Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree475Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-28-2009, 05:43 PM   #801
Stazon Splitcoast

Anne- I would love to send you a card. Please PM me with your address. I am asking God to hold you in His loving arms.
Barb- I am praying that you feel better soon.
Cat- enjoy
Hi Rita- hope everyone is doing well at your place

"I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day." - E. B. White

Joan
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 03-01-2009, 02:14 AM   #802
Rubber Obsessor

[Hi ladies

Caterina enjoy you break, we will miss your fabulous verses
Rita I hope everyone with you is well
Joan thank you for your good wishes
Barb I hope you are feeling better

Still not feeling to good here, I am hoping an injection the gave me will help with the side effects this month, will try and pop in later..take care ladies

Be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart, all you who hope in the Lord. Psalm 31:24

Last edited by Pansy Anne; 03-01-2009 at 02:20 AM..
Old 03-01-2009, 03:21 AM   #803
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by caterinafmig View Post
Just a quick post to let you all know, my husband and I will be leaving for Dallas, Texas on Monday for a week. We also will be going to Shreveport, Louisiana to visit an elderly aunt for a couple of days.

Will have some access to a computer but please feel free to post anything uplifting and encouraging anytime!!

Caterina ... We will miss you and your inspiring messages, but are glad you are getting away for a little trip. Please get plenty of rest and stay well.

Blessings!

Rita
~ ~ ~
Old 03-01-2009, 03:25 AM   #804
Die Cut Diva

Hi Joan! Thank you for asking about us. We are well, Praise the Lord!

Anne .... You are in my thoughts so often and I whisper a prayer for you throughout the day.

Have a blessed Lord's day,

Rita
~ ~ ~
Old 03-01-2009, 10:23 AM   #805
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Well the weatherman is calling for 6-9" of S-N-O-W, sure hope the planes will not be delayed tomorrow morning when we leave... oh, well such is life.

A short little Sunday sermon for today

In Case You are Wishing That You
Had the Actual Faith of a Mustard Seed..
Wish No More! Know that You Have It.
God plants that little seed in everybody's heart
All you gotta do is
WATER IT!!!

"The kingdom of heaven is like a mustard seed, which a man took and planted in his field. Though it is the smallest of all your seeds, yet when it grows, it is the largest of garden plants and becomes a tree, so that the birds of the air come and perch in its branches."
Matthew 13:31

"Because you have so little faith. I tell you the truth, if you have faith like a mustard seed, you can move mountains."
Matthew 17:20
Old 03-01-2009, 10:49 AM   #806
Die Cut Diva

Caterina ... Loved the devotional and scripture about the mustard seed. What a picture that paints of our little bit of faith growing into a such a large plant that others can find shelter there!

I was wondering about the snow forecast for your area .... I hope it won't affect your travel plans tomorrow.

Rita
~ ~ ~
Old 03-02-2009, 01:31 PM   #807
Rubber Obsessor

Caterina I hope you managed to get off on your trip, snow is also forecast here for tomorrow...so we will wait and see

The Lord says, “I will heal my people and will
Let them enjoy abundant peace and security.”

Jeremiah 33:6
Old 03-02-2009, 07:45 PM   #808
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

A quick post to let you know that we made it safely to Dallas - our plane was delayed a bit because of the snow but our flight went well. It is much nicer here weather-wise --no S-N-O-W.
Old 03-03-2009, 03:48 AM   #809
Rubber Obsessor

Caterina thank you so much for your beautiful card and prayer, it arrived this morning and really brightened my day
Old 03-03-2009, 03:55 AM   #810
Stampin' Fool

Location: Rockville, Maryland, near my family.... enjoying my grandkids!
Send a message via Yahoo to bsgstamps4fun

Caterina, so glad your flight wasn't cancelled and that you made it safely to Dallas. Have a wonderful trip and we are supposed to have much better weather here for your return!
Old 03-03-2009, 03:08 PM   #811
Die Cut Diva

Hello!

Just a quick note as we are running on a generator. Sunday's ice and snow storm knocked our power out and we've been without power for over 48 hours. Thank goodness we can run our generator from time to time to keep the frig and freezer cold. Also cook our meals while the generator is running. We fired up our wood stove so that is keeping us toasty. Praising the Lord for all His abundant provision so that my dh and I aren't really suffering .... except for missing our computer time. I was so desperate for something to do today that I actually straighted up my stamping stuff ... it sure needed it. I always want to use my stamping time to make cards and am forever putting off keeping my space tidy!! ha!

The power company tells us that they will have our power restored by tomorrow at the latest.

Glad to hear that you made it to your destination safely, Caterina!

Barb and Anne it was wonderful to be able to quickly check in and see your messges, too. Sure have been missing all of you!

Hugs .......... Rita

````````````````````````````````````
Old 03-03-2009, 05:01 PM   #812
Stazon Splitcoast

Rita- I am glad that you are managing under such adverse conditions. Too bad you don't live closer. You could come and arrange my stamping mess.
Cat- You arrived safely. Yahoo!
Barb- good to see you

"I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day." - E. B. White

Joan
Old 03-04-2009, 12:29 AM   #813
Rubber Obsessor

Rita I hope the power company get you sorted out soon..keep warm and good for you clearing your stamping area...it would take an expedition to get to mine...take care xx
Old 03-04-2009, 03:18 AM   #814
Stampin' Fool

Rita, hope your power returns soon. Our wood stove saved us many times when power went out where we used to live. Be safe and warm in these extremely cold temps.
Have a blessed day everyone!
Old 03-04-2009, 11:14 AM   #815
Die Cut Diva

Hello Joan, Anne and Barb (and Caterina, too, if you are checking the thread)!

Praise the Lord ... our power has been restored!!! It encourages me to hear that some of you also have a disorganized stamping space. I know my dh (who is always very neat) wonders how on earth I can produce all those cards when my work area looks like an explosion has taken place. ha!

Well ... I think I'll go see if I can make some cards. Praying that all of you are doing well today.

Hugs!

Rita
~~~~~
Old 03-04-2009, 11:28 AM   #816
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

GREETINGS DEAR FRIENDS FROM SUNNY DALLAS, TEXAS... thought to pop in and share this with you.

To laugh is to risk appearing the fool. To weep is to risk being called sentimental. To reach out to another is to risk involvement. To expose feelings is to risk showing your true self. To place your ideas and your dreams before them is to risk being called naive. To love is to risk not being loved in return. To live is to risk dying. To hope is to risk despair, and to try is to risk failure.

But risks must be taken, because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing. The person who risks nothing, does nothing, has nothing, is nothing and becomes nothing. He [or she] may avoid suffering and sorrow, but he simply cannot learn and feel and change and grow and love and live. Chained by his certitudes, he is a slave, he's forfeited his freedom.

Only the person who risks is truly free."

Dr. Leo Buscaglia
American Author and Motivational Speaker
Old 03-04-2009, 04:37 PM   #817
Die Cut Diva

Hello friends,

Here's a devotional from Proverbs 31 Ministries that I can really relate to. Philippians 4:6 & 7 are my life verses.

Hope this devotional blesses you, too.

Rita
~ ~ ~

Peace-full by Renee Swope

"You will keep in perfect peace, [her] whose mind is steadfast, because [she] trusts in you." Isaiah 26:3 (NIV)

One of my favorite things to see is a rocking chair on a front porch. Looking at it makes me feel peace-full. I don't have a rocking chair, or a front porch, but I sure would like to!

Worry is the opposite of peace-full. It leaves me peace-less!

There are times when I don't even realize I'm worried. My mind is wired to think a lot so I get used to the constant flurry of motion in my brain. Worry will start to slowly creep in, and then before I know it, there's a stirring in my heart, my neck is tense, my mind won't shift gears and little concerns have kicked into full-blown worry.

Author Linda Dillow says, "Worry is like a rocking chair, it will give you something to do but it won't get you anywhere!" So much for my image of peace-full! Oh, but she is right. Worry, like a rocking chair, gets me nowhere! And when I stop worrying, I realize I've wasted valuable time and mental energy thinking about something I can't change when I should've been talking to God - since He's the only one who can change things.

In Philippians 4:6-7, Paul tells us how we can find peace to replace our worries. He reminds us the Lord is near and tells us, "Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God's peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus." (NLT)

In the NIV translation, verse 7 reads, "…the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." I love the promise that God's peace could transcend my need to understand! Sometimes that's my biggest problem; I wouldn't be so worried about what God is doing if He'd just explain why so I could understand better.

But God doesn't say He'll give us understanding in this verse, He says He'll give us peace in the midst of not understanding. And that's what I want. I want God's nearness to be my good and trusting His sovereignty to be my goal. According to the Word, all I have to do is:

1. Stop worrying – press the pause button on my consuming concerns.
2. Start praying – open my mouth and tell God what I need.
3. Start thanking God – remind my heart of God's faithfulness by thanking Him for what He's done.

Now that is doable! So why is it so hard to do? Why do we naturally do the opposite? I think it's because we listen to the enemy's whispers: Do not be calm about anything; instead worry about everything. Tell God what He should do and take control if He doesn't listen. Before we know it, our concerns are consuming us and our worries are robbing us of God's promised peace.

But we don't have to live that way. God promises to provide just what we need – to keep us in perfect peace, as we put our trust in Him and not in our worries. So, today when our concerns consume us, let's choose to stop and empty our hearts of our worries, talk to God about what we need and thank Him for His faithfulness and provision. It's amazing how "peace-full" comes when we stop worrying, start praying and begin thanking God for what He has done and will do.

Lord, thank You for the promise of Your peace that comes when I put my trust in You! When worry or concern threaten to consume my thoughts, help me remember to stop, pray and thank You so that my heart will remember how faithful and capable You are of taking care of me. In Jesus Name, Amen.

Related Resources:

Visit Renee’s Blog for more ways to experience God’s peace in the midst of your worries. http://proverbs31devotions.blogspot.com/

Beyond the Shadow of Doubt message on DVD by Renee Swope

An Untroubled Heart: Finding Faith that is Stronger than My Fears by Micca Campbell

Application Steps:

Make a list of your concerns and tell God about them. Next, make a list of anything you can think of that God has done to provide for your needs or other's needs. Thank God for them.

Ask God to give you a peace that transcends your need to understand as you commit to trust Him instead of your worries.

Reflections:

How much time do I spend worrying? How much time do I spend talking (praying) to God or reading my Bible so He can talk to me and calm my concerns?

Does my desire to understand and figure things out cause me to worry?

Power Verses:

Matthew 6:27, "Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?" (NIV)

John 14:1, "Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me." (NIV)

© 2009 by Renee Swope.

Old 03-04-2009, 04:40 PM   #818
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi Rita- Thanks for the post.
Cat- I see that you are using the laptop. Great post

Joan
Old 03-04-2009, 04:41 PM   #819
Stampin' Fool

Thank you for the message, Rita. I will look up Renee's blog. I do feel peace-full after reading this.
Hugs!
Old 03-05-2009, 01:42 AM   #820
Rubber Obsessor

Caterina and Rita thank you both for your thought provoking posts....I to will check out Renee's blog thank you so much for bring it to our attention
Old 03-05-2009, 04:41 AM   #821
Die Cut Diva

Anne ... I enjoy visiting your blog. What a pretty daughter you have. I know Kate must be so special and a very great blessing. How lovely your Mom was. I'm so sorry that you lost her last year.

Barb and Joan ... Glad you enjoyed Renee's devotional.

Caterina ... How are you today?

Rita
~ ~ ~
Old 03-06-2009, 01:34 AM   #822
Rubber Obsessor

Rita thank you for your beautiful card, it arrived today and I adore it...It is sitting on my mantlepiece brightening the room
Old 03-06-2009, 04:31 AM   #823
Die Cut Diva

Hello Anne ... So glad the card arrived so quickly! I pray that you are feeling well today.

Hugs,

Rita
~ ~ ~
Old 03-06-2009, 05:46 AM   #824
Rubber Obsessor

Unfortunately I seem to have developed a kidney infection so not feeling to good at the moment, have been given antibiotics from the doctor so hopefully they will help.
Old 03-06-2009, 11:58 AM   #825
Stazon Splitcoast

oh Anne- praying that you feel better soon! Hugs and more hugs across the miles.

Joan
Old 03-07-2009, 03:17 AM   #826
Die Cut Diva

Good morning friends!

Anne .... are you feeling any better? Praying that the antibiotics are taking effect already.

Rita
~ ~ ~
Old 03-07-2009, 11:19 AM   #827
Rubber Obsessor

Hi ladies thanks for you kind thoughts and prayers, but I am not getting any better, so I am currently waiting on the emergency doc phoning me, hopefully it will only mean a visit to him and not the hospital....chat soon and thanks again for the good wishes
Old 03-07-2009, 11:43 AM   #828
Die Cut Diva

Anne ... I am praying for you right now and have sent you a pm.

Rita
~ ~ ~
Old 03-07-2009, 11:53 AM   #829
Stampin' Fool

So sorry to hear you aren't getting any relief Anne, praying that the meds will kick in soon and make you feel better.
Old 03-07-2009, 12:46 PM   #830
Stazon Splitcoast

Anne- still praying for you!

Joan
Old 03-08-2009, 04:24 AM   #831
Die Cut Diva

Default Destination Mama's Lap

Good morning, friends. I thought I'd share this devotional.

Destination Mama's Lap
by Shari Weigerstorfer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sabrina and I were sleeping together in Mama's bed this morning (as we nearly always do when Daddy's on a trip). We both have colds and have slept in late. I could have gone on sleeping as I was awake often during the night making sure she was covered up.

To be honest, I've only slept completely through the night once since Sabrina was born. Getting up to check on her and cover her is a standard, routine procedure. I wish it was for Daddies too, but they seem to have missed that gene and sleep unbothered, blissfully unconcerned about little arms, legs and feet that might be cold.

As Sabrina nudges and nags me awake with comments of "What are we doing today?" "Mama, I'm hungry." and "Get up, it's daytime." I reluctantly pull myself into a sitting position on the side of the bed. Sabrina, seeing me in motion, automatically aligns herself into position too - right up into my lap.

I sit holding her for a moment thinking of various destinations I'm heading to: the coffee pot, the trash needs to be taken out as it's trash day, I want to start the laundry, etc. Meanwhile, Sabrina settles in for a nice, long snuggle.

I realize she has reached her "destination": Mama's lap.

I cuddle my daughter, rocking her back and forth making all the same ridiculous snuggle noises I've made to her since the first few moments I looked into her eyes when I gave birth to her - her lifelong history of stupid Mama sounds which bring familiar comfort both to her and to me.

I make myself sit, and give her this time. Obviously, the highest priority for her morning. Without these moments, the day just wouldn't be "right" for her.

I continue to sit when she commands "stay still like a statue!" (A phrase recently learned from a childrens' game.) She goes to retrieve her stuffed dog and favorite pillow, bringing them with her to "feather her nest" a bit more.

I patiently sit and rock her, suddenly remembering my childhood. Picturing coming home from school with the phrase "Mom?" coming out of my mouth before the door had even slammed. If Mom wasn't there, what was the point of being home? Mom was "home." So I spend a few more minutes than I normally would snuggling, rocking, murmuring before I ring the release bell with "Want to watch cartoons?"

And then she's off - off to conquer the world. And I've done the most important thing I could have done all day.

Dear Father,

Thank you for being "home" to me and never too busy for a nice, long snuggle. Without it, some days my world just wouldn't seem "right."

www.faithwriters.com

`````````````````````````````````````````````````` ``````
Old 03-08-2009, 05:29 AM   #832
Stampin' Fool

Thank you Rita. My youngest grands spent the night so we have had lots of hugs and "I love yous" this morning. Your message seemed to fit right in.
Old 03-08-2009, 08:32 AM   #833
Die Cut Diva

Oh, Barb ... I can just picture you and your grandchildren hugging and exchanging love-yous this morning! I just got off the phone with my 3-year-old granddaughter and it was so sweet talking with her. Even though we couldn't hug, we could exchange "I love yous".

Rita
~ ~ ~
Old 03-08-2009, 11:14 AM   #834
Rubber Obsessor

Good evening ladies, I am just home from hospital, I was admitted yesterday and put on IV antibiotic for 12 hours solid..unfortunately I had yet again developed neutropenic sepsis, I also had a blocked bowel and what I believed to be a kidney infection turned out to be a lung infection. However my blood count came up and my temperature settled so they decided to let me come home again, I was surprised to say the least as the last time I was in for 5 days, so I honestly believed that someone must have been looking out for me and I switch on my computer to see a lovely prayer that Rita had prayed for me...so thank you so much Rita for the beautiful prayer and also to the other ladies who are keeping me in their prayer because I know God heard you today, I am not 100% but so much better than I have been in a while.

Thank you again for the positive power of prayer and for your concern for me. Rita how is your SIL Pat getting on with her treatment, you must think me totally selfish not asking, could you pm me her address and yours as I would love to send both of you a card.

On God the solid rock I stand
all other ground is shifting sand

Last edited by Pansy Anne; 03-10-2009 at 11:02 AM..
Old 03-08-2009, 01:06 PM   #835
Die Cut Diva

Dear Anne ... I'm rejoicing with you at how the Lord has answered the prayers of your SCS friends!! What a faithful Friend we have in Jesus!

My goodness, Anne, I know you've had a rough few days! Thank you for taking the time to let us know how you are doing. And thank you for asking about my SIL, Pat. Pat has some surgery ahead of her and some more treatments. She works in the office of her church and also has a leadership role in a large community Bible study there in RI; I believe she has been able to continue on pretty much as usual with these activities. What a miracle! Here is what she wrote in an email last week to a large group of family and friends who have been interceding for her:

"Thank you again for all your prayers. They have buoyed me up and carried me through what could have been a horrible experience. But I’m nearly done with chemo (only 3 more to go!!) and it really hasn’t been that bad – and that is due to your prayers. I can’t thank you enough!"

Anne, I'll PM you our addresses. How nice of you to want to send both of us a card.

By the way, I love the scripture verses you share when you post!! They really are a blessing.

Lots of hugs and continued prayers,

Rita
~ ~ ~
Old 03-08-2009, 01:45 PM   #836
Stazon Splitcoast

Anne- Thought of you at church today. The readings were about God's never ending love. Glad that you are getting better.
Rita- Thanks for all the devotionals!
Barb- I miss when my boys were young. Now I rarely see them or hear from them. I guess I did something wrong in raising them.
Good afternoon~

Joan
Old 03-09-2009, 10:05 AM   #837
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Hello dear friends, leaving Dallas today to go back home to Maryland. Will miss the nice sunny warm weather...

Thought to share the following today.

God examines both rich and poor, not according to their lands and houses, but according to the riches of their hearts.

-- St. Augustine of Hippo
Old 03-09-2009, 12:55 PM   #838
Stampin' Fool

No it won't be as warm as Dallas, but also not the awful weather you left in a week ago. We had a warm wonderful weekend and today has gotten very windy, but sunny and not cold....Welcome home, Caterina!
Hugs!
Old 03-09-2009, 05:29 PM   #839
Die Cut Diva

Just checking in to say "Hello". We have missed you, Caterina!

Rita
Old 03-10-2009, 07:22 AM   #840
Rubber Obsessor

Hi ladies feeling much better today I am pleased to say.

Welcome back Caterina

“God understands our prayers even when we can’t
find the words to say them”.

Last edited by Pansy Anne; 03-10-2009 at 07:28 AM..