Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-10-2011, 12:42 PM   #241
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyj View Post
Dh has been feeling pretty good lately. He will always struggle with PTSD. Work has been a bit rough. Like most every worker the job is not secure. oldest Ds is still job searching. Middle DS, DIL and DGD are doing well. DGD is 1 year old now! youngest ds is working at the college. I miss listening to him perform at the concerts. Thanks for asking, Michele.
I am glad DH has been feeling pretty good - I have been thinking about him. Wow, DGD is a year that is just incredible time flys! I praying oldest DS finds a job I know it has been a struggle.

Thinking about you guys!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 02-10-2011, 12:56 PM   #242
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks Michele- Dh has been complaining about being outside all day in this cold weather and high snow banks. Please keep the prayers coming for DS.

"I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day." - E. B. White

Joan
Old 02-10-2011, 03:18 PM   #243
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi, ladies. With this yo-yo weather we're having, I caught a miserable cold. Can't wait for the weekend so I can do nothing but rest. Supposed to go to a surprise birthday for Vince's nephew on Saturday. Hope I feel up to going. He turned 30 on the 7th but his wife is having his party Saturday. I didn't even know it was a supposed to be a surprise. I thought he was the one who planned it. Talking to his wife can be very confusing at times.

I'm going to have supper, put my jammies on and curl up with a book until I fall asleep. That probably won't take long. Have a good night, everyone.
Old 02-10-2011, 03:35 PM   #244
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi girls. Dad is doing well - today one of his "therapy" jobs was to fold laundry - standing up though! Too funny!

I have a horrible headache - probably weather related so I'm heading to bed. A friend stopped by with something and she is a smoker. Just the two minutes she was here made the headache even worse.

Hugs to all.
Old 02-10-2011, 03:54 PM   #245
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by grammatroll View Post
Hi, ladies. With this yo-yo weather we're having, I caught a miserable cold. Can't wait for the weekend so I can do nothing but rest. Supposed to go to a surprise birthday for Vince's nephew on Saturday. Hope I feel up to going. He turned 30 on the 7th but his wife is having his party Saturday. I didn't even know it was a supposed to be a surprise. I thought he was the one who planned it. Talking to his wife can be very confusing at times.

I'm going to have supper, put my jammies on and curl up with a book until I fall asleep. That probably won't take long. Have a good night, everyone.
Hope you get some rest and feel better soon.
Old 02-10-2011, 03:56 PM   #246
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jor View Post
Hi girls. Dad is doing well - today one of his "therapy" jobs was to fold laundry - standing up though! Too funny!

I have a horrible headache - probably weather related so I'm heading to bed. A friend stopped by with something and she is a smoker. Just the two minutes she was here made the headache even worse.

Hugs to all.
Glad to hear your Dad is doing well. So very sorry about your horrible headache - did you try a slice of lime?
Old 02-10-2011, 05:17 PM   #247
Crimping Master

Joanne, I'll pick up your Dad at the air port for Mn therapy,...LOTS of laundry here and room to fold standing in both the laundry room and the den,...3 steps he will have to learn both up and down, rails on both sides to get to the kitchen where he could do both dishes and cooking therapy. Let me know when he would like to come!!! Hope your feeling better,a bit of light humor.

Gramma,Hot soup and rest lots of liquids and a book!! Feel better!!!

Joan,I cannot believe DGD is a year!!! Where does the time go. This economy is scarry for all of us! I don't blame your DH for weather dislike,...hang in there, spring is commin!!! Thanks so much for the card what a wonderful surprise!!!

DS was 16 yesterday,had Taco Bell for supper and I got him a DQ cake. YUM!!! He was pleased. Worked the last 2 days and am pooped!!! Will check in in the am!!!

Night all!!!
Old 02-11-2011, 04:40 PM   #248
Stazon Splitcoast

Barbie- you are welcome! Sounds like DS had a great birthday!
Hope everyone starts feeling better, very very soon!

"I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day." - E. B. White

Joan
Old 02-11-2011, 07:36 PM   #249
Stazon Splitcoast

Joan, thank you for the card. Quick and easy to make.

I just added a card to my gallery. It's for Vince's nephew's birthday. We kind of came up with this card together. I knew I wanted a hill on it, but wasn't sure what I wanted to say on the front or the inside. I never told Vince my idea. When I came home from work this afternoon, he had a piece of paper with a few ideas typed on it. The original sentence read " Over what hill? Wait! What! Where? I don't remember any hill." I just separated it into different parts. The card is the size of a regular greeting card. It was the only size envelope I have.

I'm still stuffy, but feeling slightly better. I haven't exercised all week. I took Timber out for a walk after work. Big mistake. I'll wait until the ice is finished melting. Timber doesn't realize I don't have the traction he does on the ice. The only time he wanted to hurry along was when we hit a patch of ice. It took us 15 min. to walk what would normally take 5 min. He enjoyed the walk. I did stay upright, but don't know how.

Have a good weekend.
Old 02-11-2011, 08:13 PM   #250
Pearl-ExPert

Send a message via Yahoo to Virtue

I've been reading, but just realized I hadn't posted all week. I'm feeling much better. Had lunch with my oldest DD today, then spontaneously went and got highlights put in my hair! I think I like it. I'll have to play with it tomorrow.

Joan ~ Thank you for the card. It's so pretty! I never thought of embossing an envelope. Cool idea!

Barbi ~ Got any of that DQ cake left? That's my favorite!!!

Went to the eye doctor yesterday. I need new lenses again this year. I was surprised at what I couldn't see. Since my insurance only pays for new frames every two years, I decided to go back to my previous frames for a change. I think I liked them better. I know DH did.

We're having another couple over for dinner tomorrow night. Hope it turns out alright.

Hope everyone sleeps well tonight and has a great weekend!

Hugs,
Sue
Old 02-12-2011, 05:30 AM   #251
Stazon Splitcoast

Sue- you were up very late last night. You are welcome. I like to do unexpected things. That is why I embossed some envelopes. Hope you have fun tonight. Sure glad you are feeling getter.
Debbie- Be careful on the ice. We are getting warmer weather as well. Our sidewalk is an ice skating rink. You are welcome!

Joan
Old 02-12-2011, 08:11 AM   #252
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning, ladies. I woke up without much of a voice. Not sure I'll make it to the birthday party tonight. Sure hope I'm a lot better Monday because I have a full schedule for taxes.
Old 02-12-2011, 08:18 AM   #253
Stazon Splitcoast

so sorry Debbie- Hope you feel better soon!

Joan
Old 02-13-2011, 06:11 AM   #254
Mad Swapper

Good morning ladies! Thought I would check in with everyone. Life is quite busy for me. I interviewed for a Lead position in my department on Friday--hoping I get it!

Can you please pray for our money situation? Both cars need some major work done. I don't know how we are going to pay for them. My car needs the work done sooner than hubs.

Well, I am finally off cloud nine with the big super bowl win! What an awesome game. Go Pack!

Well, need to get ready for church..love to all!!

Christine
♥Journey Coach #87♥
www.christinepennington.com
Old 02-13-2011, 06:39 AM   #255
Embossing Fanatic

Prayers are sent for you Christine. Wishing you luck with your job. Things are tough these days for a lot of folks. Thats why it is so beneficial to have "Sisters in Christ".. ! (((HUGS))))
Old 02-13-2011, 07:42 AM   #256
Stazon Splitcoast

Good luck with the job, Christine.

I'm feeling better today. I pretty much did nothing yesterday; just got lots of rest. I skipped out on the birthday part for Vince's nephew last night. I feel kind of bad because there was supposed to be about 30 people at the party and it turned out that only about 10 showed up. He liked his card. I did finish the Valentine's for the family. I'm going to take it easy again today. I'm a firm believer in lots of rest and lots of clear liquids when I have a cold.

Take care.
Old 02-13-2011, 09:57 AM   #257
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Sending much love, hugs and prayers your way Christine. Trusting God to meet your every need and bless you abundantly.
Old 02-13-2011, 10:35 AM   #258
Stazon Splitcoast

Christine- Sending positive thoughts your way.
Joanne- is the headache better? did you go and visit your parents?
Sue- how are you doing?
Debbie- Take care.
Deb- thanks for teh pretty Valentines Card. With all you have going on it is amazing that you had time.

Joan

Last edited by smileyj; 02-13-2011 at 10:50 AM..
Old 02-14-2011, 05:54 AM   #259
Pearl-ExPert

Joan ~ Feeling a bit down this morning. Thanks for asking. Can't get motivated. Need to make a birthday card for my dad, wrap his present, box it up and ship it today, but I don't think I'll make it. Also need to make a Valentine's card for DH. Oh yeah, Happy Valentine's Day everyone. Why can't I ever be motivated when I need to be?

Hugs,
Sue
Old 02-14-2011, 06:01 AM   #260
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtue View Post
Joan ~ Feeling a bit down this morning. Thanks for asking. Can't get motivated. Need to make a birthday card for my dad, wrap his present, box it up and ship it today, but I don't think I'll make it. Also need to make a Valentine's card for DH. Oh yeah, Happy Valentine's Day everyone. Why can't I ever be motivated when I need to be?

Hugs,
Sue

Sue, sending tons and tons of love, hugs and prayers your way. You are a very special lady who is loved by many especially God. May He surround you with His love in an extra special way. <3
Old 02-14-2011, 06:03 AM   #261
Stazon Splitcoast

Heart

HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!
Old 02-14-2011, 06:08 AM   #262
Stazon Splitcoast

Heart

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!

I forgot to scan the Valentine's I made for the rest of the family. Don't have time to do that this morning. I made 5 Christmas cards yesterday. I did get them uploaded and they're in my gallery now.

I have a full day scheduled doing nothing but taxes. Hope I have time on my lunch break to go to the library's pie social.

Hope you all have a great day!

((((((((HUGS))))))))))
Old 02-14-2011, 07:30 AM   #263
Gabfest Goddess

Happy Valentine's Day!!!

I hope everyone has a great day today!

Christine, praying for the $$ situation with the cars - I was happy for you with the Super Bowl win and praying for the job too!

Sue, sorry you are down - I hear ya though on wanting to be motivated and then it can be a struggle! Praying for you!

Cat - how are you feeling my friend?

Joan - is it warming up out there in MN? I know you don't like too warm but it is 54 here today and I am loving it!!! Maybe a day to go out for lunch! Thanks for the wonderful card! My stash was so low I actually bought kits off of ebay and it helped get more cards back in so I need to send some out too!

Gramma, hoping you get rid of that cold soon! Wow, you are such a busy camper!

Barbi, I hope you had fun stamping and hoping that laundry fairy came to you! I did all the laundry that I could and I still have more. I asked the people I live with if they hide it, I emptied hamper and then in one day it was full again - never mind what I hide in the laundry room, lol.

Scrappinlizzi! Hello and how are you? I hope all is well it is good to see you post! We need to get you added to the RAK list.

So next weekend there is a sleep over at church for the teen girls, I said I would do the 2 page scrapbook layout for the girls - but I also told them I am out at midnight I like to sleep in my bed! I am excited they have also made a date for a ladies retreat close to home which I like but a night away in June. Things to look forward to!

I hope everyone has a fabulous day and know you are loved!

Michele
Old 02-14-2011, 07:46 AM   #264
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Good Monday morning and Happy Valentine's Day to all you lovely ladies!

Dad is doing GREAT!!!! He is supposed to leave rehab tomorrow!!!!! There is another man that he is doing therapy with and the man is a hoot!!! He is younger than dad (remember Dad is 87) but this man has a much more severe break. He can't put any weight on his leg for six weeks. But this guy is fun and has a great attitude. He lives the next town over from my parents. I told my parents they should keep in touch with him and his wife. It would be good for dad!!!! My parents are not very social people.

Sue - I hear you on lack of motivation. I have a lot to do and have been really down since Friday. It must be hormone/PMS related because everything is really GOOD. I'm just feeling blue! I hate it!

I made a bunch of phone calls for appointments, but have to wait to call the hair salon tomorrow. I am sooooo overdue for a color!!! But it is supposed to be warmer and sunny all week -- - just like Michele said!!! Woo hoo!!!!

Off to do something else productive.
Old 02-14-2011, 07:47 AM   #265
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh - I also wanted to post this info:

Investigation Discovery (IDTV) is showing an episode of Disappeared - the Darkest Night tonight at 9 p.m. This is the story of a local young woman. She went to nursing school with a friend of ours and was neighbor/babysitter for our close friends. If you can watch and share any info - it would be greatly appreciated.

Our closest friends here in PA live two doors down from the family. This is just so unbelievable. I'm glad they are doing this story, but wish it could have been put out there earlier.
Old 02-14-2011, 09:30 AM   #266
Pearl-ExPert

Default Something to make you laugh................

Well, somehow I got a card made for my Dad, wrapped his gift, boxed it up and was getting it ready for the mail carrier.........THEN, I saw her truck in the drive of the neighbor across the street (which meant that she just passed us). I cut the Priority Mail label away from the receipt part while it was still coming out of the printer. I was still taping the label on the box while running downstairs and outside in my sweats, flannel shirt and slippers...bed head and all...yelling across the street to get her attention (she must be hard of hearing). FINALLY she saw me and came over. I apologetically gave her the package and said it was my Dad's birthday gift, thanked her for coming back, and went inside. After all that, I noticed that the button between my boobs was undone, and of course I'm not wearing a bra. She must think so highly of me. LOL

I think that was God's way of motivating me AND cheering me up!

Joanne ~ Great news about your Dad!!!

Michele ~ Glad to hear you sounding chipper again.

Gramma ~ Great cards in your gallery! I want to try that quilting technique.

Caterina ~ Thanks for the prayers!

Christine ~ Praying for your car and $$ situation, and for God to put you in the job where He can use you most. Love you!

RUTH ANN ~ WHERE ARE YOU???

I did upload the card I made to my gallery if you want to see it.

Hello and hugs to all not mentioned. Oh..........and

Happy Valentine's Day!

Hugs,
Sue
Old 02-14-2011, 12:02 PM   #267
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by jor View Post
Good Monday morning and Happy Valentine's Day to all you lovely ladies!

Dad is doing GREAT!!!! He is supposed to leave rehab tomorrow!!!!! There is another man that he is doing therapy with and the man is a hoot!!! He is younger than dad (remember Dad is 87) but this man has a much more severe break. He can't put any weight on his leg for six weeks. But this guy is fun and has a great attitude. He lives the next town over from my parents. I told my parents they should keep in touch with him and his wife. It would be good for dad!!!! My parents are not very social people.

Sue - I hear you on lack of motivation. I have a lot to do and have been really down since Friday. It must be hormone/PMS related because everything is really GOOD. I'm just feeling blue! I hate it!

I made a bunch of phone calls for appointments, but have to wait to call the hair salon tomorrow. I am sooooo overdue for a color!!! But it is supposed to be warmer and sunny all week -- - just like Michele said!!! Woo hoo!!!!

Off to do something else productive.

That is GREAT news on your dad! So happy for you all!
Old 02-14-2011, 12:06 PM   #268
Gabfest Goddess

Sue, I have to admit - your story made me laugh! With you of course! I think I laughed too cause it is something I would do! hahaha Life is fun and full of surprises!
Old 02-14-2011, 01:08 PM   #269
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Sue - I could see that happening to me as well!!! It's good you can laugh about it!
Old 02-14-2011, 01:15 PM   #270
Polyshrink Goddess

Happy Valentine's Day Ladies!
Old 02-14-2011, 02:11 PM   #271
Stazon Splitcoast

Sue- Your story made me laugh put loud. Hope you are feeling better.
Michele- I will send you a PM
Happy Valentine's day!

Joan
Old 02-14-2011, 03:30 PM   #272
Stazon Splitcoast

Joanne, great news about your dad. He's a determined man.

Sue, I laughed so hard I have tears streaming down my cheeks. I can just picture that. What a way to get motivated. Thanks for your comments on my cards. I can't wait to see what you come up with. You really have to try the quilt technique. It's real easy. I'm already looking around for some new patterns to try. I'm hooked. I have to do one before Sunday for my sister's birthday. She makes quilts and this is a perfect card for her. Next time, I think I'll use my Silhouette to cut the squares. That way I don't have to do so much punching. I found this technique to be very relaxing. Did the ribbon cover the boo-boo?

Had an easy day with taxes today. I was even done with my 3:00 appointment at 3:05. He was a few minutes early but it took less than 10 min. to do his taxes. I love it when they're that easy.

I need to scan the card Vince made. Of course, he drew the little guy. I need a stamp. Love being married to an artist.

I think it got pretty close to 50 here today. We had some strong winds the other day, so along with warmer temps a lot of our ice is starting to melt. Half the driveway is clear. It's really wierd driving with one side of your car on the ice and the other on the dry concrete. I think it's supposed to snow again in the next day or two. Hope not. I like not having 3-4 foot snowbanks along my driveway.
Old 02-14-2011, 07:05 PM   #273
Stazon Splitcoast

Sheri called me with some very sad news tonight. She lost her baby. Please pray for her.
Old 02-14-2011, 07:12 PM   #274
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Sheri called me with some very sad news tonight. She lost her baby. Please pray for her.

My heart hurts for her and the family - may the Lord truly shower down His love, mercy, comfort, grace and peace. So so so very sorry.
Old 02-14-2011, 07:22 PM   #275
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks, Cat.
Old 02-14-2011, 07:33 PM   #276
Pearl-ExPert

Gramma ~ I'm so sorry about the baby. That's so hard to cope with. I'll be praying for her and for you.

Love & Hugs,
Sue
Old 02-15-2011, 05:45 AM   #277
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by caterinafmig View Post
My heart hurts for her and the family - may the Lord truly shower down His love, mercy, comfort, grace and peace. So so so very sorry.
So sorry and I agree with Cat. Praying for you guys!
Old 02-15-2011, 07:05 AM   #278
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks, Sue and Michele. I guess at the time of the miscarriage, she and the baby's father had been fighting so she didn't tell Brian until Tuesday. He got mad at her for not telling him Monday. She didn't hear from him the rest of the week. He did text telling her he needed some time alone. What was Sheri doing? Dealing with the loss on her own, taking care of two sick kids, going to school so she doesn't fall behind (by the way, her lowest grades on her tests was a 92). He should have been there for her. I know I couldn't have been there, but at least she could have talked to me. I really hate that she went through that alone. She's a strong woman and keeps getting stronger all the time, but I'm afraid she's going to break one of these days. The doctor put her on Valium for a while. She's not too keen on taking meds, but if it helps for the next couple weeks, she'll take it. I'm so frustrated because I can't afford to take a trip down there right now. The only thing I can do is let God take care of her. She'll never be in better hands.
Old 02-15-2011, 07:53 AM   #279
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Gramma - I am so very sorry. And sorry that the baby's father was being so awful. Will add her (and you!) to my prayer list.
Old 02-15-2011, 11:28 AM   #280
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
So sorry... I will pray for her and of course you!

Joan