Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-04-2011, 06:41 PM   #1
Mad Swapper

Default ReLApsE prEVeNtIon- part three!

Hello, my name is Christine!

In June 2007, I was hospitalized for severe depression. After two weeks of being in the hospital I returned home to hundreds of cards and gifts from sister SCS'rs.

Three and a half years later we have a combined growing thread of over 11,100 posts and over 81,500 views, and we are still going strong. WOW! It has to be a record!! {smiles} I also have to believe that all of you have made a difference in many lives--because there are 70,000+ hits by lurkers. LOL {Do the math, 81,500 view and $11,100 posts}.

I have had the privilege of getting to know ladies from all over the US. They are amazing women. I just could not imagine my life without each and everyone of them. I have even got to meet two of them in person.

Each and every day is a gift! As women we all struggle with one thing or another at some time or another. To list a few: depression, anxiety, low self esteem, weight, relationships, finances, loneliness, over-spending, the list goes on and on.

I started Relapse Prevention- because I believe if we work together as women, talking, listening and supporting one another that we can get through our struggles together.

So anyhow, here's to Relapse Prevention part 3!

*this is an open thread, anyone & everyone is welcome!*

**we talk, we listen, we don't judge and we support one another through the good and the bad**

~♥, Christine
♥Journey Coach #87♥
www.christinepennington.com

Last edited by wHeNpiGsFly; 01-04-2011 at 06:48 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-05-2011, 05:56 AM   #2
Gabfest Goddess

Wow, ReLApsE prEVentIon 3!

Happy New Year Ladies!
Old 01-05-2011, 06:08 AM   #3
Stazon Splitcoast

Has it really been 3 1/2 years? Time really does fly by fast. But on the other hand, it seems like we've been friends for forever. I know a lot of us have come and gone and, in my case, have come back.

Christine, hope 2011 will be a healthier year for you. For all of us.
Old 01-05-2011, 06:17 AM   #4
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Hello, Christine, thanks for starting the new thread - so good to hear from you. Sorry to hear about your struggles with physical problems and depression. Can relate, it is difficult but asking God to give you all that you need to overcome - sending much love and hugs.

Sending huge warm wishes for a truly blessed 2011 for everyone!
Old 01-05-2011, 11:52 AM   #5
Stazon Splitcoast

Christine- I am so happy to have found this great group of supporters. Thanks for starting this group. Praying for you to have a blessed 2011.
Happy Wednesday to all!

Joan
Old 01-05-2011, 06:56 PM   #6
Mad Swapper

I am equally as blessed to know all of you! Here's to a new and prosperous year! {cheers}
♥Journey Coach #87♥
Old 01-05-2011, 06:58 PM   #7
Pearl-ExPert

Send a message via Yahoo to Virtue

RP3!!! Wow! Gramma said it best.....time flies, but it does seem like we've been friends forever. I'm so grateful to have met you in person, Christine. I hope to see you again soon, and to meet some of our other SCS sisters as well.

Although 2010 was full of hard times, with PTSD and depression for me, I count it as a good year. My latest DGS was born in March, I finally found the right meds for me, and I came to a place of forgiveness for my Mom. I start 2011 full of hope and love of life, and pray the same for all of you.

Hugs,
Sue
Old 01-06-2011, 02:25 AM   #8
Stazon Splitcoast

I hate to start a downward trend. I am very distraught. I should have seen this coming. My boss has been nice to me the past few weeks. My work position has changed. I have many new duties to get finished in the same amount of time. This is the 4th time this has happened since August. I dozed off and on all night but never really slept. Please think positive thoughts. If I didn't need this job or the prospects of a new job in the near future, I would quit. I am writing this before I leave for work this morning.

Joan
Old 01-06-2011, 06:58 AM   #9
Pearl-ExPert

Joan ~ I just said a prayer (and will continue to do so) for your job situation, your peace of mind, financial state, and for God to put you where He needs you most. I pray for the rest of your family as well. I know this can't be easy on your DH either. BTW - Did your DS finish his trip in the van alright?

Take all your troubles to God in prayer. He is always there to listen, and He loves us unconditionally. Even when we whine and cry! He feels your pain and wants to bless you with His peace.

{{{{{{{{{{Big Hugs}}}}}}}}}}

~Sue
Old 01-06-2011, 08:16 AM   #10
Stazon Splitcoast

Joan, I hope you got through your work day with your sanity intact. I'll be praying for you.
Old 01-06-2011, 10:42 AM   #11
Stazon Splitcoast

Well, work is done for the day... Amen. Things were going pretty well.. My boss was even nice to me for a while. I should have known that the other shoe would fall on me. That is the only time she is nice. Our unit is losing money daily. I was told today that my hours would be cut again. I just can't work fast enough. What about my co-workers? Sorry for ranting... I am in tears. I need to dwell on what a couple of the kids told me today. The said that I was awesome and I was the only one who could try and do two people's job. I thanked them for their positive thoughts. Just wish my boss had that view.

Joan
Old 01-06-2011, 10:50 AM   #12
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyj View Post
Well, work is done for the day... Amen. Things were going pretty well.. My boss was even nice to me for a while. I should have known that the other shoe would fall on me. That is the only time she is nice. Our unit is losing money daily. I was told today that my hours would be cut again. I just can't work fast enough. What about my co-workers? Sorry for ranting... I am in tears. I need to dwell on what a couple of the kids told me today. The said that I was awesome and I was the only one who could try and do two people's job. I thanked them for their positive thoughts. Just wish my boss had that view.

Joan, so so very sorry - you are awesome so hold on to those positive thoughts. Remember you are loved by God and He will do battle for you in His way and in His time. Sending much love and hugs.
Old 01-06-2011, 02:22 PM   #13
Stazon Splitcoast

Isn't that just like some bosses to give you lots of work to be by a certain deadline and then cut your hours because you don't work fast enough. Who's going to do the extra work that you couldn't get done to begin with. I'll rant right along with you.
((((((((((HUGS))))))))))
Old 01-06-2011, 03:25 PM   #14
Stazon Splitcoast

A woman I work with is going on maternity leave and wasn't coming back. She was just not going to replace her.

Joan
Old 01-06-2011, 04:11 PM   #15
Mad Swapper

So sorry that you are going through this Joan--does not sound like fun at all. I will pray that things get better. Big hug!
♥Journey Coach #87♥
Old 01-07-2011, 04:14 AM   #16
Polyshrink Goddess

WELL JOAN YOU ALREADY KNOW WHAT I THINK OF YOU AHOLE BOSS....HANG IN THERE, I AM SOO POSITIVE GOD HAS SOMETHING BETTER FOR YOU JUST AROUND THE CORNER....SOMEONE TOLD ME THE OTHER DAY, THAT GOD IS SO TIRED OF THE DARK SOULS IN THE WORLD, AND IN THE NEXT LITTLE WHILE ALOT OF THEM WILL BE GOING HOME...SO ALL THE LIGHT SOULS CAN DO THE REAL WORK OF THE LORD....JUST SHARING WHAT WAS TOLD TO ME... HANG IN THERE!!!!

BLESSINGS
LINDA
Old 01-07-2011, 10:16 AM   #17
Pearl-ExPert

Hi ladies!

I'm at sbux by myself for the afternoon while our cleaning lady does her thing. I like to stay out of her way & it gives me an excuse to spend the day frittering away time in town (instead of my usual rush to get errands done).

I cleaned out my dresser the other day & found an old night shirt I've had for nearly 30 years. I love it so much, but it's pretty threadbare & has lots of memories attached to it that I'd rather not revisit. So.......I decided I'm going to use it as a pattern to make a new one. It's very simple, but I haven't sewn in YEARS. Today I bought some material & thread. I sure hope it will be a pleasant experience.

Joan ~ I'm thankful for the kind words the students give you. As for your boss.......I pray that her eyes will be opened to your worth, her heart will be softened, and her brain will start thinking logically! Sorry if that's mean, but she's just not making any sense.

Gotta go get some more coffee........

Hugs,
Sue
Old 01-07-2011, 12:39 PM   #18
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks for all the feedback. The VP of the company I work for was a work today. He asked how I was doing. I asked if he wanted the truth. he said he did. I started to talk and my boss appeared there in an instant. She did tell him that kudos went out to me for trying to run two lines thru my register. I almost passed out. She never says any thing nice. I tried to talk more and she just took over the conversation. I think she was afraid I might really say what I think. Many of the students are so kind to me. That is what keeps me going.

Joan
Old 01-07-2011, 12:47 PM   #19
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Ladies - I have not been keeping up on this thread as I would like! You are all such a great, supportive group of women. I admire you all. You always accept me back even when I fall by the wayside!

I hope and pray that 2011 (how did we get to that year already?) will be a wonderful one for all of you. Prayers and hugs to all!
Old 01-07-2011, 12:48 PM   #20
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Sue - that is a great avatar picture!!!!
Old 01-07-2011, 01:01 PM   #21
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by jor View Post
Ladies - I have not been keeping up on this thread as I would like! You are all such a great, supportive group of women. I admire you all. You always accept me back even when I fall by the wayside!

I hope and pray that 2011 (how did we get to that year already?) will be a wonderful one for all of you. Prayers and hugs to all!
Hope you have a super blessed 2011 - we love you!
Old 01-07-2011, 01:03 PM   #22
Gabfest Goddess

Right now could smack DH!! Oh he is aggravating me, so glad DD went to a friends house if he opens and closes that door one more time! Uggghh - I hate it when he is this tired and crabby. I think I am going to go to my room and close the door. Aunt Flo is here too and that is not helping my mood.

Hope everyone has a great evening!
Old 01-07-2011, 01:03 PM   #23
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks Michele!
Old 01-07-2011, 01:15 PM   #24
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

On another thread, we've all been discussing the fact that we have GPS this week - Grumpy Pants Syndrome. . . . and Aunt Flo is nearby, too. UGH!
Old 01-07-2011, 04:23 PM   #25
Stazon Splitcoast

Michelle, I can't say that DH is bugging me today, but I am tired of trying to study and have to answer the phone when they are for him. It's really aggravating when he's sitting right next to the phone. Also, I am so glad I don't get visits from Aunt Flo anymore.
Old 01-07-2011, 05:14 PM   #26
Stazon Splitcoast

Michele- Sorry that you are having problems right now. I agree with Debbie about no more Aunt Flo visits.
Joanne- glad to see you over here.

Joan
Old 01-08-2011, 04:27 AM   #27
Polyshrink Goddess

HEY EVERYONE...

MICHELLE HANG IN THERE, AS I ALWAYS SAY ITS A MAN THING.....THINGS ARE MUCH BETTER HERE, MY DH WENT OUT AND BOUGHT ME A NEW ENGAGEMENT RING....HE IS WORKING AROUND THE HOUSE, AND ACTUALLY SEEMS LIKE THE MAN I MARRIED...I THINK IT HAS TO DO WITH THE FACT HIS BEST FRIEND HAD A STROKE 2DAYS BEFORE CHRISTMAS...HE IS ONLY 52....IT HAS AFFECTED HIS RIGHT SIDE AND HIS VISION...THIS MAN TAKES EXCELLANT PICTURES...AND LOVES TO LOOK AT THE STARS....IT WILL BE A LONG ROAD BACK...SOMETIMES WHEN BAD THINGS HAPPEN TO ONE PERSON, IT WAKES ANOTHER UP!!!!! CHRISTMAS AT MY DADS WAS WHAT I EXPECTED...

I HOPE EVERYONE HAS A WONDERFUL WEEKEND....

JOAN KEEP YOUR HEAD UP....REMEMBER WHAT COMES AROUND GOES AROUND....AND YOUR BOSS IS NOT FOULING ANYONE....

BLESSINGS TO ALL
LINDA
Old 01-08-2011, 04:31 AM   #28
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks Linda- I know it in my head but the heart is having a hard time getting it!

Joan
Old 01-08-2011, 07:29 AM   #29
Stazon Splitcoast

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day. It rained here last night so now everything is one big, huge, bumpy ice pond. And we're in a winter advisory with more snow coming our way. Good day to stay holed up, which I can since it's my day off. Spring can't get here quick enough for me. I want to see green grass again.
Old 01-08-2011, 04:11 PM   #30
Gabfest Goddess

I am just so sad tonight and I am feeling the overload of all kinds of emotions. I know Aunt Flo is not helping, but I just feel so crappy! Just a cry night I guess. . . .
Old 01-08-2011, 04:23 PM   #31
Stazon Splitcoast

Debbie- I like to skate but only at the skating rink! We need a little less precipitation in the north.
Michele- I am sorry... sending you {{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}

Joan
Old 01-08-2011, 06:26 PM   #32
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood17 View Post
I am just so sad tonight and I am feeling the overload of all kinds of emotions. I know Aunt Flo is not helping, but I just feel so crappy! Just a cry night I guess. . . .

So sorry, Michele sweetie, wish I could come and hug you - sending much love.
Old 01-09-2011, 07:32 AM   #33
Stazon Splitcoast

This forum has been pretty quiet lately. I pray that everyone is okay!

Joan
Old 01-09-2011, 07:42 PM   #34
Mad Swapper

Good evening ladies.

Been busy rearranging my craft room for the 100th time! LOL Also boxed up some stuff to take to one of local stamping/scrapping store to sell at the garage sale this week. I won $1200 in ink products for a card contest so I am trying to sell some of it. I have more than enough for a lifetime for what I am keeping. ;o)

Today my Packers won! Whoop, whoop--look out bc we will be heading to the superbowl--sorry Sue! It's good to have faith right? LOL

I thought I would say hi and then good night before heading to bed. Trying to stay in touch more. Hoping you all have a wonderful week.

Christine
♥Journey Coach #87♥
Old 01-09-2011, 07:56 PM   #35
Pearl-ExPert

Christine ~ Don't be sorry for me! We were actually rooting for the Packers (choke, choke) today to get the Eagles out of the playoffs. We didn't play this weekend because we earned a first round bye. Perhaps we'll meet again and true justice will be served! (heehee)

Love you!

Hugs,
Sue

P.S. ~ After rooting for your team, I can't get that awful taste of regurgitated cheese out of my mouth!
Old 01-10-2011, 06:39 AM   #36
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtue View Post
Christine ~ Don't be sorry for me! We were actually rooting for the Packers (choke, choke) today to get the Eagles out of the playoffs. We didn't play this weekend because we earned a first round bye. Perhaps we'll meet again and true justice will be served! (heehee)

Love you!

Hugs,
Sue

P.S. ~ After rooting for your team, I can't get that awful taste of regurgitated cheese out of my mouth!
Sue, the ps was very funny - nothing against the Packers just thought the tease was funny! Since my Giants are so out of it I am now rooting for the Jets, DH is a huge Jets fan and they won by the skin of their teeth. Well that's how they usually do it in either situation good or bad. I always say with them you have to watch the last 2 minutes of the game, lol Oh and I dislike the Eagles VERY much!!
Old 01-10-2011, 07:11 AM   #37
Stazon Splitcoast

Michelle, I hope you're feeling a lot better.

It snowed again last night. Don't have time to shovel before work, so guess what I'll be doing when I get home this afternoon.
Old 01-10-2011, 12:02 PM   #38
Stazon Splitcoast

Debbie- You and I are getting tired of shoveling. We are getting snow today and into tomorrow!
Michele- Hope things are getting better for you. I have been thinking about your DD. How is she doing? I am not a Jets fan.
Christine- I am not a Packer fan.
Sue- I am not a Bears fan. Hope you are doing well. How is that little guy?

I guess you ladies will have to figure out who I root for!

Joan
Old 01-10-2011, 06:16 PM   #39
Pearl-ExPert

Joan ~ Are you a Vikings fan?

~Sue
Old 01-10-2011, 06:24 PM   #40
Pearl-ExPert

Hi ladies!

We are expected to get 3-6" of snow tonight and tomorrow. That's sort of a lot for us (quit laughing, you northerners!). Luckily, we finally got our gas log installed in the fireplace today. So, if the power goes out and we have to run on the generator, we can stay warm (in one room at least) with the fireplace. We don't have a generator big enough to run the geothermal heat/ac system.

I got a pedicure today (only the 2nd in my life). It was nice. They gave me complimentary wine (I had 2 glasses!), and a paraffin dip too. My toe nails are dark chocolate brown now......not that anyone but DH will see them. LOL Makes me feel good though.

Went to stamp camp tonight too. So, today was a very good day. Tomorrow is a lazy day at home, watching it snow and drinking hot cocoa. Mmmm!

Sweet dreams to all!

Hugs,
Sue