Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-04-2013, 04:22 AM   #1
Cardstock Collector

Send a message via MSN to snugglebunny
Default Starting Over at 48

Hello everyone, My name is Connie and boy do I have something to share. a year ago I met the man of my dreams and we decided that I would move to where he was living and start a life together. Sounds great right... well I hired a moving company to move me from one province to another (2179kms) well that is when the nightmare started. they were late picking things up... left half of my belongings behind (which I found out much later) and then when it was time to deliver the stuff... they dissappeared for 5 months... that's not the end We did finally track them down and that is when all H___ broke loose first they said that they never heard of me and that I was just trying to get money from them, them it was that they had already delivered it to me, then it was that my friends (who supervised the move) stole everything, then they again went back to they never had a contract with me.... 5 more months of fighting with them, calling tv stations, newspapers, Better Business Bureaus, Lawyers, police etc,,, I finally contacted another moving company that tracked down my belongings... low and behold it had been sub-contracted out to another company without my knowledge and my signature was forged. But that is not the end The cost went from 800 to 4300 and I had 24 hours to get the money together or they were getting rid of everything. Well now... I am taking them to Court over this whole mess and hoping to get this all figured out. But in the mean time I have lost everything... my whole life is gone I had a Scrapbooking business all gone all equipment, supplies everything all clothing, furniture and thousands of pictures and photo albums scrapbooked and regular albums...
I have to start all over and this is really causing health issues and major stress.. I am just starting to collect my scrapbooking stuff so if there is anyone out there that can help me start over please let me know Please.. thanks for listening
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-04-2013, 01:50 PM   #2
Embossing Fanatic

I'm so sorry you had such a terrible experience! I thought I'd had a bad move, but it was a stroll in the park compared to yours. I really hope your lawyer is able to get the rest of your belongings back, not to mention your money; it's so unfair that companies are able to rob people and get away with it.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:52 PM   #3
Cardstock Collector

Send a message via MSN to snugglebunny

Hello pippinmctaggart, I see that you are listed as being from Kawartha lakes.... We are practacly neighbours. where in the area are you from as you saw I'm living in Peterborough. Yes this has been an interesting 2 years of my life and I am sure it will be for a bit longer... How long have you lived down here? Do you like it here? what made you move from ________? Talk soon
Connie
Old 01-06-2013, 08:39 AM   #4
Embossing Fanatic

We are indeed nearly neighbours! I'm in Lindsay, and I've been here for about 2 1/2 years now. I was in Hamilton, but the rest of my family is up in this area. My dad got sick about 3 years ago, so I moved up to be nearer to him, and to help out my mom. And it took a while to get used to living in a small town, but I do like it! Now if only there were more jobs available...
Old 01-13-2013, 10:08 AM   #5
Kookie Creator

Hello, Connie. I think it is just terrible that there are nasty people everywhere. I hope things turn around for you. All you can do is move forward from where you are now. !