Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Unread 07-29-2017, 09:07 AM   #4961
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Don't Walk Away

My beloved,

Please don’t walk away from me when life hits hard, my love. I know sometimes you hurt so bad you want to blame me. I understand how hard it is for you to keep your heart committed to me, when you feel I have disappeared in the midst of your despair. I am here and I am working things out for you even when it seems as if nothing has changed. I have my hand on you and extended to you at all times. No one can hold you as close as I can. So don’t run, my love--unless it is into my arms of mercy.

Love,
Your Prince and Pursuer

Surely your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me
All the days of my life, and I will live in the house of the Lord forever.
- Psalm 23:6(NLT)
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Stamping Servant, muscrat and dapperdoxie like this post.
Unread 07-31-2017, 07:04 AM   #4962
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

“As the Father loved Me, I also have loved you; abide in My love.

John 15:9

HAVE YOU TAKEN YOUR LOVE BREAK TODAY?

In your workplace, you probably take coffee breaks, lunch breaks, tea breaks and definitely toilet breaks. Why not do the same in your spiritual life—take time out for breaks, especially love breaks?

What is a love break? It is the time you take to enjoy and feed on the love of Jesus for you. At any time during the day, wherever you are, find a quiet spot and feed on the love of Jesus. Just sit down and talk to Him. Say to Him, “Thank You, Jesus, for loving me. Nothing is going to happen to me that You don’t already know about. Jesus, when I could not save myself, You died for me. You gave up Your life for me. What else will You not do for me!”

Such love breaks are typified in the Old Testament by Aaron the high priest and his sons eating the breast of the animal sacrificed. (Leviticus 7:31) The breast of the animal speaks of the love of Jesus. Today, you are a priest to God. (Revelation 1:6) So spend time feeding on the love of Jesus for you, and see yourself nourished, strengthened and sustained by His love. Jesus is our High Priest today. This means that His food is in loving us. He enjoys loving us and is also “nourished” by His love for us.
But do not forget that the breast was roasted by fire (Leviticus 7:35), which speaks of God’s judgment on Jesus as He hung on the cross because He was carrying our sins. So as you feed on Jesus’ love for you, see Him loving you at the cross. When things around you are not going well, do not allow the devil to say to you, “If God loves you, how come these things are happening to you?” My friend, interpret God’s love for you based on the cross, not on your present circumstances.

During the day, when you are hard at work, when busyness sets in, when problems pile up or when discouragement comes, just stop everything and take a love break with Jesus! Let Jesus love you. Let yourself enjoy being loved by Him. Lean on His bosom, abide in His love and be nourished by His love for you!
Stamping Servant likes this post.
Unread 08-01-2017, 07:47 AM   #4963
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

My Eternal Bride,

I want to reveal a sacred secret to you my beloved. Although I am your God, I am also your eternal Husband. I will come soon to carry you over the threshold into eternity. My desire is to lift the veil from your eyes that you might see who you really are, My Princess, My Bride. I am the lover of your soul and I long to get close enough to give you a glimpse of My eternal love for you. If you will seek Me with all your heart, I will reveal Myself to you in extraordinary ways. If you will come before Me and ask I will give you a new hope in your heart that will change your view of Me and the world around you forever.

Love,
Your Creator and Husband

Treasure of Truth
No eye has seen, no ear has heard, and no mind has imagined what God has prepared for those who love Him. 1 Corinthians 2:9
Stamping Servant, muscrat and dapperdoxie like this post.
Unread 08-02-2017, 07:23 AM   #4964
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Chuckle time....

Q: At what time of day was Adam created?
A: A little before Eve.

Q: Why didn't they play cards on the Ark?
A: Because Noah was standing on the deck

Q. Why didn't Noah go fishing?
A. He only had two worms.

Q: Who was the greatest female financier in the Bible?
A: Pharaoh's daughter. She went down to the bank of the Nile and drew out a little prophet

Q: What do they call pastors in Germany?
A: German Shepherds
Stamping Servant and muscrat like this post.
Unread 08-03-2017, 07:33 AM   #4965
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

who [the Lord] redeems your life from destruction, who crowns you with lovingkindness and tender mercies, Psalm 103:4

GOD CAN QUALIFY THE DISQUALIFIED

Four women are mentioned in the genealogy of Jesus. (Matthew 1:1–16) Interestingly, they are not Sarah, Rebekah, Leah or Rachel, wives of the patriarchs of the Old Testament. Instead, they are Tamar, Rahab, Ruth and Bathsheba, women who had morally questionable backgrounds.

Tamar resorted to deception and prostitution to produce children through her father-in-law. Yet, it was from her line, the tribe of Judah, that the Messiah came. (Genesis 38 ) Rahab was a Gentile and a prostitute in Jericho, who became a believer in the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. (Joshua 2:1–21) She also became the mother of Boaz, who married Ruth. (Ruth 4:13)

Ruth was morally upright. But as a Moabitess, she was a Gentile and therefore considered unclean. Yet, she became the grandmother of David (Ruth 4:13–17), whom the Jews regard as their greatest king. Bathsheba committed adultery with David. (2 Samuel 11:4) Later, she gave birth to King Solomon (2 Samuel 12:24), from whose royal line Jesus descended.

So what is God saying to us here?

He is saying that He is greater than our sins—where sin abounds, His grace abounds much more. (Romans 5:20) His grace is greater than our sins, so that even when the world disqualifies us, He can qualify us to receive His blessings!

God is also saying that He is a God of many chances. These women’s stories show us that even when our troubles are of our own making, they are neither final nor fatal. When we turn to Him, He will turn our situations around until we see His glory upon us!
Finally, God is saying that He is a God of supernatural positioning. Even when all our earthly connections are gone, the moment we turn to Him, He will find ways to turn our captivity into blessings.

My friend, don’t look at your natural circumstances and be discouraged. Trust the One “who redeems your life from destruction, who crowns you with lovingkindness and tender mercies”. Trust Him who qualifies the disqualified!
Unread 08-04-2017, 05:05 AM   #4966
Stazon Splitcoast

Pray for Those Living with Conflict

Lord, my life seems in turmoil right now. I feel anxious and afraid as I search for ways to resolving this current conflict.

I try to remind myself of Your providence and Your love and caring for me and those dear to me. But the problems I face seem overwhelming and continue to worry me. There just doesn’t seem to be any quick or easy answer right now, and I sometimes wonder how my life will ever be on firm footing again.

Help me to accept my responsibility, yet not lose perspective on what is really important. Guide me to a gentle awareness of what I can do, and give me the courage and strength to do it. Amen.
Scripture Readings: Matthew 13:54-58

Joan
Unread 08-05-2017, 06:54 AM   #4967
Stazon Splitcoast

Prayer for those living with Distorted Self-Images

Lord, be at my side when I wander in darkness. Sometimes my life seems to have no purpose, and I feel alone and lost. Help me to realize that, as bad as I may feel at this moment, this day, and each day, is a gift from You, with possibility for change and the potential for happiness, peace and a greater good.

Bring me to an awareness of what I must do to relieve my suffering. Though I may not understand the reasons, grant me the courage and strength to do what must be done. I look to You always as my source of light, happiness and peace. Amen.
Scripture Readings: Matthew 14:1-12

Joan
caterinafmig, muscrat and dapperdoxie like this post.
Unread 08-05-2017, 08:34 AM   #4968
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

My sweet husband sent this to me... oh how well he knows me.

The Bewildering Call of God "…and all things that are written by the prophets concerning the Son of Man will be accomplished."…But they understood none of these things… —Luke 18:31, 34

God called Jesus Christ to what seemed absolute disaster. And Jesus Christ called His disciples to see Him put to death, leading every one of them to the place where their hearts were broken. His life was an absolute failure from every standpoint except God’s. But what seemed to be failure from man’s standpoint was a triumph from God’s standpoint, because God’s purpose is never the same as man’s purpose.

This bewildering call of God comes into our lives as well. The call of God can never be understood absolutely or explained externally; it is a call that can only be perceived and understood internally by our true inner-nature. The call of God is like the call of the sea— no one hears it except the person who has the nature of the sea in him. What God calls us to cannot be definitely stated, because His call is simply to be His friend to accomplish His own purposes. Our real test is in truly believing that God knows what He desires. The things that happen do not happen by chance— they happen entirely by the decree of God. God is sovereignly working out His own purposes.

If we are in fellowship and oneness with God and recognize that He is taking us into His purposes, then we will no longer strive to find out what His purposes are. As we grow in the Christian life, it becomes simpler to us, because we are less inclined to say, “I wonder why God allowed this or that?” And we begin to see that the compelling purpose of God lies behind everything in life, and that God is divinely shaping us into oneness with that purpose. A Christian is someone who trusts in the knowledge and the wisdom of God, not in his own abilities. If we have a purpose of our own, it destroys the simplicity and the calm, relaxed pace which should be characteristic of the children of God.
Stamping Servant and smileyj like this post.
Unread 08-06-2017, 06:52 AM   #4969
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Give Thanks

Some things just weren’t made to coexist. Long-tailed cats and rocking chairs? Bulls in a china shop? Not a good idea. Blessings and bitterness? That mixture doesn’t go over well with God. Combine heavenly kindness with earthly ingratitude and expect a sour concoction. Perhaps you’ve sampled it. Gratitude doesn’t come naturally. Self-pity does. Bellyaches do. Grumbles and mumbles--no one has to remind us to offer them. Yet they don’t mix well with the kindness we’ve been given.

Gratitude gets us through the hard stuff. To reflect on your blessings is to rehearse God’s accomplishments. To rehearse His accomplishments is to discover His heart. Gratitude always leaves us looking at God and away from dread. So practice gratitude! As Ephesians 5:20 puts it, “Give thanks for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.”

From You’ll Get Through This
Stamping Servant, smileyj and muscrat like this post.
Unread 08-07-2017, 09:36 AM   #4970
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

GETTING BACK UP

My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have an advocate with the Father—Jesus Christ, the Righteous One. ~ 1 John 2:1

A grizzled, old boxer, when asked about the secret of his success, said, “I got back up one more time than I got knocked down.” We sometimes say that someone “fell” into sin. Adam and Eve’s sin in the Garden is often referred to as the “fall of mankind.” We all “fall,” from time to time. If we are committed Christians, we despise what we’ve done—a little lie here, an unjustified harsh word there, a lustful thought during the day, a bit of gossip during the night. Why do we do such things? Why?

Paul experienced the same angst as any committed Christian does, regarding sin. He complained that he did things he knew he shouldn’t do and that He didn’t do things he knew he should do. He concluded his confession with this: “So I find this law at work: Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God’s law; but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death? Thanks be to God, Who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!” (Romans 7:21-15).

He came to the same conclusion to which John came, in our text. We should determine to do good, but when we “fall,” we Christians—of all people—can get back up one more time in an eternally profound way, because Jesus Christ, our Lord, Savior, and Deliverer, rose from the dead, getting back up one last time, on our behalf. “Dear Lord, we determine to hide Your word in our hearts, that we might not sin against You (Psalm 119:11). However, when we do, we thank You and praise You in advance for the Blood of our Jesus, Who continually cleanses us from all sin (1 John 1:7).”

~ Chuck Bassett
Unread 08-08-2017, 05:57 AM   #4971
Hardware Hotshot

Default Be a Good News Bringer

In Acts 12, Peter is in jail for his faith and is awaiting execution when an angel of the Lord suddenly appeared to him with the good news that he's going free. The word angel, Malakh in Hebrew and Angelos in Greek, can be translated as "news bringers." Angels came to shepherds in Bethlehem and said, "We bring you good news and great joy." In the origins of the words Good News, or Gospel, is the word angel. In English, when you say evangelism, the word angel is in it. When you share the gospel by the Spirit of God or help somebody be set free from bondage, in the Lord you're an angel on assignment. When you see somebody in need of salvation, or someone who seeks the love of God and good news, become their angel. When you do God's will, minister, and serve, go as one sent from heaven on angelic assignment.

caterinafmig and smileyj like this post.
Unread 08-09-2017, 04:27 AM   #4972
Stazon Splitcoast

Daily Prayer for August 9, 2017

How busy my life is, Lord! I feel like I run all day long and never accomplish anything. Tedious tasks plague me and keep me from spending time in prayer or even enjoying my family. Help me to slow down and appreciate Your simple blessings. Teach me to be patient, to simplify my life and to relax. Amen.
Scripture Readings: Matthew 15:21-28

Joan
Unread 08-09-2017, 05:37 AM   #4973
Proud Fan Club Member

Thanks Joan. Very good advice and sure hits home. Thanks Caterina for continuing to encourage us as well!
Unread 08-10-2017, 08:40 AM   #4974
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Good Confidence

My Princess Warrior,

I am asking you today to surrender your confidence to me. Don’t give the power to build your self-confidence to other people. This world has nothing to offer you that will build you up and keep you strong when times get tough. I am the only One who can water your thirsty soul and give you assurance about who you are. I want you, my beloved warrior, to walk in the a confidence that cannot be taken or shaken by anyone or any circumstance. Now is the time to trade your insecurities for security in Me. Together we will be unstoppable and conquer much during your Life!

Love,
Your King, your Confidence

They do not fear bad news;
they confidently trust the Lord to care for them.
They are confident and fearless
and can face their foes triumphantly.
-Psalm 112:7–8
muscrat and dapperdoxie like this post.
Unread 08-11-2017, 08:42 AM   #4975
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Your Name on God's Hand

When I see a flock of sheep I see exactly that--a flock. A rabble of wool...all alike. But not so with the shepherd. To him every sheep is different. Every face is special. Every sheep has a name, and that includes you! The Shepherd you! He knows your name and he will never forget it.

He says in Isaiah 49:16, “I have written your name on my hand.” Your name is on God’s hand. Your name is on God’s lips. Perhaps you’ve never seen your name honored, or heard it spoken with kindness. If so, it may be more difficult for you to believe that God knows your name. But he does! Written on his hand. Spoken by his mouth. Your name! Keep listening...be sure to hear when God whispers your name.

From When God Whispers Your Name
Unread 08-11-2017, 09:04 AM   #4976
Proud Fan Club Member

Thanks Caterina! Max has such a beautiful way with words!
Unread 08-12-2017, 08:50 AM   #4977
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

I Have Always Been Here

My beloved,

I have always known you, always loved you and always been with you. When you were formed I was with you in your mother’s womb. When you took your first breath I was breathing through you. I know your past and I also know your future. I will walk you through every season of your life. I am with you now in spirit. I am the Alpha and the Omega. I am all your new beginnings and your endings. You are part of me, my love. I am your eternal husband who will give you your “Happily Ever After.” I love you.

Love,
Your Prince forever and always

“I am the Alpha and the Omega--the beginning and the end,” says the Lord God. “I am the one who is, who always was, and who is still to come--the Almighty One.” -Revelation 1:8 (NIV)
Stamping Servant and dapperdoxie like this post.
Unread 08-14-2017, 08:05 AM   #4978
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Therefore it is of faith that it might be according to grace, so that the promise might be sure to all the seed, not only to those who are of the law, but also to those who are of the faith of Abraham, who is the father of us all…
Romans 4:16

YOU HAVE THE SAME FAVOR JESUS HAS

God’s grace is His undeserved, unearned and unmerited favor. And because it is undeserved, unearned and unmerited, all of us qualify for it. But how do we walk in it?

Just as a password gives you access to a computer program, faith enables you to walk in God’s unmerited favor. Now, faith has nothing to do with what you do or what you can do. Faith is simply believing and declaring what God has done and is doing for you.

When you believe that the favor of God is on you because of Christ’s finished work, His promises of provision, healing and restoration become sure to you. They are not just sure to the Jews, but also to you and me because we are “of the faith of Abraham”.

Ruth was a Gentile widow who put her faith in God’s grace. She believed and declared that God’s favor would lead her to the right field in which to glean, where she would find favor in the owner’s sight. (Ruth 2:2) Because she depended on God’s unmerited favor, God not only placed her in wealthy Boaz’s field, but also in the genealogy of Jesus! (Matthew 1:5)

Ruth’s faith in God’s favor opened up a whole new world for her. She went from poverty to supply, widowhood to marriage, and from being childless to having a complete family. She also became a respected member of the community. (Ruth 4:13–15)

If Ruth, a Gentile who was under the old covenant, enjoyed God’s favor, how much more will we who are under the new covenant of grace enjoy the blessings that the unmerited favor of God brings! In fact, because God sees us in the Beloved today, we enjoy the same favor that Jesus has! (Ephesians 1:3–6)

My friend, when you believe that you have the same favor that Jesus has, a whole new world will open up to you—a world where all of God’s promises are “Yes” and “Amen” in Christ! (2 Corinthians 1:20)

Unread 08-15-2017, 08:05 AM   #4979
Hardware Hotshot

A REVELATION OF JESUS’ POWER

by David Wilkerson

The apostle Paul prayed for the church at Ephesus: “That you may know . . . what is the exceeding greatness of His power toward us who believe, according to the working of His mighty power” (Ephesians 1:18–19). Paul was saying, “May God reveal to you not just the past greatness of Christ but His present greatness.”

The Church today has great reverence for the Jesus who walked on Earth — the Galilean, the son of Mary, the teacher and miracle worker. We never grow weary of hearing and telling of the greatness of Jesus Christ of Nazareth.

We love to remind ourselves of how this Jesus chased demons and stood strong against all temptations. He opened blind eyes, unstopped deaf ears, caused paralytics to leap, restored withered arms, healed lepers. He turned water into wine, fed multitudes with just a few loaves and fishes, and on more than one occasion He raised the dead.

Yet, at some point in history, Christians began to limit the present power of our great, miracle-working Savior. The Church developed a theology that made Christ God of the spiritual but not of the natural. We often don’t know Him as Lord over our everyday affairs, as God of our home, our children and marriage, our job and bills.

Paul is telling us we need a revelation of the power of the resurrected Jesus, seated at the right hand of God, with all power given to Him in heaven and on earth. “[God] put all things under His feet” (Ephesians 1:22).

As I read this passage, my heart was stirred with a powerful truth: “Jesus has never been more powerful than He is right now.” Moreover, according to Paul, Christ is “far above all principality and power and might and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in that which is to come” (Ephesians 1:21).
caterinafmig and muscrat like this post.
Unread 08-15-2017, 12:06 PM   #4980
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks caterinafmig;
Just when I don't think I can't go on: Your posted this and like a slap in the face for me to keep walking the faith. Even tho. I am tried, I must keep going on. we have Tulsa OK. And this getting hard and hard for me do. Family is no long helping for what every reason! Mom and me fussing at each other more and more everyday. I try not get to me but it dose! GOD HELP ME!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by caterinafmig View Post
Keep WaitingGod is at Work

I’m convinced the Sabbath was created for frantic souls like me, people who need a weekly reminder that the world will not stop if I do. In one of the most dramatic examples of waiting in the Bible, Daniel prays for people who’d been oppressed for seventy years. He abstained from food and drink for twenty-one days, as he labored in prayer, persisted, pleaded, and agonized. No response. On the twenty-second day an angel of God appeared. He revealed to Daniel that his prayer had been heard on the first day. From an earthly perspective, nothing was happening. But from a heavenly perspective a battle was raging in the heavens. God was working.

What if Daniel had given up? Lost faith? Walked away from God? Better questions: What if you give up? Lose faith? Walk away? Don’t! God is at work. Keep waiting!

From You’ll Get Through This
smileyj likes this post.
Unread 08-15-2017, 12:21 PM   #4981
Stazon Splitcoast

Thank you caterinafmig For posted this. When mom came down cancer this verse was gave to us. And we been holding on to this verse And I just seen it and read it again and tears streaming down my face again!!! Don't Every Say JESUS don't know Where your at! This Is just proof That Jesus know right where your at!

Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous Isaiah 41:10

GOD IS WITH YOU UPHOLDING YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by caterinafmig View Post

Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous Isaiah 41:10

GOD IS WITH YOU UPHOLDING YOU

It is easy to say, “Praise the Lord! Hallelujah!” when times are good. It is easy to believe that God loves you when you are on the mountain top enjoying the sunshine. But what happens when you are down in the dark valley surrounded by your enemies?

Perhaps today, you are in the valley of marital, financial or bodily trouble, and you are asking, “Where is God?”

My friend, He is right there with you. The God of the valleys says to you, “Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.”

When King Jehoshaphat was surrounded and outnumbered by his enemies, the Spirit of the Lord came upon Jahaziel and he said to the king, “Don’t be afraid nor dismayed because of this great multitude, for the battle is not yours, but God’s. You will not need to fight in this battle. Position yourselves, stand still and see the salvation of the Lord, who is with you. Don’t fear or be dismayed. Tomorrow, go out against them for the Lord is with you.” (2 Chronicles 20:14–17)

What King Jehoshaphat did next was brilliant. He acted with wisdom from on high. Instead of putting his commandos in front, he put worshipers in front! What did the worshipers sing? They sang of God’s love for them—“Praise the Lord for His love endures forever!” And God utterly destroyed their enemies! (2 Chronicles 20:21–23, NIV)

Beloved, it is not the trials that make us strong, but our responses in those trials. The devil wants us to respond by asking, “Where is God?” But God wants us to respond with faith in His love for us. We are more than conquerors not because of our love for Him, but through Him who loves us. (Romans 8:37)

So whatever valley you are in today, don’t be afraid. God is there with you strengthening and upholding you. Just sing of His love for you and let Him fight your battles for you!

Unread 08-16-2017, 07:20 AM   #4982
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

“No weapon formed against you shall prosper, and every tongue which rises against you in judgment you shall condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is from Me,” says the Lord. Isaiah 54:17
Be Righteousness-Conscious
If you are familiar with today’s verse, you’ll know that believers usually quote only the first part: “No weapon formed against you shall prosper.”

Now, do you want to know the secret to unleashing this promise of protection, and walking fully in your inheritance in Christ?

It is actually right there in the second part of the verse: “‘…every tongue which rises against you in judgment you shall condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is from Me,’ says the Lord.”

You see, it’s when you know that your righteousness is from the Lord that no weapon formed against you will prosper, and every tongue of accusation, judgment and condemnation that rises against you will fail!

My friend, use your faith every day to believe that you are indeed righteous in Christ, and that this righteousness is of the Lord’s doing, not your own doing. This is how no weapon formed against you shall prosper. This is how you live an overcoming and victorious life!
Unread 08-17-2017, 04:43 AM   #4983
Hardware Hotshot

Awesome insight, Caterina!! Thank you!
Unread 08-17-2017, 05:00 AM   #4984
Hardware Hotshot

TURNING POINT by David Jeremiah

Dried Up Brooks

And it happened after a while that the brook dried up, because there had been no rain in the land.
1 Kings 17:7

Late one evening, businessman Allan Emery checked into a hotel after a long, delayed flight, and he was discouraged. He expected to lose his best customer the next day. Preparing for bed, Emery opened his Bible and said, "Lord, if you have something to say to me, some encouragement, let me have it now." He turned to the story of Elijah in 1 Kings 17 and read about how Elijah's brook dried up. But the Lord had another mission for Elijah, and he was soon in Zarephath, witnessing another miracle that kept a family alive--a bin of flour that was never used up and a jar of oil that never ran dry. When the brook ran dry, the jar of oil started flowing.

God never leaves us stranded, forsaken, or abandoned. If the brook dries up, it's because He has a jar of oil waiting for us. When a disappointment strikes us, we must trust Him for the next move. When a dream crashes around us, look for God's direction and a new challenge.

There is always a next step with God; and there are always new blessings—grace upon grace—to claim from His guiding hand.

In the twenty years since that night I have had numerous “dried up brooks,” but my attitude toward them has been one of expectancy, for I know God is faithful to me just as He was to Elijah. Allan Emery
caterinafmig, smileyj and muscrat like this post.
Unread 08-17-2017, 05:26 AM   #4985
Stazon Splitcoast

Daily Prayer for August 17, 2017

Lord, my life is hectic when I tend to household chores, children or grandchildren, work, shopping and other odd jobs. Sometimes I grow resentful of everyday chores. Help me to manage this burden and to remember that You are always there to comfort me. Amen. Scripture Readings: Matthew 18:21-19:1

Joan
Unread 08-18-2017, 07:55 AM   #4986
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

His Kingdom My Daughter,

I know some days you feel as if there is no fight left inside of you. You, like all My chosen children, sometimes wonder where I am and whether this faith is worth fighting for. Many times your strength is sapped because you are waging battles I did not ask you to fight. Give up battles not worth winning so you will have the strength to win souls for My Kingdom. I know this life is not easy, but I have not called you to a life of comfort; I have called you to combat and adventure! Battles won for My Kingdom will not be wasted; so ask Me before you choose your fight. I will guide you, and I promise to use you to bring abundant life to all those you love. Now, My beloved daughter, ask yourself, What am I winning if I lose my chance to glorify my God with my life?

Love,
Your King Who fights for you

If a kingdom is divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand.

Mark 3:24
Treasure of Truth

What battle is worth winning on earth if, as a result, you lose souls that could have been won for the Kingdom?
Unread 08-19-2017, 08:44 AM   #4987
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

"When I awoke this morning I asked myself, "What is life about?" I found the answer in my room. The fan said, "Be cool." The roof said, "Aim high." The window said, "See the world." The clock said, "Every minute is precious." The mirror said, "Reflect before you act." The calendar said, " Be up to date." The door said, "Push hard for your goals." The floor said, "Kneel down and pray." God whispered I will take you to it all."

~ unknown
Stamping Servant, smileyj and muscrat like this post.
Unread 08-20-2017, 07:26 AM   #4988
Stazon Splitcoast

Daily Prayer for August 20, 2017

Heavenly Father, walk with me as I go about my day. Give me gentle reminders to stay on the right path, and guide me back when I stray too far. I ask that You always walk by my side, giving me support when I most need it. You are my guiding light. Amen. Scripture Readings: Matthew 15:21-28

Joan
Unread 08-21-2017, 08:47 AM   #4989
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him, the eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that you may know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints, and what is the exceeding greatness of His power toward us who believe, according to the working of His mighty power. Ephesians 1:17–19
The Spirit Of Wisdom

If God tells us that wisdom is the principal thing, then it behooves us to know and operate in the “spirit of wisdom.” But do you know what the “spirit of wisdom” is?

Look at the prayer (above) that the apostle Paul prayed over the church in Ephesus. The spirit of wisdom and revelation is in the knowledge of Jesus!

Beloved, the more you know Jesus and have a revelation of His unmerited favor in your life, the more you will have the spirit of wisdom. I challenge you to pray this prayer for wisdom on a regular basis because when you increase in the knowledge of Jesus, He will surely lead you to good success in every aspect of your life.
Unread 08-22-2017, 06:42 AM   #4990
Hardware Hotshot

Default Having Confidence in Jesus

David Wilkerson - World Challenge

August 22, 2017

Deep despair and anguish can come at Jesus from those He cares for most.

Mary and Martha had cast away their confidence in him after their brother, Lazarus, fell sick and died (see John 11:20-21). Jairus’ household had cast away their confidence, as well. They all accused Jesus of being too late and uncaring (see Mark 5:35).

Still, all it took was one word from him, “Rise!” and everything changed in an instant. That’s all it ever takes with the Lord. He speaks one word and suddenly everything is transformed. Satan must loosen his grip, death flees, life springs up, and heaven’s promises break out on all sides.
Beloved, no matter what you’re going through, all the Lord has to do is speak a single word and devils are sent scattering. Creation trembles. Suddenly, the answer you’ve sought is upon you. So, you wonder why the Lord has not answered you yet. Why does your suffering go on? Why does it look so hopeless for some of God’s holiest people?

All I know is that in such crises, God’s people either grow in confidence or draw back and cast away their confidence. “If anyone draws back, my soul has no pleasure in him. But we are not of those who draw back to perdition, but of those who believe to the saving of the soul” (Hebrews 10:38–39).

The Lord is determined to strip us of all confidence in the flesh, leaving us with total confidence in him.

caterinafmig likes this post.
Unread 08-23-2017, 07:51 AM   #4991
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

My son, give attention to my words; incline your ear to my sayings. Do not let them depart from your eyes; keep them in the midst of your heart; Proverbs 4:20–21

ONE THING IS NEEDFUL

George Müller, who lived in the 1800s, cared for about 10,000 orphans in total in his five large orphanages. But he never allowed his huge responsibility to take him away from the Word of God. He said that every day, he would set aside time to study the scriptures until his inner man was happy in the Lord.

Once, Müller met a man who worked between 14 and 16 hours every day. He told the man, “You are destroying your health. You don’t have time for your family and, most importantly, you don’t have time to nourish your inner man with the Word of God.”

The man replied, “I hear you, but I can’t see how I can cut down my working hours and spend time in the Word because even with the 14 to 16 hours I put in each day, I still can’t put enough bread on the table for my family.”

As the man walked away, Müller said, “He doesn’t believe that if he gives time to God’s Word first, God will take care of all his needs.”

Likewise, do you really believe that every day, only one thing is needful? Even if the bills don’t get paid, the children are not making any headway in their studies and the office work is not completed, all these things can wait. Only one thing is needful—that you spend time in the Word of God.

When Martha complained to Jesus that her sister Mary had left her to serve alone (Mary was sitting at Jesus’ feet and hearing His Word), Jesus defended Mary by saying, “Martha, Martha, you are worried and troubled about many things. But one thing is needed, and Mary has chosen that good part, which will not be taken away from her.” (Luke 10:41–42)

My friend, you will not lose out when you take time to sit down and listen to God’s Word. Even your health and well-being will be blessed. (Proverbs 4:22) So take time today to meditate on His Word. It will make your way prosperous (Joshua 1:8–9), and give you divine health and good success!
Unread 08-24-2017, 08:21 AM   #4992
Hardware Hotshot

I love to read about George Muller .... thanks Caterina!
caterinafmig likes this post.
Unread 08-24-2017, 08:29 AM   #4993
Hardware Hotshot

Default Praying for Adult Children

TURNING POINT with David Jeremiah
Praying for Adult Children

The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.
James 5:16

Many parents assume that when they get their children raised, out of diapers, out of school, and out of the house, they won’t have to worry about them anymore. But, oh, the stress of being the parent of an adult child! Our world is filled with problems and pitfalls, and our children are at risk whatever their age; but each need can be met with prayer.

Our children can’t get away from our intercession, though the answers may come slower than we’d like. The best strategy is finding Scriptures we can convert to prayers. For example, the concluding benediction in Hebrews 13:20-21 asks the Lord to “make you complete in every good work to do His will, working in you what is well pleasing in His sight, through Jesus Christ….”

When worried about a child, there’s peace and power in finding a quiet place to offer that very prayer, effectively and fervently, for your youngster. You might even keep a small notebook of Scripture prayers to persistently bring before the throne.

Parenting involves a lifetime commitment to prayer; therein resides the power that avails much.

The Bible…was meant to be prayed.
Mark Batterson, in Praying Circles Around YourChildren
caterinafmig, smileyj and muscrat like this post.
Unread 08-24-2017, 08:39 AM   #4994
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stamping Servant View Post
I love to read about George Muller .... thanks Caterina!

His life story is amazing and truly encourages God's children.
Unread 08-24-2017, 11:28 AM   #4995
Proud Fan Club Member

Rita, thank you! That sure hits home here!
Unread 08-24-2017, 12:15 PM   #4996
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscrat View Post
Rita, thank you! That sure hits home here!

Kathy, it was very timely for me, too! My son, Nick, has an exploratory procedure tomorrow to determine if anything can be done about his esophagus which has been damaged by acid reflux.
smileyj likes this post.
Unread 08-24-2017, 02:20 PM   #4997
Stazon Splitcoast

When we feel anguish, when we have a sense that we do not know who we are, a sense of being profoundly lonely, we become afraid. We can be willing to give up a lot — friendships, communication, even intimacy — so as to protect ourselves from the feeling of being “nobody,” the suffering of loneliness, our anguish. It is only when we can see this in ourselves that we can discover freedom from our compulsions. It is only when we begin to recognize the cry of our own hearts that we can respond to the cry of God to be in relationship with us.
–from the book Life’s Great Questions

Joan
Stamping Servant and caterinafmig like this post.
Unread 08-25-2017, 04:17 AM   #4998
Hardware Hotshot

Default Fear Not!

FEAR NOT!

by David Wilkerson

Today our society is broken. We have out-of-control schools, confused leaders, collapsing banking systems, widespread unemployment, unmanageable social programs, and a complete breakdown of moral values. And to top it off, the earth could be standing on the brink of a nuclear catastrophe. In short, things seem to be spinning out of control.
How can believers possibly stand firm and steadfast in the midst of all this chaos? The author of Hebrews answers us: We must see Jesus in all that is happening in our lives (see Hebrews 2:9).

Some may wonder, “How could the Lord be in any of this? So many things in my life feel out of control.” Let me give you an example from Scripture. I am talking about a man whose world was turned upside down by chaos, shaking the very foundations of his faith. Yet, in the midst of it all he saw the Lord.

In his hour of great trial, the apostle Stephen stood unmoved as a mob of Christ-haters surrounded him armed with stones and ready to put him to death. Stephen knew he had only a matter of minutes to live — yet he was filled with peace and calm. What was the secret of this man’s endurance?

In that very moment, Stephen testified, “Look! I see the heavens opened and [Jesus] standing at the right hand of God” (Acts 7:56). He kept his eyes focused on Jesus alone. He could face a cruel death knowing Jesus was with him in it all.

I am convinced that the example of Stephen holds something of great importance for all who love and serve the Lord. It is this: When we truly see Jesus in the midst of our afflictions and hardships, we will always hear him tell us, “Fear not!”

caterinafmig and muscrat like this post.
Unread 08-25-2017, 08:17 AM   #4999
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Thank you, Rita!
Unread 08-27-2017, 07:48 AM   #5000
Stazon Splitcoast

Heart

You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast because they trust in you.

Isaiah 26:3

Attached Thumbnails
21150113_10214105988825044_6340924197849908522_n.jpg