Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree503Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-25-2013, 07:41 AM   #3201
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

The Gift of Friendship

Friendship is a priceless gift
That cannot be bought or sold,
But its value is far greater
Than a mountain made of gold -
For gold is cold and lifeless,
It can neither see nor hear,
And in the time of trouble
It is powerless to cheer
It has no ears to listen,
No heart to understand,
It cannot bring you comfort
Or reach out a helping hand -
So when you ask God for a Gift,
Be thankful if He sends
Nor diamonds, pearls or riches,
But the love of real true friends.

~Helen Steiner Rice
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
muscrat likes this post.
Old 05-26-2013, 09:58 AM   #3202
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Keep all of the brave soldiers that have fallen in the line of duty in your hearts; they are heroes in heaven now, but we will always remember their unselfish sacrifice. Also pray for those in the military still today; may God protect them!

Heaven Was Needing a Hero - a Tear-jerking Tribute to Fallen Soldiers
Old 05-26-2013, 03:15 PM   #3203
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy Memorial Day!

Nothing is impossible, the word itself says ‘I’m possible’ Audrey Hepburn[

Joan
muscrat likes this post.
Old 05-27-2013, 04:34 AM   #3204
Stazon Splitcoast

Heart

Remembering this Memorial Day....
Attached Thumbnails
f9ec81bc431ef58c5d6d97aef16e850c_1024.jpg  
smileyj and muscrat like this post.
Old 05-28-2013, 08:05 AM   #3205
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Letters to God

These are real letters children wrote to God during school; get ready to laugh!

Dear GOD, In school they told us what You do. Who does it when You are on vacation?
- Jane

Dear GOD, Are you really invisible or is that just a trick?
- Lucy

Dear GOD, Is it true my father won't get in Heaven if he uses his bowling words in the house? - Anita

Dear GOD, Did you mean for the giraffe to look like that or was it an accident?
- Norma

Dear GOD, Instead of letting people die and having to make new ones, why don't You just keep the ones You have now?
- Jane

Dear GOD, Who draws the lines around the countries?
- Nan

Dear GOD, I went to this wedding and they kissed right in church. Is that okay?
- Neil

Dear GOD, I think about You sometimes even when I'm not praying.
- Elliot

Dear GOD, I didn't think orange went with purple until I saw the sunset You made on Tuesday.
- Margaret

Dear GOD, What does it mean You are a Jealous God? I thought You had everything.
- Jane

Dear GOD, I read the Bible. What does "begat" mean? Nobody will tell me.
- Allison

Dear GOD, The bad people laughed at Noah, "You made an ark on dry land you fool." But he was smart, he stuck with You. That's what I would do.
- Eddie

Dear GOD, You don't have to worry about me. I always look both ways. -
Dean

Dear GOD, Of all the people who work for You, I like Noah and David the best.
- Rob

Dear GOD, My brother told me about being born but it doesn't sound right. They're just kidding, aren't they?
- Marsha

Dear GOD, If we come back as something, please don't let me be Jennifer Horton because I hate her.
- Denise

Dear GOD, Did you really mean "do unto others as they do unto you"? Because if you did, then I'm going to fix my brother!
- Darla

Dear GOD, Thank you for the baby brother, but what I prayed for was a puppy.
- Joyce

Dear GOD, It rained for our whole vacation and is my father mad! He said some things about You that people are not supposed to say, but I hope You will not hurt him anyway.
-Your friend (but I am not going to tell you who I am)

Dear GOD, Why is Sunday school on Sunday? I thought it was supposed to be our day of rest.
- Tom

Dear GOD, Please send me a pony. I never asked for anything before, You can look it up.
- Bruce

Dear GOD, If You give me a genie lamp like Aladdin, I will give you anything you want except my money or my chess set.
- Raphael

Dear GOD, My brother is a rat. You should give him a tail. Ha ha!
- Danny

Dear GOD, Maybe Cain and Abel would not kill each other so much if they had their own rooms. It works with my brother.
- Larry

Dear GOD, I want to be just like my Daddy when I get big, but not with so much hair all over.
- Sam

Dear GOD, I think the stapler is one of your greatest inventions.
- Ruth M.

Dear GOD, I bet it is very hard for You to love all of everybody in the whole world. There are only 4 people in our family and I can never do it.
- Nan

Dear GOD, If You watch me in church Sunday, I'll show You my new shoes.
- Mickey

Dear GOD, I would like to live 900 years like the guy in the Bible.
- Chris

Dear GOD, We read Thomas Edison made light. But in school they said You did it. So I bet he stole your idea.
- Donna

Dear GOD, I do not think anybody could be a better God. Well, I just want You to know but I am not just saying that because You are God already.
- Charles
muscrat likes this post.
Old 05-28-2013, 08:12 AM   #3206
Proud Fan Club Member

My letter to God.

Dear God,

Thank you for Caterina, who continually posts uplifting and inspiring posts, even though we don't always respond. I don't think she knows how encouraging she is to us and I ask that you tell her today...

Love,
Kathy
grateful2bsaved and caterinafmig like this post.
Old 05-28-2013, 08:18 AM   #3207
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscrat View Post
My letter to God.

Dear God,

Thank you for Caterina, who continually posts uplifting and inspiring posts, even though we don't always respond. I don't think she knows how encouraging she is to us and I ask that you tell her today...

Love,
Kathy

Thank you for the encouragement Kathy - have a truly great day!
Old 05-30-2013, 08:05 AM   #3208
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Watching this little angel sing her praises to the Lord will lift your spirit, we guarantee it! She sweetly sings The Lord's Prayer to God and we think she does a wonderful job; keep it up, honey!

Adorable Angel Sing The Lord's Prayer
muscrat likes this post.
Old 05-30-2013, 10:52 AM   #3209
Stazon Splitcoast

It's All About Jesus

God wants all people to be saved. He fills us with his Holy Spirit—to guide and inspire us, to give us insight, wisdom, and courage. In baptism we were marked with the priestly character of Christ himself.

— from Catholic Update Guide to the New Evangelization

Joan
caterinafmig likes this post.
Old 06-01-2013, 11:23 AM   #3210
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

An Angel Named Johnny

A mother of seven lived far from the town. Their groceries were gone, the car broken down. She knelt by her bed at the break of the day. "Oh God, be with 'Hubby' while he is away. She prayed, "God in heaven, You've promised to give to us, Your own children, provisions to live."

She rose from her knees and started her chores, lighting the stove and sweeping the floors. She tried hard to trust that the Lord would provide, but still the fear lingered--way deep down inside.

Ten miles down the road lived a woodsman named John. He walked with a limp, and one eye was gone. His hair was all matted; his clothes were a mess; and what his shack looked like, one only could guess. He trapped, fished and hunted, and he panned for some gold. His pal was a wolf dog, eleven years old.

One day he went looking for a duck or a goose, but there by the lake he saw a bull moose. He readied his rifle, took aim; then he fired. The moose gave no struggle; he fell, then expired.

The mother, meanwhile, watched her children at play. Oh, what could she give them for supper that day? She crawled down the root cellar, digging around. A few spuds and some carrots were all that she found.

As she walked to the woodshed, her heart leaped with fear. Down the road a man staggered, like he'd had too much beer. His clothes were all tattered; his face was unshaved. He must be a madman, the way he behaved.

With a loud voice he cried, "Please don't be alarmed. I'm here on a mission. I mean you no harm. "My name is Johnny, and this here's my hound."

He then swung a sack from his back to the ground. With a tooth-missing grin he said, "Brought you some meat. For me and old Lobo, it was too much to eat."

With a song in her heart and a tear in her eye, the mother said, "Thank you!" 'Twas a small whispered sigh. The children all clambered around the man then. By the time he had left, it was going on ten. As she knelt by her bed much later that day, she thanked God for sending the "wild man" their way. His appearance denied it, but she knew for sure that God sent an angel named "Johnny" to her.

A true incident from our life in the late 50’s.

~ Helen Marjorie Dowd ~

muscrat likes this post.
Old 06-01-2013, 11:30 AM   #3211
Stazon Splitcoast

Great story.. another reminder that God works in mysterious ways!

Joan
Old 06-02-2013, 06:03 AM   #3212
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Heartprints

Whatever our hands touch-
We leave fingerprints!
On walls, on furniture
On doorknobs, dishes, books.
There’s no escape.
As we touch we leave our identity.

Oh God, wherever I go today
Help me leave heartprints!
Heartprints of compassion
Of understanding and love.
Heartprints of kindness
And genuine concern.
May my heart touch a lonely neighbor
Or a runaway daughter
Or an anxious mother
Or perhaps an aged grandfather.

Lord, send me out today
To leave heartprints.
And if someone should say
“I felt your touch,”
May that one sense YOUR LOVE
Touching through ME.
Old 06-03-2013, 06:52 AM   #3213
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

God's Embroidery

When I was a little boy, my mother used to embroider a great deal. I would sit at her knee and look up from the floor and ask what she was doing. She informed me that she was embroidering. I told her that it looked like a mess from where I was. As from the underside I watched her work within the boundaries of the little round hoop that she held in her hand, I complained to her that it sure looked messy from where I sat.

She would smile at me, look down and gently say, "My son, you go about your playing for a while, and when I am finished with my embroidering, I will put you on my knee and let you see it from my side."

I would wonder why she was using some dark threads along with the bright ones and why they seemed so jumbled from my view. A few minutes would pass and then I would hear Mother's voice say, "Son, come and sit on my knee." This I did only to be surprised and thrilled to see a beautiful flower or a sunset. I could not believe it, because from underneath it looked so messy. Then Mother would say to me, "My son, from underneath it did look messy and jumbled, but you did not realize that there was a pre-drawn plan on the top. It was a design. I was only following it. Now look at it from my side and you will see what I was doing."

Many times through the years I have looked up to my Heavenly Father and said, "Father, what are You doing?" He has answered, "I am embroidering your life. " I say, "But it looks like a mess to me. It seems so jumbled. The threads seem so dark. Why can't they all be bright?"

The Father seems to tell me, "'My child, you go about your business of doing My business, and one day I will bring you to Heaven and put you on My knee and you will see the plan from My side."
muscrat likes this post.
Old 06-04-2013, 01:10 PM   #3214
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

A Baby's Hug

We were the only family with children in the restaurant. I sat Erik in a high chair and noticed everyone was quietly seated and talking. Suddenly, Erik squealed with glee and said, "Hi there." He pounded his fat baby hands on the high chair tray. His eyes we crinkled in laughter and his mouth was bared in a toothless grin as he wriggled and giggled with merriment.
I looked around and saw the source of his merriment. It was a man whose pants were baggy whose toes poked out of would-be shoes. His shirt was dirty and his hair was uncombed and unwashed. His whiskers were too short to be called a beard, and his nose was so varicose that it looked like a road map.

We were too far from him to smell, but I was sure he smelled. His hands waved and flapped on loose wrists. "Hi there, baby; Hi there, big boy. I see ya, buster," the man said to Erik. My husband and I exchanged looks, "What do we do?" Erik continued to laugh and answer, "Hi, hi there." Everyone in the restaurant noticed and looked at us and then at the man. The old geezer was creating a nuisance with my beautiful baby.

Our meal came and the man began shouting from across the room, "Do ya patty cake? Do you know peek-a-boo? Hey, look, he knows peek-a-boo." Nobody thought the old man was cute. He was obviously drunk. My husband and I were embarrassed. We ate in silence but not Erik, who was running through his repertoire for the admiring skidrow bum, who in turn, reciprocated with his cute comments.

We finally got through the meal and headed for the door. My husband went to pay the check and told me to meet him in the parking lot. The old man sat poised between me and the door. "Lord, just let me out of here before he speaks to me or Erik," I prayed. As I drew closer to the man, I turned my back, trying to sidestep him and avoid any air he might be breathing. As I did, Erik leaned over my arm, reaching with both arms in a baby's "pick-me-up" position. Before I could stop him, Erik had propelled himself from my arms to the man's. Suddenly, a very smelly old man and a baby expressed their love and kinship. Erik, in an act of total trust, love, and submission, laid his tiny head upon the man's ragged shoulder. The man's eyes closed, and I saw tears hover beneath his lashes. His aged hands full of grime, pain, and hard labor, cradled my baby. No two beings have ever loved so deeply for so short a time. I stood, awestruck. The old man rocked and cradled Erik in his arms and his eyes opened and set squarely on mine. He said in a firm commanding voice, "You take care of this baby." Somehow I managed, "I will," from a throat that contained a stone. He pried Erik from his chest lovingly, as though he were in pain.

I received my baby, and the man said, "God bless you, ma'am; you've given me my Christmas gift." I said nothing more than a muttered thanks. With Erik in my arms, I ran for the car. My husband was wondering why I was crying and holding Erik so tightly and why I was saying, "My God, my God, forgive me." I had just witnessed Christ's love shown through the innocence of a tiny child who saw no sin, who made no judgment. The child saw a soul, and his mother saw a suit of clothes. I was a Christian who was blind holding a child who was not. I felt it was God asking, "Are you willing to share your son for a moment?" when He shared His for all eternity. The ragged old man, unwittingly, had reminded me, "And he said: "Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven."
(Matthew 18:3)
muscrat likes this post.
Old 06-07-2013, 07:24 AM   #3215
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Footprints in the Sand

I was walking along the beach with my Lord.
Across the dark sky flashed scenes from my life.
For each scene, I noticed two sets
of footprints in the sand,
one belonging to me
and one to my Lord.

When the last scene of my life shot before me
I looked back at the footprints in the sand.
There was only one set of footprints.
I realized that this was at the lowest
and saddest times of my life.
This always bothered me
and I questioned the Lord
about my dilemma.

“Lord, you told me when I decided to follow You,
You would walk and talk with me all the way.
But I'm aware that during the most troublesome
times of my life there is only one set of footprints.
I just don't understand why, when I needed You most,
You leave me.”

He whispered, “My precious child,
I love you and will never leave you
never, ever, during your trials and testings.
When you saw only one set of footprints
it was then that I carried you.”

Old 06-07-2013, 09:15 AM   #3216
Stazon Splitcoast

Caterina- Each and every time I read this poem I think of my father. He thought this poem summed up life.

Joan
Old 06-07-2013, 09:24 AM   #3217
Bunny's SunnyChick

Send a message via MSN to stampin-sunnychick Send a message via Yahoo to stampin-sunnychick

Caterina- these are beautiful! Always love Footprints in the Sand.

Have a great day ladies!
Tracy H. #31511=)
"The beginning is always today!" Mary Shelley
Are you a member ?

Closed & Telling All: Not-So-Secret Sister Swap

Old 06-07-2013, 04:29 PM   #3218
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyj View Post
Caterina- Each and every time I read this poem I think of my father. He thought this poem summed up life.

It is one of my sister's favorites.
smileyj likes this post.
Old 06-07-2013, 04:30 PM   #3219
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampin-sunnychick View Post
Caterina- these are beautiful! Always love Footprints in the Sand.

Have a great day ladies!

Thank you! Nice to have you post!
Old 06-07-2013, 07:33 PM   #3220
Bunny's SunnyChick

Send a message via MSN to stampin-sunnychick Send a message via Yahoo to stampin-sunnychick

Thank you!

I do have a few prayer requests... My friends son has just left to go overseas. She NEVER asks me to pray for her and she did today! His name is PJ. This is not his first tour so she has been through this before but still it is not easy for a Mom to say Bye to her son for 9 mths to go off like that.

Also, my Gram is not doing well. My Mom and Dad went to go check on her because our cousin had visisited her and said she wasn't doing well but didn't want us to know.

I am off to pack up for a day of scrapbooking tomorrow.

Blessings & Prayers
Tracy H. #31511=)
"The beginning is always today!" Mary Shelley
Are you a member ?

Closed & Telling All: Not-So-Secret Sister Swap

Old 06-07-2013, 07:45 PM   #3221
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampin-sunnychick View Post
Thank you!

I do have a few prayer requests... My friends son has just left to go overseas. She NEVER asks me to pray for her and she did today! His name is PJ. This is not his first tour so she has been through this before but still it is not easy for a Mom to say Bye to her son for 9 mths to go off like that.

Also, my Gram is not doing well. My Mom and Dad went to go check on her because our cousin had visisited her and said she wasn't doing well but didn't want us to know.

I am off to pack up for a day of scrapbooking tomorrow.

Blessings & Prayers

God bless your friend's son and keep him safely protected in His powerful hands. May God surround his mom with loving assurances and peace as she waits for his return.

Sorry your Gran is not doing well and sending healing hugs.
Old 06-09-2013, 07:24 AM   #3222
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Push

A man was sleeping at night in his cabin when suddenly his room filled with light, and God appeared. The Lord told the man He had work for him to do and showed him a large rock in front of his cabin. The Lord explained that the man was to push against the rock with all his might. So, this the man did, day after day. For many years, he toiled from sun up to sun down with his shoulders set squarely against the cold, massive surface of the unmoving rock, pushing with all of his might.

Each night, the man returned to his cabin sore and worn out, feeling that his whole day had been spent in vain. Since the man was showing discouragement, Satan decided to enter the picture by placing thoughts into the weary mind: "You have been pushing against that rock for a long time, and it hasn't moved." giving the man the impression that the task was impossible and that he was a failure. These thoughts discouraged and disheartened the man. "Why kill myself over this?" he thought. "I'll just put in my time, giving just the minimum effort, and that will be good enough."

And that is what he planned to do. However, one day he decided to make it a matter of prayer and take his troubled thoughts to the Lord. "Lord," he said, "I have labored long and hard in your service, putting all my strength to do that which you have asked. Yet, after all this time, have not even budged that rock by half a millimeter. What is wrong? Why am I failing?"

The Lord responded compassionately, "My friend, when I asked you to serve Me and you accepted, I told you that your task was to push against the rock with all of your strength, which you have done. Never once did I mention to you that I expected you to move it. Your task was to push. And now, you come to Me with your strength spent, thinking that you have failed. But, is that really so? Look at yourself. Your arms are strong and muscled, your back sinewy and brown, your hands are callused from constant pressure, and your legs have become massive and hard. Through opposition, you have grown much, and your abilities now surpass that which you used to have. Yet you haven't moved the rock. But your calling was to be obedient and to push and to exercise your faith and trust in My wisdom. This you have done. Now I, My friend, will move the rock."

At times, when we hear a word from God, we tend to use our own intellect to decipher what He wants, when actually what God wants is just a simple obedience and faith in Him. By all means, exercise the faith that moves mountains, but know that it is still God who moves mountains.
grateful2bsaved and muscrat like this post.
Old 06-09-2013, 11:24 AM   #3223
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by caterinafmig View Post
Push

A man was sleeping at night in his cabin when suddenly his room filled with light, and God appeared. The Lord told the man He had work for him to do and showed him a large rock in front of his cabin. The Lord explained that the man was to push against the rock with all his might. So, this the man did, day after day. For many years, he toiled from sun up to sun down with his shoulders set squarely against the cold, massive surface of the unmoving rock, pushing with all of his might.

Each night, the man returned to his cabin sore and worn out, feeling that his whole day had been spent in vain. Since the man was showing discouragement, Satan decided to enter the picture by placing thoughts into the weary mind: "You have been pushing against that rock for a long time, and it hasn't moved." giving the man the impression that the task was impossible and that he was a failure. These thoughts discouraged and disheartened the man. "Why kill myself over this?" he thought. "I'll just put in my time, giving just the minimum effort, and that will be good enough."

And that is what he planned to do. However, one day he decided to make it a matter of prayer and take his troubled thoughts to the Lord. "Lord," he said, "I have labored long and hard in your service, putting all my strength to do that which you have asked. Yet, after all this time, have not even budged that rock by half a millimeter. What is wrong? Why am I failing?"

The Lord responded compassionately, "My friend, when I asked you to serve Me and you accepted, I told you that your task was to push against the rock with all of your strength, which you have done. Never once did I mention to you that I expected you to move it. Your task was to push. And now, you come to Me with your strength spent, thinking that you have failed. But, is that really so? Look at yourself. Your arms are strong and muscled, your back sinewy and brown, your hands are callused from constant pressure, and your legs have become massive and hard. Through opposition, you have grown much, and your abilities now surpass that which you used to have. Yet you haven't moved the rock. But your calling was to be obedient and to push and to exercise your faith and trust in My wisdom. This you have done. Now I, My friend, will move the rock."

At times, when we hear a word from God, we tend to use our own intellect to decipher what He wants, when actually what God wants is just a simple obedience and faith in Him. By all means, exercise the faith that moves mountains, but know that it is still God who moves mountains.
Caterina, this story is such a great illustration! Thanks so much for posting it.

Hugs, Rita
Old 06-09-2013, 03:51 PM   #3224
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stamping Servant View Post
Caterina, this story is such a great illustration! Thanks so much for posting it.

Hugs, Rita

Glad you like it Rita, this certainly spoke to me.
Old 06-10-2013, 07:22 AM   #3225
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

During the drive to school every day, this happy little family puts on a concert! With big smiles and lots of energy, they sing their favorite songs together to pass the time. Just too cute!

Happy Family Sings Together on the Way to School
muscrat likes this post.
Old 06-11-2013, 06:39 AM   #3226
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Be Like This Bird

I once watched a most incredible thing. I watched a small bird trying to gather string, which I presumed would have gone into the building of a nest. It is amazing that this little creature acting on instinct alone would gather this kind of material for building. You see, a bird cannot reason, "A piece of string would be nice to use for building my nest, so I'll take it." God has given this little bird the natural instinct to function.

You probably are thinking, "What's so incredible about watching a bird do what it naturally does?" I watched as the bird made several attempts to gather the string. She would pick up one end of the string in her beak and fly upward, but the string would fall, and she would try again. This activity went on for several minutes. What made this so incredible to me was that the other end of the string was attached to a boat sitting on a boat trailer.

I thought of the bird's PERSISTENCE in her efforts. No matter how many times she failed, the bird kept on trying. How often do you and I show this kind of persistence in our endeavors? Even though the odds of getting that particular piece of string were greatly against the bird, I found myself hoping that she would succeed.

I thought of the bird's FOCUS on the string. She was oblivious to the fact that the string was attached to an immovable object. All she saw was the string, and she went after it. How often do we keep a singular focus on a particular goal? Too often we allow our focus to scatter to several objectives, and then we wonder why we don't succeed in achieving any of them.

I thought the bird had great CONFIDENCE. Her intention was to get that string. The bird was not deterred by the fact that a large boat was in her way. Watching the scene unfold as time and again the bird would try to fly away with that string, I almost expected to see the boat lift off the ground.

We need to be PERSISTENT, FOCUSED, and CONFIDENT in our efforts as we serve the Lord. I am sure we will find more success in our endeavors.
muscrat likes this post.
Old 06-12-2013, 05:22 PM   #3227
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

I doubt you have ever seen anything like this one!

Click Your Mouse on this
Flying Over America - YouTube
muscrat likes this post.
Old 06-13-2013, 07:18 AM   #3228
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Christian Couple's Dedication to the Lord is Incredibly Inspiring

Moments before a blushing bride walked down the aisle, her mother-in-law quietly requested that she come with her. Nervously, the bride asked why and the reason was this: her loving groom wanted to meet with her a final time before getting married.

The bride sat down around the corner from her fiance so that he couldn't see her. When she did, he told her that he wanted to pray with her before their wedding. They held hands, bowed their heads and prayed to the Lord while people bustled around them, busy with their wedding duties.

The bride and groom were alone in the presence of our Savior, Jesus Christ.

The groom prayed that God would bless their marriage and help them through whatever obstacles they would face. The two promised to love one another not through their own strength but by the power of Christ’s perfect love.

While tightly holding hands and crying, they both whispered, "Amen." The couple has been through so much to get to the wedding that they have been dreaming of for months. On their very first date, the bride nervously told him that she would be a virgin until her wedding night. Her Prince Charming took her hand and said he would have it NO other way.

Not only has her soon-to-be husband protected the country he loves, but he has also bravely protected the purity of the woman he loves. The dating and engagement was hard; resisting earthly temptations can be difficult. However, with the Lord's help, this couple made it through everything together.

They had not gotten where they were by their own strength, but by His hand of protection on the relationship. By keeping God in their lives, they were able to make it through their trials together until their beautiful wedding day.

We hope this story inspires others to believe in the power of prayer and love. With God, we can do anything: find love, keep love and honor that love in the eyes of God.

Lord, please bless this couple and we hope they have a wonderfully happy marriage!
Old 06-14-2013, 06:53 AM   #3229
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

The Visit

Ruth went to her mail box, and there was only one letter. She picked it up and looked at it before opening it, but then she looked at the letter again.
There was no stamp, no postmark, only her name and address. She read the letter:

Dear Ruth:

I'm going to be in your neighborhood Saturday afternoon, and I'd like to stop by for a visit.

Love Always,
Jesus

Her hands were shaking as she placed the letter on the table. "Why would the Lord want to visit me? I'm nobody special. I don't have anything to offer."

With that thought, Ruth remembered her empty kitchen cabinets. "Oh my goodness, I really don't have anything to offer. I'll have to run down to the store and buy something for dinner." She reached for her purse and counted out its contents. Five dollars and forty cents. "Well! I can get some bread and cold cuts, at least."

She threw on her coat and hurried out the door.

A loaf of French bread, a half-pound of sliced turkey, and a carton of milk...leaving Ruth with grand total twelve cents to last her until Monday.

Nonetheless, she felt good as she headed home, her meager offerings tucked under her arm.

"Hey lady, can you help us, lady?"

Ruth had been so absorbed in her dinner plans, she hadn't even noticed two figures huddled in the alleyway. A man and a woman, both of them dressed in little more than rags.

"Look lady, I ain't got a job, ya know, and my wife and I have been living out here on the street, and, well, now it's getting cold, and we're getting kinda hungry and, well, if you could help us, lady, we'd really appreciate it."

Ruth looked at them both.

They were dirty, they smelled bad, and frankly, she was certain that they could get some kind of work if they really wanted to.

"Sir, I'd like to help you, but I'm a poor woman myself. All I have is a few cold cuts and some bread, and I'm having an important guest for dinner tonight, and I was planning on serving that to Him."

"Yeah, well, okay lady, I understand. Thanks anyway."

The man put his arm around the woman's shoulders, turned, and headed back into the alley.

As she watched them leave, Ruth felt a familiar twinge in her heart.

"Sir, wait!" The couple stopped and turned as she ran down the alley after them. "Look, why don't you take this food. I'll figure out something else to serve my guest."

She handed the man her grocery bag.

"Thank you lady. Thank you very much!"

"Yes, thank you!" It was the man's wife, and Ruth could see now that she was shivering. "You know, I've got another coat at home. Here, why don't you take this one." Ruth unbuttoned her jacket and slipped it over the woman's shoulders. Then smiling, she turned and walked back to the street...without her coat and with nothing to serve her guest.

Ruth was chilled by the time she reached her front door and worried too. The Lord was coming to visit, and she didn't have anything to offer Him.

She fumbled through her purse for the door key. But as she did, she noticed another envelope in her mailbox.

"That's odd. The mailman doesn't usually come twice in one day." She took the envelope out of the box and opened it.

Dear Ruth:

It was so good to see you again. Thank you for the lovely meal. And thank you, too, for the beautiful coat.

Love Always,
Jesus

The air was still cold, but even without her coat, Ruth no longer noticed.
grateful2bsaved likes this post.
Old 06-14-2013, 06:55 AM   #3230
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

HAPPY FLAG DAY!
Attached Thumbnails
flag-day.jpg  
muscrat likes this post.
Old 06-16-2013, 04:34 AM   #3231
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!!

Precious Compilation of Daddies Snuggling With Their Babies
Old 06-17-2013, 05:07 PM   #3232
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

God's Letter

My child,

You may not know me, but I know everything about you (Psalm 139:1). I know when you sit down and when you rise up (Psalm 139:2). I am familiar with your ways (Psalm 139:3). Even the very hairs on your head are numbered (Matt 10:29-31) for you were made in my image (Genesis 1:27). In me you live and move and have your being (Acts 17:28 ) for you are my offspring (Acts 17:28 ).

I knew you even before you were conceived (Jeremiah 1:4-5). I chose you even before I planned creation (Ephesians 1:11-12). You were not a mistake; all your days are written in my book (Psalm 139:15-16). I determined the exact time of your birth and where you would live (Acts 17:26). You were fearfully and wonderfully made (Psalm 139:14). I knit you together in you mother's womb (Psalm 139:13) and brought you forth on the day you were born (Psalm 71:6).

I have been misrepresented by those who don't know me (John 8:41-44). I am not distant and angry, but I am the complete expression of love (1 John 4:16), and it is my desire to lavish my love on you (1 John 3:1). I offer you more than your earthly father ever could (Matthew 7:11) for I am the perfect father (Matthew 5:48 ). Every good gift that you receive comes from my hand (James 1:17) for I am your provider, and I meet all your needs (Matthew 6:31-33)

My plan for your future has always been filled with hope. (Jeremiah 29:11) Because I love you with an everlasting love (Jeremiah 31:3), my thoughts toward you are as countless as the sand on the seashore (Psalm 139:17-18 ) and I rejoice over you with singing (Zephaniah 3:17). I will never stop doing good to you (Jeremiah 32:40) for you are my treasured possession (Exodus 19:5). I desire to establish you with all my heart and all my soul (Jeremiah 32:41).

I want to show you great and marvelous things (Jeremiah 33:3). If you seek me with all you heart, you will find me (Deuteronomy 4:29). Delight in me, and I will give you the desires of you heart (Psalm 37:4) for it is I who gave you those desires (Philippians 2:13).

I am able to do more for you than you could possibly imagine (Ephesians 3:20) for I am your greatest encourager (2 Thessalonians 2:16-17). I am also the father who comforts you in all your troubles (2 Corinthians 1:3-4). When you are brokenhearted, I am close to you (Psalm 34:18 ). As a Shepard carries a lamb, I have carried you close you my heart (Isaiah 40:11).

One day, I will wipe away every tear from your eyes (Revelation 21:3-4), and I'll take away all the pain you have suffered on this earth (Revelation 21:3-4). I am your father, and I love you even as I love my son, Jesus (John 17:26). He is the exact representation of my being (Hebrews 1:3). He came to demonstrate that I am for you, not against you (Romans 8:31) and to tell you that I am not counting your sins (2 Corinthians 5:18-19).

Jesus died so that you could be reconciled (2 Corinthians 5:18-19). His death was the ultimate expression of my love for you (1 John 4:10). I gave up everything I loved so that I might gain your love (Romans 8:31-32). If you receive the gift of my son, Jesus, you receive me (1 John 2:23), and nothing will ever separate you from my love again (Romans 8:38-39).

Come home, and I'll throw the biggest party heaven has ever seen (Luke 15:7). I have always been your father and will always be your father (Ephesians 3:14-15).

My question is, will you be my child (John 1:1-13)?

I am waiting for you (Luke 15:11-32).

Last edited by caterinafmig; 06-19-2013 at 09:05 AM..
muscrat likes this post.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:06 AM   #3233
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Chocolate is a Vegetable

Other little known Chocolate facts:

Chocolate is derived from cacao beans. Bean = vegetable. Sugar is derived from either sugar CANE or sugar BEETS. Both are plants, which places them in the vegetable category. Thus, chocolate is a vegetable.

To go one step further, chocolate candy bars also contain milk, which is dairy product. So candy bars are a health food.

Chocolate-covered raisins, cherries, orange slices and strawberries all count as fruit; so eat as many as you want.

If you've got melted chocolate all over your hands, you're eating it too slowly.

Problem: How to get 2 pounds of chocolate home from the store in a hot car. The solution: Eat it in the parking lot.

Diet tip: Eat a chocolate bar before each meal. It'll take the edge off your appetite, and you'll eat less.

If calories are an issue, store your chocolate on top of the fridge. Calories are afraid of heights, and they will jump out of the chocolate to protect themselves. (We're testing this with other snack foods as well.)

If I eat equal amounts of dark chocolate and white chocolate, is that a balanced diet? Don't they actually counteract each other?

Chocolate has many preservatives. Preservatives make you look younger. Therefore, you need to eat more chocolate.

Put "eat chocolate" at the top of your list of things to do today. That way, at least you'll get one thing done.

A nice box of chocolates can provide your total daily intake of calories in one place. Now, isn't that handy?

If you can't eat all your chocolate, it will keep in the freezer. But if you can't eat all your chocolate, what's wrong with you?

If not for chocolate, there would be no need for control top pantyhose. An entire garment industry would be devastated. You can't let that happen, can you?

NEWS FLASH: "Stressed" spelled backward is "desserts." So, to reverse being "stressed" . . . CHOCOLATE!!!

Old 06-19-2013, 05:44 PM   #3234
Stazon Splitcoast

I am a chocolate lover!

Joan
Old 06-19-2013, 05:58 PM   #3235
Proud Fan Club Member

I confess. I am a chocoholic!
Old 06-20-2013, 06:25 AM   #3236
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Loving Family

I ran into a stranger as he passed by,
"Oh, excuse me please," was my reply.
He said, "Please excuse me too;
I just wasn't watching for you."
We were very polite, this stranger and I.
We went on our way, and we said good-bye.
But at home, a different story is told,
How we treat our loved ones, young and old.

Later that day, cooking the evening meal,
My son stood beside me, very still.
When I turned, I nearly knocked him down.
"Move out of the way," I said with a frown.

He walked away, his little heart broken.
I didn't realize how harshly I'd spoken.
While I lay awake in bed,
God's still small voice came to me and said,

"While dealing with a stranger, common courtesy you use,
But the family you love, you seem to abuse.
Go and look on the kitchen floor;
You'll find some flowers there by the door.

Those are the flowers he brought for you.
He picked them himself: pink, yellow and blue.
He stood very quietly not to spoil the surprise;
You never saw the tears that filled his little eyes."

By this time, I felt very small,
And now my tears began to fall.
I quietly went and knelt by his bed;
"Wake up, little one, wake up," I said.

"Are these the flowers you picked for me?"
He smiled, "I found 'em, out by the tree.
I picked 'em because they're pretty like you.
I knew you'd like 'em, especially the blue."

I said, "Son, I'm sorry for the way I acted today;
I shouldn't have yelled at you that way."
He said, "Mom, that's okay.
I love you anyway."

I said, "Son, I love you too,
and I do like the flowers, especially the blue."
muscrat likes this post.
Old 06-20-2013, 10:32 PM   #3237
Proud Fan Club Member

Send a message via Yahoo to grateful2bsaved

How is it that this thread has been around for over 5 years and I've never stumbled across it? Even weirder than that is the fact that I PM'd you earlier today, Caterina, just "because". Hmmm, do YOU need a lift? LOL Praying for you whether you do or not. XOX
caterinafmig and muscrat like this post.
Old 06-21-2013, 05:54 AM   #3238
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by grateful2bsaved View Post
How is it that this thread has been around for over 5 years and I've never stumbled across it? Even weirder than that is the fact that I PM'd you earlier today, Caterina, just "because". Hmmm, do YOU need a lift? LOL Praying for you whether you do or not. XOX

Welcome, my friend!
Old 06-22-2013, 08:34 AM   #3239
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Little Adela Ferencova explained to the judges that she has been bullied for most of her life because of her weight, but afterwards proves that she as just as beautiful as anyone else. God bless Adela for her strength. She was given a precious gift from the Lord!

Little Girl Was Bullied for Her Weight but Brings Judges to Tears
muscrat likes this post.
Old 06-25-2013, 06:42 AM   #3240
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

We all know that new babies are a blessing from God. They’re also a major life changer that can lead to some very funny situations. Check out these clips of three great Christian comedians – Tim Hawkins, Bob Smiley, and John Branyan – making some funny observations about babies!

Hilarious Standup Comedy About the Joy of New Babies | Jesus Loves You
muscrat likes this post.