Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree493Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-09-2013, 10:47 AM   #3161
Die Cut Diva

Caterina, what a heartwarming story! I can just picture the scene in my mind ... and just hearing about it has had an impact on me. I can't image how beautiful it must have been to actually witness this sweet and loving event. Surely, our Heavenly Father was so pleased by the actions of those contestants!
Old 04-09-2013, 11:32 AM   #3162
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stamping Servant View Post
Caterina, what a heartwarming story! I can just picture the scene in my mind ... and just hearing about it has had an impact on me. I can't image how beautiful it must have been to actually witness this sweet and loving event. Surely, our Heavenly Father was so pleased by the actions of those contestants!

Rita, as always, thanks so much for your encouraging words about this particular story.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-10-2013, 09:35 AM   #3163
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Praying for People

A hospital chaplain visited a delightful old lady in the hospital. As he approached her bed he noticed that with the index finger of one hand she was touching, one by one, the fingers of the other, with her eyes closed. When the chaplain spoke to her she opened her eyes and said, "Ah, minister, I was just saying my prayers--- the prayers my grandmother taught me many years ago."

The chaplain looked puzzled, so she went on to explain, "I hold my hand like this, my thumb towards me. That reminds me to pray for those nearest to me. Then, there is my pointing finger, so I pray for those who point the way to others---teacher, leaders, parents. The next finger is the biggest so I pray for those in high places. After that comes the weakest finger---look it won't stand up by itself, so I pray for the sick and the lonely and the afraid. And this little one---well, last of all I pray for myself."
Old 04-11-2013, 07:21 AM   #3164
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

This video is so amazing.

To celebrate their wedding day, this Russian bride and groom do something absolutely AWESOME! This whole routine is a celebration of love, life and marriage - and it's one you just HAVE to see. Wow!

Bride and Groom Do Something Unbelievable on Their Wedding Day
Old 04-11-2013, 07:30 AM   #3165
Proud Fan Club Member

Caterina I tried to watch but it plays one second and stops. Tried twice
Old 04-11-2013, 08:04 AM   #3166
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscrat View Post
Caterina I tried to watch but it plays one second and stops. Tried twice

Oh sorry

Sometimes that will happen, try shutting down your computer and clearing out recent history (Tools) - that might help.
Old 04-11-2013, 01:19 PM   #3167
Proud Fan Club Member

Caterina, when I tried earlier, I was on my smartphone. I just turned the computer on and it worked fine and I absolutely love flash mob stuff!! Smiled the whole way through! Thanks.
Old 04-11-2013, 03:07 PM   #3168
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscrat View Post
Caterina, when I tried earlier, I was on my smartphone. I just turned the computer on and it worked fine and I absolutely love flash mob stuff!! Smiled the whole way through! Thanks.

Glad you got to see it!
Old 04-14-2013, 03:37 PM   #3169
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Look Up!

I had to get a new pair of eyeglasses recently. Stigmatism had started to mix with my nearsightedness making things a little bit blurry with my old prescription. Also I had to finally give in to another sign of my aging body and get my first pair of bifocals.

It has taken me several days to get used to the new pair. While it was great seeing clearly at a distance again and wonderful being able to read a book without it being an inch from my face, the combination lenses were a challenge for me. The problem was that whenever I was looking at something far away I had to keep my eyes up or else I got a wave of blurriness when I accidentally looked through the reading part of the lenses. I am glad that my eyes are now getting the hang of it. It is no fun living in a blurry world.

I am grateful for this new pair of glasses for another reason too. They have taught me a truth that I will hold close to my heart forever: whenever you need to see the road ahead clearly, Look Up! Too often in my life I have kept the eyes of my soul looking down to the ground. When I did the world seemed like a scary, blurry, and depressing place. When I raised those eyes up to Heaven, though, my vision always became breathtakingly clear. I saw that God loves me. I saw that this is God's world. I saw that life is good and when I help others I make it even better. I saw that no matter what each day may throw at me, I can face it with a loving heart and a joyful spirit.

Whenever your life seems blurry then, look up! Whenever your life seems frightening or overwhelming, look up! Whenever you aren't sure what you should do, look up! God is in His Heaven and He is in your heart as well. Open the eyes of your soul and see clearly just how much God loves you and just how much you can love as well.

Old 04-15-2013, 08:54 AM   #3170
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

The Glory of Spring

I opened up the door this morning and did a little jig.
I smiled at the falling rain even though the drops were big.

Those drops didn't discourage me as they fell on the window pane,
before the dawn of sunshine I knew there'd be some rain

For now the barren gardens are floating in muddy gloom,
soon they'll house the buds from where the flowers bloom.

We've looked forward to a grand awakening that is happily in the works,
a burst of new life from where the bare tree limb lurks.

The snow has all melted, Jack Frost has been sent on his way,
though we thought we'd never see it we welcome Spring this day.

I saw a robin perched on the roof, perhaps scouting out a nest,
I placed shedded dog hair on the fence post, mama robin will do the rest.

Soon tiny tots on swing sets will be reaching for the sky,
filled with wonder and laughter, the magic won't pass them by.

The glory of Spring and the awakening it brings,
is the joy in the tune that the bluebird sings.

It is a chance for us to improve on the days that lie ahead,
to make sure the bounty of our blessings keep our hearts and souls well fed.

Gardener's thumbs will once again regain their color green,
while blooming shades of purple, pink, and red will reign supreme.

Spring nights are for young lover's walking hand and hand in the park,
beneath the starry skies, a chance to dance in the dark.

Every Spring season we are rewarded with this glorious gift of rebirth,
and reminded of our own new beginnings every Springtime on this earth.

Young dreams will be carried along on warm soothing breezes,
sweet recollections of life anew and all that pleases.

So, I'm enjoying the rhythm of the gentle falling rain,
it's nature's way of saying there is so much for us to gain.

These wonderful days of Spring will be bursting out in song,
a sweet melody of promise that carries our hopes along.

AND THAT'S THE GLORY OF SPRING!
Old 04-17-2013, 09:52 PM   #3171
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

The First Flower Of Spring

I smiled when I saw the first flower of Spring the other day. A lone Blue Bonnet had popped its head through the ground and was looking around on a cool, April morning. I wasn’t sure what had made it finally decide to end its long, Winter’s sleep. Perhaps it had noticed that the ground around it was no longer frozen. Perhaps it had felt the warmth of the sunshine finally pushing the temperatures into the seventies. Perhaps it had heard the songs of the birds singing that Spring had arrived and it was time for the world to awaken again. Perhaps the roots of the trees had whispered to it that it was now safe to come out and that their own limbs were already budding.

Whatever the reason it was a joy to see the little guy soaking up the light and calling out to its fellow flowers to join in the celebration of life once again. I know that soon it will be joined by other Blue Bonnets, Buttercups, Tulips, Daffodils, and Dandelions. I know that soon the air will be full of Butterflies dancing above them all. I know that soon the meadows will be full of growing grass and the forested hills will be awash in bright, green leaves. I know that soon the mountains of my home will once again be alive with the glory of God’s creation.

We too are a part of that creation, but unlike the flowers in the field we have the ability to bloom even when the world around us is cold, dark, and harsh. We have the ability to share our beauty in the face of ugliness, our joy in the face of fear, and our love in the face of hate. We have the ability to make every day feel like the first day of Spring.

May you bloom well then today and always. May you shine your light. May you share your love. May you be truly alive in the glory of God’s creation. And may you forever make your Heavenly Father smile.

~ Joseph J. Mazzella ~
Old 04-18-2013, 07:48 AM   #3172
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

In a deeply touching and inspirational video, Dove shows women everywhere what true beauty REALLY is. When we think of ourselves, we are harsh and judgmental. This video will prove that our beauty is more brilliant than we ever knew.

This Video Proves We Don't Know What True Beauty Is - You Have to See It
muscrat likes this post.
Old 04-19-2013, 08:18 AM   #3173
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Having a Thankful Heart

It's a challenge to grow up with a thankful heart. From an early age we are exposed to a culture of complainers, gripers, grumblers, and critics. We complain about the weather, traffic, food, work, neighbors, bills, the government, church, and life in general. Worst of all, we are ungrateful toward God. It would be hard to count the number of complaints and criticisms that are daily spoken before Him and against Him. How can we, who have received so much, be thankful for so little?

One of the great indicators of true spirituality is not measured by how many times we go to church, how big our Bibles are, or how long we pray, but it is measured by the level of gratitude that is in our hearts. When we are ungrateful, the heart of God is saddened, the Holy Spirit is grieved, and the joy of the Lord is quenched within us.

Being thankful sweetens you, grumbling sours you; being thankful brings sunshine to your countenance, being ungrateful casts a shadow; being thankful brings a melody to your words, criticism makes you sound like a clanging cymbal; being thankful keeps your feet on the pathway of celebration, complaint takes you down the road of despair.

When our hearts are filled with gratefulness we may feel like our thanksgiving is inadequate, but we can be certain that our thanksgiving is always appropriate. It will gladden the heart of God to hear your heartfelt thanks being freely offered to Him today.
muscrat likes this post.
Old 04-19-2013, 08:42 AM   #3174
Proud Fan Club Member

I'm liking the like button for this thread. Then you will know we are reading your wonderful encouragements!
Old 04-21-2013, 07:36 AM   #3175
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Never Judge

A doctor entered the hospital in hurry after being called in for an urgent surgery. He answered the call asap, changed his clothes and went directly to the surgery block. He found the boy's father going and coming in the hall waiting for the doctor. Once seeing him, the dad yelled:

"Why did you take all this time to come? Don't you know that my son's life is in danger? Don't you have the sense of responsibility?"

The doctor smiled and said, "I am sorry, I wasn't in the hospital and I came the fastest I could after receiving the call... And now, I wish you'd calm down so that I can do my work"

"Calm down?! What if your son was in this room right now, would you calm down? If your own son dies now what will you do??" said the father angrily

The doctor smiled again and replied: "I will say what Job said in the Holy Book "From dust we came and to dust we return, blessed be the name of God". Doctors cannot prolong lives. Go and intercede for your son, we will do our best by God's grace"

"Giving advice when we're not concerned is so easy," murmured the father.

The surgery took some hours after which the doctor exited happily, "Thank goodness! Your son is saved!" Without waiting for the father's reply he carried on his way running. "If you have any question, ask the nurse!!"

"Why is he so arrogant? He couldn't wait some minutes so that I ask about my son's state" Commented the father when seeing the nurse minutes after the doctor left.

The nurse answered, tears coming down her face: "His son died yesterday in a road accident, he was in the burial when we called him for your son's surgery. And now that he saved your son's life, he left running to finish his son's burial."

muscrat likes this post.
Old 04-21-2013, 11:43 AM   #3176
Stazon Splitcoast

The story reminds me.. that others have a life as well as myself.

Joan
muscrat likes this post.
Old 04-22-2013, 07:33 AM   #3177
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Being Italian and having had a mom with dementia, this touched my heart as I am sure it will touch others.

Remember Love

My Italian Grandmother was a wonderful woman. "Nanny" had a loving, vibrant soul that she carried around in a short, heavyset body. She had a passion for life that expressed itself in so many ways. It was in the hugs she gave, the meals she cooked, and the flowers she grew. It was even in the temper she lost from time to time. I think one of the reasons I was never taught Italian by my Dad was he was afraid I might learn the meaning of some of those words Nanny said when she was upset.

Nanny raised four sons and then helped my Mom and Dad raise me and my two brothers as well. I always felt blessed growing up in her home as a boy. She worked hard, laughed loud, and was never afraid of what life threw at her. Life wasn't that easy on her either. She suffered from health problems all her life and even survived an operation for a brain tumor. When she fell and broke her hip in her eighties, my Dad was forced to admit that he could no longer take care of her at home.

It was with a heavy heart that Dad moved Nanny into a nursing home. She lost weight and was confined to a wheelchair. Yet, even as her body shrunk and withered her spirit stayed strong. The nurses there loved her and her zest for life. Even her Italian temper brought smiles to them as they learned a few "choice" words of Italian from her as well. Our whole family gathered together for her 90th birthday in the nursing home dining room. It was a wonderful celebration of her life and the love we all had for her.

Shortly after that birthday, however, life gave her the toughest challenge of all as age and illness started to take her mind from her too. The Dementia grew worse and worse over the last few years of her life. At times when I visited her she didn't know who I was. It was heartbreaking to see her this way. She spoke less and less and stayed in her bed more and more. Sometimes all I could do was just sit by her bed and hold her hand.

During one of these visits I was holding her hand while she slept and remembering the person she used to be. My soul was in mourning that life could take everything from her like this. At that moment she awoke. Her eyes gazed up at me and I could tell she didn't recognize me. She looked down at my hand holding hers and instead of pulling hers away, she smiled at me. Then she closed her eyes and went peacefully back to sleep. I could see then that even though her mind didn't remember me, her spirit still remembered love and that was enough.

In the end this life takes away everything we have except our love. Our love can never be taken away. It can never be destroyed. It can never be forgotten. Our love is eternal. It makes us one with God. It lives in us all through this life and it lives on into the next. It was my Nanny's love that made her the special soul she was. And it is your love that makes you the special soul you are. Always remember to love then. It is who you are. It is what you are meant for. It is what life is all about.
Old 04-24-2013, 06:48 AM   #3178
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Little Jayden was dying boy that brought incredible inspiration and hope to an entire community. Before he died, he told his father that he knew God needed him. Little did he know, but his faith and attitude started an amazing chain reaction that helped SO many people.

Little Boy Inspires a Message of Hope for Humanity After He Dies
muscrat likes this post.
Old 04-24-2013, 10:04 AM   #3179
Proud Fan Club Member

I had to do more than just "like" this post so I passed it on, Jayden style! Thanks Caterina!!
caterinafmig likes this post.
Old 04-25-2013, 05:38 PM   #3180
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Worthless or Priceless

I was driving my son to the sheltered workshop for the handicapped where he works a few days each week. My seventeen year old car was cruising along while the Spring sun shined down. The trees were budding and flowers were popping up along the side of the road. I looked over at my son who was humming along to a song on the radio. He turned his head, smiled and said, " I love you Daddy." I smiled back and said, "I love you too son."

The green light ahead turned yellow and I slowed to a stop. Suddenly, a gold Mercedes Benz screeched to a halt next to me. The owner was yelling into a cell phone and slammed his hand on the steering wheel as he glared at the now red light. After a minute the light changed and he sped away with a scowl as big as his face. I drove on shaking my head and said a little prayer that the owner of that expensive car would one day realize the true treasures in life.

That miserable man in the Mercedes reminded me again of the worthlessness of wealth and the pricelessness of love in the eyes of eternity. All of his money hadn't put a smile on his face. All of his things hadn't given him peace. All of his wealth hadn't filled his heart with happiness or brought meaning to his life. He seemed lost, separated from love, and separated from God. He was trapped in a golden cage and didn't even know it.

Please don't spend your life in the pursuit of the worthless "fool's gold" that our society holds dear. Don't try to gain the whole world and in the process lose your soul. Instead spend your days here building "the Treasures of Heaven" in your heart. If you do then your days will be blessed with sunshine, smiles, and sweet laughter. If you do then you will not only fill your soul with love but you will also scatter joy to the world around you. If you do then you will be able to give God the most priceless gift of all: your life lived with love.

muscrat likes this post.
Old 04-27-2013, 07:47 AM   #3181
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

The Starfish

There was once a wise man that used to go to the ocean to do his writing. He had a habit of walking on the beach before he began his work.

He was walking along the shore one day when he saw a human figure moving like a dancer. He smiled to himself as he didn't think anybody would dance on the beach at this time of the day. Hence, he began to walk faster to try and catch up with the person.

As he got closer, he saw that the person was a young man and he wasn't dancing. Instead, he was reaching down to pick up something on the beach every now and then before throwing it into the ocean very gently.

When the wise man got closer, he called out, "Good morning! What are you doing?"

The young man looked up and replied, "Throwing starfish into the ocean."

"Why are you throwing starfish into the ocean?"

"The sun is up and the tide is going down. If I don't throw them in they'll die."

"There are miles and miles of beach and there are starfishes all along it. You can't possibly make a difference!"

The young man listened politely. Then he bent down, picked up another starfish and threw it into the sea, past the breaking waves.

He said, "It made a difference for that one."

Each of us can make a difference to this world. Everybody is useful and it is just a matter of whether you want to make a difference.
muscrat likes this post.
Old 05-01-2013, 08:27 PM   #3182
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

25 Jokes to Make You Smile

1. My husband and I divorced over religious differences. He thought he was God and I didn't.

2. I don't suffer from insanity -- I enjoy every minute of it!

3. I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.

4. Don't take life too seriously -- no one gets out alive.

5. You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me.

6. Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

7. Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.

8. I'm not a compete idiot -- some parts are missing!

9. Out of my mind. Back in five minutes.

10. God must love stupid people -- He made so many!

11. The gene pool could use a little chlorine.

12. Consciousness: that annoying time between naps.

13. Ever stop to think, and forget to start again?

14. Being "over the hill" is much better than being under it.

15. Wrinkled was not one of the things I wanted to be when I grew up.

16. Procrastinate now!

17. I have a degree in Liberal Arts -- do you want fries with that?

18. A hangover is the wrath of grapes.

19. A journey of a thousand miles begins with a cash advance.

20. Stupidity is not a handicap. Park elsewhere!

21. He who dies with the most toys is nonetheless dead.

22. A picture is worth a thousand words, but it uses up three thousand times the memory.

23. Ham and eggs -- a day's work for a chicken, a lifetime commitment for a pig.

24. The trouble with life is there's no background music.

25. I smile because I don't know what the heck is going on.

Old 05-02-2013, 11:15 AM   #3183
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Kaitlyn Maher is only 4 years-old in this video, but she is SO talented you won't believe your ears! She melts the hearts of the judges with her performance of "Somewhere Out There" - get ready to be amazed!

http://www.godvine.com/Charming-4-Ye...paign=5-2-2013
muscrat likes this post.
Old 05-03-2013, 09:33 AM   #3184
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

You Can't Get There From Here

The adage we have often heard
You can't get there from here
Usually, with humor it is said
Yet another meaning it may adhere

Your view of an issue, may puzzle me
From where I stand today
But if I had trod the path you have
I might see things another way

Since I don't know the facts as you
The least I can do, is speculate
From that, I have no right to judge
Just what position you should take

And so it seems, there is a chasm
Which neither you or I
May cross in each other's life
Although sincerely, we may try

Unless I go there, or you come here
Each other's burdens, we don't know
If we'll but apply, the Golden Rule
Perhaps compassion, we both can show.

~ Colan L. Hiatt
Old 05-06-2013, 05:39 AM   #3185
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

You won't believe how smart this precious baby is! Little Lily was blessed with so much intelligence, that you can't ask her a geography question she doesn't know. Watch her stun her parents!

http://www.godvine.com/Smart-Baby-is...paign=5-6-2013
muscrat likes this post.
Old 05-06-2013, 04:07 PM   #3186
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

This has been around however worth remembering....

Choose Your Words Well
======================

A certain good woman one day said something that hurt her best friend of many years. She regretted it immediately and would have done anything to have taken the words back. But they were said impulsively in a moment of thoughtlessness, and as close as she and her friend were, she didn't consider the effects of her words before hand.

What she said hurt the friend so much that this good woman was herself hurt for the pain she caused. In her effort to undo what she had done, she went to an older, wiser woman in the village, explained her situation, and asked for advice.

The older woman listened patiently in an effort to determine just how
sincere the younger woman was, how far she was willing to go to correct the situation. She explained that sometimes, in order to put things back in order, great efforts must be made.

She then asked, "Just what would you be willing to do to repair the harm done?" The answer was heartfelt. "Anything!"

Listening to her, the older woman sensed the younger woman's distress and knew she must help her. She also knew she could never alleviate her pain by living her life for her, but she could teach, if the younger woman would first listen and then learn.

She knew the outcome would depend solely on the character of the younger woman. She said, "There are two things you need to do to make amends. The first of the two is extremely difficult.

Tonight, take your best feather pillows and open a small hole in each one. Then, before the sun rises, you must put a single feather on the doorstep of each house in town.

When you are through, come back to me. If you've done the first thing completely, I'll tell you the second."

The young woman hurried home to prepare for her chore, even though the pillows were very dear to her and very expensive.

All night long, she labored alone in the cold. She went from doorstep to doorstep, taking care not to overlook a single house. Her fingers were frozen, the wind was so sharp it caused her eyes to water, but she ran on through the darkened streets, thankful there was something she could do to put things back the way they once were.

Finally as the sky was getting light, she placed the last feather on the
steps of the last house. Just as the sun rose, she returned to the older
woman.

She was exhausted but relieved that her efforts would be rewarded.

"My pillows are empty. I placed a feather on the doorstep of each home." "Now," said the wise woman, "Go back and refill your pillows. Then everything will be as it was before."

The young woman was stunned. "You know that's impossible!
The wind blew away each feather as fast as I placed them on the doorsteps! You didn't say I had to get them back! If this is the second requirement, then things will never be the same."

"That's true," said the older woman. "Never forget. Each of your words is like a feather in the wind. Once spoken, no amount of effort, regardless how heartfelt or sincere, can ever return them to your mouth. Choose your words well and guard them most of all in the presence of those you love."

~Author Unknown~
Old 05-07-2013, 06:50 AM   #3187
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Mother of the Year

One Mother's Amazing Act of Devotion for Her Son
muscrat likes this post.
Old 05-09-2013, 05:58 AM   #3188
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Down Life's Path

Many go down life's path with lofty plans
To amass a great fortune of houses and lands
And to live a life of pleasure and ease,
Thinking happiness can be found in these.
Others pursue power and worldwide fame
To be known by all and win their acclaim.
But those without God who attain these goals
Soon find emptiness remains in their souls.
They could not find true happiness
For life's void cannot be filled with this.
If only they realized this will not last
Since life is fleeting and will soon be past.
Wealth, worldly pleasure, fame, and power
Will all be gone at death's dark hour.
And beyond the grave when eternity begins
Those unsaved will be judged for their sins!
If only they would believe in God's Son
And repent of the sinful deeds they've done,
Then they could go down life's path
Not needing to worry about God's wrath.
They would have the joy they longed for,
Inner peace, contentment, and much more
For when their lives on earth shall end
Heavenly bliss would at once begin!

~Perry Boardman
Old 05-10-2013, 07:34 AM   #3189
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Magnet

A teacher gave her class of second graders a lesson on the
magnet and what it does.

The next day in a written test, she included this question:
"My full name has six letters. The first one is M. I am
strong and attractive. I pick up things. What am I?"

When the test papers were turned in, the teacher was
astonished to find that almost 50 percent of the students
answered the question with the word "Mother."
muscrat likes this post.
Old 05-11-2013, 10:11 AM   #3190
Stazon Splitcoast

Heart

To Mothers

This is for the mothers who have sat up all night with sick
toddlers in their arms, wiping up barf laced with Oscar
Mayer wieners and cherry Kool-Aid saying, "It's okay, honey,
Mommy's here."

Who have sat in rocking chairs for hours on end soothing
crying babies who can't be comforted.

This is for all the mothers who show up at work with spit-up
in their hair and milk stains on their blouses and diapers
in their purses.

For all the mothers who run carpools and make cookies and
sew Halloween costumes. And all the mothers who DON'T.

This is for the mothers who gave birth to babies they'll
never see. And the mothers who took those babies and gave
them homes.

This is for the mothers whose priceless art collections are
hanging on their refrigerator doors.

And for all the mothers who froze their buns on metal
bleachers at football or soccer games instead of watching
from the warmth of their cars.

And that when their kids asked, "Did you see me, Mom?" they
could say, "Of course, I wouldn't have missed it for the
world," and meant it.

This is for all the mothers who yell at their kids in the
grocery store and swat them in despair when they stomp their
feet and scream for ice cream before dinner. And for all the
mothers who count to ten instead, but realize how child
abuse happens.

This is for all the mothers who sat down with their children
and explained all about making babies. And for all the
(grand)mothers who wanted to, but just couldn't find the
words.

This is for all the mothers who go hungry, so their children
can eat.

For all the mothers who read "Goodnight, Moon" twice a night
for a year. And then read it again. "Just one more time."

This is for all the mothers who taught their children to tie
their shoelaces before they started school. And for all the
mothers who opted for Velcro instead.

This is for all the mothers who teach their sons to cook and
their daughters to sink a jump shot.

This is for every mother whose head turns automatically when
a little voice calls "Mom?" in a crowd, even though they
know their own offspring are at home -- or even away at
college or have their own families.

This is for all the mothers who sent their kids to school
with stomach aches, assuring them they'd be just FINE once
they got there, only to get calls from the school nurse an
hour later asking them to please pick them up. Right away.

This is for mothers whose children have gone astray, who
can't find the words to reach them.

For all the mothers who bite their lips until they bleed
when their 14-year-olds dye their hair green.

For all the mothers of the victims of recent school
shootings, and the mothers of those who did the shootings.

For the mothers of the survivors, and the mothers who sat in
front of their TVs in horror, hugging their children who
just came home from school safely.

This is for all the mothers who taught their children to be
peaceful, and now pray they come home safely from a war.

What makes a good mother anyway? Is it patience? Compassion?
Broad hips? The ability to nurse a baby, cook dinner, and
sew a button on a shirt, all at the same time?

Or is it in her heart?

Is it the ache you feel when you watch your son or daughter
disappear down the street, walking to school alone for the
very first time?

The jolt that takes you from sleep to dread, from bed to
crib at 2 A.M. to put your hand on the back of a sleeping
baby?

The panic, years later, that comes again at 2 A.M. when you
just want to hear their key in the door and know they are
safe again in your home?

Or the need to flee from wherever you are and hug your child
when you hear news of a fire, a car accident, a child dying?

The emotions of motherhood are universal and so our thoughts
are for young mothers stumbling through diaper changes and
sleep deprivation... And mature mothers learning to let go.

For working mothers and stay-at-home mothers.

Single mothers and married mothers.

Mothers with money, mothers without.

This is for you all. For all of us...

Hang in there. In the end we can only do the best we can.
Tell them every day that we love them. And pray and never
stop being a mom.
LizSwickley and muscrat like this post.
Old 05-11-2013, 03:18 PM   #3191
Stazon Splitcoast

Caterina- thanks for the mother's day poem.
Attached Thumbnails
happy-mothers-day.jpg  

Joan
muscrat likes this post.
Old 05-12-2013, 09:46 AM   #3192
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!!

Dear Mother

Mother, you were like a flower—
Put on this earth to bloom—
Resplendent in your beauty,
But wilted far too soon.

You added comfort to our lives,
Just as a flower would;
But even flowers fade and die:
We'd keep them if we could.

But when the blossom shrivels up,
And drops into the ground,
It never ever dies in vain.
It scatters seeds around.

Although you're gone away from us,
And we'll miss you very much,
There's no one who came near to you
Whose life you did not touch.

In Loving Memory Of My Mother

~Helen Dowd
muscrat likes this post.
Old 05-15-2013, 01:12 PM   #3193
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Be Thankful

Be thankful that you don't already have everything you desire.
If you did, what would there be to look forward to?

Be thankful when you don't know something,
for it gives you the opportunity to learn.

Be thankful for the difficult times.
During those times you grow.

Be thankful for your limitations,
because they give you opportunities for improvement.

Be thankful for each new challenge,
because it will build your strength and character.

Be thankful for your mistakes.
They will teach you valuable lessons.

Be thankful when you're tired and weary,
because it means you've made a difference.

It's easy to be thankful for the good things.
A life of rich fulfillment comes to those who are also thankful for the setbacks.

Gratitude can turn a negative into a positive.
Find a way to be thankful for your troubles, and they can become your blessings.

~ Helen Dowd ~
Old 05-16-2013, 07:54 AM   #3194
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

I Can, I Can!

As I'm driving down the road,
I thank God for this old van.
Like me, it's in its last days,
But it sings, "I can! I can!"

It gets thirsty for water,
Steering fluid and even oil.
The air conditioner won't work,
And it needs a heater coil.

It has a good foundation.
The tires are holding up.
It even has a cup holder
To hold one's coffee cup.

The seats are very comfortable,
And the windshield wipers swipe,
So I can really be thankful,
And I have ceased to gripe.

Every time I drive this van,
I just pray a little prayer.
"Thank you for this van, O God,
Please let it get me there."

muscrat likes this post.
Old 05-17-2013, 07:55 AM   #3195
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Being close to others and loving your fellow man is a very important part of this life. Too often we judge others and keep them at arm's length. This video will inspire you to be welcome any of God's children with open arms! Hugs are truly powerful.

Touching Video About the Power of Hugs Will Move You
muscrat likes this post.
Old 05-17-2013, 05:00 PM   #3196
Stazon Splitcoast

thanks Caterina for the reminder!

Sending HUGS to all!

Joan
muscrat likes this post.
Old 05-17-2013, 06:06 PM   #3197
Proud Fan Club Member

Just today I was thinking of how I sometimes judge people without knowing them and how much I want to change that! Thanks Caterina....
Old 05-19-2013, 03:53 PM   #3198
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Love Is Understanding
Do you know what the most common craving is among pregnant women? (I'm sure this is factual.) The most common craving among pregnant women is not spicy food, pickles or ice cream. Not even close. It is for MEN to get pregnant.

Why? Because then they would know what it is like. Then they might be more patient. What most women need during times of cravings, discomfort, swollen ankles and morning sickness is...understanding. Much of our conflict is the result of MISunderstanding.

As a new bride, one woman moved into the small home on her husband's ranch in the mountains. She put a shoe box on a shelf in her closet and asked her husband never to touch it.

For 50 years he left the box alone, until his life partner was old and dying. One day when he was putting their affairs in order, he found the box again and thought it might hold something important.

Opening it, he discovered two doilies and $82,500 in cash. He took the box to her and asked about the contents.

"My mother gave me that box the day we married," she explained. "She told me to make a doily to help ease my frustrations every time I got mad at you."

Her husband was touched that in 50 years she'd only been upset enough to make two doilies. "What about the $82,500?" he asked.

She explained, "Oh, well that's the money I've made selling the doilies."

Making doilies might take your mind off the problem, but nothing will change if you don't address it. The path from conflict to love is not by way of arts and crafts, it is through the gates of conversation and understanding.

You've heard it said: "Love is patient and kind." Patient and kind, yes, but love is also understanding. Maybe that's what makes it so lovely.

~ Steve Goodier ~
Old 05-22-2013, 03:03 PM   #3199
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Thank God for Miracles

It took a miracle from above
To create the world we see,
And it took a miracle of love
When Christ died on Calvary.
It took a miracle of God's power
To raise Jesus from the grave,
And it takes a miracle this hour…
For a lost soul to be saved…
Thank God for Miracles.

Yes, it takes a miracle of grace
To redeem a sinful soul,
And a wondrous miracle takes place
When God warms a heart grown cold.
Our Lord is good at miracles, friend,
His love and mercy are great,
His arm is stretched out to heal and mend…
And lift to a holy state…
Thank God for Miracles.

When we humbly serve our Lord each day,
And walk on the righteous path,
We see miracles along the way…
Souls saved from judgment and wrath.
Nothing is too hard for our great God
Who gives life forevermore…
Receive Jesus Christ, the Son of God,
And you'll enter heaven's door...
Thank God for Miracles.
muscrat likes this post.
Old 05-24-2013, 01:39 PM   #3200
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Be With Me Lord

Hold me close, loving presence,
Be with me through the night hours;
Be with me through the day.
Hold thou my hand;
Guide thou my feet;
Comfort thou my heart.
Fill me with new resolve and a knowing all is well.
I trust myself, my life, my hopes, my dreams, my future,
to your care. Where I am, You are.
In my need, You answer me.
In my joy, You smile upon me.
When I cannot fathom the whys and werefores,
Your light shines steadily, beckoning me on to Truth
as yet unknown, to depths of
understanding as yet unguessed at.
Be with me Lord.
Hold me close today, tomorrow and in the days to come.
I am holding your hand.
I shall not fear.
Thank You, loving Lord.

AUTHOR UNKNOWN.
muscrat likes this post.