Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-12-2013, 12:27 AM   #1
Compulsive Stamper

Default Surgery on the 17th!

Hi ya'll, just had to report that although I am very new here and haven't gotten to talk to many people I just feel so close to so many people just from reading posts. Anyway, have a severly damaged rotor cuff in my right shoulder and will be immobile for a while. He said 6 months till totally healed but I am hoping I can get back to stamping by 8 weeks or so. We will have to see how it goes. I would like to ask for prayers for this to be successful and an answer to end the horrendous pain I've been in for ages. I am scared that I will still have so much pain because I had pain in the shoulder before I did this extra damage to the rotor cuff specifically. So anyway, if you could lift me up in prayer specifically on the 17th I would be so grateful. Oh, also, for my family to pull it together and do what they should do to make this house run smoothly. I have a 23 year old daughter with a 4 year old grandson and a 20 year old son, all live with me. They are the laziest of all kids I know and I usually do everything cause I can't stand to harp with them over it. I know, bad decision, will deal with that later. Anyway, just hope they can pull together and keep the house flowing. Thanks so much ya'll!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 05-12-2013, 11:25 AM   #2
Watercolor Wizard

I will keep you in my thoughts, Lori, and hope all goes well and you recover quickly.

About your family members, you know that saying "You never miss the water, till the well runs dry." Your family is about to find out just how much you do for them. Maybe it will give them all a "wake-up" call. I hope they all pitch in and do their share. They might surprise you - or they might not, lol.

I'm a person who has always done everything for everybody, and it's very hard for me to let others take over. I understand your feelings about this.

Try to just rest and recuperate, and let stuff go while you recover. I've found that dirt, dust and clutter will patiently wait.

I'm wishing the best outcome for you.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Old 05-15-2013, 04:06 AM   #3
Mad Swapper

Lori-I'll send out some prayers for you and for your doctor. Remember, your not just in the doctor's hands but also God's. And that's a good thing! Yes, you will have pain after the surgery but if you follow the post -surgical instructions and not try to do what you can't, you'll come along nicely. And who knows, the kids just may surprise you In prayer and thought-Julie
Old 05-15-2013, 12:52 PM   #4
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Dearest Lori, trusting God to have everything go super smoothly with the surgery and give you a quick recovery.

Sending much love and hugs.