Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree294Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-11-2012, 06:16 AM   #2881
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Make a Difference

It might sound like a cliche, but the smallest kind gesture can make the biggest difference in someone's life. Read this one...

My day started just like all the other days for the past 15 years where I get up, make some coffee, shower, get dressed and leave for the train station at preciously 7:35 A.M. to arrive at work by 8:30. While on the train I would always choose a seat away from the crowd so I can read the newspaper in peace and quiet. At work I am always being bombarded with questions from coworkers, suppliers, telephone and then those dreaded meetings so the last thing I need is some stranger to sit beside me and make small talk.

I don't know why but for some reason when I got on the train today it was unusually full, something I don't recall ever happening in the past. With hesitation I sat down in the only seat available beside a middle aged man that had his head down and seemed to be lost in his thoughts. I was glad that he didn't notice when I sat next to him as he just continued to look down towards the floor.

Shortly after the train left for my 30 minute ride downtown I found myself wondering what this man was thinking about. What could be so important that he didn't even see me sit next to him? I tried to forget about it and started to read my paper. However, for some strange reason this "inner voice" kept prompting me to talk to this man. I tried to ignore the "voice" as there was no way I was starting a conversation with a complete stranger.

As you probably guessed I eventually broke down and came up with an excuse to ask him a question. When he raised his head and turned his eyes towards me I could see that he must have been really upset as he had red eyes and still had some tears rolling down the side of his face despite his feeble attempt to wipe them away. I can't describe the sadness I felt seeing someone in so much pain.

We talked for about 20 minutes and in the end he seemed to be doing better. As we were leaving the train he thanked me profusely for being an angel by taking the time to talk. I never did find out what was making his heart so heavy with pain but was glad I listened to the "voice" that day.

Several weeks had passed when I noticed an envelope on my desk after returning from lunch. It was not addressed to anyone and only had the word "Angel" written on it. My receptionist attached a note saying a gentleman dropped it off saying he did not know my name but had described me well enough that the receptionist knew it was for me. When I read the note inside the envelope I was so filled with emotions that I couldn't contain myself. It was a letter from the man I met on the train thanking me again for talking to him and saving his life that day. Apparently he had some very hurtful personal problems that were so overwhelming he was planning to take his life that day. In his letter he went on to explain that he was a religious person and in desperation screamed out to god that if god really cared about him he would send someone to prevent him from taking his life. In his eyes I was that someone, that Angel sent by God.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-12-2012, 07:30 AM   #2882
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Just This Once

This is a reminder to hold those we love close and make the time for them. Whether it's our children, parents, or spouse...the meaning is the same.

Just for this morning, I am going to step over the laundry and pick you up and take you to the park to play.

Just for this morning, I will leave the dishes in the sink, and let you teach me how to put that puzzle of yours together.

Just for this afternoon, I will unplug the telephone and keep the computer off, and sit with you in the backyard and blow bubbles.

Just for this afternoon, I will not yell once, not even a tiny grumble, when you scream and whine for the ice cream truck, and I will buy you one if he comes by.

Just for this afternoon, I won't worry about what you are going to be when you grow up, or second guess every decision I have made where you are concerned.

Just for this afternoon, I will let you help me bake cookies, and I won't stand over you trying to fix them.

Just for this evening, I will hold you in my arms and tell you a story about how you were born and how much I love you.

Just for this evening, I will let you splash in the tub and not get angry.

Just for this evening, I will let you stay up late while we sit on the porch and count all the stars.

Just for this evening, I will snuggle beside you for hours,and miss my favorite TV shows.

Just for this evening when I run my finger through your hair as you pray, I will simply be grateful that God has given me the greatest gift ever given.

I will think about the mothers And fathers who are searching for their missing children, the mothers and fathers who are visiting their children's graves instead of their bedrooms, and mothers and fathers who are in hospital rooms watching their children suffer senselessly, and screaming inside that they can't handle it anymore.

And when I kiss you good night I will hold you a little tighter, a little longer. It is then, that I will thank God for you, and ask him for nothing,except one more day...
Old 07-13-2012, 11:35 AM   #2883
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

The Treasures Inside

A man was exploring caves by the seashore. In one of the caves he found a canvas bag with a bunch of hardened clay balls. It was like someone had rolled clay balls and left them out in the sun to bake.

They didn't look like much, but they intrigued the man, so he took the bag out of the cave with him. As he strolled along the beach, he would throw the clay balls one at a time out into the ocean as far as he could.

He thought little about it, until he dropped one of the clay balls and it cracked open on a rock. Inside was a beautiful, precious stone!

Excited, the man started breaking open the remaining clay balls. Each contained a similar treasure. He found thousands of dollars worth of jewels in the 20 or so clay balls he had left. Then it struck him.

He had been on the beach a long time. He had thrown maybe 50 or 60 of the clay balls with their hidden treasure into the ocean waves. Instead of thousands of dollars in treasure, he could have taken home tens of thousands, but he had just thrown it away!

It's like that with people. We look at someone, maybe even ourselves, and we see the external clay vessel. It doesn't look like much from the outside. It isn't always beautiful or sparkling, so we discount it. We see that person as less important than someone more beautiful or stylish or well known or wealthy. But we have not taken the time to find the treasure hidden inside that person.

There is a treasure in each and every one of us. If we take the time to get to know that person, and if we ask God to show us that person the way He sees them, then the clay begins to peel away and the brilliant gem begins to shine forth.

May we not come to the end of our lives and find out that we have thrown away a fortune in friendships because the gems were hidden in bits of clay. May we see the people in our world as God sees them.
Old 07-14-2012, 12:55 PM   #2884
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

The Whisper Of A Child

A child's love is like a whisper,
given in little ways we do not hear.
But if you listen closely
it will be very clear.

They often do not say it loud,
but in how they come to you...
"Daddy, will you play with me?"
"Mommy, tie my shoe?"

The many ways they tell you,
changes as they grow.
"Dad, I made the team today!"
"Mom, I've Got to go!"

"Pop, I need some money,
You see there's this girl at school..."
"Mama, I met a boy today
and Wow, he is so cool!"

"Dad, I've got something to tell you...
I think she is the one!"
"Mom, he asked me to marry him.
Would you love him as your son?"

"Dad, I've got some news for you...
It's going to be a boy!"
"Mom, I'm kind of scared of this,
yet I'm filled with joy!"

A child's love is like a whisper,
given in little ways we do not hear.
But if you listen closely,
it will be very clear.

They often do not say it loud,
but in how they come to you...
"Grandpa, will you play with me?"
"Grandma, tie my shoe?"

It is never ending;
A blessing from above.
Listen to the whispers of a child's love.

Old 07-15-2012, 06:05 AM   #2885
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Some Sunday funnies...

First Graders are Smarter than you think –

A first grade teacher collected well known proverbs. She gave each child
in her class the first half of a proverb and asked them to come up with
the remainder of the proverb. It's hard to believe these were actually
done by first graders. Their insight may surprise you. While reading these
keep in mind that these are first graders (6) year-olds, because the last
one is classic!

Better to be safe than......................punch a 5th grader.

Strike while the .......................bug is close.

It's always darkest before..................Daylight Saving Time.

Never underestimate the power of............termites.

You can lead a horse to water but...........how?

Don't bite the hand that....................looks dirty.

No news is..................................impossible.

A miss is as good as a......................Mr.

You can't teach an old dog new..............math.

If you lie down with dogs, you'll...........stink in the morning.

Love all, trust.............................me.

The pen is mightier than the................pigs.

An idle mind is.............................the best way to relax.

Where there's smoke there's.................pollution.

Happy the bride who.........................gets all the presents.

A penny saved is............................not much.

Two's company, three's......................the Musketeers.

Don't put off till tomorrow what............you put on to go to bed.

Laugh and the whole world laughs with you, cry and.....you have to blow
your nose.

There are none so blind as..................Stevie Wonder.

Children should be seen and not.............spanked or grounded.

If at first you don't succeed...............get new batteries.

You get out of something only what you..... see in the picture on the box.

When the blind leadeth the blind............get out of the way.
Old 07-18-2012, 05:05 AM   #2886
Stazon Splitcoast

You Are Precious to God

You're worth more than you know. Your soul was purchased with Jesus' blood, and your love for God is your thank you.

— from Ask the Bible Geek
Old 07-18-2012, 06:19 AM   #2887
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyj View Post
You Are Precious to God

You're worth more than you know. Your soul was purchased with Jesus' blood, and your love for God is your thank you.

— from Ask the Bible Geek

Awesome post Joan, thanks!!!
Old 07-18-2012, 06:19 AM   #2888
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

These two little girls will bless your heart....

Click below
GodVine
Old 07-20-2012, 07:30 AM   #2889
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

The Pastor's Cat

Dwight Nelson recently told a true story about the pastor of his church. He had a kitten that climbed up a tree in his backyard and then was afraid to come down. The pastor coaxed, offered warm milk, etc.

The kitty would not come down. The tree was not sturdy enough to climb, so the pastor decided that if he tied a rope to his car and pulled it until the tree bent down, he could then reach up and get the kitten.

That's what he did, all the while checking his progress in the car. He then figured if he went just a little bit further, the tree would be bent sufficiently for him to reach the kitten. But as he moved the car a little further forward, the rope broke.

The tree went 'boing!' and the kitten instantly sailed through the air - out of sight.

The pastor felt terrible. He walked all over the neighborhood asking people if they'd seen a little kitten. No. Nobody had seen a stray kitten.

So he prayed, 'Lord, I just commit this kitten to your keeping,' and went on about his business.

A few days later he was at the grocery store, and met one of his church members. He happened to look into her shopping cart and was amazed to see cat food.

This woman was a cat hater and everyone knew it, so he asked her, 'Why are you buying cat food when you hate cats so much?' She replied, 'You won't believe this,' and then told him how her little girl had been begging her for a cat, but she kept refusing.

Then a few days before, the child had begged again, so the Mom finally told her little girl, 'Well, if God gives you a cat, I'll let you keep it.'

She told the pastor, 'I watched my child go out in the yard, get on her knees, and ask God for a cat. And really, Pastor, you won't believe this, but I saw it with my own eyes. A kitten suddenly came flying out of the blue sky, with its paws outspread, and landed right in front of her.'

Lesson learned... Never underestimate the Power of God and His unique sense of humor.
Old 07-20-2012, 09:37 AM   #2890
Die Cut Diva

Caterina ... I just laughed out loud as I read this story about the kitty who went on a flying trip and landed right in front of it's new owner! Thanks for sharing this story.
Old 07-20-2012, 10:31 AM   #2891
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stamping Servant View Post
Caterina ... I just laughed out loud as I read this story about the kitty who went on a flying trip and landed right in front of it's new owner! Thanks for sharing this story.

Glad you got a laugh out of it. It really is an old story that I might have posted before but came across it again and thought to post.
Old 07-22-2012, 09:05 AM   #2892
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

SOME SUNDAY FUNNIES....

During a New Jersey jury selection, the judge is picking a jury for a drug distribution case.
He starts by asking, "Is there anyone here that can't participate in this particular case?"
A lady in the back of the jury selection pool raises her hand and says,
"Judge, I can't be on this jury because of my occupation."
The judge inquires, "Madame, what is it that you do?
"The lady answer, "Your honor, I'm a soothsayer."
The judge responds, "Alright, so exactly how does that prevent you from sitting on this jury?"
The lady explains, "I already know how the case is going to turn out."
_________

Considerations…

1. I read recipes the same way I read science fiction. I get to the end
and think, "Well, that's not going to happen".
2. All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to
criticism.
3. I'm not 40-something. I'm $39.95, plus shipping and handling.
4. How is it that one careless match can start a forest fire, but it takes
a whole box to start a campfire?
5. Doctors can be frustrating. You wait a month-and-a-half for an
appointment, and he says, "I wish you'd have come to me sooner."
_________

Men need to memorize these words inherent in some wives and girlfriends:

NINE WORDS WOMEN MAY USE...

(1) Fine: This is the word women use to end an argument when they are right and you need to shut up.

(2) Five Minutes: If she is getting dressed, this means a half an hour. Five minutes is only five minutes if you have just been given five more minutes to watch the game before helping around the house.

(3) Nothing: This is the calm before the storm. This means something, and you should be on your toes. Arguments that begin with nothing usually end in fine.

(4) Go Ahead: This is a dare, not permission. Don't Do It!

(5) Loud Sigh: This is not actually a word, but is a non-verbal statement often misunderstood by men. A loud sigh means she thinks you are NOT the smartest person and wonders why she is wasting her time standing here and arguing with you about nothing. (Refer back to # 3 for the meaning of nothing.)

(6) That's Okay: This is one of the most dangerous statements a women can make to a man. That's okay means she wants to think long and hard before deciding how and when you will pay for your mistake.

(7) Thanks : A woman is thanking you, do not question, or faint. Just say you're welcome. (I want to add in a clause here - This is true, unless she says 'Thanks a lot' - that is PURE sarcasm and she is not thanking you at all. DO NOT say 'you're welcome'.. That will bring on a 'whatever').

(8 ) Whatever: Is a woman's way of saying...Get away from me NOW.

(9) Don't worry about it, I got it: Another dangerous statement, meaning this is something that a woman has told a man to do several times, but is now doing it herself. This will later result in a man asking 'What's wrong?' For the woman's response refer to # 3.
Old 07-23-2012, 07:55 PM   #2893
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

"Always be a little kinder than necessary."
James M. Barrie
Old 07-25-2012, 05:30 AM   #2894
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Harsh Words

Sometimes we are the harshest with the people around us. This poem puts it into perspective.

I ran into a stranger as he passed by,
"Oh excuse me please" was my reply.
He said, "Please excuse me too;
I wasn't watching for you."

We were very polite, this stranger and I.
We went on our way and we said good-bye.
But at home a different story is told,
How we treat our loved ones, young and old.

Later that day, cooking the evening meal,
My son stood beside me very still.
When I turned, I nearly knocked him down.
"Move out of the way," I said with a frown.
He walked away, his little heart broken.
I didn't realize how harshly I'd spoken.

While I lay awake in bed,
God's still small voice came to me and said,
"While dealing with a stranger, common courtesy you use,
but the children you love, you seem to abuse.
Go and look on the kitchen floor,
You'll find some flowers there by the door.

Those are the flowers he brought for you.
He picked them himself: pink, yellow and blue.
He stood very quietly not to spoil the surprise,
you never saw the tears that filled his little eyes."

By this time, I felt very small,
And now my tears began to fall.
I quietly went and knelt by his bed;
"Wake up, little one, wake up," I said.

"Are these the flowers you picked for me?"
He smiled, "I found 'em, out by the tree.
I picked 'em because they're pretty like you.
I knew you'd like 'em, especially the blue."

I said, "Son, I'm very sorry for the way I acted today;
I shouldn't have yelled at you that way."
He said, "Oh, Mom, that's okay.
I love you anyway."

I said, "Son, I love you too,
and I do like the flowers, especially the blue."
Old 07-26-2012, 09:02 AM   #2895
Die Cut Diva

Default Praise God in All Things

Saw this quote today and thought I'd share it with you.

Joy is the settled assurance
that God is in control
of all the details of my life;
the quiet confidence
that ultimately everything
is going to be all right;
and the determined choice
to praise God in all things.

~ Kay Warren
Old 07-26-2012, 09:33 AM   #2896
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stamping Servant View Post
Saw this quote today and thought I'd share it with you.

Joy is the settled assurance
that God is in control
of all the details of my life;
the quiet confidence
that ultimately everything
is going to be all right;
and the determined choice
to praise God in all things.

~ Kay Warren

Thanks Rita for your lovely post. <3
Old 07-26-2012, 11:43 AM   #2897
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Learning From Geese

It seems we can learn a lot from geese. Here are some facts and lessons about them.

We live in an area where geese are very common. We see them coming in the Fall and leaving early Spring. Their migration is an awesome sight. There is an interdependence in the way geese function.

FACT: As each bird flaps its wings, it creates an "uplift" for the bird following. By flying in a "V" formation, the whole flock adds 71% greater flying range than if each bird flew alone.

LESSON: People who share a common direction and sense of community can get where they are going quicker and easier because they are traveling on the thrust of one another. A shared vision and sense of purpose create synergy, making the going a little easier for all.

FACT: Whenever a goose falls out of formation, it suddenly feels the drag and resistance of trying to fly alone. It quickly gets back into formation to take advantage of the "lifting power" of the bird immediately in front.

LESSON: If we have as much sense as a goose, we will stay in formation with those we see who are headed where we want to go.

FACT: When the lead goose gets tired, it rotates back into the formation and another goose flies at the point position.

LESSON: It pays to take turns doing the hard tasks and sharing leadership -- people, as with geese, are interdependent upon one another.

FACT: The geese in formation honk from behind to encourage those up front to keep up their speed.

LESSON: Positive encouragement is a strong motivator. We need to make sure our "honking" from behind is empowering, and not something less helpful.

FACT: When a goose gets sick or wounded, two geese drop out of formation to follow him or her down to help and protect their fallen companion. They stay with him/her until [s]he is either able to fly again or dies. Then they launch out on their own with another formation or catch up with their flock.

LESSON: If we have as much sense as the geese, we will learn to stand by each other as we are achieving our goals.
Old 07-28-2012, 06:21 AM   #2898
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

A 7th Grader's Miracles
By Marta C., 7th-grader

When I was only 18 months old, I was diagnosed with lead poisoning. I was supposed to end up in the hospital in a wheelchair.

My parents told me that the day I was brought into the hospital, my face was yellow and I wouldn't stop crying. The doctor said it was permanent. But in just one month, I
went back to the doctor, and he said the lead poisoning was completely gone. My parents had prayed for me throughout the whole month, hoping it would go away.

My dad always drank. My older brother and I always got scared of him when he came home drunk. One day, my dad had to go to the hospital because he drank too much. He was in the hospital for one month, and I prayed every day for him to get better. My dad was in pain and agony, and no medicine made him feel better. By the time my dad was able to come home, the doctor said he had one year to live. My dad is now 52, and it has been six years. My dad stopped drinking when I got into second grade. It was a miracle. Ever since, my dad never drank again.

The doctor told me 11 years ago that I would be in a wheelchair, unable to talk, see, move or do anything. Yet in second grade, I was entered in a Talented Artist Program; in fifth grade, I was in honors classes; in sixth grade I was in a play and on two softball teams; and in seventh grade, I am in a play, am president of my class, and I am in a Documentary Film Club.

I thank God every day for the blessings he gave me. He is what motivates me and inspires me every day. He inspires me to be the best I can. My parents' love for me also inspires me to be the best of the best. I love God and my family.
Old 07-29-2012, 07:22 AM   #2899
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

This is something to think about when negative people are doing their best to rain on your parade.

So remember this story the next time someone who knows nothing and cares less tries to make your life miserable.

A woman was at her hairdresser's getting her hair styled for a trip to Rome with her husband.

She mentioned the trip to the hairdresser, who responded:
"Rome ? Why would anyone want to go there? It's crowded and dirty. You're crazy to go to Rome.

So, how are you getting there?"

"We're taking Continental," was the reply. "We got a great rate!"

"Continental?" exclaimed the hairdresser. "That's a terrible airline. Their planes are old, their flight attendants are ugly, and they're always late.

So, where are you staying in Rome ?"

"We'll be at this exclusive little place over on Rome 's Tiber River called Teste."

"Don't go any further. I know that place. Everybody thinks it’s gonna be something special and exclusive, but it's really a dump."

"We're going to go to see the Vatican and maybe get to see the Pope."
"That's rich," laughed the hairdresser. You and a million other people trying to see him. He'll look the size of an ant.”

“Boy, good luck on this lousy trip of yours. You're going to need it."

A month later, the woman again came in for a haircut. The hairdresser asked her about her trip to Rome.

"It was wonderful," explained the woman, "not only were we on time in one of Continental's brand new planes, but it was overbooked, and they bumped us up to first class. The food and wine were wonderful, and I had a handsome 28-year-old steward who waited on me hand and foot.

And the hotel was great! They'd just finished a $5 million remodeling job, and now it's a jewel, the finest hotel in the city. They, too, were overbooked, so they apologized and gave us their owner's suite at no extra charge!"

"Well," muttered the hairdresser, "that's all well and good, but I know you didn't get to see the Pope."

"Actually, we were quite lucky, because as we toured the Vatican, a Swiss Guard tapped me on the shoulder, and explained that the Pope likes to meet some of the visitors, and if I'd be so kind as to step into his private room and wait, the Pope would personally greet me.

Sure enough, five minutes later, the Pope walked through the door and shook my hand! I knelt down and he spoke a few words to me.."

"Oh, really! What'd he say?"
He asked: "Who messed up your hair?"
Old 07-30-2012, 05:30 AM   #2900
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Be An Encourager

This may seem like common sense to some, but it's so very important to be an encourager and not a source of negativity. It goes beyond what you even realize.

With so many people in the world telling us we can't succeed, we need to hear people telling us we can.

I remember my high school English teacher telling me not to apply to Cornell University because they wouldn't accept me and even if they did I wouldn't be able to do the work. (It's funny that I'm a writer now).

I almost didn't apply but a few days later I saw Ivan Foldfarb, a former teacher, in the hallway and asked him about Cornell. He said, "If you get in, then you go. You can do it." His words made all the difference. I applied, was accepted and majored in Lacrosse.

Too often we think it's our role to inject a dose of "reality" into someone's life. We think it's our job to protect people from the pain of failure and defeat. We think we must point out how bad the economy is and how horrible the job market is and how the sky is falling. We think that dreams were meant for others.

I say there are enough pessimists and "realists" in the world. The world doesn't need more negativity and impossible thinkers. The world needs more optimists, encouragers, and inspirers.

The world needs more people to speak into the hearts of others and say "I believe in you." "Follow your passion and live your purpose." "If you have the desire then you also have the power to make it happen." "Keep working hard." "You're improving and getting better. Keep it up." "The economy is tough but you can still grow your business." "The job market is not great but I believe you'll find the right job for you." "We've hit a lot of obstacles but we'll get the project finished." "Even if you fail it will lead to something even better." "You're learning and growing." 

When it comes to encouragement I know that every one of us loves working for and with people who bring out the best in us. We love being around people who uplift us and make us feel great.

And while we'll always remember the negative people who told us we couldn't accomplish something, we will always cherish and hold a special place in our heart for those who encouraged us.

Today I want to encourage you to be an encourager. So often the difference between success and failure is belief. And so often that belief is instilled in us by someone who encouraged us.

Today decide to be that person who instills a positive belief in someone who needs to hear your encouraging words. Uplift someone who is feeling down. Fuel your team with your positive energy. Rally others to focus on what is possible rather than what seems impossible.

Share encouragement. It matters and we all need it.
Old 07-31-2012, 12:22 PM   #2901
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

The Whisper Test

Mary Ann Bird was born with multiple birth defects. She suffered not only from her physical impairments but also with the emotional trauma of "being different" from others:

I grew up knowing I was different, and I hated it. I was born with a cleft palate, and when I started school, my classmates made it clear to me how I looked to others: a little girl with a misshapen lip, crooked nose, lopsided teeth, and garbled speech.

When schoolmates asked, "What happened to your lip?" I'd tell them I'd fallen and cut it on a piece of glass. Somehow it seemed more acceptable to have suffered an accident than to have been born different. I was convinced that no one outside my family could love me.

There was, however, a teacher in the second grade whom we all adored -- Mrs. Leonard by name. She was short, round, happy -- a sparkling lady.

Annually we had a hearing test. Mrs. Leonard gave the test to everyone in the class, and finally it was my turn. I knew from past years that as we stood against the door and covered one ear, the teacher sitting at her desk would whisper something, and we would have to repeat it back -- things like "The sky is blue" or "Do you have new shoes?" I waited there for those words that God must have put into her mouth, those seven words that changed my life. Mrs. Leonard said, in her whisper, "I wish you were MY little girl."

Old 08-03-2012, 08:40 AM   #2902
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

8 Beautiful Babies That Will Make You Smile =)
This gallery of adorable babies will give you warm fuzzy feelings all over - just check it out! ... click below

GodVine
Old 08-06-2012, 02:55 PM   #2903
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

A Father's Love Letter

The words you are about to experience are true. They will change your life if you let them. For they come from the very heart of God... He loves you...and He is the Father you have been looking for all your life. This is His love letter to you...

My Child...

You may not know me, but I know everything about you ...Psalm 139:1

I know when you sit down and when you rise up ...Psalm 139:2

I am familiar with all your ways ...Psalm 139:3

Even the very hairs on your head are numbered ...Matthew 10:29-31

For you were made in my image ...Genesis 1:27

In me you live and move and have your being ...Acts 17:28

For you are my offspring ...Acts 17:28

I knew you even before you were conceived ...Jeremiah 1:4-5

I chose you when I planned creation ...Ephesians 1:11-12

You were not a mistake, for all your days are written in my book ...Psalm 139:15-16

I determined the exact time of your birth and where you would live ...Acts 17:26

You are fearfully and wonderfully made ...Psalm 139:14

I knit you together in your mother's womb ...Psalm 139:13

And brought you forth on the day you were born ...Psalm 71:6

I have been misrepresented by those who don't know me ...John 8:41-44

I am not distant and angry, but am the complete expression of love ...1 John 4:16

And it is my desire to lavish my love on you ...1 John 3:1

Simply because you are my child and I am your Father ...1 John 3:1

I offer you more than your earthly father ever could ...Matthew 7:11

For I am the perfect father ...Matthew 5:48

Every good gift that you receive comes from my hand ...James 1:17

For I am your provider and I meet all your needs ...Matthew 6:31-33

My plan for your future has always been filled with hope ...Jeremiah 29:11

Because I love you with an everlasting love ...Jeremiah 31:3

My thoughts toward you are countless as the sand on the seashore ...Psalms 139:17-18

And I rejoice over you with singing ...Zephaniah 3:17

I will never stop doing good to you ...Jeremiah 32:40

For you are my treasured possession ...Exodus 19:5

I desire to establish you with all my heart and all my soul ...Jeremiah 32:41

And I want to show you great and marvelous things ...Jeremiah 33:3

If you seek me with all your heart, you will find me ...Deuteronomy 4:29

Delight in me and I will give you the desires of your heart ...Psalm 37:4

For it is I who gave you those desires ...Philippians 2:13

I am able to do more for you than you could possibly imagine ...Ephesians 3:20

For I am your greatest encourager ...2 Thessalonians 2:16-17

I am also the Father who comforts you in all your troubles ...2 Corinthians 1:3-4

When you are brokenhearted, I am close to you ...Psalm 34:18

As a shepherd carries a lamb, I have carried you close to my heart ...Isaiah 40:11

One day I will wipe away every tear from your eyes ...Revelation 21:3-4

And I'll take away all the pain you have suffered on this earth ...Revelation 21:3-4

I am your Father, and I love you even as I love my son, Jesus ...John 17:23

For in Jesus, my love for you is revealed ...John 17:26

He is the exact representation of my being ...Hebrews 1:3

He came to demonstrate that I am for you, not against you ...Romans 8:31

And to tell you that I am not counting your sins ...2 Corinthians 5:18-19

Jesus died so that you and I could be reconciled ...2 Corinthians 5:18-19

His death was the ultimate expression of my love for you ...1 John 4:10

I gave up everything I loved that I might gain your love ...Romans 8:31-32

If you receive the gift of my son Jesus, you receive me ...1 John 2:23

And nothing will ever separate you from my love again ...Romans 8:38-39

Come home and I'll throw the biggest party heaven has ever seen ...Luke 15:7

I have always been Father, and will always be Father ...Ephesians 3:14-15

My question is...Will you be my child? ...John 1:12-13

I am waiting for you ...Luke 15:11-32

Love, Your Dad... Almighty God
Old 08-07-2012, 08:11 AM   #2904
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Making Pancakes for Others

Six-year-old Brandon decided one Saturday morning to fix his parents pancakes He found a big bowl and spoon, pulled a chair to the counter, opened the cupboard and pulled out the heavy flour canister, spilling it on the floor.

He scooped some of the flour into the bowl with his hands, mixed in most of a cup of milk and added some sugar, leaving a floury trail on the floor, which by now had a few tracks left by his kitten.

Brandon was covered with flour and getting frustrated. He wanted this to be something very good for Mom and Dad, but it was getting very bad. He didn't know what to do next, whether to put it all into the oven or on the stove and he didn't know how the stove worked! Suddenly he saw his kitten licking from the bowl of mix and reached to push her away, knocking the egg carton to the floor. Frantically he tried to clean up this monumental mess but slipped on the eggs, getting his pajamas white and sticky.

And just then, he saw Dad standing at the door. Big crocodile tears welled up in Brandon's eyes. All he'd wanted to do was something good, but he'd made a terrible mess. He was sure a scolding was coming, maybe even a spanking. But, his father just watched him.

Then, walking through the mess, he picked up his crying son, hugged him and loved him, getting his own pajamas white and sticky in the process!

That's how God deals with us. We try to do something good in life, but it turns into a mess. Our marriage gets all sticky or we insult a friend, or we can't stand our job, or our health goes sour.

Sometimes we just stand there in tears because we can't think of anything else to do. That's when God picks us up and loves us and forgives us, even though some of our mess gets all over Him.

But just because we might mess up, we can't stop trying to "make pancakes" for God or for others. Sooner or later we'll get it right, and then they'll be glad we tried.

I was thinking, and I wondered if I had any wounds needing to be healed, friendships that need rekindling or three words needing to be said... sometimes, "I love you" can heal and bless!

Suppose one morning you were called to God... do all of your friends know you care about them? Remind your special friends and relatives that you love them dearly, while you can, even if you don't think they love back. You would be amazed at what those three little words, a smile, and a reminder like this can do.

Pass some of this love on to others.... and never stop "making pancakes."

Old 08-09-2012, 09:12 AM   #2905
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Three Little Words

If someone mentioned the phrase "three little words" what would your mind conjure up? So many of the most significant messages that people deliver to one another often come in just three words. When spoken or conveyed, those statements have the power to forge new friendships, deepen old ones and restore relationships that have cooled. The following three word phrases can enrich every relationship every bit as much as the most obvious one.

I am here. Being there for another person is the greatest gift we can give. When we are truly presient for other people, important things happen to them and to us. We are renewed in love and friendship. We are restored emotionally and spiritually.

I miss you. Perhaps more friendships could be salvaged and strengthened if people simply and sincerely said to each other, "I miss you." This powerful affirmation tells others that they are wanted, needed, desired and loved.

I respect you. Respect is another way of showing love. Respect conveys the feeling that another person is a true equal. It is a powerful way to affirm the importance of a relationship.

You are right. This phrase is highly effective in diffusing an argument and restoring frayed emotions and, of course, the flipside of "you are right" is the humility of admitting "I am wrong."

Please forgive me. Many broken relationships could be restored and healed if people would admit their mistakes and ask for forgiveness. All of us are vulnerable to faults and failures. A person should never be ashamed to own up that they have been in the wrong, which is saying in other words that they are wiser today than they were yesterday.

I thank you. Gratitude is an exquisite form of courtesy. People who enjoy the companionship of good, close friends are those who don't take daily courtesies for granted. They are quick to thank their friends for their many expressions of kindness. On the other hand, people whose circle of friends is constricted often do not have attitude.

Count on me. "A friend is one who walks in when others walk out." Loyalty is an essential ingredient for true friendship; it is the emotional glue that bonds people. When troubles come, a good friend is there saying "you can count on me."

Let me help. The best of friends see a need and try to fill it. When they spot a hurt they do what they can to heal it. Without being asked they pitch in and help.

I understand you. People become closer and enjoy each other more if they feel that the other person accept and understands them. Letting other people know in so many little ways that you understand them is one of the most powerful tools for strengthening a relationship.

Go for it. Some of your friends may have dreams and plans that may seem beyond reach. Support them and rather than urging them to conform, encourage their uniqueness. Everyone has dreams that no one else has.

I love you. Of course three little words that you were probably expecting to see first in this list have to be reserved for someone very special in our lives. So often God speaks to us in messages of three words and, even if our relationship with him is not as close as it should be at times, we can still be reassured that no matter when we turn to him, he will always say to us:

I forgive you,
I love you.
You are mine,
take my hand,
Go in peace.

This week use whatever three little words are required to restore and deepen relationships with the important people in your life.
Old 08-11-2012, 05:45 AM   #2906
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Hard Truths

One day, I woke early in the morning to watch the sunrise.

Ah the beauty of God's creation is beyond description.

As I watched, I praised God for His beautiful work.

As I sat there, I felt the Lord's presence with me.

He asked me, "Do you love me?"

I answered, "Of course, God! You are my Lord and Savior!"

Then He asked, "If you were physically handicapped, would you still love me?"

I was perplexed. I looked down upon my arms, legs and the rest of my body and wondered how many things I wouldn't be able to do, the things that I took for granted. And I answered, "It would be tough Lord, but I would still love You."

Then the Lord said, "If you were blind, would you still love my creation?"

How could I love something without being able to see it? Then I thought of all the blind people in the world and how many of them still loved God and His creation.
So I answered, "Its hard to think of it, but I would still love you."

The Lord then asked me, "If you were deaf, would you still listen to my word?"

How could I listen to anything being deaf? Then I understood. Listening to God's Word is not merely using our ears, but our hearts. I answered, "It would be tough, but I would still listen to Your word."

The Lord then asked, "If you were mute, would you still praise My Name?"

How could I praise without a voice? Then it occurred to me: God wants us to sing from our very heart and soul. It never matters what we sound like. And praising God is not always with a song, but when we are persecuted, we give God praise with our words of thanks. So I answered, "Though I could not physically sing, I would still praise Your Name.

And the Lord asked, "Do you really love Me?"

With courage and a strong conviction, I answered boldly, "Yes Lord! I love You because You are the one and true God!"

I thought I had answered well, but...

God asked, "THEN WHY DO YOU SIN?"

I answered, "Because I am only human. I am not perfect."

"THEN WHY IN TIMES OF PEACE DO YOU STRAY THE FURTHEST? WHY ONLY IN TIMES OF TROUBLE DO YOU PRAY THE EARNEST?"

No answers. Only tears.

The Lord continued: "Why only sing at fellowships and retreats? Why seek Me only in times of worship? Why ask things so selfishly? Why ask things so unfaithfully?"

The tears continued to roll down my cheeks.

"Why are you ashamed of Me? Why are you not spreading the good news? Why in times of persecution, you cry to others when I offer My shoulder to cry on? Why make excuses when I give you opportunities to serve in My Name?"

I tried to answer, but there was no answer to give.

"You are blessed with life. I made you not to throw this gift away. I have blessed you with talents to serve Me, but you continue to turn away. I have revealed My Word to you, but you do not gain in knowledge. I have spoken to you but your ears were closed. I have shown My blessings to you, but your eyes were turned away. I have sent you servants, but you sat idly by as they were pushed away. I have heard your prayers and I have answered them all."

"DO YOU TRULY LOVE ME ?"

I could not answer. How could I? I was embarrassed beyond belief. I had no excuse. What could I say to this? When I my heart had cried out and the tears had flowed, I said, " Please forgive me Lord. I am unworthy to be Your child."

The Lord answered, "That is My Grace, My child."

I asked, "Then why do you continue to forgive me? Why do You love me so?"

The Lord answered, "Because you are My creation. You are my child. I will never abandon you."

"When you cry, I will have compassion and cry with you.
When you shout with joy, I will laugh with you.
When you are down, I will encourage you.
When you fall, I will raise you up.
When you are tired, I will carry you.
I will be with you till the end of days, and I will love you forever."

Never had I cried so hard before. How could I have been so cold? How could I have hurt God as I had done? I asked God, "How much do You love me?"

The Lord stretched out His arms, and I saw His nail-pierced hands. I bowed down at the feet of Christ, my Savior. And for the first time, I truly prayed.

Old 08-12-2012, 10:52 AM   #2907
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

SUNDAY FUNNIES....

True church announcement – from George Goldtrap, Madison Tennessee
After the worship service, the preacher announced: "The class on prophecy
has been canceled due to unforeseen circumstances."

A Minister talking to a perspective congregant said, "Well, if you don't believe
in the organized church, you'll love ours – we are as disorganized as they come.

Grandpa Aaron was always going on about the good old days, and the lower
cost of living, in particular...

"When I was a kid, my mom could send me to the store, and I'd get a
salami, two pints of milk, 6 oranges, 2 loaves o' bread, and a magazine,
some new blue jeans... all for a dollar!!

Then Grandpa said sadly ..."You can't DO that any more...they got those
darn video cameras everywhere you look......"

After the church service, a pastor told a woman, "I noticed your husband walked out in the middle of my sermon. I hope I didn't say something that offended him." "Not at all," replied the wife. "My husband has been walking in his sleep for years.

Old 08-14-2012, 07:12 AM   #2908
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

-----
MEMO FROM GOD
-----

To: YOU
Date: TODAY
Subject: YOURSELF
Reference: LIFE

I am God.

Today I will be handling all of your problems. Please remember that I do not need your help.

If life happens to deliver a situation to you that you cannot handle, do not attempt to resolve it. Kindly put it in the SFGTD (something for God to do) box. All situations will be resolved... but in My time, not yours.

Once the matter is placed into the box, do not hold onto it by worrying about it. Instead, focus on all the wonderful things that are present in your life now

If you find yourself stuck in traffic; Don't despair. There are people in this world for whom driving is an unheard of privilege.

Should you have a bad day at work; Think of the man who has been out of work for years.

Should you despair over a relationship gone bad; Think of the person who has never known what it's like to love and be loved in return.

Should you grieve the passing of another weekend; Think of the woman in dire straits, working twelve hours a day, seven days a week to feed her children.

Should your car break down, leaving you miles away from assistance; Think of the paraplegic who would love the opportunity to take that walk.

Should you notice a new gray hair in the mirror; Think of the cancer patient in chemo who wishes she had hair to examine.

Should you find yourself at a loss and pondering what is life all about, asking what is my purpose? Be thankful. There are those who didn't live long enough to get the opportunity.

Should you find yourself the victim of other people's bitterness, ignorance, smallness or insecurities; Remember, things could be worse. You could be one of them!

Old 08-15-2012, 08:17 AM   #2909
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

ONE
===

ONE is the smallest whole number, yet the most significant.

We often think of the big numbers; hundreds, thousands, and millions. Life
really boils down to ONE.

One aspect of ONE, I am divinely commanded to help at least ONE person, each
day.

That does two things.

First, it helps the other person. Whether it is just a compliment, a dollar
given to a homeless person, or even something so small as holding the door
open for someone, it is help. It helps ease the burden of life for someone.

Second, it makes me focus on someone other than myself.

This world is geared to make us self-centered.
After all, we have enough stuff of our own to deal with without trying to
solve someone else's problems.

We don't have enough money for us so we focus on the two outside letters of
"money" instead on the three inside letters.
We don't have enough time for us.
We don't have enough joy, peace, and happiness for us.
We need our relationships improved.
We need a compliment and an uplift.

We need help.

We often don't have time to think of helping someone else.

There is a funny thing about helping some"one" else.
When you are helping someone else, for that moment in time, your own
problems are diminished.

I will tell you to do as I try to do,

"Help someone every day."
Old 08-16-2012, 08:19 AM   #2910
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

The Pearl

David Morse - American missionary to India - became great friends there with the pearl-diver, Rambhau. Many an evening he spent in Rambhau's cabin reading to him from the Bible, and explaining to him God's way of salvation.

Rambhau enjoyed listening to the Word of God, but whenever the missionary tried to get Rambhau to accept Christ as his Savior - he would shake his head and reply, "Your Christian way to heaven is too easy for me! I cannot accept it. If ever I should find admittance to heaven in that manner - I would feel like a pauper there...like a beggar who has been let in out of pity. I may be proud - but I want to deserve, I want to earn my place in heaven -- and so I am going to work for it."

Nothing the missionary could say seemed to have any effect on Rambhau's decision, and so quite a few years slipped by. One evening, however, the missionary heard a knock on his door, and on going to open it he found Rambhau there.

"Come in, dear friend," said Morse.

"No," said the pearl-diver. "I want you to come with me to my house, Sahib, for a short time -- I have something to show you. Please do not say 'No'."

"Of course I'll come," replied the missionary. As they neared his house, Rambhau said: "In a week's time I start working for my place in heaven; I am leaving for Delhi -- and I am going there on my knees."

"Man, you are crazy! It's nine hundred miles to Delhi, and the skin will break on your knees, and you will have blood-poisoning or leprosy before you get to Bombay."

"No, I must get to Delhi," affirmed Rambhau, "and the immortals will reward me for it! The suffering will be sweet - for it will purchase heaven for me!"

"Rambhau, my friend - you can't. How can I bear you to do it - when Jesus Christ has suffered and died to purchase heaven for you!"

But the old man could not be moved. "You are my dearest friend on earth, Sahib Morse. Through all these years you have stood by me in sickness, in want - you have been sometimes my only friend. But even you cannot turn me from my desire to purchase eternal bliss...I must go to Delhi!"

Inside the hut Morse was seated in the very chair Rambhau had specially built for him - where on so many occasions he had read to him the Bible.

Rambhau left the room to return soon with a small but heavy English strongbox. "I have had this box for years," said he, "and I keep only one thing in it. Now I will tell you about it, Sahib Morse. I once had a son..."

"A son! Why, Rambhau, you have never before said a word about him!"

"No, Sahib, I couldn't." Even as he spoke the diver's eyes were moistened.

"Now I must tell you, for soon I will leave, and who knows whether I shall ever return? My son was a diver too. He was the best pearl diver on the coasts of India. He had the swiftest dive, the keenest eye, the strongest arm, the longest breath of any man who ever sought for pearls.

What joy he brought to me! Most pearls, as you know, have some defect or blemish only the expert can discern, but my boy always dreamed of finding the 'perfect' pearl - one beyond all that was ever found. One day he found it! But even when he saw it - he had been under water too long... That pearl cost him his life, for he died soon after."

The old pearl diver bowed his head. For a moment his whole body shook, but there was no sound. "All these years," he continued, "I have kept this pearl - but now I am going, not to return, and to you, my best friend - I am giving my pearl."

The old man worked the combination on the strongbox and drew from it a carefully wrapped package. Gently opening the cotton, he picked up a mammoth pearl and placed it in the hand of the missionary.

It was one of the largest pearls ever found off the coast of India, and glowed with a luster and brilliance never seen in cultured pearls. It would have brought a fabulous sum in any market.

For a moment the missionary was speechless and gazed with awe. "Rambhau! What a pearl!"

"That pearl, Sahib, is perfect," replied the Indian quietly. The missionary looked up quickly with a new thought: Was not this the very opportunity and occasion he had prayed for - to make Rambhau understand the value of Christ's sacrifice? So he said, designedly, "Rambhau, this is a wonderful pearl, an amazing pearl. Let me buy it. I would give you ten thousand dollars for it."

"Sahib! What do you mean?"

"Well, I will give you fifteen thousand dollars for it, or if it takes more - I will work for it."

"Sahib," said Rambhau, stiffening his whole body, "this pearl is beyond price. No man in all the world has money enough to pay what this pearl is worth to me. On the market a million dollars could not buy it. I will not sell it to you. You may only have it as a gift."

"No, Rambhau, I cannot accept that. As much as I want the pearl, I cannot accept it that way. Perhaps I am proud, but that is too easy. I must pay for it, or work for it..."

The old pearl-diver was stunned. "You don't understand at all, Sahib. Don't you see. My only son gave his life to get this pearl, and I wouldn't sell it for any money. Its worth is in the life-blood of my son. I cannot sell this - but I can give it to you. Just accept it in token of the love I bear you."

The missionary was choked, and for a moment could not speak. Then he gripped the hand of the old man. "Rambhau," he said in a low voice, "don't you see? My words are just what you have been saying to God all the time."

The diver looked long and searchingly at the missionary, and slowly, slowly he began to understand. "God is offering you salvation as a free gift," said the missionary. "It is so great and priceless that no man on earth can buy it. Millions of dollars are too little. No man on earth could earn it. His life would be millions of years too short. No man is good enough to deserve it. It cost God the life-blood of His only Son to make the entrance for you into heaven. In a million years, in a hundred pilgrimages, you could not earn that entrance. All you can do is to accept it as a token of God's love for you - a sinner.

"Rambhau, of course I will accept the pearl in deep humility, praying God that I may be worthy of your love. Rambhau, won't you accept God's great gift of heaven, too, in deep humility, knowing it cost Him the death of His Son to offer it to you?"

Great tears were now rolling down the cheeks of the old man. The veil was beginning to lift. "Sahib, I see it now. I have believed in the doctrine of Jesus for the last two years, but I could not believe that His salvation was free. Now I understand. Some things are too priceless to be bought or earned. Sahib, I will accept His salvation!"

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son,
that whosoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life."
John 3:16
Old 08-17-2012, 10:16 AM   #2911
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Keep Smiling!

When you dress for the day
always put on a smile.
And as you walk out the door
let your smile stretch a mile.

You always look your best
with a smile on your face.
And others will look at you
as a person full of grace.

Your radiant smile says much
about your state of mind.
And it leaves a remembrance
of a sweet and lasting kind.

Many people are drawn to you
because they see your smile.
It rubs off on those you meet
and they to will smile awhile.

A smile lifts heavy loads
and helps people on their way.
Its value cannot be measured
so wear a smile everyday.

~ Lenora McWhorter ~

Old 08-19-2012, 01:31 PM   #2912
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

SUNDAY FUNNIES.....

Sign over a Gynecologist's Office:
"Dr. Jones, at your cervix."

In a Podiatrist's office:
"Time wounds all heels."

On a Septic Tank Truck:
Yesterday's Meals on Wheels

At a Proctologist's door:
"To expedite your visit, please back in."

At an Optometrist's Office:
"If you don't see what you're looking for,
you've come to the right place."

On a Plumber's truck:
"We repair what your husband fixed."

On another Plumber's truck:
"Don't sleep with a drip. Call your plumber."

At a Tire Shop in Milwaukee :
"Invite us to your next blowout."

At a Towing company:
"We don't charge an arm and a leg. We want tows."

On an Electrician's truck:
"Let us remove your shorts."

In a Non-smoking Area:
"If we see smoke, we will assume you are on fire and take appropriate action."

On a Maternity Room door:
"Push. Push. Push."

At a Car Dealership:
"The best way to get back on your feet -
miss a car payment."

Outside a Muffler Shop:
"No appointment necessary. We hear you coming."

In a Veterinarian's waiting room:
"Be back in 5 minutes. Sit! Stay!"

At the Electric Company
"We would be delighted if you send in your payment.
However, if you don't, you will be."

In a Restaurant window:
"Don't stand there and be hungry;
come on in and get fed up."

In the front yard of a Funeral Home:
"Drive carefully. We'll wait."

At a Propane Filling Station:
"Thank heaven for little grills."

And don't forget the sign at a
CHICAGO RADIATOR SHOP:
"Best place in town to take a leak."

Sign on the back of another Septic Tank Truck:
"Caution - This Truck is full of Political Promises"
Old 08-19-2012, 02:13 PM   #2913
Proud Fan Club Member

I was reading these out loud to DH and DS's and they loved them! Thanks.
Old 08-21-2012, 05:29 PM   #2914
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Never Stop Shining

Life is full of clouds.

I try to shine on those around me, but clouds sometimes block my view of them. My friendship and love, my life-light doesn't get through to them.

A friend or family member experiences the death of a loved one; my child was bullied at school; an internet friend had a car accident; a co-worker was sick; an acquaintance lost a home in the bad economy; or a friend lost a job.

Clouds surround them. They don't see my rays of hope for their healing, my love and my concern for their pain. Maybe they just don't want them. They block me with clouds of despair. My loving and caring heart can't break through.

They want to be alone.

I've lost jobs. Friends called or emailed me to say, "I'm sorry. Be strong!"

I said, "I will. Thanks for calling." At the time, I couldn't care less, because I was in pain. I didn't want to talk. I sheltered myself with my own clouds.

When my first wife Georgia died, I was in deep pain. I surrounded myself with dark clouds of grief. There were friends who tried to shine on me, but I blocked them with my clouds. They shook my hand or hugged me, I felt nothing, because when they asked, "How are you doing?" and I responded, "Not so well." They backed away, blocked by their clouds. They were afraid to shine on me, afraid to hear the truth.

There were real stars too. They were the people who kept shining. They hugged me, consoled me and were not afraid to hear the ugly truth. They didn't weaken when I cried, but kept shining brighter until they broke through. They were my saviors. They were the lights who wouldn't give up. They shined until my clouds broke and they warmed my heart.

I never give up on a person going through a tough time. They reject me for a bit, but if I keep shining, I get through and they are grateful.

Just the other day, as I drove to work, I saw the most amazing sunrise. There were beautiful clouds in the sky and smoke from multiple wild fires blocking the sky, but this beautiful sun - our sun - God's sun - fought its way through. It never gave up. It never does, because it keeps shining until it has a chance to reach me.

I do the same. I never stop shining.

~ Michael T. Smith ~
Old 08-23-2012, 12:29 PM   #2915
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Two Girls Get Punished - Then Do Something So Heartwarming

After swimming in a river and getting grounded, these two sisters were told by mom they had to do something kind for another person. What they ended up doing for their daddy with cancer is truly heartwarming.

Click below
Two Girls Get Punished - Then Do Something So Heartwarming
Old 08-24-2012, 01:08 PM   #2916
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

"If you believe in a God who controls the big things, you have to believe in a God who controls the little things. It is we, of course, to whom things look "little" or "big."

Elisabeth Elliot
Old 08-25-2012, 12:56 PM   #2917
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

A Journey

I went upon a journey when I was but a youth,
Seeking answers to life’s questions, searching for great truths.
I traveled through the pages of an old and sacred book,
Finding great adventures on every page I looked.

I saw the world created and dwelled in a garden fair,
Until the hand of evil came and planted his seeds there.
I sailed upon an ocean for forty days and nights,
Soared on the wings of a dove as it lifted up in flight.

I traveled through a wilderness over deserts hot and dry.
I met a man named Abraham, whose hope, on God relied.
I journeyed to distant lands, met with prophets and with kings.
Fought in mighty battles wielding arrows, swords and slings.

Then I rested in a stable where a tiny baby lay,
I watched Him grow into a man and followed Him on His way.
I walked upon the water of a raging, storm tossed sea.
But the hardest journey of all was when He led me to Calvary.

I cried as they nailed Him to a cross, watched as He died upon that tree.
Oh, how my soul did mourn to know, He died there just for me.
I watched as they laid Him in a tomb and rolled the stone in place.
Down on bended knee I knelt in thanks for His saving grace.

But, oh how my heart rejoiced on that great and fateful day,
When I watched the angels from glory as they rolled the stone away.
I watched Him ascend to Heaven and sit on a golden throne.
I listened as He promised never to leave me all alone.

So, I went on with my journey, trusting Him to be my guide,
And just as He had promised, he stayed right by my side.
Oh, I’ve traveled through the ages, but soon my journey will be o’er,
When I travel to my home on a beautiful, golden shore.

I hope you’ve taken the journey for it is my fervent prayer,
That our roads will cross in Heaven and I will meet you there.

Oh, I know sometimes the road gets long and hard to tread
But just hold on to the faith that by a loving hand you’re led.
Then we’ll shout His praise together, sing and dance around His throne,
Giving thanks for His love and guidance on the journey to our home.

~ Lora Cox ~
Old 08-26-2012, 04:43 AM   #2918
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by caterinafmig View Post
A Journey

I went upon a journey when I was but a youth,
Seeking answers to life’s questions, searching for great truths.
I traveled through the pages of an old and sacred book,
Finding great adventures on every page I looked.

I saw the world created and dwelled in a garden fair,
Until the hand of evil came and planted his seeds there.
I sailed upon an ocean for forty days and nights,
Soared on the wings of a dove as it lifted up in flight.

I traveled through a wilderness over deserts hot and dry.
I met a man named Abraham, whose hope, on God relied.
I journeyed to distant lands, met with prophets and with kings.
Fought in mighty battles wielding arrows, swords and slings.

Then I rested in a stable where a tiny baby lay,
I watched Him grow into a man and followed Him on His way.
I walked upon the water of a raging, storm tossed sea.
But the hardest journey of all was when He led me to Calvary.

I cried as they nailed Him to a cross, watched as He died upon that tree.
Oh, how my soul did mourn to know, He died there just for me.
I watched as they laid Him in a tomb and rolled the stone in place.
Down on bended knee I knelt in thanks for His saving grace.

But, oh how my heart rejoiced on that great and fateful day,
When I watched the angels from glory as they rolled the stone away.
I watched Him ascend to Heaven and sit on a golden throne.
I listened as He promised never to leave me all alone.

So, I went on with my journey, trusting Him to be my guide,
And just as He had promised, he stayed right by my side.
Oh, I’ve traveled through the ages, but soon my journey will be o’er,
When I travel to my home on a beautiful, golden shore.

I hope you’ve taken the journey for it is my fervent prayer,
That our roads will cross in Heaven and I will meet you there.

Oh, I know sometimes the road gets long and hard to tread
But just hold on to the faith that by a loving hand you’re led.
Then we’ll shout His praise together, sing and dance around His throne,
Giving thanks for His love and guidance on the journey to our home.

~ Lora Cox ~
Isn't this a wonderful poem, Caterina?! I'm so looking forward to our roads crossing in heaven and joining with all my fellow-believers in praising our Heavenly Father!

~ Rita
Old 08-27-2012, 07:40 AM   #2919
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

TIME FOR A CHUCKLE!!!

A gynecologist had become fed up with malpractice insurance and HMO paperwork, and was burned out. Hoping to try another career where skillful hands would be beneficial, he decided to become an auto mechanic. He went to the local technical college, signed up for evening classes, attended diligently, and learned all he could.

When the time of the practical exam approached, the gynecologist prepared carefully for weeks, and completed the exam with tremendous skill.

When the results came back, he was surprised to find that he had obtained a score of 150%. Fearing an error, he called the Instructor, saying, "I don't want to appear ungrateful for such an outstanding result, but I wonder if there is an error in the grade?"

"The instructor said, “During the exam, you took the engine apart perfectly, which was worth 50% of the total mark. You put the engine back together again perfectly, which is also worth 50% of the mark."

After a pause, the instructor added, "I gave you an extra 50% because you did it all through the muffler, which I've never seen done in my entire career"
Old 08-27-2012, 02:23 PM   #2920
Die Cut Diva

Thanks for posting this .... I got such a good laugh out of it!