Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-15-2011, 01:16 PM   #281
Crimping Master

Gramma,my heart goes out to your daughter,...I'll pray for her!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 02-15-2011, 02:38 PM   #282
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks Joanne and Joan.
Old 02-16-2011, 06:49 AM   #283
Gabfest Goddess

Good morning ladies!

Wishing everyone a happy hump day!

Just a real quick hello - just thinking of you lovely ladies!

Michele
Old 02-16-2011, 07:04 AM   #284
Stazon Splitcoast

Morning, Michele.

The sun is shining here. It's so nice to see it. It's been a long, cold winter. Temps are dropping again. Snow is prediceted for tonight and tomorrow. Most of our snow is gone and the grass is showing.

I don't know if this made national news or not, but the other night Amtrak had a very unruly passenger onboard. When he was told to settle down, he threatened the train with a bomb. So they had to stop and evacuate the whole train. All freight trains were held up all night until the Amtrak train could be searched. It was a false alarm. The town they stopped in is on one of the reservations just before Glacier Park. I wouldn't want to be in that guy's shoes right now.

Talked to Sheri last night. She's doing better. Keeping busy so she doesn't have time to think. She went to the gym at the school and climbed the wall for the first time in months. I'm glad she's moving forward and not dwelling on her loss. Of course, the Valium is helping.

Have a great day!
Old 02-16-2011, 07:20 AM   #285
Gabfest Goddess

Deb, glad that Sherry is moving forward and doing some things that she enjoys that is a good sign. It has to be hard on everyone! Praying for all!

Oh and snow, it's melting I saw some grass and I was so thrilled! We are supposed to have a 50 degree day soon! woot woot!

I wouldn't want to be the guy that was on that train! People are so stupid sometimes!
Old 02-16-2011, 06:43 PM   #286
Stazon Splitcoast

I agree with Michele- So glad that Sherry is taking care of herself. Still praying for her.
Old 02-16-2011, 07:19 PM   #287
Pearl-ExPert

Send a message via Yahoo to Virtue

Shingles on my ear again. I went to the doc today so he could do a culture just to make doubly sure that's what it is. I have no doubt whatsoever. Been living with it for over 30 years. He had to puncture one of the blisters to get liquid for the culture (owwwweeeeee), so now I have to wear a bandaid on my ear. Very stylish!

Sleep tight all!

Hugs,
Sue
Old 02-16-2011, 07:47 PM   #288
Stazon Splitcoast

Hope it clears up soon, Sue.
Old 02-17-2011, 06:46 AM   #289
Gabfest Goddess

Sue, sorry about those shingles! IF you want some extra style - those designer band aids with Hello Kitty are just the best or go funky with the rainbow ones! Feel better

Starting weight watchers at work today! well first meeting is today, then food shopping tonight official kick off for me is tomorrow. It was a great deal 50% off and if you go to 15 of the 18 meetings my company pays the rest for you. So the program would be free thought that was so very cool - now I just gotta do the work part of it! HA, but need to do something. Plus meetings are here at work. DD and I will go through recipes and stuff tonight and pick some crock pot ones so that will be easier to do.

I hope everyone is getting some slightly nicer weather today it is 51 here and the sun is peaking through some but I saw grass today! woot woot! I think all the dark snow and cold has really got me more anxious for Spring then ever before!

Hugs to all,
Michele
Old 02-17-2011, 06:51 AM   #290
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning ladies!!

Gramma - glad that your daughter is moving forward. How far along was she? I'm sure you told us, but I don't remember. My first pregnancy ended in a miscarriage - I was only 10 or 11 weeks.

It is 10:30 and it is already 54 degrees outside!!! Tomorrow, it could get close to 70! I love the sunshine. It does help with mood, too!
Old 02-17-2011, 07:38 AM   #291
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by jor View Post
Good morning ladies!!

Gramma - glad that your daughter is moving forward. How far along was she? I'm sure you told us, but I don't remember. My first pregnancy ended in a miscarriage - I was only 10 or 11 weeks.

It is 10:30 and it is already 54 degrees outside!!! Tomorrow, it could get close to 70! I love the sunshine. It does help with mood, too!
Joanne, I am so excited about some warmth and sunshine! Enjoy it!
Old 02-17-2011, 09:19 AM   #292
Stazon Splitcoast

Joanne, Sheri was at the tail end of her first trimester.

It's getting cold again, 7° with windchills below zero. The 40-50 temps were nice while they lasted. Had some snow last night but not much. Looks like it's going to stay cold for a week or more.

I just got back from getting a haircut. It always makes me feel like a new person.

Finally found out my boss hired the person I hoped for. Nancy is a great person, and she has all the right credentials. She's a school librarian right now so she can't start with us until June; which actually works out for us budget-wise since July starts our fiscal year. There won't be much training to for her since she already knows our new computer system (she's on the same one) and has worked for me on a couple Saturdays. One of our other part time people is the high school's librarian. She didn't want the job and I'm glad. She can be a little ditzy sometimes.

Hope you all have a great day. Enjoy your warmer weather.
Old 02-17-2011, 05:53 PM   #293
Stazon Splitcoast

Debbie- I am glad that the work situation is okay for you!
Sue- Ouch.,.. shingles... my whole back and side are hurting just thinking about them.
I will be gone until Monday evening. I don't think my sister has internet access. Take care. I'll be thinking about you!
Old 02-17-2011, 05:55 PM   #294
Stazon Splitcoast

Have a good weekend, Joan.
Old 02-17-2011, 11:50 PM   #295
Gabfest Goddess

Joan hope you have a great time with your sister!

Wow, have been up since 2:15 DD was unable to sleep so I got her to sleep and now I have been up!

But at least it's Friday just have to get through today at work and first day on WW, I at least went food shopping last night and got some "stuff" so I am set for the day! Gonna try to hit the gym tonight after work with DD and see if that helps too!

I hope everyone has a great day!

Michele
Old 02-19-2011, 08:59 PM   #296
Stazon Splitcoast

It's pretty quiet around here. How is everyone?

I found out yesterday that the person I thought was hired for the new job at the library turned it down. She didn't want to take a cut in pay and I can't say that I blame her. However, the person I didn't want to get hired did. I have nothing against her personally, I just can't see her taking over as library director when my boss retires next year. She's just too shy for the job. People will walk all over her. I guess time will tell if she can do the job or not. It's harder and harder for someone my age to find a good job with benefits these days. I'll just keep hanging in there.
Old 02-20-2011, 07:55 PM   #297
Crimping Master

Hello all,

Deb,so glad Sherry is staying busy,...sometimes things on the back burner are best,then you deal with them as your able. Who does the hiring at the library? Do you not have any input?

Sue,you could start a trend with band aids. Sorry about the need for them. You do sound on the up and up tho.

Michele,did you rest this weekend? How is the WW program going?

Had stamp class on Friday,made for a fatigued Sat,were supposed to get a ton of snow today,...have 3 inches now,...MSP has 13,...better them then us. The boys and I are off tomorrow, so they will be shoveling. I have cards to finish, I always make extras when I do class so I have something for a door prize the next month.

Well am pooped,took DS for a drive today,he needs behind the wheel practice,...OH MY!!!!
He did not do too bad, we did several parking lots then hit the main drag. It was early enough that there was not a lot of traffic so that was good for both of us. More practice needed!!!

Have a good night all!!!
Old 02-20-2011, 09:10 PM   #298
Stazon Splitcoast

Barbi, the library director does the hiring. Time will tell what happens in the future. The Foundation Board hires the library director. I'll stick it out until I can retire. Unless the railroad changes things, when I turn 60 I'm supposed to receive half of what Vince gets. I think I can hang in there for another 3 1/2 years. I am still working on my medical transcription course. I just have to quit procrastinating between tests.

We had a little more snow overnight. It took us 30 minutes to shovel (me) and run the snowblower (Vince). The snow was pretty light and fluffy so it wasn't hard to do the shoveling. But it was cold.
Old 02-21-2011, 02:45 AM   #299
Gabfest Goddess

Hi Ladies,

Barb, weight watchers is going well! I have started figuring out the points and DD is doing it with me. She is not attending meeting but counting her points. We worked out on Saturday and plan to do some today! DD has an appointment at the Gyno for med refill - so that is good. So after that gonna hit the gym.

I gotta do the scrapbook page layouts for the girls lock in at church on Friday night. I have to get 10 scrapbook packets together. Gonna let them decorate pages there and see if I can get my sister's polariod if not, then will take picutres and get them developed EARLY Saturday morning. Should be fun.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!

HUGS
Michele
Old 02-21-2011, 08:40 AM   #300
Stazon Splitcoast

Michele, sounds like you have lots to do. Have fun.
Old 02-21-2011, 11:26 AM   #301
Crimping Master

The boys and I are off today and with all the snow,it's a good thing,the boys shoveled the steps and the snow is deep and heavy,am waiting for DH so he can snow blow then they can go and clean up. Made Chex mix,have some bread in the oven,...tastefully simple beer bread,...used root beer and molassis to make a "ginger"bread,did put a pinch of alspice in,hope I didn't overdo and wreck the bread. But if we don't like it I'll send it with DH to work, those guys eat ANYTHING!!! The washer and dryer are running all day,have one card left to finish from class,have a class for a group home I need to do so I have to get going on that.
That is the skinny here,pork chops for supper,I want ricce too I think,DH does not really like rice,but I do. STARCH,...YUM!!!
Michele,sounds like your on it,will hit it hard soon,lent is comming.
Old 02-21-2011, 05:17 PM   #302
Stazon Splitcoast

Barbi, I'm glad someone else has had all that snow. We didn't get too much here. I think it's supposed to snow again sometime this week. I am so ready for spring. I'm tired of the cold and the heating bill.
Old 02-22-2011, 11:30 AM   #303
Stazon Splitcoast

I was up near International Falls this weekend. The snow total was about 1 1/2 inches. I shoveled the light fluffy stuff. It was 12 below zero. My kind of weather. we left Monday afternoon. The further south we drove the more snow we encountered. We thought about quitting. The 4 1'2 hr drive took 7 hrs. Of course, getting stuck in the snow on my street took over 30 minutes to get out. My sister had to shovel the snow out from under the car. Finally, a neighbor came and helped to push us out. I was thinking unkind things about the 20 or more cars that passed us and the 2 teenage boys sitting in their car watching us shovel out. I did very loudly say... "So much for helping people, when they need it.." Didn't seem to faze them. When the plow finally came through at 11PM, we had a four foot pile across our driveway. It was too heavy for our snow blower. I helped for awhile and my back was very sore. DH and DS worked for about 30 minutes to clear the end of the driveway and sidewalk at the street.
Old 02-22-2011, 12:23 PM   #304
Gabfest Goddess

Ahhh, we had some of that 4 letter word stuff too! Only about 5 inches so wasn't bad but we had a nice melt going! But the good news was DH could snow blow instead of shovel so he was happy with that!

Boy this thread has been quiet, gramma I hope the new person works out well at the Library - and that it all goes well.

Barbi, sounds like you are busy! Ahhh Lent, wow that is coming up quick too! My first weigh in is Thursday so we will really see how first week went!

Sue, I do hope you are feeling better!

Linda - my Northern Friend! I hope you are doing well.

Christine - hope all is going well for you and things at work are good and hope your feeling well.

Cat, hope your feeling well too!

Joan, did you end up going to your sister's? I hope you enjoyed your time away.

Did we lose Ruthann along the way?

Joanne, how is the weather out by you today? Hopefully you are getting some of this sunshine, but it is still COLD here.

Hugs to all,
Michele
Old 02-22-2011, 12:28 PM   #305
Stazon Splitcoast

yes, michele I did go! above my post tells about the trek back home. it was a quiet weekend.
Old 02-22-2011, 12:36 PM   #306
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyj View Post
I was up near International Falls this weekend. The snow total was about 1 1/2 inches. I shoveled the light fluffy stuff. It was 12 below zero. My kind of weather. we left Monday afternoon. The further south we drove the more snow we encountered. We thought about quitting. The 4 1'2 hr drive took 7 hrs. Of course, getting stuck in the snow on my street took over 30 minutes to get out. My sister had to shovel the snow out from under the car. Finally, a neighbor came and helped to push us out. I was thinking unkind things about the 20 or more cars that passed us and the 2 teenage boys sitting in their car watching us shovel out. I did very loudly say... "So much for helping people, when they need it.." Didn't seem to faze them. When the plow finally came through at 11PM, we had a four foot pile across our driveway. It was too heavy for our snow blower. I helped for awhile and my back was very sore. DH and DS worked for about 30 minutes to clear the end of the driveway and sidewalk at the street.
Ooops you posted before me! I am glad your neighbor helped but teen boys can be so dense! I am sorry you are sore though! HUGS
Old 02-22-2011, 12:48 PM   #307
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood17 View Post
Ahhh, we had some of that 4 letter word stuff too! Only about 5 inches so wasn't bad but we had a nice melt going! But the good news was DH could snow blow instead of shovel so he was happy with that!

Boy this thread has been quiet, gramma I hope the new person works out well at the Library - and that it all goes well.

Barbi, sounds like you are busy! Ahhh Lent, wow that is coming up quick too! My first weigh in is Thursday so we will really see how first week went!

Sue, I do hope you are feeling better!

Linda - my Northern Friend! I hope you are doing well.

Christine - hope all is going well for you and things at work are good and hope your feeling well.

Cat, hope your feeling well too!

Joan, did you end up going to your sister's? I hope you enjoyed your time away.

Did we lose Ruthann along the way?

Joanne, how is the weather out by you today? Hopefully you are getting some of this sunshine, but it is still COLD here.

Hugs to all,
Michele

LOL No didn't lose me....It's not that easy. I check in everyday on all of you, but just not much to say. Sorry, my life is boring!!!! Glad everyone seems to be doing well.
Old 02-22-2011, 12:53 PM   #308
Stazon Splitcoast

It's trying to snow here. It was coming down pretty good on my home from work, now it's just some flurries.

I've been trying to get more stamping done lately. I added a couple more quilt cards to my gallery this past week.
Old 02-22-2011, 01:54 PM   #309
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by grammatroll View Post
It's trying to snow here. It was coming down pretty good on my home from work, now it's just some flurries.

I've been trying to get more stamping done lately. I added a couple more quilt cards to my gallery this past week.

I did a quilt card for Gavin for Valentine's Day. Iloved the way it came out. I'll certainly be trying this one again.
Old 02-22-2011, 02:40 PM   #310
Gabfest Goddess

Ladies, I am jealous - I want to try a quilt card they look so good!

Ruthann - glad you are around! I hope the grandkids are doing well and how is DD? Hope everyone is good!
Old 02-22-2011, 03:01 PM   #311
Stazon Splitcoast

The quilt cards are really easy, especially if you have a punch or at cutting machine like the Cricut or Silhouette, etc. I run the squares through my Xyron to make it easier to apply adhesive. You really need to give it a try. I don't know why I took so long making one.
Old 02-22-2011, 04:58 PM   #312
Crimping Master

Quilt card??? Can you show me? Is it little peices of paper??? Oh quilt,..DAAAAA Any pic's?
Old 02-22-2011, 05:13 PM   #313
Gabfest Goddess

Barbi, check out Gramma's gallery! SCS also did a technique on the quilt card too.
Old 02-22-2011, 05:19 PM   #314
Gabfest Goddess

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/re...s/quiltedcard/

Quilt card tutorial
Old 02-22-2011, 05:37 PM   #315
Stazon Splitcoast

Michele, for some reason that link didn't work. Weird. Here it is again.
Splitcoaststampers - Tutorials
Old 02-22-2011, 05:44 PM   #316
Stazon Splitcoast

Barbi, yes, the quilt cards are small bits of paper about 3/4" square. Jenna has a great tutorial which made it real easy for me. If I can do them, anyone can do them. I think I'm driving everyone nuts with them, but I'm so hooked on them. I used a 3/4" punch for hte first ones I did. I used my Silhouette to cut out a bunch of squares so I can work on them next month while I'm sitting around trying to sell Vince's artwork.
Old 02-23-2011, 02:40 AM   #317
Polyshrink Goddess

If you follow the tutorial it's really easy. I cut the squares, and then realized I could use my cricut....DUH!!! The embossing really makes the difference.

Michelle, Gavin is doing well. See him occasionally at school. Not much other than that. DD is doing well. She's working at the IU in the Hearing Impaired program. Goes between the elementary school and the high school. Really likes it, pay stinks, but she has benefits.

I'm really going to try to be "here" more often. Just feel so disconneted.
Old 02-23-2011, 06:42 AM   #318
Stazon Splitcoast

RuthAnn, I did the same thing. It sure makes it a lot quicker to cut those squares. Let the blade do the walking.
Old 02-23-2011, 06:44 AM   #319
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnsfldmom View Post
If you follow the tutorial it's really easy. I cut the squares, and then realized I could use my cricut....DUH!!! The embossing really makes the difference.

Michelle, Gavin is doing well. See him occasionally at school. Not much other than that. DD is doing well. She's working at the IU in the Hearing Impaired program. Goes between the elementary school and the high school. Really likes it, pay stinks, but she has benefits.

I'm really going to try to be "here" more often. Just feel so disconneted.
I am so sorry that you are feeling "disconnected" we love you! I do know that feeling and it stinks. DD asked for you over the weekend - asked if we were going to see the girls in PA again this Spring!
Old 02-23-2011, 01:15 PM   #320
Polyshrink Goddess

Debbie, imagine how dumb I felt when I showed DH and he asked if I used the NEW cricut..,,ughhhhhhh.....when he picks up on it quicker than I do, something is wrong!!

Michelle, tell DD if she wants to meet up again in the spring it would be great, maybe this time we can get there a little earlier and do lunch too again!n I'm so glad to see how well she's doing, you must be so proud of her!