Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree430Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-28-2012, 06:05 PM   #2921
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Clay Balls

A man was exploring caves by the Seashore. In one of the caves he found a canvas bag with a bunch of hardened clay balls. It was like someone had rolled clay balls and left them out in the sun to bake. They didn't look like much, but they intrigued the man, so he took the bag out of the cave with him. As he strolled along the beach, he would throw the clay balls one at a time out into the ocean as far as he could.

He thought little about it, until he dropped one of the clay balls and it cracked open on a rock. Inside was a beautiful, precious stone!

Excited, the man started breaking open the remaining clay balls. Each contained a similar treasure. He found thousands of dollars worth of jewels in the 20 or so clay balls he had left.

Then it struck him. He had been on the beach a long time. He had thrown maybe 50 or 60 of the clay balls with their hidden treasure into the ocean waves. Instead of thousands of dollars in treasure, he could have taken home tens of thousands, but he had just thrown it away!

It's like that with people. We look at someone, maybe even ourselves, and we see the external clay vessel. It doesn't look like much from the outside. It isn't always beautiful or sparkling, so we discount it.

We see that person as less important than someone more beautiful or stylish or well known or wealthy.. But we have not taken the time to find the treasure hidden inside that person.

There is a treasure in each and every one of us. If we take the time to get to know that person, and if we ask God to show us that person the way He sees them, then the clay begins to peel away and the brilliant gem begins to shine forth.

May we not come to the end of our lives and find out that we have thrown away a fortune in friendships because the gems were hidden in bits of clay. May we see the people in our world as God sees them.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 08-29-2012, 09:18 AM   #2922
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

The Center of God's Heart

In the center of His hand
you find the center of His Will;
In the center of His will
you find the center of His Peace;
In the center of His peace
you find the center of His Love;
In the center of His love
you find the center of His Heart.

My Father, Who has given them to me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of my Father's hand. John 10:29
Old 08-30-2012, 06:51 PM   #2923
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Being Kind Makes All the Difference

A trucker relates that he was traveling through rural North Carolina on I-95 when a brown sedan merged onto the highway. It weaved back and forth between lanes, causing the driver of the truck to shift into a lower gear. At first he thought the driver was drunk, but when he came closer, the trucker saw an old man shaking uncontrollably behind the wheel. He noticed a Citizen's Band aerial whipping to and fro as the car jerked between lanes, so he called on the radio: "You in the brown Chevy, if you can hear me, pull over. Pull off the road!"

Amazingly, he did! The trucker pulled up behind the car and climbed from his cab. The elderly man staggered from his auto and fell into the trucker's arms. He poured out a story of months of fear and pain that accompanied the illness of his only daughter.

Now he was returning from the hospital where it was decided that she would cease any further treatment. In the hospital he remained "strong" and stoic for his daughter, but out on the road he fell apart.

The two men talked for the good part of an hour. The father eventually decided to share his pain with his daughter and said he felt good enough to drive home. The men embraced and the trucker followed him for 50 miles. As they drove along, the two talked together on the radio.

The older man finally acknowledged that his exit was ahead and thanked his new friend again for the help. The trucker asked if he could make it home all right and, suddenly, a third voice broke in on the conversation: "Breaker 19, don't worry, good buddy. Go your way. I'll see him home!"

Glancing in his rear view mirror, he saw a livestock truck move into the exit lane behind the brown sedan.

There are good people the world over. Some may be strangers to you, some as close as your own family. It helps to know that the world is full of people who will gladly give that caring touch, a needed warm embrace or a patient and listening ear. They are like angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly. Look around, for they are everywhere. And quite likely, you will even spot one in the mirror!

Hebrews 13:2 - "Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by doing so some people have entertained Angels without even knowing it."
Old 08-31-2012, 06:16 AM   #2924
Proud Fan Club Member

This especially touched my heart today as my DS is a trucker....
Old 08-31-2012, 11:30 AM   #2925
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscrat View Post
This especially touched my heart today as my DS is a trucker....

Glad you were touched by it!
Old 09-01-2012, 04:20 PM   #2926
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

A Phone Call from Almighty God

Rick volunteers with prison ministries and in his work he has become friends with a pastor of a store front church. The pastor's church is called Almighty God Tabernacle.

On a Saturday night several weeks ago, this pastor was working late, and decided to call his wife before he left for home. It was about 10:00 PM, but his wife didn't answer the phone. The pastor let it ring many times. He thought it was odd that she didn't answer, but decided to wrap up a few things and try again in a few minutes. When he tried again she answered right away. He asked her why she hadn't answered before, and she said that it hadn't rung at their house.

They brushed it off as a fluke and went on their merry ways. The following Monday, the pastor received a call at the church office, which was the phone that he'd used that Saturday night. The man that he spoke with wanted to know why he'd called on Saturday night.

The pastor couldn't figure out what the guy was talking about. Then the man said, "It rang and rang, but I didn't answer." The pastor remembered the mishap and apologized for disturbing him, explaining that he'd intended to call his wife. The man said, "That's OK. Let me tell you my story. You see, I was planning to commit suicide on Saturday night, but before I did, I prayed, 'God if you're there, and you don't want me to do this, give me a sign now.' At that point my phone started to ring. I looked at the caller ID, and it said, 'Almighty God'. I just got the courage today to call back.

Old 09-03-2012, 07:39 AM   #2927
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

HAPPY LABOR DAY!

I hear America singing, the varied carols I hear,
Those of mechanics, each one singing his as it should be blithe and strong,
The carpenter singing his as he measures his plank or beam,
The mason singing his as he makes ready for work, or leaves off work,
The boatman singing what belongs to him in his boat, the deckhand singing on the steamboat deck,
The shoemaker singing as he sits on his bench, the hatter singing as he stands,
The woodcutter's song, the ploughboy's on his way in the morning, or at noon intermission or at sundown,
The delicious singing of the mother, or of the young wife at work, or of the girl sewing or washing,
Each singing what belongs to him or her and to none else,
The day what belongs to the day-at night the party of young fellows, robust, friendly,
Singing with open mouths their strong melodious songs.
Old 09-04-2012, 01:07 PM   #2928
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

You Are Blessed

If you own just one Bible ... you are abundantly blessed. 1/3 of all the world does not have access to one.

If you woke up this morning with more health than illness ... you are more blessed than the million who will not survive this week.

If you have never experienced the danger of battle, the loneliness of imprisonment, the agony of torture, or the pangs of starvation ... you are ahead of 500 million people in the world.

If you can attend a church meeting without fear of harassment, arrest, torture, or death ... you are more blessed than three billion people in the world.

If you have food in the refrigerator, clothes on your back, a roof overhead and a place to sleep ... you are richer than 75% of this world.

If you have money in the bank, in your wallet, and spare change in a dish someplace ... you are among the top 8% of the world's wealthy.

If your parents are still alive and still married ... you are very rare, even in the United States.

If you hold up your head with a smile on your face and are truly thankful ... you are blessed because the majority can, but most do not.

If you can hold someone's hand, hug them or even touch them on the shoulder you are blessed because you can offer God's healing touch.

If you prayed yesterday and today ... you are in the minority because you believe God does hear and answer prayers.

If you can read this message, you just received a double blessing in that someone was thinking of you, and furthermore, you are more blessed than over two billion people in the world that cannot read at all.

If you believe in Jesus as the Son of God and as your Savior ... you are blessed as being part of a small minority in the world.
Old 09-05-2012, 04:32 PM   #2929
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

I Trust in Jesus

Before this body turns to dust
Before this world I leave
Upon The Lord I've placed my trust
Upon The Rock I'll cleave

I've placed my trust in Jesus Christ
God's Son of flesh and bone
The innocent Lamb sacrificed
I trust His word alone

I trust He chose for man to die
Then rose again to reign
That as God's Seed He'd multiply
His flock when born-again

I trust His blood can cleanse the soul
I trust His blood can save
His very name can make us whole
And save us from the grave

I trust in Jesus' loving care
I trust He bore my shame
I trust the love He came to share
Remains today the same

I trust the pardon Jesus bought
Can save this wretch from hell
I trust Salvation's true report
My Savior had to tell

Although the devil's out to harm
Though Satan's he's out to kill
I trust my Lord's almighty arm
I trust His righteous will

I trust my life to Christ The Lord
I trust in Heaven's Door
I trust in God's Almighty Sword
I'll trust Him evermore...

Michael P. Johnson
Old 09-07-2012, 08:43 AM   #2930
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Precious video of a young sister singing to her baby sister.

Little Girl Sings to her Miracle Baby Sister - So Touching
Old 09-08-2012, 07:14 AM   #2931
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

What the Bible Means

A father was approached by his small son, who told him proudly, "I know what the Bible means!"

His father smiled and replied, "What do you mean, you 'know' what the Bible means?"

The son replied, "I do know!"

"Okay," said his father. "So, son, what does the Bible mean?"

"That's easy, Daddy. It stands for 'Basic Information Before Leaving Earth.'"
Old 09-08-2012, 06:08 PM   #2932
Stazon Splitcoast

great one Caterina!
Old 09-10-2012, 02:50 AM   #2933
Die Cut Diva

Default How to See God's Glory

Thought I'd share this devotional with all of you.

~ Rita

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

David Wilkerson Today

MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 10, 2012

THE SONG OF MOSES
by Gary Wilkerson

Some reading this are saying, “I know God has given me a vision. He has given
me a dream but my resources are too short to accomplish it.”

Moses said, “I don’t speak well enough” (Exodus 4:10). Others might say
they don’t sing well enough or they don’t have leadership ability. But God
says to you, “You can do all things through Christ who strengthens you.” It
is in the midst of being without resources that you see God’s glory.

I believe God sometimes withholds resources from us. He doesn’t do this to
punish or hurt us but to reveal His glory, to show that He has everything we
need — that He is in control of it all.

In Exodus 14 we see the children of Israel fleeing from Egypt as God sends them
to camp by the Red Sea (Exodus 14:2). Camping by the sea at the right time is
great but when you have an army of thousands of chariots and heavily-armed
enemy soldiers coming after you, you might begin to think, “Uh-oh! This is
not where I want to be right now. Maybe this is not the right time and place,
God!”

When something like this happens there is a very strong temptation for us to
begin to question God, to start saying, “Where are you, God? Why have You
left me? Why aren’t You showing Yourself strong?”

We know the crossing of the Red Sea was a success! When the children of Israel
crossed over to the other side, they began to sing what is called “The Song
of Moses” or “The Song of Deliverance” out of Exodus 15:1-2 (ESV).

“I will sing to the LORD, for He has triumphed gloriously;
The horse and his rider He has thrown into the sea.
The Lord is my strength and my song
And He has become my salvation;
This is my God, and I will praise Him,
My father’s God, and I will exalt Him.”

This is our song, too!

Read this devotion online: THE SONG OF MOSES by Gary Wilkerson | World Challenge
Old 09-10-2012, 07:31 AM   #2934
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Thanks Rita for your encouraging post.
Old 09-10-2012, 05:41 PM   #2935
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

I'll Be There.

You say you will never forget where you were when you heard the news, Sept. 11, 2001. Neither will I.

I was on the 110th floor in a smoke filled room with a man who called his wife to say "Good-bye." I held his fingers steady as he dialed. I gave him the peace to say, "Honey, I am not going to make it, but it is OK ... I am ready to go." I was with his wife when he called as she fed breakfast to their children. I held her up as she tried to understand his words and as she realized he wasn't coming home that night.

I was in the stairwell of the 23rd floor when a woman cried out to me for help. "I have been knocking on the door of your heart for 50 years!" I said. "Of course I will show you the way home-only believe on Me now."

I was at the base of the building with the Priest ministering to the injured and devastated souls. I took him home to tend to his Flock in Heaven. He heard my voice and answered.

I was on all four of those planes, in every seat, with every prayer. I was with the crew as they were overtaken. I was in the very hearts of the believers there. Comforting and assuring them that their Faith has saved them.

I was in Texas, Kansas, London. I was standing next to you when you heard the terrible news. Did you sense Me?

I want you to know that I saw every face. I knew every name - though they did NOT all know Me. Some met me for the first time on the 100th floor. Some sought me out in their last breath. Some couldn't hear me calling to them through the smoke and flames, "Come to Me ... this way ... take my hand." Sadly, some chose, for the final time, to ignore Me. But, I was there.

I did not place you in the Tower that day - However, if you were there in that explosive moment in time, would you have reached for Me?

September 11, 2001 was not the end of the journey for you. But someday your journey will end. And I will be there for you as well. Seek Me now while I may be found. Then, at any moment, you know you are "ready to go." I will be in the stairwell of your final moments.

Love, God

Old 09-11-2012, 03:51 AM   #2936
Die Cut Diva

So powerful! Thank you for posting this Caterina!
Old 09-13-2012, 06:31 AM   #2937
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

My wish for you is Jesus,
He's all you need today,
The Mighty God, Prince of Peace,
The Light, the Truth, the Way,

He's with you in times of good,
He'll be with you when they are bad,
Laugh with you on happy days,
Beside you when you're sad,

So look to Him from your heart
For choices you must make,
He'll guide you and protect you,
In every step you take.

Old 09-14-2012, 07:56 AM   #2938
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

What This Father Does for his Ungrateful Daughter Will Make You Cry

Sometimes we take our fathers for granted. Even though they aren't perfect, we should appreciate every moment we share with them. This is actually from a Thai insurance commercial.

What This Father Does for his Ungrateful Daughter Will Make You Cry
Old 09-16-2012, 05:38 AM   #2939
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Riding the High Wire

In 1940 a great high wire artist was putting on a performance over Niagara Falls. A cable had been stretched from Canada to the US. He started from the Canadian side and was crossing to America. In front he was pushing a wheelbarrow. One foot at a time he crossed the wire, below millions of tons of water were crashing over the falls. The artist with nerves of steel pushes his wheelbarrow across. As he reaches the American side wild cheers were sent up, drowning out the roar of the great falls. He stood alone on the platform, hands raised high, and yelled to the crowd below. "Do you believe I can do it again?" The crowd went into a frenzied roar. He yelled again, "Do I have a volunteer to ride in the wheelbarrow?" All you could hear was the roar from the falls, the crowd was silent.

A lot of Christians believe God, but they are afraid to trust their lives to Him. How sad, imagine what a wild ride they will miss. With Jesus' hands on the wheelbarrow, taking us high above life's problems. With the rest of the crowd looking up wishing. Just wishing.
Old 09-17-2012, 08:29 PM   #2940
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Daughter of the King

Mark it well: I love thee,
Daughter, I am thine;
Saturate your soul in Me,
Know this: you are Mine.

Dwell deep in Me, My loved one,
Dwell deeply in My power;
Stay your heart to dwell on Me
Daily, hour by hour.

My angels surround you,
Bask long in My peace;
Let My presence bring to you
A joy which shall not cease.

Let My wind kiss your lips,
My sun caress your hair;
Look for Me in everything,
Seek Me everywhere.

Let My love engulf you,
Let none take My place...
My arms ache to hold you close
When we meet face-to-face.

~ His messenger, Connie ~
Old 09-17-2012, 08:39 PM   #2941
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Had to share this beautiful post from one of my sweet Caringbridge families. Their precious son, Noah, was deprived of air and was born with severe brain damage.

The Wholehearted Parenting Manifesto

Above all else, I want you to know that you are loved and lovable. You will learn this from my words and actions - the lessons on love are in how I treat you and how I treat myself.

I want you to engage with the world from a place of worthiness. You will learn that you are worthy of love, belonging, and joy every time you see me practice self compassion and embrace my own imperfections.

We will practice courage in our family by showing up, letting ourselves be seen, and honoring vulnerability. We will share our stories of struggle and strength. There will always be room in our home for both.

We will teach you compassion by practicing compassion with ourselves first; then with each other. We will set and respect boundaries; we will honor hard work, hope and perseverance. Rest and play will be family values, as well as family practices.

You will learn accountability and respect by watching me make mistakes and make amends, and by watching how I ask for what I need and talk about how I feel.

I want you to know joy, so together we will practice gratitude.

I want you to feel joy, so together we will learn how to be vulnerable.

When uncertainty and scarcity visit, you will be able to draw from the spirit that is a part of our everyday life.

Together we will cry and face fear and grief. I will want to take away your pain, but instead I will sit with you and teach you how to feel it.

We will laugh and sing and dance and create. We will always have permission to be ourselves with each other. No matter what, you will always belong here.

As you begin your Wholehearted journey, the greatest gift that I can give to you is to live and love with my whole heart and to dare greatly.

I will not teach or love or show you anything perfectly, but I will let you see me, and I will always hold sacred the gift of seeing you. Truly, deeply seeing you.

Last edited by caterinafmig; 09-18-2012 at 05:18 PM..
Old 09-21-2012, 07:30 AM   #2942
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Good Morning

Good Morning, this is GOD I will be handling ALL your problems today.

Please remember ... I WILL NOT NEED YOUR HELP!!!

If life happens to deliver a situation to you that you cannot handle, do not attempt to resolve it. Kindly put it in the SFGTD Box (something for God to do). It will be addressed in My time, not yours. Once the matter is placed into the box, do not hold onto it.

Holding on or removal will delay the resolution of your problem. If it is a situation that you think you are capable of handling, please consult me in prayer to be sure that it is the proper resolution.

If you find yourself stuck in traffic, don't despair. There are people in this world for whom driving is an unheard of privilege.

Should you have a bad day at work, think of the man who has been out of work for years.

Should you despair over a relationship gone bad, think of the person who has never known what it's like to love and be loved in return.

Should you grieve the passing of another weekend, think of the woman in dire straits, working twelve hours a day, seven days a week to feed her children.

Should your car break down, leaving you miles away from assistance, think of the paraplegic who would love the opportunity to take that walk.

Should you notice a new gray hair in the mirror, think of the cancer patient in chemo who wishes she had hair to examine.

Should you find yourself at a loss and pondering what is life all about, asking what is my purpose? Be thankful! There are those who didn't live long enough to get the opportunity.

Should you find yourself the victim of other people's bitterness, ignorance, smallness or insecurities, remember ... things could be worse. You could be them!!!

Because I do not sleep nor do I slumber, there is no need for you to lose any sleep. Rest, my child.

If you need to contact me, I am only a prayer away.

Love Eternally, The Lord your God

Last edited by caterinafmig; 09-21-2012 at 07:36 AM..
Old 09-22-2012, 05:10 AM   #2943
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

So grateful that there are still Christian doctors that have more faith in God than just medicine alone!

You must watch this video and see how God works in an emergency room.

Jeff Markin: Back from the Dead, Reborn Into the Light - CBN TV - Video
Old 09-22-2012, 06:39 AM   #2944
Stazon Splitcoast

From person experience I believe in miracles. My mother was pronounced dead after a massive stroke and came back. She told me all about her experience meeting an angel on the other side. She was asked if she was ready. My mom told her that she needed to take care of her husband, my dad, for a while. My mom was blind... but OH the picture she painted of what she saw was in vivid color. She lived for 14 more yrs.
Old 09-22-2012, 05:27 PM   #2945
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyj View Post
From person experience I believe in miracles. My mother was pronounced dead after a massive stroke and came back. She told me all about her experience meeting an angel on the other side. She was asked if she was ready. My mom told her that she needed to take care of her husband, my dad, for a while. My mom was blind... but OH the picture she painted of what she saw was in vivid color. She lived for 14 more yrs.

Joan, what an terrific testimony! Thanks for sharing.
Old 09-23-2012, 09:19 AM   #2946
Die Cut Diva

Hi Caterina and Joan!

I loved the video, Caterina, and the story of your Mom that you shared with us, Joan!

I passed the video link on to a friend who was really blessed by it, too.

~ Rita
Old 09-23-2012, 02:40 PM   #2947
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Church Humor

Most people don't realize how much editing goes into a church bulliten or newsletter. Some announcements have to be completely rewritten because if they appeared the way they were submitted, it would lead to total confusion. Below are some examples:

Remember in prayer the many who are sick of our church and community.

For those of you who have children and don't know it, we have a nursery downstairs.

This being Easter Sunday, we will ask Mrs. Martin to come forward and lay an egg on the altar.

Next Sunday, a special collection will be taken to defray the cost of the new carpet. All those wishing to do something on the new carpet may come forward and do so.

A 'Bean Supper' will be held next Sunday evening. Special music will follow.

At the evening service tonight, the topic will be 'What is Hell?' Come early and listen to the choir practice.

The United Methodist Women have cast off clothing of every kind. They may be seen in the church basement this Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.

The flower on the altar this morning is to announce the birth of David Alan Hunter, the sin of Rev. and Mrs. Hunter.
Old 09-24-2012, 04:48 AM   #2948
Insane Embellisher

Caterina and Joan, Thank you so much for sharing with everyone the video and the story of your mom! I so needed both of those , I had a stroke this summer and now husband was found to have 3 tumors return this last month. While in the hospital over night I kept saying the Doxology and the 121 Psalm over and over when I would wake up, I felt at peace being there at the time of my stroke, but now with my husband I needed to be reminded that prayers are answered and miracles do happen , so thankful for friends and the Holy Spirit that carry us through in prayer.

Caterina, how are you doing? Have the new meds been of help?
Old 09-24-2012, 07:14 AM   #2949
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by nana's cookies View Post
Caterina and Joan, Thank you so much for sharing with everyone the video and the story of your mom! I so needed both of those , I had a stroke this summer and now husband was found to have 3 tumors return this last month. While in the hospital over night I kept saying the Doxology and the 121 Psalm over and over when I would wake up, I felt at peace being there at the time of my stroke, but now with my husband I needed to be reminded that prayers are answered and miracles do happen , so thankful for friends and the Holy Spirit that carry us through in prayer.

Caterina, how are you doing? Have the new meds been of help?

So grateful that the Lord gave you encouragement and trusting Him to continue to hold you and your husband in His loving protective healing hands. Sending much love and hugs.

As for me, not much has changed and am to call the doctor this week. Thanks so much for thinking of me.
Old 09-24-2012, 07:34 AM   #2950
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

A little girl went to her bedroom and pulled a glass jelly jar from its hiding place in the closet. She poured the change out on the floor and counted it carefully. Three times, even.. The total had to be exactly perfect.. No chance here for mistakes.

Carefully placing the coins back in the jar and twisting on the cap, she slipped out the back door and made her way 6 blocks to Rexall's Drug Store with the big red Indian Chief sign above the door.

She waited patiently for the pharmacist to give her some attention, but he was too busy at this moment. Tess twisted her feet to make a scuffing noise. Nothing. She cleared her throat with the most disgusting sound she could muster. No good. Finally she took a quarter from her jar and banged it on the glass counter. That did it!

'And what do you want?' the pharmacist asked in an annoyed tone of voice.. I'm talking to my brother from Chicago whom I haven't seen in ages,' he said without waiting for a reply to his question.

'Well, I want to talk to you about my brother,' Tess answered back in the same annoyed tone. 'He's really, really sick....and I want to buy a miracle.'

'I beg your pardon?' said the pharmacist.

'His name is Andrew and he has something bad growing inside his head and my Daddy says only a miracle can save him now. So how much does a miracle cost?'

'We don't sell miracles here, little girl. I'm sorry but I can't help you,' the pharmacist said, softening a little.

'Listen, I have the money to pay for it. If it isn't enough, I will get the rest. Just tell me how much it costs.'

The pharmacist's brother was a well dressed man. He stooped down and asked the little girl, 'What kind of a miracle does your brother need?'

' I don't know,' Tess replied with her eyes welling up. I just know he's really sick and Mommy says he needs an operation. But my Daddy can't pay for it, so I want to use my money..'

'How much do you have?' asked the man from Chicago .

'One dollar and eleven cents,' Tess answered barely audible.

'And it's all the money I have, but I can get some more if I need to..'

'Well, what a coincidence,' smiled the man.. 'A dollar and eleven cents---the exact price of a miracle for little brothers.'

He took her money in one hand and with the other hand he grasped her mitten and said 'Take me to where you live. I want to see your brother and meet your parents. Let's see if I have the miracle you need.'

That well-dressed man was Dr. Carlton Armstrong, a surgeon, specializing in neuro-surgery. The operation was completed free of charge and it wasn't long until Andrew was home again and doing well.

Mom and Dad were happily talking about the chain of events that had led them to this place.

'That surgery,' her Mom whispered. 'was a real miracle. I wonder how much it would have cost?'

Tess smiled. She knew exactly how much a miracle cost....one dollar and eleven cents...plus the faith of a little child.

In our lives, we never know how many miracles we will need.

A miracle is not the suspension of natural law, but the operation of a higher law.
Old 09-26-2012, 04:52 PM   #2951
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

I grew up with practical parents. A mother, God love her, who washed aluminum foil after she cooked in it, then reused it. She was the original recycle queen before they had a name for it. A father who was happier getting old shoes fixed than buying new ones.

Their marriage was good, their dreams focused. Their best friends lived barely a wave away.

I can see them now, Dad in trousers, tee shirt and a hat and Mom in a house dress, lawn mower in one hand, and dish-towel in the other. It was the time for fixing things. A curtain rod, the kitchen radio, screen door, the oven door, the hem in a dress. Things we keep.

It was a way of life, and sometimes it made me crazy. All that re-fixing, eating, renewing, I wanted just once to be wasteful. Waste meant affluence. Throwing things away meant you knew there would always be more.

But then my mother died, and on that clear summer's night, in the warmth of the hospital room, I was struck with the pain of learning that sometimes there isn't any more.

Sometimes, what we care about most gets all used up and goes away...never to return.. So... While we have it..... it's best we love it.... And care for it... And fix it when it's broken......... And heal it when it's sick.

This is true. For marriage...... And old cars..... And children with bad report cards..... And dogs with bad hips.... And aging parents...... And grandparents. We keep them because they are worth it, because we are worth it.

Some things we keep. Like a best friend that moved away or a classmate we grew up with.

There are just some things that make life important, like people we know who are special........ And so, we keep them close!
Old 09-27-2012, 02:32 AM   #2952
Stazon Splitcoast

Caterina- the above post hit it right on the nail. thanks
Old 09-28-2012, 01:12 PM   #2953
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

TIME FOR A CHUCKLE....

Football Entrance Exam

What language is spoken in France?

Give a dissertation on the ancient Babylonian Empire with particular reference to architecture, literature, law and social conditions
-OR- give the first name of Pierre Trudeau.

Would you ask William Shakespeare to (a) build a bridge (b) sail the ocean (c) lead an army or (d) WRITE A PLAY

What religion is the Pope? (a) Jewish (b) Catholic (c) Hindu (d) Polish
(e) Agnostic. [check only one]

Metric conversion. How many feet is 0.0 meters?

What time is it when the big hand is on the 12 and the little hand is on the 5?

How many commandments was Moses given? (approximately)

What are people in America's far North called? (a) Westerners
(b) Southerners (c) Northerners

Spell presidents -- Obama, Bush, and Clinton

Six kings of England have been called George, the last one being George the Sixth. Name the last four.

Where does rain come from? (a) Macy's (b) a 7-11 (c) Canada (d) the sky

Can you explain Einstein's Theory of Relativity? (a) yes (b) no

What are coat hangers used for?

The Star Spangled Banner is the National Anthem for what country?

Explain Le Chateliers Principle of Dynamic Equilibrium
-OR- spell your name in BLOCK LETTERS.

Where is the basement in a three story building located?

Which part of America produces the most oranges? (a) New York
(b) Florida (c) Canada (d) Wisconsin

Advanced mathematics. If you have three apples, how many apples do you have?

What does NBC (National Broadcasting Corp.) stand for?

** You must answer three or more questions correctly to qualify **
Old 09-28-2012, 02:37 PM   #2954
Die Cut Diva

Oh, I'm so glad I didn't try out for football .... that sure is a tough entrance exam! LOL!
*wink*

~ Rita
Old 09-28-2012, 02:42 PM   #2955
Proud Fan Club Member

Hilarious! I know some football fans who need to read this! LOL
Old 09-30-2012, 06:24 PM   #2956
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

The Shoe Man

My alarm went off
It was Sunday again.
I was sleepy and tired
My one day to sleep in.
But the guilt I would feel
The rest of the day
Would have been too much
So I'd go and I'd pray.

I showered and shaved
I adjusted my tie.
I got there and sat
In a pew just in time.
Bowing my head in prayer
As I closed my eyes.
I saw the shoe of the man next to me
Touching my own. I sighed.
With plenty of room on either side
I thought, "Why must our soles touch?"
It bothered me, his shoe touching mine
But it didn't bother him much.

A prayer began: "Our Father"...

I thought, "This man with the shoes
has no pride.
They're dusty, worn, and scratched
Even worse, there are holes on the side!"

"Thank You for blessings," the prayer went on.

The shoe man said
a quiet "Amen."
I tried to focus on the prayer
But my thoughts were on his shoes again.
Aren't we supposed to look our best
When walking through that door?
"Well, this certainly isn't it," I thought,
Glancing toward the floor.

Then the prayer was ended
And the songs of praise began.
The shoe man was certainly loud
Sounding proud as he sang.
His voice lifted the rafters
His hands were raised high.
The Lord could surely hear
The shoe man's voice from the sky.

It was time for the offering
And what I threw in was steep.
I watched as the shoe man reached
Into his pockets so deep.
I saw what was pulled out
What the shoe man put in.
Then I heard a soft "clink"
as when silver hits tin.

The sermon really bored me
To tears, and that's no lie
It was the same for the shoe man
For tears fell from his eyes.
At the end of the service
As is the custom here
We must greet new visitors
And show them all good cheer.

But I felt moved somehow
And wanted to meet the shoe man
So after the closing prayer
I reached over and shook his hand.
He was old and his skin was dark
And his hair was truly a mess
But I thanked him for coming
For being our guest.

He said, "My names' Charlie
I'm glad to meet you, my friend."
There were tears in his eyes
But he had a large, wide grin
"Let me explain," he said
Wiping tears from his eyes.
"I've been coming here for months
And you're the first to say 'Hi.'"

"I know that my appearance
Is not like all the rest
"But I really do try
To always look my best.
"I always clean and polish my shoes
Before my very long walk.
"But by the time I get here
They're dirty and dusty, like chalk."

My heart filled with pain
and I swallowed to hide my tears
As he continued to apologize
For daring to sit so near.
He said, "When I get here
I know I must look a sight.
"But I thought if I could touch you
Then maybe our souls might unite."

I was silent for a moment
Knowing whatever was said
Would pale in comparison
I spoke from my heart, not my head.

"Oh, you've touched me," I said,
"And taught me, in part;
"That the best of any man
Is what is found in his heart."

The rest, I thought,
This shoe man will never know.
Like just how thankful I really am
That his dirty old shoe touched my soul

Old 10-01-2012, 06:28 AM   #2957
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

To give your Monday a great start...

Single Dad's Last Chance Moves an Entire Audience - With an Awesome Song
Old 10-02-2012, 07:02 PM   #2958
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Saying the Lord's Prayer

Matthew 6:9-13

(person)- 'Our Father which art in heaven...'

(God)---Yes?

(person)- Don't interrupt me. I'm praying.

(God)---But you called me.

(person)-Called you? I didn't call you. I'm praying. "Our Father which art in heaven..."

(God)---There you did it again.

(person)-Did what?

(God)---Called me. You said, "Our Father which art in heaven." Here I am...What's on your mind?

(person)-But I didn't mean anything by it. I was, you know, just saying my prayers for the day. I always say the Lord's Prayer. It makes me feel good, kind of like getting a duty done.

(God)---All right. Go on.

(person)-"Hallowed be thy name..."

(God)---Hold it. What do you mean by that?

(person) By what?

(God)---By "hallowed be thy name"?

(person)-It means... it means... Good grief, I don't know what it means. How should I know? It's just a part of the prayer. By the way, what does it mean?

(God)---It means honored, holy, wonderful.

(person)-Hey, that makes sense. I never thought about what "hallowed" meant before. "Thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven."

(God)---Do you really mean that?

(person)-Sure, why not?

(God)---What are you doing about it?

(person)-Doing? Nothing, I guess. I just think it would be kind of neat if you got control of everything down here like you have up there.

(God)---Have I got control of you?

(person)-Well, I go to church.

(God)---That isn't what I asked you. What about your bad temper? You've really got a problem there, you know. And then there's the way you spend your money---all on yourself. And what about the kind of books you read?

(person)-Stop picking on me! I'm just as good as some of the rest of those people at the church.

(God)---Excuse me. I thought you were praying for my will to be done. If that is to happen, it will have to start with the ones who are praying for it. Like you, for example.

(person)-Oh, all right. I guess I do have some hang-ups. Now that you mention it, I could probably name some others.

(God)---So could I.

(person)-I haven't thought about it very much until now, but I really would like to cut out some of those things. I would like to, you know, be really free.

(God)---Good. Now we're getting somewhere. We'll work together, you and I. Some victories can truly be won. I'm proud of you.

(person)-Look, Lord, I need to finish up here. This is taking a lot longer than it usually does. "Give us this day, our daily bread."

(God)---You need to cut out the bread. You're overweight as it is.

(person)-Hey, wait a minute! What is this, "Criticize me day"? Here I was doing my religious duty, and all of a sudden you break in and remind me of all my hang-ups.

(God)---Praying is a dangerous thing. You could wind up changed, you know. That's what I'm trying to get across to you. You called me, and here I am. It's too late to stop now. Keep praying, I'm interested in the next part of your prayer...(pause).

Well, go on.

(person)-I'm scared to.

(God)---Scared? Of what?

(person)-I know what you'll say.

(God)---Try me and see.

(person)-"Forgive us our sins, as we forgive those who sin against us."

(God)---What about Ann?

(person)-See? I knew it! I knew you would bring her up! Why, Lord, she's told lies about me, spread stories about my family. She never paid back the debt she owes me. I've sworn to get even with her!

(God)---But your prayer? What about your prayer?

(person)-I didn't mean it.

(God)---Well, at least you're admitting it. But it's not much fun carrying that load of bitterness around inside, is it?

(person)-No. But I'll feel better as soon as I get even. Boy, have I got some plans for that neighbor. She'll wish she had never moved into this neighborhood.

(God)---You won't feel any better. You'll feel worse. Revenge isn't sweet. Think of how unhappy you already are. But I can change all that.

(person)-You can? How?

(God)---Forgive Ann. Then I'll forgive you. Then the hate and sin will be Ann's problem and not yours. You will have settled your heart.

(person)-Oh, you're right. You always are. And more than I want to revenge Ann, I want to be right with you....(pause)...(sigh). All right. All right. I forgive her. Help her to find the right road in life, Lord. She's bound to be awfully miserable now that I think about it. Anybody who goes around doing the things she does to others has to be out of it. Someway, somehow, show her the right way.

(God)---There now! Wonderful! How do you feel?

(person)-Hmmm. Well, not bad. Not bad at all. In fact, I feel pretty great! You know, I don't think I'll have to go to bed uptight tonight for the first time since I can remember. Maybe I won't be so tired from now on because I'm not getting enough rest.

(God)---You're not through with your prayer. Go on.

(person)-Oh, all right. "And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil."

(God)---Good! Good! I'll do that. Just don't put yourself in a place where you can be tempted.

(person)-What do you mean by that?

(God)---Don't turn on the TV when you know the laundry needs to be done and the house needs to be picked up. Also, about the time you spend coffee-ing with your friends, if you can't influence the conversation to positive things, perhaps you should re-think the value of those friendships. Another thing, your neighbors and friends shouldn't be your standard for "keeping up". And please don't use me for an escape hatch.

(person)-I don't understand the last part.

(God)---Sure you do. You've done it a lot of times. You get caught in a bad situation. You get into trouble and then you come running to me, "Lord, help me out of this mess, and I promise you I'll never do it again." You remember some of those bargains you tried to make with me?

(person)-Yes, and I'm ashamed, Lord. I really am. (God)---Which bargain are you remembering?

(person)-Well, there was the night that the children and I were home alone. The wind was blowing so hard I thought the roof would go any minute and tornado warnings were out. I remember praying, "Oh, God, if you spare us, I'll never skip my devotions again."

(God) --Did you?

(person)-I'm sorry, Lord, I really am. Up until now I thought that if I just prayed the Lord's Prayer every day, then I could do what I liked. I didn't expect anything to happen like it did.

(God)---Go ahead and finish your prayer.

(person)-"For Thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory forever." Amen

(God)---Do you know what would bring me glory? What would really make me happy?

(person)-No, but I'd like to know. I want now to please you. I can see what a mess I've made of my life. And I can see how great it would be to really be one of your followers.

(God)---You just answered the question.

(person)-I did?

(God)---Yes. The thing that would bring me glory is to have people like you truly love me. And I see that happening between us. Now that some of these old sins are exposed and out of the way, well, there is no telling what we can do together.

(person) - Lord, let's see what we can make of me, OK? Amen!
Old 10-03-2012, 02:57 AM   #2959
Die Cut Diva

Caterina .... Thank you! This is great! Can you tell me who wrote it or where you found it?

Rita
Old 10-03-2012, 05:46 AM   #2960
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stamping Servant View Post
Caterina .... Thank you! This is great! Can you tell me who wrote it or where you found it?

Rita

Rita, I subscribed to God Vine (Christian Videos, Gospel Videos - GodVine) and they email encouraging messages and videos. This one was sent to me yesterday and they did not give the author.