Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-11-2012, 06:47 AM   #2561
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy Veteran's Day!
Thank you to all the brave men and women who have served our country.

I am proud to say I am and American because of your sacrifices and those of your families.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-11-2012, 12:01 PM   #2562
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyj View Post
Happy Veteran's Day!

Thank you to all the brave men and women who have served our country.

I am proud to say I am and American because of your sacrifices and those of your families.
And thank you to the men and women who continue to enlist. DH's nephew is currently at Marine boot camp. He graduates Nov. 30.
Old 11-11-2012, 01:37 PM   #2563
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Happy Veterans Day to all our veterans!

God bless our troops and keep them safe!
Old 11-12-2012, 07:32 AM   #2564
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello friends! I am so thankful for all those who serve. Had so many in my family who have served at one time or another. I'm especially thankful that everyone I knew personally, all came home. Safe and sound. That is a special blessing.

I cannot believe that next week will be Thanksgiving. Time is going at warp speed.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:19 AM   #2565
Glitter Guru

I don't know what happened to the time whenever November hits it feels like the rest of the year flys by - but I am ready for 2013 this has been a long hard year. . . I am always thankful for the veterans and have had a lot in my family serve and DN is in the Navy now - can't believe it and they are out at sea... Hopefully will see him for Christmas. It has been such a long couple of weeks I am tired from the storm Sandy and the storm from idiot DH. LOL - at least I can chuckle a little at it!
Old 11-12-2012, 12:26 PM   #2566
Stazon Splitcoast

Michele, the older I get, the faster the time is going....

Was so blessed this weekend to spend time with our grandson, Alexander, see him in his Jr. Naval Academy uniform in the Leonardtown Veterans Day parade and celebrate his 14th birthday!
Attached Thumbnails
100_0934.jpg   100_0933.jpg  
Old 11-12-2012, 01:06 PM   #2567
Stazon Splitcoast

Cat, great pictures of a very handsome young man. The people he's with are pretty good looking, too

Michele, how are weathering the Storm DH? It has been a very trying year for you. My boss and I were just talking the other day about how it seemed like it was August and we blinked, now it's November. Sometimes I don't mind the last couple months of the year flying by. It means the new year is a clean slate.

Finally talked to DD last night after not hearing from her in two months. She's been so busy with school, raising the girls alone, and, up until a week ago, working two jobs. I was getting worried about her getting sick from lack of sleep. She quit her job with the cupcake shop and is now working as a "pooper scooper". Who knew there was good money in cleaning up after someone else's dogs. That job gives her a lot of flexibility with her school schedule and pays a lot more than the cupcake shop. In fact, she makes enough money that her food stamps have been cut way down, she has to pay for half of her babysitting expenses and doesn't need assistance with her utilities. And has a little money left over. She still qualifies for her Pell Grant so she can finish school. She's getting so close. One of the best benefits of her job is she's usually done with her route by noon and has weekends off. Now she has a lot more time to spend with her girls. On top of that, she got a letter from the state saying they reviewed the child support from Bailey's dad and decided he has to pay a lot more since he has custody of his little boy from his second marriage and is getting child support from his ex. Sheri hasn't persued getting more child support from him in the past because he has been real good about buying Bailey winter coats, boots and other things she needs. God is so good to Sheri and her girls. I am so thankful for that.

I'm enjoying my 3-day weekend. Since today is my normal day off, the library has to let me take another day off with pay. I chose to take tomorrow off. I had a 3-day weekend last week, too, but I had to work at the polls all day Tuesday. Not much of a day off. I spent yesterday finishing making my Christmas card and finished a book and started another book. Today, I've been kind of taking it easy again. I finished my second book; it was a real fast read. Have any of you read Karen Kingsbury? If you haven't, you might want to. She is one of my favorite Christian authors. Her newest one is "The Bridge". I really enjoyed it.

Hope you all have a good week.
Old 11-14-2012, 03:27 AM   #2568
Glitter Guru

Hi Ladies, I want to thank you all for your support I so appreciate you more than you know the cards I actually keep with me and when I have a moment I pull them out. I am fighting all of these feelings and your positive words and thoughts and prayers they uplift me and I want to thank you! Many hugs
Old 11-14-2012, 02:01 PM   #2569
Stazon Splitcoast

Michele- Thinking of you!
Old 11-15-2012, 03:58 AM   #2570
Glitter Guru

Thank you!!
Old 11-17-2012, 08:29 PM   #2571
Stazon Splitcoast

I have a prayer request. A friend of mine from high school informed her fb friends this morning that she was just diagnosed with stage 4 cancer. They believe it was originated in the ovaries but our doctors here aren't real sure. She finds out more next week. She has a very strong faith in God. Her husband also needs lots of prayers during this trial. He had lost his first wife, his sister, his dad and his father-in-law to cancer. Now he's going through it again with Laura. It was a real shock to hear this news. I know she's been tired a lot lately and not feeling the best, but it's still a shock. She had also lost her mohter, a son and a brother to failing healh. Her kids and grandkids also need prayers. It seems like every time I turn around, someone I know is being diagnosed with cancer.

Other than that, I sure hope everyone is having a good weekend. We haven't had any more snow, but it sure has been getting cold when the sun goes down.
Old 11-18-2012, 07:43 AM   #2572
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by grammatroll View Post
I have a prayer request. A friend of mine from high school informed her fb friends this morning that she was just diagnosed with stage 4 cancer. They believe it was originated in the ovaries but our doctors here aren't real sure. She finds out more next week. She has a very strong faith in God. Her husband also needs lots of prayers during this trial. He had lost his first wife, his sister, his dad and his father-in-law to cancer. Now he's going through it again with Laura. It was a real shock to hear this news. I know she's been tired a lot lately and not feeling the best, but it's still a shock. She had also lost her mohter, a son and a brother to failing healh. Her kids and grandkids also need prayers. It seems like every time I turn around, someone I know is being diagnosed with cancer.

Other than that, I sure hope everyone is having a good weekend. We haven't had any more snow, but it sure has been getting cold when the sun goes down.

My heart goes out to your friend and her husband - cancer is such a relentless ugly monster. Please let her know of Coles Foundation and their prayer team. The foundation is not just for children but for any person dealing with health problems.
Old 11-18-2012, 09:20 AM   #2573
Stazon Splitcoast

I will do that, Cat. Thanks. I forgot to mention that to her.
Old 11-18-2012, 02:34 PM   #2574
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Debbie - will add your friend to my prayers. Cancer is just awful. Progress is being made, but there is still so much more that has to be done. YOU will be in my prayers, as well.

Michele - I think of you every day. Another friend of mine recently told me he and his wife will be separating and divorcing in the next few months. They are both such great people and they do care for each other, but they have had so many problems over their almost 20 year marriage. I am still sad for them. They have three daughters.
Old 11-18-2012, 06:05 PM   #2575
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Sara posted this on FB and asked if I would share this with others so if you have some stuff to unload....

Sara Farist Thanx Mrs. Cat I know you always have been And hey while I got you here, could you do me a favor and ask the misfits if anyone has any extra paper, old ink pads or any other scrapbooking stuff they are looking to get rid of? If so I WOULD LOVE to have it...I am trying to get back into it but lost all my stuff when the ex and I divorced so any craft room cleaning donations anyone might have I would be more than happy to accept them.....especially paper, cardstock, embellies, just anything really....I am willing to reimburse for shipping also if needed...Maybe Mrs. Michelle will be cleaning hers out soon.
Old 11-21-2012, 04:53 AM   #2576
Stazon Splitcoast

Praying for everyone's needs.

May all have a very blessed Thanksgiving!
Old 11-21-2012, 08:58 AM   #2577
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

The True Story of Thanksgiving

After enduring religious persecution in their native England and for twelve years in Holland, the pilgrims sailed for America. They were modest men and women with a great hope and inward zeal. They rested in the providence of God that He was leading them to a land of religious freedom to advance the gospel of the kingdom of Christ.

The voyage of the Mayflower took twice as long as Christopher Columbus' voyage, enduring several wintry storms. After arriving in their new land, they faced disease, famine, bitter cold and many dangers. However, when the Mayflower made its return voyage, none of the pilgrims returned with it.

Their first harvest occurred in the autumn of 1621. Their own seed had barely grown, but the Indians had shown them how to plant corn which yielded a huge harvest. On the first Thanksgiving, they celebrated God's goodness to them with a party of ninety Indians. Their Thanksgiving feast lasted three days and included a festival of sports.

Thanksgiving Proclamation by Abraham Lincoln

"Now, therefore, I, Abraham Lincoln, President of the United States, do hereby appoint and set apart the last Thursday in November next as a day which I desire to be observed by all my fellow-citizens, wherever they may be then, as a day of thanksgiving and praise to Almighty God, the beneficent Creator and Ruler of the Universe. And I do further recommend to my fellow-citizens aforesaid, that on the occasion they do reverently humble themselves in the dust, and from thence offer up penitent and fervent prayers and supplications to the great Disposer of events for a return of the inestimable blessings of peace, union, and harmony throughout the land which it has pleased Him to assign as a dwelling-place for ourselves and for our posterity throughout all generations."

Enter into His gates with thanksgiving... be thankful unto Him, and bless His name. Psalm 100:4

Would highly recommend the movie, Monumental, that details the entire story and the hardships the Pilgrims endures for freedom.
Monumental: LIVE EVENT TRAILER - YouTube
Old 11-24-2012, 02:04 PM   #2578
Stazon Splitcoast

My ds just called me. He called from their garage. he doesn't know where to go or what to do? I am so very sad right now. His wife has asked for a separation. They have my only grandchild. His wife has never liked me or for that matter the rest of our family. So I rarely get to see my dgd as it is. My DS has a physical disability. I have wondered if she could handle this for a lifetime! Please pray!
Old 11-24-2012, 02:44 PM   #2579
Glitter Guru

Oh Joan, lifting up your DS and his wife and DGD! May the God who hears every prayer keep them all close to him and protection, guidance and wisdom for all!! I am so sorry
Old 11-24-2012, 05:02 PM   #2580
Stazon Splitcoast

Joan, I am so sorry. I will pray for them and you, too.

I got an update from my friend with cancer. She goes in for surgery Wednesday morning. Unfortunately for her friends here, the hospital is across the state. It's going to be a long day waiting for word. I feel helpless but I know how powerful prayer is, so I'll be doing a lot of praying that day.
Old 11-25-2012, 11:27 AM   #2581
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Adding all to my prayer list. I am so sad that so many are dealing with separation/divorce this time of year. Hugs and prayers for all of you.

Debbie - your friend is on my prayer list too.

It turned very cold here yesterday. This afternoon we even had some snow flurries. Now the sun is out and shining brightly. I'm working on laundry. I don't have a lot, but it is several small loads. With my parents arriving this week for a visit, I want to be caught up as I know I won't do much while they are here.
Old 11-25-2012, 11:59 AM   #2582
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks for your prayers, Joanne. Have fun with your parents.

One weather report says we're having a light snow mist. Looks more like big fluffy flakes to me. It's only 25 right now.
Old 12-02-2012, 01:20 PM   #2583
Glitter Guru

HI ladies, wanted to say thank you for the birthday cards I am still carrying with me, makes me happy bringing to work since I spend a lot of time there. . .
Old 12-02-2012, 01:22 PM   #2584
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Michele - you are on my mind so much. I hope you are doing okay.

Debbie - Hope your friend is doing well.

I miss so many from this thread! Maybe more will "stop by" over the holidays!
Old 12-02-2012, 02:00 PM   #2585
Stazon Splitcoast

Michele, I totally spaced out your birthday. Happy birthday a day early. I've been terrible about sending out birthday cards.

Joanne, thanks for asking about Laura Lee. Her surgery on Wednesday went well. They found the cancer wasn't as invasive as they originally thought. Praise the Lord! She was released from the hospital today. She'll rest up for a few weeks before starting any treatment. Isn't the power of prayer totally amazing?

Vince's nephew graduated from Marine boot camp on Friday and flew home with his parents yesterday. We're having a pizza party for him tonight. And because it's the holiday season, he'll get an extra days of leave so that means he'll be here for his birthday and Christmas. I know his mom is very happy about that. He joined at the right time of the year.
Old 12-03-2012, 03:41 AM   #2586
Glitter Guru

Debbie, no apologies I have not kept up with any cards all year!! Thank you for the birthday wishes.

I am glad Laura Lee's surgery went well. I am happy for Nephew and Boot camp!

I will admit Last Night was not easy I get these waves of emotion. . . I have been doing well but it might be the birthday that is throwing me, I am not sure. . . I just cried most of Sunday - but won't put that on FB!!

I hope everyone has a super Monday!!
Old 12-03-2012, 06:35 AM   #2587
Stazon Splitcoast

Hang in there, Michele. You're going through a rough time right now. God loves you. So do we.
Old 12-03-2012, 06:43 AM   #2588
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Good morning, friends, seems like we are all going through a rough time... must be that time of the year.

Michele you could have called me last night and we could have cried together which then changes to some laughs. <3

That "pajama overnight party" invitation is still open.
Old 12-03-2012, 05:17 PM   #2589
Stazon Splitcoast

Cat, if I didn't live more than halfway across the country, I'd be very tempted to have that "pajama party".

Vince had an appointment with an orthopedic surgeon today. Of course, that meant another out of town day. The doctor is in the same building as the pulmonologist so any further visits will be coordinated to fall on the same day. We like this doctor. He doesn't like to do surgery unless it's the last resort and he's not condescending like the one we have here. All he did was give Vince cortisone shots in his shoulder (he's got a small spur in the clavicle that bothers him now and then) and the knuckle. He said he was okay with doing the shots until they don't work anymore, then will discuss knuckle replacement. It seems like a lot of miles to drive just for shots, but worth it when it can be done the same day we have to be there anyway.

We had a nice pizza party last night for Vince's nephew. He wore his dress blues for us. He sure does look good, but it's so hard to believe he's in the Marines.
Old 12-03-2012, 05:38 PM   #2590
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Okay, here is a little chuckle to bring a smile....

A PLANE IS ON ITS WAY TO TORONTO , WHEN A BLONDE IN
ECONOMY CLASS GETS UP, AND MOVES TO THE FIRST CLASS
SECTION AND SITS DOWN.

THE FLIGHT ATTENDANT WATCHES HER DO THIS, AND ASKS
TO SEE HER TICKET.

SHE THEN TELLS THE BLONDE THAT SHE PAID FOR ECONOMY
CLASS, AND THAT SHE WILL HAVE TO SIT IN THE BACK.

THE BLONDE REPLIES, "I'M BLONDE, I'M BEAUTIFUL, I'M
GOING TO TORONTO AND I'M STAYING RIGHT HERE."

THE FLIGHT ATTENDANT GOES INTO THE COCKPIT AND TELLS
THE PILOT AND THE CO-PILOT THAT THERE IS A BLONDE
BIMBO SITTING IN FIRST CLASS, THAT BELONGS IN
ECONOMY, AND WON'T MOVE BACK TO HER SEAT.

THE CO-PILOT GOES BACK TO THE BLONDE AND TRIES TO
EXPLAIN THAT BECAUSE SHE ONLY PAID FOR ECONOMY
SHE WILL HAVE TO LEAVE AND RETURN TO HER SEAT.

THE BLONDE REPLIES, "I'M BLONDE, I'M BEAUTIFUL, I'M
GOING TO TORONTO AND I'M STAYING RIGHT HERE."

THE CO-PILOT TELLS THE PILOT THAT HE PROBABLY SHOULD
HAVE THE POLICE WAITING WHEN THEY LAND TO ARREST
THIS BLONDE WOMAN WHO WON'T LISTEN TO REASON.

THE PILOT SAYS, "YOU SAY SHE IS A BLONDE? I'LL
HANDLE THIS, I'M MARRIED TO A BLONDE. I SPEAK BLONDE."

HE GOES BACK TO THE BLONDE AND WHISPERS IN HER EAR,
AND SHE SAYS, "OH, I'M SORRY." AND GETS UP AND GOES
BACK TO HER SEAT IN ECONOMY..

THE FLIGHT ATTENDANT AND CO-PILOT ARE AMAZED AND
ASKED HIM WHAT HE SAID TO MAKE HER MOVE WITHOUT
ANY FUSS.

"I TOLD HER, "FIRST CLASS ISN'T GOING TO TORONTO ".
Old 12-04-2012, 10:46 AM   #2591
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Debbie- that is fabulous news for your friend!!! It is always good to hear the cancer isn't as bad. A friend's SIL was just diagnosed with an aggressive cancer and she doesn't have long to live. I hate cancer. Despise it.

I'm enjoying a gloriously warm day in December. Caterina is too It won't last, but I've got windows open all over the house. It is wonderful.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:53 AM   #2592
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Wanted to share this awesome picture of my wonderful grandson Alexander in his Jr. Naval Academy uniform - am so very proud.
Attached Thumbnails
192522_461696410576572_1901116543_o.jpg  
Old 12-04-2012, 11:14 AM   #2593
Stazon Splitcoast

Very handsome young man, Cat.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:19 AM   #2594
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Very handsome young man, Cat.

Thanks so much, Alexander looks just like his dad who is a very handsome man, of course, his mom, (my daughter) is attractive too.
Old 12-04-2012, 02:45 PM   #2595
Stazon Splitcoast

Thinking of all of you! I always feel down in the dumps before Christmas. I guess my expectations were tooo high in the past.
Old 12-04-2012, 03:00 PM   #2596
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyj View Post
Thinking of all of you! I always feel down in the dumps before Christmas. I guess my expectations were tooo high in the past.

Joan, this is the time of year that does cause people to be more depressed than any other time of the year. I do think it is because we all want that "Norman Rockwell" family Christmas which is not very realistic however somehow we still want it to be. <3 I truly would love for ALL my family to be together... hopefully one day even if it is in heaven.
Old 12-05-2012, 07:04 AM   #2597
Stazon Splitcoast

I know how you feel, Joan. I get down because I really want to spend at least one Christmas with my granddaughters while they're still young. I miss the girls so much.
Old 12-05-2012, 07:11 AM   #2598
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Hugs to you, Joan. It IS a difficult holiday. The hype is crazy.
Old 12-05-2012, 07:11 AM   #2599
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
I know how you feel, Joan. I get down because I really want to spend at least one Christmas with my granddaughters while they're still young. I miss the girls so much.

Hugs to you <3
Old 12-05-2012, 02:39 PM   #2600
Stazon Splitcoast

I am working on being up beat! Thanks for not judging and just listening to my woes!