Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree493Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-27-2013, 06:22 PM   #3401
Stazon Splitcoast

Caterina- They way 2013 was for us the jar wouldn't be very full. Hope that 2014 will be much better!

Nothing is impossible, the word itself says ‘I’m possible’ Audrey Hepburn[

Joan
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-29-2013, 05:07 PM   #3402
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyj View Post
Caterina- They way 2013 was for us the jar wouldn't be very full. Hope that 2014 will be much better!
Joan, bet if we think of the good from God every day, our jars will be full and amazing to read the very last day of the year. Sometimes the simplest of gestures can be enjoyable and memorable.
Old 12-29-2013, 05:09 PM   #3403
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Anita's husband Ronnie was brutally gunned down, but instead of being filled with hate, this widow is spreading a message of peace and forgiveness. You need to see this.

A Widow Has a Message of Forgiveness After Her Husband Was Murdered
Old 12-29-2013, 05:42 PM   #3404
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by caterinafmig View Post
Joan, bet if we think of the good from God every day, our jars will be full and amazing to read the very last day of the year. Sometimes the simplest of gestures can be enjoyable and memorable.
I know that I am very blessed. Many wonderful things have occurred. I have been praying for DH's physical problems to be alleviated. This has really made the 2013 negative!

Joan
Old 12-29-2013, 08:41 PM   #3405
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyj View Post
I know that I am very blessed. Many wonderful things have occurred. I have been praying for DH's physical problems to be alleviated. This has really made the 2013 negative!
Dealing with physical problems can be draining. May God's grace abundantly flow on DH and you!
smileyj and muscrat like this post.
Old 12-31-2013, 07:42 AM   #3406
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

As this year comes to a close, reflect on all of the wonderful blessings God has bestowed upon you. Life is a gift... let us be thankful for everything in it!

Use this Moment to Reflect on Your Blessings for the Past Year
charlie1, smileyj and muscrat like this post.
Old 01-01-2014, 06:50 AM   #3407
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!
Praying for peace and comfort!

Joan
caterinafmig likes this post.
Old 01-01-2014, 01:59 PM   #3408
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

HAPPY 2014!!!

Living far away from home and their families is hard, but these troops in Afghanistan are still joyously welcoming a new year - and hope you do, too!

These Troops in Afghanistan Have a Special Message You Should Hear
charlie1 and muscrat like this post.
Old 01-02-2014, 09:00 PM   #3409
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Ed has a degenerative, terminal disease. He knows he is dying... but he also knows that life is a blessing and his isn't over yet. Please listen to his incredible message.

What This Dying Man Has to Say About His Life Will Give You Incredible Hope
Old 01-04-2014, 09:01 AM   #3410
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you.
1 Peter 5:7, NLT

Let Go And See God’s Supply Flow

There is a story of a young man who struggled to make ends meet. One day, he got six pieces of white cardboard paper and wrote down these six letters: “L-E-T G-O-D.” This was to remind him to stop worrying and striving to provide for himself and his family, and to let God take over. He placed the cards upright on his dressing table so that he would be reminded each day to let God provide for him.

Well, days passed and nothing changed. He was still in lack and became even more worried, anxious and frustrated. One day, out of desperation, he prayed, “God, please, I really want to know how to ‘let You.’ I want You to take over and supply all my needs, but I don’t know how to! God, please answer me.” The window in his room was open. A wind blew in—whoosh!—and one of the cards fell off the table. It was the last card with the letter “D.” The man looked up and saw the remaining cards spell the words, “LET GO.”

My friend, the way you LET GOD provide for you is to LET GO! Let go and stop worrying about the problem. Cast it into the hands of Almighty God who cares for you and leave it there, and you will begin to see His grace and provision flow freely in your life!
Old 01-06-2014, 05:50 AM   #3411
Stazon Splitcoast

God Is on Your Side

Be bold enough to believe that God is on your side, even when you forget to be on His. Live your life, then, not by law, but by love. If you love God, you will never do anything to hurt God, and, therefore, never make yourself unhappy. —Fulton J. Sheen

— from Love Never Fails

Joan
charlie1 and caterinafmig like this post.
Old 01-07-2014, 06:43 PM   #3412
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

One Good Day

I had one good day today. It started out with a morning walk with my dogs under the starlight before dawn. It was so beautiful. Looking up I thanked God for the stars, the Earth, and my life. After the walk it was time for a warm breakfast followed by some exercises and prayer. Then I headed out to the office. The sun was out and glistened off the melting snow. The sight made me smile and since I was alone with nobody else’s ears to offend I sang along with the CD playing in my car with a loud voice and a happy heart.

My good day was just beginning, however. I helped it along by giving a cheerful greeting to everyone I met. I shared smiles and was happy to have them returned. I offered a helping hand to one friend and a pat on the back to another. Later at the store I opened the door for a lady with her arms full of packages. I bought a few boxes of pancake mix to put in the food drive collection bin. I told a tired cashier what a good job she was doing and watched her whole face light up.

When I got home I gave my daughter a hug, kissed my oldest son on the head, and laughed and played with my youngest son before doing some work on the computer. Then I answered letters trying to share a little good humor, a kind word, a bit of inspiration, and a loving thought or two with my friends around the world. Later in the evening I spent some quiet time reading a good book, petting my dogs on the head, and scratching my old grey cat under her chin. Finally I ended the day the way I started it: walking my dogs under the starlight, and thanking God for this world, my life, and the chance to live for one more good day.

Perhaps the key to having a great life is to live it one good day at a time. Perhaps the key to being happy in this world is to love all we today and let God take care of our tomorrow. May all of your today’s be good ones.

~ Joseph J. Mazzella ~
muscrat likes this post.
Old 01-08-2014, 01:32 PM   #3413
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Too funny....

Side By Side – A Love Story

Try not to shed a tear as George Younce sings “Side By Side” a deeply moving love story about an elderly couple’s honeymoon. You’re never too old to fall in love and get married even if you’re not quite as fit as you were when younger. I’m so glad George was able to share his feelings of being side by side with the love of his life.

Side By Side - A Love Story
Old 01-09-2014, 06:01 AM   #3414
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

The nicest place to be is in someone's thoughts,
the safest place to be is in someone's prayers,
and the very best place to be is...
in the hands of God.
charlie1, smileyj and muscrat like this post.
Old 01-14-2014, 10:44 AM   #3415
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

TIME FOR A CHUCKLE....

A Letter Home

A young man, living away from home, writes to his parents...

Dear folks,

I feel miserable because I have to keep writing for money. I feel ashamed and unhappy to have to ask for another hundred, but every cell in my body rebels. I beg on bended knee that you forgive me.

Your son, Marvin.

P.S. I felt so terrible I ran after the mailman who picked this up in the box at the corner. I wanted to take this letter and burn it. I prayed that I could get it back. But it was too late.

A few days later, he received a letter from his father. It said...

Dear son,

Your prayers were answered. Your letter never came.
Old 01-16-2014, 10:40 AM   #3416
Proud Fan Club Member

I LOVE THIS. I WILL B VISTING MANY TIMES. THANKS 4 BEING HERE FOR THOSE OF US THAT NEED A LIFT.
caterinafmig and muscrat like this post.
Old 01-16-2014, 10:58 AM   #3417
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by beehappy View Post
I LOVE THIS. I WILL B VISTING MANY TIMES. THANKS 4 BEING HERE FOR THOSE OF US THAT NEED A LIFT.

Happy to have you visit!!!
Old 01-16-2014, 02:09 PM   #3418
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Beautiful touching story....

After Losing His Wife to Cancer, a Widower Decided to Eat Alone at a Restaurant for the First Time ? What He Did Before He Left Made People Cry | TheBlaze.com
Old 01-17-2014, 07:29 AM   #3419
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

"You'll never realize Jesus is all you need until Jesus is all you've got."
— Mother Teresa
Old 01-18-2014, 01:03 PM   #3420
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

She Never Saw The Cake

Cindy glanced nervously at the clock on the kitchen wall. Five minutes before midnight.

"They should be home any time now," she thought as she put the finishing touches on the chocolate cake she was frosting. It was the first time in her 12 years she had tried to make a cake from scratch, and to be honest, it wasn't exactly an aesthetic triumph. The cake was . . . well, lumpy. And the frosting was bitter, as if she had run out of sugar or something.

Which, of course, she had.

And then there was the way the kitchen looked. Imagine a huge blender filled with all the ingredients for chocolate cake – including the requisite bowls, pans and utensils. Now imagine that the blender is turned on. High speed. With the lid off.

Do you get the idea?

But Cindy wasn't thinking about the mess. She had created something, a veritable phoenix of flour and sugar rising out of the kitchen clutter. She was anxious for her parents to return home from their date so she could present her anniversary gift to them. She turned off the kitchen lights and waited excitedly in the darkness. When at last she saw the flash of the car headlights, she positioned herself in the kitchen doorway. By the time she heard the key sliding into the front door, she was THIS CLOSE to exploding.

Her parents tried to slip in quietly, but Cindy would have none of that. She flipped on the lights dramatically and trumpeted: "Ta-daaa!" She gestured grandly toward the kitchen table, where a slightly off-balance two-layer chocolate cake awaited their inspection.

But her mother's eyes never made it all the way to the table.

"Just look at this mess!" she moaned. "How many times have I talked to you about cleaning up after yourself?"

"But Mom, I was only . . ."

"I should make you clean this up right now, but I'm too tired to stay up with you to make sure you get it done right," her mother said. "So you'll do it first thing in the morning."

"Honey," Cindy's father interjected gently, "take a look at the table."

"I know – it’s a mess," his wife said coldly. "The whole kitchen is a disaster. I can't stand to look at it." She stormed up the stairs and into her room, slamming the door shut behind her.

For a few moments Cindy and her father stood silently, neither one knowing what to say. At last she looked up at him, her eyes moist and red.

"She never saw the cake," she said.

Unfortunately, Cindy's mother isn't the only parent who suffers from Situational Timbercular Glaucoma – the occasional inability to see the forest for the trees. From time to time we all allow ourselves to be blinded to issues of long-term significance by Stuff That Seems Awfully Important Right Now – but isn't. Muddy shoes, lost lunch money and messy kitchens are troublesome, and they deserve their place among life's frustrations. But what's a little mud – even on new carpet – compared to a child's self-esteem? Is a lost dollar more valuable than a youngster's emerging dignity? And while kitchen sanitation is important, is it worth the sacrifice of tender feelings and relationships?

I'm not saying that our children don't need to learn responsibility, or to occasionally suffer the painful consequences of bad choices. Those lessons are vital, and need to be carefully taught. But as parents we must never forget that we're not teaching lessons – we’re teaching children. That means there are times when we need to see the mess in the kitchen.

And times when we only need to see the cake.

~ Joseph Walker ~
muscrat likes this post.
Old 01-23-2014, 06:46 AM   #3421
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Time for a chuckle...

Suggestion Box

Some of my co-workers and I decided to remove the small, wooden suggestion box from our office because it had received so few entries. We stuck the box on top of a seven-foot-high metal storage cabinet and then promptly forgot about it.

Months later, when the box was moved during remodeling, we found a single slip of paper inside. The suggestion read, "Lower the box!"

Old 01-28-2014, 04:20 PM   #3422
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

A Brighter Day

There will be a brighter day tomorrow
Just trust in God He'll share your sorrow.
Oh lay your cares at the Saviors feet
And when you do you'll feel complete.

He'll recreate your life once torn
You'll feel like you've just been reborn.
Give praise to Him and then you'll know.
His love and strength to help you grow.

When life's hard times are very sad
He'll give you joy and make you glad.
Look to the Lord, just trust in Him
He lifts us up when we feel grim.

So don't look back, just keep on praying
You'll feel His presence softly saying
"I'll fill your cup and take your pain
You've nothing to lose but all to gain."

"Come unto me I'll give you rest
And comfort you through troubling tests."
Though it may seem long, He'll make a way
To lead you on to a much brighter day.

Old 01-30-2014, 06:52 PM   #3423
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

When asked “Who is Jesus?” The Seattle Seahawks had some pretty in-depth answers! “Jesus Christ is better than anything,” says Rocky Seto, “including the Super Bowl.” It may be surprising to hear an answer like that coming from one of this year’s leading football teams, but it’s a beautiful testament to their faith that they’re willing to stand up for Jesus. May God bless them in all that they do.

Seattle Seahawks Answer Question, ?Who Is Jesus?? | Jesus Loves You
Old 02-01-2014, 11:58 AM   #3424
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

I Know Nothing But Miracles
Walt Whitman

As for me, I know nothing else but miracles,
Whether I walk the streets of Manhattan,
Or dart my sight over the roofs of houses toward the sky,
Or wade with naked feet along the beach just at the edge of the water,
Or stand under the trees in the woods,
Or talk by day with any one I love,
Or sleep in bed at night with the one I love,
Or watch honey bees busy around the hive of a summer forenoon...
Or the wonderfulness of the sundown,
Or of stars shining so quiet and bright,
Or the exquisite delicate thin curve of the new moon in spring...
What stranger miracles are there?
Old 02-02-2014, 03:04 PM   #3425
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Happy Groundhog's Day!

The Second of February

There's only the day the whole long year,
That I hope and pray the sun won't appear.
The second of February, you all know,
The groundhog goes searching for his shadow.
If he should find it, the story is told,
We'll have six more weeks of winter's cold.
But if it is cloudy, his shadow's not there,
There'll soon be warm weather and days will be fair.
So please, Mr. Sun, for just this one day.
Find a big dark cloud - and stay away!
muscrat likes this post.
Old 02-03-2014, 05:18 PM   #3426
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Amen!
Attached Thumbnails
gods-love.jpg  
muscrat likes this post.
Old 02-06-2014, 04:12 PM   #3427
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

A SPLENDID WORD

Love is a splendid word –
it is a dream come true.
Being the power beyond all powers –
it heals the hurt in you.

It’s like a river flowing,
greening its thirsty banks;
or like a young child praying…
offering its heart’s honest thanks.

Love’s a renewing spirit…
that falls on the desert, like rain;
your soul is refreshed by Love’s teardrops
and your life can bear fruit once again.

High on a hill we’ve a vision…
of things unseen from below.
In the world we find indecision…
from the hilltop we’re able to “know!”

Love is a boundless ocean,
deeper than you can conceive.
Its wisdom awaits your discovery –
simply open your mind and believe!
muscrat likes this post.
Old 02-07-2014, 07:59 AM   #3428
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Chuckle time...

Texting Elderly

An elderly couple had just learned how to send text messages on their cellphones. The wife was a romantic type, and the husband was more of a no-nonsense guy.

One afternoon the wife went out to meet a friend for coffee. She decided to send her husband a romantic text message, so she wrote: "If you are sleeping, send me your dreams. If you are laughing, send me your smile. If you are eating, send me a bite. If you are drinking, send me a sip. If you are crying, send me your tears. I love you."

The husband texted back to her: "I'm using the bathroom. Please advise."
Old 02-07-2014, 11:18 AM   #3429
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by caterinafmig View Post
Chuckle time...

Texting Elderly

An elderly couple had just learned how to send text messages on their cellphones. The wife was a romantic type, and the husband was more of a no-nonsense guy.

One afternoon the wife went out to meet a friend for coffee. She decided to send her husband a romantic text message, so she wrote: "If you are sleeping, send me your dreams. If you are laughing, send me your smile. If you are eating, send me a bite. If you are drinking, send me a sip. If you are crying, send me your tears. I love you."

The husband texted back to her: "I'm using the bathroom. Please advise."
Giggle giggle giggle!!!
Old 02-08-2014, 03:47 PM   #3430
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

A Mother's Occupation

A woman named Emily renewing her driver's licence at the Transport office was asked by the clerk to state her occupation. She hesitated, uncertain how to classify herself. "What I mean is," explained the clerk, "do you have a job, or are you just a ......? "Of course I have a job," snapped Emily. "I'm a Mum." "We don't list 'Mum' as an occupation...... 'housewife' covers it," said the clerk emphatically.

I forgot all about her story until one day I found myself in the same situation, this time at our local police station. The Clerk was obviously a career woman, poised, efficient, and possessed of a high sounding title like, "Official Interrogator" or "Town Registrar." "What is your occupation?" she probed. What made me say it, I do not know...

The words simply popped out."I'm a Research Associate in the field of Child Development and Human Relations." The clerk paused, pen frozen in midair, and looked up as though she had not heard right. I repeated the title slowly, emphasizing the most significant words. Then I stared with wonder as my pronouncement was written in bold, black ink on the official questionnaire!

"Might I ask," said the clerk with new interest, "just what you do in your field?" Coolly, without any trace of fluster in my voice, I heard myself reply, "I have a continuing programme of research, (what mother doesn't), in the laboratory and in the field, (normally I would have said indoors and out). I'm working for my Masters, (the whole family), and already have four credits, (all daughters). Of course, the job is one of the most demanding in the humanities, (any mother care to disagree.?) and I often work 14 hours a day, (24 is more like it). But the job is more challenging than most run-of-the-mill careers and the rewards are more of a satisfaction rather than just money." There was an increasing note of respect in the girl's voice as she completed the form, stood up, and personally ushered me to the door.

When I got home, buoyed up by my glamorous new career, I was greeted by my lab assistants -ages 10, 7, and 3. Upstairs, I could hear our new experimental model, (a 6 month old baby), in the child-development programme, testing out a new vocal pattern. I felt I had triumphed over bureaucracy! And I had gone on the official records as someone more distinguished and indispensable to mankind than "just another Mum." Motherhood.....What a glorious career! Especially when there's a title on the door.

Does this make grandmothers "Senior Research Associates in the field of Child Development and Human Relations", and great grandmothers "Executive Senior Research Associates"??? I think so!!! I also think it makes Aunts "Associate Research Assistants".
Old 02-08-2014, 03:51 PM   #3431
Stazon Splitcoast

very good!

Joan
Old 02-10-2014, 07:41 AM   #3432
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

…God has chosen the weak things of the world to put to shame the things which are mighty; and the base things of the world and the things which are despised God has chosen…to bring to nothing the things that are.
1 Corinthians 1:27–28

God Uses What Man Deems Useless

There was once an old donkey that decided to go somewhere deserted to spend its last days. It found a suitable place, laid down and died after a few days. God looked down at the donkey and said, “I can’t use this donkey.”

Along came the vultures and foxes, picking off chunks of flesh from the donkey. It was a sorry sight. God looked down at the donkey and said, “I still can’t use this donkey.” Then, the ants and other critters of the wilderness came, and cleared up what the vultures and foxes had left behind. The donkey was now just a skeleton, but God still couldn’t use it.

Days and weeks passed, the burning sun scorching the bones of the donkey till they were totally dry and white. God looked down at what was left of the donkey and said, “Now I can use the donkey!”

Then along came Samson with his seven locks dancing in the wind. The man looked around for a weapon to wield against his enemies, and found…just an old dried up jawbone of a donkey. And with the seemingly useless and worthless jawbone, he slew a thousand men (Judges 15:11–17).

My friend, God uses what the world deems useless and past its shelf life to accomplish amazing feats. That’s just His style. So if people have written you off, called you “useless” or treated you as insignificant, get ready! God can and is about to use you to do the impossible. He’ll transform and empower you to do what you and your critics never dreamed possible!
muscrat likes this post.
Old 02-11-2014, 12:16 PM   #3433
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

William Bradford was born in 1590 in Yorkshire, but he would become one of the most famous writers and leaders in American history, famous for the "Mayflower Compact" and "History of Plimoth Plantation," which wasn't published in full until 1856.

Although Bradford never received formal education, his leadership were exemplary when he took over as governor in 1621, after the first governor died. He held the position for the rest of his life (excluding five years), and his writings about the Plymouth colony, with all of their triumphs and tragedies is dramatic and unforgettable.

Here's a poem by William Bradford:

From my years young in days of youth,
God did make known to me his truth,
And call'd me from my native place
For to enjoy the means of grace.
In wilderness he did me guide,
And in strange lands for me provide.
In fears and wants, though weal and woe,
A pilgrim, past I to and fro:
Oft left of them whom I did trust;
How vain it is to rest on dust!
A man of sorrows I have been,
And many changes I have seen.
Wars, wants, peace, plenty, have I known;
And some advanc'd, others thrown down.
The humble poor, cheeful and glad;
Rich, discontent, sower and sad:
When fears and sorrows have been mixt,
Consolations came betwixt.
Faint not, poor soul, in God still trust,
Fear not the things thou suffer must;
For, whom he loves he doth castise,
And then all tears wipes from their eyes.
Farewell, dear children, whom I love,
Your better Father is above:
When I am gone, he can supply;
To him I leave you when I die.
Fear him in truth, walk in his ways,
And he will bless you all your days.
My days are spent, old age is come,
My strength it fails, my glass near run:
Now I will wait, when work is done,
Until my happy change shall come,
When from my labours I shall rest,
With Christ above for to be blest.
Old 02-11-2014, 04:13 PM   #3434
Die Cut Diva

GOD'S WORD WILL NOT RETURN EMPTY -- Isaiah 55:11

"...so is My word that goes out from My mouth: It will not return to Me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it."

Isaiah was a great prophet, perhaps one of the greatest. Just look at the length of the book of Isaiah. Think about the labor of love that it required for this man to write this book. He didn't have a word processor. He didn't even have a typewriter. He certainly didn't have a secretary who could take shorthand, and then go type it up for him. All he had was some parchment and a quill that would only write a few characters before having to be dipped again. Slowly, laboriously, Isaiah wrote down the words that God gave him. There had to be times that he felt frustrated. There had to be times when he wanted to just trash the whole thing. There had to be times that he felt like what he was doing was totally useless and a waste of time. Then God spoke to Isaiah and said, "...so is My word that goes out from My mouth: It will not return to Me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it." It was with this reassurance that Isaiah continued to speak and write the words that God gave him to say - the reassurance that every word that God spoke would accomplish what God wanted it to accomplish, even if Isaiah couldn't see it.

You and I need to remember the same thing. We need to remember God's promise that His word will not come back empty, that it will always accomplish the purpose for which He sent it. When we witness to someone and see no change, no turning toward the Lord, we need to remember this. When we counsel another Christian and see no change in his or her life, we need to remember this. When we apply God's principles and His Word to our own lives and see no immediate change, we need to remember this. When we use God's word to counsel our children and see no immediate results, we need to remember this.

If you and I use God's word in every moment of our lives, if we apply His principles and His precepts to our every thought and action, if we speak His Word to others, it will never come back empty. Never. So do not despair. Even if we don't see it, even if we are never aware of what has occurred, every word that God has spoken will accomplish what God desires and will achieve the purpose for which He sent it.

©2014 Dogwood Ministries, Inc.
Old 02-12-2014, 01:13 PM   #3435
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

HAPPY 205TH BIRTHDAY PRESIDENT ABRAHAM LINCOLN

Abraham Lincoln Biography - Facts, Birthday, Life Story - Biography.com
Old 02-14-2014, 05:02 AM   #3436
Stazon Splitcoast

Who You Really Are
We are not the sum of our weaknesses and failures; we are the sum of the Father's love for us and our real capacity to become the image of his Son.
—Blessed Pope John Paul II

Joan
Old 02-14-2014, 06:50 AM   #3437
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!
Old 02-15-2014, 05:17 AM   #3438
Stazon Splitcoast

Children of God
At our Baptism God infused His spiritual DNA into our souls. The blood of Christ not only washes us clean but transforms us into children of God! We are sons and daughters of the living God!

Joan
muscrat likes this post.
Old 02-16-2014, 05:43 AM   #3439
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Meditate On

…pray [also] for one another, that you may be healed and restored…The earnest (heartfelt, continued) prayer of a righteous man makes tremendous power available [dynamic in its working].
James 5:16, AMP

The Power Of Prayer

A precious lady wrote to us with a testimony that reveals how God releases His power when His people pray. She said:

Just one month after submitting my prayer request to Joseph Prince Ministries for my husband to find a job, we received amazing news. After four long, hard years of unemployment, my husband got a job with a great position, right in his field and training. He was also offered $5,000 more than the pay amount listed in the job posting! You have no idea what a miracle this is with thousands of people losing their jobs just this week!

Beloved, never underestimate the power of prayer or agreement when believers pray for each other and stand together in faith. God gives grace to those who are humble enough to ask of Him and look to Him for help. And because He loves you practically, He has placed pastors, teachers, counselors, prayer teams and other gifts in the body of Christ to stand in faith with you to see God bring His Word to pass in your situation.

God’s greatest gifts to us are people, so don’t discount asking for help and encouragement through prayer when the going gets rough. When the righteous stand together in faith and pray, the tremendous dynamic power of God is released, resulting in healing, provision and restoration!

Old 02-17-2014, 04:55 AM   #3440
Die Cut Diva

I just came across this devotional centered around the hymn "Just As I Am" (you can read the words of the hymn by clicking on the thumbnail shown below):

A few times lately I've been reminded how God is a God who sees.
Not in the way I pictured Him when I was a little girl
- when the thought kind of bothered me and I covered up the window -
but, instead, no matter what I've done,
he sees me as one dearly loved.
We read the story of Hagar being mistreated and fleeing into the desert
where an angel speaks to her and, for the first time, she calls out to God saying
“You are the God who sees me.”
The woman judged for "wasting perfume' on her Lord was honored by Him
because he saw her heart, when man saw her sin.
The woman who gave her last penny was noted by Him as giving everything,
when others snickered.
The woman at the well was offered water that would satisfy for life
even as she realized He knew everything about her search
in all the wrong places.
The good news is that God sees and knows how we are made.
Yet He loves us and calls us . . .
"with many a conflict, many a doubt,
fighting and fears within, without . . .
Just as I am, thou wilt receive . . .
O lamb of God I come."
Attached Thumbnails
just-i-am.jpg