Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree463Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-28-2013, 07:33 AM   #3081
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

The Arbor

Behind an apartment at the edge of town stands an arbor. Six feet high, it was designed and built to support climbing plants, and it has been put to good use. The residents have planted climbing roses at the base of the arbor posts, and then added trellises to help the roses climb to the top. Beneath the arbor are shrubs, flowering bushes, and statuary. Hanging from the rungs at the top are bird-feeders. The arbor is beautiful to see, and undoubtedly a source of great pleasure to its owners.

Nearby sits a second arbor. Almost identical to the first, it stands stark, bare, and unused. Its sole adornment is a fading, yellow thermometer, nailed to one of the posts. With nothing to cover it, the wood appears much older and more weathered. A monument to futility and unrealized purpose, the second arbor stands stark, bare, and wasted.

Your life stands like an arbor, a gift from God, waiting to be used. You can choose to complain that your arbor is too short, or too weathered, or not as nice as somebody else's, or you can start planting. God is not going to judge you on whether your life flowered as beautifully as someone else's. But God will judge you on whether you used what he gave you or not.

Beethoven could have complained that his hearing was worse than others, and excused himself from even trying. He chose to plant instead, and in the process, revolutionized music.

The famous physicist Steven Hawking could have complained that few other people have to cope with a debilitating illness like his. Instead, he chose to plant, and revolutionized the science of physics.

For every arbor larger than yours, I can show you one that is smaller or more dilapidated or more limited. The choice is yours: complain, or start planting.

Your life is God's gift to you. What you make of it is your gift to God.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-29-2013, 06:25 AM   #3082
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

The Forgotten Light

Turn left, right, or out of sight
I realize I am lost
I scan around for some light
And debate all the costs
As I stumble on my own
I doubt of my findings
For great divine light to show
Me to understanding
The emerald trees hide my way
And I just cannot see
Also as the clouds today
Decide to rain on me
I trudge through the dreary wood
As if it could not help
Lift my spirit as it should
Out of crying itself
My tears melt into the rain
I wonder of some warmth
To illuminate my way
And ease me from my storm
I recall past lessons learned
About patience, prayer, Christ,
And faith much righteously earned
During a painful life
I realize I forgot these
Very important notes
In remembrance to believe
I am never alone
To earn these much valued notes
I forget my standings
And kneel in a muddy moat
For His light to guide me
Throughout my apology
I wonder if He will
Bless me in humility
And call the skies to still
Once several minutes linger
I end my prayer in peace
And leave alone an eager
Plead for the storm to leave me
Unexpectedly I see
The grey clouds roll away
As divine sunshine now beams
And lights up my lost way
Old 01-30-2013, 01:14 PM   #3083
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Life is a Potluck Dinner

When I was a boy our church would sometimes have potluck dinners in the church basement. Tables would run from wall to wall as sixty people would crowd in for the feast. The serving table would always be groaning under the weight of all the different dishes people brought. There would be baked ham, turkey, mashed potatoes, rolls, lasagna, green beans, brown beans, corn bread, pies, and cakes ready to fill every stomach and warm every heart. Children would be running in and out while adults talked and laughed and enjoyed being together. Soon grace would be said and the plates would be stacked high with all the fantastic food. It was such a wonderful time. Everyone was happy. The happiest of all seemed to be the Mothers and Grandmothers who had spent so much time cooking the wonderful delights before us. They got to not only enjoy the dinner themselves but also to see everyone else enjoying the meal they had prepared. And that is what gave them their most joyous smiles.

Life can be a lot like a potluck dinner at times. There are so many different and wonderful things to feast upon. There are so many delicious dishes to delight in. The greatest joy of all, though, comes from sharing what you bring to the table. The most lasting happiness of all comes from feeding others from your own heart, soul, and mind.

Are you ready to bring your own course to the feast of life? God gave you something special to prepare and to share. It is up to you, however, to bring it to the table. You are the cook of your own goodness, your own love, and your own life. Put on your apron then, throw in a dash of delight, and make it the best dish you can. Then bring it to the table and set it down with a smile. You will be amazed at how much it will add to the feast. You will be overjoyed at how much you will nourish the souls of everyone around you.
Old 01-31-2013, 06:19 PM   #3084
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

How Cold Is It?

+70 Californians put on sweaters.

+60 Miami residents turn on the heat.

+50 Vermont residents go to outdoor concert.

+40 You can see your breath.
Californians shiver uncontrollably.
Minnesotans go swimming.

+35 Italian cars don't start.

+32 Water freezes.

+30 You plan your vacation in Australia.

+25 Ohio water freezes.
Californians weep pitiably.
Minnesotans eat ice cream.
Canadians go swimming.

+20 Politicians begin to talk about the homeless.
New York City water freezes.
Miami residents plan vacation further south.

+15 French cars don't start.
Cat insists on sleeping with you.

+10 You need jumper cables to get the car going.

+05 American cars don't start.

0 Alaskans put on T-shirts.

-10 German cars don't start.
Eyes freeze shut when you blink.

-15 You can cut your breath and use it to build an igloo.
Arkansans stick tongues on metal objects.
Miami residents cease to exist.

-20 Cat insists on sleeping in pajamas with you.
Politicians actually do something about the homeless.
Minnesotans shovel snow off roof.
Japanese cars don't start.

-25 Too cold to think.
You need jumper cables to get the driver going.

-30 You plan a two week hot bath.
Swedish cars don't start.

-40 Californians disappear.
Minnesotans button top button.
Canadians put on sweater.
Your cat helps you plan your trip south.

-50 Congressional hot air freezes.
Alaskans close the bathroom window.

-80 Hell freezes over.
Polar bears move south.
Green Bay Packer fans order hot cocoa at the game.

-90 Lawyers put their hands in their own pockets.

-100 Canadian buildings turn off air conditioning.

Old 02-01-2013, 08:43 AM   #3085
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Say YES to Life

Each day is a gift to you so enjoy it and say yes to life.
The clouds vanish when you see yourself as the beautiful person you are.
The wind of circumstances change when you greet the world with a radiant smile.
Remember when there is a hill to be climbed there will be strength to climb it.

Your most valuable possession is your attitude, with it you win or lose.
When you think like an overcomer and feel like an overcomer, you will
overcome. You're in charge, so spend less time fretting and more time laughing.
Your life will sparkle when you learn the power of love.

Do all the good you can as much as you can, the best you can.
Live a full life and live it enthusiastically and wisely
Give of yourself unselfishly and be a blessing to others
Leave a fragrance of love wherever you go to everyone you meet.

Fill your mind with thoughts of peace, joy and hope.
Make gratitude a part of your day and give thanks for your blessings.
Acknowledge your strengths and work on your weaknesses.
Begin your day with prayer as part of your daily routine

Leave yesterday behind and live in the now.
Learn from your mistakes and improve as you go.
Turn your struggles into stepping stones.
Above all, accept yourself, like yourself, and say yes to life!

~ Lenora McWhorter

Old 02-01-2013, 06:27 PM   #3086
Inking Addict

Dear Caterina,
You have been on Splitcoast for many years, or at least it seems. Your gentle spirit and loving personality- I am sure you have blessed and comforted many people. May God bless you richly in return for your servant's heart.
Thank you. You don't realize all the good you do.
Hugs.
Lisa
Old 02-02-2013, 08:10 AM   #3087
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by stamp2bless View Post
Dear Caterina,
You have been on Splitcoast for many years, or at least it seems. Your gentle spirit and loving personality- I am sure you have blessed and comforted many people. May God bless you richly in return for your servant's heart.
Thank you. You don't realize all the good you do.
Hugs.
Lisa
Oh Lisa, you brought tears to my eyes with your sweet post. Thank you for your gracious encouragement! God bless you!
Old 02-03-2013, 08:25 AM   #3088
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Looking At The Heavens

I am finding myself looking at the heavens a lot more these days. I am trying to watch and enjoy as many sunrises and sunsets as I can, and I am letting their beauty fill my soul with happiness. I love seeing God paint the heavens with glorious reds, purples, pinks, oranges, and golds. I love gazing with wonder at these ever-changing masterpieces. Every sunrise feels like God is welcoming us to a new day full of wonder and delight. Every sunset feels like God is kissing us goodnight and wishing us sweet dreams. Every time I look at them too I feel God's peace and joy, and I know that I am loved by the greatest love imaginable.

Looking at the heavens helps me to feel the Heaven inside myself too. When I gaze at the sky and witness God's glorious creation I want to thank God for my own life and all the wonderful blessings in it. When I stare at those beautiful sunrises and sunsets I happily remember that I am here to live a beautiful life full of peace and love myself. When I look at those bright heavens each day of my life I want to share the Heaven in my own soul as well.

Every day the sun rises again in the morning sky. It's welcoming beauty and light is always there even if it is sometimes hidden by the clouds. Every evening the sun sets in the night sky but not without a promise of even more beauty and light the next day. Take some time today to look up at the heavens then. Take some time today to find the Heaven within yourself. Take some time today to make your own life a Heavenly light full of love, joy, peace, happiness, goodness, and delight. Take some time today to share that light with the world and show others that they can do the same. Take some time today to remember that God loves you and wants you to live a life as joyful as the sunrise and as beautiful as the setting sun.
Old 02-04-2013, 04:11 PM   #3089
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Feeling Thankful

A man lay in a hospital bed worried about whether he would live or die. He called his pastor to come pray for him. He told her that if he got well, he'd donate $20,000 to the church.

The pastor prayed and the man eventually DID get well and returned home. But no check came to the church. So the pastor paid him a visit.

"I see you're doing quite well now," she observed. "I was just wondering about the promise you made."

"What promise?" he asked.

"You said you'd give $20,000 to the church if you recovered."

"I did?" he exclaimed. "That goes to show you just how sick I really was!"

It is easy to give thanks -- or to show it -- when we feel grateful. But gratitude is not a feeling we can manufacture. Nor are we born feeling grateful.

Children are not thankful by nature. We teach them to say thanks and, in time, they develop stronger feelings of gratitude. My children could talk before they were weaned from diapers, but one thing they never said was, "Thank your for changing my dirty diapers. Dad, I know that is a messy job. I appreciate all you are doing for me." Too bad. Sometimes I deserved a BIG thank you.

When they were sick, they never thanked us for sitting up with them at night. And when they became car sick at the beginning of a road trip, they never said thanks for cleaning it up. Even though their mother and I spent almost a half hour scrubbing the carpet in a convenience store parking lot at seven degrees below zero (our metric system readers will recognize that as -22 degrees Celsius), they never did said, "Gosh, guys, you're the greatest parents ever! We are SO lucky to be part of this family."

Naturally, we wouldn't expect small children to thank their parents for being parents. And for most people, feelings of gratitude come with empathy as we mature.

But can we learn to feel more thankful? Here are three simple steps to help anybody live more thankfully and to respond more authentically.

First, recognize WHEN a thankful response is appropriate. We take for granted too many of the things that we should be giving thanks for.

Second, spend a moment reflecting on how another's thoughtfulness makes you feel. Be intentional about this.

Then third, from a sincere feeling of gratitude, give thanks. When you do, you will also discover that you are becoming a happier person.
Old 02-05-2013, 07:33 AM   #3090
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

You Can See God

I sat at my desk staring at the letter for a long time. It was written by a friend of mine who was going through some difficult times. It listed problem after problem and seemed full of despair. It ended with these words: "I would like to have faith, but I have always had a problem in believing in what I can't see. You can't see God, you know!"

After awhile I still hadn't thought of how to answer my friend's letter and help him. Hoping a walk would help, I put a lease on one of my dogs and headed out the back door. The warm, golden sunshine of Spring warmed my face as soon as I stepped off the porch. A fresh breeze carried the scent of a thousand budding trees on it. A butterfly danced above a patch of dandelions floating from flower to flower. Robins were flying back and forth to the Maple tree in my backyard carrying fresh grass and twigs to reline their nests. Across the road my new neighbor's children were playing in her backyard with a big ball. It was such a delight seeing her toddler chasing after it with such joy.

I felt a nuzzle against my leg and looked down to see my dog cuddling in for a hug. I smiled and scratched his head while the laughter of the children and the sound of crickets in the woods blended together to create a unique and beautiful music. I started to walk back inside and saw my own son grinning at me from the window. Most of the world could only see his mental handicaps, but when I looked at him then his eyes sparkled with a divine light. I waved to him and laughed when his older sister snuck up behind him and wrapped him in a loving hug.

When I got back inside, I knew what to write. I went to my friend's letter and wrote of everything I had just seen, smelled, heard, and felt in those brief moments outside. Then I finished by writing this:

"I think we all can see God! We just need to know where to look!"

Old 02-06-2013, 03:33 PM   #3091
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

I'll Paint You A Rainbow
Grace E. Easley

I'll paint you a rainbow to hang on the wall,

to brighten your heart when the gray shadows fall.
On a canvas of joy outlasting the years,
with a soft brush of sweetness to dry all your tears.
I'll paint you a rainbow with colors of smiles
That glow with sincerity over the miles.
On a palette of words I will tenderly blend
Tones into treasures of sunlight and wind.

I'll paint you a rainbow that reaches so wide,

Your sights and your sorrows will vanish inside,
And deep in the center of each different hue,
A memory fashioned especially for you.
So lift up your eyes, for suspended above,
A rainbow designed by the Finger of Love...
Old 02-07-2013, 03:50 PM   #3092
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

A Fresh Start

I was able to make a fresh start recently. It felt so good to be able to put all of those past mistakes behind me. It felt so wonderful to be able to look towards the future with clear eyes and a clean heart. It felt so glorious to greet the new day with a peaceful mind and a joyful soul.

I didn't get my fresh start by moving to another town, however. I didn't get it by starting a new job. I didn't get it by going on vacation. I didn't get it by buying something either. I didn't get it by changing the world around me at all. Those types of changes never work anyway. You can't clean your house by sweeping the sidewalk, after all.

How did I get my fresh start then? Why, I simply opened my eyes this morning. You see, everyday of our lives can be a fresh start if we wish. Each new morning is another gift from God when we can begin again to clean our house within and to live our lives better than we did before. Each new day is a fresh beginning to choose love, create joy, spread laughter, help others, and give something back to the world. Each new moment is another chance to share a hug, a smile, a compliment, or an act of kindness. It doesn't matter how many mistakes we have made, wrong turns we have taken, or days we have wasted. We all can begin again this morning, this day, and right now. God is there waiting to help us to live and love as we were meant to.

There is an old saying that goes, "If you wake up breathing, you have another chance." Don't waste your chance today. Make your fresh start now. Wake up this morning and say, "Good morning God! Thank you for my life!" Then go out and live it in joy, love, and oneness with Him. Open your heart, soul, and mind to the love, goodness, and delight that is all around you. Share all the wonder, talent, compassion, and uniqueness that is within you. Help to build a better world with the life you live in it. And seize each new day as a fresh start to live and love.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:12 AM   #3093
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Enjoy watching this little toddler - you will not believe your eyes.

Titus is just a little guy, but he has one of the most amazing God-given talents we have ever seen! You'll need to watch this video to believe just how talented he is with a basketball, wow!

Tiny Toddler Has a Phenomenal Talent You Need to See to Believe
Old 02-09-2013, 09:01 AM   #3094
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Learning to Fly

My neighbor has a number of mature spruce trees in his back yard and every year a family of magpies nests in one of them. We are blessed that our back yard often becomes the place for magpie flight school.

The young birds work their way to the end of a branch, and sit there squawking for a while. Mother magpie is never far away, encouraging the young ones to try again. A nest of magpies can make a lot of noise when it is time to learn to fly.

After working up enough nerve and making a suitable amount of noise the young birds jump, spread their wings and drop to the ground. Squawking some more, they eventually jump up from branch to branch to climb back up the tree, and repeat the process.

The young one goes back to the end of the branch, makes enough noise to work up its nerve and tries it again.

Sometime during the process, they actually get airborne and soar a bit. The first time they soar, it frightens them and they land quickly, unsure of what just happened. Eventually though, they get the idea and fly and soar at will.

As Christians we are often like those young magpies, we stay near the nest and make a lot of noise. Sometimes we take a brief leap, then make a lot of noise over the attempt and head for home.

Other times we actually get to fly a bit, and it surprises and frightens us. We knew it was possible, but we didn't really think it could happen to us and we stop in disbelief.

Now and then though, we get the idea and actually begin to do what we are called to do and fly. To soar, empowered by Holy Spirit. We begin to become the people of God that we are called to be. Other people see us soaring and the sight turns their mind towards God.

Each of us is called to work in different ministries. Each of us is at a different point in our faith walk.

Perhaps you haven't yet broken out of the egg or left the nest. Perhaps you are standing on the edge of the branch squawking in excitement and fear preparing to jump. Maybe you have just soared and it surprised you. Perhaps you are like the mother magpie, knowing you can soar and that it is your duty to encourage others.

Where ever you are in your walk, know that we are called to soar and are empowered to soar, all for the glory of God.

"But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." - Isaiah 40:31

Do not grow tired of the attempt -- know that the Father has prepared a ministry for you to excel at; to soar and bring Him glory. May you find that ministry and soar in His presence, as He intended, according to his plan. God bless.
Old 02-09-2013, 03:00 PM   #3095
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by caterinafmig View Post
Enjoy watching this little toddler - you will not believe your eyes.

Titus is just a little guy, but he has one of the most amazing God-given talents we have ever seen! You'll need to watch this video to believe just how talented he is with a basketball, wow!

Tiny Toddler Has a Phenomenal Talent You Need to See to Believe
That was adorable! I'm still smiling!
Old 02-10-2013, 07:48 AM   #3096
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscrat View Post
That was adorable! I'm still smiling!

He is an amazing little guy... glad you liked it!
Old 02-10-2013, 07:50 AM   #3097
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Some encouragement for Sunday

…God has chosen the weak things of the world to put to shame the things which are mighty; and the base things of the world and the things which are despised God has chosen…to bring to nothing the things that are.
1 Corinthians 1:27–28

God Uses What Man Deems Useless

There was once an old donkey that decided to go somewhere deserted to spend its last days. It found a suitable place, lay down and died after a few days. God looked down at the donkey and said, “I can’t use this donkey.”

Along came the vultures and foxes, picking off chunks of flesh from the donkey. It was a sorry sight. God looked down at the donkey and said, “I still can’t use this donkey.” Then, the ants and other critters of the wilderness came, and cleared up what the vultures and foxes had left behind. The donkey was now just a skeleton, but God still couldn’t use it.

Days and weeks passed, the burning sun scorching the bones of the donkey till they were totally dry and white. God looked down at what was left of the donkey and said, “Now I can use the donkey!”

Then along came Samson with his seven locks dancing in the wind. The man looked around for a weapon to wield against his enemies, and found…just an old dried up jawbone of a donkey. And with the seemingly useless and worthless jawbone, he slew a thousand men (Judges 15:11–17).

My friend, God uses what the world deems useless and past its shelf life to accomplish amazing feats. That’s just His style. So if people have written you off, called you “useless” or treated you as insignificant, get ready! God can and is about to use you to do the impossible. He’ll transform and empower you to do what you and your critics never dreamed possible!
Old 02-11-2013, 07:00 AM   #3098
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Do All the Good You Can

Someone advised, "If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague."

You've probably heard it said that it's nice to be important, but it's important to be nice. And there's truth in that. But isn't there something even more important than being nice? More important even that being good? What about DOING good? What about standing up and being counted? When courageous people take unpopular stances, they aren't always seen by their opposition in a soft and gentle light.

Not too long into the American Civil War the Union finally won a victory at Antietam. President Lincoln used the occasion to produce a proclamation to free American slaves. He called his cabinet together and laid the document before them. He had been shaking the hands of well-wishers all morning and his arm and hand were stiff. He rested his arm and spoke to Secretary of State William Seward.

"If my name ever goes into history, it will be for this act, and my whole soul is in it. If my hand trembles when I sign the Proclamation, all who examine the document hereafter will say, `He hesitated.'"

Then he picked up a pen and signed "Abraham Lincoln" in bold writing. There were a large number of people that day who would not have used the word "nice" to describe his action. In fact, a great many not only couldn't say anything kind, they couldn't even be vague. He was slandered, maligned and demonized. But that signature, coupled with a later Union victory, changed the course of history forever. American slaves were finally to be freed.

How many slave-owners of the day were reputed to be nice people? And in most areas of their lives, many probably were. But there comes a time for each of us to stand up and do right thing. To DO good. I hope that that my personal moral code will always be broader than simply trying to be a pleasant person. I hope I don't back down when I have a chance to DO good, to make a real difference, even at a cost.

I don't think it was never put better by anyone than by eighteenth century church reformer John Wesley.

"Do all the good you can,
by all the means you can,
in all the ways you can,
in all the places you can,
at all the times you can,
to all the people you can,
as long as ever you can."

What if we tried to live by the motto: DO all the good you can? Now, THAT would be nice.

~Steve Goodier
Old 02-13-2013, 08:49 AM   #3099
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Time for some chuckles...

Puns: The Tates

Do you know how many members of the TATE family belong to
our organization?

There is old man DICK TATE who wants to run everything,
while Uncle RO TATE tries to change everything.

Their sister, AGI TATE, stirs up plenty of trouble with help
from her husband, IRRI TATE.

Whenever new projects are suggested, HESI TATE and his wife,
VEGI TATE, want to wait until next year.

Brother FACILI TATE is quite helpful in group matters.

And a happy member is Ms. FELICI TATE.

Cousins COGI TATE and MEDI TATE always think things over and
lend a helpful steady hand.

And, of course, there is the bad seed in the family, AMPU
TATE, who has cut himself off completely from the rest of
the organization.

Old 02-14-2013, 08:30 AM   #3100
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

He Loved

I stared at the blank page nervously. The school assignment was to write your own obituary but how was I supposed to write a summation of my life when I hadn't even lived it yet? I looked to my left and right and saw people pouring paragraphs out of their pens. I tried to think of what I wanted to accomplish in my life but my crazily racing thoughts crashed into each other. I glanced back at my clean sheet of paper and my writer's block intensified. I tried to imagine the man I wanted to become but couldn't see him clearly. Looking up at the clock on the wall I saw that there were only fifteen minutes left in class. Finally, in a panic I scribbled down a few sentences of what I hoped someday to do and turned it in. Let's just say when I got the paper back it wasn't the highest grade I had ever gotten.

If I had that assignment to do over today, however, I think that my obituary would be even shorter. It would probably get me an F on the assignment, but it would get me an A in life. In fact, I would sum it up in two words: He Loved. To love is what I want to do today, tomorrow, and for the rest of my life. To love is what living is all about. The rest is just details.

Everything about living well and good and right is wrapped up in the arms of love. To love is to serve, to give, to be kind, and to help others. To love is to have joy and to bring joy as well. To love is to make this world a better place just by being in it. To love is to create a little Heaven everyday while still here on Earth. To love is to be the wonderful child, caring parent, tender spouse, fantastic friend, and beautiful person that you have always wanted to be. To love is to become the bright, shining soul that God meant for you to become.

Fill your days with love then and you will have truly lived. Fill yourself with love and you will be the best possible you. Fill your life with love and your obituary will take care of itself.

~ Joseph J. Mazzella
Old 02-15-2013, 10:41 AM   #3101
Compulsive Stamper

I could use some encouragement. My sweet dog had to be put down 1 1/2 weeks ago, my brother died last week and my father is currently on hospice. The road has been very heavy to walk lately. Mom has some kidney issues that are very serious and we didn't get good news at the dr's last week. It is quite possible I will be burying 3 of my family members all within a very short time frame. I am the only one able to tend to these matters as my parents are currently on memory care status in the care home they live in.

I have a high degree of faith in God but, even so, the load I carry is almost unbearable. My heart is very, very sad this week.
Old 02-15-2013, 11:07 AM   #3102
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyLouStamps View Post
I could use some encouragement. My sweet dog had to be put down 1 1/2 weeks ago, my brother died last week and my father is currently on hospice. The road has been very heavy to walk lately. Mom has some kidney issues that are very serious and we didn't get good news at the dr's last week. It is quite possible I will be burying 3 of my family members all within a very short time frame. I am the only one able to tend to these matters as my parents are currently on memory care status in the care home they live in.

I have a high degree of faith in God but, even so, the load I carry is almost unbearable. My heart is very, very sad this week.

Dearest sweet Cindy, what a terrible road you are walking right now and cannot imagine the heaviness on your heart... and it is okay to express your feelings of sadness and how unbearable all of this is. Please know that the Lord not only knows of your pain but He also feels it because He cares so very much for you and your situation.

Asking, trusting and believing the Lord will uphold you in a very special way as only He can as He showers down His loving mercy, grace, comfort, love and His peace which goes beyond human understanding.

Have been in a similar situation and it is difficult. This is a place you can safely come to be encourage and refreshed so please keep us updated.

Asking God to meet your needs, encourage your heart and fulfill all His plans for you.

Lord, When we're weary, You're our strength.
(Isaiah 40:31)

When we're afraid, You're our courage.
(Deuteronomy 31:6)

When we're uncertain, You're our hope.
(Psalm 42:5)

Whatever our circumstance,
You're all we need...and more.
(Philippians 4:19)
Old 02-15-2013, 11:07 AM   #3103
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

When I feel low, I picture myself crawling up on Jesus' lap and having him wrap his arms around me and hold me. I know nothing that I say can change your circumstances, but know that I am praying for you now.
Old 02-15-2013, 12:52 PM   #3104
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

I've just stopped to pray for you. I'm so very sorry for all the tribulation you are going through. The Lord will give you the strength you need, moment by moment, and He will walk through this with you. Please keep us updated so we can continue to pray for you and your family.

~ Rita
Old 02-18-2013, 06:20 PM   #3105
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Embracing Spring

After a long, cold, and rough Winter I am patiently counting the days now until Spring arrives here in the mountains of my home. It will be so glorious to see the rebirth of the world once again. Soon the first dandelion will cautiously poke its head through the ground to delight in the newly warm air. Soon the Apple, Dogwood, and Cherry trees will awaken and fill their limbs with brilliant and fragrant blossoms. Soon the mountains will turn a thousand shades of green as the leaves appear and every glance at them will bring a smile to my face. Soon the meadows will be full of fresh, new grass that will an inviting carpet for any barefoot child to walk on. Soon the skies will be full of returning birds and their Heavenly songs will make my heart sing as well. Soon the gentle breezes will carry the dance of the butterflies as they float happily from flower to flower. Soon the beautiful sounds of talking neighbors, laughing teenagers, and playing children will fill the air as everyone ventures out to enjoy the mild temperatures and golden sunshine.

When those days get here I will embrace them with all of my heart, soul, and mind. I will look to the Heavens as well and thank God for once again bringing new life to this world. Most of all, though, I will seek out the Springtime within myself and continue to share it with everyone I meet.

You see, God blesses the world with Spring once a year but blesses us with Spring everyday of our lives. Each time we pray, share our love, spread our joy, stop to help another, or do a single act of kindness it is once again Springtime in our souls. Embrace the Springtime in within you then no matter what the season. Live from the eternal Spring of life, goodness, and love that God gives you and help Him renew this world each and everyday. Spring is the season of new life. May your Springtime last forever.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:19 PM   #3106
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

This is quite a story about ‘’another generation’’.
The phrase ‘’til death do us part’’ is not always applicable.

WWII Widow's Journey for Reconciliation - CBS Sunday Morning - 6-10-12 - YouTube
Old 02-21-2013, 05:34 AM   #3107
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
This is quite a story about ‘’another generation’’.
The phrase ‘’til death do us part’’ is not always applicable.

WWII Widow's Journey for Reconciliation - CBS Sunday Morning - 6-10-12 - YouTube
A beautiful story....
Old 02-21-2013, 06:19 AM   #3108
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
A beautiful story....

Glad you enjoyed it, Kathy. Hope you are doing well.
Old 02-21-2013, 07:05 AM   #3109
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Seize The Moment

With haste we travel life's highway
How soon the moments seem to flee
Weeks, months and years become a score
Brevity of life -- it's there to see

Amid the clamor to pursue and attain
The roses we may fail to smell
Then opportunity passes by
Leaving but an empty shell

It's true we do have daily task
Demands may seem to overwhelm
But let us not our vision loose
Of priorities in our realm

Seize the moment! Seize the moment!
To share with someone who is dear
Some simple gesture, word or deed
Both are the winners - that is clear

Yesterday gave memories - today opportunities
But tomorrow, God only knows our plight
The things we choose and cherish most
Could from our grasp be lost tonight

So with that someone, take the time
To do that which you know is right
Just seize the moment - don't let it flee
Ere a sunny day -- has taken flight

~ Colan L. Hiatt ~
Old 02-21-2013, 10:44 AM   #3110
Stazon Splitcoast

Caterina- Love "Seize the moment"

Be who you are and say what you mean.
Because those who mind don’t matter those who matter don’t mind.
Dr. Seuss!

Joan
Old 02-22-2013, 06:03 AM   #3111
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

One Glass of Milk

One day, a poor boy who was selling goods from door to door to pay his way through school, found he had only one thin dime left, and he was hungry. He decided he would ask for a meal at the next house. However, he lost his nerve when a lovely young woman opened the door. Instead of a meal he asked for a drink of water. She thought he looked hungry so brought him a large glass of milk. He drank it slowly, and then asked, "How much do I owe you?"

"You don't owe me anything," she replied. "Mother has taught us never to accept pay for a kindness."

He said, "Then I thank you from my heart."

As Howard Kelly left that house, he not only felt stronger physically, but his faith in God and man was strong also. He had been ready to give up and quit.

Year's later that young woman became critically ill. The local doctors were baffled. They finally sent her to the big city, where they called in specialists to study her rare disease. Dr. Howard Kelly was called in for the consultation.

When he heard the name of the town she came from, a strange light filled his eyes. Immediately he rose and went down the hall of the hospital to her room. Dressed in his doctor's gown he went in to see her. He recognized her at once. He went back to the consultation room determined to do his best to save her life. From that day he gave special attention to the case.

After a long struggle, the battle was won. Dr. Kelly requested the business office to pass the final bill to him for approval. He looked at it, then wrote something on the edge and the bill was sent to her room. She feared to open it, for she was sure it would take the rest of her life to pay for it all. Finally she looked, and something caught her attention on the side of the bill. She read these words:

PAID IN FULL WITH ONE GLASS OF MILK.

(Signed) Dr. Howard Kelly

Tears of joy flooded her eyes as her happy heart prayed: Thank You, God, that Your love is shed abroad through human hearts and hands.

"He which sows sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which sows bountifully shall reap also bountifully." - 2 Corinthians 9:6
Old 02-23-2013, 06:34 AM   #3112
Proud Fan Club Member

Heard something that was meant just for me yesterday on the radio and thought I would share. It was Crawford Loritts speaking on "A Sure Cure for Fear". It was on found on Living a Legacy.org

Click on Feb. 22 air date.
Old 02-23-2013, 09:18 AM   #3113
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Heard something that was meant just for me yesterday on the radio and thought I would share. It was Crawford Loritts speaking on "A Sure Cure for Fear". It was on found on Living a Legacy.org

Click on Feb. 22 air date.

Thank you
Old 02-23-2013, 09:18 AM   #3114
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

This is just way too funny...

Hilarious Comedian Shares Why Men Shouldn't Go to the Grocery Store
Old 02-23-2013, 12:03 PM   #3115
Proud Fan Club Member

That was so funny!!!
Old 02-26-2013, 06:29 AM   #3116
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Spring Creation From God

From the beginning till right now
God created spring for all to endow
For spring to create and recreate
Itself anew every year to the date
Since he laid the founding success
Spring season is a normal process
Spring is a seasonal time of year
That feels like winter's still near
These cold or cool temperatures
Finally turn to warm temperatures
The dead trees lifely bloom forth
The flowers start growing forth
Grass begins to look bright green
Spring is alive and on the scene
The birds are outside and around
They use to be hiddenly unfound
The dogs and cats are so enjoying
The mid and late season of spring
Because it is a warmer weather
For them to love a little better
Spring means everything grows
Spring season rebirth god knows
The spring season is from lord god
Who also agrees with a positive nod.

~ Meshelle Brown
Old 02-26-2013, 08:01 PM   #3117
Kookie Creator

Quote:
hehehehee!!!! good one!
Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.-Ephesians 4:32
Old 02-28-2013, 08:08 AM   #3118
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by steadybeadin View Post
hehehehee!!!! good one!

Glad you enjoyed it!
Old 02-28-2013, 08:09 AM   #3119
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

In His Garden

In His garden, there are flowers
that blossom in the sun.
They open in the morning
and close when day is done.

Some bloom in early springtime,
just after winter's chill,
and some in heat of summer
seem to cover every hill.

They come in lovely colors,
from bright to palest hue
and the sweetest time to smell them
is when they're damp with dew.

Yes, everyone loves flowers,
but I think that you should know
there are other things of beauty
that in His garden grow.

There are stalks of hardy grasses
and frilly fronds of fern,
prickly growth of cactus
and colorful leaves that turn.

Just like people, all are different;
unique, just as He planned.
Together, in His garden,
they fill this lovely land.

~ Linda Lee Gleason
Old 03-02-2013, 10:07 AM   #3120
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

There are certain things you should never say to your wife... and Tim Hawkins wrote a hilarious song about them all! Check this out, you'll be laughing hard by the end.

Things You Should Never Say to Your Wife by Tim Hawkins