Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree663Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-02-2009, 08:40 AM   #1201
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

THE ANT AND THE CONTACT LENS

Brenda was a young woman who was invited to go rock climbing. Although she was scared to death, she went with her group to a tremendous granite cliff. She put on the gear, took a hold on the rope, and started up the face of that rock. Well, she got to a ledge where she could take a breather.

As she was hanging on there, the safety rope snapped against Brenda's eye and knocked out her contact lens. Well, here she is on a rock ledge, with hundreds of feet below her and hundreds of feet above her. Of course, she looked and looked and looked, hoping it had landed on the ledge, but it just wasn't there. She prayed to the Lord to help her to find it.

When she got to the top, she looked out across range after range of mountains, thinking of that Bible verse that says, "The eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth." She thought, "Lord, You can see all these mountains. You know every stone and leaf, and You know exactly where my contact lens is. Please help me."

Finally, they walked down the trail to the bottom. At the bottom there was a new party of climbers just starting up the face of the cliff. One of them shouted out, "Hey, you guys! Anybody lose a contact lens?"

Well, that would be startling enough, but you know why the climber saw it? An ant was moving slowly across the face of the rock, carrying it, and saying "Lord, I don't know why you want me to carry this. I can't eat it and it's awfully heavy, but whatever you want me to carry, I will carry."

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 06-02-2009, 01:36 PM   #1202
Rubber Obsessor

Caterina love the wonderful inspirations

Joan I hope you are sleeping better,
Hi Michelle hope you enjoy visiting here, everyone is lovely
Onthemove, I will keep your daughter and you in my prayers, I dread the day I need to face my family moving out
Rita I hope you and your family are doing well,

I know it is not compulsary to pop in here...but I feel so guilty that I am so busy at the moment and can only pop in now and again...I am enjoying having my life back and your prayers for me certainly where answered as I am going from strength to strength
Old 06-02-2009, 02:21 PM   #1203
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pansy Anne View Post
Caterina love the wonderful inspirations

Joan I hope you are sleeping better,
Hi Michelle hope you enjoy visiting here, everyone is lovely
Onthemove, I will keep your daughter and you in my prayers, I dread the day I need to face my family moving out
Rita I hope you and your family are doing well,

I know it is not compulsary to pop in here...but I feel so guilty that I am so busy at the moment and can only pop in now and again...I am enjoying having my life back and your prayers for me certainly where answered as I am going from strength to strength

This is an absolutely guilt-free thread!
Old 06-02-2009, 02:26 PM   #1204
Stazon Splitcoast

anne- I am just happy to see you whenever you can come.
onthemove- I am praying for you and your daughter. It is hard to let them go.
Hi Caterina
Old 06-03-2009, 01:32 PM   #1205
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

A message for this day, God wants you to know that what you are most afraid of is where your greatest rewards are.

If all you had to do was wish for something and you would have it, life would be pretty boring, wouldn't it?

God placed barriers between us and what we want, so we can enjoy interesting and satisfying lives.

God hid our biggest rewards behind the highest barriers - our deepest fears.

God wants us to face our fears, and hold ground in their presence, and let them go, and that's how we get out biggest rewards.

What are you most afraid of?

Say it, just start by saying it.
Old 06-03-2009, 02:40 PM   #1206
Hardware Hotshot

Hello everyone! So glad to read all of your messages. Anne ... I just thought to pop into your blog and was so delighted to see your beautiful scrapbooking pages (so thankful that the Lord has restored your health and energy)!

All is well with my family ... just trying to stay cool on a 90° day!!

Rita
`````````
Old 06-03-2009, 07:07 PM   #1207
Stazon Splitcoast

Rita- I do not like hot weather. Try to stay cool.
Good night ladies. remember you are loved!
Old 06-04-2009, 03:21 AM   #1208
Hardware Hotshot

Joan ... I'm with you. Hot weather makes me melt, especially when the humidity is high, too. ha!

Rita
Old 06-04-2009, 07:56 AM   #1209
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Have a few years before reaching 90 ..... interesting that #15 has been in signature line for a long time.

Written By Regina Brett, 90 years old of The Plain Dealer, Cleveland, Ohio

"To celebrate growing older, I once wrote the 45 lessons life taught me. It is the most-requested column I've ever written."

My odometer rolled over to 90 in August, so here is the column once more:

1. Life isn't fair, but it's still good.

2. When in doubt, just take the next small step..

3. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.

4. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends and parents will. Stay in touch.

5. Pay off your credit cards every month.

6. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.

7. Cry with someone. It's more healing than crying alone.

8. It's OK to get angry with God. He can take it.

9. Save for retirement starting with your first paycheck.

10. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.

11. Make peace with your past so it won't screw up the present.

12. It's OK to let your children see you cry.

13. Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.

14. If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn't be in it.

15. Everything can change in the blink of an eye. But don't worry; God never blinks.

16. Take a deep breath. It calms the mind.

17. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful.

18. Whatever doesn't kill you really does make you stronger.

19. It's never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one is up to you and no one else.

20. When it comes to going after what you love in life, don't take no for an answer.

21. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie. Don't save it for a special occasion. Today is special.

22. Over prepare, then go with the flow.

23. Be eccentric now. Don't wait for old age to wear purple.

24. The most important sex organ is the brain.

25. No one is in charge of your happiness but you.

26. Frame every so-called disaster with these words 'In five years, will this matter?'

27. Always choose life.

28. Forgive everyone everything.

29. What other people think of you is none of your business.

30. Time heals almost everything. Give time time.

31. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.

32. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.

33. Believe in miracles.

34. God loves you because of who God is, not because of anything you did or didn't do.

35. Don't audit life. Show up and make the most of it now.

36. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young.

37. Your children get only one childhood.

38. All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.

39. Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere.

40. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's,we'd grab ours back.

41. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.

42. The best is yet to come.

43. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.

44. Yield.

45. Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift."
Old 06-04-2009, 12:42 PM   #1210
Hardware Hotshot

Location: Rockville, Maryland, near my family.... enjoying my grandkids!
Send a message via Yahoo to bsgstamps4fun

Hello everyone! The list of 45 lessons are certainly those of a wise woman.
We had heavy thunderstorms last night and I thank God that our electric didn't go off, lots of old trees here to come down on power lines. Praying for the family of the boy who died last night from a lightning strike and for the boy fighting for his life (also struck). This happened near Fredricksburg, VA. on a Little League field after the game was called off due to lightning, very sad.
Old 06-04-2009, 12:49 PM   #1211
Stazon Splitcoast

Barb- adding to your prayers. how sad for their families.
Caterina- Happy Birthday! Love the 45 lessons!
Rita- HI
Today was my last day of work for the summer. I will be off until august 11th!
Old 06-04-2009, 02:29 PM   #1212
Stazon Splitcoast

I laughed out loud at this one!
Mike Has Shingles.
Those of us who spend much time in a doctor's office will appreciate this! Doesn't it seem more and more that physicians are running their practices like an assembly line? Here's what happened to Mike:

Mike walked into a doctor's office and the receptionist asked him what was wrong.

Mike said, "Nothing, I just have shingles." So she wrote down his name, address, medical insurance number and told him to have a seat.
Fifteen minutes later a nurse's aide came out and asked Mike what was wrong.
Mike said, "Nothing, I just have Shingles." So she wrote down his height, weight, took a complete medical history and told Mike to wait in the examining room.

A half hour later a nurse came in and asked Mike what was wrong. Mike
said, "Nothing, I just have Shingles." So the nurse gave Mike a blood test, took his
blood pressure, did an electrocardiogram, and told Mike to take off all his clothes and wait for the doctor.
An hour later the doctor came in and found Mike sitting patiently in
the nude in a short gown and asked Mike what was wrong. Mike said,
"Nothing, I just have Shingles."
The doctor asked, "Where?"
Mike said, "Outside on the truck. Where do you want me to unload 'em?"

I'm still laughing!
Old 06-04-2009, 04:01 PM   #1213
Gabfest Goddess

Joan, that was hysterical!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-05-2009, 07:28 AM   #1214
Insane Embellisher

Caterina,

The 45 lessons are wonderful. Work has been really rough this week. Lots of jealous comments made about me for doing well. This really helped remind me every day is blessing and to keep my chin up. Thanks for always having the right story at the right time. I adore your inspirations!!!

My favorite one is still the fork story. I reread it all the time!
Old 06-05-2009, 03:36 PM   #1215
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Believe It

Writer Norman Cousins tells about a football game at which a doctor found himself treating five spectators for stomach disorder. Each complained of nausea, dizziness and cramps. Upon checking, the doctor learned that all five had previously consumed soft drinks from the arena's concession stands. In the interest of protecting public safety, an announcement was made to the crowd that it would be wise to forego drinks in the stadium because certain people were becoming ill.

By the third quarter of the game, 200 people – all of whom had been slurping sodas – were reporting the same symptoms. Half of these hurried off to a nearby hospital. Later in the afternoon the doctor determined that his five original patients had also eaten potato salad from the same delicatessen on the way to the game. The potato salad, not the drinks, was apparently the culprit.

An announcement was made. Almost immediately those who were sick felt remarkably better. The fans taken to the hospital were sent home as their symptoms quickly disappeared.

All of this goes to show the tremendous power of belief. What we believe to be true will often become true.

The power of our beliefs will dramatically affect our future. Like automaker Henry Ford said, "Whether you think you can or not, you are right." If you believe you will succeed or fail, you are probably right. If you believe strongly enough that something good or bad will surely happen to you, it likely will.

Mahatma Gandhi found this principle to be true in his own experience. "If I believe I cannot do something, it makes me incapable of doing it," the Indian leader said. "But when I believe I can, then I acquire the ability to do it, even if I did not have the ability in the beginning."

Where did that ability come from? Was it the sheer power of his belief that gave him the capacity to do what seemed impossible? He was sure that was the case.

Great belief is great power. And probably more than any other single factor, great belief that something just might be possible … can bring about what we want in life.

Believe it.

~ Steve Goodier ~
Old 06-05-2009, 03:40 PM   #1216
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by beegirl View Post
Caterina,

The 45 lessons are wonderful. Work has been really rough this week. Lots of jealous comments made about me for doing well. This really helped remind me every day is blessing and to keep my chin up. Thanks for always having the right story at the right time. I adore your inspirations!!!

My favorite one is still the fork story. I reread it all the time!

Hello and welcome! Thanks for your sweet kind words!!
Old 06-06-2009, 03:30 PM   #1217
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

It Takes Time To Heal

Build a bridge
from now to tomorrow.
Sink the piers
deep into the Earth.
Pour in concrete
day by day,
a little at a time,
and let it set.

It takes time to heal.

It may feel very awkward,
as if you're making empty promises,
as if you're simply spanning empty space.

But someday, somehow, somewhere,
you'll find yourself
upon a brand new shore,
glancing back at the bridge
which you with God's help have built.

It takes time to heal.
Old 06-06-2009, 04:48 PM   #1218
Rubber Obsessor

Caterina loved your latest inspirational

Ladies could you please keep my BIL and his family in your prayers, BIL has just successfully undergone a quadruple bypass, he has a long road ahead until he will be back to full health so your prayers would be greatly appreciated

Happy moments, praise God
Difficult moments, seek God
Quiet moments, worship God
Painful moments, trust God
Every moment, thank God
Old 06-06-2009, 04:52 PM   #1219
Stazon Splitcoast

Anne-I will surely pray for your BIL. My BIL had this surgery a few months ago. He is already out golfing. Hope your BIL's recovery is as quick.
Caterina= Another good poem.
Old 06-07-2009, 06:49 AM   #1220
Hardware Hotshot

quote=Pansy Anne

Ladies could you please keep my BIL and his family in your prayers, BIL has just successfully undergone a quadruple bypass, he has a long road ahead until he will be back to full health so your prayers would be greatly appreciated

Anne, I'll continue in prayer for your BIL. My 74-year-old co-worker had bypass surgery about 6 weeks ago. He is gaining strength quickly and comes into the office nearly everyday now.

Rita
`````
Old 06-07-2009, 08:54 AM   #1221
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Good morning, as some of you know, through Cole's Foundation am very involved with children who have cancer. Came across this on one of the sites and thought to share it.

I had a dream the other night. It came to me so clear. I stood before the throne of God, afraid to come too near.

God said to me, “I hear your prayers. There are answers you can’t find. I brought you here to talk to me and help to ease your mind.”

I said, “Well, yes, God, I am upset…About my special one. This punishment is awfully harsh…Whatever have I done?”

God looked at me and shook his head, He said, “My Dear, you’ve got it wrong. I sent this special child to you because you are so strong. I searched and searched to try and find someone with a love so rare. Parents so unselfish they could give her that special care.

I try to save my special gifts, like those you’re speaking of, for a special kind of parents I call the ‘Chosen Ones.’ Of all the ones to choose from, I know I’ve got it done…Parents who deserve my best, an honor you have won.”
–Unknown
Old 06-07-2009, 10:09 AM   #1222
Stazon Splitcoast

Caterina- That is awesome. I am sending i t my sister who is dealing with her daughter that has mental health issues.

My DH just called. he thought he left his wallet at work yesterday. Guess what? He can't find it. I called the bank and canceled the Bank's debit card and credit card. He has no idea if he had any other credit card in there. Ladies this is not the first time and I am sure it is not the last time. He told me he changed out of his wet clothes some where near where he was working. he has no idea where he stopped. Please pray that there are no more credit cards in there. He will need to get new ideas including: State, Military and his work pass that opens all the buildings. He is worried about telling his boss about this one. As I have said in the past, his job is on shaky ground.
Old 06-07-2009, 01:31 PM   #1223
Hardware Hotshot

Joan .... I'm praying that this situation with your dh's missing wallet will work out well and that the Lord will give your dh favor with his boss.

Rita
```````
Old 06-07-2009, 01:38 PM   #1224
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks for all the prayers about the wallet.
I was sweeping the kitchen floor. I had to pick up his work boots. I glanced inside. Guess what was in the bottom of the boot? I found his wallet. I called and asked him about it. He says he does not remember putting it in there. Another answered prayer.
Old 06-07-2009, 06:26 PM   #1225
Hardware Hotshot

Joan .... isn't that just wonderful!!! Praising the Lord for that wonderful answer to prayer!!!

Rita
````````
Old 06-08-2009, 02:36 AM   #1226
Rubber Obsessor

Joan so pleased to hear you found the wallet, you must be so relieved. we must never doubt the power of prayer.
Old 06-08-2009, 10:06 AM   #1227
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks for all the positive thoughts about the wallet.
Anne- How are you all doing? I think about you and your family often.
Hope today is the start of a good week!
Old 06-08-2009, 10:49 AM   #1228
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile TIME FOR A CHUCKLE

Three Cajuns, One Ticket

One morning, three Cajuns and three Yankees were in a ticket line at a train station. The three Northerners each bought a ticket and watched as the three Cajuns bought just one ticket.

"How are the three of you going to travel on only one ticket?" asked one of the Yankees.

"Watch and learn," answered one of the boys from Louisiana.

All six boarded the train where the three Yankees sat down, but the three Cajuns crammed into a restroom together and closed the door.

Shortly after the train departed, the conductor came around to collect tickets.

He knocked on the restroom door and said, "Ticket, please." The door opened just a crack and a single arm emerged with a ticket in hand. The conductor took it and moved on.

The Yankees saw this happen and agreed it was quite a clever idea. Indeed, it was so clever that they decided to do the same thing on the return trip and save some money.

That afternoon when they got back to the station, they bought a single ticket for the return trip and watched while to their astonishment, the three Cajuns didn't buy even one ticket.

"How are you going to travel without a ticket?" asked one of the perplexed Yankees.

"Watch and learn," answered the three Cajun boys in unison.

When they boarded the train, the three Northerners crammed themselves into one restroom and the three Cajuns crammed into another one just down the way. Shortly after the train began to move, one of the Cajuns left their restroom and walked over to the one in which the Yankees were hiding.

The Cajun knocked on the door and said, "Ticket, please."

There's just no way on God's green earth to explain how the Yankees won that war.
Old 06-08-2009, 03:32 PM   #1229
Stazon Splitcoast

Love this story!
Old 06-10-2009, 12:41 PM   #1230
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

These particular one has been around but well worth reading again...

Everybody Was Sure
Author Unknown

There was an important job to be done and Everybody was sure Somebody would do it. Anybody could have done it, but Nobody did it. Somebody got angry about that because it was Everybody's job. Everybody thought Anybody could do it, but Nobody realized that Everybody would not do it. It ended up that Everybody blamed Somebody when Nobody did what Anybody could have done.
Old 06-10-2009, 01:46 PM   #1231
Hardware Hotshot

Location: Rockville, Maryland, near my family.... enjoying my grandkids!
Send a message via Yahoo to bsgstamps4fun

Interesting stories Caterina. Prayers for all needs today and everyday!
Old 06-10-2009, 02:02 PM   #1232
Stazon Splitcoast

Caterina- I have used this reading in the community work. It certainly is true.
Old 06-11-2009, 06:41 AM   #1233
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Banana Bread Thing

She shouldn't have been surprised at what God could do with a bit of food; she's read about the feeding of the five thousand in the Gospels. But the banana bread thing caught her completely off guard.

"When I first visited Hope Chapel," Shae says, referring to the small independent church she attends in Colorado Springs, "someone left a loaf of banana bread and a thank you card on my doorstep. I was really moved that someone who didn't even know me cared about me that much. I wanted to do the banana bread thing too."

Shae told Joni, the church secretary, that she wanted to help with the banana bread program for visitors, only to find that Hope Chapel had discontinued it. But Shae was determined to pay forward the gift she had received, so Joni gave her the name and address of a woman who had visited the previous Sunday.

After baking a loaf of banana bread, Shae headed out to deliver her own doorstep surprise ― only to find that her target lived on Peterson Air Force Base.

"Silly me," she says. "We're at war; you can't just drive on to a military base unescorted."

Having been turned away at the gate, Shae called a friend who lived on base and asked her to join the conspiracy of kindness.

"Call me on your cell phone when you get to the gate," her friend said, "and I'll come pick up the bread and deliver it for you."

But when Shae drove back out to the base that evening, her friend's line was busy. Shae waited at the gate for half an hour, calling her friend every few minutes, but she couldn't get through. Annoyed, she left again.

"I was really mad," Shae says. "I wanted so much to give this gift to the visitor and everything went wrong ― I couldn't get on base, I couldn't get through to my friend. I was so mad I rolled down my window to pitch that stupid banana bread right out on Highway 24."

But when Shae rolled down her window, she noticed something she hadn't seen through the tinted glass: two men walking along the median of the darkened highway.

"I don't usually pick up hitchhikers," Shae says. "But with the Lord tugging at my heart, I pulled over."

The two men were soldiers who lived off base; their car had broken down at a mall, and they were walking to the base for help. Shae offered them a ride; after hearing about her thwarted attempts to get on the base, one offered to escort her in.

After Shae dropped off the first soldier, the other turned to her. "Why do you want to deliver this banana bread so bad, anyway?" he asked curiously. Shae told him.

To her amazement, he abruptly burst into tears.

Between sobs, the young man managed to explain his outburst. Even though the Colorado Springs area is home to five military bases and thousands of military personnel, the soldier had received the same treatment as many Vietnam vets: He had been cursed at, called a murderer and spit upon by war protestors and others angry at America's actions in Iraq.

He was deploying to Iraq in two days, but why should he fight -- maybe even die -- to protect people who not only didn't appreciate it, but also jeered at him for serving his country?

He told Shae he was a Christian, but he had nearly given in to bitterness and despair. As his deployment drew near, he had challenged God to give him a good enough reason to risk his life, perhaps even die. And Shae, armed only with a loaf of banana bread, had been the answer to his prayer.

"If your church can go to all this trouble for someone you don't even know," he said, "I know I have something worth fighting for."

Shae's frustrated attempts to deliver the banana bread to Hope Chapel's visitor had instead delivered 11th-hour hope to a brave young soldier struggling in his own faith.

The young man and Shae talked, prayed and exchanged contact information; Shae plans to try to keep in touch with him while he's in Iraq and visit with him again when he returns.

"He finally helped me deliver the banana bread," Shae laughs, "but it almost seemed pointless by that time. God obviously had something else in mind all along." The gift still had its intended effect, though; the woman who had visited Hope Chapel was also touched and encouraged by Shae's kindness.

Shae points out that Jesus suffered and died for us while we were sinners ― before we knew Him. Similarly, thousands of men and women in the armed forces are also willing to lay down their lives to protect people they don't know, some of whom hate them for it.

As we pray for the safe and speedy return of our soldiers, let's also pray that they'll come home to find something even better than banana bread waiting for them: the thanks of a grateful nation that appreciates their sacrifice.

Banana Bread Thing by Greg Hartman
Old 06-11-2009, 10:05 AM   #1234
Stazon Splitcoast

Caterina- beautiful!
As we pray for the safe and speedy return of our soldiers, let's also pray that they'll come home to find something even better than banana bread waiting for them: the thanks of a grateful nation that appreciates their sacrifice.

So totally agree!
Praying for everyone's needs spoken and tucked in our hearts.
Old 06-11-2009, 12:29 PM   #1235
Hardware Hotshot

Caterina ... what a fantastic devotional! Really touched my heart and gave me an even greater appreciation of our military personnel and their very human reactions to our support or lack of support.

Rita
Old 06-11-2009, 04:25 PM   #1236
Rubber Obsessor

Hello everyone, I am so pleased to say that after a few anxious days my BIL is finally getting home from hospital tomorrow, we did fear he had had a mini stroke, but thankfully he had not. Thank you all so much for you prayers

Matthew 21:22 "And all things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive."
Old 06-11-2009, 09:53 PM   #1237
Stazon Splitcoast

Anne- glad to hear the positive news about your BIL. I will continue to keep him in my prayers!
Praying that God answers everyone's needs!
Old 06-12-2009, 10:25 AM   #1238
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

A Father’s Forgiveness

When I was a boy I always wanted to be a cowboy. I remember my Mom worrying about me getting sick from the heat in the summer, because I wore a thick blue sweater all the time. No respectable cowboy, however, would wear short sleeves so I sweated while I played.

I was overjoyed too when one day my parents gave me a bb gun. It looked just like a lever action rifle that all the cowboys used in the movies. I spent hours each day during those summer months shooting at stumps and pretending to be John Wayne. I even mastered the one-handed, swing, **** and shoot move I had seen him do in a movie once. At least that is what I thought. As I was coming into the house one afternoon, though, I tried it one time too many. The gun that I thought was empty let out a soft pop and a bb flew across the room and parted the hair of my Dad who was asleep on the couch. My Dad took one look at the bb hole a half inch above his head, walked over to me, took my gun, walked outside, and calmly broke it in half.

I didn’t cry too much over this. I knew how close I had come to hurting my Dad with my stupidity. I didn’t expect to ever get another bb gun either. That is why I was so surprised when my Dad bought me another one the next year. I guess he thought I had wised up enough to know how to use it this time. I never put a single bb in the new gun, but in my imagination John Wayne rode again.

I eventually outgrew my cowboy stage, but I never did outgrow my appreciation for my Father’s forgiveness. He showed me that even when I messed up in the worse way I was still loved. He gave me another chance and let me know that I was forgiven whether I deserved it or not. He shared with me some of the unconditional love and forgiveness that our Father in Heaven has for us all. May we always embrace and share that love and forgiveness as well.

~ Joseph J. Mazzella ~
Old 06-12-2009, 11:56 AM   #1239
Stazon Splitcoast

This story is great! It is hard to forgive and harder to move on!
Old 06-13-2009, 06:57 PM   #1240
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Bookends of Life

In life, we have two bookends
A beginning and an end
The things amid do fill the gaps
Whereby, our lives do blend.

The volumes which are written
Reveals the light of men
The print upon the pages
Contain the breath within.

The chapters stack so neatly
Are bounded at the seams
And filled with aspirations
Our failures and our dreams.

The many happy chapters
Hold sorrow in-between
The valleys and the mountains
Are parts of life’s great scheme.

The fiber of our being
Is glue that makes it stick.
The text that fills the pages
Are choices we did pick.

It takes a set of bookends
To make one’s life complete
The content comes together
When both the ends do meet.

One day upon completion
Our lives will be made whole
When Jesus reads our memoir
The mirror to our soul.

We cannot change the content
Once written, nevermore
It’s stored amongst God’s archives
Upon that golden shore.