able to stop watching, I couldn't . These Japanese dancers using lights in their performance is absolutely a unique thing.
Click on link...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=740746119303080
Old 03-05-2014, 04:12 PM   #3461
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

God still does his best work in the most difficult of circumstances."
— Tim Hansel
charlie1, smileyj and muscrat like this post.
Old 03-06-2014, 04:00 PM   #3462
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

A Mother's Prayer

"Precious Heavenly Father,

Give me patience when little hands
tug at me with their many demands.

Give me gentle hugging arms
to help protect them from rebellions harm.

Give me wisdom from above
to teach these little ones of Your love.

Give me strength, Your love not to spare
that they may obey and live under Your care.

Give me a spirit . . . quiet and meek
let my words show kindness as I speak.

Give me the ability to teach from the heart
to help my children learn Your Word from the start.

Give me the words You'd have me say
to teach my children how to pray.

Give me time, special moments to share
that they may know, "Mommy really does care."

Give me hands that work willingly
a steadfast example that I may be.

Give me courage to stand in Your might
to teach my little ones to always do right.

Give me boldness to do all these and more
that I may not be ashamed when I stand at Your door.

Thank You Father,

In Jesus Name I pray,

Amen."
muscrat likes this post.
Old 03-08-2014, 07:19 AM   #3463
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Important Rules of Writing

Each pronoun agrees with their antecedent.

Just between you and I case is important.

Verbs has to agree with their subjects.

Watch out for irregular verbs which have crope into our language.

Don't use no double negatives.

A writer mustn't shift your point of view.

When dangling, don't use participles.

Join clauses good, like a conjunction should.

Don't write a run-on sentence you have to punctuate it.

About sentence fragments.

In a letter themes reports articles and stuff like that we use commas to keep a string of items apart.

Don't use commas, which aren't necessary.

Its very important that you use apostrophe's right.

Don't abbrev.

Check to see if you have any words out.

As far as incomplete constructions, they are wrong.

Never use a preposition to end a sentence with.

It is important to never ever under any circumstances split an infinitive.

The active voice is preferred.

Use of the passive voice is to be avoided.

Eschew obfuscation.

Never use a long word when a diminutive one will do.

Last but not least, avoid cliches like the plague.

Old 03-10-2014, 08:23 AM   #3464
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Wonder of Wonders

There's wonder when a grain of sand
becomes a perfect pearl;
when, in the east, the sun will rise
to heat and light the world.

How does a mighty oak tree
from a tiny acorn grow;
and purple martins return in spring
to homes they already know?

Why have humans throughout time
looked up and been convinced?
The beauty of creation
is awesome evidence.

Perhaps somewhere deep inside our souls
a sense of God comes through,
and with the spark that lights the fire,
we come to know what's true.

Insight is granted to each of us
to accept or reject as we will.
And even if we ignore it,
His Spirit remains with us still.

He comes to us in sunshine,
and He comes again in rain.
He's there with us in happy times
and shares with us our pain.

It's when we learn to seek Him
that all wonder is revealed.
We'll say to Him, My Savior,
and find that we are healed.

~ Linda Gleason ~
Stamping Servant and smileyj like this post.
Old 03-11-2014, 01:39 PM   #3465
Stazon Splitcoast

Beloved Child of God

Negative comments can bring us down, but prayer can help us turn down the volume on our internal bully and accuser. Only then can we hear the loving voice that arises out of silence: “You are my beloved. I delight in you.” That's a message that needs to be written in our heart's journal every day.

— from Startled By God

Joan
charlie1, caterinafmig and muscrat like this post.
Old 03-11-2014, 04:58 PM   #3466
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Never Too Old To Be Young Again

An early morning winter storm had dumped several inches of snow here in the mountains of my home. Schools were cancelled, roads were treacherous, and all I wanted to do was stay in bed. Still, I knew I had to get the day started so I bundled up and walked outside. The snow was over my shoes. The cold wind was chapping my lips. My 47 year old back ached in anticipation of the shoveling I would have to do if the snow didn’t stop soon.

Yet, when I looked out on the crystal blanket that covered the ground I couldn’t help but smile a bit. It was so beautiful. It softened the bare trees and hid the dead grass. In the distance I could hear the sound of the snow plow on the road, the barking of a happy dog, and the laughter of children playing outside, enjoying their day off from school.

The sweet music of that laughter brought back a hundred memories of Winters past. I remembered catching snowflakes on my tongue, building snowmen, making snow angels, sledding down hills, and always losing the snowball fights with first my brothers and then my own children. Standing there in that warm coat of remembering made the wind a little less cold and my back a little less sore. I turned up my head, stuck out my tongue, and for the first time in years caught a snowflake on it. It tasted so fresh and clean. It tasted like youth, like joy, and like love. I looked up to the Heavens and Thanked God for all of my memories and for the simple truth that you are never too old to be young again.

May you always feel young in spirit no matter how old or achy your body may be. May you always delight in the simple joys of life. May you always share your happiness with the heart of a child. And may you always give your love, your light, your laughter, and your warmth to others even on the coldest of days.

~ Joseph J. Mazzella ~
Old 03-14-2014, 07:33 PM   #3467
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

A word aptly spoken is like apples of gold in settings of
silver.
Proverbs 25:11
Old 03-15-2014, 08:47 AM   #3468
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

God’s Flock

There comes a point in our lives that no matter what we set out to do, sometimes we have to know when to throw in the towel. It happens despite our best intents, despite our hard work and dedication. Some things just don’t work out.

I have raised a yard full of chickens for eight years now. Eight long years of dashing into the coop during an unexpected storm, and closing the birds up to keep them from being pounded into chicken kabobs by hail. Eight years of racing around the pasture, frantically gathering them up when they manage to escape from the safety of the backyard.

Today, after giving it much thought, I threw in the towel on my career as a chicken farmer. I have no regrets. After all, I have learned a great deal about chickens. Seems they are on the bottom of the food chain. Indeed, they are but mere plankton in the sea of life.

Everything, and I mean everything, eats chickens. I‘ve chased great horned owls from the coop, opossums, coyote, egg-eating snakes the size of my mother, and numerous stray dogs that wander by. Let‘s not forget chicken hawks. Chicken hawks are not named chicken hawks because they eat caviar, I have come to realize.

Many years of scooping up felled chickens built up to the point where I found myself no longer enjoying my hobby. Oh, I loved those chickens, don’t get me wrong. But, it seemed no matter how I fought, mother nature always won. One by one, they slowly succumbed to those things that creep silently in the night who have a palate for white meat.

This afternoon, I found six hens that had got out, lying dead. Victims of a stray dog. The white towel of defeat drifted into the autumn wind, as I solemnly shuffled into the house, and ran an ad to re-home them. It was time, and it was the right thing to do for them.

I wouldn’t give my flock to just anyone, I decided. My birds deserved a good, safe home. I carefully explained as I typed out the ad, that it was a hard decision to let them go, but admitted I could not keep them safe. I wanted them to go to someone who would take every measure to build a safe, inescapable habitat for them. I wanted them to have a home where they were loved, and enjoyed, for something other than their delectable taste.

That someone contacted me very quickly.

There are days I forget to talk to God. I’ll admit, those days might run into a month or more. I know He’s there, but when things are going well, I often forget to pray. When things are bad, I’m found kneeling against my bed, rocking on my knees with my hands pressed firmly together, hoping He’ll listen to me, if just for a moment. After all, he is a busy, busy man tending his flocks.

Today, God sent me a gentle reminder that he is still with me. He let me know he still walks with me, as I pick up the lifeless bodies of his precious flock. He was in the soft wind as it whispered around me, even though I had not talked to Him in many days.

He sent me a man who wants to love those hens, and keep them safe. And, best of all, this kind individual has shown me how God works in mysterious ways. How God creeps up, and sends us gentle reminders that he is still with us, even though the chips, and the egg counts, are down.

My chickens will soon be going to a new home. They will now be called ‘God’s Flock‘, their new owner explained. He plans to build them a new coop that Houdini could not escape. Then, he will gather their eggs, and donate them to the church pantry.

I must remember, God is always there, even if I sometimes forget to pray. He will quietly send me a gentle reminder from the blueberry sky, as he did today. His flock now has a new start, a new purpose. Their eggs will feed the hungry, they will feed the poor.

I couldn’t be happier, as I gaze above me, and see that towel of victory drifting in the autumn winds.

"For he is our God; and we are the people of his pasture, and the
sheep of his hand. Today, if ye will hear his voice." Psalms 95:7

~ Shelley Madden ~
smileyj, muscrat and ohmypaper! like this post.
Old 03-17-2014, 07:48 AM   #3469
Stazon Splitcoast

Heart

Today is not only St. Patrick's Day but our 25th Wedding Anniversary!
Attached Thumbnails
march-17-1989.jpg  
Stamping Servant, smileyj and muscrat like this post.
Old 03-17-2014, 08:14 AM   #3470
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Anniversary, Caterina! Beautiful picture, beautiful smiles!
Stamping Servant and caterinafmig like this post.
Old 03-17-2014, 08:16 AM   #3471
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscrat View Post
Happy Anniversary, Caterina! Beautiful picture, beautiful smiles!
Thank you... hard to believe I was so young
muscrat likes this post.
Old 03-17-2014, 12:36 PM   #3472
Die Cut Diva

Caterina!! How I love your wedding photo ..... you're both beautiful!!

Congratulations to you and Reynold. I have to ask you if you are celebrating with a snow and/or ice storm today?? We have had freezing rain all day long.
Old 03-17-2014, 04:32 PM   #3473
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stamping Servant View Post
Caterina!! How I love your wedding photo ..... you're both beautiful!!

Congratulations to you and Reynold. I have to ask you if you are celebrating with a snow and/or ice storm today?? We have had freezing rain all day long.
Much thanks, Rita.

We had over six inches of snow today... 25 years ago it was a beautiful warm sunny 75 degrees. The Lord could not have given us better weather for our wedding.

We decided to 'celebrate' by going on a trip to Israel in the very near future. This will be my second visit and Reynold's first.
Stamping Servant and muscrat like this post.
Old 03-18-2014, 05:32 PM   #3474
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

NOAH IN THE 21ST CENTURY

And we thought we had problems! If Noah had lived in the United States in the last ten years, the story may have gone something like this:

And the Lord spoke to Noah and said, "In one year, I am going to make it rain and cover the whole earth with water until all flesh is destroyed. But I want you to save the righteous people and two of every kind of living thing on earth. Therefore, I am commanding you to build an Ark." In fear and trembling, Noah took the plans and agreed to build the ark. "Remember," said the Lord, "you must complete the Ark and bring everything aboard in one year."

Exactly one year later, fierce storm clouds covered the earth and all the seas of the earth went into a tumult. The Lord saw that Noah was sitting in his front yard weeping. "Noah!" He shouted. "Where is the Ark?" "Lord, please forgive me," cried Noah. "I did my best, but there were big problems."

"First, I had to get a permit for construction, and your plans did not meet the building codes. I had to hire an engineering firm and redraw the plans. Then I got into a fight with OSHA over whether or not the Ark needed a sprinkler system and approved floatation devices. Then, my neighbor objected, claiming I was violating zoning ordinances by building the Ark in my front yard, so I had to get a variance from the city planning commission."

"Then, I had problems getting enough wood for the Ark because there was a ban on cutting trees to protect the Spotted Owl. I finally convinced the U.S. Forest Service that I really needed the wood to save the owls. However, the Fish and Wildlife Service won't let me take the 2 owls. The carpenters formed a union and went on strike. I had to negotiate a settlement with the National Labor Relations Board before anyone would pick up a saw or hammer. Now, I have 16 carpenters on the Ark, but still no owls."

"When I started rounding up the other animals, an animal rights group sued me. They objected to me taking only two of each kind aboard. This suit is pending. Meanwhile, the EPA notified me that I could not complete the Ark without filing an environmental impact statement on your proposed flood. They didn't take very kindly to the idea that they had no jurisdiction over the conduct of the Creator of the Universe. Then, the Army Corps of Engineers demanded a map of the proposed flood plain. I sent them a globe."

"Right now, I am trying to resolve a complaint filed with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission that I am practicing discrimination by not taking atheists aboard. The IRS has seized my assets, claiming that I'm building the Ark in preparation to flee the country to avoid paying taxes. I just got a notice from the state that I owe them some kind of user tax and failed to register the Ark as a 'recreational water craft.' And finally, the ACLU got the courts to issue an injunction against further construction of the Ark, saying that since God is flooding the earth, it's a religious event and therefore unconstitutional. I really don't think I can finish the Ark for another five or six years."

Noah waited.

The sky began to clear, the sun began to shine, and the seas began to calm. A rainbow arched across the sky. Noah looked up hopefully, "You mean you're not going to destroy the earth, Lord?"

"No," He said sadly. "I don't have to. The government already has."

- AUTHOR UNKNOWN -
muscrat likes this post.
Old 03-19-2014, 12:16 PM   #3475
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

There was a father and his little girl who lost their wife and mother suddenly one night in a car accident. As the daddy was putting his daughter to bed that night, they both sat there in darkness when the little girl broke the silence, “Daddy, this is a dark night. I think it’s the darkest night we’ve ever had.”

“Yes, baby,” the dad responded, “I think it is.”

Then the little girl reached out in the darkness, touched her Daddy’s face, and said, “Good. Your face is toward me.” And with that, the little girl laid her head down, closed her eyes, and slept.

In the deepest imaginable pain, that little girl was comforted by knowing her daddy was there and his face was toward her. And in our own deep pain, we can take comfort knowing that our heavenly Daddy keeps His face toward us even in the darkest of nights. We may not be able to see it, but we can be sure it’s there.

Real and lasting comfort from pain isn’t found by just numbing what hurts. Real comfort is found in knowing that in the depths of sorrow, you are deeply and truly loved by a Father who knows exactly how you feel. Find your true peace and rest in the Father who loves you.

FIND PEACE IN THE MIDST OF PAIN BY TRUSTING IN THE FATHER WHO LOVES YOU AND WILL NEVER LEAVE YOUR SIDE

This post is from Inspirational post I received today. I feel it explains Who our Almighty Father Is and HE cares for us deeply. Pray far all that are in pain and hurting today.
Stamping Servant and muscrat like this post.
Old 03-22-2014, 11:19 AM   #3476
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Our Gifts Are For Encouraging

Help us, Lord, to see ourselves
Through your loving eyes,
To see what you see in us
And to come to realize

That everything that we possess
Comes directly from you,
The gifts, the talents you've placed within
Are there for us to use

To reach with hope to those that hurt,
To those who've lost their way
It's your gifts, Lord, they're not our own,
So take them, Lord, we pray

And use them for your glory,
So others may be blessed
And have their spirits lifted
And their souls also refreshed

So they can then be challenged
To seek more after you,
To be much more empowered
For what ever they may do

For each of us have talents
That God has placed within
So we can encourage others
To have a closer walk with Him

And as we encourage another,
We can be encouraged ourselves,
For there needs to be a continual flow
And a continual pouring out

And as we do this, we will find
Insecurities will disappear
And we’ll be strengthened in His love
To overcome our fears.

© By M.S.Lowndes
Old 03-22-2014, 12:39 PM   #3477
Die Cut Diva

Caterina .... I just love this poem! Since you are someone who delights in encouraging all of us on SCS, I just have to think of you as I read this poem, dear friend!

Hugs,

Rita
caterinafmig and muscrat like this post.
Old 03-22-2014, 01:20 PM   #3478
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stamping Servant View Post
Caterina .... I just love this poem! Since you are someone who delights in encouraging all of us on SCS, I just have to think of you as I read this poem, dear friend!

Hugs,

Rita

You are an encourager as well Rita with your sweet words - thanks!
muscrat likes this post.
Old 03-24-2014, 04:35 PM   #3479
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Small Blessings

You thank God for the little things
That make for a brighter day,
The loving mate, the caring child
Who calls when far away.
You're thankful for the gift of health,
Though you may not be as bright,
And not as strong as once you were
And you don't sleep as well at night.
Still, you're better off than others,
Your problems are relatively few,
Compared to those with no roof o'er their heads
Or no sight and unable to do
The simplest things for themselves,
Like walking or fixing a meal.
When you contemplate others' problems
Your little problems don't even seem real.
So, you bow your head to your God
And thank him for being so kind,
And ask the Lord in his mercy
To keep all the others in mind.

~ Mary Eileen Butera ~
muscrat likes this post.
Old 03-25-2014, 07:57 PM   #3480
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

An eight-year-old boy named Jeremy was having his annual checkup and the pediatrician began tapping on his chest. 'Do you hear that sound?' he asked. 'That is the sound of your lungs. Do you know what your lungs are filled with?' 'Air,' said the boy. 'And do you hear that solid sound?' the doctor continued. 'That is your heart. What is your heart filled with?' 'Love,' Jeremy said."