Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree468Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-15-2012, 07:59 AM   #3001
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Sometimes I ask the question, "My Lord, is this your will?" It's then I hear you answer me, "My Precious Child...be still."

Sometimes I feel frustrated, cause I think I know what's best. It's then I hear you say to me, "My Busy Child...just rest!"

Sometimes I feel so lonely and I think I'd like a mate. Your still small voice gets oh so clear and says, "My Child...please wait!"

"I know the plans I have for you, the wondrous things you'll see; If you can just be patient, Child, and put your trust in me. I've plans to draw you closer. I've plans to help you grow. There's much I do you cannot see and much you do not know.

But know this, Child...I LOVE YOU. You are Precious unto Me.

Before I formed you in the womb, I planned your destiny. I've something very special I hope for you to learn. The gifts I wish to give to you are gifts you cannot earn.

They come without a price tag, but not without a cost; at Calvary, I gave My Son, so You would not be lost. Rest Child, and do not grow weary of doing what is good.

I promise I'll come back for you just like I said I would. Your name is written on my palm, I never could forget; Therefore, do not be discouraged when my answer is... "Not Yet!"

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-16-2012, 04:24 PM   #3002
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Give us this day our daily bread. óMatthew 6:11

In 1924, a boy named Johnny, who loved to play basketball, completed the eighth grade in a small rural school. His father, rich in love but short on money for a graduation gift, gave Johnny a card on which he had written his own 7-point creed, which he encouraged his son to start following daily. Three of the points were: Drink deeply from good books, especially the Bible. Make each day your masterpiece. Pray for guidance, and give thanks for your blessings every day.

Jesus, in what we often call the Lordís Prayer (Matt. 6:9-13), taught us to approach our heavenly Father each day; itís not something to be said once and forgotten. Through it we offer God praise (v.9); seek His kingdom and His will (v.10); trust His provision (v.11); and ask for His forgiveness, power, and deliverance (vv.12-13).

Throughout his life, Johnny sought the Lordís strength to live each day for Him. He became a three-time All-American basketball player at Purdue University and one of the greatest college coaches of all time. When Coach John Wooden died at the age of 99, he was honored most of all for his character, his faith, and the many lives he touched.

By Godís grace, may we make each day our masterpiece for Him.
óDavid McCasland
Old 11-18-2012, 10:48 AM   #3003
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

God is in Every Tomorrow

God is in every tomorrow,
Therefore I live for today;
Certain of finding at sunrise
Guidance and strength for the day,
Power for each moment of weakness,
Hope for each moment of pain
Comfort for every sorrow,
Sunshine and joy after rain.

God is in every tomorrow,
Planning for you and for me,
Even in the dark I will follow,
Trust where my eyes cannot see,
Stilled by His promise of blessing,
Soothed by the touch of His hand,
Confident in His protection,
Knowing my life-path is planned.
Old 11-21-2012, 04:21 AM   #3004
Stazon Splitcoast

Forever A Pilgrim

Let me love you, my Lord and my God, and see myself as I really am: a pilgrim in this world, a Christian called to respect and love all those lives I touch, those in authority over me or those under my authority, my friends and my enemies.

— from Envoy for Christ
Old 11-21-2012, 08:56 AM   #3005
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

The True Story of Thanksgiving

After enduring religious persecution in their native England and for twelve years in Holland, the pilgrims sailed for America. They were modest men and women with a great hope and inward zeal. They rested in the providence of God that He was leading them to a land of religious freedom to advance the gospel of the kingdom of Christ.

The voyage of the Mayflower took twice as long as Christopher Columbus' voyage, enduring several wintry storms. After arriving in their new land, they faced disease, famine, bitter cold and many dangers. However, when the Mayflower made its return voyage, none of the pilgrims returned with it.

Their first harvest occurred in the autumn of 1621. Their own seed had barely grown, but the Indians had shown them how to plant corn which yielded a huge harvest. On the first Thanksgiving, they celebrated God's goodness to them with a party of ninety Indians. Their Thanksgiving feast lasted three days and included a festival of sports.

Thanksgiving Proclamation by Abraham Lincoln

"Now, therefore, I, Abraham Lincoln, President of the United States, do hereby appoint and set apart the last Thursday in November next as a day which I desire to be observed by all my fellow-citizens, wherever they may be then, as a day of thanksgiving and praise to Almighty God, the beneficent Creator and Ruler of the Universe. And I do further recommend to my fellow-citizens aforesaid, that on the occasion they do reverently humble themselves in the dust, and from thence offer up penitent and fervent prayers and supplications to the great Disposer of events for a return of the inestimable blessings of peace, union, and harmony throughout the land which it has pleased Him to assign as a dwelling-place for ourselves and for our posterity throughout all generations."

Enter into His gates with thanksgiving... be thankful unto Him, and bless His name. Psalm 100:4

The movie, Monumental, gives the full story of the Pilgrims and the hardships they endured
Monumental: LIVE EVENT TRAILER - YouTube
Old 11-22-2012, 04:39 PM   #3006
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

Prayer of Gratitude - Thanksgiving Ecard | American Greetings
Old 11-25-2012, 08:16 AM   #3007
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

I WISH YOU ENOUGH.

Recently, I overheard a mother and daughter in their last moments together at the airport as the daughter's departure had been announced.
Standing near the security gate, they hugged and the mother said:

"I love you and I wish you enough."

The daughter replied, "Mom, our life together has been more than enough. Your love is all I ever needed. I wish you enough, too, Mom." They kissed and the daughter left.

The mother walked over to the window where I sat. Standing there, I could see she wanted and needed to cry.

I tried not to intrude on her privacy but she welcomed me in by asking, "Did you ever say good-bye to someone knowing it would be forever?" "Yes, I have," I replied. "Forgive me for asking but why is this a forever good-bye?"

"I am old and she lives so far away. I have challenges ahead and the reality is the next trip back will be for my funeral," she said.

When you were saying good-bye, I heard you say, "I wish you enough." May I ask what that means?"

She began to smile. "That's a wish that has been handed down from other generations. My parents used to say it to everyone." She paused a moment and looked up as if trying to remember it in detail and she smiled even more.

"When we said 'I wish you enough' we were wanting the other person to have a life filled with just enough good things to sustain them". Then turning toward me, she shared the following, reciting it from memory,

"I wish you enough sun to keep your attitude bright.

I wish you enough rain to appreciate the sun more.

I wish you enough happiness to keep your spirit alive.

I wish you enough pain so that the smallest joys in life appear much bigger.

I wish you enough gain to satisfy your wanting.

I wish you enough loss to appreciate all that you possess.

I wish you enough hellos to get you through the final good-bye."

She then began to cry and walked away.

They say it takes a minute to find a special person. An hour to appreciate them. A day to love them. And an entire life to forget them.

- Author Unknown
Old 11-27-2012, 10:31 AM   #3008
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Time for some chuckles

Medical Misstatements

The following statements are reported to have been found on patients' charts during a recent review of medical records. These statements were written by health care professionals, including doctors and nurses, at major hospitals:

The patient had waffles for breakfast and anorexia for lunch.

She stated that she had been constipated for most of her life until 1989 when she got a divorce.

She is numb from her toes down.

When she fainted, her eyes rolled around the room.

Patient has been married twice, but denies any other serious illnesses.

The patient was in his usual state of good health until his airplane ran out of gas and crashed.

Patient experiences difficulty swallowing tires easily.

History: Patient was shot in the head with .34 caliber rifle.
Chief complaint -- headache.

Healthy appearing decrepit 69-year-old white male, mentally alert but forgetful.

The patient has chest pain if she lies on her left side for over a year.

On the second day the knee was better, and on the third day it had completely disappeared.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:04 AM   #3009
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Loch Ness
==========

An atheist was spending a quiet day fishing when suddenly his boat was
attacked by the Loch Ness monster. In one easy flip, the beast tossed him
and his boat high into the air. Then it opened its mouth to swallow both.

As the man sailed head over heels, he cried out, "Oh, my God!
Please help me!"

At once, the ferocious attack scene froze in place, and as the atheist hung
in mid-air, a booming voice came down from the clouds, "I thought you didn't believe in Me!"

"Come on God, give me a break!!" the man pleaded. "Two minutes ago I didn't believe in the Loch Ness monster either!"

There comes a time in everyone's life when they will face a monster in some
form. In that moment, you realize that you need help beyond that which logic can provide.
Old 12-02-2012, 06:44 AM   #3010
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

You're More Than Your Hard Days

Some days you will try your best
and it will not feel like enough.
Some days the words you want to heal will hurt instead.
Some days you will question everything you do
and why you do it.
This doesn't mean you're a failure.
Or you should quit.
Or God is mad at you.
It just means this...
All of your days you will be human.
All of your days you will grow but not reach perfection.
All of your days there will be grace enough for you.
Keep going, friend.
Keep trying.
Keep moving forward.
I know it's hard on some days. But you are more than those days.
And at the end of all your days you will hear, "Well done, good and faithful servant."
That will make it all worthwhile.
So close your eyes and remember you are loved.
Today. Tomorrow. Forever.
Old 12-02-2012, 07:47 AM   #3011
Proud Fan Club Member

Tell me the truth now....can you see me through your computer screen? Because this was posted just for me today...thank you caterina.
Old 12-02-2012, 08:43 AM   #3012
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscrat View Post
Tell me the truth now....can you see me through your computer screen? Because this was posted just for me today...thank you caterina.

Kathy, that made me smile... I usually post things that touch me so guess we are at the same place.
Old 12-02-2012, 01:28 PM   #3013
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by caterinafmig View Post
Kathy, that made me smile... I usually post things that touch me so guess we are at the same place.
Have you ever seen the screensaver that is a kitten licking the computer screen? Like he's inside watching you and trying to kiss you. I thought of that too after I posted! I am going to share your post! I know of others in the same boat.
Old 12-04-2012, 05:19 PM   #3014
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Help Me, Jesus

Help me, Jesus, to seek your sweet face
and to navigate life at a compassionate pace.

Teach me respect for my fellow man;
that when he's in need, to reach out my hand.

Infuse me with courage when I am too weak,
and grant me your wisdom whenever I speak.

When the world around me seems cold and so bleak,
let me find, in your name, the comfort I seek.

Lift up the burdens that I cannot bear.
Place your hand on my shoulder to show you are there.

Open my eyes, Lord, allow me to see
the purpose in life you intended for me.

May I always be grateful for blessings received
and wisely reject all attempts to deceive.

Let me bask in the warmth of your never-ending story,
secure in your promise of Heaven's great glory.

~ Linda Gleason ~
Old 12-05-2012, 06:22 AM   #3015
Proud Fan Club Member

He's already helped me this morning. I am amazed daily that he loves me despite my failures and pulls me from the miry clay....thanks Cat.
Old 12-05-2012, 12:07 PM   #3016
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
He's already helped me this morning. I am amazed daily that he loves me despite my failures and pulls me from the miry clay....thanks Cat.

As Paul wrote, it is God's love that compels me.... <3
Old 12-05-2012, 12:08 PM   #3017
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

At Christmastime

Christmas lights shine brighter
and gentle hugs get tighter.
Joy and gladness fill the air
and one can feel another's care.

Christmas brings to us good cheer
family and friends draw near.
The city streets are all filled
despite the cold winter chill.

Everywhere there's smiling faces
Reaching out with warm embraces.
At Christmas sadness disappears
joy and hope replaces fear.

Frowning faces turn to smiles
and Christmas joy extends for miles.
Strangers are apt to become friends
and the wayward comes home again.

At Christmas God's love came down
and made itself known all around.
So everyday can be Christmastime
and all of life would be sublime!

~ Lenora McWhorter ~
Old 12-06-2012, 05:50 PM   #3018
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

The Light of Christmas

"As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world. - He that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life."
John 9:5 & 8:12

Christmas is a special time of year. I can't imagine what it would be like if we did not celebrate Christmas. What better time of year than Christmas, to teach our children the true meaning?

Christmas is not about lights, trees and presents, turkey dinners, or family gatherings. Oh yes. Those things are great, and "God has given us richly all things to enjoy." But more importantly, Christmas is about God's LOVE, about LIGHT. John 3:16 sums up the true meaning of Christmas, God s ultimate gift to EVERYONE His Son, the LIGHT of the world. God loved His creation, US, so much that in order to redeem us from eternal death, which we so deserves, He sent His Son to be the substitute for us.

I don t care that some say that the first Christmas was not observed at the birth of Christ, that it originated back in Rome to honor Saturn, the Roman god of agriculture, or some other theory that someone else might have come up with. To me, the first Christmas was the day that God sent LIGHT into the world.

I am glad that Sunday schools and churches put on pageants with the manger scene and the shepherds. What better way to teach a child about Christ and why He came to earth. I am glad that the authors of the Bible recorded that the humble shepherds celebrated on the night of Christ's birth, by leaving their sheep when the skies filled with LIGHT and the angels sang, and they went seeking for the Light of the world, JESUS. The wise men began their search for the King that same night because they saw a LIGHT in the sky a star in the East.

Does it matter that the usual scenario is of the wise men at the inn with the shepherds in these pageants? Is it really giving the children the wrong idea? Of course we know that the wise men came on the scene much later. The child will learn to put things in their proper order as he grows up. I did. So let the Sunday schools put on their pageants, with the wonderful Christmas scene of the shepherds and the wise men worshipping Jesus.

I don't care that research has shown that we do not know the exact day of Christ's birth. It does not matter whether it was not December 25th or some other day of the year. What matters is: Christ, the LIGHT of the world was born. And that He lived--as a man; suffered--as a man; died a cruel death on the cross--as a man; and rose again on the third day--as God, triumphant over sin and death, our REDEEMER, our SAVIOR, our LORD.

I don't care if they tell me that the exchanging of gift idea did not originate with the gifts that the wise men took to the child Jesus. To me, gift giving, 'though enjoyable, is not important. God's ultimate Gift is. If people get pleasure and comfort from giving and receiving gifts, then let them carry on with it. To me it does not detract from the true meaning of Christmas.

I don't care what they say about the Christmas tree--that it is a pagan symbol. To me that is not important. I have heard several opinions on this. Great that people get pleasure out of putting up and decorating a tree. It doesn't bother me a bit. In fact, if it uplifts someone from their humdrum existence, bringing light and giving them something to look forward to, at least once a year, let them put up a tree. To me this is not a distraction from the true meaning of Christmas. Perhaps it even adds to it. Christ came as the Light of the world: so let the lights at Christmas help remind people of this. Christ died on a tree for our sins: so let the tree be a reminder of this.

~ Helen Marjorie Dowd ~
Old 12-07-2012, 11:15 AM   #3019
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Today marks the 71st anniversary of Japan bombing Pearl Harbor. My mother was a young lady when this happened and made sure to tell her children about the Day that lives in infamy... as well as all the sacrifices made by the greatest generation and all Americans during WWII and how everyone did all they could to fight the huge threat to our freedom. Although my mother was born in Cefalu, Sicily must say have never met a more patriotic person who loved & appreciated this country and the military. She would be extremely proud of her great grandson, Alexander.

During Thanksgiving 1994, Reynold and I were in Hawaii and visited Pearl Harbor and the USS Arizona - they are no word to describe the emotions.

US Commemorates Pearl Harbor Anniversary
Old 12-08-2012, 10:54 AM   #3020
Proud Fan Club Member

I hope you don't mind, but a friend sent me this and I had to share.
Old 12-08-2012, 11:51 AM   #3021
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
I hope you don't mind, but a friend sent me this and I had to share.

Kathy, thanks for sharing and feel free to share uplifting encouragement here.
Old 12-08-2012, 01:09 PM   #3022
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Kathy, thanks for sharing and feel free to share uplifting encouragement here.
You are always posting encouraging stuff for us, that I thought you might enjoy being encouraged yourself! Thanks Caterina....
Old 12-08-2012, 02:15 PM   #3023
Die Cut Diva

Kathy .... this brought tears to my eyes! Loved it! Thank you for sharing with us!

Blessings,

Rita
Old 12-08-2012, 02:23 PM   #3024
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stamping Servant View Post
Kathy .... this brought tears to my eyes! Loved it! Thank you for sharing with us!

Blessings,

Rita
I cried too! Did you see the look of awe in that little boy at the end and how they knelt too? Awesome! I watched it again...
Old 12-08-2012, 04:14 PM   #3025
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
I cried too! Did you see the look of awe in that little boy at the end and how they knelt too? Awesome! I watched it again...
Yes, it was amazing to see the different reactions of the crowd. The part that made me cry was when the group began singing "O Holy Night" and right after that I saw the people who were portraying the Holy family. O Holy Night is my favorite Christmas hymn.
Old 12-09-2012, 02:53 PM   #3026
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

There is one Christmas Carol that has always baffled me. What in the world do leaping lords, French hens, swimming swans, and especially the partridge who won't come out of the pear tree have to do with Christmas?

From 1558 until 1829, Roman Catholics in England were not permitted to practice their faith openly. Someone during that era wrote this carol as a catechism song for young Catholics. It has two levels of meaning: the surface meaning plus a hidden meaning known only to members of their church. Each element in the carol has a code word for a religious reality which the children could remember.

-The partridge in a pear tree was Jesus Christ.

-Two turtle doves were the Old and New Testaments.

-Three French hens stood for faith, hope and love.-

-The four calling birds were the four gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke &John.

-The five golden rings recalled the Torah or Law, the first five books of the Old Testament.

-The six geese a-laying stood for the six days of creation.

-Seven swans a-swimming represented the sevenfold gifts of the Holy Spirit--Prophesy, Serving, Teaching, Exhortation, Contribution, Leadership, and Mercy.

-The eight maids a-milking were the eight beatitudes.

-Nine ladies dancing were the nine fruits of the Holy Spirit--Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness, and Self Control.

-The ten lords a-leaping were the ten commandments.

-The eleven pipers piping stood for the eleven faithful disciples.

-The twelve drummers drumming symbolized the twelve points of belief in the Apostles' Creed.

Old 12-10-2012, 07:06 AM   #3027
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

"Some complain because the rose has thorns; Some give thanks because the thorns have roses." ó Barbara Johnson
Old 12-14-2012, 12:35 PM   #3028
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Like so many on this extremely tragic day, my heart hurts for the 20 innocent children senselessly murdered as well as others by this horrible young mad who also killed his parents. Cannot even begin to imagine what these sweet precious children experienced in what should have been a safe protective environment.

Please pray for the mommies, daddies, grandparents, family and friends asking the Lord to abundantly shower down His loving mercy, grace, comfort and peace as only He can.

When Words Are Hard

At a time when words are so hard to find... know that you are cared for very deeply and loved greatly by so many.

While we may feel helpless at times in knowing how to comfort you, the Lord knows exactly what you need. He will minister peace and comfort to you in many unexpected ways. He will walk with you through the coming days.

God has said, "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you."
Hebrews 13:5
Old 12-14-2012, 05:37 PM   #3029
Matboard Maniac

the tragedy that happened today really made me stop and think of how i have been so depressed because of my problems and makes me appreciate my life again.my heart goes out to all and will lift them in prayer for strength to get thru the many dark days ahead.
br3n
Old 12-14-2012, 08:38 PM   #3030
Stazon Splitcoast

I am thinking about all the people touched by today's tragedy. I know that tomorrow is a new day. I thank God for my faith.
Old 12-15-2012, 11:04 AM   #3031
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

If you would like to mail sympathy cards or letters of support and solidarity to the school, the school address appears to be:

Sandy Hook Elementary School
12 Dickenson Drive
Sandy Hook, CT 06482 -1218

School colors are green and white.

Sending a card is something small but at least it's something we can do."
Old 12-16-2012, 07:40 PM   #3032
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

WHAT DO ANGELS LOOK LIKE?

Like the little old lady who returned your wallet yesterday.
Like the taxi driver who told you that your eyes light up the world, when you smile.
Like the small child who showed you the wonder in simple things.
Like the poor man who offered to share his lunch with you.
Like the rich man who showed you that it really is all possible, if only you believe.
Like the stranger who just happened to come along, when you had lost your way.
Like the friend who touched your heart, when you didnít think you had one.
Angels come in all sizes and shapes, all ages and skin types.
Some with freckles, some with dimples, some with wrinkles, some without.
They come disguised as friends, enemies teachers, students, lovers and fools.
They donít take life too seriously, they travel light.
They leave no forwarding address, they ask nothing in return.
They are hard to find when your eyes are closed, but when you choose to see, they are everywhere you look.
So, open you eyes and count all your Angels ó for you are truly blessed!

Old 12-19-2012, 07:06 AM   #3033
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Merry Christmas To My Female Friends

If I were ol' Santa, you know what I'd do
I'd dump silly gifts that are given to you
And deliver some things just inside your front door
Things you have lost, but treasured before.
I'd give you back all your maidenly vigor,
And to go along with it, a neat tiny figure.
Then restore the old color that once graced your hair
Before rinses and bleaches took residence there.
I'd bring back the shape with which you were gifted
So things now suspended need not be uplifted.
I'd draw in your tummy and smooth down your back
Till you'd be a dream in those tight fitting slacks.
I'd remove all your wrinkles and leave only one chin
So you wouldn't spend hours rubbing grease on your skin.
You'd never have flashes or queer dizzy spells,
And you wouldn't hear noises like ringing of bells.
No sore aching feet and no corns on your toes,
No searching for spectacles when they're right on your nose.
Not a shot would you take in your arm, hip or fanny,
From a doctor who thinks you're a nervous old granny.
You'd never have a headache, so no pills would you take.
And no heating pad needed since your muscles won't ache.
Yes, if I were Santa, you'd never look stupid,
You'd be a cute little chick with the romance of a cupid.
I'd give a lift to your heart when those wolves start to whistle,
And the joys of your heart would be light as a thistle.
But alas! I'm not Santa. I'm simply just me,
The matronest of matrons you ever did see.
I wish I could tell you all the symptoms I've got,
But I'm due at my doctor's for an estrogen shot.
Even though we've grown older, this wish is sincere,
Merry Christmas to you and a Happy New Year.
Old 12-20-2012, 03:33 PM   #3034
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Snowy Christmas Eve

There was once a man who didn't believe in God, and he didn't hesitate to let others know how he felt about religion and religious holidays, like Christmas. His wife, however, did believe, and she raised their children to also have faith in God and Jesus, despite his disparaging comments.

One snowy Christmas Eve, his wife was taking their children to a Christmas Eve service in the farm community in which they lived. She asked him to come, but he refused. "That story is nonsense!" he said. "Why would God lower Himself to come to Earth as a man? That's ridiculous!" So she and the children left, and he stayed home. A while later, the winds grew stronger and the snow turned into a blizzard. As the man looked out the window, all he saw was a blinding snowstorm. He sat down to relax before the fire for the evening. Then he heard a loud thump. Something had hit the window. Then another thump. He looked out, but couldn't see more than a few feet.

When the snow let up a little, he ventured outside to see what could have been beating on his window. In the field near his house he saw a flock of wild geese. Apparently they had been flying south for the winter when they got caught in the snowstorm and could not go on. They were lost and stranded on his farm, with no food or shelter. They just flapped their wings and flew around the field in low circles, blindly and aimlessly. A couple of them had flown into his window, it seemed. The man felt sorry for the geese and wanted to help them. The barn would be a great place for them to stay, he thought. It is warm and safe; surely they could spend the night and wait out the storm. So he walked over to the barn and opened the doors wide, then watched and waited, hoping they would notice the open barn and go inside. But the geese just fluttered around aimlessly and did not seem to notice the barn or realize what it could mean for them.

The man tried to get their attention, but that just seemed to scare them and they moved further away. He went into the house and came back out with some bread, broke it up, and made a breadcrumbs trail leading to the barn. They still didn't catch on. Now he was getting frustrated. He got behind them and tried to shoo them toward the barn, but they only got more scared and scattered in every direction except toward the barn. Nothing he did could get them to go into the barn where they would be warm and safe.
"Why don't they follow me?!" he exclaimed. "Can't they see this is the only place where they can survive the storm?" He thought for a moment and realized that they just wouldn't follow a human. "If only I were a goose, then I could save them," he said out loud. Then he had an idea. He went into barn, got one of his own geese, and carried it in his arms as he circled around behind the flock of wild geese. He then released it. His goose flew through the flock and straight into the barn -- and one by one the other geese followed it to safety.

He stood silently for a moment as the words he had spoken a few minutes earlier replayed in his mind:

"If only I were a goose, then I could save them!"

Then he thought about what he had said to his wife earlier.
"Why would God want to be like us? That's ridiculous!"

Suddenly it all made sense. That is what God had done.

We were like the geese -- blind, lost, perishing. God had His Son become like us so He could show us the way and save us.

That was the meaning of Christmas, he realized. As the winds and blinding snow died down, his soul became quiet and pondered this wonderful thought. Suddenly he understood what Christmas was all about, why Christ had come. Years of doubt and disbelief vanished like the passing storm. He fell to his knees in the snow, and prayed his first prayer:

"Thank You Jesus for coming in human form to show me the way out of the storm!"
Old 12-21-2012, 02:35 PM   #3035
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Christmas Blessings

C ome, all ye faithful worshippers!
H eaven has sent its fairest child!
R ise up and honor Christ your King.
I n awe of him, the angels smiled.
S eek Him, ye trav'lers from the East;
T o find this babe, ye shepherds, run!
M ary will bid you gather near
A nd gaze on Him, Jehovah's Son -
S avior and Lord, the Promised One.

B efore the saints in Temple room,
L aid in two ancient prophets' arms --
E steemed Levi waited for Christ --
S poke Anna, too, of Jesus' charms.
S ent from God to redeem mankind
I n giving of the Gift decreed --
N ow is the long-awaited time --
G od's Son, only-begotten Seed;
S avior, you are the One we need!
Old 12-21-2012, 08:54 PM   #3036
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

There is one Christmas Carol that has always baffled me. What in the world do leaping lords, French hens, swimming swans, and especially the partridge who won't come out of the pear tree have to do with Christmas?

From 1558 until 1829, Roman Catholics in England were not permitted to practice their faith openly. Someone during that era wrote this carol as a catechism song for young Catholics. It has two levels of meaning: the surface meaning plus a hidden meaning known only to members of their church. Each element in the carol has a code word for a religious reality which the children could remember.

-The partridge in a pear tree was Jesus Christ.

-Two turtle doves were the Old and New Testaments.

-Three French hens stood for faith, hope and love.-

-The four calling birds were the four gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke &John.

-The five golden rings recalled the Torah or Law, the first five books of the Old Testament.

-The six geese a-laying stood for the six days of creation.

-Seven swans a-swimming represented the sevenfold gifts of the Holy Spirit--Prophesy, Serving, Teaching, Exhortation, Contribution, Leadership, and Mercy.

-The eight maids a-milking were the eight beatitudes.

-Nine ladies dancing were the nine fruits of the Holy Spirit--Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness, and Self Control.

-The ten lords a-leaping were the ten commandments.

-The eleven pipers piping stood for the eleven faithful disciples.

-The twelve drummers drumming symbolized the twelve points of belief in the Apostles' Creed.

Sure wish I would have copied this down. I would have had all the answers to one of the games at the school Christmas Party.
Old 12-22-2012, 11:28 AM   #3037
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Not Only on Christmas Day

Lord, this is my prayer
Not only on Christmas Day
But until I see You face to face
May I live my life this way:

Just like the baby Jesus
I ever hope to be,
Resting in Your loving arms
Trusting in Your sovereignty.

And like the growing Christ child
In wisdom daily learning,
May I ever seek to know You
With my mind and spirit yearning.

Like the Son so faithful
Let me follow in Your light,
Meek and bold, humble and strong
Not afraid to face the night.

Nor cowardly to suffer
And stand for truth alone,
Knowing that Your kingdom
Awaits my going home.

Not afraid to sacrifice
Though great may be the cost,
Mindful how You rescued me
From broken-hearted loss.

Like my risen Savior
The babe, the child, the Son,
May my life forever speak
Of who You are and all You've done.

So while this world rejoices
And celebrates Your birth,
I treasure You, the greatest gift
Unequaled in Your worth.

I long to hear the same words
That welcomed home Your Son,
"Come, good and faithful servant,"
Your Master says, "Well done."

And may heaven welcome others
Who will join with me in praise
Because I lived for Jesus Christ
Not only Christmas Day
Old 12-23-2012, 10:10 AM   #3038
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Why Jesus is Better Than Santa

Santa lives at the North Pole...
JESUS is everywhere.

Santa rides in a sleigh...
JESUS rides on the wind and walks on the water.

Santa comes but once a year...
JESUS is an ever present help.

Santa fills your stockings with goodies...
JESUS supplies all of your needs.

Santa comes down your chimney uninvited...
JESUS stands at your door and knocks, and then enters your heart when invited.

You have to wait in line to see Santa...
JESUS is as close as the mention of His name.

Santa lets you sit on his lap...
JESUS lets you rest in His arms.

Santa doesn't know your name, all he can say is "Hi little boy or girl, what's your name?"...
JESUS knew our name before we were born. Not only does He know our name, He knows our address too. He knows our history and future and He even knows how many hairs are on our heads.

Santa has a belly like a bowl full of jelly...
JESUS has a heart full of love

All Santa can offer is HO HO HO...
JESUS offers health, help and hope.

Santa says "You better not cry"...
JESUS says "Cast all your cares on me for I care for you."

Santa's little helpers make toys...
JESUS makes new life, mends wounded hearts, repairs broken homes and builds mansions.

Santa may make you chuckle but...
JESUS gives you joy that is your strength.

While Santa puts gifts under your tree...
JESUS became our gift and died on a tree...the cross.

We need to put Christ back in CHRISTmas, Jesus is still the reason for the season.

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life" (John 3:16).
Old 12-24-2012, 11:10 AM   #3039
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Remembering the children....

Twas' 11 days before Christmas
Written by Cameo Smith, Mt. Wolf (York County), PA

twas' 11 days before Christmas, around 9:38
when 20 beautiful children stormed through heaven's gate.
Their smiles were contagious, their laughter filled the air.

They could hardly believe all the beauty they saw there.
They were filled with such joy; they didn't know what to say.
They remembered nothing of what had happened earlier that day.
"Where are we?" asked a little girl, as quiet as a mouse.
"This is heaven." declared a small boy. "Weíre spending Christmas at God's
house."

When what to their wondering eyes did appear,
but Jesus, their savior, the children gathered near.
He looked at them and smiled, and they smiled just the same.
Then He opened His arms and He called them by name.
and in that moment was joy, that only heaven can bring
those children all flew into the arms of their King
and as they lingered in the warmth of His embrace,
one small girl turned and looked at Jesus' face.
And as if He could read all the questions she had
He gently whispered to her, "I'll take care of mom and dad."
Then He looked down on earth, the world far below
He saw all of the hurt, the sorrow, and woe
then He closed His eyes and He outstretched His hand,
"Let My power and presence re-enter this land!"
"May this country be delivered from the hands of fools"
"I'm taking back my nation. I'm taking back my schools!"
Then He and the children stood up without a sound.
"Come now my children let me show you around."
Excitement filled the space, some skipped and some ran.
All; displaying enthusiasm that only a small child can.
And I heard Him proclaim as He walked out of sight,
"in the midst of this darkness, I AM STILL THE LIGHT."
Old 12-25-2012, 07:26 AM   #3040
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Merry CHRISTmas!

A Christmas Blessing:

May your home be warmed
by the love of the Savior...
your hearts wrapped in His peace.
and your new year filled
with His overflowing joy.

May the God of hope fill you
with all joy and peace as you trust in Him,
so that you may overflow with hope.
Romans 15:13