Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-23-2011, 01:47 PM   #321
Stazon Splitcoast

Ruth Ann- I've been thinking about you! So glad that you checked in with us. I know about the feeling disconnected. Hugs....

Joan
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 02-23-2011, 04:35 PM   #322
Crimping Master

Deb,those cards are WONDERFUL!!! Will have to give it a spin. Would like to do it with one of my next classes,one of my GF's just finished a quilt all in shades of blue but the quilt squares were all Mn related,...it was so cool,differant things like the state fair,the wintercarnival,things that are made in mn,other events,...really cool. Would love to do something like that so I'll have to fool with it over the next few weeks.
Thanks Deb,Michele,and Ruthann.
Joan love seeing your bright and shining face.
Sue,where are you???
Off to lay down,my stomache has been giving me a bad time lately. Have a good eve all.
Old 02-23-2011, 05:34 PM   #323
Stazon Splitcoast

Barbiejo- the quilt sounds beautiful!

Joan
Old 02-23-2011, 06:32 PM   #324
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnsfldmom View Post
Debbie, imagine how dumb I felt when I showed DH and he asked if I used the NEW cricut..,,ughhhhhhh.....when he picks up on it quicker than I do, something is wrong!!

Michelle, tell DD if she wants to meet up again in the spring it would be great, maybe this time we can get there a little earlier and do lunch too again!n I'm so glad to see how well she's doing, you must be so proud of her!
Don't feel bad. I made 5 of those cards before I thought to cut them out with the silhouette. If I'm only going to make one, I use my punch. I finally gave my sister her card tonight. She was out of town on her birthday. Everyone on SCS got to see it before she did. Since she's a quilter, she really liked it.
Old 02-23-2011, 06:36 PM   #325
Stazon Splitcoast

Barbi, if I didn't live so far away, I'd be happy to come to help you with the class. If you use the grid paper like Jenna does in her tutorial, it's real easy.

Did someone not tell Mother Nature that it's supposed to start warming up now that it's getting closer to spring? It is so cold here again. Had enough snow last night to run the snowblower. DH had it all done before I got home this afternoon.
Old 02-23-2011, 07:17 PM   #326
Pearl-ExPert

Send a message via Yahoo to Virtue

Hi all!

I'm here, and feeling fine. Well, except for trying to get used to new glasses. They're trifocals, and much more of a difference between close-up and distance than before. I was running errands all afternoon, and by the time I got home I had a horrible headache. Skipped choir practice. Took pills and a nap, then felt a bit better. It's mostly hard on me when I'm moving (like driving and such). If I'm just watching tv it's fine. What an excuse, eh?

Our Borders book store is closing, so I went and put my name on a list for some potential card racks. Their liquidator will decide what to sell and for how much, and they don't know when yet. They'll call me. I hope I get what I want, and it's not too expensive.

Now, I just need to build my stock of cards! I really need to stock up on masculine cards. My SU demo always has us making feminine cards. I've even asked her specifically for masculine cards before. Oh well, I just need to get to work on them. Need to start playing with my Silhouette too. I feel bad because I've neglected it for so long.

DH and I saw Big Momma's: Like Father, Like Son yesterday. It was really good. Barbi, it might be one to see with your boys if you still do that.

Ruthann ~ Glad to see you post. I go through periods of not posting too (as you can see). It's fine......as long as we don't lose you!

All our snow has melted, but we're supposed to get more tomorrow night. We'll see.

I'd better start winding down for bedtime now..........

Sleepy hugs,
Sue
Old 02-23-2011, 07:19 PM   #327
Pearl-ExPert

Oh yeah.....my shingles have cleared up. No more ear bandaid! Yay!
Old 02-24-2011, 02:41 AM   #328
Polyshrink Goddess

Thanks for the welcome backs!

Sue so glad to hear about the shingles.

Stocking up on cards???? How in the world do you ladies do it? I can barely get done what I need to do, and even that I have a hard time getting done.

Have a great day all.
Old 02-24-2011, 06:08 AM   #329
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Debbie, imagine how dumb I felt when I showed DH and he asked if I used the NEW cricut..,,ughhhhhhh.....when he picks up on it quicker than I do, something is wrong!!

Michelle, tell DD if she wants to meet up again in the spring it would be great, maybe this time we can get there a little earlier and do lunch too again!n I'm so glad to see how well she's doing, you must be so proud of her!
Would LOVE to get together again! Thanks DD is doing well and I am VERY proud of her she is really growing and it's nice to see. She also tries to keep her and I time and will humor me too - she is a good kid. She cares about my well being. I would like to get there earlier and do lunch again! Something to look forward to! Next time will follow your directions not mapquest!
Old 02-24-2011, 06:20 AM   #330
Gabfest Goddess

Well today is weigh in day at work for WW, I think I did well - but the scale will tell, ha Am excited and nervous all in one cause I want to have done well!

I hope everyone has a great day today - it's 45 here and beautiful blue sky with sun shining! I walked in holding my coat - which always gets me some looks.
Old 02-24-2011, 07:07 AM   #331
Stazon Splitcoast

Michele, keep in mind that the scale isn't he only way to measure success. There will be times you may gain a little, but if your clothes are fitting better or are getting too big, you know you're succeeding.

It's -1 right now. The high was supposed to be -8 so it is a little warmer. I keep telling myself that I will get to see some green eventually.
Old 02-24-2011, 12:34 PM   #332
Gabfest Goddess

Gramma thanks for the reminder! I know it is such a mind game losing weight, ups and downs. But today did go well I was down 2.4 lbs. - I'll take that!
Old 02-24-2011, 01:23 PM   #333
Stazon Splitcoast

Michele- Great news!
Sue- I am glad the shingles are healed.

I have been trying to cut a perfect square 3/4" to make a quilt card. I guess my cutter isn't square.

I am working tomorrow. The girls hockey team is moving into the semi-finals in the state tournament.

Joan
Old 02-24-2011, 06:37 PM   #334
Stazon Splitcoast

Way to go, Michele. I only lost 4 oz. this week, but at least it was a loss. I was sure I gained.

Joan, do you have a 3/4" punch? If so, use that. I don't care how straight my trimmer cuts, I still manage to get a little off every time. Sometimes, I don't think the paper is cut straight to begin with.
Old 02-25-2011, 02:37 AM   #335
Polyshrink Goddess

Debbie, I so agree about the paper not being cut straight to begin with. I thought it was just me and it really frosts me when it's off!
Rainy here today. Some ice in the area. Could have used a 2 hr delay!

Hope everyone has a good day, and it's Friday, so that's a start!

Michele, great job!!!
Old 02-25-2011, 02:49 AM   #336
Stazon Splitcoast

I didn't sleep well last night. However, I am off to work and then off to judge the regional science fair until 9PM.
I agree about the paper not being square!
Have a good day!

Joan
Old 02-25-2011, 05:14 AM   #337
Stazon Splitcoast

We have our subzero temps back. It's -25 right now, but no snow.

I've been so used to having Fridays off and working Mondays. Now it's the other way around and it's going to take time to get used to that change. Of course, until tax season is over, I won't really have my Mondays off, I just don't get paid.
Old 02-25-2011, 07:12 AM   #338
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by grammatroll View Post
We have our subzero temps back. It's -25 right now, but no snow.

I've been so used to having Fridays off and working Mondays. Now it's the other way around and it's going to take time to get used to that change. Of course, until tax season is over, I won't really have my Mondays off, I just don't get paid.

Yikes! -25 is sooooooo cold!
Old 02-25-2011, 07:30 AM   #339
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi girls! Nice to see so many posting!

It is a really rainy day here and high winds coming in later. UGH. The weather forecasters have already been warning about downed trees and power lines. We had a lot of problems last week. With the ground even more saturated this week, I'm sure it will be worse. UGH.

Michele - good luck with WW!!! I have to get back on track. I checked out a gym yesterday. Friends of mine (twin girls) have offered me ten sessions with a personal trainer. They were both heavy girls and have lost a lot of weight - they look great. They heard I was considering lapband surgery and wanted me to try this. I am so NOT a gym person. I left there very stressed and uncomfortable. However, I will try it. If I don't like it after ten sessions, I will move on.
Old 02-25-2011, 09:27 AM   #340
Stazon Splitcoast

Joanne, I'm not a gym person either. You might want to check out some dvds by Leslie Sansone. They are walk at home dvds and she does give you a good workout in the comfort of your own home. Not mention how much cheaper they are.

It's warmed up to -18. The cold is keeping most people away from the library today. It's real slow right now. I have nothing to do. It'll probably pick up more this afternoon I'm sure. The time is gowing so slow and I've been here for less than 1 1/2 hrs. Keep thinking of all the things I want to do at home.

VSN is this weekend. I usually don't get to participate but I'm going to try this weekend.

Hope you all have a good day.
Old 02-25-2011, 02:11 PM   #341
Pearl-ExPert

Hi ladies!

Woke up with a migraine this morning. Had to shoot myself up with Imitrex. It works though......worth the initial pain of the shot. Did laundry, my last two bank statements, and one of my credit card statements today. Also did 35 minutes on the elliptical. My weight has plateaued, so I thought I'd better start adding to my time. Hope I start losing again.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Hugs,
Sue
Old 02-25-2011, 02:18 PM   #342
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtue View Post
Hi ladies!

Woke up with a migraine this morning. Had to shoot myself up with Imitrex. It works though......worth the initial pain of the shot. Did laundry, my last two bank statements, and one of my credit card statements today. Also did 35 minutes on the elliptical. My weight has plateaued, so I thought I'd better start adding to my time. Hope I start losing again.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Hugs,
Sue

Sue, used imitrex when I suffered with migraines - it is amazing stuff. You has a very productive day.
Old 02-25-2011, 07:45 PM   #343
Stazon Splitcoast

Sue, hope you're doing much better. Migraines are a b***c.

I've been trying to participate in the VSN, but I keep getting interrupted. First, Vince decides he needs to use my computer so he can order himself a computer online. I need my computer to use my silhouette and to catch the challenges. Almost 3 hrs. after the challenges start, I'm finally able to start on them. I got the first one done and uploaded. Got the second card done and in the middle of uploading it when ds's gf calls. Then Sheri had to call. VSN started 5 1/2 hrs ago and I only got two challenges done.

Yesterday, the University of Nebraska-Lincoln East Campus and Weleyan University had a lockdown because a facutly member saw a man outside of one of the buildings on the east campus and he looked like he may have had a handgun. They were locked down for 90 min. and still have not found the person in question. They're not positive this person even had a handgun. Sheri wasn't on a different campus at the time and nowhere near the east campus. Today, there was another lock down because someone called to say there was someone outside of a building with a gun. That one was a prank. They traced the call to a phone booth, the person who called 911 wouldn't stay on the line to give any details at all, and Sheri and at least 3 other people were standing outside that building and there was no one around with a gun. Sheri said it's pretty tense on campus because no one knows if something might happen in the near future. Who knows if these incidents weren't a test to see how good the security is. The campus police were right on top of things without any hesitation.
Old 02-26-2011, 01:37 PM   #344
Gabfest Goddess

Wow gramma thank God nothing happened am very thankful that someone at least saw the guy. Better safe so that was good someone was paying attention.

We did the lock in at church and it was abosolutely wonderful there were 3 little ones (that's what I was calling them) 11 and 10 and during the scrapbook time one of the young girls was so cute she said she was so glad that she came! This was a great idea! It was so great and out of the mouth of babes! I was personally blessed that my section went well and all the girls got so into it even the 18 year olds.. Was so happy about that.

I didn't get a lot of sleep last night hoping to go to bed early today! Took a quick nap but still tired!

Hope everyone has a great evening!
Michele
Old 02-26-2011, 01:43 PM   #345
Stazon Splitcoast

Michele, glad you had fun with the girls. It's always fun showing kids something new.

I've been trying to do some of the challenges for the Feb. VSN. I only did 5 out of the 11 challenges posted so far. I did soot stamping for the first time. I'm not sure about that one. I might try it again.

Need to clean up my mess before I do any more challenges. It looks like a tornado went through here. I got to the point that I was losing things right after setting them down. Still don't know how they could get buried within seconds.

Hope you're all enjoying your weekend.
Old 02-26-2011, 01:48 PM   #346
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi girls. I was in my stamp room doing a little bit of cleaning up and then some stamping. I have to figure out a way to organize so I can be more productive when I am in there.

I am not motivated.
Old 02-26-2011, 03:45 PM   #347
Stazon Splitcoast

Joanne, if you find the best way to organize your stuff, please let me know. I finally gave up on organization. I'm always forgetting where I got stuff and it ends up in a new home. I had to stop working on VSN challenges to clean up. I would put something down only to loose it.
Old 02-26-2011, 05:35 PM   #348
Polyshrink Goddess

Michele, Imagine that, YOU showing someone how to scrapbook!! How's your scrapbook coming???
Old 02-26-2011, 05:40 PM   #349
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Michele, Imagine that, YOU showing someone how to scrapbook!! How's your scrapbook coming???
I can cook too! HAHAHA But not something I show people either (or not much, lol) BUT I did cook a lasanga in the crock pot and have done 4 scrapbook pages done! hehehe
Old 02-27-2011, 06:00 AM   #350
Polyshrink Goddess

Wow!! I'm proud of you! I wouldn't show anyone the cooking either, if I had the choice. LOL
Old 02-27-2011, 06:05 AM   #351
Stazon Splitcoast

I have taught cooking lessons to Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts in the past. I love to cook. Nothing fancy like Liz, Jennifer and others. I just cook down home everyday foods. My mom taught me when I was very young by age 7 I was making complete meals including dessert.

Another cool day in Minnesota. It is 9 degrees right now.

Joan
Old 02-27-2011, 03:41 PM   #352
Gabfest Goddess

WOW Joan, cooking since 7 - that is impressive. My dad used to get upset with my mom cause she would just do it for me. Being the baby had its perks. lol

Boy the weekend flew by! Sue I hope your feeling better!

Joanne, Leslie Sanson - you would like her video and she is a Christian. Very good and easy to do and then you can kick it up when your ready.

The ezcema is acting up and I am NOT happy right now. I feel like I could itch off my skin, big day at work tomorrow a 2 day meeting starts that my boss is in charge of I so hope everything goes well.

Hugs to all have a blessed evening!
Old 02-28-2011, 03:59 PM   #353
Gabfest Goddess

Well DD turned 14 today. I got home from work and took her for her favorite Chinese food dinner! I love that little girl so much! Growing up is hard though!

Wow the thread is really quiet! I hope everyone is doing well and has a great Monday night!
Old 02-28-2011, 04:02 PM   #354
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood17 View Post
Well DD turned 14 today. I got home from work and took her for her favorite Chinese food dinner! I love that little girl so much! Growing up is hard though!

Wow the thread is really quiet! I hope everyone is doing well and has a great Monday night!

Wow, 14! Sending big happy birthday wishes to the birthday girl.
Old 02-28-2011, 04:23 PM   #355
Gabfest Goddess

Thanks Cat!!
Old 02-28-2011, 04:24 PM   #356
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy birthday to your DD. I could live on Chinese food.

Had a full day of taxes scheduled today. My first 2 appointments didn't show up. Actually my first appointment did show up just before 10 am but I didn't know that person wasn't going to show. I didn't mind sitting around reading. Then I ran behind this afternoon because I had some questions and had to wait for phone calls. I was only half an hour behind.
Old 02-28-2011, 04:44 PM   #357
Stazon Splitcoast

Michele- Happy Birthday to your DD. It is hard to watch them grow up.

Hi to everyone!

Joan
Old 03-01-2011, 06:18 AM   #358
Crimping Master

Hello Ladies,

WOW things are quiet,...the repair guy left for my dryer and gave it a shock and it's running again,...has to hang in there a while until I'm done paying for my carpet,...it's always something.

Joan,you can come over and cook any time,...ick!!! I'll clean up.

Michele,happy BD to DD!!! How is WW going?

DS applied for a job at my work we are waiting for him to hear,hope he gets it. I think the responcibility would do him good.

Went and ran errands yesterday,was gone all day. Met DH for lunch and did craft store stops,had to get bulk envelopes and tried somewhere new. Hit Joannes too and used a coupon on a paper holder. Got a spring tablecloth that I thought may fit,...did not,...so sad it was really pretty. Oh well will take back later in the week. Need to stamp today, have to get rolling on projects for my next class.

That's the skinny here,...hope all is well,...have a good day.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:13 AM   #359
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning. I'm at work right now. We've only been open for 10 min. and I'm already bored. It turned real cold here again. And it's snowing again. Someone's coming. Gotta go.
Old 03-02-2011, 12:46 PM   #360
Polyshrink Goddess

Michele, Tell Jenn Happy Birthday from Kaits and me!!