Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree397Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-05-2009, 02:23 PM   #961
Stazon Splitcoast

Caterina- WOW. The coffee story is just what I needed. Wish I would have know this part as a teenager and young woman.
"The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the most of everything that comes along their way. The brightest future will always be based on a forgotten past; you can't go forward in life until you let go of your past failures and heartaches."

Smiles and Hugs to all!

Joan
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-05-2009, 02:23 PM   #962
Stazon Splitcoast

Caterina- WOW. The coffee story is just what I needed. Wish I would have know this part as a teenager and young woman.
"The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the most of everything that comes along their way. The brightest future will always be based on a forgotten past; you can't go forward in life until you let go of your past failures and heartaches."

Smiles and Hugs to all!

Joan
Old 04-05-2009, 02:40 PM   #963
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pansy Anne View Post
Caterina I used the coffee story as an opening worship for my Girls Brigade company...it teaches a fabulous lessson....as do all of the stories, verses and poems you post...I love them
The coffee story is an extra special one because it came from one of the sweet Cole kids site.
Old 04-05-2009, 04:42 PM   #964
Stazon Splitcoast

I have no idea how my previous post was double. Oh, well stuff happens! My dh just came home. We need to go shopping for the week. Have a good evening. Hugs and smiles.

Joan
Old 04-05-2009, 05:56 PM   #965
Die Cut Diva

Hello everyone!

Caterina ... G-r-e-a-t devotional! I pray that the Lord will help me be coffee. During tough times I seem to vacillate between being a carrot and an egg; the Lord is working on me, though!

Anne ... how very blessed your girls are to have you as their Girls Brigade leader. Your courage and faith in the face of adversity must be an incredible testimony to them! My guess is that they have also been a blessing and encouragement to you during your illness ... am I right?

I'll be remembering you each morning this week as you go in for treatments.

Rita
Old 04-06-2009, 03:51 AM   #966
Rubber Obsessor

Hi everyone, just to let you know that my first treatment went really well and to thank everyone again for their continued prayers and support it means so much to me

Rita,We have 69 girls in our Girls Brigade Company aged from 4 to 16 and as Captain I come into contact with of all them, they have been a great help to me, just by being themselves and the boost I get just being with them...I have not hidden anything from them and they have not treated me any different, through my hair loss etc... in fact their concern for my health on the weeks I have not been able to attend company nights has really touched me and the hugs I get from the little ones on my return is fabulous. I hope that I have shown them that although illness may hit them or someone in their family, or that they may meet some other obstacle in their lives....that they can face it with dignity and strength and that no matter how hard it may appear they can overcome it. I know that they have helped me to remain strong and I love them all dearly for it.

Our Girls Brigade motto is "Seek, Serve and follow Christ" and that is what we try to do

One hundred years from now
It will not matter what kind of car I drove,
What kind of house I lived in,
How much money I had in my bank account,
Nor what my clothes looked like.
But one hundred years from now
The world may be a little better
Because I was important
In the life of a child.

~Dr. Forest E. Witcraft

Last edited by Pansy Anne; 04-06-2009 at 04:00 AM..
Old 04-06-2009, 04:22 AM   #967
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Our Girls Brigade motto is "Seek, Serve and follow Christ" and that is what we try to do

One hundred years from now
It will not matter what kind of car I drove,
What kind of house I lived in,
How much money I had in my bank account,
Nor what my clothes looked like.
But one hundred years from now
The world may be a little better
Because I was important
In the life of a child.

~Dr. Forest E. Witcraft
Anne ... how beautiful that is and oh, how true! There is no better investment than the time and love we put into the lives of the young ones around us.

So glad that your treatment went well today.

Rita
Old 04-06-2009, 03:29 PM   #968
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quilt of Holes

As I faced my Maker at the last judgment, I knelt before the Lord along with all the other souls.

Before each of us laid our lives like the squares of a quilt in many piles;
an angel sat before each of us sewing our quilt squares together into a tapestry that is our life.

But as my angel took each piece of cloth off the pile, I noticed how ragged and empty each of my squares was. They were filled with giant holes. Each square was labeled with a part of my life that had been difficult, the challenges and temptations I was faced with in every day life. I saw hardships that I endured, which were the largest holes of all.

I glanced around me. Nobody else had such squares.Other than a tiny hole here and there, the other tapestries were filled with rich color and the bright hues of worldly fortune. I gazed upon my own life and was disheartened.

My angel was sewing the ragged pieces of cloth together, threadbare and empty, like binding air..

Finally the time came when each life was to be displayed, held up to the light, the scrutiny of truth. The others rose; each in turn, holding up their tapestries. So filled their lives had been. My angel looked upon me, and nodded for me to rise.

My gaze dropped to the ground in shame. I hadn't had all the earthly fortunes. I had love in my life, and laughter. But there had also been trials of illness, and wealth, and false accusations that took from me my world, as I knew it. I had to start over many times. I often struggled with the temptation to quit, only to somehow muster the strength to pick up and begin again. I spent many nights on my knees in prayer, asking for help and guidance in my life. I had often been held up to ridicule, which I endured painfully, each time offering it up to the Father in hopes that I would not melt within my skin beneath the judgmental gaze of those who unfairly judged me.

And now, I had to face the truth. My life was what it was, and I had to accept it for what it was..

I rose and slowly lifted the combined squares of my life to the light.

An awe-filled gasp filled the air. I gazed around at the others who stared at me with wide eyes.

Then, I looked upon the tapestry before me. Light flooded the many holes, creating an image, the face of Christ. Then our Lord stood before me, with warmth and love in His eyes. He said, 'Every time you gave over your life to Me, it became My life, My hardships, and My struggles.

Each point of light in your life is when you stepped aside and let Me shine through, until there was more of Me than there was of you.'

May all our quilts be threadbare and worn, allowing Christ to shine through!

God determines who walks into your life ...it's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go..'

When there is nothing left but God that is when you find out that God is all you need.
Old 04-07-2009, 04:22 AM   #969
Stampin' Fool

Location: Rockville, Maryland, near my family.... enjoying my grandkids!
Send a message via Yahoo to bsgstamps4fun

Another wonderful message, thanks Caterina. Forgive me for not posting more often, I have been very busy with little time to post on all the sites. I think of you all and pray for your needs, hugs to all of you dear friends.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:45 AM   #970
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Truly an inspiration -- what an incredible little man!

Click below to view

http://www.heraldleaderphoto.com/2008/05/31/
Old 04-08-2009, 07:08 AM   #971
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

The Real Meaning Of Peace
Author Unknown

There once was a king who offered a prize to the artist
who would paint the best picture of peace. Many artists
tried. The king looked at all the pictures. But there
were only two he really liked, and he had to choose
between them.

One picture was of a calm lake. The lake was a
perfect mirror for peaceful towering mountains all around
it. Overhead was a blue sky with fluffy white clouds.
All who saw this picture thought that it was a perfect
picture of peace.

The other picture had mountains, too. But these were rugged
and bare. Above was an angry sky, from which rain fell and in which lightning played. Down the side of the mountain tumbled a foaming waterfall. This did not look peaceful at all.

But when the king looked closely, he saw behind the waterfall a tiny bush growing in a crack in the rock. In the bush a mother bird had built her nest. There, in the midst of the rush of angry water, sat the mother bird on her nest - in perfect peace.

Which picture do you think won the prize? The king chose the second picture. Do you know why?

"Because," explained the king, "peace does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble, or hard work. Peace means to be in the midst of all those things and still be calm in your heart. That is the real meaning of peace."
Old 04-08-2009, 07:32 PM   #972
Stazon Splitcoast

I love this...

Joan
Old 04-09-2009, 06:00 AM   #973
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

A little something to bring a smile....

When I was younger, I remember receiving the inevitable homework assignment to write an essay on "something I am thankful for." Then I'd spend a lot of time sitting in my room trying to figure out just what in the world that could possibly be, and I'd end up writing down everything I could think of from God to environmental consciousness. But after having children, my priorities have clearly changed:

BEFORE CHILDREN: I was thankful to have been born the USA, the most powerful free democracy in the world.
AFTER CHILDREN: I am thankful for Velcro tennis shoes. As well as saving valuable time, now I can hear the sound of my son taking off his shoes -- which gives me three extra seconds to activate the safety locks on the back seat windows right before he hurls them out of the car and onto the freeway.

BEFORE CHILDREN: I was thankful for the recycling program that will preserve our natural resources and prevent the overloading of landfills.
AFTER CHILDREN: I am thankful for swim diapers because every time my son wanders into water in plain disposables, he ends up wearing a blimp the size of, say, New Jersey, on his bottom.

BEFORE CHILDREN: I was thankful for fresh, organic vegetables.
AFTER CHILDREN: I am thankful for microwaveable macaroni and cheese -- without which my children would be surviving on about three bites of cereal and their own spit.

BEFORE CHILDREN: I was thankful for the opportunity to obtain a college education and have a higher quality of life than my ancestors.
AFTER CHILDREN: I am thankful to finish a complete thought without being interrupted.

BEFORE CHILDREN: I was thankful for holistic medicine and natural herbs.
AFTER CHILDREN: I am thankful for pediatric cough syrup guaranteed to "cause drowsiness" in young children.

BEFORE CHILDREN: I was thankful for all of the teachers who had taught, encouraged, and nurtured me throughout my formative years.
AFTER CHILDREN: I am thankful for all of the people at Weight Watchers who let me strip down to pantyhose and a strategically placed scarf before getting on the scale each week.

BEFORE CHILDREN: I was thankful for the opportunity to vacation in exotic foreign countries so I could experience a different way of life in a new culture.
AFTER CHILDREN: I am thankful to have time to make it all the way down the driveway to get the mail.

BEFORE CHILDREN: I was thankful for the Moosewood Vegetarian cookbook.
AFTER CHILDREN: I am thankful for the Butterball turkey hotline.

BEFORE CHILDREN: I was thankful for a warm, cozy home to share with my loved ones.
AFTER CHILDREN: I am thankful for the lock on the bathroom door.

BEFORE CHILDREN: I was thankful for such material objects as custom furniture, a nice car, and trendy clothes.
AFTER CHILDREN: I am thankful when the baby spits up and misses my good shoes.

BEFORE CHILDREN: I was thankful for my wonderful family.
AFTER CHILDREN: I am thankful for my wonderful family.

Last edited by caterinafmig; 04-09-2009 at 06:18 AM..
Old 04-09-2009, 08:10 AM   #974
Rubber Obsessor

Hi ladies, sorry not been on for a while, travelling back and forward each is really tiring me out, Rita thank you again for the lovely card, I loved it. I feel so bad as i have not had time to make cards to send back, but I will

Caterina I love the before and after children, so true
Old 04-09-2009, 08:27 AM   #975
Stazon Splitcoast

Annei glad to see you back. Sorry about all the tiredness, Hope that the energy comes back soon.

Joan
Old 04-09-2009, 10:05 AM   #976
Die Cut Diva

Anne ... so sorry that the to-and-from travel is so tiring .... thank goodness you have the weekends off to recoup a bit. Please just concentrate on resting as much as possible. I'm glad your card arrived this quickly .... I surely had fun making it for you. I look forward to receiving a handmade card from you when you are feeling much stronger again.

Rita
Old 04-10-2009, 06:25 AM   #977
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Good morning, dear friends, as most of you know, I am a member of the newly founded Cole Foundation which has been and is such an incredible blessing. Aaron, Cole's dad, started the foundation in honor of his son and he just posted this and wanted to share it with you.

Friday, April 10, 2009 8:32 AM, CDT

I wonder how many people actually take the time to realize what today really is? What is Good Friday? For some it is simply a day off of school or work. Only to prepare ourselves for the Easter bunnies basket of goodies on Sunday.

How many people don't take the time to think about the reality of what happened today? You know, to be completely honest prior to Cole getting sick I understood the history behind it all but I didn't understand the intimacy of today. The intimate relationship the happens because of what took place thousands of years ago. After I posted that message about the woman who came to Christ because of Cole and another child I realized that she wasn't the only one. For me personally, that is when I truly woke up to the world around me. Unfortunately that is what it took, my son on his death bed, struggling in pain for me to understand the reality of today!! As much as I try to type this example, it will never justify the feelings of knowing what extremes I would have gone for Cole. Truth is I would have given anything to see him be healed and not have to deal with that pain. However, the ultimate truth is God watched His Son get beaten.... and the most amazing thing is he could have choosen any means to make this happen but instead he choose his SON!!!! As much as I care for the rest of you, im sorry I could not have given up Cole. Finally it took me to finally get that picture of God's Love for me through my son. So may today not just be a day off of scool or possibly work, but may it be a day of rejoicing and celebration because we have a Father that Loves us SOOOOO MUCH that he ALLOWED the events of today to take place for you and I. THAT'S HOW MUCH YOU ARE LOVED. For the first Good Friday of my life am I able to truly feel loved! Don't let it take your child for you to feel loved!!

Revelation 3:20

"Behold I stand at the door and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me."

Picture God standing outside your door knocking.... with no knob on the outside...... There you are on the inside with your hand on the door knob and your eye looking through the little window (like at a hotel) and you see a little glimpse of him. He is standing there with his arms wide open," saying come unto me". It doesn't matter if you never knew him or maybe you have been going to church all of your life but he doesn't seem real to you. Today it is recorded all we have to do is open that door! All we have to do is come to him. It says if any man hear my voice I will come to him. Guess what if you just read this you heard is voice!!!! SEEK AND YE SHALL FIND!!!!!
Old 04-10-2009, 01:17 PM   #978
Rubber Obsessor

"Seek, Serve and follow Christ"

This is our Girls brigade motto, I try to live by this motto, however the verse by Coles father certainly does help to show us the need to open our hearts to God and allow his love to surround us, May God's love surround you this Easter time.

Thank you so much for sharing with us Caterina
Old 04-11-2009, 10:32 AM   #979
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Learn To Fly, Like A Butterfly

The air is full of butterflies.
Flying so effortlessly in the sky.
No weight they carry, to hold them down.
Never a worry or a frown.

And yet not long ago, they were...
A crawling little... caterpillar.
I wonder if they knew they'd be...
A beautifully butterfly, flying so free.

They do not question how long they'll live...
But are happy with each day God gives.
They trust that he will always provide,
whatever they need...to survive.

So learn to trust...and fly away,
from cares and worries of today.
See how beautiful life can be...
Rely on Jesus, to supply your needs.

By: Valerie Bauer Rousseau

Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned,
in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content...But
my God shall supply all your needs according to his
riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
Phil. 4:11 & 19
Old 04-11-2009, 02:39 PM   #980
Glitter Queen

ISN'T IT AMAZING HOW ONE CAN GO THROUGH LIFE NOT UNDERSTANDING WHAT IT IS TRULY ABOUT UNTIL THEY HAVE BEEN TOUCHED BY IT... GOOD OR BAD? MY HEART GOES OUT TO EVERYONE WHO HAS BEEN TOUCHED BY LIFE. TODAY MY FAMILY AND I LAID MY FATHER TO HIS FINAL RESTING PLACE. THE DEACON WHO BLESSED US WITH HIS WORDS SAID IT VERY SIMPLY... WE ARE MEANT TO SERVE THE LORD AND LOVE ONE ANOTHER. IN THIS WE WILL HAVE DONE ALL THAT IS ASKED OF US. MY FATHER WAS A VERY HUMBLE MAN, AND THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT HE HAS DONE. I AM SO VERY BLESSED TO HAVE HAD HIM FOR MY FATHER. HE DID NOT LEAVE MUCH BEHIND, BUT THE LOVE HE HAS BESTOWED IN OUR HEARTS IS THE MOST MEANINGFUL. HE WILL ALWAYS BE WITH US AND WILL LIVE ON IN US. HIS PASSING THIS CLOSE TO EASTER REALLY BRINGS NEW MEANING TO THIS JOYUS OCCASSION AS I KNOW HE IS NOW WITH LOVED ONES PAST INCLUDING MY MOTHER. I TAKE COMFORT IN KNOWING HE IS NO LONGER SUFFERING AND FINALLY HOME. I WISH EVERYONE A MOST JOYFUL EASTER.
caterinafmig likes this post.
Old 04-11-2009, 02:43 PM   #981
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRESOP2662 View Post
ISN'T IT AMAZING HOW ONE CAN GO THROUGH LIFE NOT UNDERSTANDING WHAT IT IS TRULY ABOUT UNTIL THEY HAVE BEEN TOUCHED BY IT... GOOD OR BAD? MY HEART GOES OUT TO EVERYONE WHO HAS BEEN TOUCHED BY LIFE. TODAY MY FAMILY AND I LAID MY FATHER TO HIS FINAL RESTING PLACE. THE DEACON WHO BLESSED US WITH HIS WORDS SAID IT VERY SIMPLY... WE ARE MEANT TO SERVE THE LORD AND LOVE ONE ANOTHER. IN THIS WE WILL HAVE DONE ALL THAT IS ASKED OF US. MY FATHER WAS A VERY HUMBLE MAN, AND THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT HE HAS DONE. I AM SO VERY BLESSED TO HAVE HAD HIM FOR MY FATHER. HE DID NOT LEAVE MUCH BEHIND, BUT THE LOVE HE HAS BESTOWED IN OUR HEARTS IS THE MOST MEANINGFUL. HE WILL ALWAYS BE WITH US AND WILL LIVE ON IN US. HIS PASSING THIS CLOSE TO EASTER REALLY BRINGS NEW MEANING TO THIS JOYOUS OCCASION AS I KNOW HE IS NOW WITH LOVED ONES PAST INCLUDING MY MOTHER. I TAKE COMFORT IN KNOWING HE IS NO LONGER SUFFERING AND FINALLY HOME. I WISH EVERYONE A MOST JOYFUL EASTER.
My sincerest heartfelt sympathies to you and your family. May the Lord encourage your heart with His grace, mercy and love.

Psalm 57:1-2
Have mercy on me, O God, have mercy on me, for in you my soul takes refuge.
I will take refuge in the shadow of your wings until the disaster has passed.
I cry out to God Most High, to God, who fulfills his purpose for me.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ *GOD LOVES YOU* ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Old 04-11-2009, 04:29 PM   #982
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
ISN'T IT AMAZING HOW ONE CAN GO THROUGH LIFE NOT UNDERSTANDING WHAT IT IS TRULY ABOUT UNTIL THEY HAVE BEEN TOUCHED BY IT... GOOD OR BAD? MY HEART GOES OUT TO EVERYONE WHO HAS BEEN TOUCHED BY LIFE. TODAY MY FAMILY AND I LAID MY FATHER TO HIS FINAL RESTING PLACE. THE DEACON WHO BLESSED US WITH HIS WORDS SAID IT VERY SIMPLY... WE ARE MEANT TO SERVE THE LORD AND LOVE ONE ANOTHER. IN THIS WE WILL HAVE DONE ALL THAT IS ASKED OF US. MY FATHER WAS A VERY HUMBLE MAN, AND THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT HE HAS DONE. I AM SO VERY BLESSED TO HAVE HAD HIM FOR MY FATHER. HE DID NOT LEAVE MUCH BEHIND, BUT THE LOVE HE HAS BESTOWED IN OUR HEARTS IS THE MOST MEANINGFUL. HE WILL ALWAYS BE WITH US AND WILL LIVE ON IN US. HIS PASSING THIS CLOSE TO EASTER REALLY BRINGS NEW MEANING TO THIS JOYUS OCCASSION AS I KNOW HE IS NOW WITH LOVED ONES PAST INCLUDING MY MOTHER. I TAKE COMFORT IN KNOWING HE IS NO LONGER SUFFERING AND FINALLY HOME. I WISH EVERYONE A MOST JOYFUL EASTER.
May the peace of God be with your family at this time. I am sorry to hear of your dad's passing. But as you said it pain and suffering are gone and he is with your mom.

Joan
Old 04-12-2009, 12:35 PM   #983
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your beloved father. May the Lord comfort you and your family.

Rita
Old 04-12-2009, 02:24 PM   #984
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

WISHING
EVERYONE
A
VERY
BLESSED
EASTER!!
Old 04-12-2009, 02:42 PM   #985
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy Easter to everyone!

Joan
Old 04-12-2009, 03:53 PM   #986
Die Cut Diva

I am so jubilant over today's news that Capt. Richard Phillips, who had been held hostage off the coast of Somalia, is free and unharmed! Praise the Lord for answering our prayers for Captain Phillips’ safety!

Capt. Phillips was willing to give his life for his ship's 19 crewmembers. What a beautiful Easter picture of our Savior, Jesus Christ, who offered up His life for us.

A blessed Easter to all of you!

Rita
Old 04-12-2009, 03:55 PM   #987
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Rita, your post is wonderful... thanks so much for the blessing!
Old 04-12-2009, 04:17 PM   #988
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by caterinafmig View Post
Rita, your post is wonderful... thanks so much for the blessing!
The news about Captain Phillips' safety is just so wonderful ... I had been so heavy-hearted for him and his family!

Rita
Old 04-12-2009, 04:20 PM   #989
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stamping Servant View Post
The news about Captain Phillips' safety is just so wonderful ... I had been so heavy-hearted for him and his family!

Rita
God is sooooo good!!
Old 04-12-2009, 06:46 PM   #990
Stampin' Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by caterinafmig View Post
God is sooooo good!!
When I heard the news on the radio driving home from my dd's this evening, I was so grateful and thought, what a wonderful testimony to God's grace that the captain should be rescued on Easter Sunday. How can anyone doubt the significance of this occuring on the day that we celebrate the wonderful resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ.
KRESOP2662 I am sorry to hear of your father's passing so close to Easter. To know that he is home with his Lord is an amazing comfort. I am sure you will miss him dearly and will keep your memories close to your heart. May God bring comfort to you and your family.
Old 04-12-2009, 07:30 PM   #991
Stazon Splitcoast

God is good. I am sure happy that the captain is free.

Joan
Old 04-13-2009, 10:57 AM   #992
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
My deepest sympathy goes out to you and your family, you are right he will always be with you and may this bring you comfort, my thoughts and prayers are with you.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:03 AM   #993
Rubber Obsessor

Hello ladies, I have been away with my family for the weekend..we have enjoyed a wonderful weekend at the coast, It was wonderful to just relax and enjoy time with my husband and children, It has certainly set me up for starting once again with my radiotherapy in the morning.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:09 AM   #994
Rubber Obsessor

Just deleting as I seem to have managed to post twice
Old 04-13-2009, 03:28 PM   #995
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Though we can't always see it at the time,
if we look upon events with some perspective,
we see things always happen for our best interests.
We are always being guided in a way
better than we know ourselves.
Old 04-13-2009, 03:38 PM   #996
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Hello ladies, I have been away with my family for the weekend..we have enjoyed a wonderful weekend at the coast, It was wonderful to just relax and enjoy time with my husband and children, It has certainly set me up for starting once again with my radiotherapy in the morning.
Your weekend sounds so nice, Anne!! So glad you were able to enjoy time away with your family.

Keeping you in my prayers for your radiotherapy this week.

Rita
Old 04-13-2009, 11:34 PM   #997
Rubber Obsessor

Just wanted to say good morning to everyone, hope you all have a good day. Caterina what a beautiful verse.
Old 04-14-2009, 06:33 AM   #998
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Hard Won Wisdom

Theodore Levitt, of the Harvard Business School, said, "Experience comes from what we have done. Wisdom comes from what we have done badly." Theodore Levitt sounds like a wise person. I wonder what he's done badly.

Based on his reasoning, I must be bursting with wisdom. Over the years, I've racked up an impressive number of things that haven't gone too well.

But put another way, wisdom is what the school of life gives us with every poor report card. Wisdom is hard won, and it is often birthed in the ashes of failure.

One man tells of meeting one of the truly "wise" ones among us on a flight to Florida. He was preparing his notes for a parent-education seminar he was to conduct there. Bessie, an older woman sitting next to him, explained that she was returning home after having spent two weeks visiting her six children, 18 grandchildren and ten great-grandchildren.

Then she asked him what he did for a living. The man explained that he was a psychologist specializing in children. He dreaded telling her this, as he fully expected her to probe him for free professional advice during the three-hour flight. But not this wise woman. Instead, she sat back, picked up a magazine and said, "So doctor, if there's anything you want to know, just ask me."

Bessie's years of parenting and grand-parenting gave her what no professional degrees could Ė it gave her hard won wisdom. Much of what she knew about children could only be learned through experience, including experiences of failure.

I really don't worry about the things I've done badly. If I paid attention to what went wrong and why, then even my most spectacular failures gave something priceless back Ė they taught valuable lessons. Sometimes wisdom can't be gotten any other way.

~ Steve Goodier ~
Old 04-14-2009, 06:36 AM   #999
Stampin' Fool

Good morning to all my friends, here. Wishing you blessings today and always!
Hugs,
Barb
Old 04-14-2009, 06:51 AM   #1000
Rubber Obsessor

Caterina how true the story is, if we all focus on the mistakes we make, instead of the lesson we learned, we would be in a sorry state..thank you for sharing