Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-21-2012, 06:33 AM   #761
Gabfest Goddess

Cat, prayers for the family today and for you! What I hold onto is the bible verse "blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted" knowing it's a difficult day and praying for comfort from the Holy Spirit! Lifting all up this morning.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 03-21-2012, 03:28 PM   #762
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Kerry posted an update marking Sicily's two-year angelversary.

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 4:08 PM, CDT

Plain and simple...Sicily is still missed with every breath God still allows me to inhale! I can still envision her sweet magnetic smile, her love for life laughter, and her strong hugs created by skinny little arms. When I close my eyes and let my heart and mind tune out the world around me, I can still imagine how it felt to hold her in my arms.

God has blessed my life with an abundance of happiness these past eight months that have sped by since I last updated this site. So many times I've wanted to sit and pour out my soul as I did for so long since that fateful day in August 2008 when we learned of Sicily's cancer! It is still hard to grasp that it was two years ago this very day that our precious little pocketful of sunshine peacefully passed away in my arms! It still has not gotten easier, as I always confessed that I knew it never would, but there truly is so much comfort and peace that comes from understanding the purpose of her brief but spectacular life. The gifts that God bestowed upon me will sustain me for the rest of my life. I am so very thankful.

Today I cry, because I can...because I miss my little girl. It's okay! It feels good! I am still smiling through the tears! Laughing at the memories! Thank you for remembering her!

"HAPPY 2nd ANGEL-VERSARY SICILY!"
We love you all the way to heaven!

Kerry
Old 03-21-2012, 03:44 PM   #763
Pearl-ExPert

Heart sweet angel Sicily

I'm so happy to hear that Kerry is able to smile through the tears! It wasn't that long ago that she didn't think she would ever smile again! Sweet little Sicily is shining her little pocketful of sunshine down on her family! Let your light shine, Sicily!

Thanks for continually keeping the Zeka's in your thoughts and prayers, Caterina!
Old 04-16-2012, 04:28 AM   #764
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Yesterday, Sunday, April 15th would have been sweet Sicily's 7th birthday. Surely precious Angel Face was in many thoughts as well as her wonderful family.
Old 04-16-2012, 04:35 AM   #765
Pearl-ExPert

Heart Happy Birthday, sweet angel!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by caterinafmig View Post
Yesterday, Sunday, April 15th would have been sweet Sicily's 7th birthday. Surely precious Angel Face was in many thoughts as well as her wonderful family.
Your family is in my thoughts and prayers! Thanks for reminding us, Caterina!

Hugs!
Jane
Old 04-16-2012, 12:19 PM   #766
Gabfest Goddess

Prayers for you and the family. I know it's hard, your a brave wonderful soul Cat!

HUGS
Old 06-08-2012, 09:09 AM   #767
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Sicily's sweet wonderful mommy, Kerry, will be celebrating her birthday on June 30th again without her precious baby girl. If you would like to send some happy mail, here is the address. Thanks so much

Kerry Zeka
6800 S. Sycamore Ave.
Broken Arrow, OK 74011-6060

Last edited by caterinafmig; 07-04-2012 at 05:10 AM..
Old 07-04-2012, 05:12 AM   #768
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lo3LKian View Post
beautiful little girl.

Thank you so much - was privileged to meet sweet Sicily and her family. Hard to believe that Sicily has been in heaven for over two years.
Old 08-07-2012, 08:15 AM   #769
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Just thought to post that I spoke with Kerry the other day. Although Kerry is doing as well as can be expected, she has many days when the reality of Sicily no longer being with her family becomes overwhelming. Please send up prayers for peace, grace, strength and courage for Kerry, the family and all the families walking this wretched painful road.
Old 08-30-2012, 08:58 PM   #770
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Just thought to let you know that Sicily's sister, Isabella who has diabetes is having trouble with hearing and may have to wear a hearing aid. Please pray for Isabella and for the family as they face another hurdle. Thanks.
Old 09-30-2012, 06:28 PM   #771
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Today marks the last day of Childhood cancer Awareness Month and Sicily as well as her family has been heavy on my heart. Sicily's daddy's birthday was this month and her brother Elias' birthday was last week. Surely they must miss their pocket full of sunshine.
Old 11-09-2012, 11:05 AM   #772
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

This month Sicily's older brother, Corinthian and her sister Isabella will be celebrating their birthdays and certainly these celebrations are bittersweet.

The family has purchased a house on the lake, duplicating Sicily' room as it was the day she went to heaven and spend much time there together.
Old 11-14-2012, 12:37 PM   #773
Gabfest Goddess

I just can't imagine - prayers for the family and for her siblings and hoping the younger ones while they miss Sicily know in their hearts they will see her again and that it is good for them to be happy and that she is watching from the windows of heaven. I know this is painful I hope they keep the peace that only God can give so that they continue to enjoy their lives and know they will see Sicily in heaven!
Old 11-14-2012, 06:15 PM   #774
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Thanks Michele, am so looking forward to seeing my sweet Angel Face in heaven one day, too! She stole my heart!
Old 11-15-2012, 03:58 AM   #775
Gabfest Goddess

I know she did Cat and you are so awesome to reach out to all of these kids and their families.
Old 12-15-2012, 11:00 AM   #776
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Please keep Sicily's family in prayer as they face yet another Christmas without the sweet "Pocketful Of Sunshine" as her mommy called.

Also please remember the countless families who will be missing their sweet children during this time of year.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:33 AM   #777
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

My wonderful husband is shaving his hair in memory of our sweet Sicily who has been in heaven three years next month. If you can help give support, please click on link. Thanks!

Reynold Grove | A St. Baldrick's Participant

Over 3,650,000 CHILDREN have died globally in the last 50 years, nearly 200 each day 365 days a year for the last 50 years and close to 11 million have been diagnosed with some form of cancer during that time span as well globally. There have actually been more deaths of children and children affected with cancer than the Holocaust by my math. I'm asking all my friends, acquaintances, relatives, etc. to get involved to STOP CHILDHOOD CANCER!

To do my part, I'm going to do something pretty extreme (for me!), and I'm writing to ask you to join me by supporting me with a donation for childhood cancer research!

What am I doing? I am going to have my head shaved at the 5th Annual Baltimore Heroes Event, a St. Baldrick's Foundation event. You are invited to come out and watch the fun on March 3. It is being held at Martin's East, 9000 Pulaski Highway, Baltimore, MD 21220.

My bald head will represent my standing in solidarity with kids being treated for cancer. But the real point is to raise funds for life-saving research. Infants, kids, teens and young adults are fighting cancer every day and its good to know that St. Baldrick's Foundation is instrumental in providing funds for research to fight this horrible disease which affects so many kids.

I have just a month to reach my goal of $5,000. Will you help? Please make a donation as soon as possible! All donations regardless of size are welcome. Just think, only 200 people donating $25 each or 500 people donating $10 each will reach my goal. Whatever you can do will be appreciated by me and especially the kids fighting cancer! Please visit my page on the St. Baldrick's website and make your donation: Reynold Grove | A St. Baldrick's Participant - You can also follow my progress there!

By the way, I'm doing this to honor the memory of a precious little girl named Sicily who was battling cancer a few years ago. My wife and I "adopted" her through another organization and were privileged to visit her and her family in Oklahoma in 2010. Unfortunately she lost her battle and we attended her funeral in the spring of 2011.

I can assure you your gift will be used responsibly. The St. Baldrick's Foundation is the largest private funder of childhood cancer research grants. This is a volunteer-driven charity, which keeps fundraising costs low and grants high. In 2012 alone, St. Baldrick's granted more than $23 million for research, most of which was raised by more than 31,000 "shavees" like me, from people like you!
Old 03-20-2013, 10:53 AM   #778
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Reynold raised nearly $2500 in honor of sweet Sicily at the St. Baldrick's event.

Tomorrow will mark the third anniversary of Angel Face leaving earth for heaven.
Old 04-15-2013, 08:58 AM   #779
Stazon Splitcoast

Heart

Today is sweet precious Angel Sicily's birthday! She would have been 8. Sending heavenly birthday wishes to my adorable 'adopted' granddaughter.
Old 05-20-2013, 05:06 AM   #780
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Please keep the Zeka family in prayer and everyone who is in the path of all these tornadoes.

Thank you.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:54 AM   #781
Pearl-ExPert

Heart Praying!

Having witnessed the destruction that these storms can do, I pray for safety for all the families in harms way! I pray that the storms pass through quickly and without any bodily harm for those in the areas!

Hugs and Blessings,
Jane
caterinafmig likes this post.
Old 05-21-2013, 06:13 PM   #782
Pearl-ExPert

Default Saddened by the devastation...

So sad to hear that news that the tornado indeed took it's toll on OK. I am just praying that the death toll is the lower of the numbers that they are reporting.

Also praying for the parents of the children who did not make it out of their school alive... just so sad...
Old 05-21-2013, 06:37 PM   #783
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by janiekay View Post
So sad to hear that news that the tornado indeed took it's toll on OK. I am just praying that the death toll is the lower of the numbers that they are reporting.

Also praying for the parents of the children who did not make it out of their school alive... just so sad...

Watching the news and they have lower the death toll numbers somewhat... still is so very heartbreaking especially for the parents of those sweet precious children.
Old 08-13-2013, 01:26 PM   #784
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Goodness for the very first time, I dreamed of Sicily last night and it felt so real.
Old 08-13-2013, 08:35 PM   #785
Pearl-ExPert

Heart It happens!

Quote:
Originally Posted by caterinafmig View Post
Goodness for the very first time, I dreamed of Sicily last night and it felt so real.
Maybe something reminded you of Sweet Sicily yesterday! There could be a number of reasons! Have you looked at Sicily's care page lately to see if her mom posted? Maybe she just needs a little extra love. Please tell her that we all still think of sweet Sicily, and pray for the entire Zeka family-- and you, too, Cat!

Hugs!
Old 08-13-2013, 08:56 PM   #786
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Maybe something reminded you of Sweet Sicily yesterday! There could be a number of reasons! Have you looked at Sicily's care page lately to see if her mom posted? Maybe she just needs a little extra love. Please tell her that we all still think of sweet Sicily, and pray for the entire Zeka family-- and you, too, Cat!

Hugs!
Thanks Jane, did leave a message with Sicily's mommy today to let her know. Sure wish Oklahoma was not so far away from Maryland.

You are such a super sweet lady and God abundantly bless you for all you do!
Old 11-09-2013, 09:12 AM   #787
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Thanksgiving and Christmas are drawing near, please remember the Zeka Family as they continue to miss sweet Sicily. Also, remember all the families who are missing their children as well as the families who are still in the battle with their precious children.
Old 01-07-2014, 06:36 PM   #788
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Please pray for Sicily's family, especially for her mommy and sister. Thank you.
Old 03-21-2014, 10:56 AM   #789
Stazon Splitcoast

Heart

Today marks four years since sweet precious ^^ Sicily ^^ flew to heaven. My heart is with her mommy, Kerry, daddy, Patrick, brothers Corinthian & Elias and sister, Isabella.

This picture was taken when we visited in 2009 - what a sassy stoic pocketful of sunshine, Sicily showed herself to be.
Attached Thumbnails
my-sweet-sicily-.jpg  
janiekay likes this post.
Old 03-22-2014, 06:34 PM   #790
Pearl-ExPert

Default I think of little Sicily every time I hear that song!

Fly swift little angel! You've got a big world to keep an eye on!!!

Thanks for the memory of this sweet angel! Her family and loved ones, including you, are in my thoughts and prayers!

Hugs!
Old 03-22-2014, 08:18 PM   #791
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Fly swift little angel! You've got a big world to keep an eye on!!!

Thanks for the memory of this sweet angel! Her family and loved ones, including you, are in my thoughts and prayers!

Hugs!

Thanks so very much dear friend. So love your caring heart. <3
Old 05-03-2014, 07:39 AM   #792
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Today is "Sicily's Run" in Oklahoma, raising funds for scholarships! What a beautiful legacy for our "Pocket Full of Sunshine".
Old 05-03-2014, 10:24 PM   #793
Pearl-ExPert

Heart Hope the whole town turns out!

That would be a site to see! !!
Old 05-14-2014, 04:11 PM   #794
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Sicily's wonderful mommy, Kerry, is doing a interview with Focus on the Family. Here is the link....

http://www.focusonthefamily.com/popups/media_player.aspx?MediaId={8123E7FC-AAA9-4B55-8ACA-047BE62C2C8D}