Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree493Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-01-2009, 12:09 PM   #1081
Stazon Splitcoast

Caterina- I pray for them everyday. I feel bad that my sons don't want to and won't come with now that they are adults. They have been hurt so many, many times. My DH doesn't have positive memories either.

Nothing is impossible, the word itself says ‘I’m possible’ Audrey Hepburn[

Joan
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 05-02-2009, 04:15 PM   #1082
Rubber Obsessor

Hi everyone

Joan hope the visit with your in laws is not to bad

Caterina loved the tampon story

Ladies thank you for your continued prayers for me and my BIL Billy, he is still awaiting a date for his operation, I hope it is soon.

Well at the start of next week I begin the last 7 days of my radium I thank God every day that I am coming to the end of my treatment

Rita how is Pat doing?
Old 05-02-2009, 04:45 PM   #1083
Die Cut Diva

Anne ... I'm rejoicing with you that you are nearing the end of your treatments. Praise the Lord! I'm also rejoicing that Pat is doing so well. Recent tests show that after the chemo treatments, there is no sign of the tumor or any cancer anywhere in her body. I believe they are going to have her undergo radiation treatments just as a safeguard.

I continue in prayer for Billy and his family.

Joan ~ I'm praying that the visit with your in-laws won't be too difficult.

Rita
Old 05-02-2009, 05:27 PM   #1084
Stazon Splitcoast

My MIL just called. she wanted to know who was coming form my family. at this point it is my dh and I. One son at college, one son working and married son and DIL are MIA. They won't even answer our calls. I am well aware that Josh and his wife don't want to go that is why they are not answering the phone or returning messages. Oh I get angry with him.
Anne- Wahoo! only 7 more teatments. I have been praying each day for you! How is Billy doing?
Caterina- Could you use more cards? My friend asked me, will you take cards made with stickers? She is not a stamper but would like to help.
Rita- Happy to see you! Hope things are going better for you and your family!
Hi to everyone else. I went out to dinner with DH and now have a stomach ache. Don't get them often.

Joan
Old 05-02-2009, 05:57 PM   #1085
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyj View Post
My MIL just called. she wanted to know who was coming form my family. at this point it is my dh and I. One son at college, one son working and married son and DIL are MIA. They won't even answer our calls. I am well aware that Josh and his wife don't want to go that is why they are not answering the phone or returning messages. Oh I get angry with him.
Anne- Wahoo! only 7 more teatments. I have been praying each day for you! How is Billy doing?
Caterina- Could you use more cards? My friend asked me, will you take cards made with stickers? She is not a stamper but would like to help.
Rita- Happy to see you! Hope things are going better for you and your family!
Hi to everyone else. I went out to dinner with DH and now have a stomach ache. Don't get them often.
Joan, I would glad accept your friend's cards and do thank her for her willingness to help - it is so appreciated.
Old 05-02-2009, 05:58 PM   #1086
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Making Sandcastles
Author Unknown

Hot sun. Salty air. Rhythmic waves.

A little boy is on his knees scooping and packing the sand with plastic shovels into a bright blue bucket. Then he upends the bucket on the surface and lifts it. And, to the delight of the little architect, a castle tower is created.

All afternoon he will work. Spooning out the moat. Packing the walls. Bottle tops will be sentries. Popsicle sticks will be bridges. A sandcastle will be built.

Big city. Busy streets. Rumbling traffic.

A man is in his office. At his desk he shuffles papers into stacks and delegates assignments. He cradles the phone on his shoulder and punches the keyboard with his fingers. Numbers are juggled and contracts are signed and much to the delight of the man, a profit is made.

All his life he will work. Formulating the plans. Forecasting the future. Annuities will be sentries. Capital gains will be bridges. An empire will be built.

Two builders of two castles. They have much in common. They shape granules into grandeurs. They see nothing and make something. They are diligent and determined. And for both the tide will rise and the end will come.

Yet that is where the similarities cease. For the boy sees the end while the man ignores it. Watch the boy as the dusk approaches.

As the waves near, the wise child jumps to his feet and begins to clap. There is no sorrow. No fear. No regret. He knew this would happen. He is not surprised. And when the great breaker crashes into his castle and his masterpiece is sucked into the sea, he smiles. He smiles, picks up his tools, takes his father's hand, and goes home.

The grownup, however, is not so wise. As the wave of years collapses on his castle he is terrified. He hovers over the sandy monument to protect it. He blocks the waves from the walls he has made. Salt-water soaked and shivering he snarls at the incoming tide.

"It's my castle," he defies.

The ocean need not respond. Both know to whom the sand belongs...

I don't know much about sandcastles. But children do. Watch them and learn. Go ahead and build, but build with a child's heart. When the sun sets and the tides take - applaud. Salute the process of life and then, go home.
Old 05-03-2009, 07:23 AM   #1087
Rubber Obsessor

Caterina I love the sandcastle story...all to often we try to fight the tides of life.
Old 05-03-2009, 10:16 AM   #1088
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Pretzel Medicine

The rumors had been swirling for months but it still came as a shock when the hospital board announced that our small community hospital would be closing on July 1st.

The hospital had served this working class poor neighborhood of Philadelphia for nearly 100 years but it would soon become another casualty of the health care crisis.

The day after the announcement co-workers walked around in a stunned state of disbelief. And if impending unemployment wasn't stressful enough, those looking for comfort in the form of their morning soft pretzel found out that pretzels had been eliminated from the cafeteria menu the same day the hospital announced its closure.

For those of you outside the Philadelphia area, let me explain...

Soft pretzels are the lifeblood of this city. They are sold in schools, sports arenas, delicatessens and at hundreds of street vendors across town. They are a snack, a meal and a revered tradition. So losing access to soft pretzels is no small matter.

A week later, I decided to cheer up my co-workers by picking up some soft pretzels at a local store in Havertown called Pretzel Boys. I arrived just as it opened so I was the only customer. The tantalizing smells of warm dough, yeast and salt engulfed me. Rows and rows of freshly baked brown-crusted pretzels were packed into cardboard boxes, ready for the day. These are the sights and smells of nirvana for any Philadelphian.

A sign posted on the cash register read, "Ten dollar minimum for credit cards." Just then it dawned on me that I only had $5 cash in my wallet. So much for planning ahead!

I work inside a large office at the hospital and knew I'd need more than the half dozen pretzels my five dollars would buy. But did I really need 25 pretzels -- the only amount of pretzels I could get for $10. A man's voice interrupted my thoughts.

"Can I help you?"

Distracted and embarrassed by my hesitation, words tumbled out of my mouth, "Ah, yes. I only have $5 but I have a debit card. I'm not sure how many pretzels I need."

The man nodded like what I just said made sense and so I continued to babble.

"You see, I work at a hospital and it's closing and they stopped selling pretzels." As if this explained my previous rambling.

The man's smile disappeared. "What hospital?"

"Oh, um Northeastern Hospital."

The pretzel guy looked deeply shocked. "I used to sell medical supplies and that was one of my hospitals. What a shame. They are good people."

I started to respond but the pretzel guy held up his palm to stop me. Then he turned around and grabbed a box of 25 pretzels and slid them across the counter.

I was stunned by his generosity and started to reach for my wallet, "Oh I can pay. Please let me..."

The pretzel guy pushed the box another six inches across the counter and smiled. "Just tell them Joe Sullivan said to do something nice for someone else."

And so that day everyone in medical records was treated to a soft pretzel. Word spread fast as people came up to my desk asking, "Is it really true? Did you bring in soft pretzels?" It was as if I'd carried in a box of gold.

With each pretzel, I shared the story of Pretzel Boys generosity. Without exception each employee was moved by Joe Sullivan's words and kind deed. It mattered to them that a stranger cared.

And with every bite of soft pretzel a little bit of healing took place.

Thank you Joe!

~ Teri Goggin-Roberts ~
<IndigoMuse63 @ aol.com>

Teri is a native Philadelphian who lives just outside the city with her husband and children. She says, "I am blessed to continue to be employed in another part of the hospital system. I dedicate this story to my co-workers in the hopes that they all land on their feet."
Old 05-04-2009, 07:04 PM   #1089
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

My Resignation
Author Unknown

I am hereby officially tendering my
resignation as an adult. I have decided
I would like to accept the responsibilities
of an 8 year-old.

I want to go to McDonald's and
think that it's a four star restaurant.

I want to sail sticks across a fresh mud
puddle and make a sidewalk with rocks.

I want to think M&Ms are better than money because you can eat them.

I want to lie under a big oak tree and run a lemonade stand with my friends on a hot summer's day.

I want to return to a time when life was simple; When all you knew were colors, multiplication tables, and nursery rhymes, but that didn't bother you, because you didn't know what you didn't know and you didn't care.

All you knew was to be happy because you were blissfully unaware of all the things that should make you worried or upset.

I want to think the world is fair. That everyone is honest and good.

I want to believe that anything is possible. I want to be oblivious to the complexities of life and be overly excited by the little things again.

I want to live simple again. I don't want my day to consist of computer crashes, mountains of paperwork, depressing news, how to survive more days in the month than there is money in the bank, doctor bills, gossip, illness, and loss of loved ones.

I want to believe in the power of smiles, hugs, a kind word, truth, justice, peace, dreams, the imagination, mankind, and making angels in the snow.

So... here's my checkbook and my car-keys, my credit card bills and my 401K statements. I am officially resigning from adulthood.

And if you want to discuss this further, you'll have to catch me first, cause........

......"Tag! You're it."
Old 05-04-2009, 07:33 PM   #1090
Stazon Splitcoast

Caterina- my sister sent this to me. It sure made me rethink my life.

Joan
Old 05-05-2009, 02:14 AM   #1091
Cardstock Collector

Thumbs up

Ahhhhh love the poem I am semi retired from adult hood (I'm a kid half the time) does that count?

Thank you for taking the time to put these wonderful messages in I may not always be here but I am in my heart, thinking of all the wonderful people who do and say wonderful things, just because they can.

Love Dawn xx
Old 05-05-2009, 03:37 AM   #1092
Stampin' Fool

Location: Rockville, Maryland, near my family.... enjoying my grandkids!
Send a message via Yahoo to bsgstamps4fun

Good morning dear friends, praying for all this morning and wishing all a blessed day.
Old 05-05-2009, 03:52 AM   #1093
Gabfest Goddess

Joan, praying for you and your family. You have a lot going on praying for you MIL, your children and DH.

Barb, how are things by you?

To everyone on this thread hello and praying for a blessed Tuesday.

Hugs,
Michele
Old 05-05-2009, 06:38 AM   #1094
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by *craftydawn* View Post
Ahhhhh love the poem I am semi retired from adult hood (I'm a kid half the time) does that count?

Thank you for taking the time to put these wonderful messages in I may not always be here but I am in my heart, thinking of all the wonderful people who do and say wonderful things, just because they can.

Love Dawn xx

Hello, Dawn, and welcome - happy to know you enjoy the messages - stop by anytime.
Old 05-05-2009, 06:42 AM   #1095
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Good morning to everyone, this one has been around but still good nonetheless....

Twenty Dollars
Author Unknown

A well known speaker started off his seminar by holding up a $20 bill. In the room of 200, he asked. "Who would like this $20 bill?"

Hands started going up. He said, "I am going to give this $20 to one of you - but first, let me do this."

He proceeded to crumple the 20 dollar note up. He then asked. "Who still wants it?" Still the hands were up in the air.

"Well," he replied, "what if I do this?" He dropped it on the
ground and started to grind it into the floor with his shoe. He picked it up, now crumpled and dirty. "Now, who still wants it?"

Still the hands went into the air.

"My friends, you have all learned a very valuable lesson. No
matter what I did to the money, you still wanted it because it did not decrease in value. It was still worth $20.

Many times in our lives, we are dropped, crumpled, and ground into the dirt by the decisions we make and the circumstances that come our way. We feel as though we are worthless; but no matter what happened or what will happen, you will never lose your value.

Dirty or clean, crumpled or finely creased, you are still
priceless to God and those who love you.

The worth of our lives comes, not in what we do or who we know, but by ...WHO WE ARE.

You are special to GOD - don't ever forget it."
Old 05-05-2009, 12:19 PM   #1096
Stazon Splitcoast

Wow Caterina- The story twenty dollars sure hits home. How often I forget the message! I am so grateful to all the ladies on this thread. I can't put into words just how comforting knowing that people care and are praying for us. My mother taught me when I was young that when ever you are doing a mundane chore you should pray. That is a great big section of my days. Thanks!

Joan
Old 05-05-2009, 12:29 PM   #1097
Cardstock Collector

That is so true ($20) To your Heavenly Father you are worth so much more. It is hard to remember this when we are feeling down trodden. But like another previous quote
some one (SO) loves u
SO cares what happens to you
SO is thinking of U etc etc

Never for get this in times or woe. remember the famous poem FOOTPRINTS that's when he is carrying you.

God bless you all xx
Old 05-06-2009, 12:17 PM   #1098
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Can You See God?
Author Unknown

A small boy once approached his slightly older sister with a question about God. "Susie, can anybody ever really see God?" he asked.

Busy with other things, Susie curtly replied: "No, of course
not silly. God is so far up in heaven that nobody can see him."

Time passed, but his question still lingered so he approached his mom: "Mom, can anybody ever really see God?" "No, not really," she gently said. "God is a spirit and he dwells in our hearts, but we can never really see Him."

Somewhat satisfied but still wondering, the youngster went on his way. Not long afterwards, his saintly old grandfather took the little boy on a fishing trip.

They were having a great time together. The sun was beginning to set with unusual splendor and the grandfather stared silently at the exquisite beauty unfolding before them.

On seeing the face of his grandfather reflecting such deep
peace and contentment, the little boy thought for a moment and finally spoke hesitatingly:

"Granddad, I--I-- wasn't going to ask anybody else, but I wonder if you can tell me the answer to something I've been wondering about a long time. Can anybody - can anybody ever really see God?".

The old man did not even turn his head.

A long moment slipped by before he finally answered.

"Son," he quietly said. "It's getting so I can't see anything else."
Old 05-07-2009, 04:06 AM   #1099
Rubber Obsessor

Hello ladies, sorry I have not been around the radium is making me really tired, however only 3 to go

Caterina love the latest posts...I have saved the $20 story to use as an opening worship for one of my Girls Brigade officer training sessions...it is good to remember no what life throws at you, you are still loved and valued by God

I thank God each day that I came across this thread...thank you all so much
Old 05-07-2009, 08:52 AM   #1100
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

My Mother's Bible

There’s a dear and precious Book,
Though it’s worn and faded now,
Which recalls those happy days of long ago,
When I stood at mother’s knee,
With her hand upon my brow,
And I heard her voice in gentle tones and low.

Blessed Book, precious Book,
On thy dear old tear stained leaves I love to look;
Thou art sweeter day by day, as I walk the narrow way
That leads at last to that bright home above.

As she read the stories o’er
Of those mighty men of old,
Of Joseph and of Daniel and their trials,
Of little David bold,
Who became a king at last,
Of Satan and his many wicked wiles.

Then she read of Jesus’ love,
As He blessed the children dear,
How He suffered, bled and died upon the tree;
Of His heavy load of care,
Then she dried my flowing tears
With her kisses as she said it was for me.

Well, those days are past and gone,
But their memory lingers still
And the dear old Book each day has been my guide;
And I seek to do His will,
As my mother taught me then,
And ever in my heart His Words abide.

Written by: M. B. Williams, 1893
Old 05-07-2009, 08:53 AM   #1101
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pansy Anne View Post
Hello ladies, sorry I have not been around the radium is making me really tired, however only 3 to go

Caterina love the latest posts...I have saved the $20 story to use as an opening worship for one of my Girls Brigade officer training sessions...it is good to remember no what life throws at you, you are still loved and valued by God

I thank God each day that I came across this thread...thank you all so much

Anne, may the Lord's grace and mercy get you through to much better days.
Old 05-07-2009, 12:30 PM   #1102
Stazon Splitcoast

Anne- I am praying for you daily.
Caterina- I love your stories.
Hi Dawn

Joan
Old 05-08-2009, 08:40 AM   #1103
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

TWO FRIENDS WERE WALKING
THROUGH THE DESERT.
DURING SOME POINT OF THE
JOURNEY, THEY HAD AN
ARGUMENT; AND ONE FRIEND
SLAPPED THE OTHER ONE
IN THE FACE.

THE ONE WHO GOT SLAPPED
WAS HURT, BUT WITHOUT
SAYING ANYTHING,
WROTE IN THE SAND:

TODAY MY BEST FRIEND
SLAPPED ME IN THE FACE.

THEY KEPT ON WALKING,
UNTIL THEY FOUND AN OASIS,
WHERE THEY DECIDED
TO TAKE A BATH
THE ONE WHO HAD BEEN
SLAPPED GOT STUCK IN THE
MIRE AND STARTED DROWNING,
BUT THE FRIEND SAVED HIM.

AFTER HE RECOVERED FROM
THE NEAR DROWNING,
HE WROTE ON A STONE:

"TODAY MY BEST FRIEND
SAVED MY LIFE ".

THE FRIEND WHO HAD SLAPPED
AND SAVED HIS BEST FRIEND
ASKED HIM, "AFTER I HURT YOU,
YOU WROTE IN THE SAND AND NOW,
YOU WRITE ON A STONE, WHY?"

THE FRIEND REPLIED
"WHEN SOMEONE HURTS US
WE SHOULD WRITE IT DOWN
IN SAND, WHERE WINDS OF
FORGIVENESS CAN ERASE IT AWAY.
BUT, WHEN SOMEONE DOES
SOMETHING GOOD FOR US,
WE MUS T ENGRAVE IT IN STONE
WHERE NO WIND
CAN EVER ERASE IT."

LEARN TO WRITE
YOUR HURTS IN
THE SAND AND TO
CARVE YOUR
BENEFITS IN STONE.

THEY SAY IT TAKES A
MINUTE TO FIND A SPECIAL
PERSON, AN HOUR TO
APPRECIATE THEM, A DAY
TO LOVE THEM, BUT THEN
AN ENTIRE LIFE
TO FORGET THEM.

DO NOT VALUE THE THINGS
YOU HAVE IN YOUR LIFE,
BUT VALUE WHO YOU HAVE IN YOUR LIFE !
Old 05-08-2009, 10:54 AM   #1104
Stampin' Fool

Praying for all this wonderful spring day, finally some sunshine! Very meaningful message once again Caterina and so true.
If I don't get a chance to comment before Mother's Day, I will wish you all a wonderful day. No matter where you fall in the lineup....mother, daughter, aunt, sister, friend, teacher, nurse..... you have made a difference in another person's life. For that I say Happy Mother's Day!
Old 05-08-2009, 01:01 PM   #1105
Stazon Splitcoast

Caterina- the poem was so touching.
Barb-Happy Mother's Day!

Joan
Old 05-08-2009, 01:15 PM   #1106
Pearl-ExPert

Amy update: She was up walking for a few minutes today. My sis in law found her in her room crying. She asked if she was going to die. The doctor said they had given up on reviving her when he decided since she was so young he would try once more. The rest of the team said she was gone. He said another 40 seconds he would not have been able to bring her back. So a lot of help in the angel department that day.

They are not going to do a pacemaker but a defibrillator. If her heart stops it can shock her and bring her back.

She is a step below intensive care. Things are looking up. I am cautiously optimistic. For anyone following this, I will continue to update until Amy is home!!
Deborah
"Imagination is more important than knowledge" ~ Albert Einstein
Old 05-08-2009, 01:23 PM   #1107
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks for the up date on Amy. I have been praying for her and will continue.

Joan
Old 05-09-2009, 07:03 AM   #1108
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Isaiah 65:24 And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear.

This beautiful story was written by a doctor who worked in South Africa

One night I had worked hard to help a mother in the labor ward; but in spite of all we could do, she died, leaving us with a tiny, premature baby and a crying two-year-old daughter. We would have difficulty keeping the baby alive, as we had no incubator (we had no electricity to run an incubator). We also had no special feeding facilities.

Although we lived on the equator, nights were often chilly with treacherous drafts. One student midwife went for the box we had for such babies and the cotton wool that the baby would be wrapped in. Another went to stoke up the fire and fill a hot water bottle. She came back shortly in distress to tell me that in filling the bottle, it had burst (rubber perishes easily in tropical climates).. 'And it is our last hot water bottle!' she exclaimed. As in the West, it is no good crying over spilled milk, so in Central Africa it might be considered no good crying over burst water bottles. They do not grow on trees, and there are no drugstores down forest pathways.

'All right,' I said, 'put the baby as near the fire as you safely can, and sleep between the baby and the door to keep it free from drafts. Your job is to keep the baby warm..'

The following noon, as I did most days, I went to have prayers with any of the orphanage children who chose to gather with me. I gave the youngsters various suggestions of things to pray about and told them about the tiny baby. I explained our problem about keeping the baby warm enough, mentioning the hot water bottle, and that the baby could so easily die if it got chills. I also told them of the two-year-old sister, crying because her mother had died.

During prayer time, one ten -year-old girl, Ruth, prayed with the usual blunt conciseness of our African children. 'Please, God' she prayed, 'Send us a hot water bottle today. It'll be no good tomorrow, God, as the baby will be dead, so please send it this afternoon.'

While I gasped inwardly at the audacity of the prayer, she added, 'And while You are about it, would You please send a dolly for the little girl so she'll know You really love her?'

As often with children's prayers, I was put on the spot. Could I honestly say 'Amen'? I just did not believe that God could do this. Oh, yes, I know that He can do everything; the Bible says so. But there are limits, aren't there? The only way God could answer this particular prayer would be by sending me a parcel from the homeland. I had been in Africa for almost four years at that time, and I had never, ever, received a parcel from home. Anyway, if anyone did send me a parcel, who would put in a hot water bottle? I lived on the equator!

Halfway through the afternoon, while I was teaching in the nurses' training school, a message was sent that there was a car at my front door. By the time I reached home, the car had gone, but there on the verandah was a large 22-pound parcel. I felt tears pricking my eyes. I could not open the parcel alone, so I sent for the orphanage children. Together we pulled off the string, carefully undoing each knot. We folded the paper, taking care not to tear it unduly. Excitement was mounting. Some thirty or forty pairs of eyes were focused on the large cardboard box. From the top, I lifted out brightly-colored, knitted jerseys. Eyes sparkled as I gave them out. Then there were the knitted bandages for the leprosy patients, and the children looked a little bored. Then came a box of mixed raisins and sultanas - that would make a batch of buns for the weekend.

Then, as I put my hand in again, I felt the......could it really be? I grasped it and pulled it out. Yes, a brand new, rubber hot water bottle. I cried. I had not asked God to send it; I had not truly believed that He could. Ruth was in the front row of the children. She rushed forward, crying out, 'If God has sent the bottle, He must have sent the dolly, too!' Rummaging down to the bottom of the box, she pulled out the small, beautifully-dressed dolly. Her eyes shone! She had never doubted! Looking up at me, she asked: 'Can I go over with you and give this dolly to that little girl, so she'll know that Jesus really loves her?' Of course, I replied!

That parcel had been on the way for five whole months, packed up by my former Sunday school class, whose leader had heard and obeyed God's prompting to send a hot water bottle, even to the equator. And one of the girls had put in a dolly for an African child - five months before, in answer to the believing prayer of a ten-year-old to bring it 'that afternoon.'

'BEFORE they call, I will answer.' (Isaiah 65:24
)
Old 05-09-2009, 04:08 PM   #1109
Stazon Splitcoast

Caterina- A good reminder of the power of prayer.

I just returned form church. I was able to talk with a woman whose niece had committed suicide leaving behind three small children. I am asking for prayers. Her name is Jane. Their is a restraining order against the father. So the family is trying to see who is the best equipped to take care of the three little ones.

Joan
Old 05-10-2009, 03:30 AM   #1110
Die Cut Diva

A BLESSED MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL OF YOU!!!

Hugs,

Rita
Old 05-10-2009, 03:34 AM   #1111
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

I just returned form church. I was able to talk with a woman whose niece had committed suicide leaving behind three small children. I am asking for prayers. Her name is Jane. Their is a restraining order against the father. So the family is trying to see who is the best equipped to take care of the three little ones.
Joan ... how very sad. I will be lifting up these children and all the family in my prayers.

Caterina .... your devotionals are such a blessing. Thank you!!! I know you are having an extra wonderful weekend with your sweet and inspiring houseguest.

Rita
Old 05-10-2009, 06:34 AM   #1112
Stazon Splitcoast

Rita- thanks! I just heard the parish is going to start a collection for their needs. I wish I could give more monetarily but I will give in prayers.
Happy Mother's Day to all!

Joan
Old 05-10-2009, 06:54 AM   #1113
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:

My heart aches for these precious children. If you have an address for them, it would be a privilege to send them some happy mail.
Old 05-10-2009, 06:57 AM   #1114
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO EVERYONE!!

MOTHERS

Real Mothers don't eat quiche;
They don't have time to make it.

Real Mothers know that their kitchen utensils
Are probably in the sandbox.

Real Mothers often have sticky floors,
Filthy ovens and happy kids.

Real Mothers know that dried play dough
Doesn't come out of carpets.

Real Mothers don't want to know what
The vacuum just sucked up.

Real Mothers sometimes ask 'Why me?'
And get their answer when a little
Voice says, 'Because I love you best.'

Real Mothers know that a child's growth
Is not measured by height or years or grade...
It is marked by the progression of Mommy to Mom to Mother...

The Images of Mother

4 YEARS OF AGE - My Mommy can do anything!

8 YEARS OF AGE - My Mom knows a lot! A whole lot!

12 YEARS OF AGE - My Mother doesn't really know quite everything.

14 YEARS OF AGE - Naturally, Mother doesn't know that, either.

16 YEARS OF AGE - Mother? She's hopelessly old-fashioned.

18 YEARS OF AGE - That old woman? She's way out of date!

25 YEARS OF AGE - Well, she might know a little bit about it!

35 YEARS OF AGE - Before we decide, let's get Mom's opinion.

45 YEARS OF AGE - Wonder what Mom would have thought about it?

65 YEARS OF AGE - Wish I could talk it over with Mom.

The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure she carries, or the way she combs her hair.

The beauty of a woman must be seen from in her eyes,
Because that is the doorway to her heart,
The place where love resides.
The beauty of a woman is not in a facial mole,
But true beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul.
It is the caring that she lovingly gives, the passion that she
Shows, and the beauty of a woman with passing years only grows!
Old 05-10-2009, 07:02 AM   #1115
Stazon Splitcoast

Caterina- I asked about this. I guess they are living is being kept quiet, due to their father. Lots of prayers is what they need!

Joan
Old 05-11-2009, 05:15 PM   #1116
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

"A touching story worth reading."

~ Author Unknown

Dear Patrick,

I was then an only child who had everything I could ever want. But even a pretty, spoiled and rich kid could get lonely once in a while so when Mom told me that she was pregnant, I was ecstatic. I imagined how wonderful you would be and how we'd always be together and how much you would look like me. So, when you were born, I looked at your tiny hands and feet and marveled at how beautiful you were.

We took you home and I showed you proudly to my friends. They would touch you and sometimes pinch you, but you never reacted. When you were five months old, some things began to bother Mom. You seemed so unmoving and numb, and your cry sounded odd --- almost like a kitten's. So we brought you to many doctors.

The thirteenth doctor who looked at you quietly said you have the "cry du chat" (pronounced Kree-do-sha) syndrome, "cry of the cat" in French.

When I asked what that meant, he looked at me with pity and softly said, "Your brother will never walk nor talk." The doctor told us that it is a condition that afflicts one in 50,000 babies, rendering victims severely retarded. Mom was shocked and I was furious. I thought it was unfair.

When we went home, Mom took you in her arms and cried. I looked at you and realized that word will get around that you're not normal. So to hold on to my popularity, I did the unthinkable ... I disowned you. Mom and Dad didn't know but I steeled myself not to love you as you grew. Mom and Dad showered you love and attention and that made me bitter. And as the years passed, that bitterness turned to anger, and then hate.

Mom never gave up on you. She knew she had to do it for your sake.

Everytime she put your toys down, you'd roll instead of crawl. I watched her heart break every time she took away your toys and strapped your tummy with foam so you couldn't roll. You struggle and you're cry in that pitiful way, the cry of the kitten. But she still didn't give up.

And then one day, you defied what all your doctors said -- you crawled.

When mom saw this, she knew you would eventually walk. So when you were still crawling at age four, she'd put you on the grass with only your diapers on knowing that you hate the feel of the grass on your skin.

Then she'd leave you there. I would sometimes watch from the windows and smile at your discomfort. You would crawl to the sidewalk and Mom would put you back. Again and again, Mom repeated this on the lawn. Until one day, Mom saw you pull yourself up and toddle off the grass as fast as your little legs could carry you.

Laughing and crying, she shouted for Dad and I to come. Dad hugged you crying openly.

I watched from my bedroom window this heartbreaking scene.

Over the years, Mom taught you to speak, read and write. From then on, I would sometime see you walk outside, smell the flowers, marvel at the birds, or just smile at no one. I began to see the beauty of the world through your eyes. It was then that I realized that you were my brother and no matter how much I tried to hate you, I couldn't, because I had grown to love you.

During the next few days, we again became acquainted with each other. I would buy you toys and give you all the love that a sister could ever give to her brother. And you would reward me by smiling and hugging me.

But I guess, you were never really meant for us. On your tenth birthday, you felt severe headaches. The doctor's diagnosis --leukemia. Mom gasped and Dad held her, while I fought hard to keep my tears from falling. At that moment, I loved you all the more. I couldn't even bear to leave your side. Then the doctors told us that your only hope is to have a bonemarrow transplant. You became the subject of a nationwide donor search. When at last we found the right match, you were too sick, and the doctor reluctantly ruled out the operations. Since then, you underwent chemotherapy and radiation.

Even at the end, you continued to pursue life. Just a month before you died, you made me draw up a list of things you wanted to do when you got out of the hospital. Two days after the list was completed, you asked the doctors to send you home. There, we ate ice cream and cake, run across the grass, flew kites, went fishing, took pictures of one another and let the balloons fly. I remember the last conversation that we had. You said that if you die, and if I need of help, I could send you a note to heaven by tying it on the string of any balloon and letting it fly. When you said this, I started crying. Then you hugged me. Then again, for the last time, you got sick.

That last night, you asked for water, a back rub, a cuddle. Finally, you went into seizure with tears streaming down your face. Later, at the hospital, you struggled to talk but the words wouldn't come. I know what you wanted to say. "Hear you," I whispered. And for the last time, I said, "I'll always love and I will never forget you. Don't be afraid. You'll soon be with God in heaven." Then, with my tears flowing freely, I watched the bravest boy I had ever known finally stop breathing. Dad, Mom and I cried until I felt as if there were no more tears left. Patrick was finally gone, leaving us behind.

From then on, you were my source of inspiration. You showed me how to love life and live to the fullest. With your simplicity and honesty, you showed me a world full of love and caring. And you made me realize that the most important thing in this life is to continue loving without asking why or how and without setting any limit.

Thank you, my little brother, for all these.
Old 05-11-2009, 06:12 PM   #1117
Stazon Splitcoast

Caterina- Great Story!

Joan
Old 05-12-2009, 03:51 AM   #1118
Stampin' Fool

Good morning everyone. I have been catching up on the messages, such a tragedy about the young woman leaving the little ones. It seems there are far too many stories like this one.
Prayers for all concerns this morning. I hope you are enjoying this gorgeous spring weather in your part of the world.
We have a huge Praise! After 5 months of suffering from Shingles and this horrible rash for the past 2 mos. Ed is feeling like a human again! The rash is almost faded and has minor itching but he is able to get things done and enjoy being alive again. The drs. still
don't know about the cause of the rash. Regardless, I am so thankful!
Old 05-12-2009, 06:39 AM   #1119
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsgstamps4fun View Post
Good morning everyone. I have been catching up on the messages, such a tragedy about the young woman leaving the little ones. It seems there are far too many stories like this one.
Prayers for all concerns this morning. I hope you are enjoying this gorgeous spring weather in your part of the world.
We have a huge Praise! After 5 months of suffering from Shingles and this horrible rash for the past 2 mos. Ed is feeling like a human again! The rash is almost faded and has minor itching but he is able to get things done and enjoy being alive again. The drs. still
don't know about the cause of the rash. Regardless, I am so thankful!

Barb, so grateful to the Lord that your husband is feeling better!!
Old 05-12-2009, 06:45 AM   #1120
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile GOTTA LOVE KIDS....

"Why God Made Moms "

( The following answers were given by Elementary School
Children to the following questions )

Question----"Why Did God Make Mothers?""

The answers:
1. She's the only one who knows where the scotch tape is.

2. Mostly to clean the house.

3. To help us out of there when we were getting born.

Q-----"How Did God Make Mothers?"

1. He used dirt, just like for the rest of us.

2. Magic plus super powers and a lot of stirring.

3. God made my mom just the same like he made me. He just
used bigger parts.

Q----"What Ingredients Are Mother's Made Of ?"

1. God makes mothers out of clouds and angel hair and
everything nice in the world and one dab of mean.

2. They had to get their start from men's bones. Then they
He mostly used string I think.

Q----"Why Did God Give You Your Mother And not Some Other
Mom?"

1. We're related.

2. God knew she likes me a lot more than other people's
moms like me.

Q----"What Kind Of Little Girl Was Your Mom?"

1. My mom has always been my mom and none of that other
stuff...

2. I don't know because I wasn't there, but my guess would be
pretty bossy.

3. They say she used to be nice.

Q----"What Did Mom Need To Know About Dad Before She
Married Him?"

1. His last name.

2. She had to know his background. Like is he a crook? Does
he get drunk on beer? Does he make at least $800 a year? Did
he say NO to drugs and YES to chores?

Q----"Why Did Your Mom Marry Your Dad ?"

1. My dad makes the best spaghetti in the world. And my mom
eats a lot.

2. She got too old to do anything else with him.

3. My grandma says that mom didn't have her thinking cap on.

Q----"Who's The Boss At Your House?"

1. Mom doesn't want to be boss, but she has to because dad's
such a goofball

2. Mom. You can tell by room inspection. She sees the stuff
under the bed.

3. I guess Mom is, but only because she has a lot more to do
than dad.

Q----"What's The Difference Between Moms And Dads?"

1. Moms work at work & work at home, & dads just go to work
at work.

2. Moms know how to talk to teachers without scaring them.

3. Dads are taller & stronger, but moms have all the real power
'cause that's who you got to ask if you want to sleep over at
your friend's.

Q----"What Does Your Mom Do In Her Spare Time?"

1. Mothers don't do spare time.

2. To hear her tell it, she pays bills all day long.

Q----"What Would It Take To Make Your Mom Perfect?"

1. On the inside she's already perfect. Outside, I think some
kind of plastic surgery.

2. Diet. You know, her hair. I'd diet, maybe blue.

Q----"If You Could Change One Thing About Your Mom What
Would It Be?"

1. She has this weird thing about me keeping my room clean.
I'd get rid of that.
2. I'd make my mom smarter. Then she would know it was my
sister who did it and not me.

Jesus said; "Let the little children come
to me, and do not hinder them, for the
kingdom of God belongs to such as these."
( MARK 10:14 *NIV )