Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-26-2013, 07:58 AM   #3241
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

The Lord's Home Run

Freddy and the Lord stood by to observe a baseball game. The Lord's team was playing Satan's team.

The Lord's team was at bat, the score was tied zero to zero, and it was the bottom of the 9th inning with two outs. They continued to watch as a batter stepped up to the plate named "Love."

Love swung at the first pitch and hit a single, because "Love never fails."

The next batter was named Faith, who also got a single because Faith works with Love.

The next batter up was named Godly Wisdom. Satan wound up and threw the first pitch.

Godly Wisdom looked it over and let it pass: ball one. Three more pitches and Godly Wisdom walked because he never swings at what Satan throws.

The bases were now loaded. The Lord then turned to Freddy and told him He was now going to bring in His starplayer. Up to the plate stepped Grace. Freddy said, "He sure doesn't look like much!"

Satan's whole team relaxed when they saw Grace. Thinking he there was no way he could lose, Satan wound up and fired his first pitch. To the shock of everyone, Grace hit the ball harder than anyone had ever seen! However, Satan was not worried; his center fielder let very few get by.

He went up for the ball, but it went right through his glove, hit him on the head and sent him crashing on the ground; the roaring crowds went wild as the ball continued over the fence for a home run!

The Lord's team won!

The Lord then asked Freddy if he knew why Love, Faith, and Godly Wisdom could get on base but couldn't win the game. Freddy answered that he didn't know why.

The Lord explained, "If your love, faith, and wisdom had won the game, you would think you had done it by yourself. Love, Faith, and Wisdom will get you on base, but only My Grace can get you Home.

"For by Grace are you saved, it is a gift of God; not of works, lest any man should boast." Ephesians 2:8-9

"For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord will give grace and glory; no good thing will He withhold from those who walk uprightly." Psalm 84:11
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
muscrat likes this post.
Old 06-28-2013, 08:08 AM   #3242
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Who God Used

The next time you feel like God can't use you, just remember...

Noah was a drunk.
Abraham was too old.
Isaac was a daydreamer.
Jacob was a liar.
Leah was ugly.
Joseph was abused.
Moses had a stuttering problem.
Gideon was afraid.
Samson had long hair and was a womanizer.
Rahab was a prostitute.
Jeremiah and Timothy were too young.
David had an affair and was a murderer.
Elijah was suicidal.
Isaiah preached naked.
Jonah ran from God.
Naomi was a widow.
Job went bankrupt.
John the Baptist ate bugs.
Peter denied Christ.
The Disciples fell asleep while praying.
Martha worried about everything.
The Samaritan woman was divorced, more than once.
Zaccheus was too small.
Paul was too religious.
Timothy had an ulcer.
AND...
Lazarus was dead!

No more excuses now. God can use you to your full potential. Besides, you aren't the message; you are just the messenger.
muscrat likes this post.
Old 06-29-2013, 08:30 AM   #3243
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

In God We Trust

A few months ago, my husband and I were invited to spend the weekend at his employer's home. I was nervous about the weekend. The boss was very wealthy, with a fine home on the waterway, and cars costing more than our house. The first day and evening went well, and I was delighted to have this rare glimpse into how the very wealthy live.

My husband's employer was quite generous as a host and took us to the finest restaurants. I knew I would never have the opportunity to indulge in this kind of extravagance again, so I was enjoying myself. As the three of us were about to enter an exclusive restaurant one evening, the boss was walking slightly ahead of us. He stopped suddenly, looking down on the pavement for a long, silent moment. I wondered if I was supposed to pass him. There was nothing on the ground except a single darkened penny that someone had dropped and a few cigarette butts.

Still silent, the man reached down and picked up the penny. He held it up and smiled, then put it in his pocket as if he had found a great treasure.

How absurd! What need did this man have for a single penny? Why would he even take the time to stop and pick it up? Throughout dinner, the entire scene nagged at me. Finally, I could stand it no longer. I causally mentioned that my daughter once had a coin collection and asked if the penny he had found had been of some value.

A smile crept across the man's face as he reached into his pocket for the penny and held it out for us to see. I had seen many pennies before! What was the point of this?

"Look at it." he said. "Read what it says."

I read the words, "United States of America."

"No, not that; read further."

"One cent?"

"No, keep reading."

"In God we Trust?"

"Yes!"

"And?"

"And if I trust in God, the name of God is holy, even on a coin. Whenever I find a coin, I see that inscription. It is written on every single United States coin, but we never seem to notice it! God drops a message right in front of me telling me to trust Him? Who am I to pass it by? When I see a coin, I pray. I stop to see if my trust is in God at that moment. I pick the coin up as a response to God, that I do trust in Him. For a short time, at least, I cherish it as if it were gold. I think it is God's way of starting a conversation with me. Lucky for me, God is patient and pennies are plentiful!

When I was out shopping today, I found a penny on the sidewalk. I stopped and picked it up and realized that I had been worrying and fretting in my mind about things I can not change. I read the words, "In God We Trust," and had to laugh. Yes, God, I get the message. It seems that I have been finding an inordinate number of pennies in the last few months, but then, pennies are plentiful! And God is patient.
grateful2bsaved, smileyj and muscrat like this post.
Old 07-01-2013, 11:21 AM   #3244
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

After accepting the Lord and being baptized, this funny little boy decided to leave in the most HILARIOUS way. When you see what he does, you won't be able to stop yourself from laughing!

Adorable Child Hilariously Exits His Baptism
Old 07-01-2013, 11:39 AM   #3245
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by caterinafmig View Post
After accepting the Lord and being baptized, this funny little boy decided to leave in the most HILARIOUS way. When you see what he does, you won't be able to stop yourself from laughing!

Adorable Child Hilariously Exits His Baptism
Children are so sweet and innocent! Loved it!
Old 07-03-2013, 05:13 AM   #3246
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscrat View Post
Children are so sweet and innocent! Loved it!

Yes there are!
Old 07-03-2013, 05:21 AM   #3247
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Secret To A Good Marriage? Faith, Humor, and Good Sense

Orie and Nellie Sachs had no idea they would be married for 61 years when they said “I do.” They just knew they would be married forever. “We’re thankful for each day,” Nellie said. “God has given us so many blessings.” Those blessings include five healthy children, 15 grandchildren and now 15 great-grandchildren. Between children, grandchildren, great-grandchildren and spouses, the family now numbers 54. Orie and Nellie Sachs were married on Sept. 21, 1950, at Elk River United Methodist on Main Street. All but three, who were sick, came for Christmas this past year, crowding into the Sachs’ Elk River home. Orie and Nellie don’t have the biggest home in the family, but that’s where everyone wanted to be for the holiday. “Family is it for us,” Orie said. “That’s the main thing in our life.”

Orie and Nellie were high school sweethearts who grew up in Elk River. Orie lived in Elk River his entire life. Nellie was born in Zimmerman. Both attended school in Elk River until graduating in the late 1940s. They admit it was a different day and age when they grew up and got married. But they faced many of the same challenges couples do nowadays. They say they never, however, fought over money. They were patient and considerate with one another. They encouraged each other. They enjoyed spending time together, even after their kids were grown. And they leaned on their faith throughout their marriage. A sense of humor has helped, too. High school sweethearts.

Not only did Orie and Nellie know everyone in their class, they knew everyone in their school. All while growing up, however, Orie hung around with the same group of seven guys. They spent nearly all their time together — whether it was school, a game of basketball in the St. Andrew’s gym on a Saturday morning, a baseball game in the Handke pit during the summer, or scarfing down a burger at the local hamburger joint that happened to be Fire Hammers back in their day. Nellie hung around with a group of girls her age, and sometimes these groups coalesced. “In my book, she was the prettiest one,” Orie said of his future wife. A happy moment shared by Orie and Nellie Sachs on their wedding day, Sept. 21, 1950.

They had dates at places like Ecklund’s Soda Bar, Shadick’s Confectionery, Firehammers and the Elk River Theater in downtown Elk River. They weren’t big into roller skating at Camp Cozy like others they went to school with. The couple attended at least two if not three proms together and continued to go together after high school. Nellie watched all of Orie’s baseball games, and Orie watched all of Nellie’s softball games. Orie says he wasn’t much of a third baseman, but he was thrilled to have secured the starting job in high school, on the town team and for the American Legion team. He was probably better than he lets on, as he was a member of the 1949 team that finished third in the state with a record of 36-4. “It’s recorded as second place in something I read, but we actually finished third,” Orie said.

The Sachs couple married on Sept. 21, 1950, at the United Methodist Church where both of their families attended. And they meant it when they said “until death do us part.” “You hear of the high percentages of divorce and it seems money is one of the biggest problems today,” Orie said. “We never had a single argument over money. “That’s not to say we didn’t have troubles, or ups and downs or arguments. We just never fought over money.” Thinking back, Orie said neither one of them spent on impulse. “If I wanted to buy a hammer, I bought it,” he said. “But if I wanted to buy a table saw we talked it over first. It was the same way with Nellie.” This patience and respect paid off.

Money was tight at times. Orie often worked two or three jobs. Odd jobs included working at a filling station and delivering dairy products in addition to full-time work. Orie’s work ethic surfaced as a young man when the couple was first married and again when he answered a call to join the Marines in 1952. The Marines needed 11 volunteers, and Orie and another guy from Sherburne County raised their hands. So did a bunch of others. The Marines took the two Sherburne County men and nine others who didn’t raise their hands. He went on to serve as a radio operator.

The Sachs couple had their first child while living in California. Eventually they made their way back to Minnesota. Orie went on to have a 41-year career as a truck driver (the last 30 were with Morrell of Elk River). Nellie had a 30-year career with First National Bank. She handled the family’s finances, and agrees that money never did test their relationship. “I gave him an allowance and everything was fine,” Nellie said, leaning back on her sense of humor before getting serious again. “You can’t go into marriage expecting to change someone,” Nellie said.

They have respected each other and given each other the freedom and encouragement to grow. “There will be times when there’s problems,” Nellie stated. “We’ve had our faith. God has been there all the time, even when you don’t feel like he is.” The Sachses say it helped growing up in the same faith. They encouraged each other throughout their lives and shared many common interests when they were dating.

Once they became parents, their world revolved around their children, and it still does in many respects. But after their children were raised, they still enjoyed doing things together. That included traveling to places like Europe, the Holy Land and Africa, as well as other points in and out of the country. One of their favorite trips was one to Disney World in Florida about five years ago that included four grandchildren. Nellie went on all but one of the rides with them. “I knew she’d be a kid all the way through,” Orie said, smiling at his bride. Tapping her sense of humor again, Nellie responded: “I didn’t know you would get old so fast.” The two shared a laugh before circling back to talk about family.

As a young woman, Nellie wanted a big family. Orie thought it was a good idea, too, even though he was an only child. Nellie had become an only child after her only sibling, a brother, died from polio at the age of 10. That actually helped light her desire for a big family. Having a big family has been everything she hoped for and more. It’s amazing how fast 61 years can go by.
Old 07-04-2013, 07:40 AM   #3248
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!
Attached Thumbnails
rushdadamericanswhoriskedeverything.jpg  
Old 07-04-2013, 01:15 PM   #3249
Hardware Hotshot

Thank you, Caterina!

Happy Independence Day to you and your family, too!
caterinafmig likes this post.
Old 07-05-2013, 07:38 AM   #3250
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

50 Simple Words

God made.
Adam bit.
Noah arked.
Abraham split.
Jacob fooled.
Joseph ruled.
Bush talked.
Moses balked.

Pharaoh plagued.
People walked.
Sea divided.
Tablets guided.

Promise landed.
Saul freaked.
David peeked.

Prophets warned.
Jesus born.
God walked.
Love talked.

Anger crucified.
Hope died.
Love rose.

Spirit flamed.
Word spread.
God remained.
muscrat likes this post.
Old 07-07-2013, 10:30 AM   #3251
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

In His Hands

'Twixt gleams of joy and clouds of doubt
Our feelings come and go;
Our best estate is tossed about
In ceaseless ebb and flow.
No mood of feeling, form of thought
Is constant for a day;
But thou, 0 Lord, thou changest not:
The same thou art alway.

I grasp thy strength, make it mine own,
My heart with peace is blest;
I lose my hold, and then comes down
Darkness, and cold unrest.
Let me no more my comfort draw
From my frail hold of thee,
In this alone rejoice with awe—-
Thy mighty grasp of me.

Out of that weak, unquiet drift
That comes but to depart,
To that pure heaven my spirit lift
Where thou unchanging art.
Lay hold of me with thy strong grasp,
Let thy almighty arm
In its embrace my weakness clasp,
And I shall fear no harm.

Thy purpose of eternal good
Let me but surely know;
On this I'll lean—let changing mood
And feeling come or go—
Glad when thy sunshine fills my soul,
Not lorn when clouds o'ercast,
Since thou within thy sure control
Of love dost hold me fast .

~John Campbell Shairp
Old 07-07-2013, 11:15 AM   #3252
Hardware Hotshot

This is excellent, Caterina! How comforting to know that on the very day I gave my heart to the Lord, He took hold of my hand and He will never let me go!

~ Rita
Old 07-07-2013, 11:21 AM   #3253
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stamping Servant View Post
This is excellent, Caterina! How comforting to know that on the very day I gave my heart to the Lord, He took hold of my hand and He will never let me go!

~ Rita

So very comforting that He holds on to us... such precious security.
Old 07-07-2013, 12:44 PM   #3254
Hardware Hotshot

Default Lina Sandell

Here's a song I've been singing today:

Day by Day

Day by day, and with each passing moment,
Strength I find, to meet my trials here;
Trusting in my Father’s wise bestowment,
I’ve no cause for worry or for fear.
He Whose heart is kind beyond all measure
Gives unto each day what He deems best—
Lovingly, its part of pain and pleasure,
Mingling toil with peace and rest.

Every day, the Lord Himself is near me
With a special mercy for each hour;
All my cares He fain would bear, and cheer me,
He Whose Name is Counselor and Power;
The protection of His child and treasure
Is a charge that on Himself He laid;
“As thy days, thy strength shall be in measure,”
This the pledge to me He made.

Help me then in every tribulation
So to trust Thy promises, O Lord,
That I lose not faith’s sweet consolation
Offered me within Thy holy Word.
Help me, Lord, when toil and trouble meeting,
Ever to take, as from a father’s hand,
One by one, the days, the moments fleeting,
Till I reach the promised land.

~ Lina Sandell
Old 07-08-2013, 07:52 AM   #3255
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

This gives me real encouragement - 86 year old gymnast is beyond amazing

Be sure to watch the whole thing both parts are great.
This 86 Year-Old Gymnast Has AMAZING Skills and Strength! - Safeshare.TV
muscrat likes this post.
Old 07-09-2013, 03:12 PM   #3256
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

One Day at a Time

One day at a time, with its failures and fears,
With its hurts and mistakes, with its weakness and tears,
With its portion of pain and its burden of care;
One day at a time we must meet and must bear.

One day at a time to be patient and strong,
To be calm under trial and sweet under wrong;
Then its toiling shall pass and its sorrow shall cease;
It shall darken and die, and the night shall bring peace.

One day at a time - but the day is so long,
And the heart is not brave, and the soul is not strong,
0 Thou pitiful Christ, be Thou near all the way;
Give courage and patience and strength for the day.

Swift cometh His answer, so clear and so sweet;
"Yea, I will be with thee, thy troubles to meet;
I will not forget thee, nor fail thee, nor grieve;
I will not forsake thee; I never will leave."

Not yesterday's load we are called on to bear,
Nor the morrow's uncertain and shadowy care;
Why should we look forward or back with dismay?
Our needs, as our mercies, are but for the day.

One day at a time, and the day is His day;
He hath numbered its hours, though they haste or delay.
His grace is sufficient; we walk not alone;
As the day, so the strength that He giveth His own.

~Annie Johnson Flint
muscrat likes this post.
Old 07-09-2013, 05:43 PM   #3257
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by caterinafmig View Post
This gives me real encouragement - 86 year old gymnast is beyond amazing

Be sure to watch the whole thing both parts are great.
This 86 Year-Old Gymnast Has AMAZING Skills and Strength! - Safeshare.TV
I'm 30 years younger and can't move half as well!! Amazing!
Old 07-10-2013, 07:33 PM   #3258
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Truly inspirational...

Gabe Adams was born in Brazil without arms or legs; when his mother saw, she abandoned him. But God guided Gabe to the United States, where He blessed the boy with a loving family. This is an amazing story.

Boy Without Arms or Legs Was Abandoned... But God Gave Him a Family
Old 07-12-2013, 07:28 AM   #3259
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

A Brother's Song

Like any good mother, when Karen found out that another baby was on the way, she did what she could to help her 3 year old son, Michael, prepare for a new sibling.

They found out that the new baby was going to be a girl, and day after day, night after night, Michael sang to his little sister in Mommy's tummy. He was building a bond of love with his little sister before he even met her.

The pregnancy progressed normally for Karen.

In time, the labor pains came. Soon it was every five minutes, very three, every minute. But serious complications arose during delivery and Karen found herself in hours of labor. Would a C-section be required? Finally after a long struggle, Michael's little sister was born. But she was in very serious condition. With a siren howling in the night, the ambulance rushed the infant to the neonatal intensive care unit at St. Mary's Hospital, Knoxville, Tennessee

The days inched by. The little girl got worse. The pediatric specialist regretfully had to tell the parents, "There is very little hope. Be prepared for the worst."

Karen and her husband contacted a local cemetery about a burial plot. They had fixed up a special room in their home for the new baby....but now they found themselves having to plan for a funeral.

Michael, however, kept begging his parents to let him see his sister. "I want to sing to her," he kept saying. Week two in the intensive care looked as if a funeral could come before the week was over.

Michael kept nagging about singing to his sister, but kids are never allowed in the Intensive Care. Karen made up her mind, though. She would take Michael whether they liked it or not! If he didn't see his sister right then, he may never see her alive.

She dressed him in an oversized scrub suit and marched him into ICU. He looked like a walking laundry basket, but the head nurse recognized him as a child and bellowed "Get that kid out of here now! NO children are allowed!" The mother rose up strong in Karen, and the usually mild-mannered lady glared steel-eyed right into the head nurses's face, her lips a firm line. "He's not leaving until he sings to his sister!"

Karen towed Michael to his sister's bedside. He gazed at the tiny infant losing the battle to live. After a moment, he began to sing. In the pure hearted voice of a 3-year-old Michael sang:

"You are my sunshine, my only sushine,
you make me happy when skies are gray,"

Instantly the baby girl seemed to respond. Her pulse rate began to calm down and become steady. "Keep on singing, Michael, encouraged Karen with tears in her eyes.

"You never know, dear,
how much I love you.
Please don't take
my sunshine away."

Michael's little sister began to relax as rest, healing rest, seemed to sweep over her. "Keep on singing, Michael." Tears had now conquered the face of the bossy head nurse. Karen glowed.

"My only sunshine.
Please don't take
my sunshine away...."

The next day, ...the very next day...the little girl was well enough to go home!

"Woman's Day Magazine" called it "The Miracle of a Brother's Song" The medical staff just called it a miracle. Karen called it a miracle of God's love!

Never give up on the people you love. Love is so Incredible powerful. To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world!
Old 07-15-2013, 07:45 AM   #3260
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

This is way too funny.... love this lady and enjoy her comedy so much. Funny as she refers to her husband, 'left brain' because I say the same thing to my yawag husband.

Watch Christian comedian Jeanne Robertson give her HILARIOUS account of her husband "Left Brain" vs. a nighttime intruder. You will be in stitches!

Comedian Jeanne Robertson's Hilarious Account of Her Husband vs. a Nighttime Intruder - Funny Video
Old 07-16-2013, 08:27 AM   #3261
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Our Treasures & God's Treasures

The cheerful little girl with bouncy golden curls was almost five. Waiting with her mother at the checkout stand, she saw them, a circle of glistening white pearls in a pink foil box. "Oh please, Mommy. Can I have them? Please, Mommy, please?" Quickly the mother checked the back of the little foil box and then looked back into the pleading blue eyes of her little girl's upturned face. "A dollar ninety-five. That's almost $2.00. If you really want them, I'll think of some extra chores for you and in no time you can save enough money to buy them for yourself. Your birthday's only a week away and you might get another crisp dollar bill from Grandma."

As soon as Jenny got home, she emptied her penny bank and counted out 17 pennies. After dinner, she did more than her share of chores and she went to the neighbor and asked Mrs. McJames if she could pick dandelions for ten cents. On her birthday, Grandma did give her another new dollar bill and at last she had enough money to buy the necklace. Jenny loved her pearls. They made her feel dressed up and grown up. She wore them everywhere, Sunday school, kindergarten, even to bed. The only time she took them off was when she went swimming or had a bubble bath. Mother said if they got wet, they might turn her neck green.

Jenny had a very loving daddy and every night when she was ready for bed, he would stop whatever he was doing and come upstairs to read her a story. One night as he finished the story, he asked Jenny, "Do you love me?" "Oh yes, daddy. You know that I love you." "Then give me your pearls." "Oh, daddy, not my pearls. But you can have Princess, the white horse from my collection, the one with the pink tail. Remember daddy? The one you gave me. She's my very favorite." "That's okay, Honey, daddy loves you. Good night." And he brushed her cheek with a kiss.

About a week later, after the story time, Jenny's daddy asked again, "Do you love me?" "Daddy, you know I love you." "Then give me your pearls." "Oh Daddy, not my pearls. But you can have my baby doll. The brand new one I got for my birthday. She is beautiful and you can have the yellow blanket that matches her sleeper." "That's okay. Sleep well. God bless you, little one. Daddy loves you." And as always, he brushed her cheek with a gentle kiss.

A few nights later when her daddy came in, Jenny was sitting on her bed with her legs crossed Indian-style. As he came close, he noticed her chin was trembling and one silent tear rolled down her cheek. "What is it, Jenny? What's the matter?" Jenny didn't say anything but lifted her little hand up to her daddy. And when she opened it, there was her little pearl necklace. With a little quiver, she finally said, "Here, daddy, this is for you." With tears gathering in his own eyes, Jenny's daddy reached out with one hand to take the dime-store necklace, and with the other hand he reached into his pocket and pulled out a blue velvet case with a strand of genuine pearls and gave them to Jenny. He had them all the time. He was just waiting for her to give up the dime-store stuff so he could give her the genuine treasure.

This story is so much like our Heavenly Father. He wants us to give up the cheap (sin) things of this world that hinder us from serving him, so that he can bless us with his great blessings. But so many miss the blessings of God because they are not willing to give up the things in their lives that hinder them from God's blessings. Most of the time the things that rob us of God's treasure are things that really do not amount to a lot. So many are afraid of what they may have to give up. Therefore they will not give their hearts to God. But God tells us in Mt 6:33 "But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you."
muscrat likes this post.
Old 07-18-2013, 08:59 PM   #3262
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Life Is Simple

My first born son is mentally handicapped, yet in so many ways he is far wiser than I am. He has an intuitive knowledge of what is important in life. When we go out he looks people in the eye, calls them by name, and shares his smile far more easily than I do. He goes through life with a soul full of love, joy, and kindness that he gives to everyone he meets. He makes others feel better. He makes each day shine brighter. He makes this world more beautiful just by being in it. He may not understand everything in life, but he knows how to live happily and lovingly. He shows me everyday that life is simple. It is we who make it complicated.

You see, life is just the choices we make each day. We can choose to love or we can choose to be afraid. We can choose to help or we can choose to turn away. We can choose to forgive or we can choose to hate. We can choose to be kind or we can choose to be cruel. We can choose to trust or we can choose to be suspicious. We can choose to give or we can choose to take. We can choose to serve or we can choose to be selfish. We can choose to laugh or we can choose to sulk. We can choose to cry or we can choose to hide our hearts. We can choose to smile or we can choose to stress. We can choose to be at peace or we can choose to be at war within ourselves. We can choose to live or we can choose to just exist. We can choose to believe God loves us or we can choose to live in doubt. We can choose to shine our souls or we can choose to dwell in darkness. We can choose to make this world more like Heaven or we can choose to make this world more like Hell.

My son knows these choices by heart and always makes the right ones. I hope to one day get there as well. Until then I will do my best to live simply, to be wise, and to choose well. Until then I will do my best to love God, myself, and others. May you do the same.

~ Joseph J. Mazzella ~
muscrat likes this post.
Old 07-19-2013, 08:40 AM   #3263
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Inner Beauty

Although outward beauty may be seen
all painted on with a brush so fair
its shallowness can be revealed
in our actions unaware,

But inner beauty is much more rare
and it comes from God above
It is shown in how we act
and how we show His love.

Like an oyster in the ocean
its outer shell so plain and dull
but when you look inside of it
there's a pearl so beautiful.

I hope to be like the oyster
when you look inside you'll see
a heart so warm and beautiful
and see God's love inside of me.

~Ruth Johnson
muscrat likes this post.
Old 07-21-2013, 08:28 AM   #3264
Stazon Splitcoast

Humility in Service
It is easy for some of us to become so concerned with others that we jeopardize our physical and emotional health. We need to take appropriate care of ourselves in order to be able to give to others. Being self-giving to a fault can be as harmful as being self-centered. There is a danger of losing humility.
— from Fools, Liars, Cheaters, and Other Bible Heroes
Old 07-22-2013, 09:23 AM   #3265
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Some encouragement from our perfect Father....

A Father's Love Letter

My Child…

You may not know me, but I know everything about you …Psalm 139:1

I know when you sit down and when you rise up …Psalm 139:2

I am familiar with all your ways …Psalm 139:3

Even the very hairs on your head are numbered …Matthew 10:29-31

For you were made in my image …Genesis 1:27

In me you live and move and have your being …Acts 17:28

For you are my offspring …Acts 17:28

I knew you even before you were conceived …Jeremiah 1:4-5

I chose you when I planned creation …Ephesians 1:11-12

You were not a mistake, for all your days are written in my book …Psalm 139:15-16

I determined the exact time of your birth and where you would live …Acts 17:26

You are fearfully and wonderfully made …Psalm 139:14

I knit you together in your mother's womb …Psalm 139:13

And brought you forth on the day you were born …Psalm 71:6

I have been misrepresented by those who don't know me …John 8:41-44

I am not distant and angry, but am the complete expression of love …1 John 4:16

And it is my desire to lavish my love on you …1 John 3:1

Simply because you are my child and I am your Father …1 John 3:1

I offer you more than your earthly father ever could …Matthew 7:11

For I am the perfect father …Matthew 5:48

Every good gift that you receive comes from my hand …James 1:17

For I am your provider and I meet all your needs …Matthew 6:31-33

My plan for your future has always been filled with hope …Jeremiah 29:11

Because I love you with an everlasting love …Jeremiah 31:3

My thoughts toward you are countless as the sand on the seashore ...Psalms 139:17-18

And I rejoice over you with singing …Zephaniah 3:17

I will never stop doing good to you …Jeremiah 32:40

For you are my treasured possession …Exodus 19:5

I desire to establish you with all my heart and all my soul …Jeremiah 32:41

And I want to show you great and marvelous things …Jeremiah 33:3

If you seek me with all your heart, you will find me …Deuteronomy 4:29

Delight in me and I will give you the desires of your heart …Psalm 37:4

For it is I who gave you those desires …Philippians 2:13

I am able to do more for you than you could possibly imagine …Ephesians 3:20

For I am your greatest encourager …2 Thessalonians 2:16-17

I am also the Father who comforts you in all your troubles …2 Corinthians 1:3-4

When you are brokenhearted, I am close to you …Psalm 34:18

As a shepherd carries a lamb, I have carried you close to my heart …Isaiah 40:11

One day I will wipe away every tear from your eyes …Revelation 21:3-4

And I'll take away all the pain you have suffered on this earth …Revelation 21:3-4

I am your Father, and I love you even as I love my son, Jesus …John 17:23

For in Jesus, my love for you is revealed …John 17:26

He is the exact representation of my being …Hebrews 1:3

He came to demonstrate that I am for you, not against you …Romans 8:31

And to tell you that I am not counting your sins …2 Corinthians 5:18-19

Jesus died so that you and I could be reconciled …2 Corinthians 5:18-19

His death was the ultimate expression of my love for you …1 John 4:10

I gave up everything I loved that I might gain your love …Romans 8:31-32

If you receive the gift of my son Jesus, you receive me …1 John 2:23

And nothing will ever separate you from my love again …Romans 8:38-39

Come home and I'll throw the biggest party heaven has ever seen …Luke 15:7

I have always been Father, and will always be Father …Ephesians 3:14-15

My question is…Will you be my child? …John 1:12-13

I am waiting for you …Luke 15:11-32

Love, Your Dad... Almighty God
muscrat likes this post.
Old 07-22-2013, 11:09 AM   #3266
Stazon Splitcoast

Feeling Down

It is OK to feel whatever we do feel about our circumstances. After all, God created us to have feelings. We can bring our feelings, whatever they may be, safely to God and allow him to lead us through them.

— from Fools, Liars, Cheaters, and Other Bible Heroes
Old 07-23-2013, 05:19 PM   #3267
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Just One
Unknown

One song can spark a moment,
One flower can wake the dream
One tree can start a forest,
One bird can herald spring.

One smile begins a friendship,
One handclasp lifts a soul.
One star can guide a ship at sea,
One word can frame the goal

One vote can change a nation,
One sunbeam lights a room
One candle wipes out darkness,
One laugh will conquer gloom.

One step must start each journey.
One word must start each prayer.
One hope will raise our spirits,
One touch can show you care.

One voice can speak with wisdom,
One heart can know what’s true,

One life can make a difference,
You see, it’s up to you!

Old 07-24-2013, 04:46 AM   #3268
Stazon Splitcoast

Caterina- Great post.
Old 07-24-2013, 04:54 PM   #3269
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

TIME FOR A CHUCKLE....

The Execution

Three men went to Mexico together on a vacation. They had
known each other in high school, and they were eager to get
to know each other again.

One night, they went out on the town and got completely
drunk. When they woke up the next morning, they were in a
jail cell. They asked the guard why they were there. He
replied, "Last night the three of you killed an old man. You
will be executed at noon."

Of course, none of them believed this. They begged and
pleaded with their jailer, and even offered him substantial
bribes if he would just let them go. But, he stood firm, and
the jail door stayed shut.

The hour came. They all ate their last meal and were herded
into the room where the electric chair sat. The first man
was strapped into the chair and was asked for his last
words.

He said, "Well, I'm a theologian from Harvard Divinity
School, and I believe in the power of God to intervene on
behalf of the innocent."

The executioner threw the switch, but nothing happened. He
immediately thought, "God must be on this man's side." So he
let him go.

The second man was strapped in, and he was asked for his
last words. He responded, "I'm a lawyer from Yale Law
School, and I believe in the power of justice to intervene
on behalf of the innocent."

The switch was thrown, but again, nothing happened. The
executioner figured that justice must be on this man's side,
and he let him go.

Finally, the third man was strapped into the chair and was
asked for his last words.

"Well, I'm an electrical engineer from MIT, and nothing's
going to happen if you don't connect those two wires right
there..."
muscrat likes this post.
Old 07-26-2013, 08:40 AM   #3270
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Back To Basics

Relevant to recent tragic events in America.

When grief and turmoil dominate the news
And injustice seems rampant in our land
Often children and the helpless ones
Pay the ultimate price, from an evil hand

Although it's not right, for anyone
But especially to those who have no say
It pierces the heart, and troubles the mind
Why atrocious acts, should rule the day

It seems so natural to question "why"
That fate would befall, these gentle souls
Many stricken down, from a carefree life
Deprived from pursuing, their cherished goals

As we seek to understand, and evaluate
It could appear to be complex
But when viewed from a spiritual eye
A simple answer it reflects

The One who spoke the world into being
Implemented basics to be our guide
From Genesis on, the blueprint is clear
Denouncing immorality, greed and pride

When departing from, His purpose and plan
And choosing a lifestyle, giving Him no place
With morals no longer, held in regard
The consequences, we have to face

He promised healing for those who would
Turn from their folly, and amend their way
Safe under His wing, He would have us abide
Cloaked in His mantle, no more to stray

No demands are asked, too great to bear
His Word is the anchor, that will suffice
In "the basics", we can always trust
No one can improve, upon His advice

~ Colan L. Hiatt ~
muscrat likes this post.
Old 07-28-2013, 08:23 AM   #3271
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Is Packaging Important?

A young man was getting ready to graduate from college. For many months he had admired a beautiful sports car in a dealer's showroom, and knowing his father could well afford it, he told him that was all he wanted.

As Graduation Day approached, the young man awaited signs that his father had purchased the car. Finally, on the morning of his graduation, his father called him into his private study. His father told him how proud he was to have such a fine son, and told him how much he loved him. He handed his son a beautiful wrapped gift box. Curious, but somewhat disappointed, the young man opened the box and found a lovely, leather-bound Bible, with the young man's name embossed in gold. Angrily, he raised his voice to his father and said, "With all your money you give me a Bible?" He then stormed out of the house, leaving the Bible.

Many years passed and the young man was very successful in business. He had a beautiful home and a wonderful family, but realizing his father was very old, he thought perhaps he should go to see him. He had not seen him since that graduation day. Before he could make the arrangements, he received a telegram telling him his father had passed away, and willed all of his possessions to his son. He needed to come home immediately and take care of things.

When he arrived at his father's house, sudden sadness and regret filled his heart. He began to search through his father's important papers and saw the still new Bible, just as he had left it years ago. With tears, he opened the Bible and began to turn the pages. As he was reading, a car key dropped from the back of the Bible. It had a tag with the dealer's name, the same dealer who had the sports car he had desired. On the tag was the date of his graduation, and the words... "PAID IN FULL".

It was then he realized that the real blessing wasn't the gift inside the Bible, but that the real blessing was the words inside the Bible. How many times do we miss blessings because they are not packaged as we expected?

Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; but remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for.
Old 07-29-2013, 08:23 AM   #3272
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Due to complications during pregnancy, Cody McCasland had to be born 2 months early. He was born without legs... but God watched over him! Watch his inspirational story, his heart, soul and drive will MOVE you.

A Boy With No Legs, But a Big Heart, Will Inspire You!
Old 07-29-2013, 12:41 PM   #3273
Stazon Splitcoast

Cody- is an inspiration! what a great family he must have!
Old 07-30-2013, 01:49 PM   #3274
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Struggle Can Make Us Strong

A man found a cocoon of a butterfly. One day a small opening appeared. He sat and watched the butterfly for several hours as it struggled to force its body through that little hole.

Then it seemed to stop making any progress. It appeared as if it had gotten as far as it could, and it could go no further.

So the man decided to help the butterfly. He took a pair of scissors and snipped off the remaining bit of the cocoon.

The butterfly then emerged easily. But it had a swollen body and small, shriveled wings.

The man continued to watch the butterfly because he expected that, at any moment, the wings would enlarge and expand to be able to support the body, which would contract in time.

Neither happened! In fact, the butterfly spent the rest of its life crawling around with a swollen body and shriveled wings. It never was able to fly.

What the man, in his kindness and haste, did not understand was that the restricting cocoon and the struggle required for the butterfly to get through the tiny opening were God's way of forcing fluid from the body of the butterfly into its wings so that it would be ready for flight once it achieved its freedom from the cocoon.

Sometimes, God will have us struggle in life. That's because He has a plan for us. He knows what's best and He knows what he is doing. Just trust Him.
Old 07-31-2013, 06:35 AM   #3275
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Making Pancakes

Six-year-old Brandon decided one Saturday morning to fix his parents pancakes He found a big bowl and spoon, pulled a chair to the counter, opened the cupboard and pulled out the heavy flour canister, spilling it on the floor.

He scooped some of the flour into the bowl with his hands, mixed in most of a cup of milk and added some sugar, leaving a floury trail on the floor, which by now had a few tracks left by his kitten.

Brandon was covered with flour and getting frustrated. He wanted this to be something very good for Mom and Dad, but it was getting very bad. He didn't know what to do next, whether to put it all into the oven or on the stove and he didn't know how the stove worked! Suddenly he saw his kitten licking from the bowl of mix and reached to push her away, knocking the egg carton to the floor. Frantically he tried to clean up this monumental mess but slipped on the eggs, getting his pajamas white and sticky.

And just then, he saw Dad standing at the door. Big crocodile tears welled up in Brandon's eyes. All he'd wanted to do was something good, but he'd made a terrible mess. He was sure a scolding was coming, maybe even a spanking. But, his father just watched him.

Then, walking through the mess, he picked up his crying son, hugged him and loved him, getting his own pajamas white and sticky in the process!

That's how God deals with us. We try to do something good in life, but it turns into a mess. Our marriage gets all sticky or we insult a friend, or we can't stand our job, or our health goes sour.

Sometimes we just stand there in tears because we can't think of anything else to do. That's when God picks us up and loves us and forgives us, even though some of our mess gets all over Him.

But just because we might mess up, we can't stop trying to "make pancakes" for God or for others. Sooner or later we'll get it right, and then they'll be glad we tried.
Old 08-01-2013, 06:45 AM   #3276
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

During the Venetian Festival in Northern Michigan, a member of the US Marine Corps did something so heartwarming for the whole town to see.

During the festival's 5K, Lcpl Kerr decided to run the race wearing heavy boots and carrying a ruck sack. His fellow Marines finished minutes before him. They started to worry that the boots and sack slowed him down or hurt him. They were about to go searching for him along the route when they saw him make the final turn, running alongside a small boy.

The little boy had gotten separated from the group he was running with, so when the Marine ran by he asked him, "Sir? Will you please run with me?".

For the rest of the course, the Marine encouraged the boy to keep running and gave him the motivation to finish. At the end of the course, the boy finally met up with his party who were elated to find out that he wasn't alone.

To be a hero, you don't have to be in battle and one Marine in Michigan knew that.

Caring Marine Runs a 5K with Small Boy Struggling to Finish
muscrat likes this post.
Old 08-03-2013, 09:03 AM   #3277
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

One Day I Woke Up

One day, I woke early in the morning to watch the sunrise.

Ah the beauty of God's creation is beyond description.

As I watched, I praised God for His beautiful work.

As I sat there, I felt the Lord's presence with me.

He asked me, "Do you love me?"

I answered, "Of course, God! You are my Lord and Savior!"

Then He asked, "If you were physically handicapped, would you still love me?"

I was perplexed. I looked down upon my arms, legs and the rest of my body and wondered how many things I wouldn't be able to do, the things that I took for granted. And I answered, "It would be tough Lord, but I would still love You."

Then the Lord said, "If you were blind, would you still love my creation?"

How could I love something without being able to see it? Then I thought of all the blind people in the world and how many of them still loved God and His creation.
So I answered, "Its hard to think of it, but I would still love you."

The Lord then asked me, "If you were deaf, would you still listen to my word?"

How could I listen to anything being deaf? Then I understood. Listening to God's Word is not merely using our ears, but our hearts. I answered, "It would be tough, but I would still listen to Your word."

The Lord then asked, "If you were mute, would you still praise My Name?"

How could I praise without a voice? Then it occurred to me: God wants us to sing from our very heart and soul. It never matters what we sound like. And praising God is not always with a song, but when we are persecuted, we give God praise with our words of thanks. So I answered, "Though I could not physically sing, I would still praise Your Name.

And the Lord asked, "Do you really love Me?"

With courage and a strong conviction, I answered boldly, "Yes Lord! I love You because You are the one and true God!"

I thought I had answered well, but...

God asked, "THEN WHY DO YOU SIN?"

I answered, "Because I am only human. I am not perfect."

"THEN WHY IN TIMES OF PEACE DO YOU STRAY THE FURTHEST? WHY ONLY IN TIMES OF TROUBLE DO YOU PRAY THE EARNEST?"

No answers. Only tears.

The Lord continued: "Why only sing at fellowships and retreats? Why seek Me only in times of worship? Why ask things so selfishly? Why ask things so unfaithfully?"

The tears continued to roll down my cheeks.

"Why are you ashamed of Me? Why are you not spreading the good news? Why in times of persecution, you cry to others when I offer My shoulder to cry on? Why make excuses when I give you opportunities to serve in My Name?"

I tried to answer, but there was no answer to give.

"You are blessed with life. I made you not to throw this gift away. I have blessed you with talents to serve Me, but you continue to turn away. I have revealed My Word to you, but you do not gain in knowledge. I have spoken to you but your ears were closed. I have shown My blessings to you, but your eyes were turned away. I have sent you servants, but you sat idly by as they were pushed away. I have heard your prayers and I have answered them all."

"DO YOU TRULY LOVE ME ?"

I could not answer. How could I? I was embarrassed beyond belief. I had no excuse. What could I say to this? When I my heart had cried out and the tears had flowed, I said, " Please forgive me Lord. I am unworthy to be Your child."

The Lord answered, "That is My Grace, My child."

I asked, "Then why do you continue to forgive me? Why do You love me so?"

The Lord answered, "Because you are My creation. You are my child. I will never abandon you."

"When you cry, I will have compassion and cry with you.
When you shout with joy, I will laugh with you.
When you are down, I will encourage you.
When you fall, I will raise you up.
When you are tired, I will carry you.
I will be with you till the end of days, and I will love you forever."

Never had I cried so hard before. How could I have been so cold? How could I have hurt God as I had done? I asked God, "How much do You love me?"

The Lord stretched out His arms, and I saw His nail-pierced hands. I bowed down at the feet of Christ, my Savior. And for the first time, I truly prayed.
muscrat likes this post.
Old 08-05-2013, 10:24 AM   #3278
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Laughter Is Cheap Medicine

I know a couple who works in the pharmaceutical industry. He is a sales representative and she is a pharmacist. When asked what they do for a living, he is quick to reply, "She makes drugs and I sell `em."

I believe it was Lord Byron who said, "Always laugh when you can. It is cheap medicine." And researchers are finding that to be true – quite literally.

A woman diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis wrote to me and talked about how painful the disease had become. Debra said that no drugs would touch the devastating pain. "At times I prayed to die because I did not think I could go on this way," she said. But in two and a half years she weaned herself from most of her medication, which had reached a high of 21 pills a day. This is how she did it.

"I began seeing a doctor who gave me the most important prescription that I ever could have received," she said. "He excused himself from the room. I watched him walking back and forth in the hall; he seemed to be in deep thought."

The doctor came back in with this prescription: he told Debra to get some funny movies and to begin laughing (the doc was a Norman Cousins fan, no doubt). If she didn't feel like laughing, then she should smile. If she didn't feel like smiling, she should smile anyway. He said that it would increase endorphins in her brain and help with her pain. In other words, fake it until you make it, like they say.

She did just as he suggested. She laughed when she could. She smiled when she couldn't laugh. She smiled whether she felt like it or not. Her children teased her about her fake smile, but she told them that it was going to get rid of her pain.

And here's the amazing thing: it did. Of course, not all of it, but a great deal of her pain eventually dissipated and in time, what was left became manageable – without all of the drugs.

Today, Debra laughs easily and is never seen without her smile. She says that she would not even feel normal without it.

It's true that laughter really is cheap medicine. It's a prescription anyone can afford. And best of all, you can fill it right now.

~ Steve Goodier ~
muscrat likes this post.
Old 08-06-2013, 09:25 PM   #3279
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

The Silent Sermon

A member of a certain church, who previously had been attending services regularly, stopped going. After a few weeks, the pastor decided to visit him. It was a chilly evening. The pastor found the man at home alone, sitting before a blazing fire.

Guessing the reason for his pastor's visit, the man welcomed him, led him to a comfortable chair near the fireplace and waited. The pastor made himself at home but said nothing. In the grave silence, he contemplated the dance of the flames around the burning logs.

After some minutes, the pastor took the fire tongs, carefully picked up a brightly burning ember and placed it to one side of the hearth all alone. Then he sat back in his chair, still silent. The host watched all this in quiet contemplation. As the one lone ember's flame flickered and diminished, there was a momentary glow and then its fire was no more.

Soon it was cold and dead. Not a word had been spoken since the initial greeting. The Pastor glanced at his watch and realized it was time to leave, he slowly stood up, picked up the cold, dead ember and placed it back in the middle of the fire. Immediately it began to glow, once more with the light and warmth of the burning coals around it.

As the pastor reached the door to leave, his host said with a tear running down his cheek, "Thank you so much for your visit and especially for the fiery sermon. I shall be back in church next Sunday."
muscrat likes this post.
Old 08-08-2013, 06:07 PM   #3280
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

It is always the simple things that change our lives. And these things never happen when you are looking for them to happen. Life will reveal answers at the pace life wishes to do so. You feel like running, but life is on a stroll. This is how God does things.
—Donald Miller