Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree475Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-29-2008, 05:56 PM   #481
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweetygirl View Post
thanks ladies again for the encouragement! I had to work today and just got home. Today has been slightly better. The hard part is I don't want to come home to an empty house. I also don't want to go out in the evening by myself. Which is something I do quite often, until last week.
My husband and kids have been very supportive which is also great. My boss at work knows what's going on also. And, he's a Christian which helps.
Songs and Bible verses have been running through my head almost constantly. So thanks for that suggestion too.
It sure helps knowing so many people are praying for me to get through this.

Lavonne
What a blessing to have your family as well as your Christian boss to support you!

Rita
Old 10-29-2008, 06:14 PM   #482
Stampin' Fool

Location: Rockville, Maryland, near my family.... enjoying my grandkids!
Send a message via Yahoo to bsgstamps4fun

Lavonne, it sounds as though you have a good support system and with God's help, you will get over this. It may take time, but you will heal.
Hugs and prayers,
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-30-2008, 02:11 AM   #483
Die Cut Diva

Here's a Devotional by Gwen Smith

I Need Rest!

Today’s Truth

“The apostles gathered around Jesus and reported to him all they had done and taught. Then, because so many people were coming and going that they did not even have a chance to eat, he said to them, “Come with me by yourselves to a quiet place and get some rest.” So they went away by themselves in a boat to a solitary place” (Mark 6:30-32, NIV).

Friend to Friend

I spin plates. Not real plates. Metaphorical plates. I spin lots of plates at the same time and I multi-task, whether it’s with small household chores or with big projects. Doesn’t matter. This is both a blessing and a curse in my life. Sometimes my attention is divided in too many directions, leaving me harried … while at other times, I’m energized by the amount of things I can get done in a small window of time. Regardless, there just never seems to be enough hours in the day to get things done or enough hours in the night to give me complete rest.

Being a plate-spinning mom can be a real challenge. When my kids want me, they don’t like to wait for me to spin three more plates before I answer them. When they were smaller, they figured out a way to stop me mid-task, no matter what I was doing. They would place their chubby little hands on my cheeks, look me in the eye, and demand my full attention. Then they would deliver their message or question to me. I was their captive audience.

In Mark 6:30-32, we learn that Jesus and His apostles had been busy working for their heavenly Father. In fact, they had worked with such vigor that they hadn’t even gotten a decent meal in their belly. (Boy, do I know what that’s like!) In response, Jesus invited them to get away with Him so they could find some rest and rejuvenation in His presence. He said, “Come with me by yourselves to a quiet place and get some rest” (Mark 6:31, NIV). That same invitation is extended to you and me.

God wants you to pause the plate spinning and be His captive audience in this very moment. He wants you to come away with Him to a quiet place: to be still, to gaze into His eyes, to worship Him in Spirit and in truth, to be lost in His glory, and found by His grace - to find rest.

I’d like you to imagine His strong yet gentle hands reaching for your cheeks, lifting your chin, and drawing your eyes to His. He wants you to fix your gaze on His beautiful, blazing, mercy-filled eyes. He wants your full attention. He wants to be your rest.

Let’s Pray

Heavenly Father, please forgive me for all of the times I fail to give You my attention. I shake my head at the very thought that You want to lock gazes with someone like me, yet Scripture clearly tells me that You desire to be sought after and found by me. I’m here. You have my full attention, please speak to my heart and help me to be Your captive audience throughout today and everyday. In Jesus’ Name, Amen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rita
Old 10-30-2008, 03:54 AM   #484
Stampin' Fool

Lovely devotional, thanks Rita. Have a beautiful day! I'm off to get my youngest grandchildren off to school, my dd is sick once again with a virus.
Old 10-30-2008, 02:08 PM   #485
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsgstamps4fun View Post
Lovely devotional, thanks Rita. Have a beautiful day! I'm off to get my youngest grandchildren off to school, my dd is sick once again with a virus.
Barb, I'm so sorry to hear that your daughter has a virus ... it seems the "bugs" have hit hard and early this year. I pray that she will soon feel much better.

Rita
Old 10-30-2008, 04:56 PM   #486
Die Cut Diva

A Devotional by Catherine Marshall .....

Mark 10:17: "And Jesus looking upon them saith, with men it is impossible, but not with God:
for with God all things are possible."

Catherine Marshall's prayer -

"I love this promise, Lord, because it helps me see myself as I am. So often situations bewilder or overwhelm me: I also feel defeated before I begin to think through possible solutions. Then I remember that You have walked this way before me. Alone I am weak, but You have promised me Your strength. Alone I can do nothing creative, but You can work all things out to the best for everyone concerned."

~~~~~~~~~~

Rita
Old 10-30-2008, 06:27 PM   #487
Stampin' Fool

Yes, the bugs are definitely out there. I, too, hope she gets over it soon. She is scheduled to have bladder sling surgery on Nov. 10th and has waited a long time for the military doctors to agree to this since it is the 2nd time for repair work. This time she absolutely cannot lift more than ten pounds. Last time she had a 1 yr. old and a 27 mos. old still both needed lifting. Now both are in school. A civilian surgeon is performing the latest repair method. I know you all will keep her in your prayers and she says thank you.
Old 10-30-2008, 06:29 PM   #488
Stampin' Fool

Kathy and Lavonne, how are you doing? Please let us know because we care.

Hugs!
Old 10-31-2008, 02:28 AM   #489
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Yes, the bugs are definitely out there. I, too, hope she gets over it soon. She is scheduled to have bladder sling surgery on Nov. 10th and has waited a long time for the military doctors to agree to this since it is the 2nd time for repair work. This time she absolutely cannot lift more than ten pounds. Last time she had a 1 yr. old and a 27 mos. old still both needed lifting. Now both are in school. A civilian surgeon is performing the latest repair method. I know you all will keep her in your prayers and she says thank you.
I will certainly keep her in my prayers, Barb. Could you share your daughter's first name so that we can pray for her by name?

Rita
Old 10-31-2008, 03:52 AM   #490
Stampin' Fool

Sure, her name is Susan. Thank you for your prayers for her. No phone call this morning to get the kids off to school so she must be feeling well enough to walk them down the block to the school. This is encouraging. Her oldest (15) had it last week and missed 3 days of school. I am praying no one else gets it.

Hugs!
Old 10-31-2008, 02:43 PM   #491
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Sure, her name is Susan. Thank you for your prayers for her. No phone call this morning to get the kids off to school so she must be feeling well enough to walk them down the block to the school. This is encouraging. Her oldest (15) had it last week and missed 3 days of school. I am praying no one else gets it.

Hugs!
Barb ... that sounds like good news. I'll be praying for Susan!

Rita
Old 10-31-2008, 02:53 PM   #492
Die Cut Diva

An excerpt from Bonnie Ricks’ devotional –

KNOW AND OBEY

In some countries, when someone manages to smuggle a Bible in, do you know what the Christians there do? They tear the Bibles up! But they’re not being destructive. They’re making sure that many, many people have an opportunity to know God’s Word. So they pass out the pages, one to each person, and then they memorize the pages they’re given – front and back. Once they’ve committed that entire page to memory, they pass it on to someone else, and get another page to memorize. The Christians in those countries, who can be imprisoned for possessing a Bible, are “possessing” the Bible in a way that can’t be taken away from them – by memorizing it, ALL of it. If they live long enough, each of these underground Christians will have committed every word of the Bible to memory!!

From beginning to end, the Bible says one thing – “I love you”. It is God’s love letter to you. And it is His Sword of the Spirit, to be used in fighting off the attacks of Satan. And it is His “Owner’s Instruction Manual” for life. Make it a living part of your mind, body and spirit. Know it and live it for Him.

by Bonnie Ricks

www.DogwoodMinistries.org

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rita
Old 10-31-2008, 07:18 PM   #493
Stampin' Fool

Thanks Rita for the lovely devotional and for your prayers for Susan. A severe migraine added to the mix so she is exhausted but getting relief. She has suffered from them since she was a child and her's are often triggered by atomospheric changes, so she had a double whammy!
Old 11-01-2008, 03:16 AM   #494
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Thanks Rita for the lovely devotional and for your prayers for Susan. A severe migraine added to the mix so she is exhausted but getting relief. She has suffered from them since she was a child and her's are often triggered by atomospheric changes, so she had a double whammy!

My goodness, Barb, Susan has had a very rough week! But she is so blessed to have such a loving Mom who can step in to help!

I pray that she is much improved today.

Rita
Old 11-01-2008, 03:25 AM   #495
Stampin' Fool

Thanks for your kind words Rita. I live about 4 miles away from her at this point and so glad I can help out. They are stationed here for 2 more years then the Navy will send them away again. Such is life in the military, so I am used to it.

Morning thoughts and prayers for all of you. Have a wonderful day. Caterina, guess you will be getting back this weekend. Welcome home and hope you had a wonderful week.
Old 11-01-2008, 06:35 AM   #496
Die Cut Diva

We're looking forward to hearing all about your trip, Caterina. Hope to hear from you this weekend.

Rita
Old 11-01-2008, 07:29 AM   #497
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Good morning, dear friends, we are back from a very quiet lazy time in Kitty Hawk, NC. Also, went to the Sarah Palin Rally yesterday in York, PA which was fun.

Thank you all so very much for keeping the thread going for me while away. Very special thanks to you, Rita, for taking the ball and running with it.

A very warm, friendly welcome to Lavonne, Kathy and Joan. Hope I did not miss anyone else.

Will leave you with some smiles.

Baby Talk

What your baby would tell you if he or she could talk:

1. I have my blankie, you have your caffeine. Enough said.

2. Don't be jealous, but I think I'm in love with the ceiling fan.

3. I know where the remote control is, but it'll cost you.

4. To you, it's just an empty egg carton; to me it's PlayStation 2.

5. Actually, I don't mind sitting in a bathtub that I wee-wee in.

6. Bang a screwdriver slowly and steadily into your gums. That's what teething feels like.

7. Two words I'd rather not hear from you: rectal thermometer.

8. There's no point in teaching me to say "mama" or "dada." My first word is going to be "hat."

9. I've told you five times what cow says. If you can't remember, I'm not telling you again.

10. There is no question that I can cry longer than you can listen.

11. I'm not just wildly throwing my food. I'm exploring the laws of gravity, estimating mass, and testing wind velocity.

12. If you wanted a good sleeper, you should have gotten a cat.

13. Who's that baby in the mirror you keep asking me about?

14. If my bottom is so darn cute, why is someone always trying to cover it up?

15. Who are you two to tell me how important it is to sleep alone?

16. What you secretly believe is true: I am much smarter than other babies.
Old 11-01-2008, 08:10 AM   #498
Die Cut Diva

Ok Caterina ... I'm jealous just thinking about that relaxing time in Kitty Hawk and the exhilaration of the Sarah Palin rally!! Just kidding, of course. Thanks for the cute 'Baby Talk' post and WELCOME BACK, we missed you!!!

Rita
Old 11-01-2008, 08:17 AM   #499
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Thanks, Rita, it is good to be back - sure wish you could have gone with us.
Old 11-01-2008, 02:05 PM   #500
Stampin' Fool

Love that 'Baby Talk' Caterina, sure did make me chuckle. So glad you had such a nice time.
Old 11-02-2008, 08:04 AM   #501
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Wanted to share the following that was posted recently on a Caringbridge site for a little girl who lost her battle with cancer. Also, there is a site, you may want to check out - www.colesfoundation.com - This is a newly formed foundation established to minister to children and their families as well as to help raise awareness of childhood cancers.

THE BRAVE LITTLE SOUL

Not too long ago in Heaven, there was a little soul who took wonder in observing the world. She especially enjoyed the love she saw there and often expressed this joy with God. One day however, the little soul was sad, for this day she saw suffering in the world. She approached God and sadly asked 'Why do bad things happen, why is there suffering in the world?'

God paused for a moment and replied, 'Little soul, do not be sad, for the suffering you see unlocks the love in people's hearts.' The little soul was confused. 'What do you mean?' she asked. God replied, 'Have you not noticed the goodness and love that is the offspring of that suffering? Look at how people come together, drop their differences, and show their love and compassion for those who suffer. All their motivations disappear and they become motivated by love alone.'

The little soul began to understand and listened attentively as God continued. 'The suffering soul unlocks the love in people's hearts much like the sun and rain unlock the flower within the seed. I created everyone with endless love in their heart, but unfortunately most people keep it locked up and hardly share it with anyone. They are afraid to let their love shine freely, because they are afraid of being hurt. But a suffering soul unlocks that love. I tell you this - it is the greatest miracle of all. Many souls have bravely chosen to go into the world and suffer to unlock this love - to create this miracle - for the good of all humanity.'

Just then the little soul got a wonderful idea and could hardly contain herself. With her wings, fluttering, bouncing up and down, the little soul excitedly replied, 'I am brave, let me go. I would like to go into this world and suffer so that I can unlock the goodness and love in people's hearts! I want to create that miracle!'

God smiled and said, 'You are a brave soul I know, and thus I will grant your request. But even though you are very brave, you will not be able to do this alone. I have known since the beginning of time that you would ask for this, so I have carefully selected many souls to care for you on your journey. These souls will help you create your miracle, however they will also share in your suffering. Two of these souls are most special and they will care for you, help you and suffer along with you, far beyond the others. They have already chosen a name for you. Elizabeth Jane.'

God and the brave little soul shared a smile, and then embraced. In parting, God said, 'Do not forget Elizabeth that I will be with you always. Although you have agreed to bear the pain, you will do so through my strength. And if the time should come when you feel you have suffered enough, just say the word, think the thought and, I will bring you home.'

Thus at that moment, the brave little soul was born into the world and through her suffering and God's strength, she unlocked the goodness and love in people's hearts. For so many people dropped their differences and came together to show their love. Priorities became properly aligned. People gave from their hearts. Those who were always too busy, found time. Many began new spiritual journeys - some regained lost faith - many came back to God. Parents hugged their children tighter. Friends and family grew closer. Old friends got together and new friendships were made. Distant families reunited and every family spent more time together. Everyone prayed. Peace and love reigned. Lives were changed forever. It was good. The world was a better place. The miracle happened.

And God was pleased.
Old 11-02-2008, 03:43 PM   #502
Stampin' Fool

I am speechless. Thank you precious child.
Old 11-03-2008, 07:14 AM   #503
Die Cut Diva

Thank you for sharing this beautiful story of The Brave Little Soul!! What great comfort this must bring to families of these suffering children.

Rita
Old 11-03-2008, 12:52 PM   #504
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

The Pearl Necklace

A cheerful girl with bouncy golden curls was almost five. Waiting with her mother at the checkout stand, she saw them: a circle of glistening white pearls in a pink foil box. "Oh please, Mommy. Can I have them? Please, Mommy, please!"

Quickly the mother checked the back of the little foil box and then looked back into the pleading blue eyes of her little girl's upturned face. "A dollar ninety-five. That's almost $2.00. If you really want them, I'll
think of some extra chores for you and in no time you can save enough money to buy them for yourself. Your birthday's only a week away and you might get another crisp dollar bill from grandma."

As soon as Jenny got home, she emptied her penny bank and counted out 17 pennies. After dinner, she did more than her share of chores and she went to the neighbor and asked if she could pick dandelions for ten cents. On her birthday, Grandma did give her another new dollar bill and at last she had enough money to buy the necklace.

Jenny loved her pearls. They made her feel dressed up and grown up. She wore them everywhere--Sunday school, kindergarten, even to bed. The only time she took them off was when she went swimming or had a
bubble bath. Mother said if they got wet, they might turn her neck green.

Jenny had a very loving daddy and every night when she was ready for bed, he would stop whatever he was doing and come upstairs to read her a story. One night when he finished the story, he asked Jenny, "Do you love me?"

"Oh yes, Daddy. You know that I love you."

"Then give me your pearls."

"Oh, Daddy, not my pearls. But you can have Princess-- the white horse from my collection. The one with the pink tail. Remember, Daddy? The one you gave me. She's my favorite."

"That's okay, Honey. Daddy loves you. Good night." And he brushed her cheek with a kiss.

About a week later, after the story time, Jenny's daddy asked again, "Do you love me?"

" Daddy, you know I love you."

"Then give me your pearls."

"Oh Daddy, not my pearls. But you can have my babydoll. The brand new one I got for my birthday. She is so beautiful and you can have the yellow blanket that matches her sleeper."

"That's okay. Sleep well. God bless you, little one. Daddy loves you." And as always, he brushed her cheek with a gentle kiss.

A few nights later when her daddy came in, Jenny was sitting on her bed with her legs crossed Indian-style. As he came close, he noticed her chin was trembling and one silent tear rolled down her cheek. "What is it, Jenny? What's the matter?"

Jenny didn't say anything but lifted her little hand up to her daddy. And, when she opened it, there was her little pearl necklace. With a little quiver, she finally said, "Here, Daddy. It's for you."

With tears gathering in his own eyes, Jenny's kind daddy reached out with one hand to take the dime-store necklace, and with the other hand he reached into his pocket and pulled out a blue velvet case with a strand of beautiful genuine pearls. He had had them all the time. He was just waiting for her to give up the dime-store stuff so he could give her genuine treasure.

Question- what imitations are we holding onto that stops us from receiving God's genuine treasures?

Author: Unknown
Old 11-03-2008, 03:03 PM   #505
Gabfest Goddess

Cat, I hope you don't mind me posting on your thread for this prayer request, I am feeling overwhelmed tonight. Ladies, I would like to ask for a prayer request, I am feeling fried and DD's asthma is at it again - it sounds like croop (sp?) but thankfully, I have the medication on hand so I did give her that. I also had vicks vapors and had her take the steam shower. I am just sitting here crying I feel awful that she doesn't feel well and I need some prayer. I am just feeling the stress I think.

Thank you,
Michele
Old 11-03-2008, 03:26 PM   #506
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood17 View Post
Cat, I hope you don't mind me posting on your thread for this prayer request, I am feeling overwhelmed tonight. Ladies, I would like to ask for a prayer request, I am feeling fried and DD's asthma is at it again - it sounds like croop (sp?) but thankfully, I have the medication on hand so I did give her that. I also had vicks vapors and had her take the steam shower. I am just sitting here crying I feel awful that she doesn't feel well and I need some prayer. I am just feeling the stress I think.

Thank you,
Michele
Michele, of course, it is okay - more than okay. Anytime you need a lift, please know we are here ready to pray and encourage in every way possible.

Sooooo sorry for how you are feeling right now but know that you are not alone. God is there for you and so are we. One of the hardest things in a mother's/grandmother's life is to see her child/grandchild sick wanting to make it all better. Crying is a good stress reliever so let it rip. Please give your precious daughter a gentle hug and kiss and have her give some back to you from all of us.

Remember you are loved with an Everlasting Love.
Old 11-04-2008, 03:11 AM   #507
Gabfest Goddess

Thank you! If you could pray again today, she didn't sleep well but DH will stay home with her today. When she gets like this she can't be left alone because of the escalation issues and she has had it where it is really bad and admitted. Thankfully that was just once but with her we are more cautious and it is foggy today that is a trigger for her. I appreciate all of you women and would so appreciate prayer today for DD so that she can get some rest and relief from the coughing or should I say barking. There was a little improvement though and I am grateful for that.

Michele
Old 11-04-2008, 03:41 AM   #508
Stampin' Fool

Thoughts and prayers for you, dd and dh today and everyday.
Old 11-04-2008, 04:16 AM   #509
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Socrates, being asked what countryman he was, answered, "I am a
citizen of the whole world."

But ask a Christian what countryman
he is, and he will answer, "A citizen of heaven."

-- William Seckler

Be sure to get out today and VOTE!
Old 11-04-2008, 04:53 AM   #510
Gabfest Goddess

I VOTED!!!!
Old 11-04-2008, 06:55 AM   #511
Gabfest Goddess

Ok, Jenn went to the Dr. and he gave her an antibiotic. So it's not just asthma/croop related. I thank you for all of your prayers and kind words. She will get to spend today and tomorrow at home.

Michele
Old 11-04-2008, 07:33 AM   #512
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood17 View Post
Ok, Jenn went to the Dr. and he gave her an antibiotic. So it's not just asthma/croop related. I thank you for all of your prayers and kind words. She will get to spend today and tomorrow at home.

Michele
Michele, thanks for the update and sure hope tomorrow is a better day all the way around for all of you.
Old 11-05-2008, 08:49 AM   #513
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

A Closet Full Of Coats

My toilet handle broke the other day. I knew that I had a few pieces left over from an another toilet repair a few years earlier. I decided then to dig them out and save a few dollars. I hadn’t realized, however, just how crowded my storage closet had become. I started to pull stuff out a little bit at a time. The first thing I moved was a heavy winter coat that I hadn’t worn in years. Next I saw another old coat that had also fallen to the floor. Setting them to the side I picked up a trash bag that I thought might have the left over plumbing supplies. It ripped as I lifted it up and several coats, scarves, and toboggans that the children had outgrown fell to my feet.

At that moment God pulled the curtain shade open to the window of my mind and shined His light through it. I remembered a flier at my daughter’s college calling for a winter coat drive to help the needy. Suddenly the toilet repair didn’t seem quite so urgent anymore. I never did find the handle I started looking for, but I did leave the closet with both arms full of warm coats to help some good souls get through some cold days.

It’s wonderful how God always gives us what we need even if it isn’t always what we want. I had wanted to save a few dollars for myself, but instead God gave me the priceless gift of helping others. He took a moment of silly selfishness on my part and turned it into a wonderful chance to share, and love. I only wish that I had listened sooner to His soft whisper so that He would not have had to yell it out with a broken toilet and a shower of old coats.

The truth is "that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him." I am just glad that God is always patient with me during those times when I get distracted from our true purpose here: to love and help each other. May both your coats and your hearts keep you warm this Winter and always.

~ Joseph J. Mazzella
Old 11-05-2008, 03:29 PM   #514
Embossing Fanatic

Smile

that's a really neat story. Thanks for posting it.

Lavonne
Old 11-05-2008, 04:37 PM   #515
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

You are so very welcome, Lavonne - glad you like it.
Old 11-05-2008, 05:06 PM   #516
Gabfest Goddess

I do love this thread I love the devotionals and have to say I love the clean humor too makes me laugh and we can all use a good chuckle!

Thank you for all your prayers I was having a melt down very little sleep and work I get on overload - DH works part time and I full time. I am thankful for my life just sometimes I get tired and wanted to thank you for listening, praying and letting me vent. I feel so much better tonight, tired but so relieved and I believe that is from the prayers cause I worked late today too and got through it.

DD is doing much better coughing is at a min. and I am thrilled and she looks better no dark circles today and fever on and off so it is breaking.

Thank you all!
Michele

Last edited by redwood17; 11-05-2008 at 05:10 PM..
Old 11-05-2008, 05:32 PM   #517
Stampin' Fool

Closet Full of Coats was a wonderful message and oh so true.
Old 11-06-2008, 06:55 AM   #518
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Good morning to all - have a blessed day.

All Those Gifts!

Feel the touch of God’s invisible hands in every beautiful thing.
All you have to do is reach out and He will be there!
Hoping and wishing and wishing and hoping doesn’t get you anywhere.
It’s only when your heart can take no more and you kneel down in prayer.
That is when all the miracle changes arrive and your life turns around.
First comes the hope and then overwhelming love that are heaven bound.

The healing comes almost immediately and you’re in a different place.
In fact, sometimes it’s so surreal that you find it very hard to embrace.
You start questioning because you’re confused and don’t quite understand.
How you could reach such heights by reaching out and taking God’s hand.

Embrace the change my dear, for it’s a gift from your heavenly Father,
It’s something he wishes you to have and for him it’s not a bother.
You’ll have many gifts to come that your Father wishes to give to you.
So open up your life and heart and let all those gifts come through.

~ Bonnie May ~
All Rights Reserved

Bonnie was born in Shamokin, Pennsylvania in 1945. Poetry has been her passion for 50 years and she has had many of her poems published. She wrote a children's story as a senior in high school, that was later published as: "The Tale of a Rabbit's Tail." Since then she has published: "Grandpa, When Animals Die, Do They Go to Heaven," children's book and two poetry books, "My Heart Wants to Tell You" and "MY HEART WANTS TO TALK! TALK! TALK!." These books can be purchased through http://www.Lulu.com.
Old 11-06-2008, 09:03 AM   #519
Stampin' Fool

Blessings and hugs to all today!
Old 11-07-2008, 06:32 AM   #520
Polyshrink Goddess

Thank you for sharing the Brave Little Soul. I just stumbled across this thread today. I noticed, Caterina, that you live in Md. Two years ago, my dd was having spinal surgery at Johns Hopkins and we met a family in the ICU. Our daugthers beds were across from one another. Their daughter, Christina, lost her battle with cancer. Could this be the same child you have referred to. I know that they have use caringbridge. Just thought I would ask. Again, thank you for this.

The poem is beautiful and we have seen that very thing occur with our youngest dd, now 16. She has osteogenesis imperfecta, a rare bone disorder causing bones to fracture for no reason. She has a lot of the other associated problems due to her severity. The spinal surgery 2 years ago was for scoliosis. We have seen people we don't know come together in prayer for our daugther and with help when we needed it and when we didn't yet know what we needed. God is so good. Again, thank you!