Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree494Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-14-2008, 06:21 PM   #561
Gabfest Goddess

Hi Ladies, just an update - got back from the hospital it is about 2 hours away from me well mostly because I picked up my parents at a mid way spot to get them to the hospital too. Brayden made it through the surgery he has a rough couple of days ahead but praying for no infection - they said that is the concern now. He is so tiny, but thankful to God for all of the support for his mom and grandparents everyone was exhausted and praying his mom gets a good night sleep - she had a c-section 2 weeks ago today and her hormones are off and she was up all last night she looked zonked and they don't allow her to stay in the room with him tonight. Please pray for continued healing.

THANK YOU
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-15-2008, 02:12 AM   #562
Die Cut Diva

Thank you for keeping us updated on little Brayden. Offering praises to our Lord for His watchful care over this little one and praying that Brayden will have a smooth recovery from the surgery.

Rita
Old 11-15-2008, 09:23 AM   #563
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Be thou a bright flame before me, Be thou a guiding star above
me, Be thou a smooth path below me, Be thou a kindly shepherd
behind me, Today - tonight - and for ever. -- Columba of Iona

“Every morning we wake up, we have 24 brand new hours to live. What a precious gift!”
Old 11-15-2008, 10:47 AM   #564
Gabfest Goddess

I just received an update, Brayden has had 4 siezures and some bleeding in the brain. He has had gotten 50 cc's of blood and he is being closely monitored. Please continue to pray this is so difficult, I feel for his parents and extended family. It is so hard to watch. At least the parents got a good nights sleep last night - it appears they are going to need the rest for today. I thank you all for your support.

Michele
Old 11-15-2008, 12:15 PM   #565
Polyshrink Goddess

I found this very sweet poem and thought I'd share the site. Please take time to look around as they play some beautiful music along with the poems/stories. Hope you enjoy.

http://wandascountryhome.com/faithhopelove/

Also, Michele, I sent you a pm and am continuing to pray for Brayden.
caterinafmig likes this post.
Old 11-15-2008, 12:17 PM   #566
Polyshrink Goddess

Here's another one from Wanda's Country Home. I just love this one.

http://wandascountryhome.com/forsale/
Old 11-15-2008, 02:54 PM   #567
Die Cut Diva

Countryhearts ..... I enjoyed the links to Wanda's Country Home. Looks like a great site to explore. Thanks for posting the links.

Michele ....... I will lift up Brayden and all of your family right now.

Rita
Old 11-15-2008, 03:25 PM   #568
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stamping Servant View Post
Countryhearts ..... I enjoyed the links to Wanda's Country Home. Looks like a great site to explore. Thanks for posting the links.

Michele ....... I will lift up Brayden and all of your family right now.

Rita
Rita,

So glad you enjoyed it!
Old 11-15-2008, 04:30 PM   #569
Mad Swapper

Hello -

Here is a little poem my yoga instructor read to us the other night in class. It's so simple and yet so profound. I hope you can find meaning in it. It is by Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Finish Every Day

Finish every day and be done with it.
You have done what you could.
Some blunders and absurdities
no doubt have crept in;
forget them as soon as you can.
Tomorrow is a new day;
begin it well and serenely
and with too high a spirit
to be cumbered with
your old nonsense.

This day is all that is
good and fair.
It is too dear,
with its hopes and invitations,
to waste a moment on yesterdays.
Old 11-15-2008, 04:50 PM   #570
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Linda, thanks so much for sharing your lovely post.
Old 11-16-2008, 04:21 AM   #571
Stampin' Fool

Location: Rockville, Maryland, near my family.... enjoying my grandkids!
Send a message via Yahoo to bsgstamps4fun

Countryhearts and Linda, Thanks to both of you for sharing these with us. I went to the web site and it is just lovely, a wonderful way to start each day. Thank you so much for the link!

Last edited by bsgstamps4fun; 11-16-2008 at 04:40 AM..
Old 11-16-2008, 05:25 AM   #572
Gabfest Goddess

Well another update, Brayden had some good news the bleeding was not inside his brain, it was outside which would minizime and hopefully then not cause long term issues. He is in a different NICU and has a feeding tube of his mother's breast milk. He got some color back into his whole little body and that was good news. I am thankful to God for everything he has done in this situation and there are so many milestones to come, but I know he is in God's hands. I thank Jesus for the peace he has given and what he has done for this family.
Old 11-16-2008, 08:22 AM   #573
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood17 View Post
Well another update, Brayden had some good news the bleeding was not inside his brain, it was outside which would minizime and hopefully then not cause long term issues. He is in a different NICU and has a feeding tube of his mother's breast milk. He got some color back into his whole little body and that was good news. I am thankful to God for everything he has done in this situation and there are so many milestones to come, but I know he is in God's hands. I thank Jesus for the peace he has given and what he has done for this family.
Michele, God is so very good and must have some great plans for Brayden's life as well as all who are touched by this sweet baby. Btw. one of my nephew's is named Brayden as well - he is 10.
Old 11-16-2008, 08:23 AM   #574
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

What’s Cooking

I always loved Sunday dinners at my Aunt and Uncle’s house as a boy. They were so good that they were even worth the eight hour trip over mountainous roads it took to get there. I could smell that food cooking all day long and by dinnertime it was all I could do not to chew on the silverware as I helped set the table. Soon our plates were filled with mashed potatoes and gravy, roast turkey, hot rolls with butter, sweet corn, dumplings, and a big slice of cake with ice cream on the side. It still makes my mouth water even thinking about it. My Uncle would even joke that we had to visit more often because that was the only time my Aunt ever fed him this good.

We knew, however, that my Uncle was just cooking up some humor of his own. The thing that made those Summer trips south to their house so wonderful wasn’t just what they cooked in the kitchen but what they cooked in their hearts and home as well. Their lives together were a feast of friendship, laughter, love, and joy. They always had a dessert tray full of goodness, kindness, and faith as well. And anytime life would throw something nasty in their soup pot they would just ladle it out with a little love and a lot of forgiveness. Every time we would visit them we would go back home with not just full bellies but full souls too.

What’s cooking in your life? Are you fixing up a delightful meal for all those around you or are you brewing up a bitter broth in your heart, soul, and mind? Either way remember that it’s your choice. What you cook is up to you. It is never too late, however, to toss out the meal if you hate it and start a fresh pot stewing. God gave you all the ingredients you need to create a feast that even Heaven’s angels would love to dine on. Make your meal a great one then. Stir in a lot of love, pour on a generous helping of laughter, and mix in all the joy you can. And most of all don’t forget to let God read you the recipe.

~ Joseph J. Mazzella ~
Old 11-16-2008, 07:10 PM   #575
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy to read that Brayden is healing. I hope the parents are getting some rest. It is very hard to have a newborn sick. God is with you!
J
Old 11-17-2008, 03:44 AM   #576
Gabfest Goddess

Thank you Joan, he is doing a little better they found out bleeding was outside his brain (which is better) he had more color back to his skin and he was opening his eyes more and going back to being more alert. So praise God, there has been some progress. It will be a rough road and appreciate the prayers he will definitely need them and he will be in there for the rest of this week. Today is an MRI praying that comes back clean.

Praying everyone has a good day and to everyone under the weather praying you feel better.

Hugs,
Michele
Old 11-17-2008, 03:45 AM   #577
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by caterinafmig View Post
Michele, God is so very good and must have some great plans for Brayden's life as well as all who are touched by this sweet baby. Btw. one of my nephew's is named Brayden as well - he is 10.
Thank you for all of your prayers and kind words!
Old 11-17-2008, 09:06 AM   #578
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

A Poem of Hope
By Author Unknown

Never go gloomy, use your mind,
Hope is a better companion than fear;
Providence, ever benignant and kind,
Gives with a smile what you take with a tear;
All will be right,
Look to the Light.
Morning was ever the daughter of night;
All that was black will be all that is bright.
Many a foe is a friend in disguise,
Many a trouble a blessing most true,
Remember these words of wisdom and wise,
Your life will be easier and you will not be blue.
Never lose your hope, follow your plan
And live life doing all that you can
Old 11-17-2008, 01:37 PM   #579
Gabfest Goddess

Just popping on to say "HELLO" - hello ladies hope everyone is having a good day! Thinking of you all.

Michele
Old 11-18-2008, 05:31 AM   #580
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

A Little Boy's Explanation of God. It was written by an 8-year-old named Danny Dutton, who lives in Chula Vista, CA. He wrote it for his third grade homework assignment, to 'explain God.' I wonder if any of us could have done as well.

EXPLANATION OF GOD:

'One of God's main jobs is making people. He makes them to replace the ones that die, so there will be enough people to take care of things on earth. He
doesn't make grownups, just babies. I think because they are smaller and easier to make. That way He doesn't have to take up His valuable time teaching them to talk and walk. He can just leave that to mothers and fathers.'

'God's second most important job is listening to prayers. An awful lot of this
goes on, since some people, like preachers and things, pray at times beside
bedtime. God doesn't have time to listen to the radio or TV because of this..
Because He hears everything, there must be a terrible lot of noise in His ears,
unless He has thought of a way to turn it off.'

'God sees everything and hears everything and is everywhere which keeps Him pretty busy. So you shouldn't go wasting His time by going over your mom and dad's head asking for something they said you couldn't have.'

'Atheists are people who don't believe in God. I don't think there are any in Chula Vista . At least there aren't any who come to our church.'

'Jesus is God's Son. He used to do all the hard work, like walking on water and
performing miracles and trying to teach the people who didn't want to learn
about God. They finally got tired of Him preaching to them and they crucified
Him. But He was good and kind, like His Father, and He told His Father that they didn't know what they were doing and to forgive them and God said O.K.'

'His Dad (God) appreciated everything that He had done and all His hard work on earth so He told him He didn't have to go out on the road anymore. He could stay in heaven. So He did. And now He helps His Dad out by listening to prayers and seeing things which are important for God to take care of and which ones He can take care of Himself without having to bother God. Like a secretary, only more important.'

'You can pray anytime you want and They are sure to help you because They got it worked out so One of Them is on duty all the time.'

'You should always go to church on Sunday because it makes God happy, and if there's anybody you want to make happy, it's God!

Don't skip church to do something you think will be more fun like going to the
beach. This is wrong. And besides the sun doesn't come out at the beach until noon anyway.'

'If you don't believe in God, besides being an atheist, you will be very
lonely, because your parents can't go everywhere with you, like to camp, but God can. It is good to know He's around you when you're scared, in the dark or when you can't swim and you get thrown into real deep water by big kids.'

'But...you shouldn't just always think of what God can do for you. I figure God
put me here and he can take me back anytime he pleases.

And...That's why I believe in God.'
Old 11-18-2008, 06:29 AM   #581
Gabfest Goddess

Brayden is doing better they took out the feeding tube and let his mom hold him! Praise God, she is feeling better and has gotten some much needed sleep and Brayden is a gift!
Old 11-18-2008, 06:39 AM   #582
Stampin' Fool

Such good news about Brayden, praying that he continues to progress.
Old 11-18-2008, 06:46 AM   #583
Polyshrink Goddess

Rejoicing with the family about the good news!
Old 11-18-2008, 09:50 AM   #584
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Great news, Michele - thank You, Lord.
Old 11-18-2008, 06:18 PM   #585
Pearl-ExPert

Location: I don't know but wherever I am, I'VE GOTTA CUT BACK ON THE CAFFIENE!!!!!

OK, I WROTE THIS back in 2004. Dont laugh at it please!

KEEP FAITH

Sometimes in life
things may go wrong
look in your heart
try to be strong

Take life's lessons
that once have been taught
and you'll find hope
when most distraught

Lean on your friends
and family too
because no matter what
we always love you

Life and death
come everyday
the only thing to do
is pray

For comfort when
you feel most lost
and to stay strong
at any cost

When the time comes
to say good-bye
our shoulders are here
for you to cry

But until then
Keep faith in sight
and know that God
makes everything alright.....

No Matter How Hard your Situation, Try to Always remember that someone out there is always having a harder go of it than you!
Old 11-18-2008, 06:19 PM   #586
Pearl-ExPert

Location: I don't know but wherever I am, I'VE GOTTA CUT BACK ON THE CAFFIENE!!!!!

And this ones author is unknown but I love it. Hope these poems help some of you. Caterina gave me the link to this thread and said that some of you may enjoy them.

COME FAST TO SEE

If one day you feel like crying
Call me
I dont promise you that
I will make you laugh
But I can cry with you

If one day you want
to runaway
Dont be afraid to call me
I dont promise to ask
you to stop
But I can run with you

If one day you don't
want to listen to
anybody
call me and
I promise to be
very quiet

But if one day you call
and there is no anwser
Come fast to see,
Perhaps I need you!

No Matter How Hard your Situation, Try to Always remember that someone out there is always having a harder go of it than you!
Old 11-18-2008, 06:21 PM   #587
Pearl-ExPert

Here is one that I wrote for my Grandmother when my Grandfather died back in 1996.

GRANDPAS LIFE

In his life
he was so loved
by family and his friends

through thick and thin
he toughed it out
until the very end

he came to earth
to spread his joy
to ones who held him near

he told his stories
and made us laugh
so please do't shed a tear

because even though he's gone for now
his memories still live on

in the hearts and souls of everyone
his work down here is done.....

Last edited by Faristofthemall; 11-18-2008 at 06:28 PM..
Old 11-18-2008, 06:25 PM   #588
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Thanks, Sara for your lovely poems.
Old 11-19-2008, 03:51 AM   #589
Stampin' Fool

Thank you, Sara. I have just finished my daily devotions and your poems are a lovely addition.

Blessings to all today and everyday!
Old 11-19-2008, 09:43 AM   #590
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

WHEN YOU THOUGHT I WASN'T LOOKING

A message every adult should read because children
are watching you and doing as you do, not as you say.

When you thought I wasn't looking I saw you hang my
first painting on the refrigerator, and I immediately
wanted to paint another one.

When you thought I wasn't looking I saw you feed a
stray cat, and I learned that it was good to be kind
to animals.

When you thought I wasn't looking I saw you make my
favorite cake for me, and I learned that the little
things can be the special things in life.

When you thought I wasn't looking I heard you say a
prayer, and I knew that there is a God I could always
talk to, and I learned to trust in Him.

When you thought I wasn't looking I saw you make a
meal and take it to a friend who was sick, and I
learned that we all have to help take care o f each
other.

When you thought I wasn't looking, I saw you give of
your time and money to help people who had nothing,
and I learned that those who have something should
give to those who don't.

When you thought I w asn't looking I saw you take care
of our house and everyone in it, and I learned we have
to take care of what we are given.

When you thought I wasn't looking I saw how you
handled your responsibilities, even when you didn't
feel good, and I learned that I would have to be
responsible when I grow up.

When you thought I wasn't looking I saw tears come
from your eyes, and I learned that sometimes things
hurt, but it's all right to cry.

When you thought I wasn't looking I saw that you
cared, and I wanted to be everything that I could be.

When you thought I wasn't looking I learned most of
life's lessons that I need to know to be a good and
productive person when I grow up.

When you thought I wasn't looking I looked at you and
wanted to say,'Thanks for all the things I saw when
you thought I wasn't looking.'

THINK THAT NO ONE EVER SEES. LITTLE EYES SEE A LOT.

Each of us (parent, grandparent, aunt, uncle, teacher, friend) influence the life of a child.

How will you touch the life of someone today?

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Leave the rest to God.

Old 11-19-2008, 02:58 PM   #591
Pearl-ExPert

Here is my quote for the day!

“A true friend knows your weaknesses but shows you your strengths; feels your fears but fortifies your faith; sees your anxieties but frees your spirit; recognizes your disabilities but emphasizes your possibilities.”
William Arthur Ward

Old 11-20-2008, 07:37 AM   #592
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

From One Nut to Another

Oh, how I love to watch the little squirrels at work and at play.
Gathering their numerous nuts off the walnut tree each sunny day.
Filling their little cheeks with nuts until they were jam-packed.
Then running to their dwellings and watching them come back.

“This year those squirrels aren’t getting the best of me.”
“I certainly can outwit a squirrel, so I will climb that tree.”

My husband cherishes that old Walnut tree and never got one nut.
For the squirrels would take every single one of them, O’ tut, tut
So one year Jim decided to pick them before the squirrels had a chance.
Took his bucket and climbed the tree, splitting his brand new pants.

But he didn’t give up until every nut was gone, then the other nut climbed down.

He was so proud of the hard job he had done, as he looked around.
He sat the filled huge buckets outside the garage doors as we left for the store.

When we pulled in the driveway, I burst into laughter that came from my very core.

For in the bucket there were seven little tails flopping side to side.
Gathering all those nuts Jim picked with such emotional pride.
When we got close to the little guys, they looked up with their bulging cheeks.

It was as if they were saying thank you to him for pickin all their winter treats.

~ Bonnie May ~
All Rights Reserved
Old 11-21-2008, 02:30 AM   #593
Mad Swapper

Hi-

I've been reading a book for book club this month called "The Shack" by William P. Young. It is the story of a man who lost his young daughter in a senseless murder. Suddenly four years later, he receives a note from God, inviting him to the very shack where the terrible tragedy took place.

He goes and meets God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit, and during his weekend, he discovers what loving God really means. The book is well written and tries to answer the questions of where is God in this terrible world, and why does God let bad things happen to good people.

Anyway, just thought I'd pass along this info.
Old 11-21-2008, 03:24 AM   #594
Stampin' Fool

Good morning dear friends! May God bless all of you today!
HUGS!
Old 11-21-2008, 04:02 AM   #595
Pearl-ExPert

My quote for today is:

“Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength.”
Author Unknown

Old 11-21-2008, 04:45 AM   #596
Pearl-ExPert

Here is a song for you all I would like to share. The video isnt what the song is about, but it's the only video I could find for the song so please dont pay much attention to the video, just the lyrics!
I love it, I just wanted to share it with yall!
It's by Harry Stewart and it's called "END OF MY JOURNEY"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUYC3ciTTjM

Old 11-21-2008, 11:31 AM   #597
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Linda, loved The Shack and would recommend it highly - great Christian fiction with a beautiful message.

Sara, thanks so much for your contributions to the thread.

It is so very nice to have people donate inspiring messages.

As a blessed grandmother of four, thought to share this one.

I Saw God Today
This celebration has been nine months in the making.

It all began on a long ago night in November when our Katie confirmed that the double lines on a pregnancy test were proof positive that she was expecting.

My first reaction was to jump up and down and shout with joy for this news meant that I would be a grandma. Then the reality hit -- first we had to endure the 9 month waiting game.

As each month went by and our daughter's belly grew, so did our excitement. The fun of shopping for baby clothes and planning the shower took up some of the time. Then, when her due date came and went, I found myself asking hopefully if every ache and pain was a contraction. Big mistake! They say a watched pot never boils. We found out that the same is true when you're waiting for an overdue pregnant woman to "pop."

The soon to be grandpa and I decided to get our minds off of the impending birth and take a trip to the zoo the next day. And then, in the wee hours of that next morning, the phone rang. It was Katie.

She told her dad she couldn't sleep. Then she asked to talk to me. I was careful not to mention the dreaded C word, as in contraction. She casually asked me what I'd be doing for the next 12 hours. I told her I didn't know and then I asked her what she would be doing. I got the answer I had been waiting for when she announced that she had been admitted to the hospital.

This was it!

I quickly showered and jumped into the clothes I had picked out to wear weeks ago - -a soft pink shirt and comfortable pants. Soon we'd be meeting the sweet little baby girl who has become so much a part of our hopes and dreams.

Avery Lauren Wiselogel made her grand entrance into our world on a bright sunny afternoon, 4 days after her due date. She weighed in at a hefty 9 lbs, 1oz.

Emotions ran high in that hospital room that afternoon as weeping for joy became a family affair.

Words cannot begin to describe the feeling of holding the tiny hand of your granddaughter only minutes old. Or seeing the brand new daddy, the man who loves your daughter with all his heart, cradle his infant baby while sharing the precious moment with his beaming wife.

A fitting song kept playing through my mind -- a song that Bill and I have been listening to for months. "I Saw God Today" is a country tune crooned by George Strait. It tells the sentimental tale of a father witnessing the birth of his baby girl. It gets me every time, never failing to bring tears to my eyes.

That day in the hospital as I witnessed my first grandchild being born I can't help but remember the sounds of her very first cries that blended with the happy sobs of the new mommy -- my own baby -- and I knew that I would keep that memory in my heart forever.

Even as I write this, the tears still fall so easily, especially as the last line of George Strait's song continues to touch my soul. "My brand new baby girl, she's a miracle. I saw God today..."

I am now the mother of a mother and I hear that nothing in life is as special or fulfilling.

As Katie cradles her in her arms I see Avery attempt to focus as she looks right into her mommy's eyes. I am so proud and elated to see my daughter in this new role.

I can't help but notice that Avery cuddles up in the crook of her mother's neck the same way Katie use to cuddle in mine. Safe and secure, no worries or fears. What a blessing we can raise our own little ones and then, when they are grown with babies of their own, we have the opportunity to cherish those days as we experience them once again, this time in a grand way.

Thank you God for the awesome gift of grandchildren.

Thank you for this second chance to welcome another generation where new life is born to our family -- re-birthing all of us to the miracle of your love.

~ Kathy Whirity ~

Kathy is a newspaper columnist who shares her sentimental musings on family life. She is also a contributor to the Chicken Soup for the Soul book series. She and her husband, Bill, live in Chicago. You can visit her website at: http://www.kathywhirity.com
Old 11-21-2008, 04:51 PM   #598
Embossing Fanatic

I just finished reading that book too (The Shack). Loved it. It made me cry, laugh and do a lot of thinking how I view God. Definitely worth the read!

Lavonne
Old 11-22-2008, 05:34 AM   #599
Pearl-ExPert

My Quote For Today!

“You won't realize the distance you've walked until you take a look around and realize how far you've been.”
Author Unknown

Old 11-22-2008, 09:35 AM   #600
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

When the Well Goes Dry

So many times my well is dry - I can't count.
This is how I refill it. By the Love of My Father.
Sometimes we feel empty with nothing left inside.
We try numerous things to keep our sanity and pride.
We try buying trinkets’ that bring us joy for awhile.
But it never last for long and neither do the smiles.

Then we try a drink or two, only deadening us for a time.
So we try many other things that used to fit us fine.
But nothing seems to help when our well inside goes dry.
We are filled with emptiness with a heart that only cries.

I don’t know what you do then, but I go down on my knees.
And ask God to refill my well and ask for his reprieves.
He holds me in HIS arms and fills the depth of me.
So I again can give to others to help with their pleas.

Fill that well with the love of God and you will make it through.
You’ll bring many others with you; it’s what we’re told to do.
Get on your knees and pray to him and fill your empty well.
Your untold strength will be renewed, much more than I can tell.

~ Bonnie May ~
All Rights Reserved